Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 1[ 29 posts ]

The Dark Knight RisesTopic%20Title

Idol of Polar Bears

Excellent movie, could have been much better though. I'd rank it above Batman Begins but below The Dark Knight. Too much forced story telling, a much less compelling central villain, an overly long running time and a distinct lack of actual Batman damn it to just-shy-of-nirvana status. It makes up for these weaknesses with excellent acting, a grim and somber tone that works, and an awesome cameo-twist combo that comes near the end of the movie (anyone who watched the first movie will recognize the cameo). It may not be movie of the summer but it's a damn good one.
Re: The Dark Knight RisesTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

S'okay

Don't believe the hype unless you are a crazy Batman fan like the kind who worships "the Dark Knight"

Best thing was Michael Caine's serious acting bits and a certain amazing cameo from the first film.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Real Human Being

I heard this movie was so good people died.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Dark Knight was infinitely better, but Bane was a great villain. They even added the whole Break the Bat bit. Though I hated his demotion to mere henchman at the end of the movie.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
Dark Knight was infinitely better, but Bane was a great villain. They even added the whole Break the Bat bit. Though I hated his demotion to mere henchman at the end of the movie.

Yeah I felt Bane was amazing and then y'know...anticlimatic finish to him.

Though I'm pretty sure you can't just punch a vertebrae back in and leave him a couple months and it'll fix itself. Didn't the original comic sequence retire that batman after the break the bat deal?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Real Human Being

Pierre wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:

Though I'm pretty sure you can't just punch a vertebrae back in and leave him a couple months and it'll fix itself. Didn't the original comic sequence retire that batman after the break the bat deal?

Did you know I'm a Batman expert?

What actually happened is that Batman and Robin had been trying to rehabilitate this Assassin to not be a threat, (Azreal)
Batman has his back broken by Bane, and Azreal decides to become the new Batman.

I don't want to spoil it, look up Knightfall

Gettin' Old!

DoMaya wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:

Did you know I'm a Batman expert?

What actually happened is that Batman and Robin had been trying to rehabilitate this Assassin to not be a threat, (Azreal)
Batman has his back broken by Bane, and Azreal decides to become the new Batman.

I don't want to spoil it, look up Knightfall

Yeah that's what I thought having seen Knightfall in like every forbidden planet shop the last couple months in the build up to this film. Didn't think it's something you can just come back from like he does in the film.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Real Human Being

Pierre wrote:

Yeah that's what I thought having seen Knightfall in like every forbidden planet shop the last couple months in the build up to this film. Didn't think it's something you can just come back from like he does in the film.

He's the Goddamn Batman, he does whatever he wants.

Also he has plot armor

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

DoMaya wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Also he has plot armor

From miraculously flying from around the world back to Gotham in a few cuts, to surviving a 6 mile radius explosion. He's fucking Batman!
Also, didn't the timer on the bomb have like a few minutes left on the clock? How the hell did he clear 6 miles from Gotham in the time-span of 1-3 minutes? He's Batman I guess.

WHERE'S THE TRIGGERMAN?!
WHERE'S BANE?!
WHERE'S THE JOKER?!
WHERE'S HARVEY DENT?!

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
DoMaya wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Also he has plot armor

From miraculously flying from around the world back to Gotham in a few cuts, to surviving a 6 mile radius explosion. He's fucking Batman!
Also, didn't the timer on the bomb have like a few minutes left on the clock? How the hell did he clear 6 miles from Gotham in the time-span of 1-3 minutes? He's Batman I guess.

WHERE'S THE TRIGGERMAN?!
WHERE'S BANE?!
WHERE'S THE JOKER?!
WHERE'S HARVEY DENT?!

After watching the Collegehumour Batman videos I just couldn't take Batman seriously, his face just looks so derpy when in costume and it doesn't help when he goes "Ugggrrrhhhhhhh!" while fighting Bane like a caveman.

Though my pal made a good guess at how he survived the explosion though it makes him seem rather trolly for doing so. Also Battech is fast when at full speed I reckon he coulda made that. What I'm wondering about is why there is no nuclear fallout and devestating radiation frmo the blast.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
After watching the Collegehumour Batman videos I just couldn't take Batman seriously, his face just looks so derpy when in costume and it doesn't help when he goes "Ugggrrrhhhhhhh!" while fighting Bane like a caveman.

Though my pal made a good guess at how he survived the explosion though it makes him seem rather trolly for doing so. Also Battech is fast when at full speed I reckon he coulda made that. What I'm wondering about is why there is no nuclear fallout and devestating radiation frmo the blast.

The auto-pilot on the Batwing sure, but it just doesn't seem like it was going fast enough to reach 6 miles :yuusaku:

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

The auto-pilot on the Batwing sure, but it just doesn't seem like it was going fast enough to reach 6 miles :yuusaku:

If it was the auto-pilot Batman is a massive dick for letting Gordon and co think he was dead, especially poor Alfred.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

If it was the auto-pilot Batman is a massive dick for letting Gordon and co think he was dead, especially poor Alfred.

Well he let everyone close to him know that he was still alive. Newly installed Bat-signal and Alfred even nodded to him. All is well I suppose.

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
Well he let everyone close to him know that he was still alive. Newly installed Bat-signal and Alfred even nodded to him. All is well I suppose.

Sure eventually, though I'm still debating whether or not that was a hallucination at the end. Though yes I suppose they found out eventually ignoring the potential for Alfred's suicide.

Another issue I had with the film is Catwoman but that's personal preference, just don't like her character.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!

I rather enjoyed it, sure it wasn't as good as The Dark Knight, but what is?

And of course Batman wasn;t in the explosion; he's Batman, even when he has no backup plan, he has a backup plan.
Something I take issue with is people saying Batman was hardly in the film. He was, they just called him "John Blake" (though they should have named him after one of the actual Robins, rather than just having that be his first name.)

And I understood Bane's voice perfectly fine, but completely ruining his motivation at the last moment was cheap.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Hylian100 wrote:

And of course Batman wasn;t in the explosion; he's Batman, even when he has no backup plan, he has a backup plan.
Something I take issue with is people saying Batman was hardly in the film. He was, they just called him "John Blake" (though they should have named him after one of the actual Robins, rather than just having that be his first name.)

And I understood Bane's voice perfectly fine, but completely ruining his motivation at the last moment was cheap.

I thought John Blake was a stupid decision. If they named him after one of the Robins everyone would have been like "OOh shit! Robin's in the movie!"

Bane's demotion to henchman at the end was dumb too.

Gettin' Old!

Hylian100 wrote:

The Original Adam West Batman movie.

Here's what I'm wondering, Ra's Al Ghul has access to the lazarus pits...which ensure he is reborn or something. I'm wondering if the modern batman trilogy is really tapping into the mythology here and letting him come back to life or whether it was all a hallucination of Wayne's. Personally I'm hoping they'd embrace a bit of the weirdness and let him be immortal, cause he's Liam Neeson.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Way I figure it, if Batman can get out of the Bat without anyone noticing before it blows up, his mentor could do that with a crashing train. I was hoping for that to be the case, but nope, just a fever dream of Bruce Wayne.

Regarding the Bat, and the old Adam West Batman, that ending screamed of "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Gettin' Old!

Hylian100 wrote:
Regarding the Bat, and the old Adam West Batman, that ending screamed of "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

This....this is so true..... :larry:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Good to see they got Cillian Murphy in again, even if it was basically a cameo. My favourite parts of the film were his two "court" scenes.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I can't decide if I liked this more than The Dark Knight. I mean, just the scale of this movie is much bigger. The whole city is in prolonged terror for what appears to be MONTHS. What did the Joker do? Just ruffled up some feathers? I think Bane is a much more effective villain but I agree that what happened to him at the end seemed totally cheap...

I wish they had referenced The Dark Knight as much as they had Batman Begins. So sad what happened to Heath Ledger otherwise he could have had his own awesome cameo. :(
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Gettin' Old!

Yaragorm wrote:
I can't decide if I liked this more than The Dark Knight. I mean, just the scale of this movie is much bigger. The whole city is in prolonged terror for what appears to be MONTHS. What did the Joker do? Just ruffled up some feathers? I think Bane is a much more effective villain but I agree that what happened to him at the end seemed totally cheap...

I wish they had referenced The Dark Knight as much as they had Batman Begins. So sad what happened to Heath Ledger otherwise he could have had his own awesome cameo. :(

Yeah I imagine he would've had one otherwise.

Still what do you think will be done with Robin in future, my mate prays it won't be Robin but rather Nightwing who returns but could he carry a movie alone?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Seems to me more like he's on the path to becoming Batman. It would make sense thematically with the whole "Batman is more than a man, he's a symbol" of the trilogy.
So, wonder what the reboot will be like, think it'll live up to Nolan's films or not?

Gettin' Old!

Hylian100 wrote:
Seems to me more like he's on the path to becoming Batman. It would make sense thematically with the whole "Batman is more than a man, he's a symbol" of the trilogy.
So, wonder what the reboot will be like, think it'll live up to Nolan's films or not?

Well I in my colourfully childish mind already prefer a number of the Burton-era films to Nolan's dark trilogy so eh.

The new Bat sign would certainly indicate a follow up would involve BATMAN as opposed to any variant on Robin but I dunno they could always bring Nolan back and do the whole Batman AND Robin thing.

Though seriously...."I can tell you're Batman because your face looks as angry and hurt as my own" as Robin's reasoning in that film....ugh... :edgeworth:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I imagine he didn't want to hurt Bruce's feelings by saying how obvious it was that he was Batman, what with them both disappearing from society at exactly the same time and all the other evidence.

Gettin' Old!

Hylian100 wrote:
I imagine he didn't want to hurt Bruce's feelings by saying how obvious it was that he was Batman, what with them both disappearing from society at exactly the same time and all the other evidence.

Yeah but then we get this situation where EVERYONE knows he's Batman and they are all snickering to themselves whenever a police officer goes "Yo Bruce" and he's all "I'm Batman" and they are like "Pfft...snk....sssnnnnk......suure....ok...BATMAN....my mistake"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Pierre wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:

Still what do you think will be done with Robin in future, my mate prays it won't be Robin but rather Nightwing who returns but could he carry a movie alone?

Yes, Nightwing would be a much better idea than Batman. I mean for one, his actual name is Robin so it probably wouldn't be a very good superhero identity...

Gettin' Old!

Yaragorm wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:

Yes, Nightwing would be a much better idea than Batman. I mean for one, his actual name is Robin so it probably wouldn't be a very good superhero identity...

You say that but then again everyone in DK RISES must've known who Batman was given time of disappearence and Wayne's coincidental disappearence.

Plus apparently anyone who has lost their parents and is angry at the world can look at Bruce and go "Yeah that's the Bat"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Pierre wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:
Pierre wrote:

You say that but then again everyone in DK RISES must've known who Batman was given time of disappearence and Wayne's coincidental disappearence.

Plus apparently anyone who has lost their parents and is angry at the world can look at Bruce and go "Yeah that's the Bat"

True. At least he didn't call himself "The Bruceman" though. That would have only made it more obvious...
Page 1 of 1 [ 29 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios