Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 75 of 77[ 3056 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next

Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DSTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Lol, the salt is so real. People actually saying they hate Europe for voting for Bayonetta instead of presumably their chosen ballot character.

Fucking manchildren, how do they work? :gymshoe:

Why is it Europe's fault? XP Did they reveal ballot demographics or something. I'm disappointed my guy Isaac didn't get in but hey this is suitably interesting and out of left field to be OK.

But Corrin though....
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
The hell is Corrin?

Corrin and bayonetta for ballot winners?

Must be a whole load of sections of the internet out there calling for then because I don't recall hearing anyone call loudly for them.

Bayonetta I have no problem with, but Corrin is a whole different story. It astounds me that people would rather have another FE character in Smash instead of someone completely different. :pft:

Call me James

Pierre wrote:
Professor Yoshi wrote:
Lol, the salt is so real. People actually saying they hate Europe for voting for Bayonetta instead of presumably their chosen ballot character.

Fucking manchildren, how do they work? :gymshoe:

Why is it Europe's fault? XP Did they reveal ballot demographics or something. I'm disappointed my guy Isaac didn't get in but hey this is suitably interesting and out of left field to be OK.

But Corrin though....

She apparently was number 1 in Europe, and in the 2-10 range everywhere else. Not including, as they put it, "unreasonable characters". AKA GOKU.

So yeah, just blame Europe.

I...doubt I'll get Corrin. I love this game, but I'm not shelling out for another Fire Emblem character, especially one that is clearly just advertisement for the new FE game. Cloud and Bayonetta are good enough.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

I'm relishing the amount of salt I'm seeing. Fire Emblem and Bayonetta all the way.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Blak The Great wrote:
I'm relishing the amount of salt I'm seeing. Fire Emblem and Bayonetta all the way.

It's because they need to stop giving us Fire Emblem characters. The ones we have now are more than enough. They should have given us somebody new and innovating. Not another swordsman.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Chara wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:

It's because they need to stop giving us Fire Emblem characters. The ones we have now are more than enough. They should have given us somebody new and innovating. Not another swordsman.

Don't like 'em, don't buy 'em.
Stay salty.

Blak The Great wrote:
Chara wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:

Stay salty.

Oh i'm not supporting it. Also nice try in trying to be a troll. ^_^

Gettin' Old!

It's more I find the practice of advertising future games with characters in a 'fanservice' game distasteful and sleazy. I mean no one knows who or what Corrin is like? Corrin's fanbase will be limited at best when this came out. Sure there will be people stoked for Fire Emblem Fates but not especially for one character, as we don't know anything about said character.

Even then I'm bummed out that FE Fates is pulling a Pokemon and dividing itself into two games while making the character's choice of who to side with a big thing in marketing. Hell it says outright "Corrin CHOOSES to Smash" but arghlfrfierlnirfkle that's a problem I have with Fates and it's off topic. D I S G U S T I N G

But like I was saying, it seems sleazy to put something that's blatantly an ad in there. I felt the same back when Playstation Battle Royale came out. Sure I thought the PS had plenty of sources to draw from and use from their history...then they went and threw bloody NEW Dante in there, a character from a game that wasn't even out yet. It's just distasteful.

That's my main problem with it, the argument "Fire Emblem is saturating it" is a bit of a niggle but I wouldn't mind it so much if they just did...y'know...not a sword user for once.

@Chara, by putting the Panic Dance in their it makes me think your jimmies are rustled XD
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
It's more I find the practice of advertising future games with characters in a 'fanservice' game distasteful and sleazy. I mean no one knows who or what Corrin is like? Corrin's fanbase will be limited at best when this came out. Sure there will be people stoked for Fire Emblem Fates but not especially for one character, as we don't know anything about said character.

Even then I'm bummed out that FE Fates is pulling a Pokemon and dividing itself into two games while making the character's choice of who to side with a big thing in marketing. Hell it says outright "Corrin CHOOSES to Smash" but arghlfrfierlnirfkle that's a problem I have with Fates and it's off topic. D I S G U S T I N G

But like I was saying, it seems sleazy to put something that's blatantly an ad in there. I felt the same back when Playstation Battle Royale came out. Sure I thought the PS had plenty of sources to draw from and use from their history...then they went and threw bloody NEW Dante in there, a character from a game that wasn't even out yet. It's just distasteful.

That's my main problem with it, the argument "Fire Emblem is saturating it" is a bit of a niggle but I wouldn't mind it so much if they just did...y'know...not a sword user for once.

@Chara, by putting the Panic Dance in their it makes me think your jimmies are rustled XD

Pretty much just want them to put someone unique. Also no, I just love that dance so much xD

Gettin' Old!

Like Spears are pretty cool amirite? You can swish them and stab them, spin them and throw them. Ephraim would've worked.

But whatever, lets talk about other things.

So I just watched a video about Cloud's gameplay. It was my D&D night so I missed the direct and I'm catching up later.

A unique gauge mechanic for benefits without major drawbacks (like Mac's terrible airgame). Hm hm he could be fun and powerful. Finishing Touch especially sounds handy.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:

Hey man, that's like the same thing that happened in Melee. Roy was put in Melee BECAUSE his own game was coming out in Japan! The West didn't even have Fire Emblem and Sakurai-bro was all like, "Nah, is cool. Keep 'em." And here we are. 4 Fire Emblem characters stronger than what we were in 2001.

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Hey man, that's like the same thing that happened in Melee. Roy was put in Melee BECAUSE his own game was coming out in Japan! The West didn't even have Fire Emblem and Sakurai-bro was all like, "Nah, is cool. Keep 'em." And here we are. 4 Fire Emblem characters stronger than what we were in 2001.

Guess so, the difference there was Roy's game never came westwards so it never clicked that's what they did back then.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Real Human Being

>"WAAH, MY IRRELEVANT 20 YEAR OLD CHARACTER DIDN'T MAKE IT INTO SMASH WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

1000% Knight

Honestly, I just think that Fire Emblem is over-represented at this point. It has the second-most roster slots (tied with pokemon), it's the only franchise with 2 DLC characters, and it's the only already-existing franchise to get a brand-new DLC character. Meanwhile, we haven't gotten a new Zelda character since Melee. (Toon Link doesn't count, he's basically just Young Link.)

...Still, from the trailer, Corrin admittedly looks pretty cool.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I find it funny how Mario is represented by like 7 characters and yet, no one complains about that, saying there are too many Mario characters. Just sayin'. People are gonna be salty just to be salty.

DoMaya, Rolf clearly would have been a better choice than the Eds btw.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

1000% Knight

dullahan1 wrote:
I find it funny how Mario is represented by like 7 characters and yet, no one complains about that, saying there are too many Mario characters. Just sayin'. People are gonna be salty just to be salty.

Probably because Mario is the Nintendo franchise, whereas Fire Emblem doesn't quite exactly have the clout of franchises like Pokemon and Zelda.

Art Person

I'm SO HYPED for Bayonetta! I probably woke up the neighbourhood when I saw her XD
Kamui is OK... I like his attacks and the transformations look cool.

Gardevoir lover

I bought Cloud, kind of disappointed in how little he's represented, no Aerith, Tifa or Sephiroth trophy? Seriously? Or the lack of Mii fighter outfits. But i like playing as Cloud, he's a fun character, although seeing him alongside people like Villager and toon link feels Surreal.

dullahan1 wrote:

DoMaya, Rolf clearly would have been a better choice than the Eds btw.

That's because Mario IS Nintendo, Fire emblem is not.
Why does Fire emblem get 8 characters? Seriously why?

I'm gonna give Corin a chance, i mean it's a hot chick who is also a dragon, how is that not awesome? But i'm kind of tired of Fire emblem characters in Smash.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

An Enigma Among Humans

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

There was no hope for Snake the minute Konami started fucking Kojima over.

1000% Knight

We also don't need two Fox clones in the game, one is enough

Gardevoir lover

"This is a once in a lifetime chance Snake, now get out there and show them what your made of. No regrets."
Gonna miss you Snake.

Never cared for Wolf though.

Blak The Great wrote:
Stay salty.

It's not as simple a case as "don't like 'em, don't buy 'em." People are upset because Corrin got chosen over another character. We don't know who that character was (though in everybody's mind it was probably their personal top choice) but FE is waaaaaaaaaaay overrepresented in Smash

----------

The entire ballot was bullshit anyway. Not that I blame Nintendo for picking who they wanted because if some obscure barely-Nintendo character was number one, they'd have to jump through hoops to get that character in rather than just use one they already have complete control of. Additionally, they'd have to completely ignore the joke 4chan characters like Cory Baxter

I'm more mad at Nintendo for pretending the ballot mattered at all. It's painfully obvious that they've had certain characters in mind for DLC from the beginning and were just hoping that the people the fans wanted coincided with the characters that Nintendo chose. Maybe Nintendo had like 9 characters in mind for DLC and they just used the ballot to determine the most popular 7. And no, I haven't seen the ballot, but I don't think it's a stretch to think that the 7 DLC characters we have were the top 7 of the fans (even the hardcore FE fans wanted someone other than Corrin...)

I'm excited for Bayonetta and Corrin does look cool, I guess, just an overall uninspired choice to me. Are sword-wielding characters easier to balance or something?

I knew Phoenix was a pipe dream (though it would've been awesome if Sakurai said "And that's all our DLC" before getting cut out by an "Objection!") but at least he would've been different (hell, Shovel Knight was a also a good choice). I'm sure Phoenix was big enough that he was at least discussed at a point so I'm not salty that he didn't get in, just a little deflated from being hype-slain

Sakurai fucked himself the most with the ballot, though. Making a large, rabid, and mostly irrational fanbase think they have a say in the game and then not giving all of them what they want will just make them hate him forever

JesusMonroe wrote:
Sakurai fucked himself the most with the ballot, though. Making a large, rabid, and mostly irrational fanbase think they have a say in the game and then not giving all of them what they want will just make them hate him forever

Idk, I think a lot of people have gotten over the MML3 bullshit by now which was a lot worse than this

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

Idk, I think a lot of people have gotten over the MML3 bullshit by now which was a lot worse than this

Yeah but a lot of people haven't. Also even amongst those who are fine with that now...hell even those who didn't care much either way the whole incident has caused a general meme to circulate. The idea that Capcom doesn't know how to handle Megaman and has done wrong by him.

Even if the emotional outrage dies away people will still look at Sakurai and shake their head disapprovingly if they think Corrin's inclusion was a poor choice.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

They should give us one more DLC character (coughphoenixcough) just because 7 characters look awkward in the array on the official site

Gardevoir lover

You know i think Bayonetta might be the first guest character to not have made an appearance in a fighting game before.
Snake: Dream mix
Sonic: Sonic Battle
Megaman: Marvel vs Capcom
Pacman: Street fighter X Tekken
Ryu: Do i even have to say it
Cloud: Dissidia

Gettin' Old!

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
You know i think Bayonetta might be the first guest character to not have made an appearance in a fighting game before.

If Dissidia counts then Bayonetta appeared in Anarchy Reigns.

Also what the hell is Dream mix?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Why wouldn't Dissidia count as a fighting game?

Cloud was also in that PS1 fighter, Ehrgeiz or something.

Gardevoir lover

Pierre wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

If Dissidia counts then Bayonetta appeared in Anarchy Reigns.

Also what the hell is Dream mix?

Isn't Anarchy reigns a beat em up?

Anyway Dream Mix is a smash clone on the Gamecube that came out in Japan a bit after Melee did and it has one of the best character rosters ever.

Snake
Simon Belmont
Bomberman
Master Higgins
Tyson (Beyblade)
Optimus Prime
Megatron and others.

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Why wouldn't Dissidia count as a fighting game?

Cloud was also in that PS1 fighter, Ehrgeiz or something.

It doesn't share what I would say is many mechanics of traditional fighting games.

There's not exactly a combo system for most characters, its almost tactical actually I would say.

Anarchy Reigns I guess would be considered a beat em up, lines get blurry for those. If it was a one on one match in the training room would it be a fighting game then?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Enigma

*is still upset about my precious Isaac not getting in...sob*

I'm...actually excited for these two characters though. Especially Bayonetta. Her amiibo is going to be awesome!
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

An Enigma Among Humans

Spoiler: Congragulations

Gardevoir lover

The Sora and Layton part hurt me.

Gettin' Old!

Isaac's head fits almost perfectly I think.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Lord Doitsu wrote:
Spoiler: Congragulations

So... are the movies going to retcon all this? *sarcasm*
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

Anyone fancy a little Smash or Mario Kart on boxing day for some fun? Get the title Christmas King/Queen of CR?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gardevoir lover

I'm planning on playing Smash on Christmas day, that days a milestone for me because 10 years ago i first started playing smash when my mom got me a gamecube and Melee with it, so it's the 10 year anniversary of when i first started playing.

Gettin' Old!

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I'm planning on playing Smash on Christmas day, that days a milestone for me because 10 years ago i first started playing smash when my mom got me a gamecube and Melee with it, so it's the 10 year anniversary of when i first started playing.

Aww that's really sweet. I remember playing a tonne of melee when it was out. What ya playing on? I'll try and give ya a few rounds if my brother doesn't hog it too much
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Master of sharp things!

Before I get to responding to you guys, I just have one thing to say; It's fine to joke around and all, but simply replying to someone's negative opinion by calling them "salty" with no context is about as close to, if not outright trolling as you can get. I'm not saying you can't do so for fun, but if you're going to do that I advise you to at least state why they shouldn't feel that way, otherwise you just look like a jerk. That is all.

Bad Player wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Probably because Mario is the Nintendo franchise, whereas Fire Emblem doesn't quite exactly have the clout of franchises like Pokemon and Zelda.

Given how Awakening became not only the best selling FE game in the west, but did really well in Japan and the UK as well, I don't think it would be a stretch to say that this has earned the series at least some clout in its representation. Not in a nostalgic sense, like Mario, Zelda, etc., but given how well the series has done as a whole since its inclusion in Melee, as well as the fact that it has had a continuous stint of releases since its first title (unlike F-Zero, for example), it kind of makes sense that it's gotten a bigger focus.

And let's be honest, if the roster was based on clout alone, it would probably be like 90% Mario and Zelda characters.

JesusMonroe wrote:
It's not as simple a case as "don't like 'em, don't buy 'em." People are upset because Corrin got chosen over another character. We don't know who that character was (though in everybody's mind it was probably their personal top choice) but FE is waaaaaaaaaaay overrepresented in Smash

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion, but as all the DLC for smash was developed after the main game was completed, it's more than likely that if Corrin wasn't created afterwards, we'd just have one less DLC character in the game. There's really no evidence to suggest otherwise, either in the game files or in interviews online.

JesusMonroe wrote:
The entire ballot was bullshit anyway. Not that I blame Nintendo for picking who they wanted because if some obscure barely-Nintendo character was number one, they'd have to jump through hoops to get that character in rather than just use one they already have complete control of. Additionally, they'd have to completely ignore the joke 4chan characters like Cory Baxter

I'm more mad at Nintendo for pretending the ballot mattered at all. It's painfully obvious that they've had certain characters in mind for DLC from the beginning and were just hoping that the people the fans wanted coincided with the characters that Nintendo chose. Maybe Nintendo had like 9 characters in mind for DLC and they just used the ballot to determine the most popular 7. And no, I haven't seen the ballot, but I don't think it's a stretch to think that the 7 DLC characters we have were the top 7 of the fans (even the hardcore FE fans wanted someone other than Corrin...)

From Nintendo's own website, it clearly states the ballot was for the inclusion of one character to the roster. It would be a rather big stretch to say they just developed a bunch of DLC characters on the off chance one of them would win the ballot, that would be a huge waste of resources if none of them turned out to be the winner. If you really want to get technical, it's possible they saw the way the poll was going and started work on Bayonetta before the deadline, but to develop her six months ahead of time on a whim is kind of silly, especially if Platinum Games objected to her inclusion down the line.

As for Corrin in this regard, Sakurai stated in the direct that he and his team were looking to include someone from FE: Fates in the game, and chose Corrin for it, so that was definitely a separate decision from the ballot.

JesusMonroe wrote:

As I said, the ballot was always for one character. Therefore, no matter what, disappointment among some was always going to be inevitable. Whether the fans like Sakurai's choices is one thing, but twisting the intentions of the ballot beyond what it was actually for is another matter entirely.

Pierre wrote:
Anyone fancy a little Smash or Mario Kart on boxing day for some fun? Get the title Christmas King/Queen of CR?

I'd be down for that. Gotta sharpen those Cloud skills at some point... no pun intended. :godot:
Page 75 of 77 [ 3056 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station