Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 16[ 633 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Pokemon 6th Generation: X and YTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Doesn't feel that long ago we had this thread, does it?

Anyways, Gen VI was just confirmed. 3DS, worldwide release in October, all that good stuff. Catch the trailer here.

Spoiler: Screens

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Pokemon 6th Generation: X and YTopic%20Title

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

YESSSSSS. Now I REALLY need a 3DS.

Spoiler: Speculation
A few months ago I wrote about BW2... wrote:
Lots of people talk about Pokeballs in this game because they are still processing Team Plasma's message over these two years. Some people have concluded that even though Team Plasma was wrong in their actions, that ultimately Pokeballs are not completely a good idea. Of course differences in opinion vary widely but here's my idea: a future generation will be about becoming more connected with Pokemon. We know N can speak to them but one scientist claims he is working on such a device that could allow other people to talk to them and find out how they really feel. Remember how a scientist in Ruby and Sapphire was saying he wanted to look into Pokemons' dreams and now we have the dream world! We could be graced with some new game mechanic where your own Pokemon are better in tune with you. This could totally change up the series. Imagine, talking to your Pokemon? Even legendaries don't talk to you in the games so this would be GROUNDBREAKING. Now I know that now that I've put this idea out there it's become that much more unlikely but it's a nice thought.

I called it. Generation 6 will be about strengthening bonds with Pokemon by ACTUALLY COMMUNICATING with them. This was foreshadowed at least twice in BW2. Maybe we'll even see N again...

As for region speculation, it's likely the region will be based off of France. There are three main reasons to confirm this:

1) The starters are all based off of animals found in France, especially that Water Frog.
2) This picture, showing what potentially looks like an Eiffel Tower expy.
3) Junichi Masuda's profile picture on Twitter has been a picture of him standing in front of the real Eiffel Tower. A few weeks ago he visited Paris. We all thought he was just on vacation but maybe...

Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Jammin' like it's 2024

Welp!

I need a 3DS by October.

Fuck yeah that looks amazing.
Does we even do these things anymore?

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Oh and the third version will probably be Pokemon Z, in case it wasn't obvious.

For those who know Geometry, think about the planes and axes and whatnot. There's the X-axis, the Y-axis, and the Z-axis. The Z-axis is the axis that makes things into 3D.

SO EXCITED! Loved that they used cel-shaded 3D for the Pokemon and NPCs as to allow them to keep their unique appearences. Possibly the best thing about the simultaneous worldwide release is that the game will be harder to spoil for myself since I would be too busy playing the game anyways.

I wonder how they were able to finish work on this game so fast. Maybe they planned the 5th and 6th generations side-by-side so they could split up development accordingly? Anyhow, looking at the screenshots, it seems there will be something of an Eiffel tower/Tokyo tower in this game. Could this possibly point to a more "worldwide" adventure?

Based off of appearances of the legendary Pokemon alone, Pokemon X already piques my interest aside from the obligatory version-exclusive differences they are probably going to have for both games...

END SPIEL/SPECULATION
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

Gettin' Old!

Pokemon X looks cool as anything.
Well maybe I'll buy a pokemon game now...or I'll just hold out for Z.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Spoiler: Another theory, which sort of combines some of my previous theories.
The third version could also potentially be Pokemon N, which is a rotated Z. When you consider the idea about bonds becoming strengthened with Pokemon, then N will most likely make an appearance, maybe a plot-significant one. Watch the third version be all about him.

Master of sharp things!

I'm honestly surprised this is coming out so quickly after Gen V. Very impressive on that front. The switch to 3D and the shift in perspective are nice, but hopefully they won't lose the feeling of the previous adventures because of it.

The starters are nice, though I find it particularly interesting that Fennekin seems to be able to use psychic moves. Given that Froakie seems athletic in structure and Chespin looks like it's wearing a hood and used night slash, perhaps they will evolve into fire/psychic, water/fighting and grass/dark respectively.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that the Japanese logos have DNA helixes in them. Maybe related to the X/Y chromosones?

On the topic of region speculation, I feel it should be noted that the segment with Pikachu talking to the viewer ends with Pikachu using thunderbolt on the planet from on top of the Eiffel Tower. Not that the French and European influences aren't obvious enough.
And we didn't get a name for this new region, either.

The Midnight Lurker

I'm not really SUPER excited for this, but I'm guaranteed to ramble because caffeine overload this morning. I am more excited for this game than I was for Black and White though. For once, I actually like BOTH of the trainer's designs (which is surprising, since out of the entire series, I have only liked about three of the female designs) and I actually like all the starters. A bit iffy about Chespin because it looks so much like a grass Oshawott instead of something original, but I liked Oshawott so I can forgive it. I'm sure most people are going to want Fennekin as their starter because it's a fox and people love foxes for some reason, but I fell in love with Froakie when I first saw him. D=< What an adorable frog. Definitely going to name him Slippy. I like how it looks like the place is based on France because France is kind of an artsy place and it pretty (well, I'm sure some parts aren't so pretty, but obviously they're going to use the nicer looking places like they did for Unova, being based on New York and all). I'm really thankful that it's getting a worldwide release this time. Now Japan doesn't get everything while the rest of the world sits and waits and seeths in jealousy. And this probably means there will be less trolls going around claiming that the Japanese Pokemon names are the only true names since they'll get names in different languages at the same time, which is good, because those holier-than-thou-acting people are really annoying. AND NO MORE SPRITESSSS YESSSS. I liked sprites and all, but now that we have the technology to make 3D models NOT look terrible, it's a good thing they've stepped up. It's like having Pokemon XD or Collosseum as a main game or something. And speaking of 3D models, the battles look amazing. Also,

Yaragorm wrote:
I called it. Generation 6 will be about strengthening bonds with Pokemon by ACTUALLY COMMUNICATING with them. This was foreshadowed at least twice in BW2. Maybe we'll even see N again...

If that means like... communication through microphone with words, I will be sdjhgkds No words for my joy. Like having a Hey You Pikachu/Main series pokemon game hybrid. That would be a lot of fun, even if the voice recognition was as bad as Hey You Pikachu (which I doubt it would be, that game had me screaming at the TV as a kid). I highly doubt it would be anything like this, but it would be cool to say a move in the microphone and the pokemon using it instead of the clicking. It's not like clicking is a hassle or anything, but it would just be cool. ... Great, now I'll be disappointed if they don't do this.

Okay, finally going to make myself shut up. I am getting Pokemon Y version for sure, no matter the exclusives, just because I'm 99% sure X is going to be the most popular version because kids are like "THE LETTER X IS COOL" and yeah. At least until the inevitable Z version, since I'm sure many of the older people will be patient enough to wait for the superior version. Has anyone else decided on their version already (assuming anyone even read my rant)?

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I'm probably picking Y because the Y legendary looks cooler although it will likely depend on their stats, movesets, types, etc.

As for starters, my favorite is Fennekin like everyone else's. I also have a soft spot for Chespin though. Oh well, might as well wait for their evolutions.

High level play

Wow! those screenshot look amazing! I think I should try playing another pokemon game after the 3rd gen. (repetition made me bored with the franchise)
Does anyone know though why Pokemon HQ decided to switch the name from colors and metals to single letters though?
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Sjibbey wrote:
Wow! those screenshot look amazing! I think I should try playing another pokemon game after the 3rd gen. (repetition made me bored with the franchise)
Does anyone know though why Pokemon HQ decided to switch the name from colors and metals to single letters though?

The answer is THEMES. Since HeartGold and SoulSilver, the Pokemon games have been trying to actually align the titles with themes in the games.

Spoiler: Examples
HeartGold & SoulSilver: They don't do it much, but when the characters say that you need Heart/Soul depending on the version, it explains why it was called that.

Black & White: This is an easy one, since those two colors represent Yin and Yang. However, these games have more of a plot so they make sure you know the themes more. The theme of these games, and really the entire 5th generation, was about balance within opposites. The villainous team, Plasma, actually has a 'noble' intention but the world is not always black or white. Just because there are some trainers who mistreat their Pokemon, it doesn't mean that they should all be blindly released from their owners. This theme is also present in their "truth vs. ideals" scale. The world can exist peacefully with both, it's just that sometimes they clash. See, balance.

Junichi Masuda once said that they didn't feel like they were cornered and running out of colors/metals/gems. For future generations, their plan all along was to continue Black and White's trend of making the titles based off of themes they would use for the plot. As people have said, X and Y are likely related to chromosomes or DNA so it will be interesting to see how that plays out...

Gettin' Old!

Yeah the new region is blatantly Paris-France based. See the eiffel tower at 23 seconds.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

The names of the two legendaries have been announced! They are Xerneas and Yveltal! You try to guess which one is which. :karma:

Lots of people are complaining how they seem difficult to pronounce..... Not really. It's just 'Zurr-nee-us' and 'Ee-vell-tawl'. Oh well, I was hoping they'd be XCalibur and Yvern but I guess that's what nicknames are for...

The Real Human Being

Welp, usually at least 1 starter has looked cool but they really dropped the ball this gen.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

DoMaya wrote:
Welp, usually at least 1 starter has looked cool but they really dropped the ball this gen.

You mean to say that they ALL look cool, right?

Right? >:(

Ace Sidekick!

I can't wait for these games! :gant-jazz:

I wish I had pokemon white 2 to keep me preoccupied until then. :(

High level play

Yaragorm wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:

The answer is THEMES. Since HeartGold and SoulSilver, the Pokemon games have been trying to actually align the titles with themes in the games.

HeartGold & SoulSilver: They don't do it much, but when the characters say that you need Heart/Soul depending on the version, it explains why it was called that.

Black & White: This is an easy one, since those two colors represent Yin and Yang. However, these games have more of a plot so they make sure you know the themes more. The theme of these games, and really the entire 5th generation, was about balance within opposites. The villainous team, Plasma, actually has a 'noble' intention but the world is not always black or white. Just because there are some trainers who mistreat their Pokemon, it doesn't mean that they should all be blindly released from their owners. This theme is also present in their "truth vs. ideals" scale. The world can exist peacefully with both, it's just that sometimes they clash. See, balance.

Junichi Masuda once said that they didn't feel like they were cornered and running out of colors/metals/gems. For future generations, their plan all along was to continue Black and White's trend of making the titles based off of themes they would use for the plot. As people have said, X and Y are likely related to chromosomes or DNA so it will be interesting to see how that plays out...

Thanks for explaining! That does make sense.
If the theme is related to chromosomes though I hope the game won't put emphasis on mentally disabled pokemon (trainers) or something. I like to experience these things with a 'child like wonder' attitude if possible.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

The Real Human Being

Sjibbey wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:

Thanks for explaining! That does make sense.
If the theme is related to chromosomes though I hope the game won't put emphasis on mentally disabled pokemon (trainers) or something. I like to experience these things with a 'child like wonder' attitude if possible.

The only one mentally disabled in the pokemon universe if the player.

I have to say that I'm really happy about this games, but also a bit worried.

Of course, I will play it, I will have a lot of fun, like always in pokemon, but two things worry me:

Firstly, from the trailer, I have a really bad feeling that the player character's movement will still be restricted to 4 directions.
The 3DS has an analog stick, I want to move freely in a 3d game!
Not only like this:

Secondly, why do the characters still have to be chibis? :/ I believe there was an announcement where they said that they will use the full power of the 3DS here... and I have a hard time believing them after seeing RE:Revelations. Could have been done better imo.

Oh well, I will have to wait and see what they do, I still hope that I will be able to at least move normally xD

Btw. Am I the only one that thinks this games somehow looks similar to Dragon Quest VIII?

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

BZW Golem wrote:
Secondly, why do the characters still have to be chibis? :/ I believe there was an announcement where they said that they will use the full power of the 3DS here... and I have a hard time believing them after seeing RE:Revelations. Could have been done better imo.

Well I think that's so they could put more of the 3D focus on the battles themselves. Still, the trailer says that the gameplay footage isn't final so there's still stuff we need to wait for.

The Real Human Being

Spoiler: I take back them looking stupid

Scott made them look pretty cool here, I think I'll go with the water starter and name him Glenn.

Gettin' Old!

DoMaya wrote:

Scott made them look pretty cool here, I think I'll go with the water starter and name him Glenn.

Chrono Trigger reference?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sheer badassery

Wow! The graphics and new Pokemon look great! I can't wait for the game to come out!

DERP

The legendaries names are Yvetal and Xearneas, or sumthing like that. Good thing that Japan will lauch simuntaniously on all areas the game.

I'm so excited ! The announcement of a new generation is always something amazing. I can't wait to learn more. Both legendaries are beautiful, for the first time I'll have trouble choosing my future game.
Image Image

I have to admit that this is the first generation since gen 2 that I like all the starters :o

At first I couldn't decide which is my fav @.@

But after viewing a lot of fanart Chespin won my heart, how can you not love it?
Spoiler: cute art <3

Adorable <3

The Real Human Being

Pierre wrote:
DoMaya wrote:

Chrono Trigger reference?

Only the best. <3

Delirious for Dollie

The thing about this game is that there are 3 things that I hope happen.

1. The character is able to have a wardrobe. That may sound like a lot, but consider this; several RPGs on the Nintendo DS like "Blue Dragon: Awakening Shadow" and "Dragon Quest IX" allow for the main character (in the latter's case, the entire party) to have their attire changed on the fly. Now, the latter game also has most NPCs in 2D sprites, but the first game did get away with every human ally and NPC in a 3D render.

I just feel like that, with a worldwide release, it should help for one to be able to customize their trainer as a means of individuality. It would be better than using existing sprites for Youngsters, Hikers, and Ace Trainers (I preferred "Cooltrainer") whenever one uses, for example, a Union Room.

Also, towards the end of the game, unless you set yourself up for bad conditions and lose battles often, you would have some money to spare.

2. A Dark-type Gym. There have been 3 Dark Pokemon users in the Elite Fours of the franchise, but there has yet to be a Dark Gym. It seems like such an obvious omission that should at least be remedied once.

3. Utilize the DLC... but NOT for DLC Pokemon! That would be insane. I would rather see DLC regions and areas that can allow for advanced challenges for people wanting to explore or to catch "non-regional" Pokemon.

That's basically all I have to say.

Master of sharp things!

Um, yeah, so... Mega Pokémon are a thing now. Not sure how I feel about this. At first I thought it was way too much like Digimon, but admittedly I like some of the designs and alternate types and abilities. I'm still getting the games regardless, though.

Also, three new Pokémon, but no one's really talking about them for obvious reasons.

Fate Testarossa

Mega Ampharos looks so nice.

Fate is made by クロス

Liking Dendenne (the electric/fairy type Pokemon), it looks like a chubbier Pikachu.

I love the designs of the Mega Evolutions, however, one has to wonder about how many there are in total (not having Blaziken to be the only starter that can go Mega).
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

The Real Human Being

I hope they make a mega Gardevoir with BIG TITS

Gettin' Old!

DoMaya wrote:
I hope they make a mega Gardevoir with BIG TITS

Gardevoir already has one of those...just one...so big it looks more like she's been stabbed through the chest.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Apologize!!!

If azumarill gets Fairy type melee attacks, I'm sure it will become the best dragon killer.

Master of sharp things!

According to more recent information, Mega Evolutions only happen while in battle, and when the Pokémon is holding a Mega Stone. They also gain boosted stats from their original forms, so I guess the only drawback is you have to choose between having a hold item or the Mega Evolution.

Javadoze wrote:
Liking Dendenne (the electric/fairy type Pokemon), it looks like a chubbier Pikachu.

I love the designs of the Mega Evolutions, however, one has to wonder about how many there are in total (not having Blaziken to be the only starter that can go Mega).

I think Dendenne is supposed to be the regional Pikachu expy - like Pachirasu, Emolga, etc.

As for how many Mega Evolutions there are, it's confirmed that not all Pokémon have one. Considering that all the Pokémon shown so far are either fully evolved or don't have an evolutionary line, that may mean non-fully evolved Pokémon are excluded.

Rajin wrote:
If azumarill gets Fairy type melee attacks, I'm sure it will become the best dragon killer.

Given the magic/nature motif Fairy seems to be getting, I think it might be more special-inclined. STAB kind of makes that a moot point, though.

Apologize!!!

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Given the magic/nature motif Fairy seems to be getting, I think it might be more special-inclined. STAB kind of makes that a moot point, though.

Hmm.... That's right.. Afterall, it's fairy. :redd: There won't be any fairy punches, fairy-tackle, or fairy-explosion... :acro: Azumarill's SpAtk is 50...!

Master of sharp things!

New trailer for the Mega Evolutions. Confirms the Torchic download event for the US and shows off a new gym leader an her gym, which has rail grinding as a travel mechanic. Also, that Torchic's Mega Stone is exclusive to the DLC, so it seems Pokémon with Mega Evolutions might need a specific stone to make it happen, or certain ones at least. I want my fire/dragon MegaCharizard, damnit! :larry:

Rajin wrote:
Hmm.... That's right.. Afterall, it's fairy. :redd: There won't be any fairy punches, fairy-tackle, or fairy-explosion... :acro: Azumarill's SpAtk is 50...!

I'm sure there will be physical Fairy moves, just not as many as special.

Mega Kangaskhan revealed

Best Mega-Evolution already. My younger self would be freaking out right now.

Call me Kass.

Javadoze wrote:
Mega Kangaskhan revealed

Best Mega-Evolution already. My younger self would be freaking out right now.

WE FINALLY GET TO SEE THE BABY

AAAAAH IT'S SO CUTE
Page 1 of 16 [ 633 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station