Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 41 of 77[ 3056 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 77  Next

Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DSTopic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Bad Player wrote:
There are plenty of characters that aren't from fighting games, that's no reason Layton couldn't be in SSB. (Although he's 3rd party, isn't he? I think he'd be a weird choice for the few 3rd party character slots that there are.)

Well, this wouldn't be the first time a character from a mystery game makes it into a fighting game, but I doubt it'll happen anyway. PLvsAA has already come out in the US, much later than for Europe and Australia, so the timing for promoting him as another 3rd party character is a little off. There's no problem with post-release promotion, but it just seems odd that they'd wait for so long.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Gettin' Old!

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
There are plenty of characters that aren't from fighting games, that's no reason Layton couldn't be in SSB. (Although he's 3rd party, isn't he? I think he'd be a weird choice for the few 3rd party character slots that there are.)

Well, this wouldn't be the first time a character from a mystery game makes it into a fighting game, but I doubt it'll happen anyway. PLvsAA has already come out in the US, much later than for Europe and Australia, so the timing for promoting him as another 3rd party character is a little off. There's no problem with post-release promotion, but it just seems odd that they'd wait for so long.

I can just see him getting smashed off screen now. It's not really his thing to go "AAAAAHH" though so I just imagine a simple "Goodness!" and then he's done.

Still after Shulk and the other stuff I guess I'm kinda convinced the leak is the genuine and we've got all the content. I'm disappointed about Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr and I suppose they haven't been confirmed but I'm not holding my breath at this point for a Layton or any surprise announcements.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
However Villager isn't exactly a combatant character, they make him/her fight well enough.

Yeah but the villager has the excuse that in Animal Crossing you tend to have axes in the game.

C-A

Well he can easily MacGyver anything into a weapon if he so chooses as he's so good at puzzles or whatever the in game reason is. In Unwound future, he did make a make-shift gun out of a slot machine. He's got good fencing skills and if he were to have weapons, I'd just imagine it'd be something along the lines of some kind of make-shift weapons that he's bringing to the fight that he went and made from junk lying around his office.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

The Real Human Being

Pierre wrote:
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

I can just see him getting smashed off screen now. It's not really his thing to go "AAAAAHH" though so I just imagine a simple "Goodness!" and then he's done.

Still after Shulk and the other stuff I guess I'm kinda convinced the leak is the genuine and we've got all the content. I'm disappointed about Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr and I suppose they haven't been confirmed but I'm not holding my breath at this point for a Layton or any surprise announcements.

The one who leaked it on /v/ said the full character roster wasn't unlocked in that copy of the game
just saying.

Gettin' Old!

Hmmm I guess there's hope yet then.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Call me James

I figured that was the case, since it was mentioned that All-Star mode was apparently not unlocked. Moar characters are waiting in the wings, it seems.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Master of sharp things!

This might be a first, where an assist trophy also appears in a final smash:

Riki appears as a combatant in Shulk's final smash as well as an assist trophy on his own. As an AT he uses arts from Xenoblade like Happy Happy, Freezinate, and Yoink. And while Sakurai thinks this makes him sound like Tingle, he assures us that he will return as an AT as well.

Also, summoned ATs now have a cursor over them to identify who they're aiding.

Gettin' Old!

Seems a special offer allowing you to snag the Soundtrack has come to light.

If you register both Wii U and 3DS versions of the game with Club Nintendo you apparently can pick up the Soundtrack as a gift from them.
Just in case, I checked, the same deal is available on the American site as well.

Also of interest the American site has a tag to pre-order but the UK one doesn't, how peculiar.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

The King of All

Unfortunately, due to the new picture of the day, it seems like our big leak has been hit by a fatal flaw.

The All Stars mode was revealed today, and Sakurai said you can play it despite an incomplete roster, contradicting what was said in the leak a few weeks ago (additional characters were theorized considering a picture of the All Star mode was locked).
The king of all, Sir Duke

Gettin' Old!

Sir Duke wrote:
Unfortunately, due to the new picture of the day, it seems like our big leak has been hit by a fatal flaw.

The All Stars mode was revealed today, and Sakurai said you can play it despite an incomplete roster, contradicting what was said in the leak a few weeks ago (additional characters were theorized considering a picture of the All Star mode was locked).

Well if it means more characters, fine by me, but to me it just says you need to unlock All Star mode some other way.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The King of All

Pierre wrote:
Sir Duke wrote:

Well if it means more characters, fine by me, but to me it just says you need to unlock All Star mode some other way.

Did you see today's picture of the day? It said you could play it, but only against the characters you have. Also, it said you could play it "the moment you turn on the game."

Sir Duke wrote:

Um, isn't Sakurai also already well known to be kind of a troll, contradicting himself before revealing something? It's possible he's yanking chains again.

C-A

Master of sharp things!

Quite a bit to discuss today. First the PotD, which deals with alt costumes:

Previously characters were mostly limited between four to six color palettes. This time, everyone gets eight colors per character:

Samus's alt colors are based on her suits from various games, as well as the green alt that's been a staple in the Smash series. The Villager's alts vary between male and female and have several Animal Crossing faces and clothing designs, like these four we haven't seen before:

The music section of the official website was updated with two new songs, an Area Six/Missle Slipstream mix from Star Fox 64 and Command, respectively, and Wrath of the Reset Bomb from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

We also have our first commercial for the 3DS version, which actually does a fairly decent job of representing the game and who might play it. Right down to the self-destructing Pikachu player near the end.

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
We also have our first commercial for the 3DS version, which actually does a fairly decent job of representing the game and who might play it. Right down to the self-destructing Pikachu player near the end.

Damn thats too funny when everyone starts getting knocked out into the air xD

Gettin' Old!

Walter White wrote:
Blademaster_Orca wrote:

Does anyone know what that phrase is when people start flying everywhere...sounds like "Tomas!"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

Pierre wrote:
Walter White wrote:
Blademaster_Orca wrote:

Does anyone know what that phrase is when people start flying everywhere...sounds like "Tomas!"

It's futtobasu/ふっ飛ばす, which means "to smash something away"
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

The King of All

I really hope there's going to be DLC of some sort.

Sir Duke wrote:

Why?

C-A

1000% Knight

On one hand more content is nice, on the other hand I don't want to have to spend more money xD

aka Ami <3

Maybe the DLC smasher will be a mercedes benz. :godot:

Maybe the DLC could be Phoenix or layton :yogi:

Do you see the black one...or the white?

DLC will totally add a tripping option for those who miss Brawl's mechanics.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

The King of All

CatMuto wrote:
Sir Duke wrote:

Why?

C-A

I want extra content and continued support for the game after release.

Sir Duke wrote:

Well DLC doesn't automatically mean continued support for the game post-release.
And the other way around, lack of DLC doesn't mean the game won't be getting support after its release.
Also, I think you "only get to want" extra content out of the game once you have gotten everything, then you can complain about wanting more.

C-A

Speaking of post-release support: do you think it's likely that they'd balance a character if it proved to be broken?

Thane wrote:
Speaking of post-release support: do you think it's likely that they'd balance a character if it proved to be broken?

They didn't with Metaknight in Brawl. And Nintendo does, at times, release patches to fix or balance things.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Sir Duke wrote:

Well DLC doesn't automatically mean continued support for the game post-release.
And the other way around, lack of DLC doesn't mean the game won't be getting support after its release.
Also, I think you "only get to want" extra content out of the game once you have gotten everything, then you can complain about wanting more.

C-A

Nah I know if Phoenix Wright dlc came out and I hadn't unlocked everyone I'd probably go after it before I got everything else.

As for continued support it seems Nintendo is paying attention to its online community as it introduced a serious "for glory" online multiplayer support which suggests they are paying attention to competitive players so I reckon they'll keep an eye on things for a while.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:
Thane wrote:

They didn't with Metaknight in Brawl. And Nintendo does, at times, release patches to fix or balance things.

C-A

Well, I feel like the 3DS/Wii U is a bit more focused on online connectivity than the previous generation, so it's definitely possible. I know I have a couple of "V1.1" 3DS games. However, I think most patches have generally been made for bug-fixing rather than balancing, so it's possible Nintendo could do a patch like that, but questionable if they actually will...

1000% Knight

Demo is out on the (Japanese) eshop!

It's very limited. The only things you could were single-player and local multiplayer brawling (the latter of which I couldn't do for obvious reasons). The only characters available were Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager, and Megaman (each of which only had 4 costumes, which I hope is a demo thing), and the only stage was Battlefield, which could also be Final Destination-ified.

The entire revealed roster so far was on the character select screen--it's just that all the other ones were grayed out, so you couldn't see them. So it could very well be that that's the starting line-up. (Which seems a bit weird to me, since you'd get all third party characters from the start.)

It seemed like most if not all items were enabled. Got to see plenty of new items and whatnot. Laser guns seem to be a bit less overbearing, but the drill arm from kicarus is super-OP.

It feels very nice and fluid. It felt a good amount like Brawl to me, but don't go declaring the game as another failure in the franchise just yet because I'm going to say I'm a pretty bad judge of that. Controls will take some getting used to. Slide pad feels different from analog stick, R does what L/R used to do and L does what Z used to do, and I am not used to not using the c-stick for aerials. (Lookin' into trying to get a New 3DS for not-absurdly-expensive...) Grabs also feel a lot shorter; they'd often get away if I took the time to whack the guy just once.

Oh, and I randomly tried fighting 3 level-9 CPUs... and won :'D

aka Ami <3

Were you standing still?

1000% Knight

no i had to actually fight them :<

aka Ami <3

Bad Player wrote:

D= Rude. I remember the days when the optimal strategy was ALL LUIGI. CPU 9. NO ITEMS. SAFFRON CITY.

Master of sharp things!

Should've probably brought up the demo sooner, heh...

Yeah, the limited number of alt costumes is definitely due to it being a demo, as it was previously stated in a pic of the day that all the characters have 8 colors this time around. Those specific characters were likely chosen because they were among the first shown off for the game, two of which got their own trailers.

As for the greyed-out characters, this could very well be our starting lineup. Sakurai seems to be playing this game closer to the side of a regular fighting game, so it makes sense that he would have a lot of characters available right off the bat. The third party characters are included likely due to the backlash they got from Sonic being locked until you cleared the SSE in Brawl.

genodragon1 wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

D= Rude. I remember the days when the optimal strategy was ALL LUIGI. CPU 9. NO ITEMS. SAFFRON CITY.

It was a strategy due to an oversight, though. Most fighting games back then had CPU opponents programmed to be reactive rather than proactive, so they react to your actions rather than simply stay offensive altogether. This means that if you don't do anything, the computer can't react to your inactivity, causing the CPU to go haywire. Since most fighters have borders and flat stages, this would just result in the CPU jumping around or rolling back and fourth, but as Smash has no such limitations, suicide becomes their accidental goal. At least, that's the way I've come to understand it.

On a side note, I think it should be mentioned that with the game coming out in Japan on Saturday, there's bound to be a lot of false leaks and rumors going around. So if you suddenly see stuff like "OMFG YOU GUYZ RIDLEY CONFIRMED!" pop up, you might want to wait for some real evidence before believing it.

Also, the Nintendo Treehouse will be livestreaming 8 hours of gameplay of the final build of the 3DS version. It's likely going to be very similar to what they did at E3:

According to a follow up tweet, it starts at 1PM EST/10AM PST.

EDIT: One last thing, more music was added to the website.

aka Ami <3

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
genodragon1 wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

It was a strategy due to an oversight, though. Most fighting games back then had CPU opponents programmed to be reactive rather than proactive, so they react to your actions rather than simply stay offensive altogether. This means that if you don't do anything, the computer can't react to your inactivity, causing the CPU to go haywire. Since most fighters have borders and flat stages, this would just result in the CPU jumping around or rolling back and fourth, but as Smash has no such limitations, suicide becomes their accidental goal. At least, that's the way I've come to understand it.

I was just joking. When I saw that on youtube, I was quite surprised.

Quote:
On a side note, I think it should be mentioned that with the game coming out in Japan on Saturday, there's bound to be a lot of false leaks and rumors going around. So if you suddenly see stuff like "OMFG YOU GUYZ RIDLEY CONFIRMED!" pop up, you might want to wait for some real evidence before believing it.

I am skeptical of even the most tantalizing of "leaks", even the most recent one.

Quote:
Also, the Nintendo Treehouse will be livestreaming 8 hours of gameplay of the final build of the 3DS version. It's likely going to be very similar to what they did at E3:

According to a follow up tweet, it starts at 1PM EST/10AM PST.

EDIT: One last thing, more music was added to the website.

So, basically: wait until Friday until we start going EVERYONE CONFIRMED FOR SMASH? I can't wait, that is only an unreasonable short amount of time.

EDIT: Fixed tag.

迷探偵

Playing the 3DS demo now. Right now, my mortal enemy is muscle memory. The shoulder buttons...
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Well I've got a difficult exam on friday so I'm afraid I'll have killed myself of shame before the stream starts...

Seriously though, why do people keep harping on Brawl? I think both me and my friends and family preferred it to Melee, aside from the tripping mechanic. Besides, it looks like they'll remove not only that but also speed it up a bit for the Melee fans, correct?

Gettin' Old!

Thane wrote:
Well I've got a difficult exam on friday so I'm afraid I'll have killed myself of shame before the stream starts...

Seriously though, why do people keep harping on Brawl? I think both me and my friends and family preferred it to Melee, aside from the tripping mechanic. Besides, it looks like they'll remove not only that but also speed it up a bit for the Melee fans, correct?

I actually loved Brawl, it tweaked clones to make them more independent and introduced Final Smashes (which I love). Aside from throwing in Snake and Sonic too. I was more hyped for Brawl when it came out than this.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Call me James

Brawl was great, despite what people say (and tripping, of course). Don't really understand the hate, to be honest.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Gettin' Old!

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Brawl was great, despite what people say (and tripping, of course). Don't really understand the hate, to be honest.

My understanding was that it was the serious Smash players who complained because it ruined competitive play by adding in random chance.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I didn't mind Brawl... what I did mind was how long it took Zelda to switch to Sheik and vice-versa. Ruins my entire strategy of "Stun 'em with Sheik, then blast 'em with Zelda's magic very fast". Also, Subspace Emissary took too long.

C-A
Page 41 of 77 [ 3056 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 77  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station