Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 88 of 103[ 4090 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 103  Next

Re: Random conversations about GamesTopic%20Title

IIRC Team XIII (if you could even call them a team, more like a handful of angry people who barely tolerated each other's presence for most of the game) felt the Fal'cie (I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong but w/e) that gave them their focus was the evil one, not the government of Cocoon itself; they were just trying to survive after being cursed with suck. So they didn't have any reason to actually fight to bring the government down.

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
IIRC Team XIII (if you could even call them a team, more like a handful of angry people who barely tolerated each other's presence for most of the game) felt the Fal'cie (I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong but w/e) that gave them their focus was the evil one, not the government of Cocoon itself; they were just trying to survive after being cursed with suck. So they didn't have any reason to actually fight to bring the government down.

Talking about NORA.

Remember Snow himself comes from a civilian (not L'Cie) rebellion group working against the government for the Purges.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Talking about NORA.

Remember Snow himself comes from a civilian (not L'Cie) rebellion group working against the government for the Purges.

Purges? I thought the one at the beginning was the only one that was carried out. IIRC, the purging only started after the Fal'cie Anima (or Pulse but does it matter?) became active.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Talking about NORA.

Purges? I thought the one at the beginning was the only one that was carried out. IIRC, the purging only started after the Fal'cie Anima (or Pulse but does it matter?) became active.

I assumed it happened whenever L'Cie cropped up but it has been an extremely long time since I've played FFXIII.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

sumguy28 wrote:

Correct. The Purge was only done in Bodhum, because they realized that Pulse Fal'Cie Anima was active - up until then, it hadn't been. (And Sera was stupid and was like, "Duurrrr, I'll go into this strange thing that opened after never being open before". And she was admitted to Cocoon's best university.)

I believe NORA itself was more focused on righting minor wrongs... or just flipping authority off, because they are all assholes. :ron:

C-A

PS: I only have to kill Sae. If I kill Sae (either by Dark Return or regular mode), I will have completed Nightmare. Then I can get the Infinite and Optimal Camera Enhancements and get the last few endings on Eeasy.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:
Hoping this changes, but right now, I'm not a huge fan of the eidolon battles in FF13. While I get the reasoning behind it, I feel it's all essentially trial and error. Having to keep trying until you find the right combination, which is essentially a win button. Maybe I'm just bad at them right now, but to me, it feels like there's really only one guaranteed way to win in each of the fights and having to find what is essentially the win button kinda bugs me.

Also, still don't care for Lightning, but thank god she finally has some sense of direction now as to what her objective is. I just hate that it took pretty much over 4 chapters to do so.

However, I really love how in the end of chapter 4/ beginning of chapter 5, Sazh and Vanille essentially discussed one problem I'm really having with the game right now.

Not verbatim, but it was something like this.
Sazh: So what do we do now?
Vanille: We run away.

5 Chapters in now, so about 6 to 7 hours for me, and we're still running. Not even a destination. Not even an idea of where to go. No motivation. No objective. Just running. At this point, it really feels like running is just used as an excuse to explore new areas. Storywise though, it really feels they could just sit there for hours and accomplish the same exact thing they're doing when running.

I might have mentioned at one point earlier that a complaint about the game I had was that the battles felt pre-determined by paradigms rather than my actions in the battle. To elaborate the Eidolon battles contribute EXACTLY to that feeling. If I don't have the right set up beforehand I am screwed in an Eidolon battle and there's little to nothing I can do about it. I mean...points to the reset feature where the battle can commence immediately and allows you to set paradigms and stuff then but it was a problem for me.

Also just dropping my stock counterargument to "well you have to always be on the run from Psicom": FF6 and the Empire Hunting the Returners

I'll at least assume that if I'm having to only do 5 or so Eidolon battles, at least it won't take up a majority of my battles. So honestly at this point, I'm seeing the eidolon battles as more of a minor nitpick for me at the moment.

Yeah, they were running in a sense from the empire in FF6, but they way it was handled was so much better than this game. Immediately Locke was all determined to go up against them, got with Edgar and the Returners to immediately start making plans on what they were going to do to up against them. Yeah, they were running, but they were willing to take immediate action against the force that was holding them down. FF13, they just run because... they can? I mean, I look at it from just a character standpoint alone and I feel Lightning is essentially more capable of taking down the bad guys than Terra, and yet Lightning is the one who runs away while Terra doesn't.

Quote:
Well, what else are they supposed to do? Be like Snow and cling to some stupid idea that they base on nothing but idealized 'heroism'? Suddenly disappear off-screen for majority of the game? They HAVE nothing else to do, except run. They have no clue what their Focus is, they can't go home since PSICOM and the rest of Cocoon is either frightened to death of or will kill them, and even if they don't do anything, their brands will advance. No matter what they do, they are up shit's creek.

I'm finding that that's a problem with the game's story for me. I'm okay with giving them a sense of hopelessness and feeling like they have no chance against the enemy. It sets up for a good "overcoming evil" story. But I feel at this point where I am, the game is just trying to fumble around for a while in terms of story and it feels like it really has no place to go right now. I feel like the fact that they're told nothing about their Focus, to me, contributes to a lack of direction in terms of story. I get that it's supposed to be mysterious, but I feel that because of the way it's done, it hurts the story.

I do apologize if my posts about FF13 have come across as negative. I'm still finding some good points in the game too. Enough to keep me motivated to keep playing. Heck, if I hated the game so much, I'd have already put it down. Originally for a while, I was actually holding this game around the same level of overall quality as Final Fantasy X for me (which I'd rank somewhere in the middle of the series for me), but as the problems with mostly the story and characters have persisted for me, as of now, I'd put 13 just a rank lower than 10.

I suppose if I'm going to be making a lot of comparisons at this point, I might as well put up a list of how I rank the series as a whole so it's easier to post my comparisons in the future.

4>9>6>5=7>10>3=1>12>2>8

So essentially, I'd be putting 13 in between 10 and 3/1 right now on my list.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

A rather minor problem that the Wii-based Fatal Frame games have, which I feel has - unfortunately - grown into a major problem.

In Fatal Frame II and Fatal Frame IV, they add the fact that you cannot simply pick up an item. You must press A to begin reaching out for it and continue to hold A, until you have grabbed the item. In and of itself, not much of an issue, correct? However, they also add this for investigating things like gaps in windows, underneath things, inside cabinets and for lifting covers for mirrors. (There probably is some superstitious reason for putting a cover over a mirror, otherwise makes no sense to me)

And it's always done with a loooooooooooooooooooooooong, slooooooooow zoom into the area you are investigating/item you are approaching with your hand. I can understand why they added it. It can lead to some suspense, as well as paranoia that some ghost is gonna jump out at you. Unfortunately, this is of the overkill variety - it loses its scare potential really fast and just makes it annoying that you have to take a good 5-7 seconds to pick up those sheets of Type-14 Film, instead of simply going "A - Investigate. You have obtained (Item)!"

The fact that they add 'ghost hands' that grab your wrist at random into the parts of grabbing items just is the jizz-juice on top of the shit cake.

I honestly do not remember if Fatal Frame V had this as well, but I kind of hope it doesn't. Given that it's on the WiiU, though, I fear that it will have it somewhere down the road... I only played a minor part of the demo, after all.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

Huh, Yokai watch is getting some crossover material with Final Fantasy.

...That's freaking awesome.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Gettin' Old!

Klonoahedgehog wrote:

Haha yeah moogles do make a good fit for Yokai watch. Wonder how that happened? Is Yokai Watch made by Square or something?

Speaking of Final Fantasy....

Last night I cleared the latest EXTREME raid content in FFXIV! Along with a bunch of my friends together we felled the great Fiend Sephirot, one of the Warring Triad.

And by god am I happy that's done with, weeks spent working with so many different people to clear it. One step out of line and everybody dies, its a very intricate and deadly dance you play with him.

Wish I'd recorded it now but I had a great time and considering its the second hardest Primal out there I'm feeling pretty good.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gardevoir lover

Pierre wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

Haha yeah moogles do make a good fit for Yokai watch. Wonder how that happened? Is Yokai Watch made by Square or something?

Nah, Yokai watch just really likes making crossovers, there's also a Detective Conan one, a just dance one and there's a spin off game where Jybanyan and Komasan dress as Ghost busters.

迷探偵

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Nah, Yokai watch just really likes making crossovers, there's also a Detective Conan one, a just dance one and there's a spin off game where Jybanyan and Komasan dress as Ghost busters.

The underlying answer: Level-5 president Hino is a very good marketeer. He often makes iffy choices for the consumers (a lot of Level-5 games have updated versions releases soon after the original release, angering consumers who bought the original games), but he's really good at cross-marketing his products and tying it up with all kinds of promotions and stuff.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Meeting Cid in an airship called The Lindblum. Final Fantasy XIII and your references to games I like.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

I did it. I finally managed to defeat Sae in Fatal Frame II. Took me a good dozen of tries, especially since the Wii version DID make her a One Hit Kill on EVERY difficulty... but running in circles. She is such a CHEAP, randomized fight. Sure, the other final bosses in I, III and IV had issues, but at least those were straightfoward. Not random-cheap.

C-A

I'm currently in Chapter 6 in the middle of a forest with Sazh and Vanille in FFXIII. I really like the look of the area. Always a fan of forest areas when they're done nicely and it's usually something that I feel the series does well.

As for how I'm feeling about the game, honestly, I still feel about the same overall as far as characters and the story is concerned. Still enjoying the gameplay and the soundtrack has been fairly enjoyable. The boss fights are starting to get a bit more fun imo. Huge fan of buffing and debuffing.

Honestly to me, Lightning and Hope pretty much feel like the same character except one hates everything while the other hates one person. At times for me, Lightning has been feeling like a hypocrite who tries to come up with one-liners. I think the game is trying to use her and Hope's relationship as a way for Lightning to help Hope overcome his fears while he's used to help her find the bad that's within herself. But, I feel it's just being done poorly and they're still coming off as unlikeable.

I'm starting to warm up to Snow, but that's mostly in the flashbacks. Aside from a bit here and there, I'm overall enjoying the flashbacks. He's still the same reckless act first think later kind of guy that I didn't like in the beginning, but for some reason, I'm not as bothered by it in the flashbacks because I feel his actions are a bit more justified. And honestly, in the scenes with Lightning in these, he comes off as someone who has a better head on his shoulders.

The more Sazh talks though, the more I love the guy. He's honestly the best part about the game. The more Vanille talks, the less I like her. She's not a bad character per se, but it feels like she's too over the top cheerful to where I just can't stand it and what feels like a forced performance from her VA doesn't help.

Also, Operation Nora. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I honestly don't know if I should laugh because I find it hysterically funny or hysterically terrible. This game.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

Yeah Snow seems an alright guy in the flashbacks and I do like him for his attitude. I didn't really feel Lightning changed after her actually lethally-enforced character development. She still seems to hate everyone and treat them as a liability.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

dullahan1 wrote:
She's not a bad character per se, but it feels like she's too over the top cheerful to where I just can't stand it and what feels like a forced performance from her VA doesn't help.

Also, Operation Nora. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I honestly don't know if I should laugh because I find it hysterically funny or hysterically terrible. This game.

Yeah, there's a reason Vanilla is over the top cheerful. I think you'll see some of it crack at the end of Chapter 6.

Go ahead and laugh. I personally didn't mind Operation Nora - I mean, I did in the English version, but that's the previously mentioned issue with the voice actor for Hope. Didn't mind it in the Japanese version.

Pierre wrote:
Yeah Snow seems an alright guy in the flashbacks and I do like him for his attitude. I didn't really feel Lightning changed after her actually lethally-enforced character development. She still seems to hate everyone and treat them as a liability.

Well, she doesn't. Also, I could say that her development goes on into LR.

As for me, I am still desperately trying to get 50€ together for Fatal Frame V.
In Fatal Frame II, I'm doing the Nightmare run and I was so pissed to learn that my Ghost List was at 98%. I thought I got them all, though I knew I missed some of the beginning ones. But I'm still missing some. I looked it up, I missed the female Denizen of the Dark (which is hard to tell there's a difference) and she's annoying, cause she's mostly random. The only time she is scripted to appear constantly, is in Chapter 7, at a point when you don't HAVE your camera. (But you can go back and fight her, when you get the camera back)

Also, I seemed to have missed a regular ghost... but I forget which one... have to check the list again. (Sure, you don't GET anything for 100%-ing the Ghost List, but I still wanna do it)

C-A

dullahan1 wrote:
The more Vanille talks, the less I like her. She's not a bad character per se, but it feels like she's too over the top cheerful to where I just can't stand it and what feels like a forced performance from her VA doesn't help.

Yeah, whereas the other voices were a bit westernized compared to the Japanese version, Vanille's VA was specifically told to do a moe-moe anime voice. I'd link the interview but she mentions something that might be considered a mild spoiler.

So

There you go.

I got the full version of Fatal Frame V.

Unfortunately, the stupid part of holding a button to pick an item up is back... I also find the camera obscura controls to still be iffy, but that is most likely an issue with lack of practice. I recall II's WiiMote camera being a bit weird to me at first, but I do much better now.

There's also a minor issue for me that the game autosaves at checkpoints instead of giving me even the option to save whenever I want. Will make completing the Ghost List probably kind of annoying and it does make me feel like I HAVE to play through an entire chapter, instead of being able to stop in the middle and do something else.

C-A

So, in FFXIII, I finally ran into a boss I had a bit of difficulty with at Sunleth Waterscape. Took me four tries and I know I handled the boss fight less than optimally as I felt I spent most of the boss fight on healing. I even felt at times that my buffs wouldn't help as they constantly cancel my protect and spam the heck out of buffs on themselves, making me feel like at times that my debuffs were useless, though they felt necessary. I liked the challenging boss fight, but heck, it did feel cheap at times.

I do have a few questions concerning boss fights though, as these are something as I have yet to test myself as I never deemed it necessary but now this boss fight has me thinking.

Are items used for buffing like Fortisols cancelled out for boss fights if they are interrupted by a cutscene prior to the boss fight or do they not work at all?

Pretty sure the answer would be no, but can Deceptisols be of any use for boss fights, required or optional?

Granted, I've only used like maybe 3 Deceptisols and 1 Fortisol so far in my playthrough as I've usually been able to handle fights just fine so far, but it's something I'm wanting to think about in the scenario that a huge difficulty spike occurs that I may not be able to handle on a first playthrough.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Are items used for buffing like Fortisols cancelled out for boss fights if they are interrupted by a cutscene prior to the boss fight or do they not work at all?

They are not. If you use a Fortisol or Aegisol prior to a fight, even if it has a cutscene before it, the buff will not disappear. However, pretty sure Deceptisols are pointless to use around boss battles, since they make you invisible to enemies for a short period of time. And a boss will find you, regardless.

Just know that some regular enemies do not get fooled by Deceptisols. I cannot recall 100%, but I think Shaolong Guis will not let you surprise attack them. There are also regular enemies that cannot be surprise attacked to begin with. Like an Ochu and its underlings in a later location - in the localized version, you need to use a Deceptisol if you want to surprise attack them, otherwise it won't work. The Ochu notices you from every angle. (Not in the Japanese version, though)

C-A

PS: For my Y Wonderlocke, OF COURSE the Zubat Roost would give me a rare Axew as my first encounter... and I got a Wurmple in return. Another trade also gave me a Phione. Called Cheese.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Playing Batman: Arkham Knight right now. Liking it so far, but I'm not buying the idea that the Riddler is somehow capable of creating elaborate underground racetracks without anyone noticing. At least one was mentioned to be part of a sewer, but it's still pretty unbelievable.

Gettin' Old!

Whereabouts in the plot are you Dulla?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:

Since Dullahan mentioned the Sunless Waterscape, I believe it's Chapter 6.

Why do the early flying Pokémon suck so badly? In Wonderlocke Y, my Pidgeotto was killed by one of the Lucario (Lucari?). Well, a new trade got me a... Wingull... well, it's a fly slave, when I get the HM...

C-A

Pierre wrote:

Cat's right. I just finished Chapter 6. Getting ready to start Chapter 7 soon.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gardevoir lover

Yokai watch 2 is coming out in America in September! Heck yeah i'm excited, i loved the first game!

Can't wait for another Japanifornian adventure with Katie and Komasan!

I've felt worse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the only game I know that lets you use a vending machine as a viable weapon, and that makes it a good game in my book.
I mean it's also a decent first-person stealth game/RPG, but who cares? Lethal vending machine.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

sumguy28 wrote:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the only game I know that lets you use a vending machine as a viable weapon, and that makes it a good game in my book.
I mean it's also a decent first-person stealth game/RPG, but who cares? Lethal vending machine.

Dat Mankind Divided hype. Since they've addressed the mandatory bosses in Director's Cut, I can't wait to see what they have planned for them in the new game.

In other news, I'm going through Overwatch withdrawals and I can't wait till the servers go live on Monday. It's time to reap.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

Dat Mankind Divided hype. Since they've addressed the mandatory bosses in Director's Cut, I can't wait to see what they have planned for them in the new game.

In other news, I'm going through Overwatch withdrawals and I can't wait till the servers go live on Monday. It's time to reap.

Oh the issue was that despite the game being mostly pretty open-ended about how you solve problems there were still mandatory boss fights which screwed you if you weren't a combat character? How did they fix that?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I got an Eevee! I'm only in Santalune, so I'm not very near any evolution stones, so I have no idea what to make it. (It's got +SpDed -Speed... or the other way around) I mean, I COULD use Super Training over and over, until I get the ranks that give me stones, but... Super Training SUCKS. So boring.

I would make it an Umbreon, but I have a Poochyena... and my first trade got me a Slowpoke, which would take care of Psychic... Gamefreak, we need more Eeveelutions. Like, Fighting Eevee could have its long ears curled up into boxing fists. Or make Fairy Eevee fly - because of its ribbons.

C-A

Danksgiving

if its +SpD -Speed then evolve it into Vaporeon

if its +Speed -SpD then evolve it into Jolteon

Mister Gruel wrote:
if its +SpD -Speed then evolve it into Vaporeon

if its +Speed -SpD then evolve it into Jolteon

I remembered wrong. It's +Speed but -SpAtk.
So Espeon is immediately out of it, because I recall Psychic being mostly Special attacks. Ditto Fairy, though I don't feel like having a Sylveon. I love it, but I want something I usually don't get. (ie. Something I get easily, like Flareon or Jolteon, since you easily gain access to Fire and Thunder Stones before/at the 2nd Gym)

C-A

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Oh the issue was that despite the game being mostly pretty open-ended about how you solve problems there were still mandatory boss fights which screwed you if you weren't a combat character? How did they fix that?

They gave us non-lethal ways to beat bosses which mainly just involved hacking or another form of getting to that area that would neutralize the boss. You still can't sneak past the bosses or talk your way out of them, but it's better than straight up shooting them if you weren't specced for that.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

I've felt worse.

Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

They gave us non-lethal ways to beat bosses which mainly just involved hacking or another form of getting to that area that would neutralize the boss. You still can't sneak past the bosses or talk your way out of them, but it's better than straight up shooting them if you weren't specced for that.

...which I completely missed and instead went with the tried and tested method of shotgun to the face. I should probably try that later.

Gardevoir lover

Been playing Harvest Moon, spent the first 10 days getting my money up to actually start the farm, planting seeds and waiting for them to grow, i have a rhythm to this now and now i think i feel comfortable enough to start branching into other parts of the game so i started collecting wood to build a chicken coop.

Finally got myself a PS4. I got the Nathan Drake collection with a free Uncharted 4 thrown in from the Newegg deal they had last week. So, I'm pretty excited.

However, at the same time, I'm also pretty peeved. I had ordered Dragon Quest Heroes for $20 from Square's site back on May 4th. It has yet to come in and I have e-mailed Square since as it was supposed to be in almost 2 weeks ago now and have still yet to here from them.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
Finally got myself a PS4. I got the Nathan Drake collection with a free Uncharted 4 thrown in from the Newegg deal they had last week. So, I'm pretty excited.

However, at the same time, I'm also pretty peeved. I had ordered Dragon Quest Heroes for $20 from Square's site back on May 4th. It has yet to come in and I have e-mailed Square since as it was supposed to be in almost 2 weeks ago now and have still yet to here from them.

Sweet! The Uncharted Games are really good, each one is like a super fun Indiana Jones movie.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Been playing Harvest Moon, spent the first 10 days getting my money up to actually start the farm, planting seeds and waiting for them to grow, i have a rhythm to this now and now i think i feel comfortable enough to start branching into other parts of the game so i started collecting wood to build a chicken coop.

Which one? Story of Seasons?

C-A

Gardevoir lover

CatMuto wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

Which one? Story of Seasons?

C-A

Magical melody on the Wii.

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Sweet! The Uncharted Games are really good, each one is like a super fun Indiana Jones movie.

Uncharted 4 is the only reason I would want a PS4... which is why I don't have a PS4.

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Uncharted 4 is the only reason I would want a PS4... which is why I don't have a PS4.

It's cinematic enough that a lets play will cover it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 88 of 103 [ 4090 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 103  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station