Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 1[ 5 posts ]

Tropico seriesTopic%20Title

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Come here to discuss that Sim City esque tropical dictator series, Tropico.

To get the ball rolling, I have two free steam keys for Tropico 3 leftover from a Humble Bundle giveaway.

https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=Uz3qRy4wqBZ2vXkd Key redeemed.

https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=WVxEdY6tpy8zB6UX Key expired.

These links expire October 6th, so be sure to redeem these to your steam account before then.

Last edited by TheDoctor on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Tropico seriesTopic%20Title

aka Ami <3

Starting to realize that Tropico 3's tourism system is a black hole of money that will not produce results. Or at least, not results that make it worth it. Industry and keeping the people inundated with crap to do makes the sandbox campaigns go by well enough. It's almost not a challenge at that point, if you can get your natural resources out quickly enough.

One thing I don't get is why it lags on my computer. I have pretty decent specs, but even on low quality settings, I'm still getting some lag. Is anyone else having this problem?

Just FYI, the second key in the first post still hasn't been redeemed, so if anyone wants to grab that before October 6th, might want to do that now.

I just got Tropico Reloaded a couple of weeks ago. It's my first time venturing into the Tropico series, and so far I love Tropico 2: Pirate Cove to bits. It may be because I have a soft spot for some good ol' piracy and plundering, but I can't get enough of it.

The original Tropico on the other hand I struggle with a lot. Either I try to appease the citizens enough to keep me in power that I fall behind in my mission objective, or I prioritize buildings/settings to achieve my objective and get hauled off the island because I didn't have enough time or money left over to appease a couple of majority groups.

How do you folks usually start off a campaign? Are there any buildings you prioritize establishing in the first few years? Does it depend on the specific mission, or do you follow a set of instructions to develop and stabilize the city before moving onto objectives?
Spoiler: Do a nice thing today,
Give your computer some love. <3
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station