Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 263 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266 ... 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:
Spoiler: Big Nier automata spoilers
So a plan was put in place to destroy Yorha but by who? Clearly not the humans and apparently this was done to make way for new combat troops.

Also how on earth did the machines get stronger after you defeat their two biggest players in Adam and Eve? It's after that that the Tower pops up which looks like it would take a huge amount of planning. Then you meet the weird girls who I still feel I learned nothing about but even after they get taken out the Robots keep going.

It's like you cut the head off the snake multiple times but it's really a hydra so more super villains keep showing up. I figured after defeating the collective network in the form of Eve it would do something but no. I would figure tricking the Network girls into killing each other it would do something but no. Something somehow always keeps pushing the pieces across the board.

Like why did Pascals village suddenly go mad? Why was a huge ridiculous coordinated attack launched on Pascal when he fled to the factory? It just feels like there's something else there.

Oh, that. I thought you meant there was a man behind the man pulling the strings.
Spoiler:
Most of that was done by the weird red girls, or the "Terminals," the head of the machine network.

The YorHa virus was put in as a failsafe should the proxy war start to lean in favor of one side.

The unnetworking of the machines in Pascal's village, the forest, and the Amusement Park was the Terminal's doing, intentionally creating new variables that would force them to adapt to something new. The attack on Pascal's village was also caused by them.

Once you get rid of the Terminals, the remaining machines just act independently of the network. The two machines that A2 and 9S fight at the end voice their concern about their lack of a master, and a purpose.

The machine data in Ending D is just a copy of every machine's data, along with the human data contained in the library, which is a replica of the library from the first NieR, which took place a couple thousand years before NieR: Automata.

All of this is because of the Terminals' belief that conflict breeds evolution. They're about as close to the mastermind behind it all as the game allows.

...unless you count the appearance of Square Enix's CEO in the DLC.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Spoiler: Big Nier automata spoilers
So a plan was put in place to destroy Yorha but by who? Clearly not the humans and apparently this was done to make way for new combat troops.

Also how on earth did the machines get stronger after you defeat their two biggest players in Adam and Eve? It's after that that the Tower pops up which looks like it would take a huge amount of planning. Then you meet the weird girls who I still feel I learned nothing about but even after they get taken out the Robots keep going.

It's like you cut the head off the snake multiple times but it's really a hydra so more super villains keep showing up. I figured after defeating the collective network in the form of Eve it would do something but no. I would figure tricking the Network girls into killing each other it would do something but no. Something somehow always keeps pushing the pieces across the board.

Like why did Pascals village suddenly go mad? Why was a huge ridiculous coordinated attack launched on Pascal when he fled to the factory? It just feels like there's something else there.

Oh, that. I thought you meant there was a man behind the man pulling the strings.
Spoiler:
Most of that was done by the weird red girls, or the "Terminals," the head of the machine network.

The YorHa virus was put in as a failsafe should the proxy war start to lean in favor of one side.

The unnetworking of the machines in Pascal's village, the forest, and the Amusement Park was the Terminal's doing, intentionally creating new variables that would force them to adapt to something new. The attack on Pascal's village was also caused by them.

Once you get rid of the Terminals, the remaining machines just act independently of the network. The two machines that A2 and 9S fight at the end voice their concern about their lack of a master, and a purpose.

The machine data in Ending D is just a copy of every machine's data, along with the human data contained in the library, which is a replica of the library from the first NieR, which took place a couple thousand years before NieR: Automata.

All of this is because of the Terminals' belief that conflict breeds evolution. They're about as close to the mastermind behind it all as the game allows.

...unless you count the appearance of Square Enix's CEO in the DLC.

Gah where does it explain all this?! I'll admit I didn't get to see all of ending D as this was where my ending E kicked in. Was there a post credits scene or something?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:
Gah where does it explain all this?! I'll admit I didn't get to see all of ending D as this was where my ending E kicked in. Was there a post credits scene or something?

Some of it was in the data files you receive in the final dungeon. And there's a couple more data files you can find
Spoiler:
if you chose not to delete your save and search every nook and cranny of the world and the short bonus dungeon. And if you're wondering, you didn't miss anything good, just a ridiculously OP lvl 99 boss fight and a ridiculously underwhelming lvl 99 boss fight locked behind a grind to upgrade every single weapon in the game.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Happy Maria

Just finished Trace Memory. It was a...bit of a downgrade coming from the Kyle Hyde series, I confess. I was pretty disappointed in the game overall.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Picked up Xenoblade 2 on a whim, and it’s been eating up my time ever since. I’m looking forward to playing the other 2 games, along with other JRPGs in general.

Gettin' Old!

Thunder84 wrote:
Picked up Xenoblade 2 on a whim, and it’s been eating up my time ever since. I’m looking forward to playing the other 2 games, along with other JRPGs in general.

Hope it's good.

The first was an incredible experience.

Make sure you make the best use of BACK SLASH!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Yabba Dabba Doo

It’s absolutely incredibly so far. This may be mostly due to never having played a game in this genre, but everything has been an absolute joy. Even grinding has been enjoyable.

And although there’s no back slash (sadly), the game makes up for it by some of the most annoying enemy cries ever heard. ESPECIALLY the Ardainian Soldiers.

Gettin' Old!

Ah I do love the battle banter in the first game.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Yabba Dabba Doo

The battle banter in this game is so bad it’s meme worthy. If you like soldiers screaming “DONT FORGET ME” and “YA DUN” over and over and over, this game is for you.

Gettin' Old!

Thunder84 wrote:
The battle banter in this game is so bad it’s meme worthy. If you like soldiers screaming “DONT FORGET ME” and “YA DUN” over and over and over, this game is for you.

I can see the memes already.

I won't forget you generic soldier T_T
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Been playing The World Ends with You lately. I didn't think I would get used to the whole dual screen battle system but I did somehow. The story is good so far, currently in the 4th d day of week 2.

Also I like the art style of the game and all but why do most characters look so...anorexic? I mean seriously, and this is in a game where food is more or less part of the gameplay mechanics.
Signature loading, please wait...

Gettin' Old!

Cesar Zero wrote:
Been playing The World Ends with You lately. I didn't think I would get used to the whole dual screen battle system but I did somehow. The story is good so far, currently in the 4th d day of week 2.

Also I like the art style of the game and all but why do most characters look so...anorexic? I mean seriously, and this is in a game where food is more or less part of the gameplay mechanics.

World Ends with You was way ahead of its time. Even had a pre-streetpass streetpass system. Gah another fantastic game.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I’ll never get over the fact that TWEWY doesn’t have a sequel. Really.

I've felt worse.

Thelema wrote:

I'm still mad about that countdown.

Gettin' Old!

Thelema wrote:

I wonder if you recall the huge hyped up countdown where everyone was all a frothing mess of excitement because it looked like a TWEWY sequel....

And then they announced the TWEWY iOS port.

And everyone was shocked.

Since that and the incredibly built up, FF7....PC Port PS4 Port reveal I'm just convinced Square has no idea how to do marketing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

XD Wow, really? I've never played TWEWY before (RPGs aren't my kind of thing) but that kind of announcement feels pretty underwhelming.

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
XD Wow, really? I've never played TWEWY before (RPGs aren't my kind of thing) but that kind of announcement feels pretty underwhelming.

It was cripplingly shocking...that they felt an iOS port (which defeats some of the incredibly unique mechanics from the original game) was worth that fuss.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Well, now I know why so many people were unwilling to believe the 4infinity countdown was actually about ZTD. Imagine if that had turned out to be just for hyping a port...

And yeah, I am not sure how they made TWEWY work with just one screen. I'm glad I decided to play the original version instead of buying the Android port.
Signature loading, please wait...

I think they were trolling lol. Seriously. They wanted to get people’s attention.

But I still have hope. Maybe not soon, but I think they’ll end up giving in to the idea of making a sequel.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Finished up Xenoblade 2 (At least, the story portion). Great ending, although I could see the "plot twist" from a mile away. They handled it well, though.

I do have a few issues, though. For one, the minmap is garbage. No idea what the developers were thinking. A lot of reviewers echoed a certain point, and I completely agree with them: Despite the incredible story, the game goes out of it's way to disengage you from it. I can think of 3 examples:

Spoiler: Chapter 7 (Very minor)
During one point of urgency, the game forces you to upgrade your field skills. Nothing says epic and engaging more than collecting wood in Gormott.

Spoiler: Chapter 9 (Also very minor)
Same thing as last time, although amplified both ways. Not only is it a HUGE part of the story, but the requirements to proceed are ridiculous. I love buying out books and tea for my blades.

Spoiler: Chapter 10 (No big story spoilers, but still spoilers)
It's one of those alternate dimension "fight your party" type of things. I tend to like these a lot, and the fights themselves are fine, if not a bit difficult. My main issue is that, when you die,
you don't get your party back. Without your party, you have absolutely no chance of leveling up or finding more blades,
and you're stuck with what you got. If you're not prepared for a battle like this, you're screwed. I got lucky and barely scraped through after a few hours of preparation by buying good accessories and pouch items, but even then I was still barely beating the bosses with around 20-30 HP left.

Still, the game is absolutely phenomenal. The soundtrack is absolutely spectacular too. I haven't played X1, so I don't know how it feels in-game, but based on sound alone I can think of at least 5 tracks that are better than Gaur Plains, Mechanical Rhythm, etc. Mor Ardain is one of my favorite themes of all time.

Easy 10/10 for me. I can't wait to play the other two Xenoblade games.

Gettin' Old!

How long was it?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Started replaying ZTD again. It was very hard to do though. I swear the reason I've been putting this off for so long is that it gets worse with each replay.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Pierre wrote:
How long was it?

Upwards of 50 hours, and that’s only with minor grinding. There’s still at least 40-50 hours of content left.

I think I need to restart playing Tales of Berseria, making this my 3rd attempt at playing the game. I know I was near the point when a lot gets revealed and Velvet gets some development, but... I needed to stop. I think it's because Velvet is just not a very interesting protagonist.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
I think I need to restart playing Tales of Berseria, making this my 3rd attempt at playing the game. I know I was near the point when a lot gets revealed and Velvet gets some development, but... I needed to stop. I think it's because Velvet is just not a very interesting protagonist.

C-A

I understand not finding Velvet interesting, but how would restarting help that? You'd just end up doing what I did with Chrono Trigger and find the parts you already played through feel like a chore.

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

I understand not finding Velvet interesting, but how would restarting help that? You'd just end up doing what I did with Chrono Trigger and find the parts you already played through feel like a chore.

Eh... I can start 'anew' with only certain DLC costumes loaded into the game. I dunno, I do recall skipping stuff - plus, restarting would give me a chance to try and get the Mystic Artes I missed in the two boss battles - because, apparently, the automatic cutscene of it occuring does not count. Unless there's a mystic arte only available in NG+ and getting the "See all Mystic Artes" Trophy is a two-playthrough thing, anyway?

As for Tales of Zestiria, I started and... eh. I enjoyed having Alisha in my party for 5 minutes of Prickleboard hunting.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Quote:
plus, restarting would give me a chance to try and get the Mystic Artes I missed in the two boss battles - because, apparently, the automatic cutscene of it occuring does not count. Unless there's a mystic arte only available in NG+ and getting the "See all Mystic Artes" Trophy is a two-playthrough thing, anyway?

If you're referring to Artorius and Shigure, they'll use the same Mystic Artes during your final encounters with each of them. I didn't bother with trophies in Berseria (partly because Steam has even less of a use for them than PSN), but I'm certain that particular trophy requires you to fight and actually win against the cameo battle, which will require you to grind in the bonus dungeon.

sumguy28 wrote:
Quote:
plus, restarting would give me a chance to try and get the Mystic Artes I missed in the two boss battles - because, apparently, the automatic cutscene of it occuring does not count. Unless there's a mystic arte only available in NG+ and getting the "See all Mystic Artes" Trophy is a two-playthrough thing, anyway?

If you're referring to Artorius and Shigure, they'll use the same Mystic Artes during your final encounters with each of them. I didn't bother with trophies in Berseria (partly because Steam has even less of a use for them than PSN), but I'm certain that particular trophy requires you to fight and actually win against the cameo battle, which will require you to grind in the bonus dungeon.

I read that the automatic occurences do not count, but that Shigure actually has 'two' Mystic Arte types. One being the one shown in the Port Candix battle against him and one during the 'real' battle with him later on, which only occurs if Rokurou is in your party.

By the way, I can talk to party members in Zestiria about things going on... does that do anything or is that just a little thing?

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
Quote:

I read that the automatic occurences do not count, but that Shigure actually has 'two' Mystic Arte types. One being the one shown in the Port Candix battle against him and one during the 'real' battle with him later on, which only occurs if Rokurou is in your party.

By the way, I can talk to party members in Zestiria about things going on... does that do anything or is that just a little thing?

C-A

You can get both during Shigure's 'real' fight. Keep Rokurou out of the fight until he uses his Mystic Arte, then switch Rokurou in via the D-Pad. The fight should last long enough that he uses it multiple times.

Talking to party members in Zestiria is just for a quick checklist of things you might need to do. Make sure to do the things marked with a purple star; they're mandatory despite you not needing them until later.

Alexander James

I've been playing Sonic Dash for more than a week now.

And also, PW:AA:DD on my phone.
If all of them are happy, then I shall be happy too.

The end of nonsense is near.

Happy Maria

A little more into ZTD- I take back what I said a little. D Team is the best team and it really shows that they were the only ones written by the normal writer.

I will say I dislike the lack of puzzle rooms in this one. The last half of a game is just cutscenes, and it becomes less of a...well, a game, you know?

Yabba Dabba Doo

Thunder84 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
How long was it?

Upwards of 50 hours, and that’s only with minor grinding. There’s still at least 40-50 hours of content left.

Oh man, was I wrong. I'm now 90 hours into Xenoblade 2 and I'll likely be playing it for another 50, probably more. This game just does not end.

Happy Maria

Finally finished my replay of ZTD. The best way to cleanse the bad taste in my mouth was to rewatch some of the shitposts from this game. They really are super high quality.

Also finished Gabriel Knight 3 for the first time last week. It was a nice experience, but overall I'd say that the first one is the best. It really has the most style to it imo.

I finished the main plot of Tales of Berseria.
The ending was... okay. I was hoping for something a bit more, but...
The final dungeon sucked. It felt too large, the design was boring and the directions are confusing.
I also didn't find the chambers where I can get Rokurou's and Eizen's third MA.

C-A

Persona 5, what a badass game <3 it is great to finally touch the game I’ve been waiting for years during my vacation ~ I have all the time in the world to enjoy it now, tee hee~

- The aesthetics/atmosphere of the game is great... the soundtrack, the art, the colors... great af (btw I really like street-artsy things)
- The protagonist’s design and clothes especially... are greeeat
- Ryuji’s hella awesome, he is like a Yousuke from the streets... or a Yousuke with a Kanji-ish touch. Ann is fine, and not at all what I imagined her to be.
- Morgana is cuuuute haha and much better than Teddie
- I’m glad they didn’t totally stop with the psychological focus of the game... like, dungeons still reflect people’s inner worlds
- I like the new added semi-stealth elements... tho sometimes I just lose the patience and want to kick the enemy’s ass
- I really really missed playing a RPG like this, in a urban, real-world setting, as opposed to a lot of JRPGs, which take place in boring middle aged-like settings/fantasy worlds...
- Kamoshida is a boring, simple-minded asshole. I started the game yesterday and just finished his “thing”/arc. Nothing interesting about his character at all.
- I want to get to the Makoto part ASAP

Gettin' Old!

Thelema wrote:
Persona 5, what a badass game <3 it is great to finally touch the game I’ve been waiting for years during my vacation ~ I have all the time in the world to enjoy it now, tee hee~

- The aesthetics/atmosphere of the game is great... the soundtrack, the art, the colors... great af (btw I really like street-artsy things)
- The protagonist’s design and clothes especially... are greeeat
- Ryuji’s hella awesome, he is like a Yousuke from the streets... or a Yousuke with a Kanji-ish touch. Ann is fine, and not at all what I imagined her to be.
- Morgana is cuuuute haha and much better than Teddie
- I’m glad they didn’t totally stop with the psychological focus of the game... like, dungeons still reflect people’s inner worlds
- I like the new added semi-stealth elements... tho sometimes I just lose the patience and want to kick the enemy’s ass
- I really really missed playing a RPG like this, in a urban, real-world setting, as opposed to a lot of JRPGs, which take place in boring middle aged-like settings/fantasy worlds...
- Kamoshida is a boring, simple-minded asshole. I started the game yesterday and just finished his “thing”/arc. Nothing interesting about his character at all.

Yeaheeeeh get that Persona 5 kick. My girlfriend has just started playing it and I can't stop pestering her about it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Thelema wrote:

Kamoshida is the Starter Villain. He's pretty one-note, but he's supposed to be a huge asshole, so you don't feel bad that you are, basically, screwing his mind until he changes it. Later targets become a bit more... interesting, I'd say.

Makoto is cool. But it'll take a while to get to her.

I stopped at the Hawaii field trip... it just felt so odd and out-of-place. I know I should keep going, since I know I am getting to a dungeon and section that is really interesting (and I will be getting my final party member Akechi? Who is Akechi? I don't count him). But I just can't get myself to start my PS3 up...

C-A

I've felt worse.

Quote:

I had just finished Deus Ex before I started Persona 5, so the stealth sections felt like a breeze in comparison. You won't need to reload a quick save 50 times in one area.
Quote:
I stopped at the Hawaii field trip... it just felt so odd and out-of-place. I know I should keep going, since I know I am getting to a dungeon and section that is really interesting (and I will be getting my final party member Akechi? Who is Akechi? I don't count him). But I just can't get myself to start my PS3 up...

You did stop right before the worst batch of cutscenes in the game, although once you get past that part the game does start picking up.

I'm playing Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Gettin' Old!

UMVC3 is a complete mess...but it's got Nick so...it's ok. What I really can't wait for is DB FighterZ that game looks amazing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

sumguy28 wrote:
You did stop right before the worst batch of cutscenes in the game, although once you get past that part the game does start picking up.

I know what happens, so it's not like I ever sat there and wondered what I'm missing by stopping.

I started Tales of Zestiria, because I need a break from Berseria and doing nothing but Trophy-hunting is boring. I only got to the point of getting Lailah. Is it me or do the more recent Tales game all have super-long, slow beginnings? I mean, with Symphonia, you had the quick exposition and then you instantly went to the temple for plot and battles. In Abyss, you had some cutscenes, then got literally thrown across half the world into battles.
Berseria is lots of scenes of Laphicet and Velvet, whose perfect lives are so happy and nothing will ever happen to harm that, and then the prison part. Zestiria here has ruins. And walking around ruins to find Alisha. And then a battle, yes, and then you walk. And walk. To a city. And you have Sorey becoming the Sheperd. And talk.
And I will not mention the entirety of the Childhood Arc for Tales of Graces.

On an entirely different note, why does Lailah get Miki's outfit for Idolm@ster? It's fresh green. (Lime green) Um... their personalities are not similar. Nor the voice actresses. (RIP...) Wouldn't it make more sense to give HER Haruka's red attire? Fire Seraph, after all. Or Azusa's, if the reference is that Lailah's boobs are kinda big. (And Azusa is a bit of an airhead, which Lailah... likes to pretend... to be at times.)
Page 263 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266 ... 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station