Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 246 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249 ... 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

I've felt worse.

Blak The Great wrote:
Buckled down and finally subbed for FFXIV a few weeks ago. I'm an adorable lizard girl who's finally achieved her dream of becoming a Dragoon, so she could jump really high in the sky and plummet back to the ground with her lance ready to poke things. I've managed to find catharsis amidst the grinding and doing the monotonous quests that come with MMOs.

I checked out the free trial a while ago, and while it seemed interesting, the unresizable NPC text box put a damper on things. That, and I'm still confused by the payment options. The official website says the base game is $60, Steam says the base game is $20, I'm clearly missing something obvious here.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

sumguy28 wrote:
I checked out the free trial a while ago, and while it seemed interesting, the unresizable NPC text box put a damper on things. That, and I'm still confused by the payment options. The official website says the base game is $60, Steam says the base game is $20, I'm clearly missing something obvious here.

$60 on Steam will get you the Base game + Heavensward (expansion) whereas $20 is just the base game, so I'm assuming the official store is the same offering. Sub is like $10 a month for one character which is really all you need since you can easily change classes on the fly.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Scary Cat

Blak The Great wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

$60 on Steam will get you the Base game + Heavensward (expansion) whereas $20 is just the base game, so I'm assuming the official store is the same offering. Sub is like $10 a month for one character which is really all you need since you can easily change classes on the fly.

The base sub price is $15 per month. I don't think you can get it down to 10 exactly, but setting the account as an "entry" level account does lower it to $13, and only restricts you to 8 total characters, and max of 1 per server. That actually isn't that bad, since one character can be all of the classes, so there isn't much reason to have more than one character on a server anyway.
Image Avatar/Signature sprites done by good folk at Crystal Gun Girl Game

Apollon Flame

Right now I am playing Xenoblade Chronicles on my Wii U. I saw it at $20 on the eShop and decided to give one of the most clamored JRPGs in history a go. And I must say, I am liking it's Action RPG combat system, and the Adventure aspect that has an exploration reward system. :godot:
A King

in name

alone...

Gettin' Old!

Scent wrote:
Right now I am playing Xenoblade Chronicles on my Wii U. I saw it at $20 on the eShop and decided to give one of the most clamored JRPGs in history a go. And I must say, I am liking it's Action RPG combat system, and the Adventure aspect that has an exploration reward system. :godot:

Woo yeah get in there and enjoy all that delightful charm and the satisfying combat system!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I reinstalled Sims 3 and some expansions, cause I missed controlling people's lives every second before getting bored designing houses. I also decided to do some 'Challenges', selfimposed ways of playing the game different from typical household of marriage, kids, jobs and stuff.

C-A

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, and it's kicking my butt.

ASCEND

I finally got Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon! I had forgotten how much I actually enjoyed Explorers of Sky!

Well, until I got stuck forever on the final boss, but whatever. That s not really important.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Gettin' Old!

Fire Emblem Conquest

Doing chapter 17 for the 8th or so time. God damn I hate ninja.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Gardevoir lover

Harvest Moon Magical Melody.

I'm on day 20, still trying to woo Ellen. Were still on the just friends basis... f*ck.

Got a rhythm for planting and growing crops so now i have a steady sorce of income, i managed to build a chicken coop and have two chickens named "KFC" and "Popeyes"

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

In Justice We Trust

Pierre wrote:
Fire Emblem Conquest

I don't hate ninja so much as I hate being on the business end of their Poison Strike skill. The target loses 20% of their maximum HP even if the attack misses? Yeah, that's not broken or anything, especially not on a map teeming with enemy units that are likely to have that skill... If it only triggered in the case of an attack that hit, I'd be less averse to it, but the developers apparently didn't like that idea.
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Fire Emblem Conquest

I don't hate ninja so much as I hate being on the business end of their Poison Strike skill. The target loses 20% of their maximum HP even if the attack misses? Yeah, that's not broken or anything, especially not on a map teeming with enemy units that are likely to have that skill... If it only triggered in the case of an attack that hit, I'd be less averse to it, but the developers apparently didn't like that idea.

It's a thing unique to them...so yeah I think I'm ok hating them.

Had two enemies miss me and I still took precious damage.

Plus they all can fight at range and up close so they can hit so many people.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Do you see the black one...or the white?

What difficulty are you playing at Pierre?

As for the whole Ninja ability thing, to me it makes sense considering that Hoshido is going to have the overall better weapons and abilities whereas Nohr not so much. Other obvious things aside, it was another reason why I assumed and felt that Birthright was a million times easier than Conquest. Personally, I liked the challenge in Conquest, but then again, that's probably because I was so bored with Birthright. I also felt that Conquest's overall challenge was way more fair than Birthright's as well, whereas in Conquest I could strategize my placements and such. Whereas in Birthright, their idea of challenge was to just throw a whole buttload of enemies at you at once so the only thing you could do was just throw your tanks out front.

As for getting walled in Conquest, Chapter 20 did it for me. I spent I want to say 9 hours or so on that map alone, whereas most of the other ones took me only 2-3 tries. For some reason, I just had trouble with the wind mechanics or I'd have a slip in judgment guessing where the wind was going to carry and end up having a weaker unit end up getting mobbed. Honestly, it was an interesting map, but I hated that mechanic so much. So much that I had a little bit of PTSD when I saw the same map in Revelations, albeit, toned down in difficulty.

That said, ninjas with poison strike are still pretty booty.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
What difficulty are you playing at Pierre?

As for the whole Ninja ability thing, to me it makes sense considering that Hoshido is going to have the overall better weapons and abilities whereas Nohr not so much. Other obvious things aside, it was another reason why I assumed and felt that Birthright was a million times easier than Conquest. Personally, I liked the challenge in Conquest, but then again, that's probably because I was so bored with Birthright. I also felt that Conquest's overall challenge was way more fair than Birthright's as well, whereas in Conquest I could strategize my placements and such. Whereas in Birthright, their idea of challenge was to just throw a whole buttload of enemies at you at once so the only thing you could do was just throw your tanks out front.

As for getting walled in Conquest, Chapter 20 did it for me. I spent I want to say 9 hours or so on that map alone, whereas most of the other ones took me only 2-3 tries. For some reason, I just had trouble with the wind mechanics or I'd have a slip in judgment guessing where the wind was going to carry and end up having a weaker unit end up getting mobbed. Honestly, it was an interesting map, but I hated that mechanic so much. So much that I had a little bit of PTSD when I saw the same map in Revelations, albeit, toned down in difficulty.

That said, ninjas with poison strike are still pretty booty.

Normal difficulty with Perma-Death (Read: No one can die or I restart)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Danksgiving

i understand restarting it if you lose your favorite character or if the cause was really BS or you're having a bad day but why play on permadeath if you are just going to restart until you don't lose anyone

Gettin' Old!

Mister Gruel wrote:
i understand restarting it if you lose your favorite character or if the cause was really BS or you're having a bad day but why play on permadeath if you are just going to restart until you don't lose anyone

Because I prefer to use favourite characters over optimal characters most of the time so when someone dies often I'm already interested in them and have invested significant time in them.

Eh I don't want folks to die, but I don't want the cop-out "Ooooh ow...that really hurt, I'd better retreat" when a character gets killed either.

Urgh I wait and wait for the grinding DLC to come out and when Boo Camp inevitably does come out the enemies are actually challenging and can kill me. What's more Mozu still does no damage to them! I'll just never be able to use her
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Permadeath is for the challenge and is essentially the core of what Fire Emblem was. Until Awakening. But there's just something so much more satisfying about beating a tough map on permadeath with all characters in tact rather than wussing out and going casual and letting people die because there is no consequence. Permadeath adds more strategy and careful planning as opposed to casual where you could pretty much not care at all.

Basically, I'd say if you're more for the gameplay, permadeath is the viable option.

If you're for the story or whatever else, then permadeath means jack.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

In Justice We Trust

My usual system is to play on Casual mode, but act as though I'm playing on Classic mode. If I lose someone, I start the mission over. It's only after having to start over too many times that I decide "screw it" and ignore losses in that mission.
I'll always love you, Max.

Pierre wrote:
Urgh I wait and wait for the grinding DLC to come out and when Boo Camp inevitably does come out the enemies are actually challenging and can kill me. What's more Mozu still does no damage to them! I'll just never be able to use her

Unfortunately enemies in side quests and DLC maps scale in relation to how far in the game you are so if you haven't used Mozu much by now you're probably SOL as far as she goes

You also want to Heart Seal her into an archer pretty much immediately upon recruiting her since villager is the worst class in the game and she already starts with the one good thing it provides (Aptitude)

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Unfortunately enemies in side quests and DLC maps scale in relation to how far in the game you are so if you haven't used Mozu much by now you're probably SOL as far as she goes

You also want to Heart Seal her into an archer pretty much immediately upon recruiting her since villager is the worst class in the game and she already starts with the one good thing it provides (Aptitude)

Urgh but I wanted to grind because I found the point I was at in the game quite hard already...

Does Villager learn nothing else of interest?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The man for your trials!

I'm doing Fire Emblem Birthright, and have just finished Chapter 10 and waifued Azura.

Also, I've been at Sonic Adventure on the side.

Pierre wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Urgh but I wanted to grind because I found the point I was at in the game quite hard already...

Does Villager learn nothing else of interest?

Underdog, which gives a hit and avoid bonus when attacking something higher level than you. Which is pretty redundant on someone who has skill and speed growths like Mozu (essentially 75% skill and 80% speed with Aptitude as an Archer, 70% and 75% as a Villager)

Villager also Master Seals into Master of Arms or Merchant, but Archer can MS into Sniper soooo :yogi:

Gettin' Old!

Fair enough, followed your advice and gave her some strength tonics so she could actually hurt stuff and now the ball is rolling so she can be trained to catch up.

Debating making Odin a samurai...because its just not fair that Hoshido gets all the myrmidon class.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Samurai or Dread Fighter Odin is absolutely the way to go, he sucks as a Dark Mage.

Spoiler: Awakening
It's probably an intentional joke by the devs; Owain starts as a swordfighter in Awakening but he's way better as a mage, so they flipped it around in Fates

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Samurai or Dread Fighter Odin is absolutely the way to go, he sucks as a Dark Mage.

Spoiler: Awakening
It's probably an intentional joke by the devs; Owain starts as a swordfighter in Awakening but he's way better as a mage, so they flipped it around in Fates

Hey it worked for my headcanon.

Spoiler: My Awakening Run
His Dad was Henry, the hair and abilities match up.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I'm playing Ocarina of Time 3D. My opinion on it this time:

- I like the idea of having to jump between future and past to influence events (such as Epona) but it takes too long to get to the game's best feature, and it's tedious to change times.
- It suffers from camera issues like most games in the early 3D era. It's much worse in the 3DS version because the button to target and the button to control the camera are the same button.
- I love theme of music, and I think it was done a lot better than Wind Waker. However, I think Wind Waker's Link is the best Link, because he's so expressive.

Oh, and Malon is super cute.

I've felt worse.

Went ahead and got FFXIV, at least for the next month. Couldn't think of a proper name for my retainer that wasn't already taken so now poor Wubbalubbadubsnub has to manage my item storage. Other than that, it's going fine.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Scary Cat

sumguy28 wrote:
Went ahead and got FFXIV, at least for the next month. Couldn't think of a proper name for my retainer that wasn't already taken so now poor Wubbalubbadubsnub has to manage my item storage. Other than that, it's going fine.

Whoops I hit PM instead of quote, sorry bout that. :payne:

MBr wrote:
I'm playing Ocarina of Time 3D. My opinion on it this time:

- I like the idea of having to jump between future and past to influence events (such as Epona) but it takes too long to get to the game's best feature, and it's tedious to change times.
- It suffers from camera issues like most games in the early 3D era. It's much worse in the 3DS version because the button to target and the button to control the camera are the same button.
- I love theme of music, and I think it was done a lot better than Wind Waker. However, I think Wind Waker's Link is the best Link, because he's so expressive.

Oh, and Malon is super cute.

Personally, I find the fact that you can travel back to be the main weak point in the plot. If I can just go back to the present time, why bother going back forward? Link sees that it leads to Ganondorf taking over Hyrule, lots of other shit going down and it was mostly because he touched the sword too soon and pulled it out. Why not just go back to present time and not touch the sword?

Sure, the king has probably been killed and Zelda had to flee. But Ganondorf is a known criminal. And Link knows that Ganondorf cannot touch the sword, so he cannot open the Sacred Realm or get to the Triforce. Certainly, Zelda's plan was incredibly dumb to begin with, but this way, they'd be at a stalemate. Link won't grab the sword, Ganondorf can't do anything. Bad Future averted.

This is a problem if you add time travel as a (main) aspect of gameplay. And, maybe it's me, but I cannot remember anything groundbreaking being influenced if you do or do not do something in either time period. (Except the windmill and Song of Storms, which is such a conundrum, that thing should be swallowed in a black hole of a paradox)

On-Topic: I'm playing Sims 3 with Challenges. Mostly the Runaway Teen one, which tends to include a mod in making her sell her body for some money to survive. And yes, she can get pregnant and needs to balance surviving for herself and her kid(s) now. Kinda fun.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:

What's your dude like and what class did you try?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've fallen back into Skyrim.

Damn.

There goes the next two weeks of my life.
Sig.

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

I made him look like me (or at least tried to) except he's a Miqo'te, has no facial hair and carries a lance that constantly clips though his tail.
Quote:
What server are you on? If you're on leviathan i'd be happy to provide you with free equipment while you level, or if you're on balmung I got an alt i'm currently leveling that I can still be of assistance with. Other than that, I'd be more than happy to answer questions you have.

I've played ffxiv so much that I get much of my entertainment nowadays assisting newer players. :p

I'm on Lamia, but I think I can manage on my own for now. Right now, I'm working towards the Grand Company supply quests because dammit, I want my own Chocobo.

CatMuto wrote:
Personally, I find the fact that you can travel back to be the main weak point in the plot. If I can just go back to the present time, why bother going back forward? Link sees that it leads to Ganondorf taking over Hyrule, lots of other shit going down and it was mostly because he touched the sword too soon and pulled it out. Why not just go back to present time and not touch the sword?

Sure, the king has probably been killed and Zelda had to flee. But Ganondorf is a known criminal. And Link knows that Ganondorf cannot touch the sword, so he cannot open the Sacred Realm or get to the Triforce. Certainly, Zelda's plan was incredibly dumb to begin with, but this way, they'd be at a stalemate. Link won't grab the sword, Ganondorf can't do anything. Bad Future averted.

C-A

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SanDimasTime
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... lToThePast

CatMuto wrote:
This is a problem if you add time travel as a (main) aspect of gameplay. And, maybe it's me, but I cannot remember anything groundbreaking being influenced if you do or do not do something in either time period. (Except the windmill and Song of Storms, which is such a conundrum, that thing should be swallowed in a black hole of a paradox)

C-A

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... leTimeLoop

Scary Cat

sumguy28 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

I made him look like me (or at least tried to) except he's a Miqo'te, has no facial hair and carries a lance that constantly clips though his tail.
Quote:
What server are you on? If you're on leviathan i'd be happy to provide you with free equipment while you level, or if you're on balmung I got an alt i'm currently leveling that I can still be of assistance with. Other than that, I'd be more than happy to answer questions you have.

I've played ffxiv so much that I get much of my entertainment nowadays assisting newer players. :p

I'm on Lamia, but I think I can manage on my own for now. Right now, I'm working towards the Grand Company supply quests because dammit, I want my own Chocobo.

Not surprised we aren't on the same server, but worth a try anyway.
For your chocobo though, don't forget you now have a hunting log for the grand company, that rewards you with seals. One or two beasts of that list and you should have plenty of seals for your license.

Gardevoir lover

Harvest Moon Magical Melody, day 25: Sempai finally noticed me, she gave me fish.

Managed to save up enough money and wood to build a barn for cows and horses so i can properly start raising a farm. A new chicken hatched in the coop bringing the total up 3, Sanders, Popeye and Church. I'm morbid like that.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I've been playing Overwatch for a week now, and I'm trying to like it. I love shooters with an emphasis on teamwork, like Rainbow Six Siege and Team Fortress 2. I can't. It's a clusterfuck of colours, and there's so much bloom, it's like I haven't been out of my house in weeks.

Gardevoir lover

Just beat Whitney in Soul Silver, added a third team member to my group in the form of Mumkhar the Scyther, caught in todays bug catching contest.

My current team right now is:

Vector the Croconaw LV 23
Thomas the Pigeyotto LV 20
Mumkhar the Scyther LV 19

Finally got around to finishing Revelation

gdi ch 18

double gdi ch 23 :larry:

Gettin' Old!

MBr wrote:
I've been playing Overwatch for a week now, and I'm trying to like it. I love shooters with an emphasis on teamwork, like Rainbow Six Siege and Team Fortress 2. I can't. It's a clusterfuck of colours, and there's so much bloom, it's like I haven't been out of my house in weeks.

I'll take your copy if you don't want it :-P
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Enoshima Junko-chan!

My brother is playing it, so my money isn't a complete waste. Turns out I hate arena style games.

Back to Ocarina of Time, my earlier assessment was when I was still playing it. Now I'm done. When I praise the time travel, I'm talking about things like the Spirit Temple and Epona. How it's worked into the plot is the standard time travel confusion. The game's explanation on the story is that Ganondorf was able to access the Sacred Realm when Link removed the Master Sword, so Link has to stop Ganondorf in the future. Of course, he could go back in time to not remove the Master Sword, but the game thinks that the best thing to do is pull out the Master Sword, doom Hyrule to 7 years of suffering, THEN defeat Ganondorf.
I've played better games with time travel, like Ghost Trick. Unlike Ocarina of Time, you can't just go back and time and live a carefree life.
Page 246 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249 ... 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station