Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 1[ 17 posts ]

The [New] Looney Tunes ShowTopic%20Title

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Say what you will but WB's latest attempt to reboot the Looney Tunes is fairly decent and, dare I say, above average.

Spoiler: Synopsis
It's basically a sitcom with the Looney Tunes characters. Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck are roommates. The Tasmanian Devil is their pet dog. Speedy Gonzales also lives in their house and owns a Mexican Chuck-E-Cheese-like Pizza restaurant. Yosemite Sam, Granny(along with Tweety and Sylvester), and that Witch lady plus her 'son' Gossamer are their neighbors. Porky Pig, Petey the Puma, and Marvin the Martian are Daffy's high school friends. Lola Bunny is Bugs's crazy stalker girlfriend. There's also a girlfriend for Daffy too named Tina Duck, who's actually pretty level-headed. Foghorn Leghorn is an actor/entrepeneur/some famous person. Elmer Fudd, Pepe Le Pew, those two Gophers, and other characters are in a variety of jobs depending on what the episode asks for. Roadrunner and Coyote bits are shown at the end of each episode and go exactly as you'd expect they would, except in CG. Most episodes also have a song that plays in the middle, actual Merrie Melodies one might say.

Now before you dismiss this as some retarded AU fanfiction-type thing, believe me. It's not that. The show has plenty of callbacks to old Looney Tunes shorts. At first, most of the gags aren't physical like in the old shorts, though in more recent episodes that's changed a little. The show is also rated TV-PG (the same as Adventure Time and The Simpsons) so they can get away with a lot more kinds of jokes than a normal kids show would. Check it out. While the first episodes are really really mediocre, I promise you that at the very least it gets more watchable as time goes on.

Here, why not check out the Merrie Melodies so far for yourself? They don't really reflect the show itself, but they give a good feel for the art style it's in and some of them are pretty funny (if not disturbing).

Spoiler: Merrie Melodies

Also, I'm going to get what's probably on your mind out in the open right now. Lola's new personality is more 3-Dimensional and much like an actual "Looney Toon" instead of a fanservicey token-girl. It's up to you to decide which is actually the better character but whatever you think, you have got to admit that 'crazy-stalker' is funnier than 'generic female Bugs Bunny counterpart'.

So yeah. New episodes are every Tuesday on Cartoon Network at 8/7 PM.
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!
Re: The [New] Looney Tunes ShowTopic%20Title

My childhood right here

Yep. I like the show. Lola's definately been improved (Space Jam. What the hell.) She's crazy as hell, but that's her appeal.
I can't watch the bowling episode. I sit down and try to watch it, but I honestly just can't.

The Real Human Being

MFW I first heard of this show.

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

Steel Turnabout wrote:
Yep. I like the show. Lola's definately been improved (Space Jam. What the hell.) She's crazy as hell, but that's her appeal.

I do not like the new Lola. She's too derpy. I liked her in Space Jam. She was like a sexy Bugs. :javado:
Visit my site! It's running smoothly. Just needs content!

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Wait wait wait wait.... SIMPSONS is rated PG?

The Simpsons?...

PG?

Excuse me while I go have a brain hemorrhage while I try to figure out what exactly our TV censors actually do.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

There was no new episode tonight. :(

Steel Turnabout wrote:
I can't watch the bowling episode. I sit down and try to watch it, but I honestly just can't.

Yeah, its only good moments were the name-joke and song about Tweety.

AABattery wrote:
She was like a sexy Bugs. :javado: [/b][/color]

That...should not be a good thing...in my opinion... Especially since her only other prominent role in all Looney Tunes media was a freakin' BABY.

Besides, Lola shouldn't be your main deciding point on whether or not to watch the show anyway. She's not in every episode (3 out of 13 so far). Yet people have made so much of a big deal about her, that it's really quite astounding. I probably can't convince you or change your preferences, but a character introduced in what was nothing but a movie-long advertisement should not decide whether or not you watch this show.

Wooster wrote:
Wait wait wait wait.... SIMPSONS is rated PG?

The Simpsons?...

PG?

Excuse me while I go have a brain hemorrhage while I try to figure out what exactly our TV censors actually do.

Most episodes of the Simpsons are TV-PG. You're probably thinking about a few that shouldn't be, right? If I'm guessing correctly, the ones you're thinking of are probably TV-14. But that's all offtopic.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

AABattery wrote:
That...should not be a good thing...in my opinion... Especially since her only other prominent role in all Looney Tunes media was a freakin' BABY.

You should read the Looney Tunes comics. Lola actually works well in the Looney Tunes-verse. When I read them, her skit was that she was always trying out a new job. (Like Selvester's is always to catch Tweety, Foghorn Leghorn to abuse the local dog etc)
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Wooster wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:

You should read the Looney Tunes comics. Lola actually works well in the Looney Tunes-verse. When I read them, her skit was that she was always trying out a new job. (Like Sylvester's is always to catch Tweety, Foghorn Leghorn to abuse the local dog etc)

Hmm. That's more interesting I guess, nobody really fills that role in this universe...

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

Lola doesn't really affect my opinion on the show. I haven't even seen the episodes she was in, just the commercials. Every time the show comes on, it always ends up being the first episode, the episode where Daffy was Foghorn Leghorn in a movie, and the bowling episode.
Visit my site! It's running smoothly. Just needs content!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

AABattery wrote:
Lola doesn't really affect my opinion on the show. I haven't even seen the episodes she was in, just the commercials. Every time the show comes on, it always ends up being the first episode, the episode where Daffy was Foghorn Leghorn in a movie, and the bowling episode.

That's weird. Besides the bowling episode, I haven't seen those other two on at all except for when they were new...

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

Oh man. People have been throwing hissy fits about it, especially on Youtube. People who like it are getting jumped by LT purists, and people who hate it are getting jumped by the fantards the show allready has. I've only seen one episode so I can't really say much about it yet (original LT will alwys be my favorite thouhgh).

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I dunno, the original shorts always seemed a bit overrated to me. They were mostly made to be shown in movie theaters, sometimes before the actual movie. Cartoon Network currently shows an hour of all the old shorts everyday and it just doesn't feel right for the television.

I dunno, to me the classic shorts are only funny sometimes. Only the really famous ones are actually worth watching. Some of the lower-profile ones aren't famous for a reason. I guess there's also a nostalgia value to it but that really doesn't mean anything to me. Don't get me wrong, the old shorts are good sometimes. They get in a few slapstick bits, familiar characters, and short jokes in. And yet the new show has all that stuff too so I don't see what the big deal is.

Former anti-shipper

I hate...no, I LOATHE Cartoon Network's recent development.

They only have three good shows now-a-days.

This is one of them.

I don't like how they gave Daffy a love interest (who's actually a main character at that) nor do I like how they kinda hurt the tradition of Bugs always coming out on top, but aside from that, they did a good job incorporating many of the characters into a suburbian neighborhood, and made the funny moments quite hilarious. I'd say the show gets a 4.5/5 from me.
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for the amazing signature.

I am SomariFeyWright, the freaky and happy shipper-hating son of ToonBlade and Franzika Von ehmpke5, and brother of bethanyann96, Game Over, and >Mario.<

My childhood right here

Daffy and Lola get licenses through lies, cheats and theft.
Good episode, Warner. Good episode.

FINE

I watched one episode, Daffy and Bugs were trying to impress Starlett Johanson

I was disappointed because they didn't make the "I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque! " joke

And what really bugs is the huge kawaii-chibi heads and small bodies they gave them, it's kinda annoying.
My mom came and asked if they were kids or babies.

My childhood right here

Auraion wrote:
I watched one episode, Daffy and Bugs were trying to impress Starlett Johanson

I was disappointed because they didn't make the "I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque! " joke

And what really bugs is the huge kawaii-chibi heads and small bodies they gave them, it's kinda annoying.
My mom came and asked if they were kids or babies.

Their bodies aren't normally proportioned?

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Steel Turnabout wrote:
Daffy and Lola get licenses through lies, cheats and theft.
Good episode, Warner. Good episode.

Yup. It was very relatable too, I know exactly what it's like taking that written test...
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios