Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 3[ 119 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Old TV Shows you would bring back?Topic%20Title

Because I Can.

Since I miss being a kid, I'd probably bring back Power Rangers.

Edit: Thanks to whoever moved the topic
Sometimes you just have to say; What the Fudge.
Sprites|Spriting Tutorials
Re: Old TV Shows you would bring back?Topic%20Title

The Twisted Samurai

Teen Age Mutant Ninja Turtles, the good ol' seasons.
I'll try to think of more later :)
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Animaniacs. This show was absolutely brilliant in every way. I dare someone to try and top this.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

The Hoosiers :) Just too cool.

POWER PUFF GIRLS eheheehheehheee it was soooo funny
my sprites Image(click the pic for pandas graphics~)

earthlings on fire

Ghostwriter. Oh, I loved that show! It was basically about a group of kids who got the help of this mysterious spirit in solving mysteries. Each mystery lasted around five episodes or so and had really cheesy acting, but it was great...
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

THE ANGRY BEAVERS. That was my all time favorite show when I was little. Too bad it got canceled for stupid reasons...

Because I Can.

nekonohime wrote:
THE ANGRY BEAVERS. That was my all time favorite show when I was little. Too bad it got canceled for stupid reasons...

Why did it get cancelled?

@GantStare:

Quote:
The whole controversy surrounding the series first started in 1998, when Alley Oops! had Norb saying "Oh, shut up, Dag!"

When this episode was first televised in the US on Nick, the "shut" in "shut up" was bleeped out. Apparently, a currently unknown individual complained about the phrase "shut up" sounded like "shit up" in a Nick program. However, the bleep only caused even more controversy, causing people to think that the bleep was there because there was vulgar language in the dialog. Between airings, however, Nick changed Norb's line to "Shush up, stupid!" It was only one of the few times a Nicktoon had a line changed between airings since Rocko's Modern Life and Ren and Stimpy. Many people believe this was ridiculous, and it has been shown that many other Nickelodeon programs that aired before and even after (Spongebob Squarepants used shut up several times) Angry Beavers did use "shut up" and in fact, language that is generally considered to be worse (ex. Hey Arnold, which, particularly in its early episodes, used a few words many people believe should not air in children's programming), that the Angry Beavers did not use. Regardless of these claims, this was edited by the producers.

The final straw was an un-aired episode titled Bye Bye Beavers, which was going to be the show's last episode, involving Norb having to convince Dag that they're just characters on a TV show, thereby indicating fourth wall. Staffer Micah Wright said that Nickelodeon hated this episode, as it made fun of the station's practice of not making new episodes of their Nicktoons, preferring to air reruns instead. It is unclear if it was even part of foreign syndication. Also, the episode had broken Nick's "code on Nicktoons": When you're going off the air, don't tell your viewers!

This is a quote from Wright's website about Nick canceling the show: "Nickelodeon hated this episode because it actually told the kids the truth: that the show was ending! Nick likes to just rerun their shows forever and pretend that they're still making new episodes and this show idea drove them up a wall!"

All in all, 63 episodes of the show were produced, because Nick cut 2 episodes out of the planned 65.

Many of the show's fans were extremely upset when the show was canceled, and an on-line petition has been created.

In a nutshell, Nickelodeon is run by overprotective soccermoms.

The Trusty Nudal!

Angry Beavers is still on TV, I just recently saw it :P

Because I Can.

nekonohime wrote:
@GantStare:

Quote:
The whole controversy surrounding the series first started in 1998, when Alley Oops! had Norb saying "Oh, shut up, Dag!"

When this episode was first televised in the US on Nick, the "shut" in "shut up" was bleeped out. Apparently, a currently unknown individual complained about the phrase "shut up" sounded like "shit up" in a Nick program. However, the bleep only caused even more controversy, causing people to think that the bleep was there because there was vulgar language in the dialog. Between airings, however, Nick changed Norb's line to "Shush up, stupid!" It was only one of the few times a Nicktoon had a line changed between airings since Rocko's Modern Life and Ren and Stimpy. Many people believe this was ridiculous, and it has been shown that many other Nickelodeon programs that aired before and even after (Spongebob Squarepants used shut up several times) Angry Beavers did use "shut up" and in fact, language that is generally considered to be worse (ex. Hey Arnold, which, particularly in its early episodes, used a few words many people believe should not air in children's programming), that the Angry Beavers did not use. Regardless of these claims, this was edited by the producers.

The final straw was an un-aired episode titled Bye Bye Beavers, which was going to be the show's last episode, involving Norb having to convince Dag that they're just characters on a TV show, thereby indicating fourth wall. Staffer Micah Wright said that Nickelodeon hated this episode, as it made fun of the station's practice of not making new episodes of their Nicktoons, preferring to air reruns instead. It is unclear if it was even part of foreign syndication. Also, the episode had broken Nick's "code on Nicktoons": When you're going off the air, don't tell your viewers!

This is a quote from Wright's website about Nick canceling the show: "Nickelodeon hated this episode because it actually told the kids the truth: that the show was ending! Nick likes to just rerun their shows forever and pretend that they're still making new episodes and this show idea drove them up a wall!"

All in all, 63 episodes of the show were produced, because Nick cut 2 episodes out of the planned 65.

Many of the show's fans were extremely upset when the show was canceled, and an on-line petition has been created.

In a nutshell, Nickelodeon is run by overprotective soccermoms.

That must suck so badly. I felt the same way when I was watching One Piece: 4Kids edition. It was so bad, I cried. Anyways, over protective parents should just put a lock on the damn channel, instead of ruining great shows.

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

I loved Ojamajo Doremi (Americans may know it under the title "Magical Doremi") when I was a little girl. Mostly because the German version was almost un-edited, featured 100% of the original score and made no attempts to hide that the show was set in Japan, unlike certain other dub-versions of the show...

However, RTL2 cancelled it after the second of four seasons without ever stating a reason. It seems like they originally planned to dub all 4 seasons, but then decided that girl's shows aren't lucrative enough and showed double episodes of YuGiOh instead... -.-;

That's incredibly stupid, mostly because the second season had the most HEART-WRENCHINGLY-SAD ending out of all the four seasons.

Imagine it as the child-friendly version of PW ending with the bad ending of case 2-4. Minus the grammatical error, I mean.

Till today I am hunting for available fansubs of the third season... to no avail. T-T

The show was the reason I first got into Japanese Culture and, especially, Media in the first place. Without it, I probably wouldn't be here today. Really.

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Because I Can.

Neni wrote:
I loved Ojamajo Doremi (Americans may know it under the title "Magical Doremi") when I was a little girl. Mostly because the German version was almost un-edited, featured 100% of the original score and made no attempts to hide that the show was set in Japan, unlike certain other dub-versions of the show...

However, RTL2 cancelled it after the second of four seasons without ever stating a reason. It seems like they originally planned to dub all 4 seasons, but then decided that girl's shows aren't lucrative enough and showed double episodes of YuGiOh instead... -.-;

That's incredibly stupid, mostly because the second season had the most HEART-WRENCHINGLY-SAD ending out of all the four seasons.

Imagine it as the child-friendly version of PW ending with the bad ending of case 2-4. Minus the grammatical error, I mean.

Till today I am hunting for available fansubs of the third season... to no avail. T-T

The show was the reason I first got into Japanese Culture and, especially, Media in the first place. Without it, I probably wouldn't be here today. Really.

Actually, 4Kids (Not sure if it's the german double) made, killed the YuGiOh we know today, and I'm sad to say, that ''Magical Doremi'' was also raped, destroyed by this terrible dubbing company. Maybe if 4Kids hadn't fucked it up, we'd be watching re-runs of it now.

Side Note: 4Kids went under, and I guess all the series it had along with it. They probably didn't have the funds to continue dubbing Magical Doremi, so they made us forget about it with good ol ''IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL!!.'' Maybe if we're lucky, Toonzai (What 4Kids is now) will dub it. Remember, you can't spell Toonzai without Nazi!!! So expect a horrible dub, with sandwiches replacing rice balls, and water guns instead of pistols. Get the reference?

nudalman wrote:

You must live outside the USA if you got to see it T_T They don't air it here at all anymore.

Last edited by nekonohime on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Is still absolute trash.

There used to be a TV show called The World's Greatest Magic on NBC, and I bet very few people in my age group watched it, let alone remember it now. Each hour-long episode had about 20 magicians perform their routines at the Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, and a lot of them were really awesome back when I was about 4-8 or 9. They showed normally around Thanksgiving and Christmas on NBC, then ABC Family, but it doesn't show anymore.
:larry:
*trumpet sounds*

Because I Can.

nekonohime wrote:
nudalman wrote:

You must live outside the USA if you got to see it T_T They don't air it here at all anymore.

Who's your cable provider, because I have AT&T Uverse, and I also have Nicktoons, and I've seen it on the listings at about 1:00 a.m., I've just never stopped to watch it, because I'm usually watching Adult Swim at that hour.

@GantStare- I have Comcast. I have the Nicktoons channel also.

*Checks to see if it actually comes on*

Dang. Guess my cable provider doesn't show it. (At least I've got CatDog and Invader Zim) XD

Hey you guys remember when the Tenchi Muyo shows came on Toonami god-knows-how-long ago? I miss those.

Also the fucking Bear in the Big Blue House. MY MID-CHILDHOOD RIGHT THERE.
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

Is still absolute trash.

fatalfeline wrote:
Hey you guys remember when the Tenchi Muyo shows came on Toonami god-knows-how-long ago? I miss those.

Tenchi Muyo? It must've come on before I started watching Toonami. *can only remember Samurai Jack, Rurouni Kenshin, and some other show I can't remember right now) And the Bear was Evil!! EVIL!!!!!! (Just kidding! But the only show I liked from Playhouse Disney was Out of the Box. <3 Now that was my childhood! Mostly.)

Does anyone remember Are You Afraid of The Dark? from Nickelodeon?
*trumpet sounds*

I loved Out of the Box! <3<3<3
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

Is still absolute trash.

fatalfeline wrote:
I loved Out of the Box! <3<3<3

Mhmm! Do they still make episodes of it today?
*trumpet sounds*

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

GantStare wrote:

Actually, 4Kids (Not sure if it's the german double) made, killed the YuGiOh we know today, and I'm sad to say, that ''Magical Doremi'' was also raped, destroyed by this terrible dubbing company. Maybe if 4Kids hadn't fucked it up, we'd be watching re-runs of it now.

Side Note: 4Kids went under, and I guess all the series it had along with it. They probably didn't have the funds to continue dubbing Magical Doremi, so they made us forget about it with good ol ''IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL!!.'' Maybe if we're lucky, Toonzai (What 4Kids is now) will dub it. Remember, you can't spell Toonzai without Nazi!!! So expect a horrible dub, with sandwiches replacing rice balls, and water guns instead of pistols. Get the reference?

This sounds like you were thinking that I was talking about the American Version, which I was, in fact, not. I was talking about the German version, which was broadcasted much, much earlier than the American. And, JfI, the American Dub didn't even show the first two seasons. From what I heard, 4Kids barely even finished the first seasons run. -.-;

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

TAkE YouR hEaRT

^ I remember watching "Doremi" or whatever it's called on RTL2 too, when it still aired. I didn't know they stopped airing the show because of Yu-Gi-Oh :/

---------------------------

I miss watching Rocko's Modern Life on TV....well, it's still on nickelodeon from time to time...at night, at 3am or so. :|

I also miss watching Hamtaro (Boss/Taisho was always my favorite hamster <3), Danny Phantom (why did that show only get 3 seasons?) and the Peanuts (I only wish, they would at least air some holiday-special episodes/movies once in a while. It feels like it's been forever since I watched "It's the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" on TV....).

Did somebody say "bacon"?

I saw someone mention Tenchi Muyo. That takes me back to the good old days of Toonami. Sailor Moon, Ronin Warriors, Dragonball Z, Reboot, and Outlaw Star (which was favorite out of that line). I wish those shows would come back. Man, I miss watching GOOD anime on cartoon network.

Kayworth Supporter

so is this some kinda kids show thing or what?
I'd say Beavis and Butthead
or
Edd Ed & Eddy. That show was awesome(they show reruns over here where i live. yayyyy)

:)

SMTV Live - Ant and Dec are geniuses.

The original seasons of Digimon. Not interested in anything post-tamers.

Gimme Gimme Gimme - I love this show so much, wish they did more seasons. I got the whole collection on video and mum has them on DVD.
Vampire Princess Miyu
Animaniacs
CatDog
Power Rangers

Because I Can.

I might as well just say it for the people who don't know yet. Saban just re-purchased the rights to Power Rangers, and a new 40 episode season will be coming onto Nickelodeon in 2011.

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

I really want the Belgium show "Het Eiland" to come back, it's the most lulzy Flemish series ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1bQMS5f1HM

The humor doesn't really work as good in English though.

Now, were did I leave that DVD box...
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage

Is still absolute trash.

Nemesis wrote:
I also miss watching Hamtaro (Boss/Taisho was always my favorite hamster <3), Danny Phantom (why did that show only get 3 seasons?)

I have the first six dub episodes of Hamtaro on VHS here in my room!!! And I loved Danny Phantom! <3 I still do~!
*trumpet sounds*

Till the landslide brought me down...

The original series of Yu-Gi-Oh! I don't really like the new series :(
• °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•* • °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•*• °♦ ♥ ♦°

ice cream

My favoritest show ever was Xiaolin Showdown. I'd bring that back.

rag100 wrote:
My favoritest show ever was Xiaolin Showdown. I'd bring that back.

I have the DS game of that ^^

ice cream

OMG, lucky! I wanted that game so bad... TT___TT

I'd love to see the return of such classic gameshows as Knightmare and Takeshi's Castle. Good fun.

The master of Judging 64

fatalfeline wrote:

They need to put those dvds back on sale. I thought I would be getting it but the stupid site bs me. I had it in my hand in a store that was closing, thinking of getting but no, I got the one from online comes(FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.......)

I bought one fake and one used copy. I want a brand new one, I think it had something else with it which I don't have.

btw Some of these shows do show up on there high channel duplicate but I don't have access to them. You live in the same house, have the same cable. So why do the big box get all the good stuff and not the small box person(wth do I even need that?! I hate that digital conversion crap, never mention about the cable also being affected)

About the Angry beaver last episode saying it was the last. I'm glad it does say it's over. I some how remember shows that are about collecting stuff and I never seen them end. Then I look up on wiki(I know but where else can I see this stuff?) Saying some did actually ended(wtf?!). I don't remember mighty max ending with that bs episode. 13 ghost didn't end but wth did they stop before the final episode?! I hated these show that have to collect stuff. They drag it on, and never finish them. They need to bring them back and finish them.

The cape is self-fluttering

Think I'd bring back Hey Arnold! just for the Jungle movie that was never made. After that, I wouldn't mind the old episodes being in rotation.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Ooh, you guys remember The Wild Thornberrys?

I would so bring back old school Nick game shows such as Double Dare, Guts (Global Guts too), and Legends of the Hidden Temple. These shows were so fun and inventive, I always wanted to be on them. I know they aired it on some other Nick channel, but I want it on the original Nick. Not some dumb channel I have to fork out even more money. Nick needs new shows, not just friggin' Spongebob and iCarly. Good god that's all they ever play these days.

I would also bring back Animaniacs. I loved that show when I was little. Even now that I'm older I still find it hilarious. Besides, they're the only show that somehow got a joke like the "finger Prince" one to get passed the radar.

I loved The Weekenders. They re-aired episodes for awhile a few years ago, but I want it back on again. It's a funny show that doesn't rely on stupid potty humor and both kids and adults can enjoy it.

I also demand Sailor Moon to be re-aired. Even though the dub was so shitty, it still brings back all those memories. Even if it was an entire re-dub including the 5th season, I would die happy.

fatalfeline wrote:
Ooh, you guys remember The Wild Thornberrys?

Yeah!! I liked that show, except as the series progressed, I began to get more and more annoyed of Eliza. Debbi always cracked me up though XD

Adrian in black wrote:
Think I'd bring back Hey Arnold! just for the Jungle movie that was never made. After that, I wouldn't mind the old episodes being in rotation.

I second this x1000. I really miss that show. The only Nick show that dared to say "crap" in more than one episode XD

Who`s heard of "The Wild Thornberrys" ? I loved it! I wish it was still showing.

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

SnowWright wrote:
Who`s heard of "The Wild Thornberrys" ? I loved it! I wish it was still showing.

SnowWright wrote:
Who`s heard of "The Wild Thornberrys" ?

SnowWright wrote:
"The Wild Thornberrys" ?

I..I love that show too much ;~;
I would totally bring it back.

"...Naturally."

The Crystal Maze. IT 'TWAS THE BEST GAME SHOW EVAR.

Oh, and Cow and Chicken. :)
Engaged to Reiji!
Credit to Nadindi for the awesome sig! :D
Page 1 of 3 [ 119 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios