Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

yu gi oh just for kids ?Topic%20Title

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

I am speaking mainly of the TCG does anyone think yu gi oh is just for kids I ask this mainly because it some people it may seem childish because it is based off the a kids cartoon. However the japanese version is rather violent I am 26 I enjoy playing the ds version of the 2011 world champtionship game and I enjoy the original anime I am currently in the process of getting all 5 seasons.
At the end of the day I see why people say it is for kids due to what it is based on with the dub version yet they are alot of complex parts that some children may not fully grasp. Such as snycros and pendelium summon

Thoughts ??
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Re: yu gi oh just for kids ?Topic%20Title

People who say anything anime/cartoon based is for kids needs to watch Evangelion. What do you MEAN it's not for kids? It's cartoon, right? :redd: Or even Lady Blue/La Blue Girl. Or all the OTHER Hentai.

As for YGO, yeah the American localization was complete crap. As for the games of the series, only one I liked was The Sacred Cards and Reschef Of Destruction, both for the GBA. The rest were okay, but I will always blow up when one of them gives me "Standby Phase" The fuck is a standby phase, it takes TWO SECONDS for an entire standby phase, just cut that shit out and let any card that begins its effect at that part to acivate THEN and not in a standbye phase that seems like a waste of time!

And I stopped watching YGO shortly after GX began, so I have no clue about the games anymore.

C-A

standby phase is just to resolve any card effects that work during standby phase and i don't mind yu gi oh dub as it was one of the first animes i started on ^^; I seem to have the ability to watch bad dub haha sailor moon and the dub to case closed is horrible
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

davech1987 wrote:
standby phase is just to resolve any card effects that work during standby phase and i don't mind yu gi oh dub as it was one of the first animes i started on ^^; I seem to have the ability to watch bad dub haha sailor moon and the dub to case closed is horrible

Like I said, it's dumb to even have it, cut the Standby Phase out and just have cards take effect the second Main Phase starts. As for dubs, I have grown to absolutely hate them - the Sailor Moon one was terrible, the Clowerway dub was a bit better but had some REALLY terrible episodes and lines ("Got a cramp?" yes I am a super sailor soldier of justice and a cramp in my leg just made me stop!!) and the Case Closed is terrible... it's an anime based on MURDER AND MYSTERY of course there'll be blood and corpses. Stop censoring that shit! As for the YGO one, I just hate the voices... Atemu was about 18 - 20 when he died, and I don't know a whole lot of 18 year olds who have voices that sound like heavy chain smokers whose testicles dropped too far down.

C-A

Eater of minds

I've been playing Yu Gi Oh through Dueling Network up until a few months ago (cause my brother coaxed me to), and I'm pretty sure it's definitely not just for kids XD

There's a whole lot of new and complex mechanics in the game now since I last played it (around GX era), I don't think many kids could get it, and even if they do, winning is not just through pure luck anymore... you can develop complex strategies if you know your cards =A="

CatMuto wrote:
The rest were okay, but I will always blow up when one of them gives me "Standby Phase" The fuck is a standby phase, it takes TWO SECONDS for an entire standby phase, just cut that shit out and let any card that begins its effect at that part to acivate THEN and not in a standbye phase that seems like a waste of time!

C-A

do you even mtg?

Phases specifically for resolving effects are critical in CCGs to avoid ruling nightmares.

CatMuto wrote:
davech1987 wrote:

Like I said, it's dumb to even have it, cut the Standby Phase out and just have cards take effect the second Main Phase starts. As for dubs, I have grown to absolutely hate them - the Sailor Moon one was terrible, the Clowerway dub was a bit better but had some REALLY terrible episodes and lines ("Got a cramp?" yes I am a super sailor soldier of justice and a cramp in my leg just made me stop!!) and the Case Closed is terrible... it's an anime based on MURDER AND MYSTERY of course there'll be blood and corpses. Stop censoring that shit! As for the YGO one, I just hate the voices... Atemu was about 18 - 20 when he died, and I don't know a whole lot of 18 year olds who have voices that sound like heavy chain smokers whose testicles dropped too far down.

C-A

The case closed releases that got brought out via funimation are uncut just the dub that sucks

Gettin' Old!

Nah the "Just for Kids" thing is an attitude perpetuated by Magic players who are full of themselves and their elitist card game (at least here).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station