Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 1[ 9 posts ]

The ORIGINAL Mighty Morphin' Power RangersTopic%20Title

Jury Duty

Am I the only adult here not embarassed to say I watched it growing up or what?

Anywho, I'm watching episodes 1-177 via Netflix right now and the memories (all good, mind you ^_^) come with a vengeance xD

Anyone have fond memories of the original MMPR? If so, we can go down memory lane together.

You can discuss MMPR from Episode 1 up to the final episode of MMPR (the episode before the Zeo Saga begins). For the sake of this thread, the discussion of all Sagas after MMPR (Zeo, Turbo, etc.) are banned. The exceptions to this rule are Austin St. John (Jason) and Jason David Frank (Tommy) since they appeared in mutliple Sagas. Heck, Frank's character is considered by most to be the greatest Ranger if PR History so...yeah xD

Anywho, let's discuss away ^_^;

Here's a Fun Fact/Pop Quiz (EASY!): Which former Power Ranger is the English Voice Actor for many popluar Anime Characters such as Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach) and Lelouch Vi Brittania (Code Geass)? You may use his real name or his name when he was on the show in your answer.

And here's a much harder one to answer: True or False: The original Power Rangers were meant to represent specific sterotypes.
Phoenix Wright! Miles Edgeworth!
*Slams Desk, then Points*
I CHOOSE YOU!
Re: The ORIGINAL Mighty Morphin' Power RangersTopic%20Title

ケーキたん(仮)

I got my picture taken with Rocky, the 2nd Red Ranger at Anime Expo. I almost wanted to tell him, with absolutely no sarcasm intended, that my favorite episode was when he got hooked on pachinko in an American TV show for kids.

Brendan2k5 wrote:
Here's a Fun Fact/Pop Quiz (EASY!): Which former Power Ranger is the English Voice Actor for many popluar Anime Characters such as Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach) and Lelouch Vi Brittania (Code Geass)? You may use his real name or his name when he was on the show in your answer.

Without cheating and looking it up on IMDb, I'm going to guess Johnny Young Bosch.
I've only heard his work in Persona 4, but I heard he does have a big involvement in voice acting.
Spoiler: Do a nice thing today,
Give your computer some love. <3

Jury Duty

Coppo wrote:
Brendan2k5 wrote:

Without cheating and looking it up on IMDb, I'm going to guess Johnny Young Bosch.
I've only heard his work in Persona 4, but I heard he does have a big involvement in voice acting.

DING DING DING DING DING!

Johnny Young Bosch is the correct answer ^_^

JYB is also the English Voice Actor for Vash The Stampede (Trigun), Emil Castigar and Ratatosk (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World/Knights of Ratatosk), Yukimora Sanada (Senboku Basara: Samurai Kings) as well as many, many others =D

Anyone wanna take a stab at trying to answer the other one?

In the meantime, here's three other trivia questions:

3. True or False: Thuay Trung, Austin St. John, Walter Jones and Amy Jo Johnson (Trini, Jason, Zack and Kimberly) were "suddenly" written out of the show because contract negotiations fell through.

4. During the Ninja Ranger Arc, it's first revealed Tommy is Native American (which is revisited during the Alien Ranger Arc and again during the Zeo Series). What tribe is he from?

5. Which of the original Power Rangers appeared in both Motion Picture Films (MMPR The Movie and Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie)?
I CHOOSE YOU!

「これが、モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」

3. True. They wanted more money and the studio didn't want to give it to them, as far as I can recall. And for the record, the correct spelling of her name is Thuy Trang. =p
4. Can't remember. Trueheart?
5. Jason, Kim, and Tommy (debatable because Tommy was a Sixth Ranger in the first few seasons). Memory's hazy on whether Billy appeared on both, just one, or not at all.
If videogames make murderers, then guns kill people and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
MyAnimeList | My PW/AA Stuff and Translations | My fic thread

The Potatoe's NOT a lie!! *cheers*

Location: Having fun in the land of potatoes! (Ahh! Potatobadger!)

Shiki Tohno wrote:
3. True. They wanted more money and the studio didn't want to give it to them, as far as I can recall. And for the record, the correct spelling of her name is Thuy Trang. =p
5. Jason, Kim, and Tommy (debatable because Tommy was a Sixth Ranger in the first few seasons). Memory's hazy on whether Billy appeared on both, just one, or not at all.

5. Actually, if memory serves Jason was never in the first movie. But I do think Billy was in both, though he gave his mantle as the Blue Ranger to the kid in Turbo, if my memory does serve well.

Ben Credable (PI) wrote:
Shiki Tohno wrote:

5. Actually, if memory serves Jason was never in the first movie. But I do think Billy was in both, though he gave his mantle as the Blue Ranger to the kid in Turbo, if my memory does serve well.

:hold it:

Actually Billy was only in the first movie as he left partway through Zeo. Also Rocky was the blue ranger who gave his position to Justin in the Turbo movie.
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

Jury Duty

...Yeah only Tommy, Kimberly and Adam appeared in both movies.

It's funny how they didn't want to pay 'em more and yet later on Saban called on Austin to make recurring cameons as recently as in Wild Force. Forever Red is still considered by alot of folks to be right up there in terms of the All-Time Greatest Episodes in Power Rangers if not the greatest. Me personally, you'd only get that episode it if you watched Power Rangers up to that point since you're seeing all of the Red Rangers up to then.

...And then two sagas later, Tommy returns AGAIN first as advisor and then Power Ranger in Dino Thunder. I think it's easy to guess which is more than worthy of being called the Greatest Power Ranger alive.

By the way Jason David Frank really is Native American. I read somewhere I decided to reveal his heritage in the show after learning more about his heritage at the time for personal reasons. Dunno if that's actually true but that's what I read years ago.

Now about this other unanswered question:

Quote:
True or False: The original Power Rangers were meant to represent specific sterotypes.

It's True:

Black Ranger: Self-Explanatory
Pink Ranger: Classic Gymnast Overachiever (Amy Jo Johnson was 18+ when the series premered I think?)
Blue Ranger: Textbook Nerd/Genius. Originally, he was supposed to be a Gay Teen. It wasn't revealed until after he left the show but David Yoast really is Gay. He kept it in the closet so he could stay on as a cast member obviously.
Yellow Ranger: Self-Explanatory.
Red Ranger: Self-Expanatory.

For obvious reasons Fox wouldn't allow them to do it as originally planned because the public wasn't ready for something like that in the U.S. More so since children was the target audience. Hell, even today it would generate alot of controversy.
I CHOOSE YOU!

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Mighty Morph'n Power Rangers was likely my second fandom. Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends would be my first. I seem to remember Rita Repulsa being my favorite villain. I remember growing up wondering why they always resorted to using the Mega Zord to off the episode's villain. I mean, what's the point in having 5-7 individual Zords if they're never used separately other then to combine. I mostly watched the shows for the giant robot battles.

Speaking of which, for the first time I watched the first Power Rangers movie on netflix the other day.

I was... um... not particularly impressed. The 6 rangers never split up or had any form of conflict of interests. It was like watching one character being played by 6 actors. So the linear writing stabbed my suspension of disbelief. (A very dangerous condition, it causes me to divert my mental energies from enjoying the movie to deconstructing the movie's structor. When the combat scenes followed in order and verbatim my internal outline (Fight mooks as human, fight mooks as Rangers, Fight boss as Zords, Fight boss as Mega Zord sans Tommy, Fight Boss as MegaZord + Tommy) I ceased to enjoy the movie.

Does that even count as a spoiler?
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios