Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 3 of 5[ 186 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Fighting game fanatics Unite!Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Now I know I can't be the only one here watching Evo.

Just finished watching KOF Finals, watch it most years and it never disappoints.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

High level play

Pierre wrote:
Now I know I can't be the only one here watching Evo.

Just finished watching KOF Finals, watch it most years and it never disappoints.

Sorry Pierre, had to work 2 shifts this weekend and yesterday watching finals meant watching from 6PM till 7:30 AM. Didn't have time to check back in here. anyways:

I never played KOF, but that game is always hype. Not to mention that Tokido is one of my favorite players so when I saw him getting to finals I was hype as hell. The tension and hype was real during this game.

Blazblue isn't my kind of game, but if you reset the bracket with clutch play and enter the final round 2 -2 then you certainly have some exiting matches to watch. However, why were the top 8 handed their medals by a girl in kimono? Not to mention the waifu body pillows and waifu flags in the crowd. It's like these people are the embodiment of the term 'weaboo'

Didn't watch Injustice because of work and didn't watch KI because of the soccer final so if you guys have some info on it I'd be happy to hear it.

Melee was hype as hell! Don't have a particular moment I want to mention, but every match was exiting to watch. Mango is the deserved champion in this tournament in my opinion.

MAHVEL is always a joy to watch. Personally I hoped Jan would make it to a half-final since he uses a heavy hitting team instead of the regular top tier ones, but it can't be helped. Did absolutely not expect for Justin Wong to play this well with his Wolverine / Storm / Akuma. After many years he finally got the marvel 3 title and he deserved it! Great plays man, but next time don't start rolling on the floor for celebration, that was weird. The only thing I didn't like about Marvel was SkiSonic's commentary. It seems like his idea of good commentary is shouting random statements loudly. "he needs to look out! the timer is starting to run out!" when there was literally 50 seconds left... :ron:
Also -1 for not having Lythero in top 8

So Ultra SF. Maybe it was because I was awake for 24 hours at this point and it was 5:30 am, but it was really boring in my opinion. The matches against snake eyes (zangief) always dragged out really long because zoning plays such an important role in the match up. this could mean 75 seconds of waiting until something happened. I did have a blast watching Bon-chan and Fuudo, man those guys are good with their characters. Finally Louffy... I don't agree with him winning the finals. I know I should be exited an European won Evo, but most of Louffy's matches were so lame. I never had the idea that Louffy was playing well, but instead his character Rose was too good. And with that I mean the buffs Rose received in order to be ridiculously safe even with her EX reversal. It left a bad taste in my mouth afterwards.

End EVO post.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Pfffft! Street Fighter 4 has always been really boring! *shot*

Still Blazblue is my kinda game if you don't have a problem with the 'anime' side of it.
Every character has unique mechanics and the tournament was pretty amazing. My favourite BANG SHISHIGAMI (Defender of Justice) made it all the way to the losers Grand Finals defying tier lists before getting knocked out by Litchi.

DoraBang really knows how to play a crowd and he went out well at least but hey, he dropped a combo that would have won him the game so I guess the pressure just got to him.

Also I wanted to watch Lythero but due to work I never got the chance, how'd he do?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

High level play

Pierre wrote:

Still Blazblue is my kinda game if you don't have a problem with the 'anime' side of it.
Every character has unique mechanics and the tournament was pretty amazing. My favourite BANG SHISHIGAMI (Defender of Justice) made it all the way to the losers Grand Finals defying tier lists before getting knocked out by Litchi.

DoraBang really knows how to play a crowd and he went out well at least but hey, he dropped a combo that would have won him the game so I guess the pressure just got to him.

Also I wanted to watch Lythero but due to work I never got the chance, how'd he do?

Regarding USF4, let's not make this a 'yes it is vs no it's not' thing.

As for Lythero I didn't see his matches (since he didn't make it out of pools) but to put it in his own words: "Sry gaiz. Got put out by HiImNastyy. Felt a little robbed, but I made it pretty far. Just two matches from getting out of pools"

I"m not sure how KOF works, but DoraBang seemed to land a normal at the end and could have won the match by simply throwing his ... cinematic combo move. not sure if it's easy to link or not.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

You mean Blazblue?

DoraBang didn't play in KOF to my knowledge though KOF was certainly spectacular.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:
You mean Blazblue?

DoraBang didn't play in KOF to my knowledge though KOF was certainly spectacular.

Whoops my bad. I did mean the Blazblue final. I also fully agree about the KOF final.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Regarding USF4, let's not make this a 'yes it is vs no it's not' thing.

As for Lythero I didn't see his matches (since he didn't make it out of pools) but to put it in his own words: "Sry gaiz. Got put out by HiImNastyy. Felt a little robbed, but I made it pretty far. Just two matches from getting out of pools"

I"m not sure how KOF works, but DoraBang seemed to land a normal at the end and could have won the match by simply throwing his ... cinematic combo move. not sure if it's easy to link or not.

I'm going to assume you mean the Hammer of Justice where he beats the foe and drives them into the opposing wall. It's a wonderful little move for regular play because you get decent invincibility frames on the initial dash to the foe. So you flash buffer it against say...any other super and you'll counter them. I remember the satisfaction of dashing through Jin's (Bang's arch 'rival') Arctic dagger super to slam him into the wall opposite.

As for why he didn't pull it? Maybe it's too easily punished or I dunno...he cracked? He did drop a combo that would have won him the match I think he was just spent at that point once the momentum had left him.

Still vastly entertaining player DoraBang is.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Played some more marvel today being inspired by EVO and all. The last game was so hype that I felt the need to tell people about it, so here I go.

I start with my main team: Phoenix Wright/Dante/Zero versus Virgil/Amaturasu/Zero. Defending against Virgil is a nightmare, but I didn't want to risk the hard-tag so I just tried to deal with it. Amazingly enough I manage to block all his teleport mix-ups and his dash attack which crosses you up immediately. Sadly enough, I got loads of bad evidence. After going through 4 or 5 bad evidence I got a set of 3 legit evidence. But now Virgil had almost completely drained my life through chip damage. Opponent activates Cross-Over Combination and completely chips Phoenix out.

Dante comes in and since Virgil didn't have any meter I could block a fairly easy incoming mix-up. I hit Virgil with a basic combo ending in hyper and Sogenmu with Zero to get a favourable position to kill virgil. Opponent then hard tags in his zero, but I was ready. I hit him with another basic combo and his zero is down to 1/3th life (Can't do lightning loops I'm afraid) He gets me in a similar combo, but I get the next hit and even the score: 2 vs 2 characters.

His amaturasu blocks my incoming mix-up and proceeds to use his counter, from far away. I walk up expecting the thing to run out and attack, but apparently that counter never ends and even from behind still works. My face distorts upon realizing this and he kills my zero easily. Dante comes in with 3/4th life and has to face amatarasu with full health and a virgil now with 3/4th health.

His Amaturasu hits me in the incoming mixup, but doesn't have the meter to kill dante. Luckily he didn't kill with X-factor, but thats just a lucky break for me I guess. He comes charging in with a relentless assault of low attacks. I pushblock him away and use reverb shock to counter. Not only did I catch him, he also called his vergil assist. My earlier painful face now brimmed with joy as I cancelled into fireworks and that into million dollars. X FACTOR BABY! A little fearful of dropping the combo due to possible lag I simply used another million dollars. Virgil was down, but Amatarasu lived. I lauched Dante's homing missiles and he activates his X factor, but it was in vain. I teleported behind him creating a cross-up with the missiles and he bit the dust.

I put down my arcade stick and take a cold shower. I needed to literally and figuratively cool down after that match. My 8th lord ranked bar is again filled half-way (not 9th lord like in my signature), so today was definitely a good day.

Gettin' Old!

Sounds awesome Sir Jibbey :kristoph: Wish I could play on that level.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

It's pretty weird if you think about it. I definitely watched more marvel than I played. I'm not good by any means, but I do understand everything that's going on. This means I know the optimal strategy for offence and defense but I don't have the experience or skills to implement them. It might sound complex what I wrote before, but in reality is was a mediocre level match that happened to turn out very exciting.

Reading it back I also realize I used a lot of marvel jargon back there. If you need a term explained don't hesitate to ask.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
It's pretty weird if you think about it. I definitely watched more marvel than I played. I'm not good by any means, but I do understand everything that's going on. This means I know the optimal strategy for offence and defense but I don't have the experience or skills to implement them. It might sound complex what I wrote before, but in reality is was a mediocre level match that happened to turn out very exciting.

Reading it back I also realize I used a lot of marvel jargon back there. If you need a term explained don't hesitate to ask.

Don't put yourself down Sir Jibbey, Fighting Games are a massively difficult genre to break into on any level. What you've already achieved is certainly worth merit.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Yesterday I reached 7th lord with ranked Marvel! Not too special, but I'm climbing the ranks slowly and I'm playing games to the best of my ability lately.

Yo professor, you up for some player matches tomorrow (Friday)? I'll be free the entire afternoon. Last time I won about 33% of the matches and I want to see if that is now 50% or more.

Call me James

Sjibbey wrote:
Yesterday I reached 7th lord with ranked Marvel! Not too special, but I'm climbing the ranks slowly and I'm playing games to the best of my ability lately.

Yo professor, you up for some player matches tomorrow (Friday)? I'll be free the entire afternoon. Last time I won about 33% of the matches and I want to see if that is now 50% or more.

Haha, I really wish I could. Gotta get muh butt to work, though. Won't be back until quite late, unfortunately :sad-maya:

That, and Marvel's netcode has been absoutely Godawful for me this past week, have no idea why. Like, it's always been bad, but I was actually astounded at how shit it was :udgey:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Gettin' Old!

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:

Haha, I really wish I could. Gotta get muh butt to work, though. Won't be back until quite late, unfortunately :sad-maya:

That, and Marvel's netcode has been absoutely Godawful for me this past week, have no idea why. Like, it's always been bad, but I was actually astounded at how shit it was :udgey:

Does it still get hacked often?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Call me James

Pierre wrote:
Professor Yoshi wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:

Does it still get hacked often?

Hacked in what way, Pierre? To my knowledge it's never been hacked in a massive way, aside from everyone now using hacked teams with 3 of the same characters/a boss not intended for online play.

Gettin' Old!

Those ways you mentioned were exactly what I was thinking.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Call me James

Err...hehe.

Yeah, in that case. Mahvel's been hacked badly.

Call me James

So I had a spare couple of hours, and decided to play some Mahvel. One guy was using team Chris G, and it gets down to my Akuma vs his Derpgil Vergil. He beats me, and we both move along. Meet him again, and I really hate fighting that shit, so I decline the match. A moment later I receive a message from the guy reading "why u scared". I tell him I'm not scared, it's just I don't particularly like fighting team Chris G. Receive another message saying "Who's Chris G?"

My sides. Oh God, my sides. They're in orbit.

Gettin' Old!

W-Who's Chris G?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Call me James

Pierre wrote:
W-Who's Chris G?

It's fine for you not to know him, since you don't play that exact team and aren't coming at me with a cocky attitude like you're ten men. I just expected him to at least know the guy who made it, since he's basically using a cookie-cutter team and acting a bit high and mighty.

It's the guy who pretty much made that team he was using, though. Pretty infamous for it all, really. Morrigan/Doom/Vergil. Mostly the Morridoom combo, to be honest. Vergil is just there so you can activate level 3 X-factor, rub your face back and forth on the controller and win.

High level play

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Pierre wrote:
W-Who's Chris G?

It's fine for you not to know him, since you don't play that exact team and aren't coming at me with a cocky attitude like you're ten men. I just expected him to at least know the guy who made it, since he's basically using a cookie-cutter team and acting a bit high and mighty.

It's the guy who pretty much made that team he was using, though. Pretty infamous for it all, really. Morrigan/Doom/Vergil. Mostly the Morridoom combo, to be honest. Vergil is just there so you can activate level 3 X-factor, rub your face back and forth on the controller and win.

Also, Chris G is a famous marvel player who frequently ends in top 8 at EVO, but never seems to be able to win the tournament. About the ego thing, I don't know if he thought of it himself, but people sometimes change the nickname to Christ Jesus (Chris Gesus, get it?) because he thinks so highly of himself and calls himself godlike (although godlike is a fighting game term to describe a really good player or action)

Call me James

The thing with Chris, though, is that he has a tendency to let the crowd get to him a lot. And if he has a couple of losses, you can pretty much count him out, as he also gets down when he starts to lose and it ruins his chances. Which sucks because as much as I dislike the team he uses and his general attitude, he should at least win one Evo before Ultimate finishes.

High level play

So have you guys heard about Pokken? Its a fighting game currently in development featuring Pokemon as the fighters in a Tekken styled combat system.

Personally not to big on Tekken myself, but what are your thoughts on this guys?

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
So have you guys heard about Pokken? Its a fighting game currently in development featuring Pokemon as the fighters in a Tekken styled combat system.

Personally not to big on Tekken myself, but what are your thoughts on this guys?

Yeah in fact I'm pretty sure it got it's own topic here.

Still I like Tekken's system and Pokken is a hilarious pun on it's title, if they handle it properly it could be hilarious.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:

Still I like Tekken's system and Pokken is a hilarious pun on it's title, if they handle it properly it could be hilarious.

Well for now it's planned for a release in only Japanese arcades, which is a shame, but I'm definitely seeing potential for this to localized to the West.

Call me James

Sjibbey wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:

Well for now it's planned for a release in only Japanese arcades, which is a shame, but I'm definitely seeing potential for this to localized to the West.

I definitely see this being brought to consoles, both to Japan and other regions. More hype for the WiiU, why not?

I'm also seeing a trend of Nintendo franchises having interesting spins put on them. Zelda-styled Samurai Warriors, now Pokemon-styled Tekken. What next, I wonder? :think-pw:

Gettin' Old!

Actually "What's next" is already confirmed.

Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei (and a corresponding Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem).

Yeah Nintendo does interesting stuff.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Even one of the new sonic games has a hyrule overfield (OoT) DLC level. It's stuff that would blow your mind when you were a kid.

It's kind of the chunky salsa theory used in the Game Theory series. You don't know what you want unless it's presented to you in the right way. Personally I'm hoping for something cool with the Advanced Wars series. Those games kicked ass.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
Even one of the new sonic games has a hyrule overfield (OoT) DLC level. It's stuff that would blow your mind when you were a kid.

It's kind of the chunky salsa theory used in the Game Theory series. You don't know what you want unless it's presented to you in the right way. Personally I'm hoping for something cool with the Advanced Wars series. Those games kicked ass.

I sorely miss Advance Wars...lets hope they come back someday.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Call me James

I kinda hope they bring back Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!/Elite Beat Agents. Been over 7 years since the last one came out.

But yeah, Advance Wars needs to come back, also.

High level play

Ah Elite Beat Agents... the only game which can make me crazy hype for a song like September.

(I liked the song in general, but since that game I go nuts when I hear it)

An Enigma Among Humans

I have just gotten Super Street Fighter IV for the 3DS and I have been playing a lot as Ibuki. Is she by any means a week character? Because I am actuality doing very well, and I don't want to put all my time into a character that I will get me my ass handed to me.

Gettin' Old!

Lord Doitsu wrote:
I have just gotten Super Street Fighter IV for the 3DS and I have been playing a lot as Ibuki. Is she by any means a week character? Because I am actuality doing very well, and I don't want to put all my time into a character that I will get me my ass handed to me.

Don't play Tiers.

You like Ibuki? Play her, learn her well. If you only play the best rather than the one you like then it's hardly fun at all.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:
Lord Doitsu wrote:

Don't play Tiers.

You like Ibuki? Play her, learn her well. If you only play the best rather than the one you like then it's hardly fun at all.

That said, Ibuki is a good character, but not among the best in the game. Her strength lies in her offense and with by timing her kunai when going for a cross-up (jumping on the center of the head of a character so your opponent has to guess whether to block left or right) you can create a scenario which you get a full combo or put your opponent in a block string, but you'll still have the initiative.

Sadly becoming good with Ibuki is very hard, especially for starting players. And if you can't use her mobility 100%, you'll be at a significant disadvantage against other players.

An Enigma Among Humans

I am playing the arcade mode with her progressively upping the difficulty. I breezed thru Easy and Medium, but I'm having trouble betting Seth on Medium Hard, and I got stuck on Guile for the longest time, until I changed my costume from the School Girl outfit to the original outfit.

Wrap your head around that one. i.e. I was getting my ass handed to me as Ibuki while fighting Guile, and I beat his ass in one fail swoop when I changed my costume.

High level play

Hmm, starting against the CPU isn't bad. It's a good way to safely experiment with the fundamentals. But determining how good you are doesn't work quite well against the CPU.
If you really want to improve I suggest player vs player matches.

An Enigma Among Humans

I would love to... if anyone actualy played Street Fighter 4 for the 3DS anymore. :sadshoe:

Gettin' Old!

Lord Doitsu wrote:
I would love to... if anyone actualy played Street Fighter 4 for the 3DS anymore. :sadshoe:

Haha sorry I traded mine in, tried it for a while and it didn't grab me. Went online for a bit and encountered a lot of Kens and Ryus.

SF4 ain't my kinda fighting game.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:
Lord Doitsu wrote:

Haha sorry I traded mine in, tried it for a while and it didn't grab me. Went online for a bit and encountered a lot of Kens and Ryus.

SF4 ain't my kinda fighting game.

Although I have it on steam and on Xbox 360 I don't own the 3DS copy I'm afraid. Seemed like a silly thing to do, buying it for the DS when I had it on my Xbox and I'm used to playing with an arcade stick.

An Enigma Among Humans

It's ok. I got it when I traded in LBW (which has a trade-in value of $20) and it was avalivle used for $17, so I figured it would entertain me till PLvsPW, as I had just gotten the ios port for $5 and liked it (it was significantly easier, but still fun), and it is fun. I just can't play anyone as I got it late.
Page 3 of 5 [ 186 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station