Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 27 of 48[ 1897 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 48  Next

Re: Dangan-RonpaTopic%20Title

No, but honestly. What exactly did the anime cut out of the story that is only (better) explained in the game? There isn't much to the story that is difficult to understand - except WHAT exactly the World Crisis is, why it happened, and why it affected the whole world. That is actually an important question, but it wasn't answered in game or anime. (DR2 answered it, kinda, alongside DR Zero but... yeah, I personally see no reason why that affected the whole world... Plus... I HATE it when IMPORTANT information for a game is stuck in a damn book. You don't do that.)

C-A

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I would say it's worth playing the game anyway just because the pacing is better, and there's a lot of good points that were cut out of the anime for time constraints (like the bad ending, for instance).

Besides, no matter how faithful an adaptation is, it's always nice to see something in its original format.

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:
No, but honestly. What exactly did the anime cut out of the story that is only (better) explained in the game? There isn't much to the story that is difficult to understand - except WHAT exactly the World Crisis is, why it happened, and why it affected the whole world. That is actually an important question, but it wasn't answered in game or anime. (DR2 answered it, kinda, alongside DR Zero but... yeah, I personally see no reason why that affected the whole world... Plus... I HATE it when IMPORTANT information for a game is stuck in a damn book. You don't do that.)

C-A

I only watched the first three episodes, and they basically glossed over the investigation and then left out a fair share of details while going over the crime. And considering those were the first two cases, and they only get more complicated... Yeah, I have to imagine the game is a lot better than the anime.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

The cases are not that complicated, even the later ones. Particularly Case 4 was figure-out-able before even "properly" seeing the body. Even skipping majority of the investigations, it doesn't take a genius to figure things out.

C-A

Blah!

Bad Player wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

I only watched the first three episodes, and they basically glossed over the investigation and then left out a fair share of details while going over the crime. And considering those were the first two cases, and they only get more complicated... Yeah, I have to imagine the game is a lot better than the anime.

One plot thing that I can immediately recall that was entirely glossed over in the anime was actually kind of important.

Spoiler: DR1 Chapter 1
The anime concluded that Leon killed out of self-defense. HOWEVER, the game came to the same conclusion, and then turned it completely around by saying that it wasn't in self-defense at all. Leon ran back to his room to get his toolkit in order to break in to the bathroom and murder Maizono. He could have just walked away and tell everyone that she attempted to murder him or something, but instead it was a matter of revenge.

So yeah... the anime missed a really important part of the plot/Leon's characterization there.

You might have come to that conclusion yourself if you really thought about it (I think they said Leon went back to his room in the anime, but even if they didn't, he still used his toolkit instead of walking away), but the anime is too quick for you to ponder that before getting distracted by the execution.

I think the anime was paced a bit too fast as well, since they compressed it down to only 12 episodes. That kind of made some culprits much easier to guess.

The greatest problem I recall having with it: there were times were the anime would go for over a minute without music. During a trial. A part in the game where there is more or less constant music to keep the momentum going. What were they thinking?

Hmmm... well I personally began to get sick of the music pretty fast, so it didn't bother me that much. My ears began to hurt from the investigation music after a while.

Spoiler: That thing you mentioned
Yeah, sure, that is kind of a "big" thing but... well A LOT of people think that they continue to act in self-defense, when they clearly have left self-defense territory behind them pretty long ago. So perhaps we can say the anime is more realistic in that it makes them appear "dumber" since most people do not know the exact conditions when self-defense stops and premeditation begins.

C-A

迷探偵

I just realized I played almost all of the games written by scenario-writer Kodaka Kazutaka. I knew that besides the three Danganronpa games, he also did Detective Conan & Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo (DS), which was quite a good game, if a bit easy, but I never knew until just now he also did some of the mobile phone games of the Tantei Jinguuji Saburou (Jake Hunter) series! In fact, some of the best of the mobile phone subseries were written by him apparently.

I got one of his Tantei Jinguuji Saburou novels a few days back and while I've only begun, it's at least written better (as in structure and language) than Dangaronpa/Zero (which was quite bad).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

I've felt worse.

blahmoomoo wrote:
Spoiler: DR1 Chapter 1
The anime concluded that Leon killed out of self-defense. HOWEVER, the game came to the same conclusion, and then turned it completely around by saying that it wasn't in self-defense at all. Leon ran back to his room to get his toolkit in order to break in to the bathroom and murder Maizono. He could have just walked away and tell everyone that she attempted to murder him or something, but instead it was a matter of revenge.

So yeah... the anime missed a really important part of the plot/Leon's characterization there.

You might have come to that conclusion yourself if you really thought about it (I think they said Leon went back to his room in the anime, but even if they didn't, he still used his toolkit instead of walking away), but the anime is too quick for you to ponder that before getting distracted by the execution.
CatMuto wrote:
Spoiler: That thing you mentioned
Yeah, sure, that is kind of a "big" thing but... well A LOT of people think that they continue to act in self-defense, when they clearly have left self-defense territory behind them pretty long ago. So perhaps we can say the anime is more realistic in that it makes them appear "dumber" since most people do not know the exact conditions when self-defense stops and premeditation begins.

C-A

Spoiler: Well...
Wasn't it Kirigiri who pointed out that Leon didn't act in self-defense? She's a detective, she would know the exact conditions of self-defense. Yeah, there was the whole amnesia thing, but it doesn't take a genius to reason it out.

Also want to point out that in the anime, Kirigiri directly accused Naegi during Chapter 5's trial, when in the game, she only kept the possibility open so she wasn't the sole suspect. I found that rather damaging to whatever character she had.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

From what I recall, in the game, it was Celestia who pointed that part out to Leon... I could be wrong, but I somehow have this memory of her leaning-forward-wide-eyes sprite when thinking of those lines.

As for Trial 5, most I remember is the stupid twist of the Bad Ending - and that GAUDY decoration! Oh god, my eyes burn just thinking about it!

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
From what I recall, in the game, it was Celestia who pointed that part out to Leon... I could be wrong, but I somehow have this memory of her leaning-forward-wide-eyes sprite when thinking of those lines.

You're right, it was Celes, which actually makes it weirder that the anime chose not to include it.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

You're right, it was Celes, which actually makes it weirder that the anime chose not to include it.

Whats weird is that why cut it out in the first place. Her speech wasn't even that long to actually need to cut it out due to the time frame of the episodes.

I've felt worse.

Accurate depiction of Danganronpa Trial 3 (spoilers)

sumguy28 wrote:

Ah I remember subscribing to that channel haha

One thing I didn't like in DR2 was that they left out what each student did to earn themselves the title SHSL Despair.

Spoiler: DR2 Despair remnants
only person they did explain was with Sonia that she killed her parents for Junko and Fuyuhiko removed his eye for Junko. One theory during class trial 6 is that the person who starved themselves for Junko is Akane

Hijikata Tōshirō wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

Ah I remember subscribing to that channel haha

One thing I didn't like in DR2 was that they left out what each student did to earn themselves the title SHSL Despair.

Spoiler: DR2 Despair remnants
only person they did explain was with Sonia that she killed her parents for Junko and Fuyuhiko removed his eye for Junko. One theory during class trial 6 is that the person who starved themselves for Junko is Akane

I believe there are theories by fans that make so much sense that it is likely canon of...

Spoiler: DR2 Spoilers
Hanamura being the one who sold/gave his mother to The Despair for experimentation (likely making his desire to find out about his mother probably more intended to be sad)

I was also gonna mention something about Tsumiki, but I think that was more "what did she get" and not "what she likely did"...

C-A

*Throws wads of money at the screen* Must get this if it every gets localized for the IOS

Blah!

Hijikata Tōshirō wrote:
*Throws wads of money at the screen* Must get this if it every gets localized for the IOS

I wonder if it will have any actual plot relevance (like P4: Dancing All Night will, or at least it sounds like it will) or if it's just gameplay.

blahmoomoo wrote:
Hijikata Tōshirō wrote:

I wonder if it will have any actual plot relevance (like P4: Dancing All Night will, or at least it sounds like it will) or if it's just gameplay.

Its probably just for gameplay but it still something fun to play say for example on train or bus rides.

If anyone is interested, I found a tumblr page that translate the gag comics for Danganronpa 2

You should probably stop using every single spoilery image of Komaeda that exists as your avatars and signatures.

Like, seriously.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
You should probably stop using every single spoilery image of Komaeda that exists as your avatars and signatures.

Like, seriously.

Meh its been long enough for people to already have gotten the chance to play it

On another note my theory on this image

Spoiler: DR2 Ch 6

The person on the left panel shooting the civilians is what I believe Souda for a simple reason and that is the beanie.The upper middle panel is about Sonia killing her parents which was why she became the ultimate despair. The bottom middle panel is Gundam trying to have sex with Junko's body because he is the ultimate breeder which is why he did it in order to breed her children. The right upper panel is Akane because since she has an obsession with food she could have sacrificed it and starved all for the sake of Junko. And ofcourse the bottom right panel is Fuyuhiko because the reason why he lost is eye in the VR world is because its a mirror image of him losing his eye in the real world and replacing it with Junko's eye

Last edited by Church Of Sumire on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No it hasn't. DR2 hasn't even been out in English for half a year.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
No it hasn't. DR2 hasn't even been out in English for half a year.

It be a difference if the english release wasn't out yet but its still been plenty of time. Also why would you care if you already beat the game. Are you just starting just to have an arguement? :yogi:

Hijikata Tōshirō wrote:

The person on the left panel shooting the civilians is what I believe Souda for a simple reason and that is the beanie.The upper middle panel is about Sonia killing her parents which was why she became the ultimate despair. The bottom middle panel is Gundam trying to have sex with Junko's body because he is the ultimate breeder which is why he did it in order to breed her children. The right upper panel is Akane because since she has an obsession with food she could have sacrificed it and starved all for the sake of Junko. And ofcourse the bottom right panel is Fuyuhiko because the reason why he lost is eye in the VR world is because its a mirror image of him losing his eye in the real world and replacing it with Junko's eye

...is that your only reason for thinking this?

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Hijikata Tōshirō wrote:

C-A

If your talking about the theory with Gundam then yes because I realized it couldn't be Mikan

Hijikata Tōshirō wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Hijikata Tōshirō wrote:

C-A

If your talking about the theory with Gundam then yes because I realized it couldn't be Mikan

Spoiler: DR2 Spoiler
I dunno, seems like a pretty weak theory based on nothing other than his title... also, couldn't it be an image of Mikan having implanted Junko's ova into herself? She's insane enough to think that it makes her "pregnant with her child".

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Hijikata Tōshirō wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

I dunno, seems like a pretty weak theory based on nothing other than his title... also, couldn't it be an image of Mikan having implanted Junko's ova into herself? She's insane enough to think that it makes her "pregnant with her child".

C-A

Spoiler: DR2
Well that theory doesn't work either because it was stated that the person in that panel were trying to have sex with Junko's dead body so it makes no sense that it would be Mikan the one they were having sex with

About a year ago, I visited a friend's place. That friend had another guest over at the time. For reasons I can't recall, our discussion turned to RPGs. Eventually the topic shifted to The Answer from Persona 3 FES, which I've yet to complete. This other guest asked if I wanted to know how the game ended, to which I clearly stated no, I'd find out on my own. He immediately went on to tell me about the ending as if I'd said yes.

There used to be this amusing little online card game called Sword Girls. I guess it's still going on in Japan or Korea or wherever it originated, but the English version of the game has been discontinued for some time. The English version released right around the time this anime series called Puella Magi Madoka Magica started picking up popularity in the States. I hadn't seen it yet but was certainly interested enough to check into it. Unfortunately, I lacked a good enough internet connection at the time to watch it online and preferred to wait until I could afford the DVDs anyway. This, of course, didn't matter at all to the people who used the chat function in Sword Girls to make jokes about the first major event that took place in that series. Those who've seen Madoka probably know what I'm talking about; for those who haven't, I won't say what it was here.

Way back in, oh, I'm not entirely sure, late '97, early '98 maybe? Anyway, my brother and I had just gotten a PlayStation and, being Final Fantasy fans since the original game on the NES, one of the first games (if not the first) we played on the new system was Final Fantasy VII. One of my brother's friends was over at the time to watch us play. After a short time, we reached the part in the game where Aeris joined the group, at which point my brother's friend was kind enough to advise us not to invest in her too much since she dies halfway through the game.

In case my point hasn't been made clear enough yet, I know all too well how it feels to look forward to a show, movie, game, what have you, only to have someone carelessly ruin the story or important plot points for you. I also know that, just because someone is a fan of something, that doesn't mean they're able to watch or play what they want as soon as it's released. Work, family issues, money problems, and any number of other obligations take precedence over entertainment. And believe it or not, I understand why most people who post or discuss spoilers do so, but being overzealous about something they like ends up hurting newcomers' first experiences.

Another personal story: My first experience with Higurashi was when it was printed in Yen Plus (basically Yen Press' version of Shonen Jump). I knew nothing about the series beforehand whatsoever.
Spoiler: Early spoilers
At first I thought it would be sort of a cutesy slice-of-life story in the countryside. Then the photographer Tomitake shows up and all of a sudden starts talking to Keiichi about dismembered corpses. I don't think I would have enjoyed the series nearly as much if I'd known going in that it would turn out to be a horror/mystery series.

I'm sure not everyone feels the same way I do, but I know a lot of people DO. For those who don't, they're free to look up information on something and spoil themselves as much as they want. For those that do, it's not right that they lose out by having unwanted spoilers casually tossed into their faces.

Hijikata Tōshirō wrote:
Well that theory doesn't work either because it was stated that the person in that panel were trying to have sex with Junko's dead body so it makes no sense that it would be Mikan the one they were having sex with

Um, strap ons? Or maybe Mikan is a hermaphrodite. Women CAN "have sex" with other women, though it can also include no penetration. Plus, wasn't Junko's body FLATTENED? That part never made sense to me about anything, like how they can in any way put parts of Junko's body into their own.

Quote:
The Answer from Persona 3 FES, which I've yet to complete. This other guest asked if I wanted to know how the game ended, to which I clearly stated no, I'd find out on my own. He immediately went on to tell me about the ending as if I'd said yes.

Granted, the game is old and the ending of P3 is one that is so... well, I can't quite say well-known, but it's getting to the point that it's common knowledge in gaming. Like Aerith dying. You don't have to play the game to know what happens, you just kinda know what happens. (Like how I knew that in AJ, you had to look at a guy's sweaty armpits... I didn't know WHO they were talking about, but I eventually realized where I had to check)

Quote:
One of my brother's friends was over at the time to watch us play. After a short time, we reached the part in the game where Aeris joined the group, at which point my brother's friend was kind enough to advise us not to invest in her too much since she dies halfway through the game.

Well, really, he could say the same about practically ANY character in Final Fantasy games, considering a character dying is so common place, it makes you feel like you shouldn't care about any of them. I think FF II and IV were the ones who went the most overboard of on the question "Which party member can we kill off, permanently or temporarily, today?"
Plus... THE GAME doesn't take a whole lot of time to make you care about Aerith, anyway, so it doesn't matter much.

And I do have to say one thing about spoilers people stumble upon: They always lack Context!
As above, I knew the "spoiler" of where to check for a nervous tick, but I didn't know which character to use it on, because overall I figured out easily enough where the nervous ticks were. When I was stuck on one, I remembered the "spoiler" and checked, bam, I was done. Another example, one of my mine, is I watched the awesome Princess Tutu AMV "Hall Om Mig". The video contains multiple spoilers about the series as it contains scenes of not just the first arc, but also the second arc of the series, where things are much darker. Did I watch the video? Yes. Did I know I was seeing spoilers? Well, maybe, not really. Did I make up my own context about these scenes? Yes. Was I ultimately proved wrong when I watched the series and finally got context to the scenes I had previously seen? Most definitely.

So while I do understand the annoyance of spoilers - I tried my best to avoid them when I read Half Prince (and, boy, did the final chapter kind of... disappoint me, along with its dumb "sequel") - I also will defend that reading a spoiler does not automatically give you the right context.

Take the Aerith example. So you are told that she dies. Well... this brings up questions, of course! How does she die? When does she die? Is it tragic? Is it done heroically? Is there a reason for her dying? Who kills her, if she is murdered? Knowing that she dies doesn't automatically tell you the answer to those questions as well, you just know, Okay, well , she is going to die. Even if you are told "dies halfway through the game", well you have a total of 3 Discs to play through in VII, so you know that it won't be too early.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Hijikata Tōshirō wrote:

Um, strap ons? Or maybe Mikan is a hermaphrodite. Women CAN "have sex" with other women, though it can also include no penetration. Plus, wasn't Junko's body FLATTENED? That part never made sense to me about anything, like how they can in any way put parts of Junko's body into their own.

It's also obvious its not Mikan because of the outline of the figure as you can tell its not a woman's silhouette but more of a male's silhouette. Well its pretty much that somebody was having sex with Junko flattened body so pretty much just imagine them having sex with chunks of flesh and body parts :yogi:

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Spoiler:
Plus, wasn't Junko's body FLATTENED? That part never made sense to me about anything, like how they can in any way put parts of Junko's body into their own.

Spoiler:
Only after it was hit by 1000 softballs, subjected to the ball that turns people into butter (no questions!), burned, hit by a firetruck, pulverized by a bulldozer, and sent into space. Now are we sure flattened was the cause of death, or just a depiction dreamed up by someone on LSD?

Hijikata Tōshirō wrote:
It's also obvious its not Mikan because of the outline of the figure as you can tell its not a woman's silhouette but more of a male's silhouette. Well its pretty much that somebody was having sex with Junko flattened body so pretty much just imagine them having sex with chunks of flesh and body parts :yogi:

Considering that, overall, in order to avoid showing any kind of hint as to who the person really is, (murder) mysteries often result to the androgynous-lanky-body-of-gray/black-with-hinted-features (Detective Conan breathes this trope with the murderers and DR does it, too, in the Climax sections) so I will debunk that the silly, no-hinting-at-anything "puppets" used in the screenshots actually indicate either gender.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Hijikata Tōshirō wrote:

Considering that, overall, in order to avoid showing any kind of hint as to who the person really is, (murder) mysteries often result to the androgynous-lanky-body-of-gray/black-with-hinted-features (Detective Conan breathes this trope with the murderers and DR does it, too, in the Climax sections) so I will debunk that the silly, no-hinting-at-anything "puppets" used in the screenshots actually indicate either gender.

C-A

Well from what I noticed there are differences between the silhouettes of the male and female ranging from the chest difference and the facial features.

Also how could Mikan try to have Junko's baby if she's fucking her with a strap-on xD

Hijikata Tōshirō wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Hijikata Tōshirō wrote:

C-A

Well from what I noticed there are differences between the silhouettes of the male and female ranging from the chest difference and the facial features.

Also how could Mikan try to have Junko's baby if she's fucking her with a strap-on xD

Wait, are you honestly asking of understandable logic from those deranged people of the Ultimate Despair? :ron:

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Hijikata Tōshirō wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Wait, are you honestly asking of understandable logic from those deranged people of the Ultimate Despair? :ron:

C-A

Well if there goal was to do that then i'm sure they would at least be smart enough to do it right xD

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Just gonna put this out there... everyone ends up spoiling things for themselves. Whether it's a slip of the tongue by a friend, coworker, family member etc or simply looking a character. If you look up 'Nagito Komaeda' you'll see all the images having to do with him. Oops, you spoiled some things.
It's not hard to spoil things nowadays.
But when it comes to SDR2, it has died down. (Even if it's been a little over 3 months.)
When I posted a Kill la Kill avatar, it was seen as a spoiler. I posted it again as an avatar 2 months later and no one cared about it.
You're bound to walk into a spoiler anywhere. Doesn't change the outcome of the series because you don't know when it's coming. You just know what a 2-second part looks like. You just gotta deal with it.
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

I hope you realize the difference between being dumb enough to Google information on characters and stories you haven't finished, and being unfortunate enough to browse unrelated forums and topics only to run into people posting spoilerific pictures and discussions without tags.

but w/e I guess I'll "deal with it" by utilizing the block feature I forgot CR has :yogi:

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
I hope you realize the difference between being dumb enough to Google information on characters and stories you haven't finished, and being unfortunate enough to browse unrelated forums and topics only to run into people posting spoilerific pictures and discussions without tags.

but w/e I guess I'll "deal with it" by utilizing the block feature I forgot CR has :yogi:

I keep my spoilers on tags so I see no problem with that and also like I mentioned before you played the game already so why do you care at all. :yogi:

I saw you lurk this thread a lot. I guess you were thinking really hard to respond to me. ^__^

Anyway, you'd be surprised by how many people search the characters regardless if they finished something or not. I just find it funny how you're the only person I've seen complain about it and you already finished it.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
I'll "deal with it" by utilizing the block feature I forgot CR has :yogi:

Yeah, you do that. That's the only logical sentence in your post.

Actually I was debating long and hard as to whether your post was even worth a response. Looks like I goofed.

Bye now.

And apparently it was. So, thanks~
^__^
Page 27 of 48 [ 1897 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 48  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station