Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 1[ 13 posts ]

chrono trigger vs ff 7 which is better and why ?Topic%20Title

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

GO ^_^
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Re: chrono trigger vs ff 7 which is better and why ?Topic%20Title

Biased opinion: Chrono Trigger cause I absolutely hate VII.

Other: Both are okay, both are kind of overrated.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Ah do I have to choose? I really like both and both have different pros and cons.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Chrono Trigger. It's a solid game overall. FF7 is okay, but it's definitely a product of it's time. Outdated graphics, terrible English translation, and an overabundance of annoying mini-games. There's a few that I like, but I find most tedious. The music and gameplay still hold up though.

As for CT though, there's just something about SNES graphics that just age better. It still looks good, the music is great, the gameplay is still fun, and the translation has that nice, and controversial, Woolsey charm. It's short, but I like how it doesn't pad itself out, just to do so. Besides, I find Magus more interesting than Sephiroth. Also, cats.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

I've felt worse.

The furthest I made it into FF7 before quitting was six hours.
The furthest I made it into Chrono Trigger before quitting was fifteen hours, but that was due to "accidental" deletion of save data.
You can guess what my answer might be.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Quote:
As for CT though, there's just something about SNES graphics that just age better.

They really do. If I were to look at the first Harvest Moon game on the Super Nintendo, the graphics are still pretty decent. Sure, that game is dated terribly in terms of multiple gameplay aspects, but it can still be very fun to play. And, well, I've said it before, VII's graphics cause my eyes to hurt. Chrono Trigger's do not.

Quote:
The furthest I made it into FF7 before quitting was six hours.
The furthest I made it into Chrono Trigger before quitting was fifteen hours, but that was due to "accidental" deletion of save data.
You can guess what my answer might be.

So... you stopped in Costa del Sol? That was six hours in, right? Oh god I don't even remember anymore...

To give a more proper post, I think I would pick Chrono Trigger over VII. Not because I find VII terrible, but because Trigger appeals more to me. The Toriyama characters are fun enough, though the designs really are very Dragonball-esque which makes me wonder if Toriyama can only come up with so many character designs...

The story is nothing to write home about, but I think one of the things that appeals to me with Chrono Trigger so much is... the Multiple Endings. What was it, a good 12 different endings, all depending on whether you win or lose a fight at a certain part of the game. That's pretty fun! Not to mention the New Game + feature where you can even go solo VS Lavos practically at the beginning of the game.
I remember I once played the game and made sure to do the exact thing to get the ending where Chrono finally talks.
I also like how resurrecting/saving Chrono is optional. Sure you can do it, but it's not necessary since you can defeat Lavos just fine without him. Though it does result in the ending always being your party leaving to find a way to resurrect Chrono. The heavy implications on Christianity were a bit of a turn off, but unless you know that Lightning magic was originally Holy and stuff like that, it's not that noticeable or a big thing.

C-A

Chrono Trigger. I'm also biased because I've never played FF7

JesusMonroe wrote:
Chrono Trigger. I'm also biased because I've never played FF7

You're not missing much.

C-A

Catmuto I like your honesty with ff7 it is nice to see someone not hold it on a major pedestal I admit it is a fun game but I prefer 9 over 7 anyway.

To answer my own post I prefer CT mainly because the pacing is very well done and it doesnt feel like major filler and is a nice length and the mini games you do have to do are minimal and fun unlike ff7 damn snowboarding and keeping tempreture up.

The music in chrono trigger is very well done granted ff7 also has nice music

graphics have dated better in CT aswell
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

Quote:
Catmuto I like your honesty with ff7 it is nice to see someone not hold it on a major pedestal I admit it is a fun game but I prefer 9 over 7 anyway.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who think I hate VII "for the sake of hating it", which is wrong. I hate VII because it was a disappointment to play after hearing for years how amazing the game is. Admittedly, I didn't play it in '97, so I didn't play it as a child. But I don't think I would've been amazed by the game, had I played it earlier, anyway. Aerith is not the first Final Fantasy character to die, her death was not sudden it was actually foreshadowed very hard, and I don't care what Sakaguchi says about how her death was "not supposed to be sacrificial", the entire set up of her death smells of necessary-death-for-the-greater-good and hence a sacrifice. (Maybe he shouldn't have had her killed while on what looks like an altar, in a temple important to her race and while praying... just saying)
The other thing is that the other plot twists are also so heavily foreshadowed, it's the same reaction I had with Final Fantasy X and Yuna dying at the end of her journey. How can one not figure it out considering the game constantly has those huge awkward silences whenever The End of the journey is mentioned? (Made Tidus appear dumb and self-centered and the rest idiots for not mentioning something so important)

And as dullahan said, Magus was actually kinda better than Sephiroth. Not that I like Magus a whole lot, I think I overall do not like anything associated with Zeal in Chrono Trigger, but there was something about him that made him more tolerable to me. (Maybe the fact that I could fight him once and he actually stayed the fuck dead)

Quote:
The music in chrono trigger is very well done granted ff7 also has nice music

True. I think that's one thing I like about VII, the music. Though when I talk about VII I don't mention this since I tend to like the music in all the FFs I've played to date, so I find it not worthy to put attention on it. (Aerith's Theme was better on guitar in Crisis Core)

Quote:
graphics have dated better in CT aswell

Again I agree. Maybe it's cause VII opted for such bright colors on their characters next to the darker backgrounds, but it always appears to me like if I were to look at the Mona Lisa and then noticed someone splattered some brightly colored blobs onto it. Overall looks nice, but the thing that stands out painfully badly is what I can't help but focus on.

C-A

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Consider me odd, but I'd also rather play Chrono Cross over FFVII, despite the contrived plot that has little to do with Trigger and the many useless extra characters, but at least it has pirates.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who think I hate VII "for the sake of hating it", which is wrong. I hate VII because it was a disappointment to play after hearing for years how amazing the game is. Admittedly, I didn't play it in '97, so I didn't play it as a child. But I don't think I would've been amazed by the game, had I played it earlier, anyway. Aerith is not the first Final Fantasy character to die, her death was not sudden it was actually foreshadowed very hard, and I don't care what Sakaguchi says about how her death was "not supposed to be sacrificial", the entire set up of her death smells of necessary-death-for-the-greater-good and hence a sacrifice. (Maybe he shouldn't have had her killed while on what looks like an altar, in a temple important to her race and while praying... just saying)
The other thing is that the other plot twists are also so heavily foreshadowed, it's the same reaction I had with Final Fantasy X and Yuna dying at the end of her journey. How can one not figure it out considering the game constantly has those huge awkward silences whenever The End of the journey is mentioned? (Made Tidus appear dumb and self-centered and the rest idiots for not mentioning something so important)

i must be dense as i didnt click with ffX yuna dying till it got explained ^^:

galuf in 5 dies, cid in 6 and mewe in 2 and tallah in 4 all before aeris ^^:

And as dullahan said, Magus was actually kinda better than Sephiroth. Not that I like Magus a whole lot, I think I overall do not like anything associated with Zeal in Chrono Trigger, but there was something about him that made him more tolerable to me. (Maybe the fact that I could fight him once and he actually stayed the fuck dead)

Haha true Seymour much ^^;

Quote:
i must be dense as i didnt click with ffX yuna dying till it got explained ^^:

There's the heavy hints. Like everyone crying when Yuna leaves. Her looking back at Besaid, and any location before proceeding. The fact that her father is dead after Sin was defeated by him. And as mentioned the huge awkward silences when Tidus says "Let's go back here after defeating Sin!" You can practically hear the needle scratching the record.

Quote:
galuf in 5 dies, cid in 6 and mewe in 2 and tallah in 4 all before aeris ^^:

Minwu and, I think, a ton of other people in II. Not to mention General Leo in VI. And he counts cause he is a party member, even if it's only for the one short time. Yeah, majority of them were all sacrifices for the sake of something good - or in Tellah's case, trying to kill Golbeza - but I still see no shock in Aerith dying.

It's made so painfully obvious, especially when she leaves for the temple and leaves behind her materia. And I mentioned how I find her death to still be sacrificial with the circumstances. If he didn't want her to appear like a sacrifice, why not kill her suddenly by Sephiroth suddenly waking us all up at night in an Inn, having just stabbed Aerith in her sleep? That's a sudden death.

Quote:
Haha true Seymour much ^^;

Problem with Seymour, he was played up so much as the villain that I at times forgot that Sin was the actual threat.

C-A
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station