Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 260 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263 ... 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

I've felt worse.

Southern Corn wrote:
I...I finished ZTD. What a game. I think I have a headache from all that

This should clear up any confusion. (spoilers)
(Disclaimer: This will not clear up any confusion.)

On a serious note, any opinions on Zero?
CatMuto wrote:
Super Mario Galaxy 2. I know several of the stars, cause I watched PBG beat the game, but I'm gonna complete it. You know, using the Stoneroll power up is kinda difficult; you can't turn corners that well... unless I am doing it wrong.

C-A

That sounds about right. The stone power up is used only for a quick burst of speed, or breaking any large breakable objects... I think. I haven't touched that game in years.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Happy Maria

sumguy28 wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
I...I finished ZTD. What a game. I think I have a headache from all that

This should clear up any confusion. (spoilers)
(Disclaimer: This will not clear up any confusion.)

On a serious note, any opinions on Zero?

I understand everything now

Spoiler: Zero
Eeehh....Zero in this game was kinda meh. I was expecting it to be Brother, but COME ON! Blah blah blah I'm actually Q blah blah blah I'm doing this to save the world blah blah blah my motives are complex

It's just so old and done to death by this point!

Also, I feel that the twist that he was there all along is kinda stupid. VLR's reveal actually made sense in hindsight, but this didn't. 'Oh there was a 10th person the whole time but we didn't directly mention him except for one time lol'

Ugh

sumguy28 wrote:
That sounds about right. The stone power up is used only for a quick burst of speed, or breaking any large breakable objects... I think. I haven't touched that game in years.

There is a star in the game where you need to defeat a small planet full of crabs with the power-up within a certain amount of time... that'll be fun.

C-A

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

I bought Senran Kagura Estival Versus (ps4) and have been playing tf out of it ever since. :edgey:
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Happy Maria

First case of DD again. Ugh, the anime cutscenes. I have to look away when they play because of how bad they are

Speaking of AA cutscenes, I wonder if the main series is going to stick with what DGS2 is doing replacing anime scenes with 3D ones. I wonder how that will work in the game itself now that I think about it.
Signature loading, please wait...

Persona 5 on PS4 at my friend Ethan's house. I'v only played to the first "dungeon" and I'v met Ryuji and Morgana. This is the dungeon where you have to fight King Kamoshida and his knights.

Happy Maria

Started the second case of DD, but I got a bit bored and started replaying Ghost Trick again.

ZoomBoom124 wrote:
Persona 5 on PS4 at my friend Ethan's house. I'v only played to the first "dungeon" and I'v met Ryuji and Morgana. This is the dungeon where you have to fight King Kamoshida and his knights.

You know, I initially thought Kamoshida was naked. But only because the bars were conveniently placed over his crotch.

C-A

Yabba Dabba Doo

Been playing ARMS on and off last few days. It's definitely fun, but the weird control choices bring it down a bit. It feels like the game is trying to get you to do motion controls, which seems rather Nintendo-esque.

Courtroom Révolutionnaire

I've been playing all the PW games again, I'm on Trials & Tribulations right now
I also restarted my Animal Crossing New Leaf town

I've felt worse.

I've spoken about Metal Gear Solid 2's story before, yet I hadn't had the chance to actually play it for myself until recently. So I've done that. And I only had 23 game overs.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls. I rate it Genocide Jack/10

Fallout New Vegas

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Cesar Zero wrote:
Speaking of AA cutscenes, I wonder if the main series is going to stick with what DGS2 is doing replacing anime scenes with 3D ones. I wonder how that will work in the game itself now that I think about it.

They can go a long way with improving 3D presentation as well. The new DBFighterZ game raised some eyebrows over the slick 3D representation of anime, and while I love SoJ and DGS for their aesthetics they can definitely look for new ways to go about rendering, and I'll always think the more sprite-based it looks the better it feels. Both DGS2 and SoJ opted for more in-game cutscenes over their predecessors than to use outsourced anime sequences. I know a problem with those are also the amount of planning involved and how it sometimes ends up not aligning properly with the final iteration of the game script or vice versa and furthermore whoever makes the anime scenes usually have their own directors to carry out the instructed scenes, so there's always this feel of "not belonging to the game" when an anime cutscene plays IMO.

It doesn't evoke the same feeling of the Trilogy's cutscenes of full-sized moving images (think 1-1 opening). Those fit in perfectly with the in-game aesthetics and the overall tone of the game. The more they can get back to that, the better.

Sapph wrote:
I've been playing all the PW games again, I'm on Trials & Tribulations right now
I also restarted my Animal Crossing New Leaf town

New Leaf is my go-to summer game. I also started playing it a lot recently. I never got to see everything in that entry either. It's so good that I honestly wouldn't be too pissed if Switch doesn't get a new game. I also bought the DS version on Wii U again a couple of months ago and replaying Wild World is just nostalgia and I feel like I'm 12 years old again. It's incredible how such a simple game and technically limited in content can seemingly last forever. They're sooo good!
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

In Justice We Trust

Well, I finally finished Thabes Labyrinth in Fire Emblem: Echoes. I went ahead and posted a review on TV Tropes for those who are interested. I think it's safe to say from my having bothered with Thabes Labyrinth that I like Echoes. I prefer it over Fates and maybe even Awakening. My overall score: 4

Spoiler: How I score games
  1. This game is horrible. If you’re really curious about it, I suggest watching a Let’s Play of it, because I was unable to enjoy this game and do not advise getting it even if it’s free. Whatever redeeming features it might have are insufficient for me to consider it worth playing, let alone Let’s Playing. You couldn’t pay me to do an LP of this game.
  2. This game is tolerable at best. It might be worth playing through once just for the experience, but I doubt I’ll ever pick it up again. You can probably watch a Let’s Play of it without missing out on much, if anything.
  3. I like this game. I don’t consider it anything incredible, and it does have things that might make me hesitant to pick it up again, but I usually do every now and then. Most of the time, I can have fun playing it. I don’t think you’re missing out on anything incredible if you’ve never played it, but if you’re in the store, happen to see it on the shelf, and can afford it, give it a try; at the very least, I don’t think you’ll regret it.
  4. I love this game. That said, it’s not perfect; there are little things about it that bug me, but they’re just that: little things. Ultimately, whatever flaws this game might have are unlikely to detract much, if at all, from my ability to enjoy it. Unless you’re not into this kind of game, I wholeheartedly recommend getting it.
  5. This game is a masterpiece among masterpieces. I cannot think of anything that I didn’t like about this game. If the Christians or Muslims are right about the afterlife, being one of the masterminds behind this kind of game should be counted among your good deeds when you are being judged. This is the hypothetical perfect score that no game has ever received from me.

I also now proudly serve aboard the S.S. Alm × Celica.
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

Just finished SMT IV. Got the 'Law' Ending.

Spoiler: Right lets get spoilery
Phew...man I hope the other endings make you feel like garbage as you get them.

Just to be clear, I didn't 'set out' to get the law ending first. I don't like doing that with games, even when they try and set the routes so blindingly obviously (I mean early on in a dream sequence one of your buddies openly invites you to destroy the world with him, wonder who HE sides with?).

I just called each shot like I saw it and by the end of it I ended up murdering everyone in Tokyo. Second that the 'Law' side gets a whiff of you, the Angels make a plan to black hole all of Tokyo so the peaceful world of Mikado can be left perfect...and so it is, you get a nice endgame sequence where you see that the people of Mikado made a nice statue of you and lived in peace for all eternity...it's sweet.

Bittersweet I suppose as I think about all the nice people in Tokyo who suffered for it, I mean I liked Nozomi...I helped her become a fairy queen before she went off to find a safe place for the fairies to live...before I destroyed everything.

I wonder how I was meant to get the Neutral Ending. I didn't set out to be with Law, and I actually liked the "Chaos" friend Walter a lot more than Jonathan. However all the stupid chaos stuff was just insane to the point that I just wanted to slap him upside the head constantly towards the end but really got pressganged into fighting on a side where the only outcome is preeeettty bad. I wish the game had let me turn around at the end and fight everyone just so that things were left struggling on as they were rather than ruining everything for one half of the game's population.

Overall, I really liked the game in terms of gameplay. Sure defence isn't really a thing in this game, it's all about murdering them first but I had a lot of fun with the combat system. Talking to demons...eh they are a fickle bunch but it can be frustrating at times. At one point I developed a knack for it. I did feel I ran out of fusions at one point, just none of my fusions ever seemed to make better demons which was disappointing.

Will probably play again for another ending.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I got the Law ending first, too. I think midway I sort of began to purposefully go for it - I sort of knew how Law was gonna end. The ending for it was okay, I just felt like it could have really gone a bit more... the emotional route? Dunno, may be me. It felt like a very blasé ending. Fun fact, I NEVER got the Chaos route before I deleted the game off my system. (I like the game okay, I just feel it's a little... eh, it could do more?)

Spoiler: SMT IV: Law Ending
I was hoping for a bit more... dread or a sense of willing sacrifice from Flynn's side just before the reactor is used. Instead, all I got was Merkabah being all, "Dude, we gotta blow us up, too. Cause we're tainted." and that was pretty much it. Nothing emotional. Just... Push, Boom, End. Also, E... Erin? No. That was her voice actress' name. The girl from your group! (Isobella! ...right?) It was sad that she preferred suicide.

There is a guy in the taverns who gives you a hint on which route you are approaching. But he's pretty uncommon to find at times AND he disappears quite some time before the route split actually occurs. So, you could have been doing fine when you last saw him, but by the time the route splits, you aren't balanced anymore. Here are tips on how to get the Neutral Ending, if anyone wants them.

Spoiler: SMT IV: Getting The Neutral Ending TIPS
Whenever there is a choice given, always pick the 1st Option. One gives law, the next one gives chaos; so they balance each other out.

This does not count for battle-prompts against bosses like Minotaur; Medusa; etc.

When the group splits and you have to pick between joining Jonathan's side or Walter's, pick Jonathan.

NOTE! I wanted to make sure and left after the Infernal Tokyo's King battle to save. I picked the 1st Option when encountering the White after and ended up on Law route. I re-loaded, picked the 2nd Option for the White and got Neutral. So... just remember that, if you happen to do something similar.

I got myself Dragon Ball Xenoverse. I waffled quite a bit, but I ended up making a darkskinned-whitehaired Saiyan woman with the name of Cauli. You know... Cauliflower... that's a vegetable, right? Strike-based, though I know the game is basically telling you that you are an idiot if you pick Strike.

C-A

Happy Maria

Replayed 5-2. Mediocre case, but the final twist is so good.

Also replaying ZTD and Ghost Trick in the meantime.

Maybe I'll start up DR today too

Ultimate Detective

Elder Scrolls Online
Overwatch
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Bloodborne
Pokemon :ron:

In Justice We Trust

I'm playing as the Soviet Union in Hearts of Iron IV. Things have gone somewhat ahistorical. First, the Spanish Civil War ended in a Republican victory thanks in part to a Soviet volunteer force under the command of Marshal Tukhachevsky. Second, with some encouragement from their neighbors to the north, Iran and Afghanistan have become Communist states. The Great Purge went a little differently. Tukhachevsky had served loyally in Spain, so he was spared. Many others, despite being suspected by Stalin, were allowed to live. Unfortunately for the Union, it turns out that while Stalin was paranoid, he wasn't always wrong; General Vlasov and a few others gathered thousands of soldiers and attempted a coup in early 1939. They were defeated, however. Germany, meanwhile, has chosen not to pursue closer ties with the Soviet Union; no pact was signed between them. Shortly after the Soviet Civil War ended in June, someone finally said "no" to German territorial demands: Poland. As a result, Germany declared war. Unfortunately for Poland, they stand alone; the Allies have refused to intervene.

As of when I posted the above paragraph, it is June 19, 1939 in my playthrough.

Happy Maria

Danganronpa, Turnabout Reclaimed.

Socot wrote:

Huh, I don't remember any DR case with this name.

Ok, now for something less off topic, I've been playing Far cry 3 which I started because of the...reactions to some things about Far Cry 5 which made me curious about the series. It's good so far, I like the feeling of freedom when choosing how to do pretty much everything. I hate driving in first person though, I end up crashing everywhere even more than I already do in 3rd person games and when driving in real life.
Signature loading, please wait...

Went back to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and 4 Ultimate. I'm already 60 hours into both and just begun High Rank. I think I'm focusing on 3U moving forward as 4U was just something I had when I was out of town.

I wanna get to G rank this time and understand what the fuss is about.

Gettin' Old!

linkenski wrote:
Went back to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and 4 Ultimate. I'm already 60 hours into both and just begun High Rank. I think I'm focusing on 3U moving forward as 4U was just something I had when I was out of town.

I wanna get to G rank this time and understand what the fuss is about.

Nice! You excited for XX?

I really miss the swimming from MH3. Made using a lance actually fun and some really intense fights.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

It's not coming to the west ever, and I don't like Generations too much so not really. I'm excited for World though.

You can swim in World again but only for traversal. I also think MHTri is my favorite. I don't really need an excessive amount of monsters and I think Tri having Day/Night from the get-go made it more interesting. 4U is pretty dope as well, but Generations is too goofy and you can tell it's a spinoff.

Happy Maria

Cesar Zero wrote:
Socot wrote:

Huh, I don't remember any DR case with this name.

Ok, now for something less off topic, I've been playing Far cry 3 which I started because of the...reactions to some things about Far Cry 5 which made me curious about the series. It's good so far, I like the feeling of freedom when choosing how to do pretty much everything. I hate driving in first person though, I end up crashing everywhere even more than I already do in 3rd person games and when driving in real life.

knew someone would say that
Nah m9 that's Chapter 24 :)

Anyway, recently I've been playing this game called the Sexy Brutale. No sex involved though. It's kind of like Ghost Trick except you're alive. Interesting so far.

Gettin' Old!

linkenski wrote:
It's not coming to the west ever, and I don't like Generations too much so not really. I'm excited for World though.

You can swim in World again but only for traversal. I also think MHTri is my favorite. I don't really need an excessive amount of monsters and I think Tri having Day/Night from the get-go made it more interesting. 4U is pretty dope as well, but Generations is too goofy and you can tell it's a spinoff.

Eh all monster hunter games are goofy. "So Tasty" has been a silly thing forever.
I got faith that XX will come over here at some point.

World I'm not hugely excited about but it looks cool.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Things have gone even more ahistorical in my Hearts of Iron IV playthrough. Germany finally provoked the Allies by attacking the Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg. However, they proved unable to achieve the breakthrough they wanted; Luxembourg fell, but Belgium and the Netherlands held. Germany simply did not commit enough troops to the offensive. This is in part because Hitler probably saw Soviet troops amassing along the border and realized that the Union would be nearly invincible if he waited until 1941 to strike. Operation Barbarossa was launched in 1940... and was a disaster. The Red Army was under-equipped, but under-equipped is not the same as unprepared. Once April rolled around, the Soviets launched an offensive of their own and successfully pushed the Germans back. In the north, Latvia and Lithuania, both of which supported Poland against Germany and were conquered for their trouble, have been liberated by Soviet forces. Most of Poland has also been liberated and East Prussia has fallen to Soviet forces. There have even been a few pushes into Germany proper. In the south, Romania, who also made the mistake of supporting Poland, has been liberated. Soviet forces have begun fighting through Yugoslavia. The rugged terrain makes progress slow, though, and Italy has committed a large number of troops to the defense of Yugoslavia.

In the west, France held on for a long time; with Germany unable to break through the Low Countries, the fall of France ultimately depended on the Italians breaking through in the south. Paris eventually fell, and though France held firm for months even with the loss of their capital, additional defeats ultimately convinced them to surrender. Still, much of western Germany has fallen to Dutch, Belgian, and Danish forces. Hitler's plan to attack the Soviet Union early has backfired spectacularly, as he now can't commit enough troops to the western front without running the risk of the Soviets tearing through eastern Germany. Meanwhile, in India, a large communist uprising occurred. They hoped to receive help from the Soviet Union in ending British rule. However, the Union was busy fighting Germany and could not afford a war with the Allies, so the rebels stood alone and were defeated. Japan, still busy with China and the Allies, has wisely chosen not to support the German war effort against the Soviet Union for the time being. The large number of Soviet troops positioned along the Manchurian border may have something to do with that...

It's January 1, 1941 in my playthrough as of when I posted the above paragraphs.

Edit: February 10, 1941: Berlin has fallen to the Red Army. Hitler foolishly left the capital unguarded. Were it not for the presence of one Italian division, the city would have been completely undefended.

I've felt worse.

I finally got around to finishing Valkyria Chronicles. Pierre, you were right. That ending was stupid.
Spoiler:
I can accept Welkin not wanting to see Alicia nuke herself. I can tolerate Alicia's "I never asked for this" angst. What I don't understand is why the hell Alicia doesn't use her Valkyrur powers to stop the giant tank without nuking herself. Did she not notice the giant puncture she made in the tank's hull? Did she not notice her increased agility and bullet immunity? There's nothing stopping her from just climbing the tank and destroying the engines, no suicide required. But noooo, it's not a true victory unless you do it with teamwork and let a giant tank plow through the capital city, killing god knows how many civilians in the process.

And then there's that bit with Faldio at the end, acting like he's making some dramatic sacrifice so he can atone for what he did. What he did was deliver a non-lethal wound to a solider who just shrugs off bullets like mosquito bites so she can counter a one woman army. Sure, shooting a fellow soldier would normally be a serious crime, but in this case it's at best a dick move. Aside from that, there's no reason he had to sacrifice himself then and there. He doesn't have to drag Maximilian off the ledge, he could just drag him to the ledge and then just push him off. If there was a reason why he had to do what he did, the game didn't show it.

Also in the epilogue, Welkin and Alicia just left the baker cart unattended and unlocked. They probably shouldn't expect to find it where they kept it.
Game is still fun, though.

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

I bought Super Smash for my 3ds. I've been playing that and MHU4 with my boyfriend lately. :edgey:
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Been playing League of Legends like usual. Finally got M7 with Veigar. Also been playing Evil Within since I brought the digital bundle with the DLC i never beat I do play more Friday the 13th since me, and my bestfriend play it every day.

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

I've been playing Life Is Strange a lot recently, I'm so obsessed in this game - I've actually been looking for other games to play in the past few weeks but I didn't find anything so I'm stuck with that amazing game for a little while longer. c:

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Mary Faraday wrote:
I've been playing Life Is Strange a lot recently, I'm so obsessed in this game - I've actually been looking for other games to play in the past few weeks but I didn't find anything so I'm stuck with that amazing game for a little while longer. c:

May I ask how that game is 'amazing'? It's full of stupid teen-drama, it doesn't explain the main aspect of how the hell Max can time-travel suddenly and what caused it to happen and Chloe, the one you're trying to protect, keeps doing asinine shit that makes you think, "Wait! Clearly, she is a walking Darwin Award Winner-to-be. Why should I bother to keep her safe again?"

C-A

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

CatMuto wrote:
May I ask how that game is 'amazing'? It's full of stupid teen-drama, it doesn't explain the main aspect of how the hell Max can time-travel suddenly and what caused it to happen and Chloe, the one you're trying to protect, keeps doing asinine shit that makes you think, "Wait! Clearly, she is a walking Darwin Award Winner-to-be. Why should I bother to keep her safe again?"

C-A

It's just amazing. There's nothing more to say about that.

I really enjoyed the storyline, I really enjoyed the episodes, I really REALLY enjoyed every single bit about it and that's my opinion. Your opinion is different and I respect that, because we all have our own opinions. Sure it doesn't explain why Max can time-travel that suddenly but hey, whatever, I don't need much explaining in a game.

Although I'm really interested in how she got her powers and in what way, I mean they suddenly came when she saved Chloe - wow big surprise, Max can time-travel now because she saved her best friend who she hasn't seen in 5 years and apparently didn't even know it was her!

That's the only thing that keeps bothering me about the game, but I'll never stop loving that game, even with its little quirks and clueless things.

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Happy Maria

Currently DR2. In the middle of Chapter 1 Deadly Life

In Justice We Trust

September 2, 1941 in my Hearts of Iron IV playthrough: Italy, Germany, and Turkey (Turkey sided with Germany late in the war) have surrendered. While the Allies continue to fight Japan and its Chinese puppet states in East Asia, the Soviet Union shall rest, as Japan continued to refuse German and Italian requests for aid against the Soviet Union. A new order has been established in Europe. All Slavic states have been incorporated into the Soviet Union, as have East Prussia, Romania, Moldova, Latvia, and Lithuania. In addition, Communist governments friendly toward the Soviet Union have been installed in Libya, Ethiopia, Turkey, Albania, Italy, Austria, and Germany. Now the Union turns its attention to the two last territories that were once part of its predecessor state, the Russian Empire: Estonia and Finland.

Gettin' Old!

Just finished Final Fantasy 15 and yeah I feel its pretty good. Plenty of flaws but pretty good.

I really enjoyed its open world, quite possibly my favourite in a Final Fantasy Game. I loved how it felt like a hairs breadth away from the real world at parts. Theres a part where I'm driving down the road behind a truck and Prompto starts pleading to go and see the Chocobo stables just off the road and suddenly I'm blown away by memories of doing the same thing to my parents in similar situations from my own holidays.

There's a problem I have with Marvel films, I feel they are always trying to suppress the magic and weirdness of the comics. Make it more mainstream and 'normal'. The world of Final Fantasy 15 feels much like that but it doesn't suppress the weirdness and magic. It blends them together in a way that feels normal and natural without cutting out bits like I feel Marvel does.

I also really like the group dynamics. Its a small party but it means everyone feels useful and fulfils a role in the party. The tropes aren't anything hugely new but the "boy band" dynamic means they are being used in a new way for a Final Fantasy game and I liked the guys quite a bit. Lots of fond memories of the first half of the game. I especially liked the little 1to1 interactions you get after camping which were nice for developing the team. Its pretty subjective as I know that dynamic didn't work for some but I enjoyed it. The light playful tone contrasts with the utterly miserable ending.

The storytelling leaves a lot to be desired and has plenty of gaps (that are inexcusably filled in by DLC) and when the open world ends I found it abrupt, sudden and disappointing. I wasn't ready to part with the open world and didn't see the end of it coming so large parts of the end game feel rushed and confusing due to the gaps in storytelling.

I liked the final boss well enough, there's downsides to the last fight. I don't like it when games end in skill-less power up battles where you just beat the boss. Detracts from the game when nothing you've learned about combat matters in the end. Looks flash though.

Perhaps that's appropriate though as I don't feel I was skilled at this game at all. I swear I healed through 60% of the endgame battles. The battles are so chaotic and its so easy to take ridiculous damage. Healing is real easy as well but its not fun. At one point I was just so tired of getting people back on their feet I just let the enemies kill us. They would never win the actual battle physically but they won it mentally.

Hilarious moment where a boss declares: "A war of attrition then!" And tries to 1vs1 Noctis and I'm just like "Oh man...you do not know what you are getting into," as I straddle my 50+ full heal items in my inventory.

Still enjoyed it quite a bit. Now let's make some enemies by placing it in a ranking of FF off the top of my head.

Final Fantasies I like:
X>Dissidia (and Duodecim)>Tactics Advance>Tactics Advance 2>12>Crisis Core>6>7>15>8>9>1>3

Final Fantasies I don't like:
13-2>War of the lions>13

FF14 is also pretty great but due to being an MMO I think its too hard to place on a list like this.

Still FF15 was good, might go back for more sidequests since I wasn't done with the open world when it was snatched away from me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I can happily say that FF15 made it into my top 5 in the series. It was a pretty flawed game, but overall, I felt the good parts more than enough made up for the flaws the game had. I had fun with the game, which is something that is really nice to get to say about a new FF game again. 15 somewhat restored my faith in Square in being able to bring out a good, decent new FF and makes me feel a bit better about how the new FF7 will turn out. Granted, I'm still a bit skeptical, but I'm not feeling as adverse about it anymore.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

I've felt worse.

Quote:
I swear I healed through 60% of the endgame battles.

Is that not normal? Using all the potions I've hoarded like crazy is how I got through X's and XII's endgames.
Page 260 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263 ... 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station