Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 77[ 3056 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 77  Next

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DSTopic%20Title

Master of sharp things!

We have a topic for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but I didn't see anything in particular for this game. I think a new topic is appropriate, given the new trailer. I'll update this post as news comes in.

Release window:

3DS version: September 13th (jp), October 3rd (us)
Wii U version: December 6th (jp), November 21st (us)

The trailer.
The Website (with screenshots).

As of the most recent edit of this post, 38 starting characters have been revealed.

Returning Characters (in order of reveal):
Mario
Link
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Bowser
Pikachu
Samus
Fox
Pit
Pikmin & Olimar
Luigi
Peach
Toon Link
Sonic
Marth
Zelda
King Dedede
Lucario
Diddy Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Sheik
Yoshi
Charizard (without the Pokémon Trainer)
Ike
Captain Falcon
Meta Knight

New Characters:
Villager (Animal Crossing)
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina & Luma
Little Mac
Greninja
Mii (three varieties, Brawler, Swordfighter, Gunner)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Pac-Man
Lucina (Fire Emblem)
Robin (Fire Emblem)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Weekday updates are presented on the Smash Bros Miiverse community, much like the Dojo for Brawl.

So, what do you guys think? Who do you want to see on the roster, both new and returning? Stages? Items? All discussion is welcome. :godot:

EDIT: The CR Friend Code master list:

Spoiler: the list
    Sjibbey - 0001-3418-4696

SquareMelonBread - 3609-1420-5088

Klonoahedgehog - 0473-8495-5298

GyakutenFanatic - 2363-5994-6338

Alonso Swift - 4768-8787-4996

Blademaster_Orca - 2964-8577-8750

sumguy28 - 0044-3312-8020

Professor Yoshi - 1821-9102-0977

BlueAttorney4ever - 0748-2403-4462

Bad Player - 5327-2106-0213

Mijumaru - 1289-8236-6502

General Luigi - 2595-0935-0709

Pierre - 5215-1326-5870

DoMaya - 4382-1976-1809

Lord Doitsu - 4656-7300-0182

Thane - 2423-3268-3669

Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DSTopic%20Title

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
We have a topic for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but I didn't see anything in particular for this game. I think a new topic is appropriate, given the new trailer.

The trailer.
The Website (with screenshots).

Returning Characters:
Mario
Link
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Bowser
Pikachu
Samus
Fox
Pit

New Characters:
Villager (Animal Crossing)
Mega Man

They'll be doing the dojo again this time, too.

So, what do you guys think? Who do you want to see on the roster, both new and returning? Stages? Items? All discussion is welcome.

I'd love to believe that having Capcom's Mega Man could mean something AA related in the game, but that's just wishful thinking.

The game is looking great so far. I wonder how different the two versions will be.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Awesome! I was going to make the same thread as well, but I got lazy. Fire Emblem has to be represented again especially since Awakening came out. I'd also like to move away from third party characters as much as possible. Well unless it's either AA or Tales then I'm fine. Don't really want Tekken in my Smash.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Fate Testarossa

I want to see Marth and Yoshi. That is all I really care about.

Fate is made by クロス

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Aside from the obvious Marth whom I'm sure will be representing Fire Emblem, I'd personally love to see Chrom from Awakening. It would only make sense and I love his character. Possibly Palutena from Kid Icarus too if they can make that happen.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

I wanna say Little Mac since we got a glimpse at a boxing ring in the trailer.

State Alchemist

MEGAMAAAAAN!!! :ron-jazz: :ron-jazz: :ron-jazz:

After all the crap he's gone through since 2011, it's so good to see the blue bomber back in action!

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gnobo wrote:

After all the crap he's gone through since 2011, it's so good to see the blue bomber back in action!

Details regarding his absence are greatly exaggerated.

State Alchemist

Blak The Great wrote:
Gnobo wrote:

Perhaps.

But I'm just happy to see him again after 3 cancellations since Mega Man Universe.

I'm really hoping for Ghirahim from Skyward Sword to appear.
He could have a summon Bokoblin minions attack, fight with his fists, Down-B could result in him summoning his swords and attacking that way (Similar to Zelda turning Sheik via Down-B and changing her attacks), his Final Smash could involve him turning into his Chocolate Form and beating the crap out of the opponents, his grab move could be using his tongue (Kinda like Yoshi) and his taunt could include Flipping his hair, Dintegrating his cape and Licking his lips.

As for that picture, that looks like Twilight Princess Link to me. Does that mean they won't update the Link and Zelda (and Ganondorf if he isn't shafted) designs to Skyward Sword, the way they did for OoT Melee to TP Brawl? Then again I suppose that would implement the idea that Ganondorf = Demise instead of the idea that every villain in the Zelda Games is simply an incarnation of Demise's hatred, rather than the guy himself.
Actually, get rid of Ganondorf and put Ghirahim in his stead.
Ganondorf was a powerhouse, but he was amongst the clunkiest characters to control.

As for any other character I hope to include... not really. I guess they could bring in Daisy and take away the Daisy-Color Alternative for Peach and give Daisy some kicking or punchin attacks, to show her tomboyishness compared to Peach's.... butt attacks, I guess.

C-A

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

CatMuto wrote:
Ganondorf was a powerhouse, but he was amongst the clunkiest characters to control.

Not to mention that Ganondorf was a much slower version of Captain Falcon. Honestly, get rid of all the clone characters. No point in having 3 Star Fox characters who do all the same moves with slight variations in their execution.

Master of sharp things!

Blak The Great wrote:
Awesome! I was going to make the same thread as well, but I got lazy. Fire Emblem has to be represented again especially since Awakening came out. I'd also like to move away from third party characters as much as possible. Well unless it's either AA or Tales then I'm fine. Don't really want Tekken in my Smash.

I'm not that crazy about too many third party characters myself, but if any more are going to be included, I'd like them to bring back Sonic. If only because of the current crossover rivalry between Sonic and Mega Man in their Archie comic books going on now. The promotion for SSB would practically write itself.

Blak The Great wrote:
I wanna say Little Mac since we got a glimpse at a boxing ring in the trailer.

Given his comback in popularity, in no small part to Punch-Out for the Wii, I could actually see it this time. I still think he's a little too "realistic" to really fit in with Smash Bros., though.

Gnobo wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
Gnobo wrote:

Perhaps.

But I'm just happy to see him again after 3 cancellations since Mega Man Universe.

It's kind of funny that two characters that are both poorly treated by their respective companies are not only better used by Nintendo, but are having a crossover in a different medium at the same time. Sega and Capcom could really learn something from Nintendo about how to treat their fanbases.

CatMuto wrote:
As for that picture, that looks like Twilight Princess Link to me. Does that mean they won't update the Link and Zelda (and Ganondorf if he isn't shafted) designs to Skyward Sword, the way they did for OoT Melee to TP Brawl? Then again I suppose that would implement the idea that Ganondorf = Demise instead of the idea that every villain in the Zelda Games is simply an incarnation of Demise's hatred, rather than the guy himself.

As for any other character I hope to include... not really. I guess they could bring in Daisy and take away the Daisy-Color Alternative for Peach and give Daisy some kicking or punchin attacks, to show her tomboyishness compared to Peach's.... butt attacks, I guess.

C-A

I read somewhere (maybe on the old Dojo?) that the Link used in the SSB series isn't specifically one link from a specific game, but a representation of the series as a whole. Thus, they had regular Link to represent the traditional Zeldas and Toon Link for the stylized entries. That isn't to say they'll have a different Link to represent Skyward Sword, but it should be mentioned that the Zelda stage seen in the trailer (at about 1:13) is based off of Skyloft from Skyward Sword, so maybe they can make his SS look an alternate outfit or something.

As for Daisy, I do like that idea, but she hasn't really been segmented enough from just being a slightly more bland copy of Peach. Maybe if they based her attacks off of all the spin-offs she's been featured in, but I think Waluigi might fit that better.

Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!

Calling it now, Animal Crossing Villager's going to be the most OP fighter in the game.

Master of sharp things!

Ok, I totally didn't expect this - the newest revealed character for SSB is... Wii Fit Trainer.

Hylian100 wrote:
Calling it now, Animal Crossing Villager's going to be the most OP fighter in the game.

OP or not, I'm glad Animal Crossing finally gets a proper representative that we can play as. I've been expecting this guy since Brawl.

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Ok, I totally didn't expect this - the newest revealed character for SSB is... Wii Fit Trainer.

Bloody hell, it makes no sense, and works somehow. That final smash...

Still hoping to see who's representing the Fire Nation Emblem cast this time round.

And can I please, please, please get some Xenoblade characters somehow? It's too much to ask, isn't it?

Master of sharp things!

Here is the Nintendo Developer Direct for SSB. It has great gameplay for the returning and new characters, but here's the rundown;

- The playable characters in the 3DS version are highlighted and stylized to make them easier to see from far away.
- Both versions of the game have the same number of characters and stages, but the Wii U version has stages based on console games while the 3DS version has stages mostly based on handheld games.
- The Wii U version uses primary colors to better make use of the HD visuals, and visual effects were added to attacks to highlight the quick movements in battle.
- Samus is now based on her design from Other M. Pit is now modelled after the version from Kid Icarus: Uprising, and uses some of the weapons in that game in his new moves.
- The Villager uses Animal Crossing items in most of his attacks, including an umbrella, slingshot, bug net, a shovel and more. His animations are quick and make great combos. His greatest attack is the "pocket"; he can pick up anything, from a capsule to Samus's charge shot, put it away, then pull it out and use it whenever he wants.
- Mega Man uses his Mega Buster and the abilities of the bosses from his games to attack. He can use Rush to spring up high, and strategically use his vast powers together to make cool combos.
- The Wii Fit Trainer moves with grace, with her battle style based off of the fitness exercises from her games. She has a habit if spouting health tips while battling. Her final smash is called Wii Fit, and creates lots of flying copies of her in several yoga poses.
- Finally, a Miiverse community for the game has been launched, where Sakurai himself will be making updates straight from his desk.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Oh my god. Nothing can contain my hype for this game. Wii Fit trainer as a character? That's just brilliantly absurd! I can't believe I was only gone for like an hour and we already have a new character on our hands.
Anything's possible now!

How long til people complain about Wii Fit Trainer? Or were they already complaining, because they don't get that Smash Bros is meant to be batshit insane?
Right, who are we guessing is returning? Ever since Melee, can't have Smash Bros without Captain Falcon. Certainly be a few Pokémon, some from X&Y perhaps?
And given the success of Awakening, I'd say Chrom would be a pretty safe bet for a newcomer. Though there's plenty of other FE characters that could represent. Perhaps Sothe or Micaiah.

TO HELL WITH YOU, CROM CHROM!

Obligatory tiny text for absurd wishes of Xenoblade characters. Which will never happen, but a man can dream, dammit!

Last edited by Hylian100 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hylian100 wrote:
How long til people complain about Wii Fit Trainer? Or were they already complaining, because they don't get that Smash Bros is meant to be batshit insane?
Right, who are we guessing is returning? Ever since Melee, can't have Smash Bros without Captain Falcon. Certainly be a few Pokémon, some from X&Y perhaps?
And given the success of Awakening, I'd say Chrom would be a pretty safe bet for a newcomer. Though there's plenty of other FE characters that could represent. Perhaps Sothe or Micaiah.

TO HELL WITH YOU, KROM CHROM!

Obligatory tiny text for absurd wishes of Xenoblade characters. Which will never happen, but a man can dream, dammit!

I think most of the people upset aren't upset that the Wii Trainer is in the game but rather that Nintendo annouced out of the blue at e3 this morning that they would have a special surprise that people should stick around for. People thought it could be all sorts of stuff from new SSB characters to a brand new Metroid game. So when they waited on the show floor for an hour and it was revealed that it was the Wii fit trainer, people felt like it wasn't a big enough announcement to warrant making a huge deal out of. I have to agree to be honest; it would have made much more sense to introduce Villager and Wii Fit Trainer this morning in the direct and then bring out Mega Man as a huge surprise.

I would imagine anyone both in Brawl and Melee will be there. Sonic and Snake are most likely gone. Maybe some of the Pokemon will no longer be present.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

I personally wouldn't really want to see more Pokemon. I was unimpressed by Pokemon Trainer and Lucario. Saw some guy on Youtube comments complaining about Wii Fit Trainer and the fact that Sakurai said there wouldn't be as many newcomers, so has that been said somewhere that I'm unaware of?

Edit: Okay that was said about a year ago. http://www.examiner.com/article/sakurai-new-smash-bros-to-focus-on-quality-over-quantity

Blak The Great wrote:
I personally wouldn't really want to see more Pokemon. I was unimpressed by Pokemon Trainer and Lucario. Saw some guy on Youtube comments complaining about Wii Fit Trainer and the fact that Sakurai said there wouldn't be as many newcomers, so has that been said somewhere that I'm unaware of?

Edit: Okay that was said about a year ago. http://www.examiner.com/article/sakurai-new-smash-bros-to-focus-on-quality-over-quantity

My guess is we'd see two more new characters.

Fate Testarossa

Maybe I'm against the grain for most of you guys... But I actually like the Wii Fit Girl Trainer. I think that she's quite hilarious as a character.

Fate is made by クロス

kwando wrote:
Maybe I'm against the grain for most of you guys... But I actually like the Wii Fit Girl Trainer. I think that she's quite hilarious as a character.

I think she's a fine character. She's not any more ridiculous than when they included Mr. Game and Watch. At least for me the only irritation was that Nintendo decided the reveal of her character (Or any character reveal actually) was worth making a massive deal out of.

Fate Testarossa

Well, Megaman's reveal is something that's worth making a big deal out of, I think. xP

Also, Sakurai's brief talk about Smash. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ#!

Fate is made by クロス

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

kwando wrote:
Well, Megaman's reveal is something that's worth making a big deal out of, I think. xP

Also, Sakurai's brief talk about Smash. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ#!

MM would've definitely gotten more hype, but it's all irrelephant now. Both characters are in the game, so everybody that has a problem with the decision making can all leave if they're not having fun.

Blak The Great wrote:
kwando wrote:

MM would've definitely gotten more hype, but it's all irrelephant now. Both characters are in the game, so everybody that has a problem with the decision making can all leave if they're not having fun.

Don't get me wrong, It's not an issue! I was just explaining that the reactions towards Wii Fit Lady weren't actually directed at her.

I remember when it was first announced there was supposed to be some form of connectivity between the Wii U and 3DS versions. Has Nintendo elaborated on that recently or are the two versions totally separate?

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

ADA McCoy wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
kwando wrote:

Don't get me wrong, It's not an issue! I was just explaining that the reactions towards Wii Fit Lady weren't actually directed at her.

I remember when it was first announced there was supposed to be some form of connectivity between the Wii U and 3DS versions. Has Nintendo elaborated on that recently or are the two versions totally separate?

Wasn't aiming at you ADA. Well I guess it did come off as a bit more aggressive than I'd liked, but most Wii Fit Lady reactions I've seen ARE directed at her.

Also just to get some more hype have some leak speculation. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996. Some guy's prediction for the Roster Lineup on Neogaf made a good 2 days before the reveal. Notice how he guessed 3/6 of the characters, he even got WFT right. This guy MAY know something.

Blak The Great wrote:
Wasn't aiming at you ADA. Well I guess it did come off as a bit more aggressive than I'd liked, but most Wii Fit Lady reactions I've seen ARE directed at her.

Also just to get some more hype have some leak speculation. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996. Some guy's prediction for the Roster Lineup on Neogaf made a good 2 days before the reveal. Notice how he guessed 3/6 of the characters, he even got WFT right. This guy MAY know something.

No worries. That's disappointing if people are actually upset about the character.

Getting Pac Man into smash bros would be amazing.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pac-man would be awesome, then the potential of having 4 reigning mascot characters would be possible. I'm thoroughly excited for a possible Little Mac reveal. JOIN CLUB NINTENDO TODAY! I LIKE CHOCOLATE!

Blak The Great wrote:
Pac-man would be awesome, then the potential of having 4 reigning mascot characters would be possible. I'm thoroughly excited for a possible Little Mac reveal. JOIN CLUB NINTENDO TODAY! I LIKE CHOCOLATE!

I actually don't know who Little Mac is.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

ADA McCoy wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:

Main character from Punch Out!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Love Mega Man, of course. Never was much of one for Animal Crossing, so I'm neutral on Villager. Wii Fit Trainer is absolutely hilarious, I love it.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Blak The Great wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:

Main character from Punch Out!

Oh Wow! I remember Punch Out! I had assumed the bit about chocolate and Club Nintendo was a quote from the character, but I don't think they had Club Nintendo then. Was there a more recent Punch Out game?

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

His Coach, Doc Louis, used to make silly quotes in the NES game like, "Join Nintendo Fun Club today" and in the new Punch Out game for the Wii he says "Join Nintendo Fu- I mean Club Nintendo today!"

Blak The Great wrote:
His Coach, Doc Louis, used to make silly quotes in the NES game like, "Join Nintendo Fun Club today" and in the new Punch Out game for the Wii he says "Join Nintendo Fu- I mean Club Nintendo today!"

Ah I see. Was Mike Tyson in the new one?

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Nope he wasn't.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Blak The Great wrote:
Nope he wasn't.

Replaced with returning character Mr. Sandman.

So we're missing Luigi, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Ness, Yoshi... And the rest is pretty much up for the debate.

My roster guesses/predictions/oracles I'm 100% sure will happen:

Pac-Man
Mii
Little Mac
Chrom

And the ones I'm not too sure of:

Awakened Forme Mewtwo
Palutena
Ghirahim
Bayonetta

And the ones will not happen, yet a-man-can-dream:

Rayman
Professor Layton
Phoenix Wright
Tom Nook

迷探偵

It would be nice if Protagonist (+ Ayumi) of Famicom Tantei Club could make it into the roster, a bit like Phoenix/Maya in MvC3. Not going to happen though :/
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Newcomers I'd want to see:

Shulk
From Kid Icarus:
-Magnus
-Palutena

Shulk

Fire Emblem:
-Sothe
-Chrom
-Marth (Awakening version)
-Donnel
-Nephenee

Shulk

Miscellaneous others:
-Little Mac
-Mii (probably a given, like some others here)
-Shulk
-Rosalina
-Ricky Winterborn
-The Swordslinger from Red Steel 2
-Krystal

Shulk

Now for the ones that'll never happen, but would be brilliant:
-Amaterasu
-Some form of hunter from Monster Hunter
-Jack Cayman
-Travis Touchdown
-Alex Roivas
-A farmer from Harvest Moon
-Boba Fett
-Bayonetta
-(Holy aliteration,)Batman
-Saki (Sin and Punishment)
-Alucard, and Alucard
-Shulk
-Shantae
-Death/War, of the Darksiders variety.
-The entire head staff of Nintendo.

Did I mention Shulk?

I'll be back later with more crazy thoughts for characters, no doubt.

Characters that would be at least a little plausible if they appeared (Although they most likely won't)

Skyward Sword-era Impa (Young one) (The Legend of Zelda)
Apollo Justice (Post-Explosion Big Boss version)
Meryl Silverburgh (Metal Gear Solid)
The Nintendo Power Glove (Well they put ROB into brawl, so what about other peripherals?)

Now for the ones that will never be in the game, even in the mirror universe:
Denny Crane (Boston Legal)
The monster from "Cloverfield"
The guy at e3 who screamed "PEGGLE 2!"
A Walrus (Not from anything, I just think there should be a walrus in SSB)
The guy who narrates "Classic Game Room"
Bryan Williams from NBC Nightly News
London Mayor Boris Johnson
The Playstation 4
Page 1 of 77 [ 3056 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 77  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station