Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 5 of 61[ 2410 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 61  Next

Re: 999 Sequel Announced (3DS/Vita)Topic%20Title

Yellow Magician wrote:
Crap, and I haven't even played the first one. Anyone have a part-time job vacancy? D:

Go outside, find a way to earn money and buy the game NOW! :D
Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

OBJECTION!

Hey,
I found another version of the trailer (with slightly altered subtitles which change the translation a bit).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0wXTgm2 ... re=related

If this isnt localised, I will cry :(
When they say "fully voiced" I wonder if they'll keep the Japanese voices or make English ones? Like I said, I always imagined my own voices in 999 and dont want to be disappointed.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

OBJECTION!

Also had a thought...

Spoiler:
The significance of the grab of Zero in the trailer. Does that mean they're actually in this game, or was that just to remind us about 999? If Zero is mentioned, is it a different Zero, or the same one? Very interesting....

OBJECTION!

Speculation:
Spoiler:
IF the game is June/Santa's bigger plan, could they turn up? Wonder who the Grandpa guy is? It would indeed be interesting if Junpei became an Ace-like figure.

I may have to buy a Vita just for this game if it doesnt come to EU... ARGGGHH! :(

OBJECTION!

More thoughts:
Spoiler:
It's probably likely this is June/Santa's bigger plan... but what if its a prequel? If we consider the first Nonary game was Past Akane sending Junpei information so he could help save her future self, then the people such as Alice will be how Past Akane remembers them..? If the next game is in the future does that make Alice a real person?

OBJECTION!

Found out some interesting stuff while reading another forum:

Thoughts/ideas:

Spoiler:
The names arent based on Greek letters - but numbers. We already have Sigma (apparently 200) and Phi (500).
I dont think the rabbit will be Zero (someone said something neat about - maybe it is a reference to the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland, or "All-ice" in Wonderland... - as to the picture of Zero, not sure if he will be in the game or not.. it may just be referencing 999, perhaps Zero will be a suspect.
Maybe this time, theyre on a space station? (Look at the image of a red planet in space). Maybe they're infected with a virus.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

When assigning pairs on my chart, I did consider the values for Sigma et al... But the problem with that is, they don't match the numbers on the wrists. Additionally, there appear to be values missing from the chart on Wikipedia, I'm doing this from memory, but I think there's no 900 for instance.

As for the rabbit in Alice and Wonderland... that's an AWESOME supposition!
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

OBJECTION!

I just noticed something weird in the trailer...
Spoiler:
At about 0:44, the girl lying down (older June?) isnt wearing a bracelet! :o
The bracelets seem different this time - the number on them is smaller and to the right. Perhaps there'll be more information on the bracelet this time?

OBJECTION!

Some more media/info here:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/139/G013907/20110906018/

Anyone speak Japanese? :D

I'm just so excited about this game. Part of me wants to read all about it and discuss theories and part of me wants to go in with a clean slate. :D

元・超会社員級の管理人

I only took a quick glance since I'm in a hurry, but I think that's just reiterating the info from Famitsu we already knew. The new screen of Phi is just her saying "My name's Phi."
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

OBJECTION!

When does the new Famitsu come out?
If the game is only 50% complete I'd say a 2012/13 date for EU/US is likely. :(
I dont think the story would be changed based on the system you play it on (though that would be neat).

...Hopefully someday... xD

grim_tales wrote:
When does the new Famitsu come out?
If the game is only 50% complete I'd say a 2012/13 date for EU/US is likely. :(
I dont think the story would be changed based on the system you play it on (though that would be neat).

Just out of curiosity, sorry if I've missed it, but is it really gonna have EU release?
'cause...Well...It'd be great for many if even the original 999 would get EU release...
Sure, I hope it will be one of those 3DS games released here just to...try how much they can get.
It'd make things easier for us too, since 3DS isn't region free.
So...Let's hope...For few years... :P
ImageImageImageImage

I guess it depends on how many people imported 999 from the US, but even if not that many people did import it, I think Aksys will probably make the sequel region free, assuming they do release it in the US (since the region locking depends on the cartridge and not the console itself). After all, it's not like it would cost them money, and it would get them more sales (especially if they don't release the game in Europe).

OBJECTION!

I don't actually know if it will be released in UK/Europe, I'm just guessing :) As zinle says, the original didnt get a UK release so releasing it there may seem odd. But if enough campaign maybe it will (remember T&T?)
I just said US/EU to cover "worldwide" for ease of use.
IF the game is made region free when its localised - Day 1 purchase for me :) That would be the ideal scenario for me.

...Hopefully someday... xD

grim_tales wrote:
IF the game is made region free when its localised - Day 1 purchase for me :) That would be the ideal scenario for me.

That'd be the case for me too then.
Heck, I'd propably pre-order it way before it even comes to stores. :D
(this by nickname; already preordered:
- Kingdom Hearts 3D
- Luigi's Mansion 2
- Mario Kart 3DS
- Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater
- Paper Mario 3DS
- Super Mario 3DS
- Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor: Overlocked)

Also, thanks mai. That was news to me, since I've allways thought that it needs to be the console itself and not the game chart.
...Actually...Now that I think of it it does make some sense why my Alice in Wonderland (US) won't work on my 3DS but sure works on normal DS.
ImageImageImageImage

OBJECTION!

Hey,
I know we think that:
Spoiler:
this game is Santa's/Akane's bigger plan, but does this actually take place after or at the same time as 999? Surely it would have to be after?
Maybe the "Akane" that decided to become Zero isn't the "real" Akane?
Also look at Phi's "I don't know why, but somehow I know" in the trailer.
Does that sound similar to 999's "Why do I.. know?" line or what?

I've heard Aksys have "No plans at this time regarding localisation" but I'm not worried yet, I mean I doubt they've even seen the game yet TBH, its not even finished being made yet. It will probably take a while to localise too (up to a year?)

grim_tales wrote:
Hey,
I know we think that:
Spoiler:
this game is Santa's/Akane's bigger plan, but does this actually take place after or at the same time as 999? Surely it would have to be after?
Maybe the "Akane" that decided to become Zero isn't the "real" Akane?
Also look at Phi's "I don't know why, but somehow I know" in the trailer.
Does that sound similar to 999's "Why do I.. know?" line or what?

I've heard Aksys have "No plans at this time regarding localisation" but I'm not worried yet, I mean I doubt they've even seen the game yet TBH, its not even finished being made yet. It will probably take a while to localise too (up to a year?)

Spoiler:
We don't really know when the game takes place, but I think it should be safe to assume it takes place after 999. I mean, if the game isn't about Santa and June's bigger plan, I really can't think what it would be about (because what would be the point of another Nonary Game? Unless this isn't a Nonary Game, but I think it probably is, although with some changes).
Morphogenetic fields again, I guess? Hmm... I was going to say "what if Phi is actually related to Santa and she's receiving information from him", but Santa was a "receiver", not an "emisor", right? He probably isn't very good at sending information through the fields, unless he has a special talent, like June, which wouldn't be that weird I guess.

Anyway, I think 999's Akane was the real deal. I can't think of any reason why she wouldn't be the real one.

As far as we know the game is only 50% complete, right? They might not have a Japanese release date yet (especially since the PSVita hasn't been released yet). I think there's a good chance they will localize it, especially since iirc 999 sold much better in the US than Japan.

EDIT: @Zinle: No problem, I myself didn't know about that until recently, actually. Apparently, whether a game is region free or not depends on the developers (when it comes to the 3DS, anyway). In fact, I think that region locked games are probably the ones that do get released worldwide. Otherwise, region locking a game wouldn't really make much sense.

Slightly Disheveled Radiator

Location: In a box on a hill towards the west banks of an unknown river.

Spoiler:
If that is really Clover/Clover spawn then I hope she was captured halfway through changing into her cavewoman costume for a Halloween party because that is so much midriff to wear in public

I'm excited for this. /news.
Created by Vickinator, the greatest person EVER.
~ Crying in Public ~ The Kallisti Project: Samurai Arc

Married to Sakuro*And Eximplode07

OBJECTION!

Its the same amount of midriff Lotus was showing, no? :o

Lotus was wearing a belly dancing outfit, since it's her hobby, so it's somewhat justifiable (she got kidnapped when she was returning from belly dancing classes or something like that, maybe?)... though to be honest it isn't "Clover's" clothes that bother me, but "Alice's". Now that's a revealing outfit! How are they going to explain her being shirtless?

... Why am I thinking about this?

Anyway, looking at the scans, there's the corpse of a lady, and she doesn't look like any of the players...
Spoiler:
Perhaps she's the old man's wife or something? They look about the same age... or maybe she's related to the first Nonary Game in some way? The only people who died in 999 were the ones who were related to the first Nonary Game...
It's a bit weird that they're showing us a dead body so early on, even if it happens really early in the game or something like that (like the 9th man's death).
Or maybe her death really is relevant and/or it happens late in the game. It's still weird that they show that in the scan, though.

OBJECTION!

Alice's clothes are a bit revealing - I mean I'm no prude but - yikes :o How will they get away with that in the US/EU? No shirt, no bra, just a.. er, chain... :D
Interesting I just read something on Aksys games Twitter - they said "As a general rule we are a North American company, and unfortunately we don't have any Euro plans for 999 :(" So the chances of the sequel coming here have just left town. It did mention other publishers though...
Hopefully it will come to the US then.
BTW, has anyone seen the film Triangle? Wonderful creepy psychological horror/thriller that reminded me of 999 in some ways
Spoiler:
with its themes of time-loops, choosing the right paths... also a group of strangers being on an old fashioned boat, and the way it played with time...
Doesnt the dead lady look like a much older June? :o

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Thus, might they make the Japanese version region locked, but the US version region free?

grim_tales wrote:
BTW, has anyone seen the film Triangle? Wonderful creepy psychological horror/thriller that reminded me of 999 in some ways
Spoiler:
with its themes of time-loops, choosing the right paths... also a group of strangers being on an old fashioned boat, and the way it played with time...
Doesnt the dead lady look like a much older June? :o

Sounds really interesting! I'm not much of a movie buff, but I'll check it out.

@Wooster: Maybe. It'd make sense, really; while the Japanese version would only be interesting for a Japanese audience, the English version would have a worldwide appeal (since there are many English-speaking countries and English is an universal language, while Japanese is spoken only in Japan). An European release would be rather risky: localizing the game to the main European languages is expensive, and they have no guarantee it would be worth it (it's not a big title, so chances are the game would sell poorly). They could release it in Europe without localizing it, but then it would definitely sell poorly (except in the UK, I guess). Videogames in Europe are more expensive than the US, which means there's no point in buying the European version if it's also in English anyway. Might as well just import it.
That's probably why Aksys doesn't plan on releasing 999 in Europe: it's expensive, they don't know whether it will be worth it, and it's not like they're losing money, since the game is region free and Europeans can import it if they want to. Same thing can be said for the sequel, which is why I think they will make it region free.

On the other hand, the fact that an European localization is only profitable when it comes to really big titles (Pokémon, Zelda, Mario, Professor Layton...) is quite worrying...

OBJECTION!

Speaking of Layton, I wonder what that means for the prospect of PLvAA recieving a localisation, European or otherwise? I know Layton is big over here but I think read somewhere (admittedly just under a YT video so maybe bull) PLvAA wouldnt be localised?!?? :(

Last edited by grim_tales on Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

grim_tales wrote:
Speaking of Layton, I wonder what that means for the prospect of PLvAA recieving a localisation, European or otherwise? I know Layton is big over here but I think read somewhere PLvAA wouldnt be localised?!?? :(

Do a favor. Go to CR's front page, and look at the Level-5 official Facebook poll. There's no way they're not aware of the demand for PLvAA

OBJECTION!

Apologies Wooster, I just edited my post with where I found the comment :) Admittedly I read that underneath a YT video so its probably rubbish.

I wish I WERE the best.

So who do you think is the "9th Man" in this sequel? And by "9th Man", I mean the person who dies early in the game. I think it's either the kid or the armor guy but either of them seems to get a lot of screen time.

I hope there isn't a "9th Man" like last time. It's best to make new surprises for us. I don't want to expect the same things to happen last time. Looking forward to what new puzzles there will be as well.

OBJECTION!

That's a good point - I don't want to guess too much if things will happen like last time, if it was just another Nonary Game that sounds a bit of a let down. Something new (but linked to 999) sounds more interesting.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

The thing with the 9th man. Was that he 'had' to die. The player's choices must effect the outcome of the game. Who goes with who. etc. The 9th man in the Nonary game could've overridden that rule.

Depending on the number they choose as a base, assuming there is a # game, determines who must kick the bucket, either literally or escape the plot line in some other method.

Oh my gosh! A 999 sequel? I'm so excited for this xD

OBJECTION!

Hey,
Found some more details but it doesnt say anything we dont already know:

http://www.3dsbuzz.com/details-begin-to ... eople-die/

Does that mean Aksys could pick it up soon?

Also the theme of betrayal (?) and the title Good People Die reminds me of this quote from 999 (Santa says this to Junpei):

Spoiler:
Santa: Look, if you trust anybody in this game, you're gonna lose. The person you trust the most could turn out to be the one who stabs you in the back.

OBJECTION!

Jusdt had a thought about "All-ice":
Is that actually her in the trailer for 999-2, is she actually a real person?
Spoiler:
Remember June made the 2nd Nonary Game exactly as the way she saw it through Junpei's eyes in the 1st one. So I don't know if Alice is real or not?

I've only been scanning this thread so apologies if I miss things. Anyway two things:

1. Is it totally true that the region locking is on the games, and not on the console?

Spoiler:
Alice was on the original Gigantic, right? So would she not have sank with the ship?

I am tired, so this might not make a lot of sense.. Also, major spoilers:
Spoiler:
It is never confirmed that Alice even exists. Ace never found her on the Gigantic, and she didn't appear in any of the coffins in Q building either. In the end, Junpei and the rest starts to reject the idea that Alice exist. If memory serves me right, Ace said something like that as well.. but.. then we see her at the end of the game out in the desert. The creator admitted in the Q&A section (again, unless my mind is playing tricks on me) that the appearance of Alice in the end was just a tease.. so the woman in 999-2 might be Alice, but perhaps Alice has nothing to do with the game at all..
My theory is that the woman we see in the desert is the same person we see in 999-2.. whether or not it is Alice I'm still not sure but I am pretty sure that the woman in 999-2 is supposed to look like the Alice we imagined. My reason for this is of course, the fact that the woman in 999-2 shares the same haircut and the same facial structure as the picture of the "egyptian princess" we see when June tells us about her behind door 4. Also, it's hard to tell from the picture (because the egyptian princess cover her clothes with her arms), but their clothes seem to be the very same.

Here's a crazy theory (read at your own risk).. what if this game is a prequel, and Ace perhaps got inspired by an even older Nonary Game (although this isn't really another Nonary Game) and this game takes place in a laboratory of some sort where all kinds of experiments are being performed.. one of which could have something to do with the creation of Ice-9.. and the game ends with Alice, perhaps the only survivor, being frozen and carried through a desert for some reason.. she is eventually discovered by someone, and because of her appearance, rumors begins to spread about a frozen egyptian princess.. even though she might be nothing of the sort.. another idea is that the game takes place at the same time as the second Nonary Game and also takes place in a lab somewhere in the desert. Eventually Alice (and presumably the main characters of this game) escapes this lab and stumbles upon a car driving towards them...

Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

OBJECTION!

samboo1 wrote:
I've only been scanning this thread so apologies if I miss things. Anyway two things:

1. Is it totally true that the region locking is on the games, and not on the console?

Spoiler:
Alice was on the original Gigantic, right? So would she not have sank with the ship?

The console is locked to a certain region depending on where it's bought I guess, but I think companies can choose whether to lock certain games or not. If a game is released worldwide (say a Mario game) they tend to be region locked (I think?!) So if 999: Good People Die (love that title) comes to the US and not Europe maybe it will be region free?

Voice acting will make the game more expensive for Aksys to localise though... (thats if they decide to have English acting.. maybe they'll keep Japanese).

@Jack's theory:
Spoiler:
I really like that idea, it's neat. We all assumed the game is about Santa's/June's plan but maybe it isnt? What if this takes place around the same time, or in some alternate future? I read Sigma is meant to be a college student like Junpei (he looks older though)?

Here for my yearly login

Did the first game actually sell well? Don't get me wrong, I loved the first game, but I don't really remember seeing the game being sold anywhere on the high streets.
Signatures are hard...

Sir

Manson wrote:
Did the first game actually sell well? Don't get me wrong, I loved the first game, but I don't really remember seeing the game being sold anywhere on the high streets.

It's not exactly a sure fire source (especially for relatively small selling games like this), but according to vgchartz
http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/35 ... ine-doors/
I fully expect a US release. We're talking 150K copies sold on US versus 30K in JP.

元・超会社員級の管理人

While I wouldn't trust VGChartz's numbers, two of Aksys' higher-ups are members on NeoGAF and have mentioned on multiple occasions that they're extremely happy with the sales numbers and that they'd love to localize the sequel.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

I wish I WERE the best.

I think if there's going to be a sequel, it should happen after the first game. As you can obviously see from the trailer, it looks pretty influenced from sci-fi.
Page 5 of 61 [ 2410 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 61  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station