Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 9[ 337 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Games that made you cryTopic%20Title

Assassin Prince

Simple, isn't it? Games that have made you break into tears and why. There are quite a few that I can recall now:

Final Fantasy VII - Squaresoft, 1997 (PSX)

Cloud Strife wrote:
Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan mean nothing.

Yeah, it was quite obvious. Aeris' death was simply... Undescriptable.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Tales of Destiny - Namco, 1998 (PSX)

Stahn Aileron wrote:
Oh boy, here's her ultimate weapon, 'I'll never ask...again...' Why is it that when she says this, it's always something that's a royal pain in the butt?

The ultimate sacrifice to save the planet: giving the last farewell to their Swordian friends. Stahn's crying a the end was too much for me to bear.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII - Square Enix, 2007 (PSP JPN)

Zack Fair wrote:
Hey, I've become a hero, haven't I?

The ending. Even thought we all FFVII players knew what was going to happen... I couldn't bear it.

Elite Beat Agents - iNiS, 2007 (NDS)

Commander Kahn wrote:
Agents are... GO!

Hey, you! Keep reading! This isn't a joke!

Play chapter 12 and you'll know what I mean. The music, the video, all was so beautiful.

And that's all I can remember now. What about you people?

Last edited by Shiva Artemis on Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Re: Games that made you cryTopic%20Title

I may or may not be here.

EBA/Ouendan2 (not Ouendan1 though)
Same as what Shiva Artemis said for EBA. And Ouendan2's equivalent song did the same.

That's about it. For "Your the Inspiration" on EBA I failed it the first time I played it, only because I couldn't see the screen! Definitely one of my top faves for all three games!

Other than that most of the games I play don't get close to the point of making me cry.
(Unless it's tears of joy for some of the news I would hear about Brawl! I'm gonna cry when I get to play it! This I know.)
ImageImage

見たのか・・・!

Donald Serrot wrote:
That's about it. For "You're the Inspiration" on EBA I failed it the first time I played it, only because I couldn't see the screen!

Yes Dx
But Over the Distance on OTO wasn't much better for me >:x

I just wonder what Ganon's up to... :)

Spoiler: 3-4
When Fawles died. D:

Spoiler: BIG Shadow of the Colossus ending spoiler
What happened to Wanderer, he's trapped in colossus land as a baby with only one other person and a few animals. wtf? ;_; The ending made me cry for about 10 minutes.
I didn't even play the ending, I watched ~Mask☆DeMasque~... I refuse to play the ending now.. :'B

I'm in your skies; raeping your balloons

So many things in Lost Odyssey, which btw, is the new peak of JRPG tear-jerking emo-ness. But much much manlier and mature emo-ness.

Spoiler: When Kaim found...
When Kaim found his daughter, who he thought had died when she was controlled by Gongora to throw herself off a cliff (she was about 8 at the time). Kaim and Sarah failed to reach her in time, their marriage suffered and they both went into despair. They split up and wandered separately since then. Gongora then took away their memories sometime during that 30 year period to present-gametime.

Lirum, their daughter, did survive and had a pair of twins, but remained very sickly. Kaim finds them by coincidence, and his memories return. Lirum is overjoyed and introduces her children to their grandfather. However, Lirum perishes in his arms.

Lirum

Spoiler: What happened to Sarah...
Sarah had initially left their mansion, just like Kaim, but was drawn back to the house. Though her memories were gone, she had read her journals of the 1000 years she had been alive. Upon remembering parts of what happened to her last daughter, Lirum, she fell into a deep self-destructive depression where she has been continually attempting to kill herself for several years (never succeeding because she's immortal).

Kaim and company arrive at the mansion, thinking she was just another sorceress who had taken up residence in the mansion, and they need her to break a seal on a cave entrance.

Upon discovering she is in fact Kaim's wife, Sarah, Kaim unsuccessfully can't snap her out of her sadness for losing Lirum.

Mack and Cooke, their grandchildren, then sing a lullaby that she sang to Lirum, which pulls her out of her depression.

She cannot remember Kaim, or anything at all, but knows the truth from reading her journals, and that she loves him. She reunites with Kaim, and greets her grandchildren.

The Truth of the Old Sorceress (drag the slider to about 8:00 to avoid the long battle sequence
The Lullaby

Spoiler: The train to the Aurora...
The twins steal a train to try to reach the 'aurora', said to show the land of the dead, hoping to see Lirum their mother.

Kaim and Sarah were meant to attend a meeting between the three heads of state as impartial advisors, but as Jansen says, Kaim is "a husband and grandfather first", and so he and Sarah steal another train (so we know where the twins inherited that from) to go after the kids.

They eventually manage to catch up, but by this time, Gongora has already unleashed a glacier ice attack with sentient ice that begins to freeze the train and spawn glacier monsters. Kaim and Sarah fight their way to the head of the train, and manages to rescue the children.

However they speeding straight towards the heart of the glacier attack, and the high concentration of magic energy causes all of them pain. Kaim and Sarah are afraid that they'll lose their memories again, as well as their bodies (all the Immortals know they are not Human. They are beings of spirit with Human host bodies). Sarah manages to sever the train in half to save their grandchildren.

The part with Kaim's daughter is especially upsetting.

DO WANT!! DO WANT VERY MUCH!!!

I must say....

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Sonic Battle

I cry WAY too easily.
Image Image

~Made by the AMAZING Vickinator~ ~Currently infatuated with Rosalina~

King of Braves

Metal Gear Solid 2
Spoiler:
When Emma dies, which is odd because I actually didn't particularly like her. Actually, I think it was more the BFF moment between Snake and Otacon, then that goddamn parrot.

Metal Gear Solid 3
Spoiler:
The revelation behind The Boss's mission at the end.

Final Fantasy IX
Spoiler:
There were a few times in this, actually. One was when Vivi watched Black Waltz No. 3 kill his fellow Black Mages. Another was the ending. I mean, hell, it may have been predictable, but I'll be damned if I didn't shed a tear or two anyway.

Cross-examining your posts!

Trucy Wright wrote:
When Fawles died. D:
^^^^^

I almost did too, that was so sad!
Formerly Avenger...

Super Tuff Pink Puff

Avenger wrote:
Trucy Wright wrote:
When Fawles died. D:
^^^^^

Well, I can't say that I agree with you there. I was more mad then sad when that happened. Actually, I was so tempted to throw my DS across the room.

The ending to Drawn to Life really made me break down and cry. Such hardships for those poor little Raposa had to face. The ending song made the ending even move depressing. :larry: Of course, if you don't play the game you wouldn't get why is was so sad.

Bomberkid

Trucy Wright wrote:
When Fawles died. D:

Yeah. That made me cry. T_T

Final Fantasy IX -
Spoiler:
When Garnet's mother died.

Final Fantasy VI -
Spoiler:
When Cyan's wife and son went on the Phantom Train to the afterlife

And the Drawn To Life ending....
^Credit to 天才/sophia! <333 Thanks so much!
My fanart thread

Smooth operator

The ending to Mother 3 and other parts of the game

Spoiler: Mother 3 MAJOR spoilers
When Flint finds out his wife and one of his kids are dead.

When Lucas jumps off the cliff because he saw the ghost of his dead mother.

The ending battle where Lucas finds out that his brother wasn't dead all along, he was the masked man, who had been brainwashed by Pokey (Porky) and then after they both see a dream where they were both born he realizes, that he's not Pokey's robot, he was still alive... But then, he uses a powerful lightning attack and it reflects off Lucas's Frankilin Badge and Claus ends up dying.

Atticus = Superman

Final Fantasy X. Probably the first game for me to get really emotionally attached to the story, the whole ending was pretty sad.

Conker's Bad Fur Day. Almost had me cry. it was just kind of sad to see him going to eventually cycle what happened in the game already.

Metal Gear Solid 3. The only MGS game I felt emotionally attached too.
Spoiler: MGS 3 Ending
The Boss dying, I spent a few minutes at that point where you had to fire the last shot and was wondering if you could save her by not doing it. Plus, the whole, bad ass Big Boss crying over a grave kind of touched me too.

Bioshock. I absolutely loved the ending to it, the only actually good ending is the good ending, the other two kinda sucked.
Atticus Finch is my hero.

A.K.A Very Melon

Same here :0(

I didn´t really cry but the moment in Super Metroid when...
Spoiler: About Super Metroid
...when Mother Brain fries the poor Metroid. *snif*

Spoiler: StepMania vids

Robo-Aly

I don't think that I've ever cried while playing a video game o.o Hmm...

Yuki Fan~!

The end of 3-4 and 3-5

Look at the location

Spoiler: 3-3
DEE! NOOOO!

Spoiler: Tales Of Symphonia
When Pronyma is blasted by Mithos. She begs...and begs...and slips up saying Mithos. Which comes to the conclusion that if you call him Mithos he will be so PO'd.

Spoiler: Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
When Bobbery reads the note from Scarlet, and you get that sad music. :(

Spoiler: Eternal Sonata
The death of Claves. I cried. I really cried. Even though you can get her back...

Spoiler: Super Mario Galaxy
Anytime you read from the storybook, and that music comes up.... :larry:

Ouendan/EBA/Ouendan 2

Splatterhouse: Before I got the second game and realized that the Jennifer killed in the first game was a fake, I actually beleived Rick DID kill Jennifer.

FIGHT DA POWAH!

(Surprised?). Well, I didn't actually "cry" but it's when you read the storybook. The music they play just brings a tear to your eye! Also, in the story, Rosalina's mother *OMG BIG SPOILER* dies. Also, the ending ALMOST made me cry too.

Will not be active on CR as much :(

The defender of Justice!

Lost Odyssey
Spoiler:
When Kaims long lost daughter died. It made so upset

And the ending to the .hack//g.u. series was heart warming sad for me
<3 Happily CR married to Comfortably Numb =D
Image Image Image

Slammin' Flower Child

Location: Hiding under your bed with that monster you forgot about.

Topaz Fey wrote:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Ahaha, me toooo! For some reason the ending made me cry. :sadshoe:

winged cloud wrote:
Lost Odyssey
Spoiler:
When Kaims long lost daughter died. It made so upset

And the ending to the .hack//g.u. series was heart warming sad for me

I share your grief! *sniffle*

Spoiler:
But it's so funny. He's a grand-dad X3!

Weeeeeee!!!!!

There is a lot of games in which I wanted to cry or shed tears over but these are the top ones I can remember...

Bioshock
Spoiler: The good ending
If you managed to save all the Little Sisters, you'll get the ending where Jack and all of the Little Sisters live out a normal life on the surface. But it's Dr Tenebaum's commentary about that which really cuts it for me.

Final Fantasy VII
Spoiler: Aeris' death
I mean, come on! Someone's gotta shed a tear for this scene or the fact that you've levelled her up so high only to find that you've wasted her here. At least you can have your revenge on Sephiroth later...

Silent Hill 2
Spoiler: Mary's forgiveness
I find the scene where Mary forgives James for what he's done very emotional. I mean, you killed your wife out of love and punished yourself to the death nearly for it. That really cuts it for me.

Metal Gear Solid 2
Spoiler: Emma's death
Emma was really something that reminded me of a friend who lost their life. To have her die and Otacon being distraught over it, that let the tears flow.

Metal Gear Solid 3
Spoiler: Big Boss' death
I find it touching when Solid Snake walks to the grave where she lies and just cries. I mean, you just killed your only mentor/motherly figure in life. And the extra viewing scene where The Boss and The Sorrow are together at last is just so tear-worthy...

Hate is Bad :(

I've never actually cried, whenever I'm about to I'm just like "o.o I'm about to cry!" and I get sucked out of the game D:

My top three OMG THIS IS SO COOL AND SO SAD I'M GOING TO CRY AND CRY ; ;

1. After the credits in PW3
2. The FFX ending
3. FFX-2 Farplane mess. Especially with the encouragement from Jecht, Auron, and Braska (I was disappointed with the lack of Tidus in this moment) Poor, misunderstood Shuyin!

(ace attorney gremlin mode activated)

Oh geez. REally, though, no video game has made me cry >_>

Fawles made me tear up though

But The Possibility of Fireflies by Dominique Paul is the only book that has brung me to tears. ;_;

Such a good boooooooook~
My (not spoiler-free) Ace Attorney doodle blog

Smooth operator

Oh yeah I just remembered two more games that made me cry.

Yoshi's Island- I WAS 4 OKAY!?

And Pikmin... I have no idea why, but I was still a bit young

The Modern Odysseus

I am jealous that you have played Mother 3 Vanguard. I'm hoping SSBB and Lucas's inclusion will make Nintendo want to release Mother 3 in North America at least. On Gamefaqs (yes, I go to "that website" :P) my signature reads: This sig will not change until a new Mother or EarthBound game is released in the USA. Started at 8:26 PM on Tuesday, January 24, 2006.

I made sure I didn't click open your spoilers, but when I originally quoted your post, I ended up accidentally reading the first line but I caught myself before I went any further... unfortunately it was the first line where there was the significant spoiler, I feel like junk now! It isn't your fault, I'm not blaming you, I just feel so stupid. I have not learned any real story details at all since the game was released in 2006 and just now I think I learned a pretty significant spoiler because I originally quoted your post. God, I feel so dumb.

To be on topic... I don't think any game has ever made me cry.

Smooth operator

Actually, the first said event happens on Chapter 1. Its not really a spoiler but I felt as if it needed to be spoilered.

Phff, You call this a Zombie apocalypse?

Shadow the Hedgehog. It was so bad, I cried.
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.

The Modern Odysseus

Rebel Vanguard wrote:
Actually, the first said event happens on Chapter 1. Its not really a spoiler but I felt as if it needed to be spoilered.
Phew! Thanks for that. This fact actually makes me feel a lot better :gant:

I don't think this made me cry but it certainly made me feel like crap:

Spoiler: 2-4
The first time we saw this sprite:

And also 3-4. >_<
I almost cried seeing Fawles' dying animation, and then when they switched to Dahlia's smiling face, my sadness turned into pure hatred for that woman.. which was what was intended. Wonderful execution Capcom.

Taking it, one step at a time.

Not really made me cry, but...it was a sad moment...
Xenosaga III
and Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones(when you find out who the real bad guy is, on Eirika's route)
You were born on the same day as your birthday, right?

There's an ocelot in my attic

I don't believe I've ever flat out cried, but I've definitely gotten teary a bunch of times.

The sad songs in EBA/Ouendan really got to me too. They're really hard to play when I start tearing up, and then suddenly realize, oh crap, I have to get a hold of myself and start playing now.

The ending of Chrono Trigger, and the ending of Klonoa: Door to Phantomile.
Spoiler:
Something about friends being broken apart and never being able to see each other again really gets to me, I guess.

Oh, and the part in Fire Emblem 7 where
Spoiler:
The female thief dies... I forget her name. But I felt really bad for Mathew, especially since I had spent most of the game up until then referring to him as "the druggie." ;_;

The Law is just a Game...

Avenger wrote:
Trucy Wright wrote:
When Fawles died. D:
^^^^^

I thought it was funny.

But that's me.
Imagesig by Rhia
My Trial Record, 14-0. I support Klavi & Krissi.

Where there is a law, I'll enforce it!
Where there is a crime, I'll prosecute it!
Where there is a victim, I'll fight for them!

OHEMJEEE.

Shiva Artemis wrote:
Yeah, it was quite obvious. Aeris' death was simply... Undescriptable.

I LAUGHED. I SO LAUGHED.

Diiiieee Aeris! DIEEE! :gant:

Poor Zack. He was awesome. And exceedingly hot.

I wanted to cry in 3-4 and 3-5, but... Eh, they're animations.

I did say "awww :(" a few thousand times.

Kingdom Hearts 2 got me to cry a few times. Yeah, I know. :payne:
Pairings: Miego, FeenRis, EdgeyFran, KlavEma, CloTi, Zerith, Vincrecia.
Just a note, all: I haven't been on in a while, so I'm trying to get my little persona here back in order. I won't be on as much in the future, maybe a few times a week. Sorry!

Oh, Mr. Moffat, you card you.

Two games I can think of:

Super Gunstar Heroes
Spoiler:
During one of the many endings (there are at least six) the good guys sacrifies themselves to save the earth from destruction by a crazed robot-demon thing. They make a big deal of doing it for the people's future, and right at the last second, they all shout out the phrase "Absilio Mundus!" (which mean "a perfect universe") before dive bombing the minster and all of them dying in the explosion. Wasn't more than a second, but it was still a little sad.

Trauma Center: New Blood
Spoiler:
When Vakushti is cured of Cardia Stigma on his heart and returns to his normal self, he tells you he purposely infected himself to prevent a Brain disease from killing him. However, now that he is no longer a homicidal freak, he realizes what he had done, and says that as a doctor, he has failed everybody, and deserves his fate. He then dies. It wouldn't be as bad, except they had the whole game voiced, so you could feel the emotion, and it just made his grief and death all the more sad.

Edit: Oh, and the ending to "Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" made me shed a tear... I think (it's been too long sense I last played it!)

CRUUUUUUSHHHHH

Oh man. This will be interesting. Let's see....

Spoiler: 3-5
I thought Maya died. :'c

Spoiler: FF VII
When Aeris died. Even though you knew it was coming, you can't help but shed a tear.

The story book. :c

Spoiler: Final Fantasy X
There are a few times here.
1. When I found out Yuna would die. But she doesn't, so it's okay.
2. When Seymour died. The first time. What? He was my favourite. D:
3. When Tidus kissed Yuna. BECAUSE IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED. TIDUS CAN JUMP OFF A BRIDGE.

Spoiler: Sonic Adventure
The ending where Tikal and Chaos sort of. Just... went... away? D:

Spoiler: Dead Rising
Well. I was sad when Carlito died, but what made me even more saddererer was when Frank gave Isabela the locket. Ever since, I've been a fan of Carlito.

Spoiler: Resident Evil Code: Veronica
Alfred's death. That was a sad, sad time. Especially because I love Alfred. Little psycho. c:

Spoiler: Resident Evil 4
When Luis died. Because he was just plain cool.

Spoiler: Enchanted Arms
When I thought the Queen of Ice had killed the 'Mystery Man'. BECAUSE I KNOW WHO HE WAS. AND IT MADE ME SAD TO THINK HE WAS DEAD.

Okay. Maybe I didn't cry for all of them. BUT SOME OF THEM WERE VERY SAD.
I suppose Max/Franziska and Ron/Dessie. You should too.
Apparently, my avatar was made by Limey. Hooray!

Robo-Aly

Insho wrote:
Edit: Oh, and the ending to "Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" made me shed a tear... I think (it's been too long sense I last played it!)

The first time I saw that sequence was when my friend's sister beat it. I swear that I heard Midna say, "I'm gonna kill you."

Don't ask XD

Klavier: God of Prosecution

I've never cried from a video game, so I guess this will be a battle of what got me closest.
And the vote is unanimous.

Spoiler: Metal Gear Solid 3
"There's only room for one Boss and one Snake."

Proud PxM shipper.

The endings of 3-1 and 3-5

Spoiler: BIG Jak 3
When Damas died. He didn't even know Jak was his son!!!

ImageClick sig to go to my sig thread. If you would like one, you may request. Devoted Phoenix and Maya shipper. Also a Diego and Mia shipper.
My fanfic thread. Law, Lust, and Coffee currently ongoing (Miego).

Cracka-Lackin' wrote:
Oh man. This will be interesting. Let's see....

Spoiler: Final Fantasy X
There are a few times here.
1. When I found out Yuna would die. But she doesn't, so it's okay.
2. When Seymour died. The first time. What? He was my favourite. D:
3. When Tidus kissed Yuna. BECAUSE IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED. TIDUS CAN JUMP OFF A BRIDGE.

Yeah, Tidus is prolly THE most uncharismatic FF main character ever :yuusaku: Even Fighter from FF1 had more appeal T_T

If we're getting on the kissing thing...

Spoiler: Lost Odyssey
Why the hell didn't Kaim and Sarah ever kiss on-screen!? They're married, they've had a daughter, and they've been through some traumatic experiences. Yet the most romantic thing we actually see them do is a blurred out background hug/head-rub thing. AND IT WAS BLURRED! Why D=??? Heck, they hover near each other, but the closest physical contact after that is Kaim constantly holding her wrist and leading her behind him whenever they have to escape something.

End fangirl rant.

PS: Now that I think about it, maybe Sarah stays behind Kaim a lot so she can see his sweet ass :hotti:
Page 1 of 9 [ 337 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station