Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 243 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246 ... 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

Gardevoir lover

Just completely destroyed Blaine with my Dewgong.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Dandelion - Wishes Brought To You
Just as with Nameless, first time I go through the game, I get a bad ending. Okay. I didn't know how to get onto the routes and needed a bit of fine-tuning to figure out how to balance the parameters, while getting enough points with a guy to get onto his route. Anyhow, got onto Jisoo's route. Allow me to quote a hilarious mistake that the game tells me about Jiyeon.
"Jiyeon has pretty bad language skills."

Jiyeon: That is a complincated (X) question.
Heejung: That is a complicated (O) qustion.

Nice going there, translation team. You made protagonist Heejung look like a know-nothing-know-it-all hypocrite.

C-A

Sylph of Doom

Mainly working on Pokémon Yellow, but I'm also working on Pokedex filling for Omega Ruby.

I also have some other games to go back to, including Majora's Mask 3D and a couple Kingdom Hearts games. I have a couple gamed of Corpse Party too. Some retro Sonic, LoZ, and Castlevania.
Yours in Eternity

The Chocolateholic of CR

Still PSO2.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

I've felt worse.

I'm playing Hatoful Lawyer Aviary Attorney. It is what it sounds like, an Ace Attorney-esque game where the main characters are birds set in Paris in 1848. With a premise like that, it's not like it could get any weirder, right?
Spoiler:
Like, participating in yet another French uprising weird?

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gardevoir lover

Been playing some Hatsune Miku project mirai again.
Been fun playing the stages in touch screen mode. And puyo puyo pop of course.

Gettin' Old!

Right some details from my quest to finish games lately:

Spoiler: Bravely Default
Finally got round to beating this one. Decided to release all limiters and just play the game unfairly so that I could get through the slog of repeating worlds.

Performer, 2 Dark Knights and Spiritualist.
Performer ensures the Spiritualist has enough BP, Dark Knights use minus strike for loads of damage that can't be mitigated by anything. Spiritualist drops a well timed stillness to prevent my DK's from dying until their next turn.

Repeat. Just plain unfair.

Though hey it worked, I even managed to improve on it by using hasten world since the enemy doesn't gain any benefit from it thanks to Stillness.

Still least the worlds improved a bit by world 3 where they started explaining bits of the plot. World 4 and 5 went by quickly too thanks to everyone teaming up meaning less battles I had to do.

Overall the ending was pretty solid, the little camera trick they pull in the final boss fight was really neat and the dramatic tension was spot on.
For the plot? It's fine really, aside from the horribly drawn out middle act but everyone knows about that. Some of the characters were quite engaging and I wished I could have known more about them.
The music throughout is pretty fantastic, especially the final boss theme and the special themes of the characters.
The gameplay was also pretty great, a fine return to traditional final fantasy-style gameplay. Turns and strategy, it's what it's about and I think the sales will hopefully show this style is still appreciated. Whether or not Square Enix takes it into something mainstream on the consoles remains to be seen but I'd like to see a return of turn-based RPGs from Square, outside of the existing sequel Bravely Second.

Spoiler: Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS
A fantastic game that I'm really glad I got around to finishing. There's just so much scale and drama to everything that's being done that it just leaves you in awe. I remember when I fought the Mechonis-operating Egil and looking behind me in order to see the Mechonis' blade syncing up with Egil's autoattacks and was just like "woah, that's amazing!"

Weirdly enough it's a game that really made me care for it's npcs with that affinity system. I would WANT to see their lives get bettered and play a hand in them. It really lets you get to know the NPCs to an extent.

The gameplay was sound, people praise Xenoblade X for it's gameplay over this but I'm not sure I see it. Every mechanic has a specific purpose and they blend together really well to give you some real tactical options. I especially liked playing as Fiora, I'd pop her speed shift ability and stack haste and critical abilities on her and turn her into an auto-attack MACHINE. It was a thing of beauty just watching those numbers fly off.

But yeah, music gameplay and characters are all pretty excellent here so I'd recommend this to anyone.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

1000% Knight

Pierre wrote:
I especially liked playing as Fiora, I'd pop her speed shift ability and stack haste and critical abilities on her and turn her into an auto-attack MACHINE. It was a thing of beauty just watching those numbers fly off.

And then you run into an enemy with counter spike and die in 2 seconds :P
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Counter spike is absolute butts in Xenoblade.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
Pierre wrote:
I especially liked playing as Fiora, I'd pop her speed shift ability and stack haste and critical abilities on her and turn her into an auto-attack MACHINE. It was a thing of beauty just watching those numbers fly off.

And then you run into an enemy with counter spike and die in 2 seconds :P

Oh absolutely I had my fair share of that. Also most flying enemies can't be toppled but she has a tonne of abilities that capitalise on it.

I suppose I should say when she is at her best it feels amazing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I got Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut for the PS3. I heard it had some lagging issues (dunno how badly or how much I should believe that). I know the story and revelations and all, so there won't be much surprises me for... except... well, while I 'know' the plot twists, I haven't SEEN them. So, things like the appearance of the final boss and everything would still be new for me. And the LP I watched hasn't proceeded to even the second murder yet, so I haven't seen that, either.

Yeah, I know who the murderer is, but this time, I can go into the game and watch out specifically for all those tiny, obscure hints that were dropped to begin with and I just didn't notice when I watched the beginning of the LP. Also, from what I've seen the action parts (shooting zombie... ghost... thingies...), they don't seem all that great... but hey, a good story can make up for that. And the story IS good.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

So i picked up Pokken.
My god this game is sooo much fun, i'm not sure if it's because i'm biased that these two are my favorite Pokemon or something but Blaziken and Gardevoir are the funnest to use.
I picked Gardevoir as my partner mon and i've been playing online with her.
This is some of the smoothest online fighting i've had in quite a while.

The Chocolateholic of CR

Man I forgot how hard the hard difficulty on FE:A was.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.

Hello! Hello! *squawk*

Played a game of Civilization IV: Colonization as the Dutch/New Netherlands.

迷探偵

Finished Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (Vita). Hmmm. Disappointing, is the word. I've played Asylum and City, and prefer Asylum for its more focused style of storytelling and gameplay, and was expecting something like that. And Blackgate does really try. Most of the time, it does an adequate job at translating the Arkham gameplay to a (mostly) 2D plane, and it features an original game design, where you're able to choose in which order you defeat the three bosses (with some consequences for the final part of the game). But there are also many problematic points, like the bosses which you can only defeat if you follow the one and only method the developers want you to do, having to scan every 'point of interest' each and every time before you can interact with it, even though you've seen the same thing dozens of time and most horrible of all: THE MAP. Not sure who the genius was who thought that providing a 2D top-down map would be the best way of showing a game-world that is actually 3D, with height and depth differences. Sometimes you'd be several floors above where you'd need to be, and the map would still show you're at your destination.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

The Chocolateholic of CR

Playing Fire Emblem Awakening. Right now I pause the game by going to main menu and closed my 3DS for a while to see if I get any Annas because I am short on Second Seals. And Sadly no Annas... Oh well might as well progress into the game.

Gardevoir lover

Been playing more online Pokken matches. Man this game is so much fun but MAN is Shadow Mewtwo the definition of a glass canon, he's like my second most used character. The guy can sure deal some punishment but he can take a hit to save his life to me the best strategy for him is too just keep pressing buttons like there's no tomorrow.

Danksgiving

Quote:
Shadow Mewtwo

every time i hear that name im reminded of this abomination

Pokémon Zeta. It's a fanmade Pokémon game, but not a ROM Hack; it was made in RPG Maker. It's overall pretty cool, though I haven't encountered much of the story yet, but have read up about the game and it seems good. The cool thing is, it allows you to put your self-imposed challenges into the game PROPERLY. You can pick to do a Nuzlocke and any fainted Pokémon will not be healed by the Pokémon Center or items; you can choose to randomize the Pokémon you encounter... it's really cool!
Only downside, there is no way to speed up the game, which can be a bit boring. And I do notice minor lag issues. (There is a way, but it requires a program called Cheat Engine and it didn't work how I was told it would to speed up the program. Sadly.)

C-A

The Chocolateholic of CR

CatMuto wrote:
Pokémon Zeta. It's a fanmade Pokémon game, but not a ROM Hack; it was made in RPG Maker. It's overall pretty cool, though I haven't encountered much of the story yet, but have read up about the game and it seems good. The cool thing is, it allows you to put your self-imposed challenges into the game PROPERLY. You can pick to do a Nuzlocke and any fainted Pokémon will not be healed by the Pokémon Center or items; you can choose to randomize the Pokémon you encounter... it's really cool!
Only downside, there is no way to speed up the game, which can be a bit boring. And I do notice minor lag issues. (There is a way, but it requires a program called Cheat Engine and it didn't work how I was told it would to speed up the program. Sadly.)

C-A

Catty for CE you gotta enable that speedhack and make it 5.0-8.0, pal.

I'm playing.... well have been playing Pokemon Black. Now not to go off topic but been doing a gameplay of it.

I am playing Pokémon Insurgence - another fanmade Pokémon game, again on the RPG Maker. (This one has a speed-up button added into it! Yay! 'cept it's not as fast as I put it... stupid, slow computer) It's not fully finished, only up to 6 badges, but the story seems good up to now. And you have the option to play the story lighter or darker, so that's pretty cool. I only finished the events in Midna Town and I pretty much lost majority of my team!
My only remaining ones are my starter Eevee, Sylph, whom I want to change into a Sylveon. (Gain friendship already! Gaw, so slow!) Wesley, my Roggenrola I caught early and a Nosepass I called... something, caught in Midna Town's cave. I lost my Zubat, my electrice zebra-horse, my durant... and even my Ghastly, Yandere! That was my second capture in the game and I only had my normal-attack Eevee, so I had to catch it at full health with regular Pokéballs. And I got it on the first try. Urgh, I was so pissed off about that...

C-A

The Chocolateholic of CR

CatMuto wrote:
I am playing Pokémon Insurgence - another fanmade Pokémon game, again on the RPG Maker. (This one has a speed-up button added into it! Yay! 'cept it's not as fast as I put it... stupid, slow computer) It's not fully finished, only up to 6 badges, but the story seems good up to now. And you have the option to play the story lighter or darker, so that's pretty cool. I only finished the events in Midna Town and I pretty much lost majority of my team!
My only remaining ones are my starter Eevee, Sylph, whom I want to change into a Sylveon. (Gain friendship already! Gaw, so slow!) Wesley, my Roggenrola I caught early and a Nosepass I called... something, caught in Midna Town's cave. I lost my Zubat, my electrice zebra-horse, my durant... and even my Ghastly, Yandere! That was my second capture in the game and I only had my normal-attack Eevee, so I had to catch it at full health with regular Pokéballs. And I got it on the first try. Urgh, I was so pissed off about that...

C-A

I see you didn't went with the Delta Pokemon.....

Two other fanmade games you you can ply are Reborn and Rejuvenation.

Apollon Flame

I'm currently playing Super Mario Maker. I'm either making some levels of my own or playing the 100 Mario Challenge Mode to unlock Mystery Shroom costumes. Game's pretty fun and players from around the world have crazy and creative stages. :phoenix:

And I'm honestly not expecting more updates, seeing as how Nintendo will most obvious make a Super Mario Maker 2 for the Nintendo NX to beef up initial sales numbers. :ron:
A King

in name

alone...

Anthony wrote:

Dude. It gave me the option of picking an Eevee. In my opinion, I will always go for the Eevee first. Because it's Eevee! If I replay Insurgence (or my current Nuzlocke fails), then I might pick the fairy-psychic Bulbasaur. By the way, I did the work for that TV Tower in Suntouched city - and I caught an Axew on their demand! (Well, they told me to battle it, whether I caught it or killed it didn't matter) Which is good, I only have my Eevee, a Gyarados with no Water or Dragon attacks, a Magnemite and this Axew now. And the next Gym is Fire/Grass.

I think I've heard of Reborn, but don't think I've heard of Rejuvination.

C-A

The Chocolateholic of CR

CatMuto wrote:
Anthony wrote:

Dude. It gave me the option of picking an Eevee. In my opinion, I will always go for the Eevee first. Because it's Eevee! If I replay Insurgence (or my current Nuzlocke fails), then I might pick the fairy-psychic Bulbasaur. By the way, I did the work for that TV Tower in Suntouched city - and I caught an Axew on their demand! (Well, they told me to battle it, whether I caught it or killed it didn't matter) Which is good, I only have my Eevee, a Gyarados with no Water or Dragon attacks, a Magnemite and this Axew now. And the next Gym is Fire/Grass.

I think I've heard of Reborn, but don't think I've heard of Rejuvination.

C-A

Oh and btw Axew isnt the only Pokemon you ill get aa the TV Tower. Delta Grimer is a must for th Gym of Fire/Grass. You'll thank me.

I know. I also saw it was Level 30, while I barely passed the 20-mark, and decided to not get it yet.

C-A

Danksgiving

the problem with insurgence is that they made the level cap too low

i couldn't get past the lucario ruins because my team was disadvantaged to water types and i couldnt level higher

earthlings on fire

I just finished the short indie game Gone Home. It has an amazing mood that is unique to this game and I haven't seen the likes of it in anything else. The emotional subtelties makes it feel so realistic. It's not even a game, really, more like an interactive story... Either way, it's fucking incredible and everyone needs to play it the whole way through.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

The Chocolateholic of CR

Well you could just Cheat Engine some Rare Candies. But that would just spoil the game.

Go done playing Pokemon Black and reecorded episodes 16-21.

Hello! Hello! *squawk*

Replaying the 1st Gen Pokemon games on the 3DS virtual console.

Danksgiving

playing March of the Black Queen and apparently wasn't able to recruit Gilbert because my reputation wasn't high enough even though I'd barely done anything to lower it

gr8

ASCEND

I just got the fan translation for Mother 3. So far, I thinkit's even better than Earthbound was, even though I'm only in Chapter One.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Planetbox wrote:
I just got the fan translation for Mother 3. So far, I thinkit's even better than Earthbound was, even though I'm only in Chapter One.

Isn't it lovely, how you can't proceed at one point because "there are ants at your feet. you don't want to step on them"?

C-A

ASCEND

CatMuto wrote:
Planetbox wrote:

Isn't it lovely, how you can't proceed at one point because "there are ants at your feet. you don't want to step on them"?

C-A

Yeah, I remember that. I'm pretty sure that was mocking otter games that did that though... I mean, Lycas wouldn't have any reason to go that way alone anyway...
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

In Justice We Trust

I've been working on an "everyone marries" run of Fire Emblem: Fates: Revelation--well, technically, it's an "almost everyone marries" run. There's one character in the second generation who will be unable to marry since I'm marrying my character off to someone from the first generation. I already know what the couples will be for the first generation. I'm still reading over the support chains for second-generation characters, though. I can't say I care for the children mechanic in this game, but I'm going to go ahead and give these characters a chance. It's not their fault the developers' excuse for including them is worse than Gunter's growth rates.
I'll always love you, Max.

ASCEND

I decided to start my game of Conquest in Fire Emblem Fates, which I'm going to play at the same time as I finish Birthright. So far, it's going horribly.

Sensitive Player

Animal Crossing New Leaf, of course...
I have a town to run, Fairtown has 30 Visitors so far...
Growing tired of playing games...
i can be easily sensitive over Miiverse.

Valent Gramarye did Nothing Wrong

the last game i played was investigations 1. The last game i FINISHED was apollo justice.
I found investigations to be weaker then the other games in the series. It has interested mechanics but a poor story thats poorly planned and boring. So far, the only part ive enjoyed was the backstories and kay. Logic is interesting and little thief is cool but other then that, it's a drag of a game that was clearly rushed. :sahwit:
Apollo justice however, was a solid game with good story and characters. It had a good villain. (Kristoph was an absolute delight to go up againest.) If i had to fix one aspect of the game, it would probably be the prosecutor. Klavier was fun, but i found him to be slightly underdeveloped.
I made this too long didn't i. :basil:

Minecraft Pe , one of my worlds keeps crashing

Gettin' Old!

TenmyoujiGramarye wrote:
the last game i played was investigations 1. The last game i FINISHED was apollo justice.
I found investigations to be weaker then the other games in the series. It has interested mechanics but a poor story thats poorly planned and boring. So far, the only part ive enjoyed was the backstories and kay. Logic is interesting and little thief is cool but other then that, it's a drag of a game that was clearly rushed. :sahwit:
Apollo justice however, was a solid game with good story and characters. It had a good villain. (Kristoph was an absolute delight to go up againest.) If i had to fix one aspect of the game, it would probably be the prosecutor. Klavier was fun, but i found him to be slightly underdeveloped.
I made this too long didn't i. :basil:

Trouble with Investigations I found was that it was too easy...you'd basically solved the murder by the time the confrontations happen so there was no challenge to their arguments.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 243 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246 ... 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station