Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 9[ 355 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Most overrated anime/movie/TV Show characterTopic%20Title

Most concerned citizen out there.

Just out of boredom, I decided to being this up.

In your opinion who is the most overrated TV Show/Movie/Anime character?
Xbox Live: LadyDuoMaxwell
Re: Most overrated anime/movie/TV Show characterTopic%20Title

A passionate fart, smelling dead

Every character from Naruto, ever.
Mirror, mirror on the wall, show me, define me! I am the infinite telomerase! I am not an anti-existence! I AM THE PERFECT MISSINGNO.--er, chain!

Proud to be anti-Edgeworth!

BIKE MONEY!

No offence but everyone from Naruto does get on my nerves.
I dislike the anime but this is coming from a guy used to love DragonBall Z. Detective Gumshoe

spr fckn srs peepz

I'll third Naruto in it's entirety.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

stirring

Eyeshield 21 is the most overrated piece of garbage in- nah, nah, I can't even joke about it. It just hurts me. I love it too much.

I won't even say Naruto or Bleach though, as that's too obvious. How about Elfen Lied? Yeah, Elfen Lied. Damn I hate Elfen Lied. And the fanboys who line up to masturbate into its face. Damn I really hate Elfen Lied.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Double-Edged Sword

Rei Ayanami, for sure.

Naruto may be immensely popular, but it's gonna take a while before it can measure to Evangelion's popularity. And when any of the characters are as popular with the fanboys as Miss Ayanami, I will eat my shoe. Young Mia

spr fckn srs peepz

Holy Hell wrote:
Eyeshield 21 is the most overrated piece of garbage in- nah, nah, I can't even joke about it. It just hurts me. I love it too much.

I won't even say Naruto or Bleach though, as that's too obvious. How about Elfen Lied? Yeah, Elfen Lied. Damn I hate Elfen Lied. And the fanboys who line up to masturbate into its face. Damn I really hate Elfen Lied.

Agreed on Elfen Lied's overratedness. I watched the entire series, and other than "OMG TONS OF BLOOD! OMG RAPE!" I just don't get why it's supposed to be good.

And you're right a bit on Eyeshield's overratedness : Hiruma FTW.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

stirring

Other than Hiruma's moments of poetic silence and floor staring, I'm not a big fan of him either.

And Elfen Lied supposedly has deep values and philosophy in it somewhere, it's all just really totally ambiguous.

spr fckn srs peepz

Holy Hell wrote:
Other than Hiruma's moments of poetic silence and floor staring, I'm not a big fan of him either.

And Elfen Lied supposedly has deep values and philosophy in it somewhere, it's all just really totally ambiguous.

Honestly, I said it as a joke, but I'm still glad he's around if only because it makes the entire "Team Captain is a stereotype of the team's name." thing true for the Devil Bats as well, which it usually isn't in most manga like this.

It has? All I noticed was the killing and the rape. Then again, I didn't watch it all in one sitting and in very sporadic periods, so...

stirring

Attorney Hatman wrote:
Holy Hell wrote:

Honestly, I said it as a joke, but I'm still glad he's around if only because it makes the entire "Team Captain is a stereotype of the team's name." thing true for the Devil Bats as well, which it usually isn't in most manga like this.

It has? All I noticed was the killing and the rape. Then again, I didn't watch it all in one sitting and in very sporadic periods, so...

Oh, now don't I feel silly. I've never actually met or seen an Eyeshield 21 fan-community, now that I think about it, so I have no idea whether Hiruma can even qualify as overrated.

And I have no idea. I had the displeasure of watching the series twice, once by myself, another time in a group, and I still saw absolutely nothing that showed depth or was psychological. Unless you count on little girls massacring hoards of people disturbing and deep, but I wouldn't. Whatever the case, the fans claim it has lots of ... 'something'.

spr fckn srs peepz

Holy Hell wrote:
Oh, now don't I feel silly. I've never actually met or seen an Eyeshield 21 fan-community, now that I think about it, so I have no idea whether Hiruma can even qualify as overrated.

And I have no idea. I had the displeasure of watching the series twice, once by myself, another time in a group, and I still saw absolutely nothing that showed depth or was psychological. Unless you count on little girls massacring hoards of people disturbing and deep, but I wouldn't. Whatever the case, the fans claim it has lots of ... 'something'.

Me neither, honestly. I blame the superficiality of fangirls. I know a few that like it, but a fancommunity? Never seen it.

I claim it has lots of blood for no appearant reason?

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Naruto, and more specifically, Kakashi. I hate that dweeb. What a fucking dweeb.

Also, Ed from FMA. I didn't mind the show for what I saw of it, but there's nothing original about Ed. He's like...Lina Inverse for the new generation. You can only see so many ratty red coats and fake blonde braids before it starts to get on your nerves!

Put Sephiroth on there, too. I don't care if Kuja copied him, Kuja did it better. And in a thong <3
ImageImage

ROCK AND ROLL! HIGH SPEED!

Location: Inside Edgey's closet. Shhhh! Don't tell him I'm here!

In all honesty, I thought the superficialtiy of fangirls was part of the fun. Watch them squeal and join in! (Edgey fangirl, right here!)
My art thread!
My sprite thread! Calando in progress
Phoenix Wright and co.:Ace Mythbusters! Myth 2 finished
First AA fanfic: Childhood Turnabout (finished)
And my devart site
My billboard signature! *gets pelted with tomatoes*

stirring

Attorney Hatman wrote:
Holy Hell wrote:

I claim it has lots of blood for no appearant reason?

I claim you are correct.

Miles Edgeworth. *Runs*

I'm a fan too but he's not THAT great.
mother of the year~

ಠ_ಠ EYES

Croik wrote:
Naruto, and more specifically, Kakashi. I hate that dweeb. What a fucking dweeb.

Also, Ed from FMA. I didn't mind the show for what I saw of it, but there's nothing original about Ed. He's like...Lina Inverse for the new generation. You can only see so many ratty red coats and fake blonde braids before it starts to get on your nerves!

Put Sephiroth on there, too. I don't care if Kuja copied him, Kuja did it better. And in a thong <3

Agreeing with everything Croik said... Except I don't really mind Ed that much I guess. :/
And damn right Kuja did it better thanSephiroth, he was my favourite FF villan period.

spr fckn srs peepz

I'll do you people one better and say every Final Fantasy villain after Kefka.

One feathered Tail

That's not very much better at all. Kefka and Sephiroth seem to be the only villians with much of a rating at all. Seymour is stuck sitting at no where with the rabble from eight and nine.
Might I point out that Final Fantasy is a game series, and does not qualify to be anime, movie, or TV show with the exception of Final Fantasy Seven's Advent Children.

My list goes as follows:
Anime: Inuyasha
Movie: Borat
TV Show: Ray Romano. Sorry, but not everyone loves Raymond

(As a side note, I personally find Hiruma to be the best character in Eyeshield 21.)
"Love Song for Horton #437"

Call me Ojou-sama!

Cloud from FF7 and Sasuke from Naruto....

They are overated EMO characters

I'm back and no one cares!

Inuyasha,Kagome, Sasuke,Itachi...other then that I don't mind anime guys.
what do i is called rollplaying, i really don't think i am richard.

stirring

kashi_naoki wrote:

I often wonder how emo Cloud actually is. I don't remember people complaining about him that much until recently and I'm basically sure that at this point, eighty percent of Cloud's supposed emo-ness is just from haters who want to complain. I've played FFVII quite a lot. I know for a fact that Cloud doesn't sit around and brood for the whole game. He did for a bit when his supposed love interest died, but that's sort of a given.

And don't bring up Advent Children. That's a completely different thing.

Call me Ojou-sama!

Holy Hell wrote:
kashi_naoki wrote:

I often wonder how emo Cloud actually is. I don't remember people complaining about him that much until recently and I'm basically sure that at this point, eighty percent of Cloud's supposed emo-ness is just from haters who want to complain. I've played FFVII quite a lot. I know for a fact that Cloud doesn't sit around and brood for the whole game. He did for a bit when his supposed love interest died, but that's sort of a given.

And don't bring up Advent Children. That's a completely different thing.

I know, I played the original ff7 like, 4 years ago... and I don't hate ff7 (but not a big fan of it either), all I can say is, I tend to see a character from its first impression.
Yea... His first impression is not that good on me.

stirring

His first impression was that he was a jackass. He was cold and somewhat mean. That's hardly "emo".

One feathered Tail

He wasn't even emo when that happened. He just slept for a while and then decided to continue after Sephiroth with a renewed flame of hatred. It is so fashionable to call Cloud emo. However, several characters with the same disposition that aren't blonde and lugging a giant butcher's cleaver around are considered undeniably awesome.

As far as his first impression, what part of lines like, "All I care aout is my money" and, "It's got nothing to do with me." and "Eh, it's no big deal. (cue cocky pose)" screams emo?

Call me Ojou-sama!

it's kinda emo for me.. but well... It's only my opinion, and maybe.. wrong usage of "emo" word...

for that.. I apologize.. *bows down*

Minor Character

Anime character: Kaku from One Piece. Yeah, he was cool and all, but holy crap. People like him way too much.

Movie: Somewhere between Napoleon Dynamite and Borat. They had their moments, but they weren't THAT good.

Most concerned citizen out there.

Alright, I thought of it carefully and here is my picks so far:

Gaara and Sasuke from Naruto. Emos that are completely overrated for their own good!

Sephiroth from FFVII. Dude, he is just some disgruntled 1980's hair band rock-star with serious issues.

Riku from Kingdom Hearts. Seriously, what does make him so great other being a pretty-boy with a huge key?

Riza Hawkeye from FMA. (I know I am going to get shot for this.) People who says that she is the HOTTEST chick ever with a gun must be seriously screwed up in the head.

Roy Mustang from FMA. He is just some pretty-boy with gloves. Without them, he is not much use.

----

That's all I can think of so far. More will come to me later.
Xbox Live: LadyDuoMaxwell

Paddy O'Reily O'Shwartzenburg

Anime-wise, I give the everlasting crown of over-ratedness to one Neon Genesis Evangelion. No other show has become the fuel for so much crappy 'theorizing' and 'serious internet debate' than Evangelion, and whatever "message" Anno wanted to be put out by the series has failed horribly--some say it is to 'enjoy life even if it hurts' while others want to 'look at things more spiritually' or even 'psychologically.'

I call bullshit, and Rei and Asuka have become (in light of, possibly, Anno's intention to tell people to 'go outside more') poster children for such otaku obsession it makes me shudder in disgust.

stirring

Eva wins the thread. For sure.

One feathered Tail

Inuyasha and Full Metal Alchemist come in close second then. Especially Inuyasha.

Minor Character

I will also take this time to mention how ridiculously overrated I think Haruhi is.

Dont' hurt me please.

INCOMING FLOOD OF HARUTARD--oh wait this isn't /a/.

I liked Haruhi, but it was not MIND BLOWING or EPIC or anything. It was just a pretty good high school story. To be honest, Kamichu! is much better at doing what Haruhi is trying at.

But Haruhi did spawn Nyoro~n, and I have to thank it for that.

stirring

I have to agree with you there, Roz. It's great, but it gets an insane amount of praise and is considered such a 'perfect' series by just so many that it's almost stupid. Haruhi is also exaggerated loads on the "awesome" meter. :|

Formerly Dr.Cube

Any anime or manga made during or after the mid 90s (except vagabond, mr. Fullswing and Eyeshield 21). Seriously I hate how anime and manga went from "this is aimed towards males so let's make it about guy things and have guy characters" to "This is aimed towards boys throw in as many 8 year old girls as possible and a few in their teens for good measure." I miss tough anime/manga. (I am mainly referring to shounen manga because well that's what I read)

One feathered Tail

You tend to over generalize alot I've noticed. Not everything recent is like that. As much as I'd hate to mention it, Rurouni Kenshin fits several sides of teh spectrum and appeals to both male and female in good moderation. At least from the reviews around my living area.
There are many more too.

Formerly Dr.Cube

Kenshin does fit but let's not make the exception the rule. I find myself moving over to manhwa instead of manga since it has alot of really good martial arts and "tough" stories. (manhwa is korean manga)

spr fckn srs peepz

Kenjimurasame wrote:
Anime-wise, I give the everlasting crown of over-ratedness to one Neon Genesis Evangelion. No other show has become the fuel for so much crappy 'theorizing' and 'serious internet debate' than Evangelion, and whatever "message" Anno wanted to be put out by the series has failed horribly--some say it is to 'enjoy life even if it hurts' while others want to 'look at things more spiritually' or even 'psychologically.'

Actually, Eva had one message to portray. Did you ever watch Paranoia Agent? Skip to the end credits, where someone's on a chair, laughing at you? That's Hideaki Anno after you've watched Eva. That's the entire message Eva tells you. The entire anime and movies are about Hideaki Anno laughing at you people for giving him money to design this crap.

As far as over-ratedness goes in mainstream anime? Gundam Seed. Worst. Gundam. Series. Ever.

And Comic Book Guy speech doesn't even do justice as to it's overratedness.

stirring

I wasn't aware anyone actually liked Gundam Seed. I feel sad now.

Formerly Dr.Cube

I found the only gundam I liked was Wing. (but even I'll admit it was a bit overrated)

Attorney Hatman wrote:
Kenjimurasame wrote:

Actually, Eva had one message to portray. Did you ever watch Paranoia Agent? Skip to the end credits, where someone's on a chair, laughing at you? That's Hideaki Anno after you've watched Eva. That's the entire message Eva tells you. The entire anime and movies are about Hideaki Anno laughing at you people for giving him money to design this crap.

As far as over-ratedness goes in mainstream anime? Gundam Seed. Worst. Gundam. Series. Ever.

And Comic Book Guy speech doesn't even do justice as to it's overratedness.

To be honest that is the only meaning I will give Eva any credit for; except it doesn't apply to me since I never paid a dime for EVA and have never looked back since watching it. Although, Anno strikes me as an emo little punk.

And oh man don't get me started on Kenshin. I enjoyed reading it, sure, as a quick do-nothing time waster, but man does that series get far too much praise. At least Watsuki recognizes this to an extent and just cribs his characters from other mediums. (Although, I do like Busou Renkin--a series that seems to take all the SERIOUS BUSINESS shounen stuff, like RK, and tease it coupled with some pretty decent action and bizarre character designs.)
Page 1 of 9 [ 355 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios