Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 73 of 77[ 3056 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next

Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DSTopic%20Title

I've felt worse.

I can do a 3DS match for at least the next hour.
Edit:Nevermind, the Wi-fi speed where I am isn't reliable enough.
Edit 2: Ignore first edit.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Last edited by tiger_festival on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
I can do a 3DS match for at least the next hour.

What's your name on it?

I can 3DS but not Wii U until the end of the hour so that's fine.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

Username is "Tristan." Let's see if it doesn't disconnect this tine.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

Room is up
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

That's three wins to Pierre's... something more than three.
I have to admit,that hothead directly after my final smash was some crazy level of scheming/luck.

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
That's three wins to Pierre's... something more than three.
I have to admit,that hothead directly after my final smash was some crazy level of scheming/luck.

Hohohoho ALL SCHEMING! partially

Though yeah, you see a hothead that huge...on a stage where it can just go round and round...

Grabbing it is practically to assure your own safety. Though it was some good fights xP kicking myself for some of my sloppy deaths.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Real Human Being

We still gonna play?

Gettin' Old!

DoMaya Blackquill wrote:
We still gonna play?

I'm already waiting...just messing around with My Music.

Did your text thing fail?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gettin' Old!

Uwaaahh DoMaya has unprecedented amounts of game.

That or I'm unused to playing on the WiiU, everything moves so much faster there. He's definitely skilled for sure.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Real Human Being

You were good as Sonic, it was fun playing with you.

Gardevoir lover

Me and some friends were playing Smash Bros 3D earlier.
It was fun, finally managed to win some games here for the first time ever! My heart was pounding and i was sweating immensely but i actually beat them for once! :D

The last match we had today ended with one of them being a little ticked off at how i was playing (I was using my Megaman.EXE mii that only has projectile attacks and i was marked as being a camper as a result). It didn't end in an arguement though, some of them just had other stuff to do and only had time for one match, kind of worried the guy won't let me join again.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

The Real Human Being

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Me and some friends were playing Smash Bros 3D earlier.
It was fun, finally managed to win some games here for the first time ever! My heart was pounding and i was sweating immensely but i actually beat them for once! :D

The last match we had today ended with one of them being a little ticked off at how i was playing (I was using my Megaman.EXE mii that only has projectile attacks and i was marked as being a camper as a result). It didn't end in an arguement though, some of them just had other stuff to do and only had time for one match, kind of worried the guy won't let me join again.

If they can't deal with someone spamming they shouldn't be playing seriously, the only time it bugs ME is when the person I'm fighting doesn't go for the spammer.

I feel like it's a 2 v 1 at that point, but if he's good enough to put the other player between you and him, OR know how to attack you while dodging the other guy then he might see how full of shit he is.

Gettin' Old!

Its why I dislike it when folks take 3 player matches seriously. Its too easy to become the victim of circumstance if you are caught between them and too easy for one person to hide away from the fighting while the others die.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Great Revival

I'll play some Wii U, competitive would be preferable.

Master of sharp things!

We're getting a Super Mario Maker stage for both versions.

I wonder what the omega version will look like...

Great Revival

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
We're getting a Super Mario Maker stage for both versions.

I wonder what the omega version will look like...

I'm not sure how to feel about that...it's one thing having stage hazards (Let's face it, this probably will) but random ones every time? That'd probably annoy even people who don't play competitively

Great Revival

The Smash Fighter Ballot is ending in about 8 days! If you haven't voted already, I recommend you do.
I voted for Edgeworth and Nick, as well as Rayman.

Gardevoir lover

I voted for Layton, Prince Fluff and Klonoa.
Layton for personal preference Prince Fluff because Kirby needs another representative and he would bring some variety and Klonoa because Namcobandai needs another character like Ryu and Megaman for Capcom.

Great Revival

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I voted for Layton, Prince Fluff and Klonoa.
Layton for personal preference Prince Fluff because Kirby needs another representative and he would bring some variety and Klonoa because Namcobandai needs another character like Ryu and Megaman for Capcom.

I really don't think Kirby needs another representative, but man, I loved Epic Yarn, I'd be fine with him joining the fight.
And I would love Klonoa, why didn't I vote for him? :meekins:

Call me James

Just popping in to talk about the patch that happened.

Some dudes did some data-mining, and after finding the two stage places that have already been released (Mario Maker and the Pirate Ship) they found this beauty (if it's true).

Three character places. Not just one for the ballot, but apparently three DLC characters.

Thoughts, amigos? Honestly, if this is true, I'd be happy with any one of them being either Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, or Solid Snake.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Gardevoir lover

Those three slots are totally Ridley Goku and Shrek.

Side not Happy anniversary Smash 4!

Gettin' Old!

Iiissaaaaac Issssaaaaac!

I kinda hope I don't get it spoiled for me. I like surprises and it was kinda a bummer knowing about Ryu and Roy beforehand
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Metal Mario, Baby Rosalina, and Pink Gold Peach.

Oh wait... wrong game.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Great Revival

Pierre wrote:
I kinda hope I don't get it spoiled for me. I like surprises and it was kinda a bummer knowing about Ryu and Roy beforehand

They're being more careful this time, I noticed.

Does anyone wanna play some with me? My internet's not been that good recently, so excuse me if it cuts out for long periods of time mid game.

Call me James

Got some info to share and stuff to talk about in general. First is the rumour. Probably won't happen but it's been said that the character portraits are 40 x 44 (at least when the 3DS is concerned). Some guy actually shaved away part of them so the portraits are 40 x 40 and after that, there's actually room for six characters. What I mean by this is that if we add six DLC characters, the 3DS character menu will form a complete rectangle. Which looks a lot more visually appealing than what we have, plus three. Granted, it's not like I totally believe this, but Sakurai and co. do love to think about the character menus and such, so it's just something to consider.

Also, was playing last night. For Glory, dude. Just. Wow. Some people are ridiculous. Was facing a Lucas. Nothing crazy. But then we get into the match. All the guy does is stand by the edge and wait for me to engage him. Then, everytime, he tries to grab me or use Pk fire, then grab. I can sort of understand if I was playing a heavy or someone with super armour. Keeping your distance, spacing them. But my main is Mr. Game and Watch AKA one of the lightest characters in the game. And all he did was stand by the edge and wait. It's like...are you here to even play?

Same goes to some people that play Lucario. Been up against quite a few in a short span of time, interestingly. And their main tactic is run and use aura projectile. If I even seem like I'm getting close, mash dat down special counter, bro.

I know this is a minority seeing as I do face some great players (even using the characters above), but sometimes For Glory just makes me wonder "Is this guy for real?" :Hoboright:

Great Revival

Speaking of which, I felt bored so I thought I'd play scrubby as all hell (I like to think I'm usually decent/good though) and then somehow in my first match I got someone even scrubbier, so we had a scrub...off.
Then after I purposefully stuffed up my recovery he starts going "HA!_NOOB" "LEARN2PLAY" "GIT GUD"
And to make sure I am the most scrubby, I had to defend myself with insults!
...It...was actually kind of fun.
But I do feel dirty for doing it.
Also, does anyone here main Ryu? I'm thinking of picking him up as a secondary or maybe even main.

Call me James

Depending on if I've won, if anyone says anything angry, I've got a back-up "SALT" for 'em. I don't really have any other ones other than my name, "GG", and such.

I...kinda play Ryu on the side. I'm terrible with him, though. Mainly just use a select few, honestly. Mr. Game and Watch, Ganondorf, Roy, Little Mac. In that order.

Great Revival

My mains are
Roy: He's fast and has some dangerous combos, superior to Marth and Lucina in ALMOST every way.
Marth: He's faster than Roy and also can be dangerous if you have someone who can use him.
Ganon: He's not really a main as much as a secondary, but since I mained him in PM and Brawl, I'll count him as a main still.
Lucas: I just like him. He feels right. Also, he's really good at walling and spacing opponents out.
Secondaries:
Luigi: He has arguably the best combos in the game, AND he's the best Mario Brother.
Captain Falcon: He's fun and one of my go to characters when I'm going for style.
Link: A very hard character to use, I'm still getting the hang of his bomb combos actually. I shall not spam. :edgeworth:

The Real Human Being

>playing For Glory
>Was just learning Ryu so I was playing real technical
>keep beating the person
>he eventually picks Baby Bowser
>Beats me while I'm Ryu
>He talks shit
>I keep playing
>No matter who I pick I can't get around his horseshit clowncar combo
>try to counter
>he explodes the car
>try to air fight him
>his bullshit hammer has 3 frames all of which deal shit tons of damage with no fucking windup
>Try to ground fight him
>Koopa Mechs up the ass

Great Revival

DoMaya Blackquill wrote:
>playing For Glory
>Was just learning Ryu so I was playing real technical
>keep beating the person
>he eventually picks Baby Bowser
>Beats me while I'm Ryu
>He talks shit
>I keep playing
>No matter who I pick I can't get around his horseshit clowncar combo
>try to counter
>he explodes the car
>try to air fight him
>his bullshit hammer has 3 frames all of which deal shit tons of damage with no fucking windup
>Try to ground fight him
>Koopa Mechs up the ass

There are some good counters against Bowser Jr. Mainly fast characters with good aerials.

Great Revival

Do you guys have any strategies for getting custom moves?

High level play

Oliver wrote:
Also, does anyone here main Ryu? I'm thinking of picking him up as a secondary or maybe even main.

Although Marth is my main, Ryu is my 2nd character (or Sheik, depending on my mood). Anything you wanted to ask about him?

Oliver wrote:
Roy: He's fast and has some dangerous combos, superior to Marth and Lucina in ALMOST every way.

Image Know your place plebeian. If you think Roy is better than Marth then you clearly don't know how to use him properly.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Great Revival

Sjibbey wrote:
Oliver wrote:

Although Marth is my main, Ryu is my 2nd character (or Sheik, depending on my mood). Anything you wanted to ask about him?

Help with the inputs, any decent ways to kill, (Ryu has lots of trouble with kills beyond smash attacks and shoryuken) and ways to rack up damage/combos, if you don't mind.
I'm thinking of picking him up as a main.

Sjibbey wrote:
Oliver wrote:

Image Know your place plebeian. If you think Roy is better than Marth then you clearly don't know how to use him properly.

Almost every way. Almost. Plus, I main Marth too. He's so fabulous, also AZ.

Gettin' Old!

I don't know Sir jibbey. I was checking him on the wiki.

Seems a few people are willing to label him as the best or one of the best sword wielders out there. Perhaps when he's Evo legal we'll see Martha dethroned in tournaments.

My trouble with Roy is his neutral jab. Its got such a tiny range I can't count the amount of times I've ran up and whiffed the hairs on someone's nose because I expected to be within hitting range.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Great Revival

Pierre wrote:
My trouble with Roy is his neutral jab. Its got such a tiny range I can't count the amount of times I've ran up and whiffed the hairs on someone's nose because I expected to be within hitting range.

Ah, I mainly use his jab for early combos, out of shield, or if I mess up a grab.

I think Marth is a good character and better than Roy if you know what you're doing and can actually do a tipper. His biggest flaw though is a lack of combos and his reliance on punishing.

High level play

Oliver wrote:
Help with the inputs, any decent ways to kill, (Ryu has lots of trouble with kills beyond smash attacks and shoryuken) and ways to rack up damage/combos, if you don't mind.
I'm thinking of picking him up as a main.

Aside from the smashes I mainly use 2 strategies to get a kill with Ryu.
1: If you see the opponent charge an attack which is only 1 hit (like their smash attack) IMMEDIATELY jump right into that stuff and start charging your focus attack (down special). You'll 100% cripple the opponent and if you cancel the focus animation at the end with dashing (Focus Attack --> Dash Cancel) you'll always can connect your shoryuken (up special) which is a decent kill move.
2: Since Ryu has 2 moves which help him recover (up and side special) you can chase opponents when you push them of a ledge. Even when you spend your 2nd jump for an attack you should be able to recover properly. Both his down air and forward air attack are excellent tools to finish of the opponent.
3: His back-air move is also ridiculous. A great killing tool.

Also try to use his direct inputs when the risk is relatively low.
Image.
This makes the move a little bit stronger and you'll recover faster, meaning the opponent has less time to punish your move. This input can be a bit finnicky though, so don't use them in situations where it can costs you the match. A good exemple to use such a move is after you connect a focus attack. Go for the direct input shoryuken to do more damage and kill at lower percentages.

Pierre wrote:
I don't know Sir jibbey. I was checking him on the wiki.

Seems a few people are willing to label him as the best or one of the best sword wielders out there. Perhaps when he's Evo legal we'll see Martha dethroned in tournaments.

To me the only real advantages that Roy has are 2 things: he does big damage and has more easy options to combo at low % when he grabs someone. This is advantageous for low and middle level play (just like Little Mac IMHO), but if your sweet spot is at grabbing range then you'll have a hard time when playing the neutral game. On for Glory you can land a solid smash to secure victory, but hoping to connect a random smash won't fly against opponent who know what they are doing. Since Marth has great recovery he has more options to also play the aerial battle.
At least that's my personal opinion. When you look online it seems people prefer Roy over Marth
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Great Revival

As I said before, Marth can be much better than Roy... If the person using him knows what they're doing.

And Roy, of course, is a fast faller, so that's a bad thing.

Gettin' Old!

Oliver wrote:
As I said before, Marth can be much better than Roy... If the person using him knows what they're doing.

And Roy, of course, is a fast faller, so that's a bad thing.

Unless you are being launched up.
His extra weight and fast falling gives him better resistance to being smashed off the roof.

Also I hear Roy is faster in general and has more combo potential.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Great Revival

Pierre wrote:

He has better combo potential, but only at low percents.
And actually Marth is slightly faster.

Gettin' Old!

Oliver wrote:
Pierre wrote:

He has better combo potential, but only at low percents.
And actually Marth is slightly faster.

Pfft it doesn't matter in the end.

CAUSE MARTH DON'T WIELD HIS SWORD IN A SICK BACKHAND STYLE OR WEAR A COOL BANDANA! ALSO IS HIS SWORD ON FIRE? ROY'S IS!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 73 of 77 [ 3056 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station