Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 2 of 7[ 257 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and MoonTopic%20Title

It's not specifically negative towards you; I'm just saying, don't put too much potential meaning into what some NPC is saying. That's how the whole "Janus" issue from Chrono Trigger started: late in the game, he says 'one of your friends is in danger' and people kept looking through the game for YEARS, trying to find some sidequest or character they missed, thinking there was still something to do. Turns out, there isn't. His words mean nothing special.

Spoiler: Chrono Trigger
Some think he might be referring to Schala being in danger, but that isn't something available in Trigger.

C-A

Danksgiving

the battle facility line is probably a middle finger from Game Freak while they force us to play the battle chateau

Gardevoir lover

CatMuto wrote:
It's not specifically negative towards you; I'm just saying, don't put too much potential meaning into what some NPC is saying.
C-A

The fact that he's a particular NPC that you have to go out of your way to talk to and goes to various locations throughout the course of the story just to give you an item that serves no real purpose before the final battle that mentions a place you've never been too before, how can you not put some kind of significance to that?

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
The fact that he's a particular NPC that you have to go out of your way to talk to and goes to various locations throughout the course of the story just to give you an item that serves no real purpose before the final battle that mentions a place you've never been too before, how can you not put some kind of significance to that?

Um... because I'd question how bored one must be to go out of one's way to do all that, for a reward that does nothing? :eh?:

I mean, if you were given a reward that is actually worth something, I'd understand. But if it's for something that ultimately is worthless or pointless, why do it? Besides, it could still just be a reference: make the 'ghost girl' a reference or repeated cameo, but ultimately amount to nothing but just... being there.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

CatMuto wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

Um... because I'd question how bored one must be to go out of one's way to do all that, for a reward that does nothing? :eh?:

I mean, if you were given a reward that is actually worth something, I'd understand. But if it's for something that ultimately is worthless or pointless, why do it? Besides, it could still just be a reference: make the 'ghost girl' a reference or repeated cameo, but ultimately amount to nothing but just... being there.

C-A

Because when something like that is tucked away on the side that thing is probably a hint to a future project. It happened in Arkham asylum and it happened in Splatoon.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

CatMuto wrote:
It's not specifically negative towards you; I'm just saying, don't put too much potential meaning into what some NPC is saying. That's how the whole "Janus" issue from Chrono Trigger started: late in the game, he says 'one of your friends is in danger' and people kept looking through the game for YEARS, trying to find some sidequest or character they missed, thinking there was still something to do. Turns out, there isn't. His words mean nothing special.

Spoiler: Chrono Trigger
Some think he might be referring to Schala being in danger, but that isn't something available in Trigger.

C-A

Iirc, that was more of a mistranslation than anything else. As much as I love Woolsey, I remember hearing that line was translated poorly and for that reason alone were fans on a hunt for something that didn't exist. I'm pretty sure this line was fixed up in the DS version to be much more accurate to the Japanese.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Iirc, that was more of a mistranslation than anything else. As much as I love Woolsey, I remember hearing that line was translated poorly and for that reason alone were fans on a hunt for something that didn't exist. I'm pretty sure this line was fixed up in the DS version to be much more accurate to the Japanese.

I see. I don't know if Europe got the DS version and I personally only ever played the Super Nintendo version.

C-A

Things I Want In Sun/Moon

Trainer Customization
And preferably expanded when compared to X/Y; including unisex options. Ponytails or long hair for male trainers, beanies for female trainers and please an option to not wear a hat. Or alter what type of headgear you can wear, if you must have one: headbands, hairclips, bandanas, etc. Also, some new hair colors. Why only 'natural' ones? Why are NPCs allowed to have freaky hot pink or blue hair, but I am not?

Fairy Importance
I know ORAS was basically Gen III rehashed, but after making kind of a big deal out of Fairy type in X/Y, they felt completely forgotten in that game. How about an Elite 4 member who uses Fairy type? Or even an early Gym that uses Fairy type again? I mean, don't make them supremely important again, just make them... present.

Variety in Gym Types
Do we really need another Electric or Fighting gym?
Electric: Gen I: Lt Surge, Gen III: Watts, Gen IV: Volkner, Gen V: Elesa, Gen VI: Clemont.
Fighting: Gen II: Chuck, Gen III: Brawly, Gen IV: Maylene, Gen VI: Korrina

Come on, guys! You have 18 types (19, counting the ??? types like Arceus) and you have no clue what other gyms to make out of just a little than half of that than Electric and Fighting? I could say the same about Ice, but mostly because those tend to be the 7th or 8th gyms and I find that boring. (Ditto the Dragon-type gyms from Gen IV and V) How about a Ground type again? Giovanni had one in Gen I, though that never quite felt like Ground to me... and there was Clay in Gen V. Twice. Twice, you have had Ground-based gyms (not counting Gym 8 in Gen II/IV, because that's the same gym as in Gen I) and yet gave us Electric in five out of the current six gens? Honestly, if Korrina wasn't the one to hand you the mega bracelet, she'd disappear in the sea of forgettable Fighting gym leaders.

Alter it up! Say, make Ice the first or second gym. Sure, it gives more of an incentive to get the Fire starter; but you can alter that into looking like a bad idea because shortly after that gym is a Ground gym, which makes the Fire starter a mediocre to bad choice. Make a Poison gym again! One thing I liked about Roxie in BW2 is that she was using a type that mostly hadn't been used much for gyms before.

In fact... here's a brainstorm setup from me: Gym 1 Dark; Gym 2 Ice; Gym 3 Steel; Gym 4 Fairy; Gym 5 Poison; Gym 6 Ground; Gym 7 Psychic and Gym 8 Ghost. A nice change up, you can and likely need to alter your team a lot and it puts some of the 'late' types into early game. But they aren't overly difficult.

Alternatively, instead of making Gyms based on one type, why not make them theme based? Pokémon Insurgence does this, but it seems like a really cool idea and works out well! The first gym is based around the sun, so the gym is filled with Grass and Fire types. The second is forest themed and the gym leader uses Poison and Bug type. It certainly gives you an idea what Pokémon you can expect in there and it makes you bring in types you usually wouldn't. For Fire gyms, you'd pick Water - but in the Grass/Fire, you'd be weak to one of the types. So you pick a common weakness and go for Rock or Ground types.

Similarly, the Elite 4. Psychic, Ghost, Dark or Dragon. Those seem pretty common options for Elite 4. Certainly, Dragons were kind of overpowered Pokémon types, but they aren't anymore because of Fairy type. In fact, Fairy makes Dragon trainers a complete joke because Dragon cannot do any damage to Fairy.

Removal Of HM Reliance
Get rid of them. Period. You already made Cut completely optional in Gen VI, keep going with that. I don't want to be forced to add HM moves that aren't that good half the time onto my Pokémon, just so I can proceed. And I don't want to have to make my playable team smaller by having an HM Slave on my team. Who can only learn 4 moves, anyway, so if I need more than 4 HMs, I need to add more slaves.

Back to Pokémon Insurgence and Zeta/Omicron, they remove HMs by giving you items that take over the ability of HMs! When I read that about those games, I was super happy! An inflateable Lapras is Surf (Insurgence has it not be given to you, until you have defeated the first gym, so you are slightly cut off from advancing until that point); any Fighting-type move can be used to smash rocks; a Taxi service (500 per use, until you use it enough and it'll become free) takes over for Fly... it's amazing! I can have a full team, without HM moves - unless I want to put them onto my team.

Things I Don't Want In Sun/Moon

Unnecessary Padding And Breaks Between Gyms
Nobody cared about that fucking Furfrou or that stupid guy with his stupid Perfume Palace in X/Y. It was a pointless, stupid and unnecessary thing to expand the time it took to get you from Santalune Gym to Cyllage Gym. Only reason you went there was for the dumb Pokéflute. And, honestly, I could do without having the Snorlax-obstacle. (I could climb across the bridge from the side, no need to wake it up!) I don't care if it's a throwback to the previous Gens. At least put it in places where it wouldn't be that obnoxious to deal with. Also, Pokéball Factory. Uuuuuurrrgh. BORING.

Better Villain Teams/Altered Villain Interaction
The only villain team remotely cool for me was Team Plasma, even if they were hypocrites in the beginning, until you figured out they weren't for Pokérights. The rest were forgettable or had completely pointless to stupid plans. Heck, I still have no clue what Lysandre's plan in Y was. He's all over the map! Do you know yourself what he wanted, GameFreak? I have the feeling you don't, otherwise he wouldn't talk about a polluted world, then about staying young, then about DEATH TO ALL.

I'd also really like an option to how I react to the teams. I don't want to be forced to deal with them after the 7th Gym, before I can proceed to the 8th Gym. Let me grab the badges, that's what I play the game for. Say, I want to break them down after the 5th Gym. It would make them look like jokes or make me look more awesome by managing to get rid of this big team that is supposedly a threat to the entire world, while only having Level 30-40 Pokémon. Or let me ignore them entirely. Hey, the REST of the world doesn't seem to care about them doing anything. So why should I? (Again, Gen V was better in this by making the gym leaders actually give a crap and do stuff)

Less Reliance On Online
I'm sorry, but I don't want to have to trade around like mad to get a full Pokédex. Especially Pokémon that don't evolve unless I trade them. I WANTED to trade the evolved Pokémon back to the person who gave it to me, since I figured they wanted it for their Pokédex completion, but I couldn't. And I highly doubt random people will give my Machamp, if I handed them Machoke for evolution. What, friends? Sorry, my friends have major time differences; so one of us would have to be awake at about 4 or 5 AM (willingly) if we want to trade.

Forced Gym Railroading
I know this likely won't happen, but I can dream, right? I don't want to be forced to go to this gym, then that gym and the next gym after. Let me pick which Gym I want to go to next. Say, I want to make 'Gym 1' into the third one I visit, while I go to the '8th Gym' first. Course, this would require the world being traversible from the get go and the random and gym encounters to level up according to wherever I go - but they could do this by making me encounter higher level Pokémons, according to the number of Gym badges I have. Takes a lot of work, I know, and tons of planning. But it'd be cool, right?

No Two Versions
Face it, you're just moneygreedy asssuckers. There is barely any noticeable difference between the 'two' versions of the games. Stop it. Either make the versions so different from each other that the story, events and tons of Pokémon are different or just make one version that includes all.

C-A

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:
No Two Versions
Face it, you're just moneygreedy asssuckers. There is barely any noticeable difference between the 'two' versions of the games. Stop it. Either make the versions so different from each other that the story, events and tons of Pokémon are different or just make one version that includes all.

But... they've already announced two version xP

Also you're not supposed to buy both versions, you're supposed to buy one and then make friends and have fun with people who have the other :basil:
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
No Two Versions

But... they've already announced two version xP

Also you're not supposed to buy both versions, you're supposed to buy one and then make friends and have fun with people who have the other :basil:

Regard the previous point of Less Reliance on Online. And as my post also said, if they made large differences between the two versions, I wouldn't mind. And I mean story differences beyond a few minor dialogue changes or one, maybe two, version-exclusive Pokémon.

C-A

Though Gen 3 isn't my favorite, one thing I liked was how each story was at least somewhat unique. While the main overall plot was still the same, I like that at least you fought a different evil team in each version. To me, that made it worth getting the other version, just to see how it was. Ruby wanted more land, Sapphire wanted more water. And then Emerald went and combined the two to make it unique once again. I feel that in terms of having differences, Gen 3 to this day has done it better than the other games. The others pretty much have the same story with minor differences and different Pokemon.

However, I at least give Gen 5 props for at least trying to make a few areas look very, very different aesthetically between the two versions.

Hey Cat, correct me if I'm wrong though, but I believe Gen 5 was the start where they started getting rid of the overall HM reliance in games and the HMs were strictly more for optional out of the way things. I know for sure Gen 6 went further with the idea, so I believe they're at least trying to do that.

I don't count ORAS however, since they are remakes of Gen 3, where I feel was when HM reliance was at some of its worst. However, I do believe the flute for Latios/Latias was a fantastic alternative to not needing the HM Fly. I'd like to see more of stuff like that in the newer games.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Quote:
For Fire gyms, you'd pick Water - but in the Grass/Fire, you'd be weak to one of the types. So you pick a common weakness and go for Rock or Ground types.

Rock and Ground are also weak to Grass

unless I'm not understanding what you're saying here

I'm fine with most of the stuff suggested but there's absolutely no way Nintendo is going to cut back on the trading aspect; that's what Pokemon IS and always has been, the story is basically just a glorified tutorial to show you type advantages and how to build a team so you don't get completely destroyed when you battle another human player. The entire point of Pokemon has always been to encourage other players to interact with each other.

ASCEND

I definitely agree with the gym leader variety thing. It's been five generations and there still hasn't been a Dark type gym. At least it SEEMS like they've been changing things up with the Elite Four, considering the Kalos Elite Four has only one really common type in it (dragon, to be specific).
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

dullahan1 wrote:
Though Gen 3 isn't my favorite, one thing I liked was how each story was at least somewhat unique. While the main overall plot was still the same, I like that at least you fought a different evil team in each version.

I disagree there because, frankly, the two teams were not different from each other. Just switch their words between 'Sea' and 'Land' and alter the colors a little and you've got Aqua/Magma. The locations didn't look all that different and you still went to the same locations. Even ORAS made it blatantly obvious by having the Cave of Origins be the same location, except in OR it was magma you went through and in AS you had to go through water.

Quote:
Hey Cat, correct me if I'm wrong though, but I believe Gen 5 was the start where they started getting rid of the overall HM reliance in games and the HMs were strictly more for optional out of the way things. I know for sure Gen 6 went further with the idea, so I believe they're at least trying to do that.

True, though I think I recall that you still needed Strength and a few other HMs to proceed in the game. Including the Victory Road. I think the worst for HM reliance was Gen IV? I think you needed Rock Climb and Defog, though I think the latter could be done without... I'm mostly referring to Let's Play Nuzlockes I watched, I never went far with Gen IV myself.

Quote:
However, I do believe the flute for Latios/Latias was a fantastic alternative to not needing the HM Fly. I'd like to see more of stuff like that in the newer games.

True, that was pretty neat.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Rock and Ground are also weak to Grass

unless I'm not understanding what you're saying here

Well, I recall in Pokémon Insurgence, you were doing pretty well in the first Gym if you had Rock. I think the main Grass threat was the leader's Ivysaur and that was well taken care of, even if you went up against it with, say, a Lunatone because of Psychic.

Planetbox wrote:
I definitely agree with the gym leader variety thing. It's been five generations and there still hasn't been a Dark type gym. At least it SEEMS like they've been changing things up with the Elite Four, considering the Kalos Elite Four has only one really common type in it (dragon, to be specific).

True. Though it goes back with the Fairy importance. Personally, I felt Fairy type were really powerful in X/Y, so it made sense that they'd take one of Fairy's weaknesses into the Elite 4 and likely halt you by not using your superpowered Fairy Pokémon all the time.

Something else that should be done...

An option to skip Tutorials: unless they have drastically altered how Pokémon are caught, we really do not need the older players to view a tutorial on how to catch them... again. Sure, you can keep it in for the kiddies who are playing Pokémon the first time. But at least an option. Say, someone asks "Or do you already know how to catch them?" and you can say Yes and skip the tutorial. Make it a joke, have them say, "Oh, you must have looked it up on the PSS" or whatever online thing they'll add. Or break the fourth wall and say you've done this before.

Different Starter Types: yes, I like how X/Y made the hybrid parts be Psychic -> Dark -> Fighting, that's neat. But why make both types strong? Why not make a Fire-Dark starter, who is up against a Water-Fighting? Or Flying -> Rock -> Electric, maybe? Ditto in making the first few Pokémon you catch NOT be Flying, Bug or Normal. All I'm asking is for a nice little change.

Run Button Somewhere Else: it's happened multiple times that I was on the Bag, wanted to switch my Pokémon and - since the Button is usually Fight - push once to the right, I end up escaping instead of switching. Annoying! Put the Run button in a location where it isn't in the way or accidentally clicked.

C-A

Oh yeah, Gen IV easily won out in terms of most useless required HMs. One of the many reasons why I found Gen IV the weakest of the series imo. As much as I love Gen II, I also feel that it and Gen III were also pretty terrible in terms of required HMs, which each requiring 3 water HMs to proceed in the game. So either you were required to have 5 party members and an HM slave or one of your water type party members were stuck with 3 HM water type moves, which is pretty terrible.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Danksgiving

Quote:
Different Starter Types: yes, I like how X/Y made the hybrid parts be Psychic -> Dark -> Fighting, that's neat. But why make both types strong? Why not make a Fire-Dark starter, who is up against a Water-Fighting? Or Flying -> Rock -> Electric, maybe?

1. Water-Fighting is still doubly strong against Fire-Dark
2. they did that already in gen 4
3. Flying -> Rock -> Electric does not cancel out

I was brainstorming types.

C-A

1000% Knight

Just replace Electric with Fighting~
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Maybe I'm a bit biased because I like Eevee, but I always wanted a Pokemon game where you get to start out with an Eevee, just so, in a way, you get a variety of choices as to what type your starter would be. Basically, what Blue got to do in Pokemon Yellow.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Maybe I'm a bit biased because I like Eevee, but I always wanted a Pokemon game where you get to start out with an Eevee, just so, in a way, you get a variety of choices as to what type your starter would be. Basically, what Blue got to do in Pokemon Yellow.

One reason why I like Pokémon Insurgence. You have a choice between the Delta versions of the three Kanto starters (different types than usual) or an Eevee. And even with that Eevee, if you choose to not evolve it into anything for majority of the game, you eventually are given the Eeveelite, giving you Mega Eevee. (PS: GameFreak, where are Mega Eeveelutions?)

Or why I liked to use the Pokémon Randomizer to change the starters into Eevees. Eevee is versatile. Sure, the Eeveelutions aren't, you know, the best Pokémon, but they are damn good for whatever type you pick. As an Eevee-Fan, I think Gen VII should add some more Eeveelutions. Say, a Ghost Eevee or a Flying Eevee. It can be done.

C-A

Master of sharp things!

A new trailer was released today with plenty of new information on Sun and Moon:

The games take place in the Alola region, a tropical area based heavily on Hawaii. It looks like movement is no longer grid-based, instead being more freeform than ever before. The Pokémon themselves also now seem to be to-scale in the overworld rather than downsized sprites.

They will be released November 18th, 2016 in the U.S. and Japan, and November 23rd, 2016 in EU.

The starter Pokémon were also revealed:

First is Rowlet, a grass/flying owl:

Next is Litten, a fire-type cat:

And then is Popplio, a water-type otter/sea lion:

Looks interesting so far.

Was juuuuuuuust going to post that

Cover legends are revealed too. Looks like some kind of lion and a bat.

There'd better be trainer customization because Girl Trainer's hat thing looks dumb

I severely hope the Fire and Water starter will be revealed to gain a second type ASAP, cause I can see lot of people picking the Grass now. Grass/Flying, which lowers one of Grass' weaknesses? And I agree with Franzise, either give me an option to not have the hat or full-on customization. Including the option of whether I want to or don't want to wear ANY hat type. (PS: Can we have an option to wear glasses?)

C-A

For Sun and Moon I hope we have better trainer customization like an option not to wear a hat. I also hope they allow you to remove certain ribbons (oviously not the Classic Ribbon or Preimer Ribbon). Please don't make Litten a fire/fighting type we have enough of those.

Godot124 wrote:
For Sun and Moon I hope we have better trainer customization like an option not to wear a hat. I also hope they allow you to remove certain ribbons (oviously not the Classic Ribbon or Preimer Ribbon). Please don't make Litten a fire/fighting type we have enough of those.

Personally, I'd like to see a... Fire/Steel type? Though maybe I am jumping to a color-based conclusion and Litten will turn out to be Fire/Dark. I wouldn't mind, but they have 18 types, they certainly can make more combinations. Make it Fire/Fairy.

Also, I severely hope that whatever enemy team is shoved in will not constantly use Dark or Poison types. It's annoying, because it 'forces' the player to keep certain types on the team to have an advantage to them. Why not make Ghost/Ice for Moon? And Fairy/Grass for Sun? Or just make them use any kind of Pokémon, just for the variety. (Yes, I am sick of fighting Golbats and Houndooms in Y. How can you tell?)

C-A

Gardevoir lover

Rowlet master race bitches!

I usually pick water types but Litten looks way better than Popplio in my opinion.

ASCEND

I always get the grass type in each new generation, so I'm definitely getting Rowlet. That's not a big deal though, because it's freaking adorable!
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Rowlet reminds me of Juniper Woods.

CatMuto wrote:
I severely hope the Fire and Water starter will be revealed to gain a second type ASAP, cause I can see lot of people picking the Grass now. Grass/Flying, which lowers one of Grass' weaknesses?

C-A

Eh, the Grass starter really needed a secondary type, mono-Fire and mono-Water are a lot better than mono-Grass and you usually find wild Grass-types before the others. I see it as being more of a toss-up now.

or you could just get all three starters via PokeBank

Quote:
(PS: Can we have an option to wear glasses?)

I'm more a fan of the tropical setting more than anything else.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Danksgiving

Godot124 wrote:
I usually pick water types but Litten looks way better than Popplio in my opinion.

why do i love popplio so much

rowlet is cool too, i like the extra typing

dullahan1 wrote:
I'm more a fan of the tropical setting more than anything else.

That is pretty cool. Hoenn was mildly like it, but now we have big palm trees and aloha alola and shit, it's pretty neat. I also think that, given how... generic the trainers look up to now, you probably will have customization.

C-A

Yeah, Hoenn may have not been my favorite generation, but it definitely had my favorite setting by far.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

is a five star man.

Okay, time to give some detailed thoughts on the news. The starters are better than I could have hoped for, and it's the first time I haven't had a clear favourite, although Rowlet is the cutest, I'll probably choose Popplio in order to keep with my own tradition. While I'm truly impressed by the starters, the legendaries leave a bit to be desired. Solgaleo does really look Digimon-ish, and while that isn't a criticism per se, it's quite jarring. Lunaala is actually quite ugly, but it also looks like it might be Ghost type, which is an instant plus in my book. One thing that disappointed me even more is the return of the lag as seen when Lunaala fires up its special move, which is annoying, but understandable given SuMo looks to be built on the same engine as X and Y.

Unfortunately Dullahan1, the region is perhaps the worst thing about SuMo, for me. Another tropical region? If ORAS weren't the last games in the series this would be more understandable, but as it stands I'm just wishing for something more snowy like Sinnoh, or at least something with lots of variety like Unova. I can't quite see how they'll add in a snowy area to catch ice types in Alola in a way that isn't hugely jarring. Alola may seem much more tropical than Hoenn, but it doesn't change the fact that both have a tropical theme. Hoenn may deviate from it more than Alola initially seems to, but it's still frustrating to see another region with a sunny, laid-back, beach-y theme. This isn't me bashing Alola, and I wouldn't be saying this if ORAS hadn't been made, but you must admit that both have a 'tropical' theme, even if one takes it much further.

Nevertheless, the game looks beautiful (I like how they ditched the chibi look), and I'm still really excited to play it (even if it is 5 days after the rest of the world).
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

Danksgiving

Quote:
Hoenn may deviate from it more than Alola initially seems to, but it's still frustrating to see another region with a sunny, laid-back, beach-y theme.

i always thought that hoenn was more energetic

johto seemed like a good place to kick back and smoke some weed

If there is anything I love more than tropical areas in games, it's snow areas. The only problem I can see with it in Pokemon is how to make it unique in terms of the Pokemon without making most of them all ice types. Other than that though, I would absolutely love to see some kind of snow/ice overall theme one day in the world of Pokemon. As far as Sinnoh goes though, while I liked the snow area alright in that, Sinnoh pretty much did the snow area in the worst way possible. Slowing movement to a snail's pace and reducing visibility is not an ideal way of handling a snow area in my opinion.

For me, I feel in terms of just Pokemon, going for the tropical theme offers more variety than what some others would and in a sense, it kind of feels like it's going back to more of a laid-back form after the hustle and bustle of city based areas that were Gen V and Gen VI. I understand the reasoning why it feels oversaturated with tropical themes right after we got the Gen III reboots. I guess for me though, I can never have enough.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

I get what you mean by saying that 'tropical' feels boring after ORAS, though I personally felt ORAS (or RSE itself) never felt 'tropical' to me. More... just... sunny. Like, it had a lot of green, but no part of the world really felt like it was saying, "Yep, based on a tropical-ish, very southern and warm area". I mean, aside from Tropius, I cannot think of a Gen III Pokémon that honestly said Hawaii to me.

And since I personally dislike winter and cold, I don't want a new snow area or region. As for how to get snow Pokémon into the game without it feeling forced... a deep, underground cavern that is pretty cold and drippy? Not exactly Snow = Ice Pokémon R Here, but it would seem possible. Or Alola could mention that it sometimes has 'freak snowstorms' which could occur semi-randomly at any location. If it can rain in the desert, it can snow in a tropical location.

I like how the legendary of Moon is a bat. I don't think we had any bat-based legendaries yet - mostly it was lion/tiger/bears/ohmy and some watery flying... thing. And a deer. A bat is a nice change. (Also, are those their real names? Lunala or is that just made up?)

I like the non-chibi look. And as for lag, well, depends how much or how noticeable it is. Personally, I barely ever noticed lag in Y.

C-A

is a five star man.

CatMuto wrote:

I like how the legendary of Moon is a bat. I don't think we had any bat-based legendaries yet - mostly it was lion/tiger/bears/ohmy and some watery flying... thing. And a deer. A bat is a nice change. (Also, are those their real names? Lunala or is that just made up?)

I like the non-chibi look. And as for lag, well, depends how much or how noticeable it is. Personally, I barely ever noticed lag in Y.

C-A

Yeah, the concept of a bat legendary is good, but I feel Yveltal was a more successful flying type as it had a unique concept- we already have bat Pokemon, we don't have... whatever Yveltal is. Also, I just think it's nowhere near as aesthetically pleasing as the X and Y legendaries. The names Sogaleo and Lunaala were trademarked by Game Freak a while back, and they seem to fit the legendaries, so I'm using them for now.

As for the lag, it isn't the worst, but it was really noticeable during double or horde battles in Gen 6, and while I'm not a stickler for smoothly running games, it's still annoying.
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

Honestly, Yvetal reminds me a lot of Lugia. Only colored black-red.

C-A
Page 2 of 7 [ 257 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station