Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 2 of 2[ 53 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Most Disappointing Game of All Time?Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:

Persona 3 FES
After coming off of Persona 4, I opted to go out and buy this game. Compared to Persona 4, the characters were lackluster, the AI wasn't really reliable, the story was VERY weak, and the game felt dragged. Honestly, as much as I love dungeon crawling, Tartarus wasn't interesting. There was so much dead space during the game, I ended up getting to level 99 early because I had nothing better to do. The music wasn't THAT great either, but there were a few soundtracks that ended up being fantastic. It at least still has a pretty amazing final boss theme.

Yeah I was much the same, I hit level 99 and started just using Judgement every fight to end it and grind massively. Having very little musical and background variation in the dungeon was a huge problem. I remember I would stick on let's plays of (ironically enough) Persona 4 while I was gunning through Tartatus because it was more interesting. I'd even managed to get Aigis to hit level 99 as well by endgame.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Quote:
Persona 3 FES
After coming off of Persona 4, I opted to go out and buy this game. Compared to Persona 4, the characters were lackluster, the AI wasn't really reliable, the story was VERY weak, and the game felt dragged. Honestly, as much as I love dungeon crawling, Tartarus wasn't interesting. There was so much dead space during the game, I ended up getting to level 99 early because I had nothing better to do. The music wasn't THAT great either, but there were a few soundtracks that ended up being fantastic. It at least still has a pretty amazing final boss theme.

That is pretty spot on for me, except I was playing the PSP version and I did get an option to directly command the party members. The music was pretty lackluster itself for me, too, except for one track which is not in the female route. As for the final boss theme... I kinda remember it, but also forget it easily. I know it's a remix of the Velvet Elevator/Limo/Room background music, but I think that's worse cause I remember it too much due to persona fusing...

C-A

I really like the music.

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.
It plays well, yes, but the only way in the game to get decent abilities is to play stupid pet simulator and craft new Dream Eaters into your party, which I could care less about. I just used the ones you got in the preorder bonus the whole game. The story was ridiculously hard to follow even by Kingdom Hearts standards. Aside from the Fantasia world I really didn't like the worlds all that much, and speaking of the worlds, they completely ruined Hunchback by simplifying it so much. I know the original movie is controversial and all that, but it still bugs me. I liked the Flowmotion combat actually but I hated those Reality Shifts, and the fucking Drop System is so freaking dumb. They felt like gimmicks to me. The Young Xehanort was way too cheap and the secret boss Julius is just kinda lame to me so I never felt like grinding to beat him. It wasn't horrible in any way and is technically a good game, but I'm not into the whole Dream Eater thing which is an important part of the game, and nothing in the game aside from the Fantasia world really interested me, so I don't think I'll replay it at all, or try and go for all the post game stuff like the secret boss or portals either.
" If you wish to hang yourself, Mr. Wright, you're welcome to, but not inside my courtroom."

Gettin' Old!

An Original Username wrote:
It plays well, yes, but the only way in the game to get decent abilities is to play stupid pet simulator and craft new Dream Eaters into your party, which I could care less about. I just used the ones you got in the preorder bonus the whole game. The story was ridiculously hard to follow even by Kingdom Hearts standards. Aside from the Fantasia world I really didn't like the worlds all that much, and speaking of the worlds, they completely ruined Hunchback by simplifying it so much. I know the original movie is controversial and all that, but it still bugs me. I liked the Flowmotion combat actually but I hated those Reality Shifts, and the fucking Drop System is so freaking dumb. They felt like gimmicks to me. The Young Xehanort was way too cheap and the secret boss Julius is just kinda lame to me so I never felt like grinding to beat him. It wasn't horrible in any way and is technically a good game, but I'm not into the whole Dream Eater thing which is an important part of the game, and nothing in the game aside from the Fantasia world really interested me, so I don't think I'll replay it at all, or try and go for all the post game stuff like the secret boss or portals either.

I'd say the flowmotion combat was kinda weak actually. It's flash spectacular and effective sure...but when you can resolve every combat like that...I found myself steering away from it to enjoy the rest of the game.

My friend wasn't a fan of Dream Eaters either but eh I enjoyed it enough.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Skyrim because I really didn't see what all the hype was about. I got it from gamefly when i had a free month and I literally shoved it right back in my mailbox outside on the same day.

I've felt worse.

Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception
I know I shouldn't expect much from a portable Ace Combat, and gameplay-wise, it's on par with the rest of the series. However, a single playthrough lasts less than 2 hours, mission 9b, the music is mostly forgettable, both the final mission and the bonus mission felt anticlimactic in terms of a proper challenge, mission 9b, and some of the voice acting is so laughably bad, it removes any tension from
Spoiler:
the captain of the airborne fortress making desperate move to disintegrate an entire city full of civilians.
Well, at least it was better than Ace Combat Advance.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Ace tea maker

"Remember me" for the play station 3.

It's taking every fiber of m being not to go to all the stores and burn all remaining copies.

Gettin' Old!

Plsenjoyurteaquietly wrote:

It's taking every fiber of m being not to go to all the stores and burn all remaining copies.

Why was it so bad?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gardevoir lover

An Original Username wrote:

Personally i found that one to be one of the better games in the series, the biggest disappointment for me was the very little amount of worlds.
The fact that they included the TWEWY characters opens the gate for more square characters which should be interesting.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Don't call me Shirley

Plsenjoyurteaquietly wrote:

It really ain't as bad as you make it out to be :/ "underwhelming" or "unoriginal" I could understand, but the game is polished and flows well enough to never be grating to play.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Star Fox Command.
• No voices, just gibberish.
• No actual storyline, you have to choose it (Which I personally like)
• My favorite Assault music track wasn't in the OST, but the Command version made it suck. The Assault version was more epic.
• James' Arwing was the one from the Aparoid Invasion. He was dead before the Lylat Wars, so he couldn't have gotten an upgraded Arwing.
• Leon and Panther are useless for missile slipstreams.
I believe that Command is the worst in the franchise, and it could have been better. I'm not a fan of Assault's ground missions, but it was a pretty good game, ranked #5 on my top 10. (My #1 is Dual Destinies.)
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

The dwarf geeky panda!

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

Loved the first one, love the second one (a bit long though), the third one made me crack from the opening to the very end, the fourth one, I was expecting big. It was for the year of Luigi and was hoping that finally someone would remember his name rather than, "the guy with a green cap", "Mario's brother" or "the green one". I expected that finally Luigi would earn the respect he deserve. What did I got? An orgy of Luigi... yeah just that... Just a lot of Luigi... COME ON NINTENDO! You even had a level where we where in Luigi's psyche and you did nothing with it. Also, the sprites feel awfully inferior than the third one and it was on DS. The text were barely funny. I can think of moments where I smiled, but I wanted to laugh my ass of like in Bowser's Inside story. The only thing I really liked was the fact that they kept the idea of the battle of giants and the french localisation (the canadian one, I find the French French one ridiculous).

Now then, I will gladly return and laugh at my rolling obese toads... If I hadn't sold the game. a few years ago... Dang it!
Please don't hit me...

Sad to say, One Piece:Romance Dawn. It was a very poor attempt at making the game a rpg style game. the game mechanics and the over all game was terrible. Luckly they made up for it with One Piece:World Red
Page 2 of 2 [ 53 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station