Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 254 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257 ... 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

Well damn I'v been wonder trading all day and I just found out the Pokémon Global Link is closed until Sun and Moon meaning I can't get the ability capsule. I also suck at battleing too. Can anyone be super generous and trade me a Pokémon with a ability capsule attached? I'm playing ORAS and my friend code is attached in the sig. I need to change my Shiny Starmie named "Misty" ability from Illumate to Natural Cure.

Ace Gamer

The last game I played was the Ace Attorney 3DS Trilogy. I'm on the final trial of Bridge To The Turnabout, after Dahlia's excorcism.
Currently Playing: Case 5-5

Do you want to know where an instrument sample that was used in Ace Attorney music was sampled from? Check out my VGM Instrument Source Table!

@Pierre Here we go again

Spoiler: The Walking Dead, both seasons
The link you posted here gives legal definitions that I don't think that fully apply to Kenny's situation, tho. The legal definition of provocation (as you posted) in most countries work more or less like this: "conduct that would cause a reasonable person to lose self control". Let me give an example: let's say somebody put a lot of effort into writing a book (years and years of work). The book is almost finished, and I decide to set the book on fire. The person loses self-control and kills me. The legal definition of provocation would apply - this is a situation that could make a reasonable person lose self-control.

Now let's say I tell somebody, "baby, you are my sweet little banana". In the person's mind, this is a provocation, a terrible insult, which makes them have an anger outburst and kill me. You could say I technically instigated the situation, but the legal definition of provocation doesn't apply. This isn't something that would make a reasonable person lose self-control.

Now let's examine Kenny's situation. Jane told him the baby acidentally died, which is something that could easily happen at the place they were. Kenny doesn't even ask for specifics, and decides to kill her in the same minute. It is definitely debatable at best if this is a situation that would make a reasonable person lose control and murder somebody, especially given how the baby isn't his.

Note: Of course, I don't think Jane is right/guilt free, either. I think both Jane and Kenny are wrong, and that two wrongs don't make a right. Kenny's actions can't be justified using Jane's mistakes, and vice-versa.

Another thing is, all those definitions and laws work to protect people IRL, under normal circumstances. In real life, we seek to help someone who has problems with short-temper or anger, and give them psychological treatment. What do you do with someone who easily snaps/get into angry mode during a zombie apocalypse, though? You have two options, basically: you leave/kill them, or you accept to be around them, which will hinder your chances to survive.

How does Season 2 shows growth in Kenny? In Season 1, Kenny's character is heavily characterized by his lack of ability to be flexible with other people and compromise. He is also characterized by lack of rationality and his extreme loyalty towards people who are "his" (his family and some few close friends) and his aversion/aggression towards new people or anyone who disagrees with his ideas. In Season 2, we don't see these things changing - not even a little. As I said, we see him getting worse and worse in all of these aspects. In "A House Divided", he is introduced again as the short-tempered guy who won't fully accept your team. Of course, we are talking about a zombie apocalypse, we can't expect everyone to be calm and to be reasonable all the time, but Kenny goes to extremes and doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. Lee is a good example of character who was easily pissed off in some situations and could be aggressive, but knew how to deal with people if the situation asked for it. Even Lilly, who was bossy AF, was more flexible than Kenny: she will forgive Lee even if Lee treats Larry like crap.

Being loyal is not the only quality that counts in this situation. Knowing how to be diplomatic is also important, maybe even more, since you have to live with groups to survive most of the times. Kenny is capable of heroic acts/capable of saving people, sure, Season 2 shows that, but this is something we already knew by the end of S1. Season 2 doesn't show him getting better when it comes to dealing with groups tho, which was the major issue/flaw in his personality. This is the opposite of character development. And I'm focusing on Kenny's mistakes and flaws because we are especifically talking about him. Arvo is a POS, Bonnie and Mike suck, sure, but I'm analysing Kenny, especifically. And the difference between Kenny and a lot of characters, I think, is how Kenny is constantly and consistently repeating the same mistakes.

Lilly is a psycho because she stole the van? Let's not forget that by the time that happened, she had a mental breakdown after seeing her father's head being smashed with a saltlick. If Kenny's tragic story makes you more compassionate towards him, I think it would be fair to do the same with other characters.

EDIT: One more thing that didn't cross my mind before. Somebody told me on Reddit they like Kenny, but decided to kill him to put him out of his misery. He lost his entire family and girlfriend, and now would have to live with the burden of being a murderer. The person told me they didn't think Kenny wanted to be alive anymore, but was living just for the sake of living. I still don't know what to think of it, but I think it is an interesting perspective. If you let him live, what is Kenny's future? Join (and cause trouble) to another group? Alone and depressed for the rest of his life?

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Just got Shovel Knight on Steam since it was on sale. Nice to finally get to try this game out. I've been having a lot of fun so far. The game got a lot easier when I found out you just needed to hold down to do the pogo jump and not in conjunction with the attack button like I initially thought. Shame it took me like two levels to figure out, but dang, now that I know, it makes boss fights a lot easier. XD
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

I've felt worse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.
Uh, game? I know you're having fun mocking intrusive tutorials, but you're still making me sit through an intrusive tutorial.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

World of Final Fantasy.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
World of Final Fantasy.

Any good? It's not all about Cloud and Lightning is it?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I just beat Super Mario Bros. 3! This game was kinda hard especially the later worlds.

Last edited by ZoomBoom124 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Bookworm Adventures 1 & 2. Still as fun as ever,and I heavily recommend you play both :edgey:

Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:
World of Final Fantasy.

I'm like 11-12 hours in so far, and have yet to meet either of them. So far, it's been a whole lot more of the old school Final Fantasies. From what it seems, this game is a huge love letter to the series as a whole, not just a certain couple of games/characters. And yeah, I'm really enjoying it. The battling is pretty basic for a while, but the characters and writing are really good.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:
World of Final Fantasy.

I'm like 11-12 hours in so far, and have yet to meet either of them. So far, it's been a whole lot more of the old school Final Fantasies. From what it seems, this game is a huge love letter to the series as a whole, not just a certain couple of games/characters. And yeah, I'm really enjoying it. The battling is pretty basic for a while, but the characters and writing are really good.

Good, those two featured so much in marketing it really annoyed me and was putting me off the game.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I didn't know the first thing about it, just got it on a whim after I saw a screenshot with Rydia. XD
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Pierre wrote:
Good, those two featured so much in marketing it really annoyed me and was putting me off the game.

Yeah, can't they advertise with characters, like, Zack instead of Cloud? He's so much more pleasant... though I wonder if Sephiroth is in the game. According to Square, can't have Cloud without Sephy.

I'm working on Sims 3 to populate a world and then begin an LP: a 100 Baby Challenge.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Yeah, can't they advertise with characters, like, Zack instead of Cloud? He's so much more pleasant... though I wonder if Sephiroth is in the game. According to Square, can't have Cloud without Sephy.

I'm working on Sims 3 to populate a world and then begin an LP: a 100 Baby Challenge.

C-A

He is, think he's the Day 1 DLC character.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

CatMuto wrote:

That's a really strange name :udgey:

What's it about? Fill me in,I'm intrigued now.

Yeah, Sephiroth is DLC.

I'm glad I never saw any advertisements on this game myself. If I had thought it'd have been nothing but Cloud and Lightning, I probably would have avoided this game as well. I get that Square sees them as their most popular characters, but they have such a huge plethora of characters from their games, it gets really tiring seeing them only using the same few time and time again.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Southern Corn wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

That's a really strange name :udgey:

What's it about? Fill me in,I'm intrigued now.

A 100 Baby Challenge in Sims basically means you give yourself the self-imposed challenge of having a total of 100 babies. Whether you mean that A) only one woman will try to have up to 100 babies, B) a woman has babies until she becomes an elder, then her youngest daughter takes up the next mother role and has babies, etc - all depends on you.

There are 'official' rules, though it still is player dependent on whether they want to loosen a rule, add another one themselves or whatever.

Quote:
I get that Square sees them as their most popular characters, but they have such a huge plethora of characters from their games, it gets really tiring seeing them only using the same few time and time again.

True. It is sad that a lot of characters, who were super popular in their own games, are basically ignored. I mean, Terra may be neat to see in the spotlight a bit more - or Celes, who is your main/first character during the second part of FF VI. I'd also love for FF V to get some more love. It's kind of overlooked.

C-A

I agree, Terra and Celes need a lot more love.

And what you said about FFV, I think that's one of the reasons why I'm enjoying WoFF so far. While the Warrior of Light is to be expected in something that's a tribute to the series, I was honestly shocked to see Refia, a character solely from a remake no less, and Faris WITH Syldra play a decent sized part in the story. Heck, Refia has her own chapter or so dedicated solely to her, with FFV getting it's own shipyard dungeon and Faris getting a decent sized part as well.

It's stuff like that that makes me happy and while I doubt all the characters from the games will be in this game, getting to see all these call backs and what not really makes me happy to see that Square at least has some amount of love for their series outside of 7 and 13.

To me right now, the real fun part is figuring out which character you're going to meet next based on the area you're in or the description you hear, and picking out what Final Fantasy song is playing when you get to hear the occasional remixed tune. I will say though, the new song pieces in the game have been a joy to hear so far. This game quickly became enjoyable for me in terms of music.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

I really have no idea why Cloud and Lightning are so popular, but I really like both characters. A lot. One of the reasons to me, particularly, is that with some few exceptions, I dislike excessive lightheartedness and goofiness in RPGs. Games in general. Goofy, naive, extremely positive characters tend to be popular, but I rarely like them. Personalities who are serious about their goals, hardass-y and who have to work/develop to get into contact with their emotions attract me a lot more, and actually ignite my interest.

This is not to say I don't like characters who are humorous, witty etc. I quite like Locke, for example. But I could never be really interested in characters like Tidus, Rikku, Vanille etc. So freakin' annoying. I don't hate them, but the lack of intensity just annoys me.

I agree with the central point that Square should stop overusing these two characters for propaganda/marketing, tho.

Well, Vanille's overly cheerful attitude is mostly a facade; she does become better, but I think it takes her until practically the final boss battle to really advance to her stand point of not running away from responsibility. Which, I admit, is something I don't like: I enjoy character development, but not if it takes until practically the end of the game for it to occur. I want to see a change and how they act differently now for more than, say, 15 minutes. (Or, in Milla Maxwell's case, a one-minute long cutscene)

C-A

In Justice We Trust

Caliph Dariush died from stress-related illness in my Crusader Kings II playthrough. His reign scared the living daylights out of Christian Europe, having launched a successful campaign to seize Tunis and Kabylia from Portugal and Hispania, respectively. Almost all of the known world formed a Defensive Pact in response; it will likely be a decade or two before the Caliphate can start another war without uniting almost all of the known world against it. During Ghoncheh's reign, I looked into tracking down some known descendants of Muhammad. The effort paid off; after several dead ends, I discovered that Satrap Jahangir "the Monster" of Tripoli, one of Ghoncheh's vassals, was descended from the Prophet. As one of the ancestors through which he is connected to Muhammad is a woman, though, his line doesn't have the Sayyid trait. Still, I was able to marry Yekta, one of his granddaughters, to Behrad, one of Ghoncheh's sons. Caliph Dariush then married Yekta Behraddokht (Behrad's daughter through Yekta), who also happens to be his cousin. As he did not take any additional wives, all of Dariush's children are descended from Muhammad.

The Gregorian year is 1330 (730 in the Hijri Calendar). I am now on my twenty-second character, Zia Dariushzade. He is Dariush's son and is unfortunately suffering from the Pox, so I would not be surprised if his reign turned out to be a short one. Thankfully, his eldest son, Peroz Ziazade, has almost come of age.
I'll always love you, Max.

I'm on Team Fortress 2. I'm playing as a Red Sniper right now, but when I play as Blue I'm the Spy. I'm playing training mode. I don't really like Online because I'm not very good at battleing. I like the community behind this game, mostly the people who make SFM or Gmod animations of it. My favorite one is Blue Team's Day Off. I also can't tell you how many times I've watched the Meet the "Blank" videos and my favorite one of those is "Meet the Medic"

Now as a TF2 fan I can't tell what my opinion of Overwatch is, because I've never seen a minute of gameplay of it. I'm only mentioning that because TF2 fans and Overwatch fans tend to hate each other.

Edit: Most of this happens hate between games happens in the YouTube Comment section. It seems like you can never make those people happy. I was joking about it because of how butthurt some fanboys are.

Last edited by ZoomBoom124 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Do they? I ain't heard of this rivalry.

In fact I was interested in overwatch because it seemed something of a spiritual successor to TF2.

I could see why people would be upset but I guess I've just not seen that anger yet.

Edit:

Just finished episode 3 of Telltale's Batman

Man this one was super dissatisfying, seems whatever choices I'd made it always ended up bad for me. Normally with a Telltale game you get some recognisable payoff in your choices but everything just ended up awful each which way I went.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

It is Khordad 23, 723 (June 13, 1344) in my playthrough of Crusader Kings II. I've got a little more than a century left before I convert my file to a ".eu4" file and continue in Europa Universalis IV. For 500 years, the Yohannanid state has been independent. A few years ago, Pope Silvester VI declared a crusade for Palestine. His call to arms largely fell on deaf ears, though; while all of the holy orders joined the crusade, most Christian rulers chose not to participate, offering only token assistance by allowing the crusaders to march through their lands. In short, despite a few Christian victories in battle, the crusade was a failure. After fending off most of the invading armies, Caliph Zia gathered a large fleet and sent an army of his own to Rome under the command of Chaghagan, a lowborn Mongol who is now the Caliph's best commander. With the campaign in the Levant a failure and Rome itself under siege, Pope Silvester VI agreed to peace on Mehr 9, 720 (October 1, 1341). He died of natural causes mere months after calling off the crusade (his broken spirit may have played a part in his death). Sir Lambert von Tirol, one of the Knights of Santiago, began to question his faith in light of the defeat, ultimately accepting an invitation to Caliph Zia's court. He has since converted to Islam and is one of the Caliph's commanders. Despite no holdings falling to the crusaders, tens of thousands on both sides died in the war. Though Zia has set his sights on Sicily, he plans on rebuilding his battered retinue, replenishing the treasury, and giving his realm time to recover before embarking on his campaign. Christian Europe remains wary of the Caliphate; any aggression is likely to attract far more attention than the crusade did.

Edit: Zia died from the Pox on Tir 7, 724 (June 28, 1345); though his physician's work likely extended his life by at least a decade, one of the experimental treatments backfired, poisoning Zia. His son, Peroz Ziazade, my twenty-third character, is now Caliph.

Even though I have no interest in playing the game, I enjoy these stories

Pokémon Moon, think I'm about 12 hours in and just beat the first island

Probably two-thirds of that time was spend leveling my Festival Plaza and playing dress-up with my trainer

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Probably two-thirds of that time was spend leveling my Festival Plaza and playing dress-up with my trainer

I dunno what Festival Plaza is, but that last part sounds fun! :will: How many hairtypes and haircolors are available? (And are they all available from the get-go or do you unlock some?)

C-A

Festival Plaza is basically Join Avenue 2.0

You can have around six different shops and you get a chance to add a new one at random every time you level the Plaza up

You mainly level the plaza by doing missions, which involve talking to people in the Plaza who are speaking a certain language, like a certain type of Pokemon, etc. (though Type Matchup is by far the best, talk to someone, they tell you a Pokemon's types, and you tell them what's super effective against it)

Missions give you Festival Coins which you can spend on the shops or (once you get your Plaza a high enough level) lets you buy clothes your visitors are wearing (though the clothing they offer is only one piece and it's random), which is why I spent so much time on FP, I was hoping to get some cute clothing from randos

IIRC there's six or seven hairstyles and colors in the first salon, different salons apparently have different styles and colors available

Another neat thing is you can take white clothing from the shops and dye them different colors in the dye shops in your Plaza

Sounds cool! 'cept the Join Avenue thing... was that the mall strip from BW2?

I got a call from Gamestop, I can pick up my Pokémon Moon today, so I'll be playing that soon.
My sense of time is messed up, I thought the 23rd wouldn't be until Thursday and Moon would not be available until tomorrow.

C-A

Yes

You can completely ignore the Plaza if you want but it does have the benefits I mentioned (dye shops, chance of getting clothes earlier than normal)

Sleeping is my life.

PC: Overwatch

3DS: Pokémon Moon and Animal Crossing New Leaf

..... Yeah.

Finished Pokemon Moon. Well beat the Elite 4, and became champion. Now just gotta go catch some legendaries

I think I found the most obscure Final Fantasy character in World of Final Fantasy thus far. Shelke, I believe her name is, from Dirge of Cerberus.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
I think I found the most obscure Final Fantasy character in World of Final Fantasy thus far. Shelke, I believe her name is, from Dirge of Cerberus.

Haha wow they put her in? Next you'll tell me they have Deepground troops as enemies.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

I am now on my twenty-fourth character in my Crusader Kings II playthrough: Calipha Ghazal Perozdokht. Her father, Caliph Peroz, conquered Sicily during his reign. Diligent to a fault, the stress of running his caliphate, carrying out a military campaign, and raising his children took a toll on his health. A few months after being injured during a duel with his hated rival, Peroz died at sea as he and his forces sailed back home from Menorca.

Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Haha wow they put her in? Next you'll tell me they have Deepground troops as enemies.

Yeah, I had to look her up because I had no idea who she was.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

I've felt worse.

Yes, me, it was totally a good idea to play Grand Theft Auto V while your parents are within hearing range of the TV.
I mean I know it's rated M, but that doesn't mean they need to have at leaat one fuck, sht, bitch, ass, or ****** every two sentences.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
Yes, me, it was totally a good idea to play Grand Theft Auto V while your parents are within hearing range of the TV.
I mean I know it's rated M, but that doesn't mean they need to have at leaat one fuck, sht, bitch, ass, or ****** every two sentences.

Why play GTA, anyway? It's kinda... well, dumb.

C-A

Happy Maria

CatMuto wrote:

You just described why people play GTA :p

I've felt worse.

Southern Corn wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Exactly.

Yabba Dabba Doo

sumguy28 wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Exactly.

I've beaten the entire main story in GTA plus most of the side missions, and honestly I still have spent most of my time with it doing the most random shit possible and in general acting like an idiot. It's a great way to relieve stress tbh.

As for right now, I'm just loading up on Watch_Dogs 2, or if I'm in a football mood Madden 17. But mostly WD2.
Page 254 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257 ... 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station