Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 36 of 45[ 1781 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 45  Next

Re: PersonaTopic%20Title

sumguy28 wrote:
Quote:
For me, "at least something" would be, like... rectangular rooms or round rooms instead of just the square ones. Not putting an absolutely, positively pointless miniature staircase in one corner. Which some shadows COULD walk on.

It's still more than what P4's dungeons had.

A speck of dust on a painting does not make it a new painting. :ron: It's just a dumb speck of dust that technically has no purpose or reason to be there, so why hasn't it been removed yet? I'm not saying P4's dungeons were better than Tartarus, since the overall idea of "Fuck whatever floors there are, I'm just looking for the stairs to get to the miniboss/boss" is still present. But I am saying P4's were better because they had different music and better "wallpaper".

And no, one cannot honestly tell me that Tartarus is better because you can opt to have Persona 1 or 2 music to listen to when Fuuka is your obsolete Mission Control. Those are 4 tracks, always the same. At least the music in P4's dungeons was somewhat memoreable.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Except my point was about the layout, not the wallpaper. I agree that P4's dungeons all have an interesting coat of paint, but it didn't try to have anything other than long narrow corridors. Tartarus at least tried to have some variation. It didn't suceed, but there's still more to it than P4's dungeons. It's like if you had two hypothetical hotel rooms: an empty room with an awesome painting on the wall, or a room with only a chair.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

I dunno, an obsolete kind of thing in a room (like the painting) would mak no sense to me. It doesn't HELP me in any way, where as a chair would at least be a semi-comfortable sitting opportunity. Tartarus and P4's dungeons are basically the same, only P4's are much shorter and all have their own background music, compared to Tartarus which has 250+ floors that all look the same 'cept for a wallpaper change that ultimately makes no difference, as the same music plays the entire time and it's a bore to go through.

C-A

I've felt worse.

fffffffff-
P4 is the room with the painting. P3 had the chair.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
fffffffff-
P4 is the room with the painting. P3 had the chair.

For me, P3 is the one with the painting - the staircases you mentioned were pointless since they didn't break up the monotony of the game, nor of Tartarus and it wasn't a safe place from the shadows, either, as they could climb up just fine. (And while there were some that shadows couldn't climb up, that was in the final block, at which point you are already way overleveled, without grinding, and it doesn't matter if a shadow surprises you and goes first in battle)

C-A

I've felt worse.

Maybe we really didn't play the same game, because I'm quite certain that shadows couldn't climb the small steps unless you led them directly from the side. Maybe they changed it in Portable, but in FES the small steps did their job.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

You could do that in FES. It was how I was able to get a jump on the Reaper.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
You could do that in FES. It was how I was able to get a jump on the Reaper.

Speaking of, the Reaper in P4 was more difficult than the one in P3, in my opinion.

Quote:
Maybe we really didn't play the same game, because I'm quite certain that shadows couldn't climb the small steps unless you led them directly from the side. Maybe they changed it in Portable, but in FES the small steps did their job.

That explains it, cause I played Portable... what a STUPID thing to change between versions! How about opting to improve the story or characters instead of making shadows follow you better? THE GAME WAS FUCK EASY TO BEGIN WITH! :ron:

C-A

Spoiler: Persona 3 Comic

C-A

Blah!

I'm surprised nobody has brought up the new PV for Persona 5 yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvpOwQaqRXA

If you want to know what's being said, there's also an unofficial translation here, but I'd highly suggest watching without first. You'll miss out on a lot of the visuals otherwise, as the subs aren't paced well.

It looks amazing. And it's delayed until Summer 2016, but it looks to be worth the wait.

Yeah, I haven't brought it up because I don't have a PS4 right now, otherwise, I'd be pretty hyped. From what I've seen though, it looks really good.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Yeah, I haven't brought it up because I don't have a PS4 right now, otherwise, I'd be pretty hyped. From what I've seen though, it looks really good.

Isn't it also coming out on PS3? (Yeah, mentions Summer 2016 for PS4 and PS3)

Wait! Those voices...! I know them... Lloyd (Konishi Katsuyuki)? Also, I find the way Protagonist is walking around to be freaking hilarious. Swish-swish-sway~

So Personae are now caught into masks, not cards?

2:50 Feels like they just cut to a different game altogether. :will:

I really don't want to get into unnecessary hype, but it's a bit difficult. It does look cool. Though I still have the feeling the protagonist will either turn evil or turn out to be mentally instable... and that other guy with the straighter black hair and mask... an antagonist? Concerned it might be a long lost family member of Protagonist.

Either way, I hope the game gets a fast localized release, too. Preferably with Dual Audio. No Dual Audio, then fine, I'll just import the game next year.

C-A

Blah!

CatMuto wrote:
So Personae are now caught into masks, not cards?

Every Persona game has changed how persona summoning works to match the theme of the game. It seems that with Persona 5, personas are masks to hide yourself behind. As opposed to Persona 4, where personas are aspects of your real personality (not hiding the truth, which is the game's theme). There's a LOT of thought put behind this sort of thing.

CatMuto wrote:
Either way, I hope the game gets a fast localized release, too. Preferably with Dual Audio. No Dual Audio, then fine, I'll just import the game next year.

Atlus is not known for releasing games in dual audio. But they do well at high quality dubs, so I wouldn't write them off.

EDIT: It does look like we can expect a quick localization, since Atlus USA apparently thought they could get it out this year back when the JP release was also going to be this year. I just hope it isn't super rushed like the original P4 apparently was.

From the trailers I've seen though, I gotta know if it's just me, but when the protagonist is donning prison stripes, he looks like an older version of Pharos from Persona 3.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

blahmoomoo wrote:
Atlus is not known for releasing games in dual audio. But they do well at high quality dubs, so I wouldn't write them off.

I don't care about English dubs anymore, not since majority of the time, at least one (if not all) of the voices I am sick of hearing are gonna be in it: Yuri Lowenthal, Johnny Young Bosch, Laura Bailey (ESPECIALLY SHE, I AM SO SICK, TELL HER TO USE A DIFFERENT VOICE, DIRECTORS!) and Troy Baker.

Quote:
From the trailers I've seen though, I gotta know if it's just me, but when the protagonist is donning prison stripes, he looks like an older version of Pharos from Persona 3.

Oh yes. Either it's a fun little joke or it's just a similar character design. Look at Yukari (Persona 3) and Yuzu (Devil Survivor 1), they look very similar in terms of design idea and color scheme.

C-A

The one and only

Anyone noticed that Atlus just loves to reference Catherine in the Persona series

Not that I mind but I dunno why they love it so much

Gettin' Old!

Well they had Vincent show up as early as Persona 3 xD

Eh it's not that weird. Just confirming they take place in the same universe
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Blah!

N30N wrote:
Anyone noticed that Atlus just loves to reference Catherine in the Persona series

Not that I mind but I dunno why they love it so much

Other than the cameo in P3P and how P5 protag looks a bit like Vincent, it doesn't seem like a big deal. Unless there's something from P4G that I'm not aware of, that seems about it.

It also appears to be the only non-Persona/SMT game that P Studio (internal development team at Atlus dedicated to Persona, though only officially established when P4G came out) has worked on, and I think there is at least an unofficial theory that Catherine takes place in the Persona universe. I'm guessing the team enjoyed working on something entirely different.

In any case, it doesn't feel much different than the throwbacks to prior Persona games, outside of the direct crossovers between P3/4 since Ultimax. Persona 3 had a bunch of references back to 2, and at least one to 1. Persona 4's main town shares the name of a character from Persona 1 (though it's not clear if that's intentional). So yeah.

N30N wrote:

Aside from P3P, I never saw any full-on reference. Sure, you can say that the girl in P5 kinda looks like Catherine, but with proper drill-tails, but really... that's just a similar hairstyle. (That's like if I were to say that Anise from Tales of the Abyss is a total reference to Presea from Tales of Symphonia, simply because both girls wear pigtails, when they are different from haircolor to personality to 'problems')

I didn't mind Catherine, I just felt like they made too big of a deal of the revelation that Cathy was a succubus. You don't say?

C-A

The one and only

It's things like this

and this

Like I wonder how significant catherine is to atlus or just how popular it is

Mr Protag is not in goofy, heart-patterened boxers, so I don't see the big reference. As for bars... well, considering P5's theme seems to be one's freedom*, the bars make sense. I don't quite remember that scene from Catherine, though...

* either it's one's freedom or 'steal shit from society, to get a thrill, while you're conforming to society's norms'...

C-A

Pretty sure any references to Catherine are just shout-outs; I don't remember where I saw it but I'm fairly certain I read the devs confirming Catherine and Persona weren't in the same universe (which makes sense since Vincent is moping in the bar in P3P for most if not all of the game when the story in Catherine only takes place over like a week)

Blah!

I think the real reason why character models in P5 look a bit Catherine in style is because this is the first HD Persona game that uses character models (Arena uses sprites), and Catherine was the only other HD game with character models they worked on. Combine that with having the same artists, and you get some similar art feelings between both.

For example, the original box art for Maken X feels a LOT like some SMT games, including early Personas, but that's just because the same artist worked on the game. It appears that the game itself has nothing to do with the SMT universe. It seems a lot of people who would become P Studio (excluding the artist, who only worked on P1 and P2 duology) worked on that game.

Even Chrono Trigger art outside of the game feels a lot like Dragon Ball, but that's because Akira Toriyama was the lead artist.

I'd just like to say, when P5 is released and I get it - whether it's the imported Japanese or localized version with Dual Audio - I will name the protagonist L.
Because his complexion reminds me of L. (And why not? L was a pretty neat character. And Fukuyama Jun voiced Ryuk in Death Note, so there's already an established link.)

C-A

Blah!

Anybody else enjoying Persona 4 Dancing All Night? I find that it's really fun to play, and probably the best rhythm game I've played, though that isn't saying much since I haven't played many (including Elite Beat Agents, which I really should try out sometime).

I haven't finished the story mode yet so I don't have a full opinion on it (done through chapter 4 so far), although I heard from some that it's the best of the spinoffs. But I can already say for sure that it is far better than the messy story that Ultimax has.

A rhythm game has a STORY mode?

C-A

Blah!

Well, we need some justification for why the IT is suddenly good at dancing! The story does go beyond that though, and so far it seems well thought out.

The fighting games had a story mode too, although I guess that's a bit more common.

But yeah, it's basically a similar structure to the Ultimax story mode, with much better content. Linear visual novel type story with several concurrent branches (though this time, it's purely linear as you can't choose which branch to follow first) that have performances interspersed throughout.

blahmoomoo wrote:
Well, we need some justification for why the IT is suddenly good at dancing! The story does go beyond that though, and so far it seems well thought out.

Um... not really.
Rise is an idol - so she obviously had dance training.
Yukiko is well-verse in traditional things, which might include dancing.
Yosuke has headphones and music around him a lot, so him dancing makes sense, too.
Chie might have joined Yukiko's classes - out of curiosity, maybe even giving them up.
Kanji, well, dancing is a very artistic thing that requires skill - and with his love for art and craft, dancing isn't far behind.
And Narukami is just good at everything.
Naoto? ...Naoto's a chick, obviously she can dance.

But yeah, this just sounds like shit. Story told JUST like in Arena? So, I basically have to sit there and read walls of texts before I get to dance to a 2 minute song? Screw that. I'd rather go back to the nothing BUT performances in Project Diva - which I find bad cause my on-screen Vocaloid won't be the one singing.

C-A

Blah!

You can totally ignore Story Mode if you want to, as in Arena, as free play is what unlocks all the free play songs (AFAIK). Some costume stuff doesn't unlock unless you complete story mode, but if you REALLY don't want to read stuff, you can hold the quick skip button throughout the visual novel parts as it doesn't care if you've seen the scene or not.

And I wasn't saying that nobody on the IT can dance (other than Rise, which is obvious). There just isn't any implicit reason for all of them to be dancing together in a high quality choreographed fashion.

Gettin' Old!

Can someone give me a story dump for what goes on in P4DAN?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Blah!

Pierre wrote:

Just an overview, or do you want spoilers? I am over 2/3 through the story mode, I believe, but if you just want a synopsis, I know plenty enough for that.

Gettin' Old!

blahmoomoo wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Just an overview, or do you want spoilers? I am over 2/3 through the story mode, I believe, but if you just want a synopsis, I know plenty enough for that.

The whole hog, I don't mind spoilers but I need to know why Shadows don't just eat you the second you start dancing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Blah!

Well, I don't have the time for a full summary right now, but I can at least answer that question.

Spoiler:
The Midnight Stage isn't in the TV World, it's in another realm entirely, and it seems to have been created by one person's traumatic event that's directly related to the theme detailed below (that's my guess, anyway, as I haven't reached the point where everything is explained).

In this realm, the rule is that there is no violence against anyone, so that's why the shadows don't attack and why the protagonists can't just summon their personas to attack the shadows. Any attempt to do so will just be suppressed (e.g. the persona will be unsummoned). Instead of attacking, the shadows dance to a creepy tune to try and brainwash people to join them. Forms of expression are strong at communicating in the midnight stage.

The goal of the shadows and the mysterious voice controlling them is to grant the wish to have a bond with someone, even if that means losing your identity (denying your true self) to become the person everyone else wants you to be. For example, the idols that get pulled into this realm have thoughts of changing their act to be more like who they really are, but the voice convinces them that nobody would care about them anymore if they did so and it would be far better if they were the person everyone else wants them to be. By succumbing to this way of thinking, you are trapped in a bond with the shadows, no longer having any thoughts of your own.

The shadows themselves are the shadows of real people who want to have a bond with someone. They were trapped by watching a video at midnight on the website of the festival that Rise and other idols are putting on. The protagonists are slated to be backup dancers for Rise (because she wanted it, not because they couldn't find any pros), which is the explanation for why they are involved and have been trained to dance well.

To free the people and the shadows from joining in the fake bond, the protagonists need to convince them that this way of thinking isn't right, and you should be your true self to others. Instead of fighting, as you had to do in P4 against people's shadows, the protagonists dance to communicate their feelings and who they are to convince them that the bond being offered is a fake one and send the shadows back to the people they belong to. They are counteracting the shadows' dance.

A few miscellaneous things: the people who have their shadows stolen go into comas in the real world, similar to the apathy syndrome in P3. But the people trapped in the midnight stage are physically there, just like in P4 with throwing people into the TV.

Pierre wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:
Pierre wrote:

The whole hog, I don't mind spoilers but I need to know why Shadows don't just eat you the second you start dancing.

Because we look fabulous! :kristoph:

While this is more a Persona thread, I'd like to say, my getting back to Catherine... I realized I had not done any rapunzel levels. My previous high score of making it to level 23 was still there, but I had to start over from Level 1. I fucking hate Rapunzel. If there wasn't TWO achievements to unlock by finishing it, I would ignore that shit.

Also, I was on Night 5/6. With the chainsaw baby. And I realized, yup, I forget practically everything about the puzzle mechanic.

C-A

I figure since it pretty much looks like a Persona game, I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on SMT x FE since more trailers for the game have been released.

As an aside, I'm just gonna say that P5 is gonna be the best ever for the sole fact that Zorro is a Persona.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
I figure since it pretty much looks like a Persona game, I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on SMT x FE since more trailers for the game have been released.

As an aside, I'm just gonna say that P5 is gonna be the best ever for the sole fact that Zorro is a Persona.

Well with all the 'masks' I'd be super disappointed if Zorro wasn't there XD

As for SMT x FE I'm sorely looking forward to it cause it just looks bonkers.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Blah!

dullahan1 wrote:

Eh... I'm waiting until actual gameplay or story footage is revealed, but the trailers aren't getting me excited. It looks way different from anything SMT or FE related, and the trailers so far focused too much on things that aren't SMT or FE related like magical clothing transformations without any context. Come to think of it, the trailers so far feel like one of those VN openings that look cool but show nothing about what the game is about, story or gameplay wise.

...unless there was a trailer released in the past month, in which case, I haven't seen it yet.

I did see some people really excited about some of the FE character-based Personas (or whatever the summoned things will be called) that were revealed in a magazine article, but as someone who hasn't played anything from FE other than the first handful of chapters from Awakening, that doesn't really interest me personally.

From what I know, something I saw today took away Tiki's dragon origin and now she's something of a songstress ala Hatsune Miku.

I'd personally love to see more gameplay trailers too. The game does have a release date in Japan on Dec.26, so I figure worse case scenario, if we don't get anything concrete, we can at least hear Japan's opinions first.

The only thing I've really seen is there are a lot of costume options ala Persona 4 Golden for the main cast, a lot of them references to their other games, such SMT4, Persona Q, and Etrian Odyssey. Some of them look pretty nice.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Since you mentioned SMT IV, dullahan... SMT IV: Final. It's not really a sequel, more of an alternate story of SMT IV? At least, it focuses heavily on the Hunters in Tokyo, though the protagonist is still Flynn. Only, he shaved half of his head. Also, Navarre is now a much bigger character. So is Nozomi. (God help us... well, if it's the SMT God, maybe not...) It sounds interesting, though it overall also sounds very... huh?

Apparently, this is the new appearance for Flynn/the main character in SMT IV: Final. I honestly cannot say I really like it or hate it. It just feels like such a little boy haircut. And so generic, like, I could replace him with any other main character and it would barely make a difference.

C-A
Persona 4 goldenTopic%20Title

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

I just got halfway through this game and totally worth buying a Vita just to play this game and man all the new gameplay content and new Scenes are awesome.

What did others think of this game ??
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Page 36 of 45 [ 1781 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 45  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station