Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 3 of 3[ 97 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: Death Note USA script officially leakedTopic%20Title

Perpetual Prosecutor

I think it's merely being adapted to the movie theater so that the audience isn't only made of the anime fans.
Seriously, do you really think they could add Shinigamis to the plot without messing up?
"Light Yagami" might make the movie sound like some cheap translation of a Japanese film, which isn't true, hence the name change.

Just everyone stop comparing it to the anime and start thinking of it as a movie.

That is all. :agent-Smith:

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Akiak wrote:
I think it's merely being adapted to the movie theater so that the audience isn't only made of the anime fans.
Seriously, do you really think they could add Shinigamis to the plot without messing up?
"Light Yagami" might make the movie sound like some cheap translation of a Japanese film, which isn't true, hence the name change.

Just everyone stop comparing it to the anime and start thinking of it as a movie.

That is all. :agent-Smith:

What the fuck is the point of a Death Note adaptation if it has only one and a half elements of the original Death Note? Just answer that.

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

DeMatador wrote:
What the fuck is the point of a Death Note adaptation if you're not pandering to the anime-watching demographic?

That's what you should be asking.

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Both questions are valid enough. The answer to both is the same, anyway: "There is no point."

1000% Knight

I really want them to not change this script, and to cast Zac Efron as Luke. If I want good Live-Action Death Note, I'll watch the Japanese movies. Multiple lines of good LA-DN movies would be redundant, so let's get a good series and a hilariously awful version! :D Assuming they don't drastically change it, the script sucks. I don't want them to redeem it with good actors; I want to be able to laugh at all parts of the movie! That's what makes Zac perfect for Luke; he actually looks a lot like Light, and he would be horrible.

tl;dr: The Japanese films are good, so why not have movies that suck? And to have it suck the most, they need to keep the script and cast Zac as Luke.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

[Words]

Bad Player wrote:
I really want them to not change this script, and to cast Zac Efron as Luke. If I want good Live-Action Death Note, I'll watch the Japanese movies. Multiple lines of good LA-DN movies would be redundant, so let's get a good series and a hilariously awful version! :D Assuming they don't drastically change it, the script sucks. I don't want them to redeem it with good actors; I want to be able to laugh at all parts of the movie! That's what makes Zac perfect for Luke; he actually looks a lot like Light, and he would be horrible.

tl;dr: The Japanese films are good, so why not have movies that suck? And to have it suck the most, they need to keep the script and cast Zac as Luke.

But have you considered the possibility that this movie will be both awful and not funny? It could be the Dragon Ball: Evolution of 2010: Nobody likes it, and it's god-awful but it takes itself too seriously and as a result completely sucks dragonballs, pun intended.

I kind of want them to just drop this whole movie, really.

This is awesome! moar plox!

To be honest I can't see why people are so into Death Note anyway. I felt it was sort of a refreshing anime for the first 16 episodes, but got predictable and boring after that. I can't see why they would want to make a movie about Death Note, it would be one huge epic fail. I guess that's just me though, because apparently a lot of people enjoy the anime. Most animes are shit anyway imho.
减仓

1000% Knight

justis76 wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

But have you considered the possibility that this movie will be both awful and not funny? It could be the Dragon Ball: Evolution of 2010: Nobody likes it, and it's god-awful but it takes itself too seriously and as a result completely sucks dragonballs, pun intended.

I kind of want them to just drop this whole movie, really.

I can hope, can't I? There's no reason for them to make the movie good, since we already have good life action adaptations. I want them to make it bad; there's a chance it'll be hilarious, and I'm willing to sit through a bad movie for that chance.

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

No Ken'ichi Matsuyama, no soul. Enough said XD
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

Floran wrote:
I can't see why they would want to make a movie about Death Note, it would be one huge epic fail.

You mean like the 3 Japanese Death Note movies that got worlwide success and praise?

Yeah, those were one huge epic fail.

Perpetual Prosecutor

DeMatador wrote:
What the fuck is the point of a Death Note adaptation if it has only one and a half elements of the original Death Note? Just answer that.

Take Final Fantasy. Okay, it's not an anime, but whatever, they made two movies (The Spirits Within and Advent Children). Now, the first one, despite the fact that it received very positive reviews, was what we call a "box office bomb", with its very poor sales. The second movie was gratified too by the critics, but it got worldwide success.

But what does this have to do with anything? You see, the first movie had very little to do with the FF series of the time.
The second one instead was totally based one the previously released Final Fantasy VII game.

As you can see, the first film failed miserably because fans of the series were too attached to their beloved series and couldn't accept any changes to the original formula.

That is exactly why a Death Note adaptation with close to no elements of the original series is going to fail. Both with critics and audience, therefore, sales.

Was there any recent news regarding this movie? As far as we know, it could have been cancelled. With this script, all I can say is good riddance.

This is awesome! moar plox!

DeMatador wrote:
Floran wrote:
I can't see why they would want to make a movie about Death Note, it would be one huge epic fail.

You mean like the 3 Japanese Death Note movies that got worlwide success and praise?

Like you just pointed out, I can't see why they should add a fourth one. It's like DBZ, it should've stopped earlier, but went on and on, and got boring. It's just my personal view on it, I just don't see what's so enjoyable about it anymore. Death Note is really overrated (also predictable), but as long as the sales are good they're going to continue it.
减仓

Floran wrote:
DeMatador wrote:
Floran wrote:

Like you just pointed out, I can't see why they should add a fourth one. It's like DBZ, it should've stopped earlier, but went on and on, and got boring. It's just my personal view on it, I just don't see what's so enjoyable about it anymore. Death Note is really overrated (also predictable), but as long as the sales are good they're going to continue it.

I think that the charm of a US Death Note movie would be, well... English-speaking actors, I guess... And a different take on the story. If I recall correctly, the Japanese movies had a huge plot twist in the second movie, which wasn't in the anime.

But this is just too far away from "a different take"... this is "a different story", and "a different thing" altogether.

Death Note is not overrated, it's an amazing anime. Why? Because the writing is excellent, the only predictable thing is how the main character will end up, the animation is incredible, the music is excellent, and the general experience is very enjoyable and absolutely not boring.
I really don't see how that can be overrated.

1000% Knight

Anything can be overrated, DeMat. I only read the manga, and I can't really comment on the writing (as that would be commenting on unofficial translations, not the actual writing), but the plot and basis were both interesting, and there were plenty of psychological tricks.

Still, the characters are very one-dimensional (Light is a mad genius who can act normal very well, L is a crazy genius, Misa blindly follows Light, etc etc), and it takes itself very seriously and seems to attempt to come to some grand conclusion on human nature, but ends up with very mixed messages on the subject.

It is a great anime/manga, but it does have its flaws.

(Although I do agree that this script is a different story altogether... and not a very good one, at that (at least compared to the original))

Godot made me a coffee addict...

This is the worst fan fiction i've ever read.
I'm just a guy that can win ALL arguments thanks to a certain video game series...

Jetdude77 wrote:
This is the worst fan fiction i've ever read.

This is the worst necro i've ever read.
Page 3 of 3 [ 97 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios