Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 46 of 48[ 1897 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Re: Dangan-RonpaTopic%20Title

Blah!

MBr wrote:
It looks like there's a concrete wall behind the trees if I look closer, so if it was real it wouldn't actually be outside.

It could be interpreted as a building-locked courtyard though, which would break the feeling of not knowing what's going on outside. Then again, it could be domed off with artificial lighting if that were the case. Someone would just have to mention that if it was a courtyard.

Happy Maria

Out of curiosity, to the two people who got the game early, how is it in comparison to the other games? Is the gameplay any better? Do the mysteries make more sense? Are the characters likeable?

I haven't played the game myself but from reading the story back when it was first released I can tell it is way better than the first 2 story-wise. And most people seem to agree the mysteries and characters are better. Gameplay and the ending is where most people are mixed it seems.
Signature loading, please wait...

The imagination justifies the pimp

Socot wrote:
Out of curiosity, to the two people who got the game early, how is it in comparison to the other games? Is the gameplay any better? Do the mysteries make more sense? Are the characters likeable?

In terms of characters, I will say that this game has a more competent cast than the previous games, specifically when it comes to the trials. There's definitely fewer annoyance factor to deal with towards the tradition of one character having to do everything for everyone (Kyoko, Chiaki, etc.) just because the others aren't smart enough to contribute or stuff like that.

There are 3 characters I don't like in the game, but that's not saying much when I enjoy a big chunk of them.

wow

needs a patch to fix text and apparently to fix a potential freeze

no (easy?) way to switch to Japanese voices

needs a 1486 MB patch on Vita's already very limited memory space to make the voices not be shit

10/10 work so far nisa

Happy Maria

Dubs>subs

Also wow it's out huh? Think I'm going to pull an all nighter playing through this as much as I can.

Blah!

It feels like Japanese-developed games that aren't made with the intention of wide release (like Pokemon) tend to be built in engines with no multiple language support, so that ends up needing to be hacked in by the localizers. That's probably why games like Danganronpa and Persona 5 can't switch on the fly, although at least Persona 5 makes it a bit easier by making it an option on the load screen.

Spoiler: V3-1
I enjoyed that quite a bit. I already loved Clair de Lune and now...

Kaede was my favorite character, so that sucks. I kind of expected she'd be a killer, but I was thinking that'd be Chapter 5 or something. Very cool that the devs bothered to give her FTEs still

However, with that thought in my mind, I guessed that she'd be the killer in this case as soon as she started messing with the bookshelves. It was just so...weird. So I paid close attention to the CG where she was setting the camera and saw a suspiciously open book right above. Everything kind of confirms itself after that from her inner monologue to the body discovery to the pictures that had the flash on made it so that could only be the truth

Still pretty emotional, and a really brutal execution. Probably my favorite cases besides DR2-2. I didn't like how the trial was just sweeping away at incorrect red herrings to pad the time, though. It's not even a case of "we have to eliminate all these possibilities before suspecting the true killer", it's "if we just happened to start discussing a different clue (asking Iruma for the floor plan), we wouldn't have even needed to go through those red herrings"

A bit upset because Saihara was actually my least favorite character up until this point so I can't exactly say this is an upgrade at the moment, but I'm fine with giving him a chance

As for the rest of the cast, not really feeling it so far. Tenko isn't quite what I expected. I do like Himiko and Hoshi at least, and I don't think any of the characters at this point are necessarily guaranteed to lean negative by the end of the game. I also do like how expressive they all are, all of them have some really funny ones or really ugly ones

I enjoy the Monokubs more than I thought. They're differently more of a pace-breaker and less enjoyable than Monomi, but they're amusing. Monokuma is kind of eh this time around

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
no (easy?) way to switch to Japanese voices

needs a 1486 MB patch on Vita's already very limited memory space to make the voices not be shit

Okay so uh, after downloading it I've discovered the big patch actually IS the Japanese audio

Problem is it's not called that and it doesn't mention Japanese audio in its description anywhere

PlayStation Store wrote:
Danganronpa V3 - HQ Audio Pack (Add-On)

This will improve the audio quality of the character voices.

That's literally all it says other than the usual TOS stuff

...way to rip on your own dub? :yogi:

Blah!

Strangely, on the PC version, the Japanese voices are the first option when you get the prompt to choose the dub when starting a new game. Dunno why, the English dub is fine.

Happy Maria

Finished the prologue

Thoughts below

Spoiler: Prologue
'Team Danganronpa' huh? Has Spike Chunsoft established a new codivision for just DR games now? It was nice seeing their games one by one but I'm distressed by the appearance of the DR3 anime. Just for clarification is there any spoiler for the anime here?

Also wow this isn't suspicious at all that the characters are dressed normally and think they aren't Ultimates hmmmmmm
Yeah you know where I'm going with this. Goddamn Monokubs brainwashed them to think they have talents but they really don't. Maybe that's what Rantaro's talent is.

Anyway like Monokuma said, this prologue just goes on for too long. You just look around the school trying to find fourteen other students for two hours. Hell I felt that even DR1's prologue was a tad long but the newer games want to multiply that length. Just keep it short and simple like in the demo, please.

Also this time around I'm keeping a fanservice counter for this game. I'll be updating it when something even remotely sexual is said or done. Innuendos and euphemisms are a bit of a grey area but I'll add them only if they're heavily implied to be one (so basically anything that comes out of Iruma's goddamn mouth). Currently it's at 16. Will probably double by the next chapter.

Anyway time to play Chapter 1. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Happy Maria

Double post but I really want to talk about Chapter 1
Spoiler: V3 Ch1
HOLY CRAP THAT WAS A GOOD TWIST
I am a little annoyed by the fact that they had to conceal some stuff in order to make it work (like Kaede's actions and the floor plans) but that was still a good twist

TBH I honestly didn't figure it out until Shuichi pointed out the flash

Though I still think there's more to the case still. It's weird that Rantaro even went to the library and it's not made clear what his plan was. Also if there's no mastermind, why did the dust fall to the floor? Who used the door beforehand?

Investigation was fun, although Despair Searching is my least favourite Investigation theme to date. Can only hope that the rock version (Hope Searching?) will be better. Trial was also good with interesting gameplay mechanics (better than the ones shown in the demo). Hangman's Gambit is back but easier. I feel it should just be removed at this point because it's clear that the devs have no good way of using it. Closing Argument is also much easier.

FS Counter: 51

Anyway starting Chapter 2 and I'm thinking most likely to die currently is Ryoma. Possible survivors may be Shuichi, Kirumi, K1-B0, Kokichi, Maki and Himiko.

I gotta say V3 is doing a bang up job when it comes to the class trials and murder plot. Especially certain chapters like ch 5. The twist at the end left me shocked and the emotional ending to the trial really got to me. On the last chapter now so no spoilers there.

Spoiler: V3 Ch 5
The big reveal that Junko is still alive shocked me hard. How the hell did she survive being crushed.
Part of me feels like maybe once more they are in some sort of virtual world which would explain how she is still alive.

Happy Maria

You're already at chapter 5?!
Well, I just finished chapter 2 so yeah
Thoughts below
Spoiler: V3 Chapter 2+Theories I guess
Um...wow. That was a lot of twists.
Kirumi especially. I'm a bit sad that she's gone but wow that story about her being PM is absolutely ludicrous. Ties into my virtual world theory.
She was a pretty good criminal though. Nearly spotless at that. Though I'm pretty sure that even with gloves you'd still get a mild burn. I thought black clothes/accessories absorb heat which is weird.

Um, yeah. Anyway. I found it pretty amusing how Monosuke was killed by Monodam too in that gory execution. Best character by far.

My opinions on Gonta and Himiko have fallen. Gonta is easily manipulated and Himiko sticks to her tricks being """"magic""" even with lives on the line. Kokichi too, damn brat. Wanting just pure chaos. Ugh, I haaaaate people like that.

And it's also cool that Maki is the Ultimate Assassin. Explains why she didn't let anyone into her room and also her design.

I seriously thought that Kaito did it at first but apparently not. Cool beans.

FS Counter: 93
Blame Miu

Anyway, I'll play chapter 3 tomorrow. Can't wait for the inevitable murder. Whoop whoop.

Last edited by Southern Corn on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Socot wrote:
You're already at chapter 5?!
Well, I just finished chapter 2 so yeah
Thoughts below
Spoiler: V3 Chapter 2
Um...wow. That was a lot of twists.
Kirumi especially. I'm a bit sad that she's gone but wow that story about her being PM is absolutely ludicrous. Ties into my virtual world theory.
She was a pretty good criminal though. Nearly spotless at that. Though I'm pretty sure that even with gloves you'd still get a mild burn. I thought black clothes/accessories absorb heat which is weird.

Um, yeah. Anyway. I found it pretty amusing how Monosuke was killed by Monodam too in that gory execution. Best character by far.

My opinions on Gonta and Himiko have fallen. Gonta is easily manipulated and Himiko sticks to her tricks being """"magic""" even with lives on the line. Kokichi too, damn brat. Wanting just pure chaos. Ugh, I haaaaate people like that.

And it's also cool that Maki is the Ultimate Assassin. Explains why she didn't let anyone into her room and also her design.

I seriously thought that Kaito did it at first but apparently not. Cool beans.

FS Counter: 93
Blame Miu

Anyway, I'll play chapter 3 tomorrow. Can't wait for the inevitable murder. Whoop whoop.

Well i beat ch 5 already. Its because I had the game a week earlier than release. Special game store i go to for my DR games

FYI: You have some stuff in the spoilers that isnt part of ch 2. Might want to take it out.

Spoiler: V3 Chapter 2 and Speculation
This chapter took a lot of wind out of my sails

I really don't like Saihara so far. It really does feel like a much duller (undeniably different at the very least) experience without Kaede as the MC. The twist would've stung less if we switched to someone like Ki-bo. Or switch from Saihara to Kaede. Or switch from Kaede to almost anyone but Saihara. I am trying to give him a chance and I promise it's not just because I liked Kaede, but I just didn't like him in the first place and hate how much more standard this game feels now

I also really don't get the point of the lie mechanic. Saihara said he needed to face the truth head on and whether or not Maki was telling the truth is a huge point in the case. The fact that you can just lie and confirm Maki's innocence is...just strange

It was also way too obvious Kirumi would be the killer, even before someone died (by the way, way too much process of elimination can be done for the victims and killers based on what research labs have been revealed). She was pushed into the mom role so fast...this twist would've worked way better in a Chapter 4 when given time to flesh out her relationship with group. Not only was it way too obvious, she deserved to get caught. She left so much evidence behind and if she put one more hour into her crime planning (it was nighttime after all) she would've been home free. Why not get a pole for the inner tube? How the hell did you even drop it into the pool? Why the fuck did you throw the rope in the gym?!?! From someone as professional as Kirumi she was way too careless. Worst performance by a killer since the late 11037 and Celeste

Despite that, I liked how Kirumi was pretty manipulative all along. Definitely made her more interesting in the end than the standard sympathetic "I needed to escape here because sad backstory, and I was willing to kill *all of you*." She really didn't give up until the end (liked her Kaede namedrop) and I did feel for her when she died

Having said that, the "waaaah, we should've died instead of Kirumi" from most of the class before Kaito told them to shut the fuck up was completely absurd

Also I think Tsumugi is the mastermind because I am honestly shocked that she's lived this long already. If she weren't the killer or victim in the first two chapters, when the hell are they gonna do it? Why did they waste a character slot on her? (I'll admit I like some of the references though, and the localization actually has one for SOJ). If it's not Tsumugi, then Angie because I have similar feelings for her as well, despite liking her a little bit

My favorites now are uh...Tenko and Kaito. I especially like how expressive Tenko's sprite set is (I actually will give that as a big compliment to the game, the cast is definitely a lot more immediately likable with these varied sprite sets--which also makes it really suspicious and creepy that all of Angie's so far have been happy). The only character I hate is Oumaand maybe Saihara

Spoiler: V3-3
Haven't finished the chapter but it at least seems a step up from the previous one. I really hate Angie, but in a good way. I'm thinking she might become a killer and just force a vote immediately from her student council, getting the majority

Also Love Suite...just wow

Spoiler: Speculation/F1
I think Rantaro is going to be the Ultimate Survivalist...because BP is cheeky like that. And if he does get revived, it would make sense with what the current theory the characters have that the person they resurrect isn't dead at all

The imagination justifies the pimp

JesusMonroe wrote:
Spoiler: V3 Chapter 2 and Speculation
It was also way too obvious Kirumi would be the killer, even before someone died (by the way, way too much process of elimination can be done for the victims and killers based on what research labs have been revealed). She was pushed into the mom role so fast...this twist would've worked way better in a Chapter 4 when given time to flesh out her relationship with group.

Spoiler: Response
Yeah, I wish that was handled a lot better. It feels kind of wasteful to build up a character so forcefully like that, especially since I really like her.

JesusMonroe wrote:
Spoiler:
Having said that, the "waaaah, we should've died instead of Kirumi" from most of the class before Kaito told them to shut the fuck up was completely absurd

It's absurd, yes, but I really love that moment because of how it plays to the life manipulation ideal.

JesusMonroe wrote:
Spoiler:
Also I think Tsumugi is the mastermind because I am honestly shocked that she's lived this long already. If she weren't the killer or victim in the first two chapters, when the hell are they gonna do it? Why did they waste a character slot on her?

I can attest with that last sentence. Around this part, she's the only character I especially don't like. She takes out too much screentime for a character who offers next to nothing of value.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Bolting Shaman wrote:
Socot wrote:
Btw is it just me or is Akane voiced by Wendee Lee?

Yes, Artina Kikes is at it again.

Hmm...
Strong
Love food
No common sense
Sensitive hearing
Southern Corn wrote:
One For All wrote:
But anyway, I finished watching that 11 hour long UDG video today so I guess I know all about the story of the game. AMA about the game if you'd like

Spoiler: Question about the ending
What...even happened? There was an hour long stalling about breaking the controller or not, but we don't even get to see what comes of it in the end. What happened to the brainwashed kids? Did they explode? The ending left a whole lotta stuff vague

Oh and I guess that was him in the ending sequence, right? That honestly confused me in SDR2 honestly. What was even his role other than to serve as a shocker?

Spoiler: SDR2 & UDG
I’m not sure wether you mean Izuru’s role in SDR2 or UDG. His appearance in UDG is to explain how he came obtained AI Junko, which was in Shirokuma and Kurokuma, because he was the one who uploaded AI Junko into the Neo World Program. In the flashback with Nagito, what Izuru is referring to in his pocket is AI Junko. He uploads AI Junko because he wants to test wether hope or despair is more unpredictable, though in that flashback with Nagito he says he can already predict what will happen.

Anyway, I’m on V3, and without spoiling anything, I’ll just say my favourite characters so far are Kaede, Miu, and Gonta.

JesusMonroe wrote:
I think Rantaro is going to be the Ultimate Survivalist...because BP is cheeky like that. And if he does get revived, it would make sense with what the current theory the characters have that the person they resurrect isn't dead at all

Spoiler:
Forgot to add to this but it's also highly suspicious Rantaro hasn't shown up in any of the pre-trial character images. Why? Would it be a lie if he was redded out?

Happy Maria

MBr wrote:
Bolting Shaman wrote:
Socot wrote:
Btw is it just me or is Akane voiced by Wendee Lee?

Yes, Artina Kikes is at it again.

Hmm...
Strong
Love food
No common sense
Sensitive hearing

She's coincidentally the VA of Miu in v3 as well actually.

Quote:
Southern Corn wrote:
But anyway, I finished watching that 11 hour long UDG video today so I guess I know all about the story of the game. AMA about the game if you'd like

Spoiler: Question about the ending
What...even happened? There was an hour long stalling about breaking the controller or not, but we don't even get to see what comes of it in the end. What happened to the brainwashed kids? Did they explode? The ending left a whole lotta stuff vague

Oh and I guess that was him in the ending sequence, right? That honestly confused me in SDR2 honestly. What was even his role other than to serve as a shocker?

Spoiler: SDR2 & UDG
I’m not sure wether you mean Izuru’s role in SDR2 or UDG. His appearance in UDG is to explain how he came obtained AI Junko, which was in Shirokuma and Kurokuma, because he was the one who uploaded AI Junko into the Neo World Program. In the flashback with Nagito, what Izuru is referring to in his pocket is AI Junko. He uploads AI Junko because he wants to test whether hope or despair is more unpredictable, though in that flashback with Nagito he says he can already predict what will happen.

In DR2
Spoiler: SDR2
I just don't get how he even managed to get to upload the virus to the NWP. Wasn't he imprisoned because he was a Remnant of Despair?

JesusMonroe wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

Spoiler:
Forgot to add to this but it's also highly suspicious Rantaro hasn't shown up in any of the pre-trial character images. Why? Would it be a lie if he was redded out?

Spoiler: Response (which you can read JM)
That also confused me tbh. I noticed it in chapter 2 during the sequence. Maybe he's the mastermind? It would explain some of his actions though.

Anyway thoughts on chapter 3 since I finished its trial.

Spoiler: v3 Chapter 3
I hated this chapter. For one, simple reason. The villain.

Korekiyo is an absolute idiot. He knows he could've just killed Angie and left to kill other people (as far as the player knows) but nooo, he had to kill Tenko 'because it was too good of a plan to be wasted'. So good that he still left more evidence behind. Seriously, if he stopped at Angie, no one would suspect him and he would be Scott free. Even without that though he LET HIMIKO CHOOSE THE ROOM THE SEANCE WAS GOING TO BE CONDUCTED IN. Meaning that he let Himiko chose the room above Angie's bloodstain, which most likely wouldn't have been found out if he went to the side rooms. Plus how did no one manage to notice that he was moving during the seance? He was singing along with them, so it would have been noticed that the direction of voice was changing as he moved towards Tenko.
Plus also incest out of nowhere because HURR DURR IT'S DARK AND MATURE FOR ADULTS

I'm really pissed off at him, because his stupid plan alone has made this chapter really bad. Thank goodness he got salted by his sister. So far my least favourite chapter this game. Which is a pity because I think it overall had a nice theme with the hints of eastern culture and such. Also MONODAM DIED BECAUSE OF YOUUUU MONOKUBS I WILL NOT FORGET THIS

The giant strong person is always the victim in chapter 4 so yeah Gonta's going to die by Iruma's hands or something

FS Counter: 131

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: DRV3 chapter 1
God damn, I didn’t see that coming. I had been spoiled on some things in this game, but the relevant ones were that Rantaro was the first to die, and that Kaede would also die. I never thought something as significant as the protagonist being the murderer would occur in chapter 1. Anything can happen in a Danganronpa game.

Blah!

Took me long enough to get here, though it was partly due to unforeseen delays in getting around to play it.

Spoiler: V3 chapter 1
Still, it took over 9 hours to get here???

Well, I certainly didn't see the ultimate twist coming because I was very focused on Shuichi being the culprit. Him being so candid was quite suspicious after a while.

I even saw the flash going off when they first showed the mastermind photos and immediately realized it was being used to lure Rantaro toward it. But at that point I figured Shuichi could have switched the flash on at some point (he already turned off the alarm for that camera once, after all), and maybe the blurry pictures were actually something he intentionally set off to throw off the fact that he sneaked in behind Rantaro (with the monocub switching around the order to throw off the timing).

The part where there is a cooldown period between taking pictures cemented this idea even further.

And when I was told to choose a culprit, I chose Kaede first because I figured she wanted the trial to move in this direction, not that she actually did it. I mean, it's kind of weird that she would have lied about being the culprit already, so maybe she was still desperately trying to take the blame off of Shuichi. Didn't realize until post-trial that this was all done to exhaust any further arguments that could lead to the supposed mastermind.

It was a good twist, but one that I'm not fully happy with. Just as with a certain other game with a similar kind of twist, they had to withhold information from the player, who is in control of and hearing the thoughts of the main character. It really didn't work at all in that other game, but here at least the holes in what we know could be perfectly filled in with actions that don't take too long (e.g. she didn't have to spend minutes rearranging a crime scene while we were supposed to be present).

It is also a bit disappointing that we don't have a main female protagonist in a main game after all, just one that acts like the main protagonist for a while. I can also see it being very difficult to share many silly things that can happen later in the game without major spoilers (like, silly lines that still make sense out of context. I guess some Monokuma-based ones might still be fine though).

V3-1 & V3-2

Spoiler:
Well, in regards to the plot twist for V3-1, I thought it was okay, but it strikes me as something that was done just for breaking the rules as Lone said instead of being a well thought out twist. I actually like Saihara quite a bit, and I like the relationship he has with Kaito, but Kaede would have been the far better protagonist so a part of me can't help but feel cheated. Maybe it's plot relevant somehow..? I mean, I don't know.

I got spoiled on Rantarou dying first so whatever, really. Not like that was a gamebreaking spoiler, since it was the most blatantly obvious thing to happen in the series. I'm more confident he'd have a relationship to the endgame than Kaede. We don't even know his talent yet. All the hot ones dying though bums me out. Makes me wanna fish Tumblr for some Saihara and Kaito. *cough*

The murder was okay too. It of course, felt odd, because of the protagonist switch halfway through. And the execution was bruuutal.

As for V3-2, I liked the chapter, but Kaito was spouting a ridiculous amount of death flags. I'm surprised he wasn't the victim or killer. He's definitely going to die though. No way can you form a bromance with someone in Danganronpa without dying. Though I guess Naegi had Kirigiri. Meh.

Danganronpa always has a habit of forcing roles and creating obvious victims and killers though. Ryoma's death was quite sad though, and so was Kirumi's.

There is something about V3 that is sort of strange to me though. The protagonist switch was one thing,
but Kaito being the Ultimate Husbando towards Saihara completely took me out at times. It might be the cast.
A lot of them don't really feel that fresh. I like Kokichi but he's definitely not as good a manipulator as Komaeda was. Angie is basically psycho with nothing to her like Kokichi and Komaeda has. Tenko does nothing but spout out "degenerate male." Tsumugi is...Tsumugi. Kiyo is just inferior Gundam. Maki up to this point hasn't really been that interesting (though after the Assassin twist she'll probably be better.) Gonta is sort of annoying. Keebo is also a lot less interesting than I thought he'd be. The game certainly hasn't been taking advantage of his robot status as well as they could have so far.

The only characters I really like are Kaito, Iruma, Saihara, and Himiko. Excluding the monokids, I like the monokids a lot. It would be nice of those four make up the survivors, lol. I'll pray to Atua with Himiko.

As negative as I sounded I still very much like the game so far, though it feels strange to me and very unlike the other two games. I don't know. Not like that's a bad thing anyways.

The soundtrack is hella good though. Scrum debate's OST is the hypest shit.

Happy Maria

After thinking on it a bit, I think I hate chapter three even more. Why?

Spoiler: Chapter 3 of v3/F1
Because it had the potential to be one of the best and most interesting cases in the series. Korekiyo could have killed Tenko but not Angie and then you would be on edge for the rest of the game knowing that a killer is always with you.

What do they do instead?
Pfft no lol he killed both of em

Such a waste. At least then you could justify his actions as him being panicky in wanting to potentially usurp the blackened spot for himself. But nope, according to Kodaka, he made Korekiyo the culprit because he thought that people would think that he would be 'too obvious'.

Are you ****ing kidding me? The guy went for the most obvious culprit over the actually interesting scenario because of this reverse psychology crap? That stuff never is good in mystery fiction because it ends up being even more unsatisfying and predictable. I never did take my eyes of Korekiyo despite him being accused several times because of his quickness to accuse Himiko and generally freaking out/pausing when being suspected. He always was suspicious in my eyes. So yeah, I'm a bit pissed off by the lack of usage of an actually creative route.

Also the double murder rules in F1 were better and more specific

Quote:
-If one person killed both people, the blackened is that person
-If there are two killers and both are dead, then the blackened is the one who died last
-If there are two killers and one of them is dead, the blackened is the living killer
-If there are two killers and both are alive, the blackened is the one who killed first

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: More thoughts on V3 Chapter 1& 2
The tension was great with Monokuma's motives, and Kaede and Shuichi already devising a plan to catch the mastermind. Maybe if Kaede wasn't the playable character it would be obvious she was going to be a killer, since she and Rantaro wanted to take down the mastermind the most.

As soon as the shot put ball was shown at the crime scene I knew it had fallen from above to kill the victim.

When it came to select the person who set the flash, I wanted Shuichi to take a step back and not accuse that same person to be the killer. I wanted the case the turn out that somebody took advantage of Kaede's trap to kill whoever it lured instead.

It probably is the saddest of the Danganronpa trials I've played. I was reading some of the comments here and I agree that it feels like we're stuck with Shuichi rather than getting to play as him. Kaede was definitely set up as the protagonist so looking back on it now, it feels like it was meant more for a surprise twist than anything. Well, I should wait until later in the game, since it seems that Kaede's death is meant to develop Shuichi's character. It's just that I would rather play as Kaede.

So, chapter 2. Of course Shuichi's hat was hiding his ahoge.

Kaito was certainly raising red flags. There's no way someone this friendly to the protagonist will survive. It didn't help that he was a suspect in the trial, and Shuichi had his motive video, so that friendship could easily be broken.

Once again, of course the magic show was going to be part of the murderer's plan, and the trial focused on this to try to misdirect me and waste time.

When the pool came up and I remembered the fabric left in the pool, I thought Miu was the killer, which would have explained why she was in her underwear. Nope, she's just a whore.

Now for the mechanics and gimmicks.

I'm playing on a controller, but the cursor is too slow even with Upshift enabled.

Scrum Debate is definitely my favourite new addition to this game. The music is absolutely amazing and I like how it allows you to approach the debate. I find the cutscene that plays before it to be unnecessary, though. It feels like an excuse to show off how much money they're putting into the presentation. We don't need to see them float into the sky, just show the podiums moving around to form the teams.

On the moving podiums, I think it's a nice touch when a character under scrutiny moves forward with their podium in the trial (Shuichi and Kirumi).

Hangman's Gambit is better than DR2, for sure.

Mind Mine? Meh. Just use Hangman's Gambit.

Psyche Taxi is basically an easier Logic Dive from DR2. At least in this version I can see a lot better than DR2's colour scheme in Logic Dive.

Criticisms aside, I do love this game so far.

Spoiler: DRV3-3
Scrum Debate's are soo awesome.

Kiyo was nooot awesome. He was worse than Celes, jesus. Double murders are never good in DR, are they..?

No way Kaito is living. He'll probably be the tragic Chapter 5 death. I'll probably get sad.

Himiko is pretty great. I liked her crying scene.

She and Saihara seem like locks for survivors, which was a pleasant surprise cause I thought her design doomed her to death...I think Maki and Keebo will survive. Gonta is gonna fall under the bara curse. Iruma looks like she's gonna survive but I remember reading a Kodaka interview that said she has some development so who knows. Kaito and Komaeda-wannabe aren't living, though Komaeda-wannabe was more amusing this chapter.

HOW THE FUCK IS TSUMUGI STILL ALIVE. If she doesn't die Chapter 4 I'll be maaad, because then there's no way she's dying Chapter 5. She's either dying Chapter 4 or the mastermind.

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Fix the spoiler tags. I nearly damaged my eyes.

Your spoiler tag is not working.
Signature loading, please wait...

Blah!

Everyone, please use the preview button before posting anything that contains spoilers.

oops, fixed

Happy Maria

Chapter 4
Right before trial
Spoiler: V3 Chapter 4 (so far)
Suck it Iruma
that's what you get for trying to kill Kokichi (from what I can tell so far)

I'm a bit annoyed that they're most likely going to repeat the Neo Workd Programme twist again. What's with DR and repeating twists? The game itself was kind of cool but I honestly wish there had been more done with it because it was pretty lacklustre

Favourite part so far about this chapter is Monotaro. He went a serious arc this Chapter and while I'm not exactly fond of how it started it was still nice to see it culminate in helping us investigate

Anyway yeah predictions for killer probably Gonta or Kokichi or something idk

FS Counter: 158

Probably going to stop now that Iruma is finally gone :D

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: V3 Chapter 3 - Investigation
I was spoiled on there being two victims, just like Chapter 3 in other Danganronpas. A murder during an investigation is new, however.
Also, FUCK YOU OMA

Oh my god, do the games STILL use the same formula in terms of victims?
Is Chapter 4 gonna be a suicide again?

C-A

Happy Maria

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Well...
Spoiler: Mild spoilers for v3 Chapters 1-4
The first victim is someone important whose death wasn't part of the plan initially.
The second victim is the relatively uninteresting one.
The third chapter is another double murder with one being more of a cover up because they knew too much.
Chapter 4 I thought would be the strong person but no. And I'm pretty damn sure despite not being done with the chapter that it ain't a suicide.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Mild spoiler.
Spoiler: DR1 & 2
At least there was a reason in DR2, because Junko was controlling Monokuma in both games. Her goal was to bait the Future Foundation - the survivors from the first game in particular - into the Neo World Program. So she manipulated the killing game to be similar to the DR1 killing game.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I’m enjoying the game thus far, but I have some HiSHE notes for the cases up to mid-4.
Spoiler: Up to the middle of Case 4’s trial
1: Kaede’s plan doesn’t work without the random loud music playing in the background. Without it, Rantaro would have taken step back to find out what the noise was. Gambit Roulette anyone?

2: Kiriumi was already fixing everyone’s meals. She could have easily poisoned everyone at once, avoiding the trial altogether.

3: I have a lot of problems with this one, but I’ll rant about it later. Kiyo could have made this much harder to solve if he stabbed all four effigies, not just Kaede’s, and if he had used literally anything but the katana that linked the crime to him.

4: This gripe is with Miu’s alleged plan. Why bother killing one of them when could easily kill all of them by making a bomb go off in the virtual world? She was the last to login, so she could just make the bomb go off after everyone else went in. This is assuming this was actually her intent to begin with, and there aren’t any plot twists that say any different.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Southern Corn wrote:
Spoiler: Prologue
'Team Danganronpa' huh? Has Spike Chunsoft established a new codivision for just DR games now? It was nice seeing their games one by one but I'm distressed by the appearance of the DR3 anime. Just for clarification is there any spoiler for the anime here?

Spoiler: Reply
You mean a spoiler in the opening montage? I don't believe there was. I was actually surprised that the segment showing the first game included Mukuro's death while she was posing as Junko. I've played the other games and didn't notice any spoilers.

Spoiler: V3 Chapter 3
I was spoiled on Korekiyo being the killer, but even without that, it was obvious that his careful managing of the seance made him the clear culprit.

Thoughts on mechanics, spoiler-free
Scrum Debates are bloody awesome. Music is great and I love how you counter multiple arguments while working together with other characters in a fast-paced discussion. My favourite of any gimmick in a DR game.

Argument Armament - aka the rhythm game - sucks. I appreciate that the tempo increases as you reduce your opponent's health as opposed to it speeding up and then slowing down when you make a mistake, but the original rhythm game is better.

Hangman's Gambit in V3 is my favourite of the Hangman's Gambits. DR1 was too easy and DR2 was unnecessarily difficult, but this one manages to get the difficulty just right. I just wish you could shine the light where you wanted.

Psyche Taxi is a better Logic Dive. Not much to say here other than I wish I could go faster.

Mind Mine is stupid. Just use Hangman's Gambit.

I prefer DR2's Rebuttal Showdown over this game's. I didn't need to aim with the sword before swinging, I just slashed. Plus the game doesn't pick up on fine adjustments.

Blah!

Spoiler: V3 Chapter 2
Don't have much to add that hasn't been said here already, except for the perjury mechanic.

It seems that the point of lying is to try redirecting the topic away from something that can't be concretely proven, like the meeting with Maki. There is a back route option where Shuichi says that he worked out with Kaito on the night of the murder and heard Maki talking with someone, and Kaito manages to not ruin the lie by catching on and corroborating it. And this does not result in someone outright saying "nah, here's the real evidence" like it did in chapter 1.

Think of it as trying to approach something from a different perspective by lying to redirect the conversation, and then finding a much more plausible explanation for what happened in the end. If it works as intended, at least.

Now, there is a second back route where lying wasn't necessary at all and Shuichi is sort of called out for it. Then someone else points out the truth and things resume from there. So where lying isn't necessary, it can fail too.

And man, Shuichi is really good at coming up with convincing lies on the spot, while Kirumi was pretty much the worst. The two back routes in this chapter really highlight this. Wonder if there's a reason for that...

Oh yeah, also the punishment for this chapter might have been the most gruesome one thus far, unless I'm misremembering something. Most punishments on this level would have cut away at points where this one didn't. But it still doesn't top a certain one from the anime in terms of overall impact, from what I recall...

Happy Maria

Finished chapter 4
Spoiler: Chapter 4 of v3
This chapter was a pain. Everyone was just repeating the same crap over and over again about believing and there was too much pointless meandering even for DR standards. The truth about the Virtual World was obvious from a mile away but they made me go through 3 minigames for about half an hour till I was allowed to say it.

That said, I really do like Kokichi more now. I think he was lying about fake crying for Gonta judging by the end. His getting pissed off at Gonta too was hilarious. His expressions though have clearly become much more manic. He's going to die next. Or Kaito. Idk

Also wow that execution. Can't believe that's what the arc with the Kubs was leading to. What a twist. At least they're all gone though.

And I just realised what others have realised. Tsumugi is still alive.
I know that DR games often have some pretty useless characters turn out to live, but the mannequin seems too suspicious of a candidate compared to others (Tenko, Ryoma, Gonta). I'm with the others she's the mastermind

FS Counter: 164

On a final note, nice AE reference Monokuma

Quote:
Spoiler: Chapter 2
There is a back route option where Shuichi says that he worked out with Kaito on the night of the murder and heard Maki talking with someone, and Kaito manages to not ruin the lie by catching on and corroborating it. And this does not result in someone outright saying "nah, here's the real evidence" like it did in chapter 1.

Spoiler: Also Chapter 2
Wait, THAT'S the back route? That's what I thought I was supposed to do! So is there a way to bypass that debate without lying?

Spoiler: @MBr
Sort of. I was speaking about the game itself. I know it's supposed to be a reboot but I was scared that there would be a spoiler for the anime in the game. Thankfully none so far.
I think.

Page 46 of 48 [ 1897 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station