Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 24 of 77[ 3056 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 77  Next

Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DSTopic%20Title

Master of sharp things!

Javadoze wrote:
Yet another "leak" comes fourth (heh). This time in the form of the character select screen.

Quote:

Gotta say, even though it's probably fake (Wario appears to be directly ripped from one of his Brawl poses), I still love the look of it.

It's most certainly fake. Aside from the usual "fake screenshot taken at a bad angle" trope it's got going on, the Wario picture used here is clearly from the old Dojo website:

The image of Ganondorf is taken from one of the recent Ganondorf figurines:

And finally, the Ice Climbers are called "Ice Climber" in Japan:

So yeah, it's fake.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

The fact that the character portraits are just straight up ripped from the Smash Bros website bothers me.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Gardevoir lover

Blak The Great wrote:
The fact that the character portraits are just straight up ripped from the Smash Bros website bothers me.

Wasn't it like that in Brawl?

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

1000% Knight

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
So yeah, it's fake.

works for me
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:

Wasn't it like that in Brawl?

In the "leak", the portraits don't really... match up in scale. Some characters get full on body shots, and some are focus more on their faces. In past games, character portraits have always just been closeups of the characters face rather than their body.
Also, I don't like this final line up AT ALL. There's virtually no new characters in here besides unconfirmed veterans and Chrom. Whoever made this isn't fun at parties.

The King of All

Right before Brawl's release, how many characters were revealed vs. how many were in the game?
The king of all, Sir Duke

Master of sharp things!

Deadpool 9 wrote:
Right before Brawl's release, how many characters were revealed vs. how many were in the game?

Everyone listed under Secret Fighters here wasn't announced before the game came out in Japan, as far as I remember. They were announced before the international release, however, since it took two months for the game to come out in the U.S. and three more for the rest of the world.

迷探偵

Even w/o going into the character poses etc, you can tell the 'leak' picture is a fake by the weird Japanese :P 「生き残るために住んでいる」? Hello, automatic translations!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

The Twisted Samurai

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk- ... smash-bros
Kinda interesting.

This may be airtight proof, but also pure bs...
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

The King of All

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros
Kinda interesting.

This may be airtight proof, but also pure bs...

Interesting list, but I would eat my hat if the Glee club from Rhythm Heaven were fighters.

An Enigma Among Humans

Guys, I just now figured out an OP. If Little Mac is a terror on the ground, but is horrible in the air... what is to stop him from being the only choice during the "For Glory" matches? i.e. He would be the best during the final destination levels.

Lord Doitsu wrote:
Guys, I just now figured out an OP. If Little Mac is a terror on the ground, but is horrible in the air... what is to stop him from being the only choice during the "For Glory" matches? i.e. He would be the best during the final destination levels.

I've been thinking about that as well, but then again, so are the developers. I don't think he'll be impossible to defeat just because it's a ground level; you just have to dodge his attack or keep your distance, just like you would any other more melee based character. Get him up in the air and his attacks become nigh-useless.

1000% Knight

Ash wrote:
Even w/o going into the character poses etc, you can tell the 'leak' picture is a fake by the weird Japanese :P 「生き残るために住んでいる」? Hello, automatic translations!

I thought that too, but...

"Royal" is "ロワイアル"? It must be fake! No way that's how that word is actu--oh

Didn't bother to check the other text xP

迷探偵

^It's royale, so ロワイヤル and ロワイアル are the usual ways to write the word in Japanese. I'm more curious in how else you'd want to pronounce the word ^^'
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

1000% Knight

Without the ワ :P

Master of sharp things!

Thane wrote:
Lord Doitsu wrote:

I've been thinking about that as well, but then again, so are the developers. I don't think he'll be impossible to defeat just because it's a ground level; you just have to dodge his attack or keep your distance, just like you would any other more melee based character. Get him up in the air and his attacks become nigh-useless.

Don't forget that his recovery is awful as well; get him off the stage just enough and it's practically over for him. It makes him something of a glass canon.

What did he do this time...?

Sakurai knows what he's doing. They're going to make sure Little Mac isn't OP on Final Destination.

That roster is 100% fake, but we know that. From Game Xplain, they made some guesses backed up by evidence. Here's what they came up with:
Chrom-Probably
Palutena-Probably
Ice Climbers-Yes
Jigglypuff-Yes
Mewtwo and any other pokemon-No
Snake-No
Mii-probably not
Falco-Maybe
Wolf-No
Metaknight-Yes
Ike-No
Pac-man-Maybe
King K. Rool-No
Captain Falcon-Yes
Wario-Yes
Ness-Yes
Lucas-No
Ganondorf-Probably
Ridley-Most likely a boss
Mr. Game and Watch-Yes

And add a space or two for a surprise new character.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Master of sharp things!

The Balloon Fight stage from the direct is today's image:

Sakurai says you can warp around from one end of the stage to the other, much like the original game (and as seen in the direct). He doesn't mention if it counts as a KO if you get blasted off that way though, so it's possible that you can end up flying through the stage repeatedly at high percentages. Also, it has the lightning clouds from the game that I don't think were in the direct footage, so that's another possible stage hazard there.

On a different note, I'd like to bring up something I've been thinking about lately; usually Nintendo only makes exclusive directs for titles that are near completion and/or close to release date, then lays off on revealing any major news until just before the release to show off commercials and gameplay trailers. Given that we know the 3DS version is coming out this summer, and the fact that since the direct Sakurai has only expanded on things we saw in it, how likely would it be that we won't be getting any new characters until the game releases?

Of course, that brings up several other factors. E3 comes before summer, but that would likely be where we would get the final pre-game trailer, and maybe even an in-store demo like they did with the games last year. 29 also seems a rather large number for a starting roster as well, so maybe some of them are quick adventure unlocks or something. This has some weight to it, as there were characters in previous games that were announced beforehand but still needed to be unlocked. But taking all that into account, would you be satisfied if the characters we know of (or some of them, at least) were our confirmed starting roster?

Gettin' Old!

Danchat wrote:
Sakurai knows what he's doing. They're going to make sure Little Mac isn't OP on Final Destination.

That roster is 100% fake, but we know that. From Game Xplain, they made some guesses backed up by evidence. Here's what they came up with:
Chrom-Probably
Palutena-Probably
Ice Climbers-Yes
Jigglypuff-Yes
Snake-No
Mii-probably not
Falco-Maybe
Wolf-No
Metaknight-Yes
Ike-No
Pac-man-Maybe
King K. Rool-No
Captain Falcon-Yes
Wario-Yes
Ness-Yes
Lucas-No
Ganondorf-Probably
Mr. Game and Watch-Yes

Snake > Palutena and most of that roster.

He will be missed.

Though about Ice Climbers, I thought they were having too many tech issues with them. :ron:

Starting Roster right now is ok...needs Cap. Falcon to complete it for me though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Danchat wrote:

Chrom-Probably
Palutena-Probably
Ice Climbers-Yes
Jigglypuff-Yes
Snake-No
Mii-probably not
Falco-Maybe
Wolf-No
Metaknight-Yes
Ike-No
Pac-man-Maybe
King K. Rool-No
Captain Falcon-Yes
Wario-Yes
Ness-Yes
Lucas-No
Ganondorf-Probably
Mr. Game and Watch-Yes

Speaking of Little Mac and Final Destination, I almost get the impression that he was designed with that very concept in mind; Meta Knight was largely considered imba due to his unparallelled recovery. By removing that as a factor, it'll be much easier (and more interesting) to balance things out. Well, that's just the feeling I got.

Aye, I doubt they'll cut anyone from the original twelve, and seeing as Ike's most recent game is seven years old (I feel old) and didn't sell anywhere near as much as Awakening, I believe Chrom - or at least someone from Awakening - is a much more likely candidate. Naturally this is all speculation and the three Lords can co-exist, but for some reason (read: Roy) I don't think so.

I hope they'll cut the psuedo-clones. Speaking of psuedo, after seeing that trophy in the Nintendo Direct, I'm much less ready to write Palutena off completely.

Nearly all of the updates this week have been a barren wasteland... Though I guess it's probably for the best in order to not get burnt out before the game releases (like with Smash Dojo detailing EVERYTHING). It'll probably be E3 when any other major news on the game surfaces (except maybe a certain veteran on Mother's Day...)
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

Gettin' Old!

Javadoze wrote:
Nearly all of the updates this week have been a barren wasteland... Though I guess it's probably for the best in order to not get burnt out before the game releases (like with Smash Dojo detailing EVERYTHING). It'll probably be E3 when any other major news on the game surfaces (except maybe a certain veteran on Mother's Day...)

I kinda liked Smash Dojo, a little sad their own website isn't quite as detailed.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Javadoze wrote:

I kinda liked Smash Dojo, a little sad their own website isn't quite as detailed.

I loved Smash Dojo. Back in the day, I'd come home from school and check the Dojo everyday to see what was new. The only bad thing was that EVERYTHING was spoiled on that website. I'm kinda hoping Sakurai doesn't reveal secret fighters and stuff this time around.

1000% Knight

Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Javadoze wrote:

I loved Smash Dojo. Back in the day, I'd come home from school and check the Dojo everyday to see what was new. The only bad thing was that EVERYTHING was spoiled on that website. I'm kinda hoping Sakurai doesn't reveal secret fighters and stuff this time around.

Well, the only unlockables revealed on the Dojo before the Japanese release were Snake and Sonic.

Oh, I was always spoiling myself with Smash Bros Dojo too (and I didn't even have a Wii). I'm a little sad we don't have such a website for SSB 3DS/U.
I'm really excited for this game. I think I'll buy it day one... And I'll buy each version (yey, nintendo fangirl!). And I'll buy a Wii U just for it (no I'm lying, there is Bayonetta and the Wonderfull 101 too, but I'm going to wait for SSB).

Gettin' Old!

Kaiwatt wrote:
Oh, I was always spoiling myself with Smash Bros Dojo too (and I didn't even have a Wii). I'm a little sad we don't have such a website for SSB 3DS/U.
I'm really excited for this game. I think I'll buy it day one... And I'll buy each version (yey, nintendo fangirl!). And I'll buy a Wii U just for it (no I'm lying, there is Bayonetta and the Wonderfull 101 too, but I'm going to wait for SSB).

Yeah I think I might end up getting both versions too, the way they say most of the stages are unique to one mode or the other makes it sound most appealing to me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gardevoir lover

I assume we already have confirmed secret characters, like Luigi and the Pokemon.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Master of sharp things!

So Sakurai posted this on Miiverse, then deleted the post. Not sure why (too early?), but here's the image;

So tethers are back, and it looks like they're much longer than they used to be. And more than one person can tether a ledge at the same time as well.

Well, maybe it's a bug they didn't correct ? That seems strange that 2 people can do that at the same time, that strips us of a killing way.

I'm glad the tethers are able to reach longer; I rarely use them in Brawl.

As for there being two, it's more than likely that only one can grap the ledge, just like it's been in previous installments. The slower one will be left hanging, if you'll pardon the pun.

Gettin' Old!

Yeah maybe Samus' tether hasn't fully connected in that one?

Otherwise there goes Edgehogging. I'd sort of forgotten this was even an option it worked so rarely in Brawl.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Master of sharp things!

Turns out Sakurai reposted the image at the normal time, so it was most likely a case of just being too early.

Kaiwatt wrote:
Well, maybe it's a bug they didn't correct ? That seems strange that 2 people can do that at the same time, that strips us of a killing way.

They changed the way grabbing ledges works in this game, so Sakurai already changed the way we'd have to go about edge grabbing to kill opponents. It goes something like this:

One character can trump the other's grab and steal the ledge. Your air time during recovery plus your current damage percentage determines how long your edge invincibility lasts while hanging on an edge, but once that term of invincibility ends, you can be bumped off by another player grabbing on.

In other words, players will have to take into account both the damage of the opponent and how long it takes them to get back before trying to edge guard them to death.

Thane wrote:
I'm glad the tethers are able to reach longer; I rarely use them in Brawl.

As for there being two, it's more than likely that only one can grap the ledge, just like it's been in previous installments. The slower one will be left hanging, if you'll pardon the pun.

I never really used tethers, either. I was always either too far away or too slow on the draw, or a combination of both. This makes them look a lot better, at least.

For the tethers themselves, if I'm interpreting Sakurai's post correctly, both characters can grab on with their personal lines, but the players still follow the edge grabbing rules once they try to get back to the stage. He doesn't directly mention the tethers themselves following that, though, just the characters.

Pierre wrote:
Yeah maybe Samus' tether hasn't fully connected in that one?

Otherwise there goes Edgehogging. I'd sort of forgotten this was even an option it worked so rarely in Brawl.

We've known for a while that edgehogging wasn't going to be the same. This is something of an expansion on that. It doesn't kill edgehogging entirely, just changes it up. Whether that's necessarily a good thing or not remains to be seen. The fanbase has been fairly split on it, from what I've noticed.

EDIT: Big E3 news from Nintendo today concerning Smash Bros., it's been announced that Nintendo's going to host their first official Smash tournament during E3 in Los Angeles, CA this year. It's invitation only, unfortunately, but that's still a pretty big step for them.

Also announced is Smash-Fest @ Best Buy, where Best Buy stores across the country will be hosting playable demos of the Wii U version during E3, and even doing small tournaments too.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

You know, I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but one thing I do miss from these updates that Brawl did a lot of are the music updates. I don't know about you guys, but I'm just as anxious, if not more, to know what kind of music they're going to be putting into this game as I am with the characters and stages. Perhaps, I'm probably just hoping for some good Kid Icarus: Uprising music myself.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Oh yes, I'm looking forward to the Kid Icarus: Uprising soundtrack! Just listen to the song that plays when they talk about Pit in the Smash Direct. Absolutely brilliant.

Punch-Out seems to have some good music as well. Definitely looking forward to that.

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
You know, I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but one thing I do miss from these updates that Brawl did a lot of are the music updates. I don't know about you guys, but I'm just as anxious, if not more, to know what kind of music they're going to be putting into this game as I am with the characters and stages. Perhaps, I'm probably just hoping for some good Kid Icarus: Uprising music myself.

The Music updates were pretty damn exciting too, I remember listening to the Fire emblem choral version on the dojo over and over.
I guess they are just letting us have more surprises.

It's a little shame they can't implement the music features as fully in the 3DS version, I was pretty stoked when I'd be brawlin and a CD popped up somewhere mid-match.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The King of All

Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

The Music updates were pretty damn exciting too, I remember listening to the Fire emblem choral version on the dojo over and over.

It's a little shame they can't implement the music features as fully in the 3DS version, I was pretty stoked when I'd be brawlin and a CD popped up somewhere mid-match.

When was it said that there wouldn't be CDs in the 3DS version?

Gettin' Old!

Deadpool 9 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

When was it said that there wouldn't be CDs in the 3DS version?

Well...in fairness I don't think it has, but the 3DS version isn't going to have the "My Music" feature of Brawl. It's going to have two tracks per-stage like back in Meleé.

They could release a CD for the alternate tracks I suppose but you'd pick em all up mighty fast.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The King of All

Dagnabbit, the music in Brawl was one of my favorite things about the game, so seeing the 3DS version cut back is sad. :sadshoe:

Master of sharp things!

In case anyone missed my edit earlier (and some new info):

Nintendo's hosting their first official Smash Bros. tournament at E3. They invited 16 of the best Smash players in the world to participate in showing off Smash 4. It'll be streamed online live, so if you want a good idea of what the competitive game will be like, you won't want to miss it.

During E3, Best Buy stores across the U.S. will have playable demos of the Wii U version available to play.

Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

It's most likely a technical/memory issue, as uncompressed music files tend to take up a lot of space, and they don't have the luxury of the additional memory available on the home consoles. Though to be honest, I'd rather they limit the music selection instead of cutting something else to compensate for it.

At least it's been confirmed that the Wii U version has a more expanded My Music selection. I don't know if that includes the CDs too, but the music selection should be great nontheless.

Gettin' Old!

Man sad thing is the tournament will probably be horribly late and on American times but hell it's worth staying up for till I pass out.

When is E3?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 24 of 77 [ 3056 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 77  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station