Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 4 of 61[ 2410 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 61  Next

Re: 999 Sequel Announced (3DS/Vita)Topic%20Title

Here's the digital root for those numbers. Not because I see any significance in them, but just so you guys won't waste your time:
Spoiler:
94648.28366 = 4.7 = 2
90239.20212 = 5.7 = 3
85830.12059 = 6.8 = 5
82449.82474 = 9.7 = 7
82449.82474 = 9.7 = 7
72602.87598 = 8.1 = 9
68193.79444 = 9.1 = 1
59375.63137 = 2.2 = 4
54966.54983 = 3.2 = 5
Digital root of everything = 7

Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

Ace Nobody

grim_tales wrote:
Optionally region locked? What does that mean?

It means devs could choose to make their games region locked or not. Like if Nintendo made an ouendan/EBA 3D, they would probably make the game region free.

Call me James

Professor_Wright wrote:
grim_tales wrote:
Optionally region locked? What does that mean?

It means devs could choose to make their games region locked or not. Like if Nintendo made an ouendan/EBA 3D, they would probably make the game region free.

Yeah, I heard that. Has any development team actually decided to go for a non-region locked release, though?

Also, I doubt there will be another Elite Beat Agents. Maybe another Ouendan, perhaps. Not Elite Beat Agents, though. :larry:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

OBJECTION!

OK, thanks. Will wait and see if an English version of 999 3DS is region free (knowing how popular it is, maybe Aksys will, I dunno!)
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Wooster wrote:
Perhaps there's weight to 7 and 4 being the same... Flashing back...

Quote:
GLTM-KM506 Download Data
82449.82474 <Same number twice?>

9 Numbers, one twice. 9 Bracelets, one arm twice. Lotus 2.0 would be the 10th, so she's out. Then again, it is odd that we've got a 0, but no 9 bracelet. Hmm... Perhaps Lotus's bracelet is #9 but she dies like the 9th Man. The ninth bracelet is a 'very powerful ally' and would make the game too easy... but why then do we have 0? After all 9 and 0 have the same digital root.
Oh, sorry, I forgot to put 9 in there. From the images, we know Phi has #9... unless it's an upside-down 6.

Here are the screenshots of the arms, so if you've got an idea, please let us know!
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImage

As you can see, 4 & 7, and 2 & 9 are the same. Also make note that the bracelet band colors are there, though who knows if they're important.

Jack Lamber wrote:
Here's the digital root for those numbers. Not because I see any significance in them, but just so you guys won't waste your time:
Spoiler:
94648.28366 = 4.7 = 2
90239.20212 = 5.7 = 3
85830.12059 = 6.8 = 5
82449.82474 = 9.7 = 7
82449.82474 = 9.7 = 7
72602.87598 = 8.1 = 9
68193.79444 = 9.1 = 1
59375.63137 = 2.2 = 4
54966.54983 = 3.2 = 5
Digital root of everything = 7
Interesting. There's no 8, but a second 7. I think that could mean something.

Last edited by QBnoYouko on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not a lawyer, I'm a hedgehog!

QBnoYouko wrote:
Here are the screenshots of the arms, so if you've got an idea, please let us know!
Spoiler:

As you can see, 4 & 7, and 5 & 9 are the same. Also make note that the bracelet band colors are there, though who knows if they're important.

Spoiler:
What do you mean 5 & 9 are the same? 2 & 9 look more similar to me. They're exact copies. 5 looks slightly paler.

Avatar by Elriel, sig by Vikinator.

Sophie Trite wrote:
Spoiler:
What do you mean 5 & 9 are the same? 2 & 9 look more similar to me. They're exact copies. 5 looks slightly paler.

:knock-knock: That's what I meant to say, actually. My bad. Fixed my post.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Looking for possible names, and their 'pairs'

ImageImage: Alpha, Kappa, or Tau
ImageImage: Beta, Lambda, or Upsilon
ImageImage: Gamma, Mu, or <Phi>
ImageImage: Delta, Nu, or Chi
ImageImage: Epsilon, Xi, or Psi
ImageImage: Zeta, Omicron, or Omega
ImageImage: Eta, or Pi
ImageImage: Theta, or Rho
ImageImage/ImageImage: Iota, or <Sigma>

ImageImage

All I can conclude is that "Iota" is the pair for Robo. Iota sounds feminine, So I guess Robo is paired with either Clover 2.0, or Lotus 2.0, or 'Lavender'.

I'm also going to guess that 7's Pair is 'Eta' as the alternative 'Pi' sounds too similar to Phi, which would be quite confusing.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

OBJECTION!

Is it a good idea for the makers of the game to reveal names so early?
However its interesting that:
Spoiler:
the main character has a code name (if it IS a made up name and not his real one) this time. Junpei didn't in the first game

Deputy of Self-Esteem

I've updated my previous post with as best as I can guess the owners of the watches. Once process of elimination kicks in, The owners of the double arms become Phi, and the Magician.

Also, interesting coincidence, the sums of the two doubles, both equal 11. Or 2, if we're going all Digital Root...
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

元・超会社員級の管理人

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen any official confirmation that that's actually Clover and Alice? I've seen a few people on YouTube and Tumblr say it's been confirmed as such, but other than Famitsu's little jab I haven't seen any official word. Not to say I don't think they are, just that I'm curious as to if they've been confirmed as such so I can update the TV Tropes page for 999.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

OBJECTION!

Whatever the case, I'm sure they want us to THINK that's Alice....

grim_tales wrote:

Spoiler:
Yeah, I think that's it. She looks so much like Alice. It's way too obvious. It reminds me of Musashidou in the first game: Zero told the players she was the captain of the ship, then put Musashidou in the Captain's Quarters, dressed him with the captain's clothes and made him wear a bracelet with a 0 on it. Of course Junpei saw straight through it, because it was too obvious. But Zero never intented to fool him in the first place.
It's the same with "Alice". I bet everyone who played 999 and saw the scans thought "wow, is that Alice!?". They wanted to cause a big impression on the fans, and I think they succeeded.

I really want to know what they're going to do with this character. It probably won't be something like "by the way, she's Alice" or "she's not Alice, she's just a huge red herring". If it was something as simple as that, that'd be really disappointing...

Spoiler:
Well let's wait and see if:
- Her name turns out to be Alice. If it does, then she could still be the real thing. The plot twist would be her revealing not to be Alice at all.
- Her name is something different. If it is, she is probably not Alice. As you said, it would be too obvious for those who've played the first game.

OBJECTION!

mai wrote:
grim_tales wrote:

Spoiler:
Yeah, I think that's it. She looks so much like Alice. It's way too obvious. It reminds me of Musashidou in the first game: Zero told the players she was the captain of the ship, then put Musashidou in the Captain's Quarters, dressed him with the captain's clothes and made him wear a bracelet with a 0 on it. Of course Junpei saw straight through it, because it was too obvious. But Zero never intented to fool him in the first place.
It's the same with "Alice". I bet everyone who played 999 and saw the scans thought "wow, is that Alice!?". They wanted to cause a big impression on the fans, and I think they succeeded.

I really want to know what they're going to do with this character. It probably won't be something like "by the way, she's Alice" or "she's not Alice, she's just a huge red herring". If it was something as simple as that, that'd be really disappointing...

Agree on all points.
Spoiler:
I really hope she isnt a red herring like she kinda was in the first game... also you're right - the twist with Musashidou was brilliant.

I hope this game is as well written as the last one (I'm sure it will be) and when they say "fully voiced" they dont go overboard. That part does excite me, but 999 had so much tension from me just reading out the novel parts myself.
I also hope there's still some 2D art.

We know there will be 2D stills for the black/white screens. Hopefully they're not just for flashbacks.

I really hope I'm wrong, but if you look at the few screenshots we know of, it doesn't look like that only the escape-the-room sequences will use 3d models. The "Alice" and Sigma screenshots could of course turn out to be a part of these sequences, but given the characters poses it doesn't look likely to me. Also, the "Clover" screenshot could go either way.

Either way, it's too early to do anything but speculate at this point :) And I'm sure it will turn out to be one of the 3DS's finest :larry2:

Jack Lamber wrote:
Spoiler:
- Her name turns out to be Alice. If it does, then she could still be the real thing. The plot twist would be her revealing not to be Alice at all.
- Her name is something different. If it is, she is probably not Alice. As you said, it would be too obvious for those who've played the first game.

Spoiler:
Well, her name wouldn't be Alice though, would it? Science named her, she would have her own name. She may be oblivious to the fact she has been named Alice because of ICE-9.

OBJECTION!

That's a good point :)
Ice-9 does get a mention in the trailer....
Topic%20Title

samboo1 wrote:
Jack Lamber wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Well, her name wouldn't be Alice though, would it? Science named her, she would have her own name. She may be oblivious to the fact she has been named Alice because of ICE-9.

Wow, I'm... really stupid :larry2: I think I have to replay 999 soon so I won't say anything like that again :P
But, yeah, suppose that it is Alice..
Spoiler:
Chances are that she know about her nickname... unless of course, Junpei and the others didn't pick her up, but that seems unlikely :P

元・超会社員級の管理人

Full scans, including a few more screens. Waiting to hear if anyone can translate and tell us if there's new info.

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Well, apparently only all the flashbacks use 2d artworks. But honestly, I don't have any problems with the 3d models as I think they look fine.
However I hope the 3d environment is used for the gameplay and not just a gimmick.

OBJECTION!

I'm sure I'll get used to the 3D models in time. In motion they could look good and I'd need to see them on a real 3DS.

...Hopefully someday... xD

To be honest, I'm kinda 50/50 on this one.
Sure it's sequel to 999; making it awesome, but...
...Robocop...Talking rabbit...Whatta HELL happened?! ಠ__ಠ

Also; huge minus 3DS not being region free...
...Sigh...First I need to save again to buy ANOTHER 3DS...
Then I need to save to get the game...

Though...I guess I would have imported the US 3DS some part anyway...
Just because...Well...Just in case something like this comes up.
ImageImageImageImage

OBJECTION!

I'm sure that no one in the game will be what they seem....
Though I agree about a robot/rabbit.... it just seems a bit "out there", I mean, 999 required leaps of imagination but it also had a kind of "It could actually happen" feel particularly with regards to characterisation and type.

My theory:

Spoiler:
Hmmm.... just noticed in the 1st half of the spread - we have Santa and June standing together in front of Door 3 from the first game... except I don't remember that exact shot?
Them being together must mean something... it MUST! Possibly that this game is something to do with their larger plan?

But it COULD happen. 999 takes place in 2027, and as far as we know this game takes place after that (9 years after, maybe?). A robot isn't such a huge stretch, especially considering we don't know anything about it. Heck, for all we know it could be just a normal human in some kind of robotic armour.
As for the rabbit... we don't know anything about it either. It's not one of the players, it seems, so... it could just be another robot.

...Even so.
It's like Alice in Wonderland if ya catch my hint.
...I'm not trying to say that this couldn't work.
First game is amazing and if this is like it; no problem.
...With rabbit or without it...
ImageImageImageImage

grim_tales wrote:
My theory:

Spoiler:
Hmmm.... just noticed in the 1st half of the spread - we have Santa and June standing together in front of Door 3 from the first game... except I don't remember that exact shot?
Them being together must mean something... it MUST! Possibly that this game is something to do with their larger plan?

Spoiler:
I doubt it. I am pretty sure June and Santa does talk with each other in front of door 3 during their search for Snake, but I could be wrong. Also, if the game will have something to do with Akane/Aoi, I doubt it will be revealed as one of the first things we'll know about the game.

mai wrote:
But it COULD happen. 999 takes place in 2027, and as far as we know this game takes place after that (9 years after, maybe?). A robot isn't such a huge stretch, especially considering we don't know anything about it. Heck, for all we know it could be just a normal human in some kind of robotic armour.
As for the rabbit... we don't know anything about it either. It's not one of the players, it seems, so... it could just be another robot.

Ehm... I'll skip the whole "could this happen" discussion and move to another point of yours :P Whether or not that guy turns out to be a robot or a human, the game sure looks like it's going to be really sci-fi influenced. I really liked what the original game did, when it referred to historical events (titanic), or non fictional theories
Spoiler:
Morphogenetic field
and mixed it all together. It really helped to create the games overall atmosphere, and I've never been too happy about games that were too sci-fi-ish, if you know what I mean. I still expect this game to be very good, but I think it's a little unfortunate if the game takes place in an age where robots and AI are just typical everyday stuff.
Also, like grim_tales said, 999 was a game that seemed pretty realistic most of the way but
Spoiler:
then there would be this one surreal element that would make you doubt whether or not such a thing like morphogenetic field could actually exist or not.. If we accept that the next game takes place in the future, where robots and who-knows-what is reality now, it'll probably be a lot easier to accept stuff like morphogenetic fields and such..

Wow, I really had some trouble expressing myself in this post :P too many complicated subjects :larry2:

Jack Lamber wrote:
I mean. I still expect this game to be very good, but I think it's a little unfortunate if the game takes place in an age where robots and AI are just typical everyday stuff.

Just because there's one robot in the game doesn't mean robots are common in the game's setting. Again, we don't know anything about it.

OBJECTION!

I liked the way 999 was structured too and the way it didnt:

Spoiler:
go down a straight sci-fi or alien route, or something like that, and as Jack said, mixing historical facts with scientific theory.
I didnt know 999 took place in 2027 though, I thought it was the early 2000's or so, I should pay more attention in future :P

Mai makes a good point though, we don't know anything about it. It could be a guy in armour for all we know. It doesnt mean the game will be full of robots and stuff.

mai wrote:
Jack Lamber wrote:
I mean. I still expect this game to be very good, but I think it's a little unfortunate if the game takes place in an age where robots and AI are just typical everyday stuff.

Just because there's one robot in the game doesn't mean robots are common in the game's setting. Again, we don't know anything about it.

Hence the "if" :) Like you say, we don't know anything about it yet, but we can still discuss what we hope to see and what we don't hope to see :larry2: And while I don't hope the sequel will be very similar to the original game, I still hope that it will have the same overall theme of mixing history with scientific theories, and that it won't be all fiction this time around.

Jack Lamber wrote:
Hence the "if" :) Like you say, we don't know anything about it yet, but we can still discuss what we hope to see and what we don't hope to see :larry2: And while I don't hope the sequel will be very similar to the original game, I still hope that it will have the same overall theme of mixing history with scientific theories, and that it won't be all fiction this time around.

To be fair, the science in 999 isn't actual science:
Spoiler:
Morphic resonance is just an hypothesis, and ice-9 is entirely fictional.
There's a reference to Schrödinger's cat in the trailer, though, which is interesting (the players are trapped in a warehouse, just like Schrödinger's cat is trapped in a box...). Seems like there'll be a fair share of science in this one, too!
Personally, I don't mind a futuristic/sci-fi(ish) setting. I wonder how the Three Laws of Robotics will come into play.

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
some of the science is based on actual science though I think (doesnt ice in fact have an isotope with a lower melting point?) It certainly got me thinking about some of the theories anyway

grim_tales wrote:
Spoiler:
some of the science is based on actual science though I think (doesnt ice in fact have an isotope with a lower melting point?) It certainly got me thinking about some of the theories anyway

Spoiler:
But isotopes are different atoms of a same chemical element. Ice doesn't have isotopes (oxygen and hydrogen do), and its melting point only changes depending on the pressure (like any other substance), as far as I know. Ice-9 is fictional and taken from a novel called Cat's Cradle.
Morphic resonance is an actual real-life hypothesis, but it's just that: hypothesis. Uchikoshi didn't make it up, though.

On an unrelated note, I think we've theorized about all characters except two: the kid and the guy in the hat (who reminds me of Max Galactica for some reason :will: ). I don't really know what to think. I doubt the kid has anything to do with the Nonary Game (except maybe through a connection with another character), but what about the other guy?
Spoiler:
Maybe he was one of the kids who played the first Nonary Game?

Well, the kid is the grandson to the old man according to the trailer, right? Meaning that we at least have one connection there, like we had with Clover and Snake. I'm curious about the magician look-a-like as well, but I have no idea how he could fit into all of this :eh?:

OBJECTION!

I bet there'll be a twist as to who the Grandpa guy is.... not that I want to speculate too much.
Maybe he isnt related to the little boy - perhaps the kid just thinks he's his Granddad - or something. I don't think 999 revealed Clover and Snake were siblings in their trailer.

OBJECTION!

Any thoughts on when this could be released? I'd honestly be very surprised if it isnt localised but with a game as text heavy as 999 this could take a while.
Prays it is region free.

grim_tales wrote:
Any thoughts on when this could be released? I'd honestly be very surprised if it isnt localised but with a game as text heavy as 999 this could take a while.
Prays it is region free.

What I understood it's only stated that it's going to come, but isn't even near complete yet, so...
Yeah...It'll still take a while.
Aaaaaannd another while for outer sea releases.

Region free? Well...3DS is NOT, but I don't know for Vita...Guess it isn't...
Meh...We'll see.
ImageImageImageImage

OBJECTION!

I know the 3DS isnt region free but maybe the actual game could still be made Region Free? Kinda like how you can have a R2 locked DVD player but you can play Region free DVDs on it.
Not sure I want to buy a Vita for just that game though.

Zoinks

Crap, and I haven't even played the first one. Anyone have a part-time job vacancy? D:
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |
Page 4 of 61 [ 2410 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 61  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station