Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 86 of 103[ 4090 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 103  Next

Re: Random conversations about GamesTopic%20Title

Okay, am I seeing that right? Deadly Premonition, you have a huge revelation right now - something has likely happened to one of the characters, a potential second murder - and you send me into the OTHER WORLD?! Are you high!? Don't you know that people hated the Other World? It's boring, the enemies are not scary (not even the unkillable Raincoat Killer, though he's more annoying because encountering him only means quick-time button-inputs or it's Game Over), the locations are not interesting and... jeez! Let me see the second victim already.

And this is the Director's Cut, they knew the complaints of the players from the original version. Sure, they improved on the lighting and some of the gun mechanics, but still.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Okay, am I seeing that right? Deadly Premonition, you have a huge revelation right now - something has likely happened to one of the characters, a potential second murder - and you send me into the OTHER WORLD?! Are you high!? Don't you know that people hated the Other World? It's boring, the enemies are not scary (not even the unkillable Raincoat Killer, though he's more annoying because encountering him only means quick-time button-inputs or it's Game Over), the locations are not interesting and... jeez! Let me see the second victim already.

And this is the Director's Cut, they knew the complaints of the players from the original version. Sure, they improved on the lighting and some of the gun mechanics, but still.

C-A

I dunno...I found the enemies in Deadly Premonition kinda unnerving...

I...don't...want...to...diiiiiiieeeee.

The things they say are just...nnngh.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Chocolateholic of CR

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I accidentally deleted my save file on FE:A!!!! Crap..... Better start all over.... Hmmm Asset/Flaw for solo legit MU.... :gumshoe:
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Pierre wrote:
I dunno...I found the enemies in Deadly Premonition kinda unnerving...

Dunno, I find them rather sucking as enemies. Like, they are so cheesy and not-scary that they ultimately end up being hilarious. The only thing remotely 'scary' about them is their black mouth and that's only seen up-close once. At least, up to now. As for what they are saying... I find the garbled speech to be meh. And their repeated "Don't want to diiiiie..." gets really annoying to hear when you kill several of them in short time.

Though I heard there are other Shadow types later in the game, including the Crawling Shadows, which are apparently annoying to players. We'll see.

Quote:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I accidentally deleted my save file on FE:A!!!! Crap..... Better start all over.... Hmmm Asset/Flaw for solo legit MU....

I had something similar happen. I saved during my Romancing Saga 3 playthrough, then reloaded a save state and the proper save file was gone. No problem, since it was emulation and I had save states from just before what I did and it wasn't very hard to redo. So, it wasn't that bad...

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

I don't play horror games, because I'm very sensitive to scary things and have horrible nightmares. As a kid I was even worse; I couldn't watch The Empire Strikes Back because I was scared of the snow monster in the beginning of the movie, I was scared by the baby dragon in the first Harry Potter movie, and I was even scared by the giant Baby Bowser from Yoshi's Island. I was the biggest wimp in the world as a kid.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
I don't play horror games, because I'm very sensitive to scary things and have horrible nightmares. As a kid I was even worse; I couldn't watch The Empire Strikes Back because I was scared of the snow monster in the beginning of the movie, I was scared by the baby dragon in the first Harry Potter movie, and I was even scared by the giant Baby Bowser from Yoshi's Island. I was the biggest wimp in the world as a kid.

Personally, I don't play many horror games myself. Mostly because my imagination is very sensitive and I have weird enough dreams as it is, I don't need to up my chance of having nightmares by playing something that could shoot my heartrate up in bad intervals. But Deadly Premonition (despite its name) is not what I would call a horror or even scary game. The Japanese title is Red Seeds Profile, which makes more sense: Red seeds are important to the plot's case and the protagonist is an FBI Profiler. I have read spoilers for the game and am playing through it and I still don't see why it was called Deadly Premonition.
As of yet, the protagonist has not had a premonition of someone dying or foreseen their death and prevented it.

And the things that are supposed to be horror are not. And this is coming from someone who hated ghost stories being told around campfires, I would get paranoid and see whatever scary thing was in the dark, after. Always held my ears closed. But as said, none of the enemies in the game - to date - seem scary at all. I read that the bosses look actually kinda cheesy, so they lack their horror, too.

I think the only thing I might call 'scary' is when, during certain Other World sections, you are suddenly followed by the Raincoat Killer. And you have to move buttons and all to run away from him, while having a split view of the Raincoat Killer following you and seeing behind York, so you have no idea what is in front of you. And the quicktime events with the killer.
Then again, that face the protagonist makes when he is too long in the Other World rooms with the purple fog... that was a bit of a creepy face...
Oh. And just what happened on my screen, the beginning of Chapter 14. Ok, that is a bit creepy, though the music and scene just says, "Jumpscare about to happen!", so some of it is removed.

And don't be ashamed. As a kid (11 years old, about) I was still terrified of the screaming book in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone book. And at age 12, the Graveyard scene in the Goblet of Fire book creeped me out, too.

Anyhow, I had to redo Chapter 13, because that's the last Chapter you can do Emily's third cooking quest. People were right, getting the Weather Doll is a dang difficult thing to do. (I had the ingredients, she just didn't leave her door open when I was there at rainy nights...) But I got it now. Also, crawling shadows were pretty meh... I only have the default weapon cause I can't remove it, the .357 Magnum (which I use on the Crawling Shadows) and the Wrench. BEHOLD THE ALMIGHTY WRENCH!!

C-A

PS: I was wondering why I had the option to go back into the Other Worlds... freaking trading cards...

You know, a Mario game!

I think they named it that simply because it sounds cool. Much cooler than the Japanese name. It's like those clickbait titles that articles have which are hardly representative of the content of the article. They name it something cool to get more people to buy it. At least, that's the way I see it.
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
I think they named it that simply because it sounds cool. Much cooler than the Japanese name. It's like those clickbait titles that articles have which are hardly representative of the content of the article. They name it something cool to get more people to buy it. At least, that's the way I see it.

True, there is a trope called American Kirby is Hardcore. Honestly, I don't need an 'epic' cover to entice me to play or buy a game. Or even a title. I'm more interested in what it says on the back. Though that can also be misleading.

As said, the title makes no sense to me. The cover already makes it look like it's a gore-fest. And as I've said, the deaths are not really that gorey. Heck, one of them is implied/stated to have been flayed alive - there's BARELY any blood on her. Even if she was cleaned off, there is still a ton of skin on her, for having supposedly been flayed. (Ignoring her still wearing underwear, but hey, maybe they didn't want to show a nipple!)

I have encountered Crawling Shadows. Yeah, they're annoying. But not scary. And only annoying because the gun mechanics suck. Also, I'm about to start Chapter 19, which I think is the almost-final point for doing sidequests. I think I did majority of them, the only ones still are the ones I cannot do until much later, anyway. So, if I'm forced into plot-railroad now, it won't matter much.

C-A

PS: The weather doll is pointless. Once I have it, I have no reason to change the weather anymore.

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
True, there is a trope called American Kirby is Hardcore. Honestly, I don't need an 'epic' cover to entice me to play or buy a game. Or even a title. I'm more interested in what it says on the back. Though that can also be misleading.

Ugh, I hate it when they do that. ICO's American cover art was probably the worst I've seen.
Japanese:
Simple, easy on the eyes, and gets across the mood of the game.

American:
A kid with a stick? That's so intimidating.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Last edited by tiger_festival on Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deadly Premonition, Chapter 21: SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!
Nothing but switching between York, who has minute conversations with himself, and Emily, who is doing nothing but following Willie through half the town and in circles. Boring! Both of those are boring enough, but then you add the loading screens and it's... urgh! I know this is SUPPOSED to be intense, but by god, this is boring!

C-A

You know, I have to say I rather like some of these type-hybrids for Delta Pokémon in Insurgence. Fairy/Psychic? On the one hand, your psychic attacks will be great on Poison types. On the other hand, you will take more damage from Poison types, because you are Fairy type. It's a neat combination, kind of like a double-edged sword. (And, of course, Delta Squirtle looks like a black TMNT.)

C-A

The Chocolateholic of CR

Well in FE:Faettes We get LC called Hidden Fates which focuses on Owain Inigo and Serena.... It got me wondering how they got to that world when I saw them on the wiki.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.

In Justice We Trust

One: Spoilers. Two: Buying the DLC (assuming you have the game) would help you learn the answer. Three: It's Severa, not Serena.
I'll always love you, Max.

The Chocolateholic of CR

I keep screwing her name up ;-; I feel like Severa is glaring at me from another world.

I've felt worse.

Spoiler: Valkyria Chronicles
WELL THAT'S NOT FOREBODING IN THE SLIGHTEST.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

The Chocolateholic of CR

Franzy's Whippity Whip Trip :larry2:

The cape is self-fluttering

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Ugh, I hate it when they do that. ICO's American cover art was probably the worst I've seen.
Japanese:
Simple, easy on the eyes, and gets across the mood of the game.

American:
A kid with a stick? That's so intimidating.

Could be worse. At least it's not the North American cover art for the original Megaman on NES.

Spoiler:

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

You know, a Mario game!

That one's always the first to be brought up when people mention bad cover art, isn't it? I'm surprised it actually sold well with that cover art.
My Twitter Account

Danksgiving

who wouldnt want a sexy beast like that

Pokémon Insurgence is being very insistent, once again, that I do NOT have any Water types before the first Gym Badge.

C-A

ASCEND

dimentiorules wrote:
That one's always the first to be brought up when people mention bad cover art, isn't it? I'm surprised it actually sold well with that cover art.

None of them were as bad as Mega Man, but I think all of the American box art for those games were pretty bad. In Japan, we got actual cartoony Mega Man and all of the robot masters in the background. In America, they tried to make the game look "realistic" with horrifying results.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

You know, a Mario game!

A lot of video game cover art from that time period was redesigned to look "edgy" or "realistic". Just look at the American cover for River City Ransom compared to the Japanese cover. I can't post the image here because I can't figure out how to do so on my iPad; my computer doesn't work anymore. The European cover art isn't much better for the mega man games, often using photos of real people instead of it being actual art.
My Twitter Account

Gardevoir lover

The internets been out at my house for the past week, so i ended up playing Pokken too much.

I've gotten to a point where i am really good as Gardevoir and Braixen, i know their combos by heart now and i feel like i can take on the world!

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Romancing Saga 3: Four Noble Demons (Violin)
ROMANCING SAGA 3 WAS AWESOME! Gawd, I WISH they could have had enough time to really complete the game. It is so cool and the music (especially this one) was so great. I love it! (I was so excited when Theatrhythm: Curtain Call said it would be among the DLC for it!)

Spoiler: Fatal Frame V (Miu's Father)
Maybe it's me, and I admit I haven't played the game (yet), but the implication that Miu's father is Miku's brother, Mafuyu, seems a bit... impossible to me. I mean, how old were they in the first game? And hasn't Mafuyu been stuck with Kirie (and has likely died by now) since the end of the first game? Unless Miku was running around pregnant DURING the first game, how can Miu be his daughter?

Wait, I read more about Miu. Apparently, it does get explained... though, personally... I dunno, I feel like the mechanics don't make sense, but...

C-A

TOMORROW

IT'S ALMOST HERE

Aaaaaaaaargh! I was playing Pokémon Insurgence and I went into the cave connecting Route 2 to Suntouched City. I ENCOUNTERED A SHINY SABLEYE! Not only is it a Sableye, not only is it SHINY, it's also my first encounter! And I got it! Whoooo! (Course, doesn't matter if it was my first encounter, shinyclause and all)

C-A

Been playing Ace Attorney Investigations 2 lately. Finally going to finish it. Currently catching up to where i left off on case three.

...I'd buy them. Though I don't eat mushrooms.

C-A

I watched AestheticGamer finish the DreadOut spin-off/extra minigame 'Keepers of the Dark'... the ending STILL made no sense or explained anything to me.

C-A

Danksgiving

CatMuto wrote:

...I'd buy them. Though I don't eat mushrooms.

C-A

i eat mushrooms
but you cant get mine from a grocery store

Well, after pretty much a straight 3 months and 78 videos, my Nameless Let's Play has finished with 100% completion. All routes done, all Bad Endings viewed and recorded for viewing pleasure, as well as the final, second Secret Route for the last memory and CG. Overall, a pretty fun game, if a little... well, just a teensy bit tedious. Especially the first three Heart pieces, which all require you to redo the Introduction. The English translation is pretty decent, but I noticed a lot of grammar mistakes and semi-incomprehensible sentences as it went on. Credits say one person translated, while two proofread... might need more?

The music is pretty good, though. Especially the Opening theme and the Endings for each route.

Also, this is a thing for Ace Attorney.

C-A

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:

If this isn't the first thing you thought of when you saw the OP

either there's something wrong with you or there's not enough things wrong with you
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

either there's something wrong with you or there's not enough things wrong with you

I plead the third: I haven't watched that OP. That was just in my deviantART notifications.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Bad Player wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

That was the third thing I thought of.
My first thought was "how the hell did running become an anime OP cliché?"
This was my second thought.

You know, a Mario game!

Um, what does OP stand for in in this context? I thought it stood for Overpowered, but that doesn't work in this case.
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
Um, what does OP stand for in in this context? I thought it stood for Overpowered, but that doesn't work in this case.

Opening. And ending is abbreviated into ED.

C-A

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

Opening. And ending is abbreviated into ED.

C-A

Obviously not in this context, but it's also not uncommon for it to mean "original post(er)". And in some circles/conversations, it can mean "One Piece".

The OP about OP's OP is OP!
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gardevoir lover

I was really bored so i started making Megaman styled levels in Mario maker with the Megaman amiibo costume available in every item block, i'm not sure how well i'm doing but i'm at least having fun making this level, I recreated a megaman boss door and where the Dr Wily logo goes i put a Koopa clown car.

I'm gonna call it. "Super Light bros: Lakituman"

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Gettin' Old!

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I was really bored so i started making Megaman styled levels in Mario maker with the Megaman amiibo costume available in every item block, i'm not sure how well i'm doing but i'm at least having fun making this level, I recreated a megaman boss door and where the Dr Wily logo goes i put a Koopa clown car.

I'm gonna call it. "Super Light bros: Lakituman"

Heh nice, now if only they had a function where picking up the fire flower as mega man allowed you a functional mega buster and you'd be all set.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Doing a Y Wonderlocke.
Had to exchange a few times cause I got overleveled Pokémon (I put my beginning level limit from 1 until 12), but I now have an Absol, a Gible and a Makuhita. The Makuhita has a +SpATK nature, which seems kinda silly... but hey. Part of the Wonderlocke. And Pokémon overall. Stupid natures.

C-A
Page 86 of 103 [ 4090 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 103  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station