Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Re: Top 10 Favourite Animes?Topic%20Title

Ace Sidekick!

No particular order.

1) Angel Beats
2) Ef- A Tale of Memories
3) Tokyo Mew Mew
4) Princess Tutu
5) Detective Conan/Case Closed (Best! Shounen! Ever!)
6) Puella Magi Madoka Magica
7) Pokemon (Classics never die!)
8) Cardcaptor Sakura
9) Yu Gi Oh
10) Highschool of the Dead (Even though I perfer anime that isn't fanservice heavy.)

High level play

10:Berserk
9:Dragon Ball Z
8:Naruto
7:Clannad after story
6:Elfen Lied
5:Gintama
4:Bakemonogatari
3:Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
2:Sket Dance
1:Death Note

Focus points: Main characters are bad-ass, good story, humor and finally heavy action scenes (or bad-ass, make a pick). I could explain every one of these choices but I don't think there is a high demand for that.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

I can't remember 10 animes I watched and would still find entertaining now... Inu Yasha I did watch and like, but that dragged on too long and I gave up on it (also, Rumiko's pairings keep being the same pattern which I dislike) and didn't enjoy it enough to list it here...

#5: Sailor Moon

Absolutely nostalgic to me as it was the first Anime I conciously watched. It also has other good memories for me, as I watched it with my brother back then. However, it's low on the list because - despite how great it was - once I read the manga, I realized how inferior the Anime is.
Don't get me wrong, the anime is good on its own .... but the manga allows Usagi to actually mature. The Anime has a Reset Button hit every few seasons, so she never really shoulders as much responsibility as she does in the manga - which makes it hard for me to believe how Anime Usagi became the wise and calm ruler of Anime Crystal Tokyo in the 30th Century.

#4: One Piece

A good anime, entertaining for me, although I was never much of a shounen stuff fan. Thank god for the hot Ace. However, I stopped watching at some point when they were on a tropical island or killed that "God" guy with lightning... I forget. Plus, it's dragging on way too long now... (Main memory of this series: A deal with my mom. I get to watch a One Piece episode for every 3 pages of Krabat I read... I remember, one day there were surprisingly 2 episodes, so I sorta had to read the pages while also watching and then my mom wouldn't shut up her damn questions about the pages I read...)

#3: Dragon Ball/Z

Also a shounen series I watched. I watched it all the way through - my favorite is the Arc of Teenage Gohan - and found it entertaining... but some fights take too long...

#2: Skip Beat!

Granted, I didn't watch all episodes - I believe I couldn't find the episodes anymore after the one where Kyoko gets Maria to understand about her father - but I love the manga of this and the anime did a pretty good job at keeping the humor, mood swings and graphics well enough.

#1: Yu-Gi-Oh!

Hot guys. Oh and hot trading cards. Also darkskinned egyptians and mythology and ancient egypt... just stuff that interested me back then and still sort of does now.

C-A

1) Ouran Highschool Host Club - It's hilarious and I love animes about friendship!

2) Nodame Cantabile - This also is about friendsphip and love! The music is amazing!

3) Darker Than Black - It's soo cool. The story is really good; it's a great mystery with horror elements!

4) Hellsing
5) Sket Dance
6) Princess Resurrection
7) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
8) Hayate The Combat Butler
9) Chi's Sweet Home
10) Poyopoyo

These aren't totally in order and there's probably some great ones I've missed. I'll probably remember them just after I've posted. I also really like Shiki!

Foolish fool doing things foolishly

Well, why not, my list is something like:

10. Master Keaton

The first of two animes based on a Naoki Urasawa manga, Master Keaton is the story of a Taichi Keaton, a master survivalist, professor of archaeology, and insurance investigator. His adventures run the gamut of mystery, action, thriller, whimsical and comedic, and I also find it interesting because many of it's episodes are set in the UK, where I hail from. This is an excellent series with a broad international appeal many animes lack.

9. City Hunter

One of my favourite shonen animes, from a time where a man with a gun, unreal skills and a penchant for chasing tail took precedent over big fireballs and overwrought fight scenes. It's formulaic but, much like Lupin, the formula is foolproof, and frankly the series always threw a curveball just as you thought you saw all it had to offer. A great series.

8. 009-1

Based on a manga from 1969, this is a Bionic punk spy thriller with a gorgeous aesthetic, fitting music and some wonderful tales of espionage. It's not afraid to tackle different questions and this series does for spies what The Watchmen did for superheroes in my estimation.

7. Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-Hen

I am without a doubt, a huge fanboy of Go Nagai. If you haven't heard of him, you're missing out. He innovated almost all the popular tropes still largely in play today in anime. Mazinger Z was the first true traditional super mecha anime, and this modern reinvention of the original story is exactly the sort of thing that brought me to this dance. This is hot blood redefined.

6. Angel Heart

Relating to City Hunter as an alternate take on it's universe, this a more mature, more emotional work. Far less focus on comedy and more on drama, but it is very effective at what it does. Probably no other anime did more to bring tears to my eyes, It is a lovely and engaging show with an edge.

5. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

For some time I didn't think modern shonen works weren't epic enough. Boy did this come and tell me I was wrong, even if it's one of only a few exceptions. Epic battle scenes, an epic story, epic everything, I loved every minute of this show and it's epic finale was the perfect exclamation point. Fantastically paced, hits all the right notes and has more "HOLY-" moments in one episode than most series' have in their entirety.

4. Monster

The other Urasawa work, Monster is a long, unpleasant, tension fuelled mystery with a black heart and a seedy mind. However, there aren't many other animes I've seen with a more realistic picture of human social behaviour than this anime. It also delves deep into its characters psyches, often discovering terrifying things. This is not your average anime, that's for sure.

3. Kemonozume

What I said about Monster, times twenty. Kemonozume is my artistic choice. It is aesthetically as unique as anything you'll find, and tells the well trodden Romeo and Juliet story with deliriously nutty twists and a penchant for obscene violence and dark comedy. The last episode of this series is one of the most messed up things I have ever seen... and I loved it.

2. Devilman Lady

A personal long time favourite, this is another Go Nagai adaptation, but strays further from his style than Shin Mazinger. This is in fact no bad thing, as what we do get is a more muted, atmospheric style. There's none of the dark humour of the manga nor it's violent excesses, but this does tell a story of what it's like to be the only hope in an ostracised society. Despite it's low budget, it remains striking in tone and visuals, and is a great tragic piece of "hero" work.

1. The Irresponsible Captain Tylor

And here we go. In my opinion there's no more noble goal in telling a story than attempting to reaffirm the positives of the human condition, and remind us that things can turn out for the better and that people are at heart, good. And of course, for it to pull that off without coming across as naive or sentimental garbage. This series walks that tightrope so expertly it's a sight to behold. This show puts a smile on my face for days every time I watch it. If anyone here wants to pick a show on this list to watch, pick this one. You will not regret it.

Last edited by サンドラ on Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

1. Deathnote
2. Fairy Tail
3. Naruto (before Shippuden)
4. One Piece
5. Monster
6. Kuroshitsuji
7. Magi
8. Vampire Knight
9. Bleach
10. Angel Sanctuary

(and the Steel Samurai would totally be on there, if only it existed) :maya:

Let it go and move it move it

Well, I haven't seen 10, but my favourites are:

1) Death Note
2) Skip Beat
3) Kaichou wa maid-sama
4) Naruto (Although, I prefer the manga)
5) Vampire Knight

And that's all folks. I really need to start watching more anime - my friend keeps telling me to.
Within Temptation

zydrate comes in a little glass vial~

1. Hellsing OVAs. Fuck Yeah :karma:
2. Evangelion
3. Princess tutu
4. Full Metal Alchemist. both the original and brotherhood
5. Gankutsuo
6. Nodame Cantabile
7. Yu Yu Hakusho
8. Sailor Moon (especially seasons 3 and 5)
9. Beserk, the really old anime, not the recent movie remakes
10. Yugioh generations 1-4 (huuuge guilty pleasure, especially the hilarious dub)

I can't even remember 10 anime that I began to watch and accompanied until the end... But let's go:

1 - Code Geass: Perfect anime, perfect soundtrack, perfect moral theme and perfect byronic protagonist. And of course, perfect ending. If you like politics, action and moral dilemmas you HAVE to watch it. Oh I almost forgot to mention the CLAMP design

2 - FMA: Brotherhood: I prefer the manga all the way, but it's an awesome anime with a very good animation.

3 - Elfen Lied: Why I'm putting it here? It's gross. But that's why I like it.

An Enigma Among Humans

No real order.

1: Hellsing ultimate.

2: Hetalia.

3: Devil May Cry (guilty pleasure)

4: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

5: Fairy Tail.

6: Death Note (yeah, everyone likes it)

7: Haganai (seriously, watch this show)

8: Soul Eater

9: FMA (the original, never saw the newer one)

10: Black Butler.

dangerousoffender wrote:
I can't even remember 10 anime that I began to watch and accompanied until the end... But let's go:

1 - Code Geass: Perfect anime, perfect soundtrack, perfect moral theme and perfect byronic protagonist. And of course, perfect ending. If you like politics, action and moral dilemmas you HAVE to watch it. Oh I almost forgot to mention the CLAMP design.

I saw it, like it, until they removed the main love interest. Call me what you want, but that alone cheesed me off enough to never watch it again.

FWEET CLICK FWEET

10. danganronpa
9, danganronpa
8. dangan ronpa
7. danganronpa
6. danganronpa
5. danganronpa
4. danganronpa
3. danganronpa
2. danganronpa
1. danganronpa
I love the game and the anime an d that is the only anime I ever watched

A Seeker of Truth

In no particular order...

1. Steins; Gate (okay, this one IS number one because it deserves it. Probably the BEST anime I've ever seen... so far anyway. Great music, wonderful story, lovable characters, and just like one of my favorite game series, it's based on a visual novel. It's slow going at first, but it's worth your time; WATCH IT. :phoenix: )
2. Death Note
3. Clannad + After Story
4. Air
5. Kanon
6. Angel Beats
7. Persona 4 the Animation
8. Spice and Wolf
9. Monster
10. One Piece (of what I've watched of it so far anyways... which is not very much.)

Not an ultra extensive, ultra inclusive list. I didn't include great anime I have yet to watch (Madoka Magica, for example) and honestly, I'm new-ish to the scene and haven't watched too many as of yet. So... yeah; don't hate on my list if I'm missing super-duper incredible, because if it's that good and it's not here, I likely haven't watched it yet :trucy:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

A Seeker of Truth

edgey2000 wrote:
10. danganronpa
9, danganronpa
8. dangan ronpa
7. danganronpa
6. danganronpa
5. danganronpa
4. danganronpa
3. danganronpa
2. danganronpa
1. danganronpa
I love the game and the anime an d that is the only anime I ever watched

I haven't played the game yet (pre-ordered for Vita!) and haven't watched the anime (why? see bracket #1), but I heard it IS an amazing show :phoenix: Have you ever heard of Persona 4? That's another great visual novel/anime if you ever wanna try something different: it's part mystery, part comedy, part tragedy all mixed up in a highschool and one awesome package. It's a more upbeat then Danganronpa (gauging from what little I know of the game), but it's probably one of the best games I've ever played, and not a shabby anime either (though the former is a lot better). Anyhoo, that's just my suggestion; take it or leave it as you will :phoenix:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

I've just began dipping my toe into the realm of anime, so this is what I have so far.

1. Steins; Gate (so glad they're finally making an English version of the game for PC)
2. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
3. Death Note
4. Welcome to the NHK
5. Dragonball
6. Cowboy Bebop
7. Samurai Champloo
8. Attack On Titan
9. Dragonball Z
10. Mushi-Shi (I'd probably like it a bit more if there was actually an overarching storyline)

Also, someone please tell me that Clannad: After Story is completely worth watching Clannad. I mean, it's not necessarily bad per se, but it's a bit too on the girly side for my taste, but I want to give After Story a chance since I've heard so many good things about it.
Page 5 of 5 [ 175 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios