Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 45 of 48[ 1897 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Re: Dangan-RonpaTopic%20Title

Enoshima Junko-chan!

IF was not actually written by the games' writer.

Lone was talking about how characters would make a joke (not a specific joke) to ruin the gloomy atmosphere.

Happy Maria

Recovered from my fever today so I thought I'd watch UDG. Found a video of the story but it's 11 hours long so I played the v3 demo since it's a reboot.

Spoiler:
New gameplay mechanics are awful. The weird block minigame is just there, the Psyche cab is just a combo of Logic a dive and Hangman's Gambit, the Panic Talk debate is unnecessary, and the lying mechanic is...also unnecessary. In what context would you need to lie other than a Tigre-esque scenario?

I do like that they brought back a few returning voice actors, like Tereuteru's, Gundham's, Celeste's and even Sayaka's.

Also Yasuhiro had the sense to pretend to be dead at least to give everyone joy

Though who was supposed to have 'killed' him, then?

In the main game the astronaut's probably going to kill someone and so is the cosplayer and the dumb inventor. Calling it now

Played the DR V3 demo today. Mid way in the class trial, and so far the new mechanics aren't that bad. They are okay, but the one that I am finding fond of is the perjury system. It makes things feel like an actual trial, and I love that. The whole car mechanic is just weird haha

Happy Maria

One For All wrote:
Played the DR V3 demo today. Mid way in the class trial, and so far the new mechanics aren't that bad. They are okay, but the one that I am finding fond of is the perjury system. It makes things feel like an actual trial, and I love that. The whole car mechanic is just weird haha

Meh. Don't really see the point of lying unless it's something similar to a Tigre-esque gamble myself. And yeah, the car minigame is just a rehash of hangman's gambit and logic dive. The one they showed in the demo was ridiculously easy.

But anyway, I finished watching that 11 hour long UDG video today so I guess I know all about the story of the game. AMA about the game if you'd like

Spoiler: Question about the ending
What...even happened? There was an hour long stalling about breaking the controller or not, but we don't even get to see what comes of it in the end. What happened to the brainwashed kids? Did they explode? The ending left a whole lotta stuff vague

Oh and I guess that was him in the ending sequence, right? That honestly confused me in SDR2 honestly. What was even his role other than to serve as a shocker?

Well, I guess the DR3 anime comes next. What order should I watch it in again?

Blah!

I think DR3 kind of ties up the remaining questions from UDG, but I forget the details.

You should watch DR3 in release order, where you watch the first Future, then the first Despair, then second Future, second Despair, etc. Hope is the last episode after you finish those two arcs.

Socot wrote:
One For All wrote:

Meh. Don't really see the point of lying unless it's something similar to a Tigre-esque gamble myself. And yeah, the car minigame is just a rehash of hangman's gambit and logic dive. The one they showed in the demo was ridiculously easy.

Well like they mentioned. The point of it is to pretty much tell a lie in order to get the culprit to slip up in some form. Lying under oath is considered perjury.

I've felt worse.

Socot wrote:
But anyway, I finished watching that 11 hour long UDG video today so I guess I know all about the story of the game. AMA about the game if you'd like

By any chance, does the character Kotoko Utsugi have some sort of tragic past?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Happy Maria

blahmoomoo wrote:
I think DR3 kind of ties up the remaining questions from UDG, but I forget the details.

You should watch DR3 in release order, where you watch the first Future, then the first Despair, then second Future, second Despair, etc. Hope is the last episode after you finish those two arcs.

Thanks. Despair arc is the
Spoiler: DR1
old school life the students had, right?

One For All wrote:
Socot wrote:
One For All wrote:

Well like they mentioned. The point of it is to pretty much tell a lie in order to get the culprit to slip up in some form. Lying under oath is considered perjury.

Well, yeah. I mentioned that earlier. I just don't think it'll get much use other than that imo.

Also it could just be me but I couldn't see the info on the lie bullets. I know it sounds pretty self explanatory but I doubt it's going to be that simple later on.

What I'm really interested in is the scotum debate or whatever that they didn't show. I looked it up and it sounds pretty neat.

sumguy28 wrote:
Socot wrote:

By any chance, does the character Kotoko Utsugi have some sort of tragic past?

Spoiler: Simple answer
Yes.

Spoiler: Detailed Answer (Trigger Warning)
Yes. She was a Lil' Ultimate Actress and since her father was having an affair with his hygiene assistant instead of being the breadwinner, her mother went out and 'sold' herself and her daughter to some producers who....raped her, to be blunt. They kept saying they would be gentle in order to calm her down, which is a trigger word to her to this day.

She also puts Komaru through a terrible minigame in present day thanks to this

Blah!

Despair arc mostly follows the DR2 characters, actually.

Spoiler: DR2 endgame
They become ultimate despairs, hence the arc name.

I've felt worse.

Socot wrote:
Spoiler: Simple answer
Yes.

Spoiler: response
Add this to the list of characters voiced by Erica Lindbeck who happen to have tragic pasts.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

They made an Honest Trailer for the series. Pretty good, you should check it out. https://youtu.be/RtPjABVsdSE

Happy Maria

TheDoctor wrote:
They made an Honest Trailer for the series. Pretty good, you should check it out. https://youtu.be/RtPjABVsdSE

Wish they pointed out a few more flaws but yeah, I enjoyed it.

The Abridged Series on YT though is much better though in terms of satirising everything.

Last edited by Southern Corn on Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Double post, but important info: Do not google any v3 character names! If you do, it loads up the DR wiki with their dead/alive status. I tried googling it for myself to see if I tried was true, and inadvertently got spoiled on something I didn't even expect. So yeah, don't be an idiot like me and google it.

On the other hand, I'm rather confused because
Spoiler: DRv3 Character's Dead/Alive Status (HUGE)
The person whom I googled was Kaede, which is surprising considering she's the protagonist. I'd think she would survive until the end, but apparently she's deceased? But how?

I don't know what to make of this. I think I got spoilt big time. :sadshoe:

Ah well, it's my fault for being so moronic in the first place.

Edit: If you've already played v3, please don't answer the question in the tags. It was rhetorical, after all.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

V3 demo was alright. I didn't catch on well with the lying mechanic well, but I like the possibilities it can bring. Unfortunately, I was searching something Danganronpa-related in DeviantArt and got spoiled on all of the deaths. One really stuck out to me, so I'm looking forward to how this will be handled in the game. Miu is my favourite character of this game.
So I've been spoiled in some way for every DR game.
Spoiler: V3 demo
Hajime sounds different from DR2. He sounds like a girl. Also, Yasuhiro dying in the V3 demo is a reference to the demo for DR1, he also dies in that one. Hifumi is implied to be the killer.

Replayed DR1, here's some thoughts.
Spoiler: DR1 & 2
I was wary of Byakuya the most in my first playthrough but after repeated playthroughs I don't think he's that good of a rival. He did establish himself as someone to watch out for with he second murder case but after that he doesn't do anything. I think Nagito is a much more threatening rival.

Also I have to agree that Junko can get annoying at times. She talks way too much at certain points. The final trial is long because of this, though I do love hearing her talk in her different voices. I like that she set up a scenario in which choosing despair and staying in the school is the safer and more logical choice over leaving the school, but life is about moving forward.

Finally, a good analysis on the game.
https://youtu.be/CZbIKCXqsOo

I've felt worse.

Quote:

I'll agree with his points on Monokuma, but as a counterpoint to his point on dynamic characters: Hagakure exists.

Happy Maria

MBr wrote:
V3 demo was alright. I didn't catch on well with the lying mechanic well, but I like the possibilities it can bring. Unfortunately, I was searching something Danganronpa-related in DeviantArt and got spoiled on all of the deaths. One really stuck out to me, so I'm looking forward to how this will be handled in the game. Miu is my favourite character of this game.

Funny you say that, since I think I'm going to hate her the most.

Quote:
Hajime sounds different from DR2. He sounds like a girl. Also, Yasuhiro dying in the V3 demo is a reference to the demo for DR1, he also dies in that one. Hifumi is implied to be the killer.

I think that's the same voice actor, just using a lower pitch this time.

Quote:
Replayed DR1, here's some thoughts.
Spoiler: DR1 & 2
I was wary of Byakuya the most in my first playthrough but after repeated playthroughs I don't think he's that good of a rival. He did establish himself as someone to watch out for with he second murder case but after that he doesn't do anything. I think Nagito is a much more threatening rival.

Also I have to agree that Junko can get annoying at times. She talks way too much at certain points. The final trial is long because of this, though I do love hearing her talk in her different voices. I like that she set up a scenario in which choosing despair and staying in the school is the safer and more logical choice over leaving the school, but life is about moving forward.

Spoiler:
Eh, Nagito's more annoying than anything imo. Byakuya I feel is less of a rival and more of a lesser Kyoko. I don't get how he figured out case 3's killer but not the suicide in case 4 though.

I honestly don't mind Junko in either games. I just don't like how the final trial is so exposition heavy.

Quote:

Thanks, I'll check it out later today.

Funny thing that. Me and Bad Player are in constant debate on whether Iruma's the best character or the worst. Apparently she was meant to be unlikable, and Kodaka is really confused on how she is so popular.

Either way, I can't wait for the west to get v3 so i can settle this once and for all.

Happy Maria

I mean apparently Mikan was supposed to be likeable so I can see it happening in reverse.

The imagination justifies the pimp

Lone wrote:
Funny thing that. Me and Bad Player are in constant debate on whether Iruma's the best character or the worst. Apparently she was meant to be unlikable, and Kodaka is really confused on how she is so popular.

Then again, Kodaka intended to see through it that Maki becomes popular as well, and got pretty disappointed that she's not even Top 8 in MyNavi.

Happy Maria

Interview with Adam Johnson on v3. Pretty interesting interview. They talk about some stuff. Ace Attorney and Zero Escape also come up. Apparently this game will be 50-60 hours long if you also focus on the bonus content. That's about DR2's length.

Socot wrote:
Apparently this game will be 50-60 hours long if you also focus on the bonus content.

Like how Tales of the Abyss promises up to 80-100 hours of gameplay, with the amount of side-stuff you can do? The plot itself took me 36 hours to complete on a first playthrough, and I barely did any sidequests. A playthrough where I do everything? About 50ish hours.

C-A

Happy Maria

Yeah, fair enough. In the interview though, it says without e bonus stuff it takes about 40-50 hours. Plus all the stuff with the localisers saying it was the biggest game they had to localise and all and this game's looking pretty huge.

Happy Maria

Well, the review copies have been sent. Watch out for spoilers now. FYI I've already seen a few LPs started super early. I don't think they'll proceed past chapter 1 until the release date but still, be on edge till then.

I've watched fan translations for Chapter 1 and 2 anyway, so I'm particularly safe on that regard.

Happy Maria

People have already made fan translations before the game even released?! Geez. DR fans are really hyped, I guess.

Though tbh I'm half tempted to watch a playthrough now. Let's see if I can make it through all of this.

Socot wrote:
Though tbh I'm half tempted to watch a playthrough now. Let's see if I can make it through all of this.

It's 6 days away pal, no problem with waiting. Play Megaman X or Ninja Gaiden or something to pad the time, that's what I did :P

Happy Maria

Yeah, thankfully I have some other games to play through, like Lady Layton, AAI2, Zero Escape. Let's hope those'll satiate my needs for a week :P

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Socot wrote:
Spoiler:
Honestly, I agree that the island was definitely not at all confined, which kinda ruined the game a bit. I would definitely not kill to get off this place.

Spoiler:
I played through the game again and I was thinking of your comment. I agree, but I think that was the reason why Monokuma brought up the existence of a traitor and the missing school memories. The missing memories were motives for the first two murders.

One of my favourite things about this game is that Nagito is every case's suspect, including when he's the victim.

Also, I like the last trial a lot more than I did originally. Like in the first game the characters are given a difficult choice, but it's much more difficult than the first game. It kept adding twists to increase the severity of the consequences, and it couldn't be solved by just picking "hope." I love that Hajime builds his confidence through gameplay - the part where you shoot the words of the multiple Izurus.

I love the answer Hajime arrives at: the future is your own.

Happy Maria

MBr wrote:
Socot wrote:
Spoiler:
Honestly, I agree that the island was definitely not at all confined, which kinda ruined the game a bit. I would definitely not kill to get off this place.

Spoiler:
I played through the game again and I was thinking of your comment. I agree, but I think that was the reason why Monokuma brought up the existence of a traitor and the missing school memories. The missing memories were motives for the first two murders.

Spoiler:
That and the Despair Disease, yeah. Those were...alright. But still not enough to kill over. The fourth motive though was pretty good. Though in hindsight it makes no sense. I thought Monokuma wasn't allowed to kill people or something? Yeah, it could be attributed as an indirect kill, but then again so could the executions. And also the part where he tries to kill Akane. How is he allowed to do that again?

Quote:
Spoiler:
One of my favourite things about this game is that Nagito is every case's suspect, including when he's the victim.

Eh, not really in case 2 to 4 imo.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Also, I like the last trial a lot more than I did originally. Like in the first game the characters are given a difficult choice, but it's much more difficult than the first game. It kept adding twists to increase the severity of the consequences, and it couldn't be solved by just picking "hope." I love that Hajime builds his confidence through gameplay - the part where you shoot the words of the multiple Izurus.

I love the answer Hajime arrives at: the future is your own.

Spoiler:
I actually like it less now, lol. I do agree with everything you said, and that's honestly why I loved it so much originally.

The main problem is the questions it raises in the trial. There are a LOT of plot holes there imo and the big twist with Izuru confused me. How did he upload the virus again?

Blah!

With V3 almost out, I'd like to remind everyone that you should tag your spoilers. Otherwise, others may avoid reading your spoilers even if it's unrelated to V3.

blahmoomoo wrote:
With V3 almost out, I'd like to remind everyone that you should tag your spoilers. Otherwise, others may avoid reading your spoilers even if it's unrelated to V3.

Exactly right. I'm going into the game blind for once, so I don't want any spoilers. Also so glad I live in NY. Got V3 today since the gamestore I know gets the game a week early. Currently doing the Prologue right now.

Happy Maria

One For All wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:

Exactly right. I'm going into the game blind for once, so I don't want any spoilers. Also so glad I live in NY. Got V3 today since the gamestore I know gets the game a week early. Currently doing the Prologue right now.

Lucky you! I'm going to have to wait for quite a while to get my hands on it :(

Anyway, about the v3 reviews

Spoiler: General review spoilers
After reading all the reviews, one thing I've noticed is that they all seem to think that the ending will be controversial. I think I know why, but spoilers.

Also a few reviews mentioned a lot of the gameplay sucks which is definitely understandable. I feel the same from the demo.

Socot wrote:
One For All wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:

Lucky you! I'm going to have to wait for quite a while to get my hands on it :(

]

I know. I get all the DR games early from that store. They always have a knack for getting the games a week earlier than release. Its a pretty good game store.

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

I have yet to see anything for the new one so I could just enjoy the game once I play it and not know what's going to happen. :edgey:

Wow, you've been getting a lot of games lately. Did you get a job or something?
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

I just finished up the class trial for ch 1, and holy shit. DR outdid themselves in that plot twist. I didn't see it coming to the very end.

Spoiler: DRV3 Ch 1 ending
Can't believe in the end Kaede was the killer all along, forcing you to now switch main protagonists. Its a pretty good twist. There goes my ship of Kaede, and Shuichi :viola:

One For All wrote:
I just finished up the class trial for ch 1, and holy shit. DR outdid themselves in that plot twist. I didn't see it coming to the very end.

Spoiler: Ch1
tbh, I already know who the culprit is the moment they show the murder weapon, mainly due to how the culprit's the only person who's shown to ever have seen it. Certainly doesn't help that everyone in the community pact on the theory of that character dying early.

Spoiler: Chapter 1 Killer
Tbh, selecting the killer this chapter was the only time I resorted to cycling through every character until I got to Kaede. Even then, I considered skipping her, but hit circle just to be sure… and was super confused to why the game moved me forward. I did know 'the only who could have set the flash' was Kaede, but discounted it cos I didn't think the protagonist could be a killer. So I regrettably selected Iruma, then Ouma (since I don't like him), then Saihara, then everyone else. First they kill the 'main heroine', then a returning veteran, now the protagonist. I guess DR always has to break the rules chapter 1.

I appreciate the twist, but I don't really like Saihara as a protagonist:/ We suddenly got stuck with him, and it felt like having someone else's hand sown on you. Not that I was too fond of Kaede, but being with her since the prologue did establish a connection I could never get with Saihara.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: DR1 (tagging in case)
Everyone talks about how escape is impossible and they aren't aware of the passage of time because the windows are barricaded, but what about the massive window in the dining hall?Image

Happy Maria

MBr wrote:
Spoiler: DR1 (tagging in case)
Everyone talks about how escape is impossible and they aren't aware of the passage of time because the windows are barricaded, but what about the massive window in the dining hall?Image

Spoiler:
That's just a curtain. If you look at I think from the right angle, you'll see that it's fake. It's pretty misleading to the player, but the characters would definitely notice it.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

It looks like there's a concrete wall behind the trees if I look closer, so if it was real it wouldn't actually be outside.
Page 45 of 48 [ 1897 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station