Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 8 of 13[ 512 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title

It's the constant fact that I see nothing around me that bothers me. Especially if I were to form an opinion on the game, which includes graphics. I WANT to see what's going on around me. I WANT to see the work that went into every department, including the graphics, when making this game. Oh sure, the character models may look nice, but what about the environment around them? Giving me BLACK won't let me see properly. Just makes me think they focused too much on the character models and then slapped the environment together and dimmed the lights so I don't see any mistakes in it.

It's infuriating, not scary for me. I want to see what I'm doing, I don't want fucking FAKE DIFFICULTY added to my horror games by playing a game of "Round and round you go, where you stop nobody knows and you can't see shit!" I don't want to have to stumble around in a room of items and have a tougher time killing an enemy because it's TOO FUCKING DARK TO SEE. I'd much rather they managed to give me atmosphere without pissing me off by the effect of removing the capability of ONE of my senses.

DreadOut does that as well, I admit, with the mentioned lack of music for the most part. But the tense atmosphere also came from the fact that it's a ghost town and there are some pretty strange posters hanging around, when you aren't in a room with a huge mirror that gradually is drenched with blood as you defeat the enemy. (It might also help that the player may not know Indonesian, so what is written on the posters or what the singing may mean is unfamiliar to them, which makes them uncomfortable. Though from what I've read they actually include puns and such)

C-A

You know what really grinds my gears as a gamer? Pointless goose chases that serve no purpose except padding the game time.

I've seen them so often - Tales of Phantasia had it with not only forcing you to walk across the whole desert to various oasises (oasi?) just to be told Edward was at the next one, then to be told he's already back in Olive Village and then being forced to collect 5 Basilik Scales because, screw you, Edward isn't quite here yet after all.
Pokémon likes to do that, too!

"The gym leader is currently not here, s/he went to this area here if you want to go wandering". Yeah, thanks, Game. Like I didn't JUST waste a good hour or so going back to Stonehenge Geosenge to stop a guy who is so boring, it makes me want to sleep, and then wandering to the latest town, you want me to go to this other area because... screw you, that's why!

At least have a decent reason to do this! And don't tell me I need to collect a fruit out of the water the long way when I have at least two party members who have wings and could just fly up and grab it. Or god forbid I just pick it out of the water. I have yet to see a game that gave me a damn good reason why I cannot go somewhere yet because padding. (Lumiose's City has a blackout? Dude, IT'S DAY ALL THE TIME, I doubt a blackout will cause me to be incapable of walking down a street!)

C-A

I've felt worse.

Quote:
Tales of Phantasia had it with not only forcing you to walk across the whole desert to various oasises (oasi?) just to be told Edward was at the next one, then to be told he's already back in Olive Village and then being forced to collect 5 Basilik Scales because, screw you, Edward isn't quite here yet after all.

Oases*
And then the RNG felt like being a dick and forcing the player to waste an hour looking for basilisk scales. Ugh...
Quote:
And don't tell me I need to collect a fruit out of the water the long way when I have at least two party members who have wings and could just fly up and grab it. Or god forbid I just pick it out of the water

Two party members with wings? What did I miss?
CatMuto wrote:
(Lumiose's City has a blackout? Dude, IT'S DAY ALL THE TIME, I doubt a blackout will cause me to be incapable of walking down a street!)

X&Y do have day/night cycles. Which actually makes it even worse, since if you go there at night, you can see lights turned on in the exact place that's supposed to have a blackout.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Hates Teen Titan justice

YKWRGMGAAG

The fact everytime they change the va of the game you wonder why the hell do they sound like a whiny teen

(ex: sotn remastered version what the hell did you to Maria and alucards voice!?!?) :fire:
"They won't find the generators Robin and they can't see me they can't see the truth Robin even when it's right in front of them."-Slade

I've felt worse.

Sladetheprosecutor wrote:
YKWRGMGAAG

The fact everytime they change the va of the game you wonder why the hell do they sound like a whiny teen

(ex: sotn remastered version what the hell did you to Maria and alucards voice!?!?) :fire:

Maria's voice sounded a bit stiff in the original game, so her new voice didn't bother me too much. Alucard, on the other hand, just had to be given the voice of freaking Yuri Lowenthal when there are so many better options for his character.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Do you see the black one...or the white?

May be slightly off subject, but Alucard's original voice in SOTN was just announced to be in IGA's new game, Bloodstained, so that's cool.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Hates Teen Titan justice

dullahan1 wrote:
May be slightly off subject, but Alucard's original voice in SOTN was just announced to be in IGA's new game, Bloodstained, so that's cool.

Whoo hoo
"They won't find the generators Robin and they can't see me they can't see the truth Robin even when it's right in front of them."-Slade

sumguy28 wrote:
Two party members with wings? What did I miss?

Spoiler: Tales of Symphonia Spoilers
Collet has wings and Zelos has wings, too. You just never see them unless you picked Kratos in Flanoir and fight Zelos. Technically, Lloyd has wings, too, but his never appear until the end.

Quote:
X&Y do have day/night cycles. Which actually makes it even worse, since if you go there at night, you can see lights turned on in the exact place that's supposed to have a blackout.

Yeah, I forgot about the Day/Night cycle, I barely ever play during later hours of the day. It's still kinda dumb. I mean, sure the facilities may not work, but I'm pretty sure I could walk along the streets. (Still doesn't change the fact that it's kinda dumb)

C-A

Oh Cat, you echo the voices of players everywhere that encounter these kinds of roadblocks in any visible game. We call 'em invisible plot walls. Walls that may not be passed until you get through a certain amount of plot in a game.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Best one is in Black/White 2. It's a line of dancing guys who actually tell you they're in your way for no reason but will at some point disappear without a trace.

In Justice We Trust

dullahan1 wrote:
We call 'em invisible plot walls.

I call it railroading.
I'll always love you, Max.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Best one is in Black/White 2. It's a line of dancing guys who actually tell you they're in your way for no reason but will at some point disappear without a trace.

You know, thinking about it, didn't Pokemon use the "city has a blackout" excuse before X and Y? I wanna say in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

You know, thinking about it, didn't Pokemon use the "city has a blackout" excuse before X and Y? I wanna say in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

What I found looking for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum is this: Another ridiculous example is in the Old Château and the Canalave Library in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, where you can't step over books.

In the fourth generation games, there's a man that blocks access to Sunyshore City because... there's a blackout. Exactly why that would make it dangerous to go to the city is a mystery.

in Platinum you're chasing a criminal who just SET OFF A BOMB. He leaves the vision of the player, but if you follow the path which you saw him leave from, you come to the entrance of a lakefront blocked by two generic men with cameras saying "we're filming the lake." Guess where the whole evil organization sets off another bomb...

Diamond/Pearl: you've just gotten the bike, and you want to go back to Floaroma Town to check the trees you smeared with honey. Cue an NPC who wants you to go on the Cycling Road and simply will not let you pass until you go down it and come back. What's especially funny is that there doesn't appear to be any reason for him to be there - he's not even preventing you from Sequence Breaking, because you are trying to go back the way you came.

Those are all the NPC Roadblocks or Fences I saw listed.

C-A

Elohim Essaim Elohim Essaim

Pokèmon could probably be considered one of the worst offenders when it comes to NPC roadblocks. Remember the old man in Viridian City from Blue/Red or the dumb scientist in Oldale Town from R/S/E who was investigating his own footprints?
"I'm in lesbians with you" - Scott Pilgrim

Gettin' Old!

TheMoonlitAttorney wrote:
Pokèmon could probably be considered one of the worst offenders when it comes to NPC roadblocks. Remember the old man in Viridian City from Blue/Red or the dumb scientist in Oldale Town from R/S/E who was investigating his own footprints?

I think by this point they are just downright self-aware of it and making fun of themselves.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:

I think by this point they are just downright self-aware of it and making fun of themselves.

They are. And they do. I dunno what I'd rather get rid of: the NPC Roadblocks or the unnecessary save-the-world shoved into it. I already have a goal in the game, no need to "up the ante" if you will. (Especially if the team I have to fight are super easy to beat)

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
They are. And they do. I dunno what I'd rather get rid of: the NPC Roadblocks or the unnecessary save-the-world shoved into it.

Why not both?

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
They are. And they do. I dunno what I'd rather get rid of: the NPC Roadblocks or the unnecessary save-the-world shoved into it.

Why not both?

I can answer that!

I actually like having a proper plot in my games other than "beat the elite four" especially when such high concepts as Pokegods are involved and previous wars are hinted at.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

In Justice We Trust

Sometimes I wonder if the games should treat beating the main bad guys as the main quest and beating the Gyms and the Elite Four as a sidequest.

General Luigi wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if the games should treat beating the main bad guys as the main quest and beating the Gyms and the Elite Four as a sidequest.

Then again, who considers the Pokèmon League as the main quest? I've personally always considered the villians' plot as the main quest. The Pokèmon League would basically be an after story thing if you weren't forced to complete half of it first.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:

Then again, who considers the Pokèmon League as the main quest? I've personally always considered the villians' plot as the main quest. The Pokèmon League would basically be an after story thing if you weren't forced to complete half of it first.

Cat must apparently seeing as she believes there doesn't need to be a "villain's plot" quest.
Honestly overall I just wish the world was more cohesive. When the supervillain announces his plan on the equivalent of Google I'd expect some people to be frightened or startled or determined to stop them. I'd expect to see people from all across the world get together to make a plan to stop them.

Though for the most part they don't touch on this. I guess it just doesn't suit their target audience but I'd like to see spin off games experimenting with a more serious plot.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pokèmon Black and White are probably the closest to having people from all over getting involved. Only, rather than people, it's just the gym leaders doing what they should have been doing from the beginning.

But Pokèmon should really be a bit more serious. Or at least the character design anyway.

I don't mind the villain quests, but it feels that since Gold/Silver, they really upped the ante WAY too much from common mafia like thugs to suddenly saving the world. I'm not against beating the bad guys in Pokemon, but the games just feel like they want to build it up on a far more epic scale than what it needs to be. I think it's why I appreciated Black and White. The villains went back and became more down to earth as opposed to what the previous Gens were. And I'm sorry, but the plot of releasing Pokemon was written SO much better than the stupid plot of summoning TIME AND SPACE AND GOD.

But whether the villains serve as a side plot like in RBY, GSC or a main plot like in BW, if it's written well, I don't mind. It's just a trend I noticed with the games is when they try to take the plot to a grand scale, the games just feel poorly written. Perhaps if they could do it right, I wouldn't mind, but right now, I don't. RSE don't bother me as much, but the plot of DPPt is just too absurd and XY is just forgettable, and these are the plots the supposedly have the most at stake.

It's not nostalgia goggles either, I just have more of a preference of a plot that's more small scale bad for Pokemon as opposed to big scale. I still enjoy 4th and 6th gen. enough, but they definitely aren't games I'll immediately go to when I get on a Pokemon fix. I will say as silly as the plot is for 3rd Gen., to me it meets a nice mix of a small scale/large scale threat.

And as for Roadblocks, why has nobody mentioned the Psyducks with the headaches?! What's stopping you from taking your Pokemon out and making them faint? You're killing God, why not take out a few Psyducks along the way?

And as for Pokemon being serious. It HAS to be done well, otherwise I prefer it silly. Platinum tried to be serious and failed. Black and White was better. One thing, to me, that would play as to whether it should take a serious or silly plot would be the age of the protagonist. I'd much prefer an older protagonist if the game wants to be serious, not someone who's 10.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
I don't mind the villain quests, but it feels that since Gold/Silver, they really upped the ante WAY too much from common mafia like thugs to suddenly saving the world. I'm not against beating the bad guys in Pokemon, but the games just feel like they want to build it up on a far more epic scale than what it needs to be. I think it's why I appreciated Black and White. The villains went back and became more down to earth as opposed to what the previous Gens were. And I'm sorry, but the plot of releasing Pokemon was written SO much better than the stupid plot of summoning TIME AND SPACE AND GOD.

But whether the villains serve as a side plot like in RBY, GSC or a main plot like in BW, if it's written well, I don't mind. It's just a trend I noticed with the games is when they try to take the plot to a grand scale, the games just feel poorly written. Perhaps if they could do it right, I wouldn't mind, but right now, I don't. RSE don't bother me as much, but the plot of DPPt is just too absurd and XY is just forgettable, and these are the plots the supposedly have the most at stake.

It's not nostalgia goggles either, I just have more of a preference of a plot that's more small scale bad for Pokemon as opposed to big scale. I still enjoy 4th and 6th gen. enough, but they definitely aren't games I'll immediately go to when I get on a Pokemon fix. I will say as silly as the plot is for 3rd Gen., to me it meets a nice mix of a small scale/large scale threat.

And as for Roadblocks, why has nobody mentioned the Psyducks with the headaches?! What's stopping you from taking your Pokemon out and making them faint? You're killing God, why not take out a few Psyducks along the way?

And as for Pokemon being serious. It HAS to be done well, otherwise I prefer it silly. Platinum tried to be serious and failed. Black and White was better. One thing, to me, that would play as to whether it should take a serious or silly plot would be the age of the protagonist. I'd much prefer an older protagonist if the game wants to be serious, not someone who's 10.

Amazing. Everything you said is basically correct, including the thing about the Psyducks. However, I don't think the villian plot was too forgettable in X/Y. Looking at it a little closer, doesn't it seem a little... refreshing compared to the villian plot from the 4th gen games? Lysandre just wanted to destroy the world just to destroy it, rather than Cyrus' s cliché "perfect world" plan.

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Why not both?

I can answer that!

I actually like having a proper plot in my games other than "beat the elite four" especially when such high concepts as Pokegods are involved and previous wars are hinted at.

I don't mind them making previous wars, but stop making the villains so freaking bland and boring. "Bwahaha, I am not gonna do anything on my own - all I will do is awaken this ancient Pokémon and let THEM do everything! Bwaahaahaa, I am evil, therefore fear me!" I think I was more scared of Wallace when I saw ORAS Nuzlockes than any of the villains I have seen in Pokémon to date.

Quote:
Cat must apparently seeing as she believes there doesn't need to be a "villain's plot" quest.

Not necessarily the Pokémon League, but I always figured the point of a Pokémon game was to "Catch 'Em All" and "Be The Very Best". More like a collection game than really something I'd call a Roleplaying Game, with some fighting added into it. I guess I just don't BUY the villain stuff in Pokémon games.
I'm a usually-10-year-old Trainer and I'm the one stopping the villain? Why doesn't the villain just drown me? Throw me into a lavapit or just beat me up? Come on, it'd make more sense than say, "You made my Pokémon faint! Despite being perfectly conscious myself, I have lost and must now leave! I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME, GADGET!!"
Guess I just don't have the willing suspension of disbelief for that in the game.

Quote:
Pokèmon Black and White are probably the closest to having people from all over getting involved.

I had Pokémon Black but then gave up in that Forest I think... I dunno, something just got so boring after the head was taken from the museum. Though I think X/Y was worse in terms of pacing, what with there being such a gap between Gym 1 and Gym 2.

Quote:
they really upped the ante WAY too much from common mafia like thugs to suddenly saving the world. I'm not against beating the bad guys in Pokemon, but the games just feel like they want to build it up on a far more epic scale than what it needs to be.

Yeah, this. If they want me to do some improving the world thing on the side, keep it somewhat small: even if it's something dumb like rescuing Slowtails whose tails have been cut off.

Quote:
One thing, to me, that would play as to whether it should take a serious or silly plot would be the age of the protagonist. I'd much prefer an older protagonist if the game wants to be serious, not someone who's 10.

I'd like to see something done similar in the vein of the first half of Power Rangers RPM. Feels VERY unfamiliar and is pretty serious and dark BUT it still has some really, really downright silly moments in it. And it worked. You had something serious that could appeal to older people, to the point that it might have serious elements in it that younger players may not immediately recognize. But you also have silly stuff that is kind of a thing of the game, like having a roadblock NPC that tells you "I'm just here to block your way. I'll disappear eventually." like those dancers.
I do want them to retain trainer customization.
I love customizing characters. I didn't even like the female pokémon trainer design until Gen IV (though the Firered/Leafgreen one was decent)

Quote:
However, I don't think the villian plot was too forgettable in X/Y. Looking at it a little closer, doesn't it seem a little... refreshing compared to the villian plot from the 4th gen games? Lysandre just wanted to destroy the world just to destroy it, rather than Cyrus' s cliché "perfect world" plan.

Wasn't Lysandre kind of on about removing Pokémon, resetting the world to just humans and we'd be perfect? I like the idea behind it, with the man who resurrected a Pokémon, but at the cost of other Pokémons lives. In fact, I'd find that more interesting than Lysandre, they could make a nice, serious and kind of sad story about that. Especially with the guy looking for the Pokémon that left him.

C-A

Perhaps I'm just overthinking it, but if Lysandre got rid of all pokèmon, humanity would be in a really bad spot. Humans co-exist with pokèmon, so if pokèmon were to suddenly disappear... well I can only imagine the chaos that would ensue.

I think from what I heard, Lysandre's reason for wanting to destroy the world differs between X and Y, but it's really just all about cleansing the world and making an ideal world for himself. Really, the plot essentially boils down to the same as Cyrus, just done a little differently.

Quote:
I don't mind them making previous wars, but stop making the villains so freaking bland and boring. "Bwahaha, I am not gonna do anything on my own - all I will do is awaken this ancient Pokémon and let THEM do everything! Bwaahaahaa, I am evil, therefore fear me!" I think I was more scared of Wallace when I saw ORAS Nuzlockes than any of the villains I have seen in Pokémon to date.

Wow, you described the plot to Platinum perfectly. It's why I don't like it. While Ruby and Sapphire are essentially the same, what set them apart is the team actually thought what they were doing was for the greater good of people and Pokemon. But again, this is what I like about RBY, GSC, and to an extent, BW.

In RBY it's all about trafficking Pokemon to make money. They aren't even looking for legendaries.
In GSC, they're looking for Giovanni, so they perform heinous acts. The legendary Pokemon are tied to the mythos of that world, but not to the evil team at all.
In Black/White, N is looking for the legendary Pokemon, but not for destruction. He just wants to find it to see if it will deem him worthy of being the hero to save Pokemon. While Team Plasma wants to use it for destruction, I give it a major pass because it's not the main focus. Honestly, you get far enough, I think N is actually the only interesting villain in the series to date because of how different this approach is.

Quote:
Not necessarily the Pokémon League, but I always figured the point of a Pokémon game was to "Catch 'Em All" and "Be The Very Best". More like a collection game than really something I'd call a Roleplaying Game, with some fighting added into it. I guess I just don't BUY the villain stuff in Pokémon games.
I'm a usually-10-year-old Trainer and I'm the one stopping the villain? Why doesn't the villain just drown me? Throw me into a lavapit or just beat me up? Come on, it'd make more sense than say, "You made my Pokémon faint! Despite being perfectly conscious myself, I have lost and must now leave! I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME, GADGET!!"
Guess I just don't have the willing suspension of disbelief for that in the game.

I want to say the whole "Catch 'em all" bit, I believe was retired after Gen.2 because they just started having too many Pokemon. Either there or after Gen.3.

The 10 year old trainer doesn't bug me in the first two Gens. because the thugs are rather silly, but their methods are more down to earth. In Gen.2, I'm a little more lenient because Lance, the champion is aware, and I always felt he'd step in where you couldn't.

Gen. 4, they try to help, but it makes me mad because in the end, they're all "only you can take care of the evil leader and God pokemon." UGH!!!!

But again, your point is why I like Black and White more. The protagonist is older than 10, makes it a bit more believable. You have the support of the Gym Leaders so you're not just soloing this. Heck, even your friends are trying at points to help out too. It's why I like it because it's not just another solo mission of stopping the bad guys despite being young. And even when you are soloing, it's against N, and his reasons for leaving after a fight actually make sense. He's not really the violent type.

Quote:
I had Pokémon Black but then gave up in that Forest I think... I dunno, something just got so boring after the head was taken from the museum. Though I think X/Y was worse in terms of pacing, what with there being such a gap between Gym 1 and Gym 2.

Yeah... X and Y's pacing is pretty poor. The first few gyms are spaced so far out, then afterwards they're all back to back to back. Probably the worse paced in the series imo. I like exploring between each gym, but I felt like the game either offered too much or too little.

Quote:
I'd like to see something done similar in the vein of the first half of Power Rangers RPM. Feels VERY unfamiliar and is pretty serious and dark BUT it still has some really, really downright silly moments in it. And it worked. You had something serious that could appeal to older people, to the point that it might have serious elements in it that younger players may not immediately recognize. But you also have silly stuff that is kind of a thing of the game, like having a roadblock NPC that tells you "I'm just here to block your way. I'll disappear eventually." like those dancers.

Yeah, I've been praising Black and White a lot, but even that game has some stupid roadblocks.

As for your comparison on adding dark to Pokemon, it has done it in some instances, though a lot more in the world building than in the main plot itself.

Off the top of my head, Gen. 1 had the infamous Lavender Town, explaining Pokemon died. Learning through world building, you learned that the gentle Mr. Fuji experimented cruelly on Pokemon, creating Mewtwo.

Gen.2, as minimal as it is, I think the Rival is the darkest seen in the series. He's pretty much a villain, willing to punish his Pokemon, threatening them, just to get what he wants.

I also know the series as of late has really been having a lot of fun with inserting ghostly humans here and there just to mess with you.

These are just a few, but Pokemon does have some dark undertones here and there. While not as dark as other games, it's definitely apparent enough to recognize from the usual happy vibes that the games give. There's tales of people killing Pokemon and vice versa, wondering if it's ethical to eat Pokemon for nourishment and the like. You just gotta look for it, but it's there. And I like it because it's world building. I will say, that is one thing I think every Pokemon game has usually gotten right. I'll even credit Platinum for this as well.

Quote:
Wasn't Lysandre kind of on about removing Pokémon, resetting the world to just humans and we'd be perfect? I like the idea behind it, with the man who resurrected a Pokémon, but at the cost of other Pokémons lives. In fact, I'd find that more interesting than Lysandre, they could make a nice, serious and kind of sad story about that. Especially with the guy looking for the Pokémon that left him.

I think it was just about creating a perfect world essentially. Whereas I think Cyrus wanted to get rid of humans, Lysandre wanted to do it to both humans and Pokemon, both villains just wanting to keep the ones they deemed important.

As bland as I found the plot to X and Y, I quite enjoyed the whole backstory revolving the tall dude and his Pokemon. I found him MUCH more interesting than Lysandre myself. He had some great characterization and he wasn't flat. I feel they tried not to make Lysandre flat as well, but in doing so, made him the same stereotype as in past games. Someone who started kind, became overwhelmed by their emotions so they want to change the world, becomes evil because of it, then when defeated, becomes apologetic. It was the same exact thing with Cyrus.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Let's all just agree that the spin-off games are better than the main games. Especially Pokèmon Colosseum.

Quote:
Someone who started kind, became overwhelmed by their emotions so they want to change the world, becomes evil because of it, then when defeated, becomes apologetic. It was the same exact thing with Cyrus.

And you could, technically, make that a really nice story for a Pokémon game. Instead of saving the world, you're basically just helping this guy you recently met and help him finding his Pokémon because he wants to see it again. Be it for reasons of loving it, wanting to say sorry for using several lives to get its life back, maybe even go the route of the man dying soon and wanting to see it one last time. Something actually small, but emotionally so much more intense.

The guy's entire appearance was already more interesting than Lysandre's. Lysandre was... Bwah, obviously evil. Ganondorf, only lightskinned. And super-saiyan. This guy was not just TALL, he looked like a bum and not seeing his eyes can be interesting. Maybe even go the route that he let his hair grow so long and over his eyes so that he won't see the world as evil as it is or how he made it.

They could really do something with this guy. But instead, he's shoved aside, imprisoned and I haven't seen him since. Though I haven't finished yet, still have to find Mr 8th Gym Leader in the Wonder Woods or whatever.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
They could really do something with this guy. But instead, he's shoved aside, imprisoned and I haven't seen him since. Though I haven't finished yet, still have to find Mr 8th Gym Leader in the Wonder Woods or whatever.

You haven't finished? The ending is... surprising to say the least.

CatMuto wrote:

Shauna turns evil, Sycamore confesses his love with Lysandre and the two ride off into the sunset on a bicycle-built-for-two and my pokémon (Delphox) incinerates all of Kalos?

Yeah I'm at the stage where I don't wanna play for a bit. I have a Sylveon and Delphox, those two are the main thing killing everything in my path right now and I have a Lucario that is quickly becoming useless and a Venasaur who I only use when a water-type appears. And maybe it's me but Mega Evolution doesn't seem to DO all that much. At least, aside from one battle with Korrina (who I technically defeated outside of her gym earlier, why did I have to fight her again for the badge?) I never saw the NEED to use Mega Evolution.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Shauna turns evil, Sycamore confesses his love with Lysandre and the two ride off into the sunset on a bicycle-built-for-two and my pokémon (Delphox) incinerates all of Kalos?

Maybe.
CatMuto wrote:
Yeah I'm at the stage where I don't wanna play for a bit. I have a Sylveon and Delphox, those two are the main thing killing everything in my path right now and I have a Lucario that is quickly becoming useless and a Venasaur who I only use when a water-type appears. And maybe it's me but Mega Evolution doesn't seem to DO all that much. At least, aside from one battle with Korrina (who I technically defeated outside of her gym earlier, why did I have to fight her again for the badge?) I never saw the NEED to use Mega Evolution.

Firstly, Sylveons are tanks. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Secondly, Mega Evolution is pointless in X/Y, but to me, held more importance in ORAS; especially when going against the Elite Four after beating them the first time.

Hey Cat, go and beat the end of X and Y and let me know what you think.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:

I would say it might have been surprising if the Internet didn't spoil it for me via obnoxious memes.

dullahan1 wrote:

Definitely will.

Quote:
Firstly, Sylveons are tanks.

Oh, no need to tell me! I realized that. I saw a Nuzlocke for Y at first and they also had a Sylveon (which is why I wanted one. It's pink!) and they said Fairy seemed really overpowered. Since I've got a Sylveon myself, holy shit, that thing can practically go through everything! This is one more reason why my 3DS Friend-Card Message is "Eevee FTW" (I love Eevee. It's so cute. And versatile.)

Quote:
I would say it might have been surprising if the Internet didn't spoil it for me via obnoxious memes.

Holy shit, I'm managing to avoid spoilers!? :beef:

Speaking of, I saw drawings of a blond guy who looks like a chef. I think he's one of the Elite 4 in one of the newer Pokemon games? This one or ORAS? Dunno, I just remember him cause my friend had him on her tumblr several times.

C-A

Back in it, hopefully for the better

CatMuto wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Definitely will.

Quote:
Firstly, Sylveons are tanks.

Oh, no need to tell me! I realized that. I saw a Nuzlocke for Y at first and they also had a Sylveon (which is why I wanted one. It's pink!) and they said Fairy seemed really overpowered. Since I've got a Sylveon myself, holy shit, that thing can practically go through everything! This is one more reason why my 3DS Friend-Card Message is "Eevee FTW" (I love Eevee. It's so cute. And versatile.)

Quote:

Holy shit, I'm managing to avoid spoilers!? :beef:

Speaking of, I saw drawings of a blond guy who looks like a chef. I think he's one of the Elite 4 in one of the newer Pokemon games? This one or ORAS? Dunno, I just remember him cause my friend had him on her tumblr several times.

C-A

Blond guy who looks like a chef? Do you mean:
His name is Siebold.

You know what really grinds my gears? Well, actually more a pet peeve: Hairs and clothes clipping into each other in videogames.

Now, I noticed it a lot in Xillia. But okay, that game was pretty rushed, I can understand that clipping is not the main issue to focus on, when you're trying (and failing) at getting your game out for an important anniversary. (Though I personally find the 'middle-Anniversaries' to not be so important)

But I also noticed it a lot in Xillia 2. And this includes it happening in both games in the default outfits! Seriously? We are in the 21st century! We have good technology, which is still being improved daily, and you can't even prevent that?! Now, in alternate outfits, I might understand this happening. But the default one? With the hair and clothes the way you specifically designed the character?

And even Zelda isn't immune to this. It's been 25 years and they still cannot prevent Link's damn hood clipping into his shield.

As said, it's a pet peeve of mine, but it looks really, really stupid and it really takes me out of enjoying the game. It just makes me think of them screaming in pain when the bottom of their hair 'spikes' slam into their back or through their shoulders. Including the hilariously exaggerated 'crank' sound their hair must make, whenever they move their head.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

@Cat : My girlfriend is very much the same. She'll throw out an entire outfit she has been working on for ages in FFXIV if she finds it clips into her hair or another part of her outfit

(Actually a cry for help my girlfriend spends so much on clothes in FFXIV we can't afford a house.)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

That always got to me, too, though I will agree to it being more of a pet peeve than anything else--one of those unfortunate little immersion-killers. Funny how the brain works when it comes to immersion in video games. We don't bat an eye at someone using a thick book to help them unleash a jet of flame from their hand, but if that someone's hair appears to go through their torso, we're jerked back to reality.

General Luigi wrote:
That always got to me, too, though I will agree to it being more of a pet peeve than anything else--one of those unfortunate little immersion-killers. Funny how the brain works when it comes to immersion in video games. We don't bat an eye at someone using a thick book to help them unleash a jet of flame from their hand, but if that someone's hair appears to go through their torso, we're jerked back to reality.

Well, I don't really go for immersion to begin with. Though it is always weird for me to see someone casting a spell on someone, who doesn't move an inch. Like, "You! Mage woman! Your book, that you use to channel your magic, is moving! I will... stand here. Oh, no! You hit me!" Like... uh... durr? :eh?:

C-A
Page 8 of 13 [ 512 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station