Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 1[ 23 posts ]

PS vita vs nintendo 3dsTopic%20Title

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

Which is better overall the ps vita or nintendo 3ds I am torn between the two but I mainly play JRPG's I know vita has persona 4 golden and ps1 libarary but I am a big ace attorney fan and like professor layton which is why I lean towards 3ds.
Any help based round hardware and which has better games which be great

thanks
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Re: PS vita vs nintendo 3dsTopic%20Title

As far as hardware, Vita is objectively better

Games are what matter though

Most people here have a 3DS so I'll let them tell you what's good on that

Vita has P4G which is Persona 4 only better so that's a no-brainer (inb4 cat coming in to say the new stuff is stupid and pointless and etc)

There's also Ys IV: Memories of Celceta, a really fun action RPG with awesome as shit music

There's the Atelier games, lighthearted series where you go around gathering stuff for alchemy and making friends and so on

Conception 2 is a dungeon crawl/dating sim, grinding drove me crazy but your mileage may vary

Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth is coming out at the end of the month, that should be pretty good if you're into those super-animoo type games like I am

And like you said there's a ton of PS1 games you can get off the online store

One thing I should mention is memory sticks for the Vita are expensive as hell, just something to keep in mind

Ah thank you Franzise Deauxnim that has been most helpful as one thing that bothered me about psp was having to buy costly memory cards , I thought the vita had built in memory :( thank you :)
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

Quote:
(inb4 cat coming in to say the new stuff is stupid and pointless and etc)

I only say the added stuff is dumb cause P4 is great without it on the PS2. :ron:
Also, no Dual Audio, WTF.

I have a 3DS. Two in fact, due to one major problem with it: Region Lock.
It might not bother you, depending on whether you import games at all or are happy with the selection you have wherever you live, but you can only play the regional games that your 3DS region is on them. So if you do import games, well, you'll have to buy a 3DS for that region as well.
Which is quite costly and really freaking annoying.
So the Vita has the plus there, what with it being region free.

I'm not entirely sure, but it seems to me like the 3DS has a "better" game library currently, due to having more games out on it. With the Vita, it feels like you still are very limited in what you can get on it.

C-A

I was in my local games store and it certainly sold more 3ds games plus wouldnt have to fork out for costly memory cards lol

The Vita is superior in absolutely every respect except the library. I personally love mine way more than the 3DS. You've got the capacitive touch screen, the amazing display, the ability to actually flick between apps quickly and it seems to work a lot better for suspending and coming back without running out of battery. Problem is, I only own about 4 games for it and they're all Persona. Unfortunately most of the decent Vita games are either rereleases or upgraded versions of old games. I don't regret my purchase because P4 Golden and P3 Portable were totally worth it, but the 3DS probably has more of a selection for every player. You have to really love anime games with the Vita, haha. I'd go with a 3DS, it's cheaper and has a bigger library.

The 3DS is my favorite console since the Nintendo 64. All of the "must-have" titles are incredible, and I don't use that word lightly when it comes to game. I've played so many good games, and I've still more to go; for instance, I haven't played Kid Icarus Uprising yet.

My biggest recommendation would be Fire Emblem: Awakening. I had never played any installment in the series before that, and I didn't even know what kind of genre it was prior to buying it, but once I got into it, I couldn't stop. Everything from the cutscenes to the soundtrack to the polished battle system is stunning. I can't remember the last time I was so engrossed in a video game, and the thought that it may never happen again to that extent is a bit sad.

And, like I said earlier, you have many great titles besides that one, like Pokémon X&Y, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and plenty of classics from the NES, and the list goes on and on.

Just make sure you get Fire Emblem: Awakening

When it comes to hardware, however, the Vita has the clear upper hand, as has already been stated. And judging by how much I loved watching a playthrough of Persona 4 Golden, I'm sure you'd have a great time with the Vita as well. However, the 3DS has brought me hundreds of hours of pure fun, and I don't think the Vita can quite compete with that. But to each their own.

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:
So if you do import games, well, you'll have to buy a 3DS for that region as well.

Unless you use the eshop, which means you don't have to pay those super-annoying overseas shipping costs :basil:
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
So if you do import games, well, you'll have to buy a 3DS for that region as well.

Unless you use the eshop, which means you don't have to pay those super-annoying overseas shipping costs :basil:

I barely use the E-Shop to begin with. I only used it on my European recently for the stupid patch to make Overclocked PROPERLY FUNCTION on my 3DS. Also, I don't have the cash to fill up the Wallet of my Japanese PSN, so how could I do that for the Nintendo E-Shop, either?

Quote:
And, like I said earlier, you have many great titles besides that one

And you jerks have Rune Factory 4 which, for some fucking reason, was cancelled for Europe... I FUCKING HATE LOCALIZATION COMPANIES!! :tigre:

C-A

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

I barely use the E-Shop to begin with. I only used it on my European recently for the stupid patch to make Overclocked PROPERLY FUNCTION on my 3DS. Also, I don't have the cash to fill up the Wallet of my Japanese PSN, so how could I do that for the Nintendo E-Shop, either?

...Credit card? :yogi:

Bad Player wrote:
...Credit card? :yogi:

I have an EC card, but not a credit card. Also, buying something... with what money? :ron:

C-A

1000% Knight

Well if you don't have any money, you shouldn't be able to buy games whether they're local or foreign/imported xP

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
Well if you don't have any money, you shouldn't be able to buy games whether they're local or foreign/imported xP

Boom.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I am tempted towards the nintendo 3ds but can someone tell me because I heard the battery life of the orignal nintendo 3ds is very bad , and apart from a bigger screen what is the main difference between normal 3ds and xl . Thanks but my main concern is battery life

Gettin' Old!

davech1987 wrote:
I am tempted towards the nintendo 3ds but can someone tell me because I heard the battery life of the orignal nintendo 3ds is very bad , and apart from a bigger screen what is the main difference between normal 3ds and xl . Thanks but my main concern is battery life

Well they are bringing out a new 3ds with a built in second analogue stick but yes the battery life on later 3ds models is substantially better.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

aka Ami <3

The 3DS has a larger library of good games. Not to say that the Vita doesn't. With the Dangan Ronpa remakes for us Western gamers, a fourth game in the Deception series (I need to pick that up), Persona 4 Golden (for those that missed the original), it's a rather great system. However, its lack of backwards compatibility without having to re-purchase games (I miss you, Star Ocean remakes which I don't want to have to purchase a PSP 3K to put you on a memory card and transfer you to my Vita), and the pressure to use the system's full potential requires a budget not normally allotted for handheld titles. When companies don't produce games due to a lack of faith in the system, gamers don't buy games for the system (or the system itself), which causes companies to be even more wary that they're not going to make enough money to make it worth developing for that system, etc. Like the show Extra Credits has said- the Vita's own strength is its downfall.

Not to say the 3DS doesn't have wonky issues, like "if you lose this system, you can't recover anything digital", or how every few years they keep coming out with new versions of the system ("Oh no, we're totally not going to make a bigger version of the 3DS"- only for the XL to be announced a little while later, creating the somewhat cumbersome 2DS for I'm assuming a child audience whom can't use the 3DS's 3D yet, and now announcing the New 3DS and New 3DS XL with cool new features but it sorta leaves out the 2DS). There's also the fact that some games chug a little or lag. This is most noticeable in Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward and Professor Layton v. Ace Attorney.

The 3DS has tighter tough controls that actually detect touch instead of the heat of your finger (like the Vita).

The Vita has an auto-correct that actually remembers some of the things you type to make things easier. The 3DS's auto-correct is somewhat less ridiculous in its suggestions, however.

The Vita is sort of weird to navigate the internet with, but at least I don't run into data caps that make pages with x amount of bytes impossible to load, or running into a page that's only half-loaded once it hits the limit.

The Vita has crunchyroll. The 3DS doesn't.

I could go on like this for a while. I own a 3DS, a 3DS XL, and a PSP Vita for this handheld generation. Ultimately, I like the 3DS(XL) the best, but I still like my PSP Vita. Especially when I was able to play games I normally never would have, both in retro games that are difficult to find and the year I had PS+ I was able to play a couple of Steam games I've never played before.

Pierre wrote:
davech1987 wrote:

Well they are bringing out a new 3ds with a built in second analogue stick but yes the battery life on later 3ds models is substantially better.

Yeah, the 3DSXL and 2DS have a better battery life, and I'd wager the battery lives of the New 3DS and New 3DS XL are gonna be better than their predecessors as well.

davech1987 wrote:

Um, I don't know which model my 3DS is - I mean, both are regulars ones and not XL, but not sure how "early" they are - but I'm quite happy with the battery life. Can last me for several hours and as long as I remember to charge it after playing for some hours, I don't encounter any problems.
I only had one problem of it running low when I was out, but that was my fault. I had plugged the charger in, but forgot to turn the extension cable the charger was plugged into on, so it wasn't actually charging at that point.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Geno the 3ds is totally capable of restoring digital games that were lost. It's cumbersome but I guess it's to make sure people ain't conning the system. Nintendo is improving its internet functionality pretty well lately.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

aka Ami <3

Pierre wrote:
Geno the 3ds is totally capable of restoring digital games that were lost. It's cumbersome but I guess it's to make sure people ain't conning the system. Nintendo is improving its internet functionality pretty well lately.

When I said "lost", I mean "the 3ds was destroyed, and it's assigned to that system". If Nintendo has become more flexible, I haven't heard it- as the saying goes, "please a customer, and they'll tell ten people; tick off a customer, and they'll tell a hundred".

Gettin' Old!

genodragon1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

When I said "lost", I mean "the 3ds was destroyed, and it's assigned to that system". If Nintendo has become more flexible, I haven't heard it- as the saying goes, "please a customer, and they'll tell ten people; tick off a customer, and they'll tell a hundred".

Since they instituted the Nintendo ID system there is now accounts to hold your purchases to rather than everything being tied to the hardware.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

aka Ami <3

Pierre wrote:
genodragon1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Since they instituted the Nintendo ID system there is now accounts to hold your purchases to rather than everything being tied to the hardware.

That is wonderful! Still, it was odd for the policy to be had in the first place, but some things you don't see problems in until the problems happen. But that's what customer feedback is for, eh? Thanks for the information, Pierre. ^_^

Gettin' Old!

Nintendo aren't the best for customer service. I had a horrible battle with them over an issue that lasted months but ultimately I fixed it myself in the end. But I could go on and on about that. At least for your specific issue they have a plan and solution in place.

I love Nintendo and feel there is a tonne of misinformation about them these days so it's a pleasure to clear up some issues. :kristoph:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

aka Ami <3

Pierre wrote:
Nintendo aren't the best for customer service. I had a horrible battle with them over an issue that lasted months but ultimately I fixed it myself in the end. But I could go on and on about that. At least for your specific issue they have a plan and solution in place.

I love Nintendo and feel there is a tonne of misinformation about them these days so it's a pleasure to clear up some issues. :kristoph:

True. Though it wasn't so much "my issue" as "my fear".
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station