Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 44 of 77[ 3056 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 77  Next

Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DSTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Well then enlighten me. I've never had much use out of it, a fair degree of my moves are disabled when it's active so I end up slowing down to launch it at someone rather pointlessly.

If I can't hit them well while it's active then it's not exactly useful.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

aka Ami <3

Pierre wrote:
genodragon1 wrote:

Pierre wrote:
Right my mechanical muscles are burning fought my way through all level 9 demo enemies as megaman. Time to move onto link.

Real shame that guy got conned sadly I've already given all my EU codes away. :sadshoe:

I found it difficult, but not "muscle burning".

Well yeah exaggerations run abound.

I think I've had a bit more luck with Leaf Shield, the real problem I have his Megaman's aerial down + A Hard Knuckle. Yes I love the impact and weighty feel of it when it connects but it comes out so slowly it doesn't give you any safety on landing :ron: Will almost certainly customise that with a better option if I can.

Actually, I'm fairly sure that only the B attacks are only customizeable. The rest is handled via equipment to determine strength/speed/defense modifiers and special powers (like extending the invincibility frames of super-guarding slightly).

Pierre wrote:
Well then enlighten me. I've never had much use out of it, a fair degree of my moves are disabled when it's active so I end up slowing down to launch it at someone rather pointlessly.

I think part of it is to punish people that need to come in close like Lil' Mac, making them flinch that small moment needed to hurt them back. As I've heard, it can also be used to bum rush an enemy, force the flinch, then combo with a grapple attack (sorta like Vanguards in Mass Effect). The Leaf Shield can probably block incoming projectiles, but I'll need to verify that before I can confidently say this statement.

EDIT: And it's great for edge-guarding. Actually got a KO on low damage by just standing on the edge and having the Leaf Shield active. It's great due to the lack of needing to predict the movements of the enemy.

Gardevoir lover

So i was playing a match on Smash 3DS against some competitive players, i had them on the ropes for most of the match surprisingly, i guess my practicing as Megaman payed off a bit.
But then in the last part of the match they gained an upper hand and caused us to go into sudden death.
I ended up losing the sudden death which caused the guy next to me to go all. "But you were the chosen one!"
...I'm having a fun day. :D

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

aka Ami <3

Welp, apparently coins don't transfer from demo to the English verison. =I

From the nintendo website:

Quote:
I didn't qualify for the Club Nintendo Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS special demo. Can I still get access to the early special demo?
No. If you didn't qualify, you will have to wait until the public demo is released on 9/19/14. Please visit the Nintendo eShop to download the demo. How to

When is the public demo releasing?
The public demo will be available for download in the Nintendo eShop beginning on 9/19/14. How to

When is the full game releasing?
The full game is releasing on 10/3/14 at retail and Nintendo eShop.

Can I play the demo online?
No. The demo can only be played with others through local play.

If I purchase the full version, can I keep my save data from the demo?
Save data from the demo is not compatible with the full version of the game and cannot be transferred.

How do I use the Coins I've earned in the demo?
Coins cannot be used in the demo version of the game, or transferred to the full version. They are just for fun.

What is the difference between the Club Nintendo special demo and the public demo?
The game content of the two demos is the same.
The difference is that the public demo can be launched from the HOME Menu a total of 30 times. The launch of the special demo is not limited.

Can the download code be redeemed in any Nintendo 3DS family system?
Yes. The download code can be redeemed in Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, and Nintendo 2DS. Please make sure that your system's region and NNID are set to US or Canada.

Does the demo qualify for Club Nintendo registration survey and coins?
No. Only the full version of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS qualifies for surveys and Coins.

Is there a limit to the number of times I can use the special demo?
The Club Nintendo special demo can be replayed as often as you want – there is no limit on the number of times it can be played.

If I have the demo, do I get the full version for free?
There will still be a cost to purchase the full version of the game.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS will be released on 10/3/14. You can either purchase a physical copy via retailers or a digital copy in the Nintendo eShop.

Can the download codes be redeemed outside of the US or Canada?
No. The download codes will only work for users in the US and Canada.

How many blocks of memory does the demo require?
The demo requires 1044 blocks of memory.

Gettin' Old!

"If I have the demo can I get the full version for free?"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :gant:
The nerve!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Gardevoir lover

Earlier today i played another match against a few competitive players and let me say, that was probably the most intense match of Smash bros i've had since summer of 2008.
Throughout the whole 2 minutes we were trying as hard as we could to not fall off the stage, by the end of it our HP was at the Red. My heart was beating so dang fast when i won the sudden death.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Ah thanks for that.

By the way has anyone found a decent use for Megaman's 'leaf storm' it seems appropriately terrible which is fitting as it was in it's original game...except that most of the bad moves from their original games have been reworked to be useful.

Quote:
Megaman's 'leaf storm' it seems appropriately terrible which is fitting as it was in it's original game

Quote:
'leaf storm' terrible as it was in it's original game

Quote:
'leaf storm' terrible

u wut m8

Well, after you experience Jewel Shield in MegaMan 9, nothing else can compare. Everything else is just garbage.

So, I'm a sap today and went ahead and pre-ordered both Smash games today. I really want that soundtrack...
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

1000% Knight

Unlocked all the stages and characters. The roster is fine; I think I would've liked a few more characters... but I also feel like I would've been content with the same roster, just with less fighters unlocked from the start. Also, there's one final empty square on the full stage select screen... You couldn't just make one more stage, Sakurai? ^^"
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Master of sharp things!

genodragon1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I think part of it is to punish people that need to come in close like Lil' Mac, making them flinch that small moment needed to hurt them back. As I've heard, it can also be used to bum rush an enemy, force the flinch, then combo with a grapple attack (sorta like Vanguards in Mass Effect). The Leaf Shield can probably block incoming projectiles, but I'll need to verify that before I can confidently say this statement.

EDIT: And it's great for edge-guarding. Actually got a KO on low damage by just standing on the edge and having the Leaf Shield active. It's great due to the lack of needing to predict the movements of the enemy.

The leaf shield is something of a protect and counter mechanic. Activate it and it protects you for a moment while you get into position for a follow-up, either shoot it for the flinch or get close enough for it to flinch while still on you, then counterattack.

A viable tactic is to get in the air, use the hard knuckle for the meteor smash and while the enemy is slamming into the ground, activating the leaf shield to either hit them for the flinch upon landing or even if they bounce back up, then follow up with a grapple or smash attack.

genodragon1 wrote:
Welp, apparently coins don't transfer from demo to the English verison. =I

Despite what the website says, Japanese players were rewarded in the full game with 500 coins for having the demo saved data in their system. I'm not sure if that's for both the special demo or the public one, but it's likely both. It wasn't a transfer though, just a bonus.

dullahan1 wrote:
So, I'm a sap today and went ahead and pre-ordered both Smash games today. I really want that soundtrack...

Yeah, the soundtrack is so good. And to think there's still more to come in the Wii U version, I can hardly wait.

Bad Player wrote:
Unlocked all the stages and characters. The roster is fine; I think I would've liked a few more characters... but I also feel like I would've been content with the same roster, just with less fighters unlocked from the start. Also, there's one final empty square on the full stage select screen... You couldn't just make one more stage, Sakurai? ^^"

I'm quite content with the roster, actually. It follows the pattern Sakurai has mostly gone with in adding an average of 12 - 14 character slots per game (between cutting and adding characters, of course), and it didn't include some of the more ridiculous rumored characters like the Chorus Kids and whatnot. And while I agree that more characters should've been unlockables, I have a feeling Sakurai did that to appeal more to the hardcore players. That's also likely why it hardly takes any time at all to unlock all the characters to begin with; what used to take over a thousand multiplayer matches in Brawl now takes about 250.

As for that empty square, it's been highly theorized that it ties in to the three empty spaces on the character select screen, either stuff to be unlocked when the Wii U version comes out or future DLC. I wouldn't mind either, though Nintendo hasn't really been big on the latter until just recently...

By the way, for anyone picking up the game the day it comes out, the pre-purchase survey is up on Club Nintendo, so you can earn an extra 10 coins if you register the game within a month of its release. And while somewhat unnecessary, Sakurai is still posting pics of the day on Miiverse.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I have two more U.S. codes to share if anyone wants them.

Sleeping is my life.

Since the launch day for the 3DS version is like, several weeks away, I think. So, I would ask for one of those codes. But even so, we don't know each other, alright? If you do gives me one of the codes, it would make me, a Super Smash Bros veteran player, very happy.

Um, I'm not sure what else to say about this.

Gettin' Old!

Y'see I think the Roster would be fine, if they didn't bring back pointless clones and kick out Snake. I freaking loved Snake he was super unique and super fun to play. To think they'd bring in Dark Pit or (and this REALLY sucks) Dr. Mario over him is just.....ugh questionable.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

迷探偵

I am probably having more fun with Mii Fighters than I should have
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Art Person

Ash wrote:

That's so cool! It just fits so well! :basil:

I've taken a liking to Villager a LOT in the demo version of the game. I like how you can pocket just about anything.

An Enigma Among Humans

I ASKED FOR ONE OF THOSE CODE THE FIRST TIME YOU MENTIONED THEM, ORCA!

1000% Knight

Ash wrote:

Did you make the Iwata mii, or is that a 'special' one you got somewhere? :o

迷探偵

You can't use the Special Miis for Mii Fighters; they don't up in the creation menu (I had one of Iwata actually). So I found a QR code for an identical Iwata somewhere.

This one is fun too!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ultimate Troll

My 3ds' circle pad is broken...
T-T

Is there any EU codes lying on the ground
Welcome.... to the velvet room...

ImageImage

Our friends in Paradiso are far too quiet...

High level play

SquareMelonBread wrote:
Is there any EU codes lying on the ground

I second this. Although waiting 3 days for the public demo is manageable from this point.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Ash wrote:

Man those custom Mii-Fighters are amazing!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

OK, I played the Super Smash Bros 3DS demo like a lot, so I feel that I should give my opinion on the characters' final smashes. And other things, that's for sure.

Mario: Same as always in Brawl. No problem with it.
Link: Oh boy, same final smash... Hope he doesn't go after me (the human player) when he get the Final Smash Ball.
Mega Man: Seems alright for a newcomer like him. Nice to show the other Mega Mans.
Pikachu: Same as always in Brawl. But this time... it feels different. As in how fast Pikachu moves while he's using the Final Smash. Can someone please confirm this by checking to see if the speed is different in Brawl?
Villager: Seems like one of those hit-or-miss final smash (Kinda of like Captain Falcon's). You have to be really close and on the same plane as the fighter for it to work, otherwise it'll fail.

Only problem I have with the game is the controls. Sure, the game I played was on my 3DS. However, it's a little difficult to get used to the controls. Overall, it seems like a fun game. Portable and all that.

An Enigma Among Humans

Ugh, these controls are SO slippery!

Fate Testarossa

Bad Player wrote:

Sakurai: *trollface*

Fate is made by クロス

Master of sharp things!

Mijumaru wrote:
I've taken a liking to Villager a LOT in the demo version of the game. I like how you can pocket just about anything.

Not only is it great for the move itself, but it can be used in other ways too. When the Villager uses the move on empty space, he has a few frames of invincibility. This can be exploited to avoid certain moves, particularly some final smashes. Link/Toon Link's in particular; using the pocket just as they fire the beam to connect will result in it going right through you. The timing has to be pretty good, though.

Lord Doitsu wrote:
I ASKED FOR ONE OF THOSE CODE THE FIRST TIME YOU MENTIONED THEM, ORCA!

Again, I'm sorry I didn't see your post. To be fair, it was at the very bottom of that page. But in any case, my bad. :sadshoe:

Ash wrote:
You can't use the Special Miis for Mii Fighters; they don't up in the creation menu (I had one of Iwata actually). So I found a QR code for an identical Iwata somewhere.

Actually, moving the special Miis to the Mii Maker removes their special status (i.e. their shiny pants, plaza level, etc) and makes them regular Miis, allowing them to be used in the game. Granted not a lot of people like losing that status...

BlueAttorney4ever wrote:
Only problem I have with the game is the controls. Sure, the game I played was on my 3DS. However, it's a little difficult to get used to the controls. Overall, it seems like a fun game. Portable and all that.

Well, you can customize the controls in the final game, to an extent. You can swap the buttons, and toggle on/off the use of "up to jump" on the circle pad. Maybe playing around with those will help. I'm definitely turning the latter off, that seems to mess me up more than anything.

Gardevoir lover

Ash wrote:

This one is fun too!

I'm totally going to do that when i get the full game. :edgey:

This week i've hijacked the same guys open Smash room. He doesn't seem to kind however.

Master of sharp things!

Sakurai mentioned why the Ice Climbers weren't included in his Famitsu column this week. He says while they got them working in the Wii U version, the processing power of the 3DS wasn't strong enough to get them working in that version, so they were cut. He also says that the fact they aren't going to be getting a new game in their series was also a considerable factor in not putting more priority in getting them into the game.

Gardevoir lover

I can believe the excuse that they don't have new games being the reason, but i honestly don't believe that the 3DS couldn't handle them.

An Enigma Among Humans

Really liking Link right now, which is funny, because I didn't like Link very much in Brawl.

Master of sharp things!

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I can believe the excuse that they don't have new games being the reason, but i honestly don't believe that the 3DS couldn't handle them.

At first I thought it was a bit of a stretch as well, especially considering Rosalina & Luma, but I've come to see it as such:

The Ice Climbers have worked in previous titles as one human/CPU player and an identical CPU copying it with a very slight delay in button inputs. Therefore, one has to consider that each Ice Climber team is actually two characters in one; One or two pairs of Ice Climbers is probably fine, but remember that the system has to render up to four pairs at once, combined with any active effects, stage movements, music and the like without too much slowdown. Rosalina & Luma are in comparison paired in identical movements that always link them together, so it's a rather simple effect compared to the Ice Climbers that move together but can become independent, especially when they get out of sync with each other.

Imagine if four Ice Climber players got their partners desynced, it'd be like having four players and four CPUs running around all at once. Maybe the New 3DS can handle that, but it might be too much for the older models. At least, that's my guess.

1000% Knight

Lord Doitsu wrote:
Really liking Link right now, which is funny, because I didn't like Link very much in Brawl.

Just wait for the full version, he has a really cool costume that isn't in the demo ;)

Pierre wrote:

I can't speak for Smash Bros but Leaf Shield in MM2 was amazing
Not Metal Blade amazing because what is Metal Blade amazing?
But you know

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Sakurai mentioned why the Ice Climbers weren't included in his Famitsu column this week. He says while they got them working in the Wii U version, the processing power of the 3DS wasn't strong enough to get them working in that version, so they were cut. He also says that the fact they aren't going to be getting a new game in their series was also a considerable factor in not putting more priority in getting them into the game.

>ice climbers cut from sb4 for no new games in the future
>ness in every sb
>mother 4 confirmed

An Enigma Among Humans

Well, the demo has done it's job. I really want to play the real game now. Mostly to figure out the controls, but also because it is fun.

Gardevoir lover

Everybody at Uni has the smash demo.
It's like a convention out there and i love it.

An Enigma Among Humans

Ice Climbers cut from release?!?! WHAT THE FUCK!

Gardevoir lover

:gant-clap: :gant-clap: :gant-clap:
I just went through what's probably the funniest thing i've seen in Smash bros.
I was charging the megabuster with the Villager just standing right in front of me in hi's idle animation, then right when the buster was fully charged and about to hit him, he turns over to face me still in hi's idle animation. I feel as though he thought: "Oh dear."

Fate Testarossa

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

At first I thought it was a bit of a stretch as well, especially considering Rosalina & Luma, but I've come to see it as such:

The Ice Climbers have worked in previous titles as one human/CPU player and an identical CPU copying it with a very slight delay in button inputs. Therefore, one has to consider that each Ice Climber team is actually two characters in one; One or two pairs of Ice Climbers is probably fine, but remember that the system has to render up to four pairs at once, combined with any active effects, stage movements, music and the like without too much slowdown. Rosalina & Luma are in comparison paired in identical movements that always link them together, so it's a rather simple effect compared to the Ice Climbers that move together but can become independent, especially when they get out of sync with each other.

Imagine if four Ice Climber players got their partners desynced, it'd be like having four players and four CPUs running around all at once. Maybe the New 3DS can handle that, but it might be too much for the older models. At least, that's my guess.

In addition, Luna's AI is a lot less advanced than the Ice Climber's AI. I remember hearing somewhere that the Gamecube was already struggling with battles with four Ice Climbers on it.

Fate is made by クロス

迷探偵

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Ash wrote:

Actually, moving the special Miis to the Mii Maker removes their special status (i.e. their shiny pants, plaza level, etc) and makes them regular Miis, allowing them to be used in the game. Granted not a lot of people like losing that status.

Actually, I had already sent the special Iwata to the Mii Maker (by accident) before, which is how I noticed you can't use Special Miis. He's not selectable in the Mii Fighter creation menu; his space stays blank (it might be different for actually streetpassed Special Miis; this Iwata was sent to the 3DS).

Master of sharp things!

kwando1313 wrote:
In addition, Luna's AI is a lot less advanced than the Ice Climber's AI. I remember hearing somewhere that the Gamecube was already struggling with battles with four Ice Climbers on it.

I do recall there being some frame rate issues with matches like that. Sometimes even Brawl slowed a bit too, though not so much as to make the game unplayable or anything.

Ash wrote:
Actually, I had already sent the special Iwata to the Mii Maker (by accident) before, which is how I noticed you can't use Special Miis. He's not selectable in the Mii Fighter creation menu; his space stays blank (it might be different for actually streetpassed Special Miis; this Iwata was sent to the 3DS).

Oh? I could've sworn that was the workaround to make the special Miis accessible, at least with other games that use them. Not sure if there are any additional steps though, like making a copy of the Mii or sending them back to the plaza or something. Or maybe Nintendo fixed that and I just never noticed.

Fate Testarossa

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
kwando1313 wrote:

I do recall there being some frame rate issues with matches like that. Sometimes even Brawl slowed a bit too, though not so much as to make the game unplayable or anything.

Well, the thing about the 3DS is that it's probably a slightly less powerful version of te GameCube... So that to me spells trouble for that type of computational power... Which explains why they got cut.

Fate is made by クロス

Gardevoir lover

I'm terrible playing as the Villager when i play alone, in multiplayer she's my best character... What the sense make?

I pretty much drove my brother's friend insane after winning a few matches straight as the Villager. It was amazing.

Master of sharp things!

Here's a returning stage for the Wii U version, the Fire Emblem-based Castle Siege:

I really liked this one in Brawl, so I'm glad it makes a return. I wonder if it'll get an omega form as well.
Page 44 of 77 [ 3056 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 77  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station