Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 3[ 96 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Persona 4: The animation (Isn't it AWESOME?!)Topic%20Title

Witness my stand... FOUGHT THE LAW!!!

Well, the title already tells you what I'll tell you about. But still...

I'm really happy to tell you guys (Having checked there's not a topic for this already) that there is going to be a Persona 4 Anime!!!

As far as I've checked it's scheduled for October (just month not day)... as of now there have been spontaneous releases of trailers (Currently 11 trailers) that curiously fit the pattern of the days in which you watch the midnight channel. The producers took a lot of measures to ensure that it is a real persona 4 anime. They have the EXACT same voice actors from the game (And Drama Cd for the main character), they have Shoji Meguro composing the OST with an already showed to the public opening called "Sky's the limit" sung by shihoko hirata and lyrics made by Lotus Juice.

I thank god it's nothing like Persona: trinity soul...

The images shown looks great, there are already some voices heard so you can be sure they sound the same.

Another thing (that made me go apeshit BTW is the fact that) not only the main characters of the game (Except for Naoto Shirogane, who acording to the pattern should be in a trailer in September 15th) but also the secondary characters like Daisuke Nagase, Kou Ichijou, Ai Ebihabara and hopefully some other characters from the Social Links will be seen.

These are the sites where you can get more info about it... also be sure to check out the trailers once in a while in youtube or in the official site of the anime.

http://www.mayonaka-tv.jp/
http://www.p4a.jp/
http://twitter.com/P4_A

Hope you like this bit of info. Comments, expectations, fears and everything is very welcomed...

See ya all.
Thanks. It was, is and always will be a pleasure.
"Getting into law school will make you realize how fucking bonkers these games are... like REALLY"
Re: Persona 4: The animation (Isn't it AWESOME?!)Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

It IS Awesome

I've been getting into the mindset for it the last few days. Playing that pretty awesome opening theme over and over in my head again (I especially like how it incorporates a tiny bit of the original opening theme in it).

And really Daisuke and Kou are gonna be in it?! That's brilliant XD a great little story line.
Though what I really wonder about is how is protaganist going to be? Since he's voiced and named :yuusaku:

Also will they stick with Izanagi or actually give him multiple persona ability?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The MC? Well I remember it's the same voice actor from the Drama cd's and personally I think he'll be a Yandere (That how it's written? just know how to write Tsundere) because of how he never changes his mood radically.

What refers to his persona I assume they'll stick to Izanagi... it's like the mangas of persona that were released. In the one of P3 they stuck with Orpheus and here I think they won't change it. But if they do I hope they do it right becuase it's a lot of work to assign a whole lot of personas to this... this is not pokemon.

Now something I thought... I want the anime to have pairings. It'll crush many hearts XD but it should be worth it.
"Getting into law school will make you realize how fucking bonkers these games are... like REALLY"

Gettin' Old!

Dunno man bet he'll get pretty intense towards the end.
Not that sticking to Izanagi is a bad thing, truth be told I kept Izanagi as long as I could cause he was so cool XD.

As for protaganist pairing off with someone....I don't know....Rise would certainly appreciate it if they got together but thinking about it they would really be crushing fans hearts once they released the anime.

Kanji x Naoto all the way! :garyuu:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Obviously... but I mean yandere for something. Different from a Tsundere a Yandere is the one who's normally himself/herself always, not like the Tsundere who, put under certain circumstances changes his/her attitude. That's why I'm saying even though he could get "intense" near the ending, he would normally be calm.

I think so too... but sometimes I like to imagine it with Yukiko... or the other social link girls like Yumi (Not Ayane) or maybe Ai (hardly). Obviously leaving ChieXYosuke and KanjiXNaoto.

Let's see... Also I forgot it! Moron King... Morooka, Mitsuo Kubo and (Holy shit go fuck yourself in the ass you disgusting detective) Tohru Adachi.

Something else... oh yeah, something I've been discussing with my friend who also is looking forward to this: "How many chapters do you think it may have?"

For me... I'm guessing about 25 or so. Or if they push it a little bit more to make it longer in the GOOD WAY (I hate some long animes which I'll not name for respect to the people who watch them) I'd say 50 at much... 1 more and I say: "Blow it up your ASS, Atlus"

Gettin' Old!

I don't know...they could make it just shorter than a year. I mean I imagine the in-dungeon sequences might take even multiple days with an episode ending on a cliffhanger after say...shadow Yosuke reveals himself.

But then again I can see the show blitzing through some days, the tests and probably the camp scenes being contained in one episode.

Also I liked Adachi XD Wonder if he'll have the same voice as the protagonist again.
Though I really hope he doesn't go for Yumi (drama queen) or Ai (Demon child) personally I can see them leaving protagonist in the friend zone for everything just to avoid stepping on toes and negative feedback.

Though I don't know if Persona 4 has a fierce shipping fanbase like the kind Ace Attorney does so maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to stomp down on some people's pairings.

Though Chie and Yosuke wasn't really canon I got a more childhood best friends feel from them.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I'm also curious as to how they'll characterize the MC in the anime. Aside from one or two traits present throughout the game, such as being calm in stressful situations and supporting his friends as a "Team Mom" of sorts, how he speaks in the game is decided by the dialogue trees. You could make him be sympathetic, a jerk or even a mute. Which idiolect they decide to go with in the anime is what I look forward to seeing.

It seemed to me that in the game he's more of a blank slate, naturally to make the player feel more personally involved. This'd naturally be harder to replicate in the anime, so will they give him a flaw? If they try to do the same as the game, and it's not done right, he might appear to be unsympathetic.
Spoiler: Do a nice thing today,
Give your computer some love. <3

Gettin' Old!

Coppo wrote:
I'm also curious as to how they'll characterize the MC in the anime. Aside from one or two traits present throughout the game, such as being calm in stressful situations and supporting his friends as a "Team Mom" of sorts, how he speaks in the game is decided by the dialogue trees. You could make him be sympathetic, a jerk or even a mute. Which idiolect they decide to go with in the anime is what I look forward to seeing.

It seemed to me that in the game he's more of a blank slate, naturally to make the player feel more personally involved. This'd naturally be harder to replicate in the anime, so will they give him a flaw? If they try to do the same as the game, and it's not done right, he might appear to be unsympathetic.

Well yeah he's the number 0, empty yet full of infinite possibilities.
I doubt they'll screw up his personality that much, I mean even in game some opinions are guided to an extent, there's always things protaganist decides for himself to an extent right?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I refuse to change my avatar

So...This wasn't some sort of cruel joke.....Must....Resist....Urge...to watch....Must....Find...Job.
Thank you Delsy for the Awesome Game Over Sig! If you're still here, I still love it!

Gettin' Old!

Game Over wrote:
So...This wasn't some sort of cruel joke.....Must....Resist....Urge...to watch....Must....Find...Job.

Well it's not out yet...think it comes out...september?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I refuse to change my avatar

Pierre wrote:
Game Over wrote:

Well it's not out yet...think it comes out...september?

Phew, But If I watch one trailer....Which I so want to do....
Thank you Delsy for the Awesome Game Over Sig! If you're still here, I still love it!

It comes out in October. In september as I said earlier (pay some attention to what I said damn it!) the trailer with naoto will PROBABLY be shown. Something funny... besides youtube and other sites the only place you can watch those trailers is at the official site at MIDNIGHT... I know it's kinda dumb but it's a nice detail... seriously.

As for the duration, now it's confirmed, there will be 26 chapters.

Now, onto the way the MC will be... I think he'll be the kind guy from the Drama cd's, there he normally is quiet but when he talks he is calm, kind (He even praises Kanji's intelligence for some stuff), and also funny for some stuff.

It's like the... ideal heroe.

Gettin' Old!

The Gary Stu?

And 26 chapters as in....26 arcs or 26 episodes?
It's going to be quite short lived if it's only 26 episodes....I mean...fights and days are just gonna blaze by to cram it all in in that time.

Also a very nice detail how the trailers are shown on the midnight channel
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Well yeah. Who are we kidding? it's shorter than a hunger strike done by a fat man.

But, let's look at the bright side... 26 episodes (Sorry if chapters sounded weird) mean they will NOT prolong with useless stuff, besides it's safe to assume they will make dungeons together with the boss fights no longer than 3 chapters except for Namatame and Adachi's dungeon and probably "Void Quest" (Mitsuo's dungeon) might last... what? one or two?

At least it's good to have those things assured for the anime.

And what do you mean with: "The Gary Stu"?

I'm just here for the Butterbeer.

I'd actually seen one of the teaser trailers a few months back and I was super excited... then I completely forgot.
When I saw this topic, I turned on my PS2 and started working through the new game plus I'd abandoned for P4 last year. 77% of that compendium is complete and I'm still goin' BD

Gettin' Old!

Wanacoba wrote:
Well yeah. Who are we kidding? it's shorter than a hunger strike done by a fat man.

But, let's look at the bright side... 26 episodes (Sorry if chapters sounded weird) mean they will NOT prolong with useless stuff, besides it's safe to assume they will make dungeons together with the boss fights no longer than 3 chapters except for Namatame and Adachi's dungeon and probably "Void Quest" (Mitsuo's dungeon) might last... what? one or two?

At least it's good to have those things assured for the anime.

And what do you mean with: "The Gary Stu"?

I don't know a good number of days could be spent social linking and having those precious moments. An 80 hour game compressed into....13 hours assuming the episodes are 30 minutes. 26 still feels really small.

But Gary Stu...or is it Gary Sue....is a perfect character with no flaws to my understanding.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

A Gary Stu is the male version of a Mary Sue. Like Pierre said, it is essentially a "perfect character". A character with no flaws. What makes these characters bad is that they're so perfect that they're unrelatable, and become very quickly unlikable by the audience.

Character flaws seem to be prominent in Persona 4, particularly with the whole Shadow side being based on each character's secret or hidden side. This heavily contributes to the characters being so endearing and realistic.

Blank slate characters work in games because they project the player as said blank slate, making you free to choose what they do and how they behave. Like I said before though, this is going to be harder to do in anime. It makes fixing the problems of your social link friends feel like an achievement, because you're personally helping them through it. I hope this feeling doesn't get replaced with a sense of following a Gary Stu when we see the MC help them out without our involvement.

I hope they get it right, because what with the social links on top of the main story, it looks like we'll be following the perspective of the MC for almost every scene. And watching the entire anime from the perspective on an unlikable main character can very quickly butcher the show.

I'm not saying it's likely, and I have faith in Atlus. Their games have been top notch, and I'm sure the quality will remain with this anime adaption. Still, 'what if' thoughts like this are on my mind.

Gettin' Old!

Possible soul crushing evidence:

I heard the Persona 3 spinoff 'trinity soul' anime sucked.

However I've not seen it myself to check...

Still there was occasional jerk moments from the protagonist, he wouldn't always be nice, would yell at someone if they really needed sorting out. Plus he's not exactly perfect, he's fun and friendly but if the games are anything to go by he's not above cheating on his girlfriend XD.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Just another day.

im excited about the anime...as for the 26 episodes...Ive heard possibility of 2 seasons...though I wouldn't take that as a fact...anyways even if its only 26 I can see it possible...though its a matter of how much time is devoted to each part or what gets cut out.

and yes pierre the persona 3 spinoff was terrible...

Gettin' Old!

Cold52 wrote:
im excited about the anime...as for the 26 episodes...Ive heard possibility of 2 seasons...though I wouldn't take that as a fact...anyways even if its only 26 I can see it possible...though its a matter of how much time is devoted to each part or what gets cut out.

The spinoff was also only 26 (or 29?) episodes which makes me think it might be in two seasons after all I should hope they'd give more time to a proper anime adaptation than an anime spinoff of a game.

However doesn't fill me with confidence about the anime, though the trailer looks rocking.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Just another day.

Pierre wrote:
Cold52 wrote:

The spinoff was also only 26 (or 29?) episodes which makes me think it might be in two seasons after all I should hope they'd give more time to a proper anime adaptation than an anime spinoff of a game.

However doesn't fill me with confidence about the anime, though the trailer looks rocking.

well if your worried ill let you know unlike trinity souls its being worked on with some of the actual persona team (this includes shoji meguro the guy who makes the music of the persona games and the original voice actors for the game)
and trinity souls really feel like it had much to do with persona 3 at all.

then again it could fail...but id rather stay optimistic about it.

Gettin' Old!

Well I played it in English so it's no difference to me unless they actually go and translate it sometime.
Though I did hear Shoji was running the stuff and the original voice actors may have a better grasp of what the characters are like? Though I can't honestly say if VA's bond with characters at all. It'll at least keep the tone the same. Yosuke will still be a homophobic tool and Naoto will still be the most epic girl around.

How long you reckon before a fansub would become available?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Just another day.

Pierre wrote:
How long you reckon before a fansub would become available?

well most subs usually take a week before a group picks it up...but I can guerentee with personas popularity well probably see it subbed in a day or three from showing on tv...then again it does depend on the group picking it up.

Well... seems like some talking got done in my abscence hahaha.

Well, yeah as far as to what 26 episodes mean is quite hard to say as it could mean: too short or enough. That referring (as others said) to how much time they give to each part including the S links and battles and parts dedicated for stupid stuff that we love in some moments of persona 4's history (the camp, trip to tatsumi port island, etc.)

About the kind of guy the MC will be... Yeah maybe a goody two shoes wouldn't be the kind of MC we'd want... and as far as we know the MC DOES have some issues (his family and constantly moving from place to place that makes him not rely on others or become close to them) which have sense for him to face when you get Izanagi No Okami. And yes, there are moments he can get angry or do something wrong...

Fansub's are fast as long as the anime in question is popular and Persona 4 being what it is and all the advertising it has so far and to come until it's release... I'd say it won't take long to see subs.

What I forgot is when the 12th trailer is released... as far as the midnight channel pattern refers to. Does anyone remember the date?

I was replaying it just now, and I thought I should take note of the date Naoto appears on the Midnight Channel.

September 14th.

I haven't been pinpointing the exact date previous trailers appear, whether it's during their fuzzy silhouette days or the clear cut shadow clip days. The date above is the first appearance as a fuzzy silhouette, so the trailer might be out a couple days later.

97% OF THE COMPENDIUM WHOOT... which means Margaret can use them too. I should've thought this out more.

Anyways, I recently saw this trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si1I_ySrmoE
(not sure when this one came out; I'm not too good with keeping track of these) It shows more of Yosuke and this is one of the first trailers where I got a better look at the animation, and it is BEAUTIFUL. The song "Sky's the Limit" is pretty catchy, so it'll probably be the opening song.

About that 26 episode run, do you think they'll cut out the other social links completely? (Like Ai, the basketball/soccer guys, and the drama/music girls) Or I dunno, just place them as extras to make a reference? I'm thinking they'll be pretty much gone considering the short amount of episodes and sheer tons of plot to get through, though I'm worried as to how they'll fit the character development from the social links or if they'll just rely on what happens to them in their dungeons. Just my current thoughts...

Gettin' Old!

Jade wrote:
97% OF THE COMPENDIUM WHOOT... which means Margaret can use them too. I should've thought this out more.

Anyways, I recently saw this trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si1I_ySrmoE
(not sure when this one came out; I'm not too good with keeping track of these) It shows more of Yosuke and this is one of the first trailers where I got a better look at the animation, and it is BEAUTIFUL. The song "Sky's the Limit" is pretty catchy, so it'll probably be the opening song.

About that 26 episode run, do you think they'll cut out the other social links completely? (Like Ai, the basketball/soccer guys, and the drama/music girls) Or I dunno, just place them as extras to make a reference? I'm thinking they'll be pretty much gone considering the short amount of episodes and sheer tons of plot to get through, though I'm worried as to how they'll fit the character development from the social links or if they'll just rely on what happens to them in their dungeons. Just my current thoughts...

I'm still doubting they could fit it all into 26 episodes..

Also holy hell Igor got scary XD.
Though it's apparently confirmed some social linking will take place as Daisuke and....ball lover...on the sports teams are in it.
Though Ai deserves to be cut....and not just from the animation.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

new trailer! Now we hear more voice samples from everyone and a lot more exposition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOhkqf5qulE&feature=channel_video_title

My friend says she hopes they'll do something different for the series because a rehash of the same story would be boring; however, it's obviously going to be the same story. The changes are gonna be the interesting part because they'll have to severely amputate all the small sidequests of the story (except for Kou, who according to the trailer has his own bishie sparkles) and provide some sort of characterization for the main character.

The voices are gonna take some getting used to for me; Chie's voice seems kinda high to me and I find Teddie MUCH more annoying in Japanese than in English. I can't wait till it's dubbed *-*

Gettin' Old!

Jade wrote:
new trailer! Now we hear more voice samples from everyone and a lot more exposition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOhkqf5qulE&feature=channel_video_title

My friend says she hopes they'll do something different for the series because a rehash of the same story would be boring; however, it's obviously going to be the same story. The changes are gonna be the interesting part because they'll have to severely amputate all the small sidequests of the story (except for Kou, who according to the trailer has his own bishie sparkles) and provide some sort of characterization for the main character.

The voices are gonna take some getting used to for me; Chie's voice seems kinda high to me and I find Teddie MUCH more annoying in Japanese than in English. I can't wait till it's dubbed *-*

Amputate all the sidequests? Daisuke and Ai shown up there as well. Looks like Narukumi is going down the Sports club pathway though hopefully he'll punch that stupid Ai and her Moon arcana in the face.

Though if the series really is only 26 episodes I'll be disappointed....depends on the length but I don't think you can cover the Sports club sidequests and the characters in such a short space of time.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRXCacabi00

It airs today. Granted, the majority of us will have to wait until it's subbed, but if you want to watch it for its pacing and sequences and not the dialog, you've not long to wait now!

Gettin' Old!

Coppo wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRXCacabi00

It airs today. Granted, the majority of us will have to wait until it's subbed, but if you want to watch it for its pacing and sequences and not the dialog, you've not long to wait now!

Welp dunno where I'd manage to watch it but at least some of our Japanese cousins will be able to tell us if it seems like it's going to bomb or rock soon.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Check out the first episode subbed.
Spoiler: Episode one impresssions
My impressions? Well, it's like fast-forwarding through the first two hours of the game with some changes here and there. The thing I really liked was the bumper displaying Yuu's status. Aside from that the MC doesn't talk much.

Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

Gettin' Old!

javadoz wrote:
Check out the first episode subbed.
Spoiler: Episode one impresssions
My impressions? Well, it's like fast-forwarding through the first two hours of the game with some changes here and there. The thing I really liked was the bumper displaying Yuu's status. Aside from that the MC doesn't talk much.

Gorram thing isn't available in the UK it says.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I found it on our favourite video sharing site.

Spoiler: Response to Episode 1 impressions
I agree, it did seem rather rushed. For those who have played it, it's obvious that they skipped a day or two, though this may not occur to new viewers. The dialogue on the other hand did appear rushed. Particularly Nanako's scene at home. She sings the Junes song and immediately takes off to run a bath without explaining why she's singing it.

On the other hand, I'm interested in seeing how they try to rework some scenes to make them go by quicker. Saki Konishi's scene with the team for example, now depicts Yosuke having already planned a date and asked her out, which I thought was a nice spin on things.

Since they were keen to get to the first action point in the story (summoning Izanagi), I do worry about the pacing of future episodes. What if they're determined to end every episode from now with a climax ending, that it ends up sacrificing some important or amusing points in the story to get to it quickly?

Gettin' Old!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti245sHGqOA

Your link is down, can't guarantee mine will still be around when people click on it. Youtube is cracking down.

I thought it was pretty good. This series will appeal most to people who've played the games so I don't think it matters if they miss some parts since the gamers will fill in the blanks from their memory.

If they want to end every episode with some cool action scene I don't think it'd be so bad. Enough sub-bosses and the like. I mean...what like...9..10 dungeons total? That's time for some more fun social event episodes (the camp trip) that don't need combat and stuff.

Though I really hope it's not simply 26 episodes long would be too short for my liking.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Some time has passed and now 3 chapters are out... I'll still use the spoiler tag though.

Spoiler:
Well, being a P4 fan I've loved the anime so far. Yes, the first episode was kinda rushed and it skipped or even pretend things from the game didn't happen. But we can't expect them to be for like 4 episodes (2 hours aprox) introducing everything. Given the time they had to make the episode, it's a good summary of everything going on. The animation is awesome as well as the music, some changes were nice like the date with Saki and everything. That's the general, now to the punctual...

I wasn't shocked or dissapointed due to the silence of Narukami... it's fitting if it is the fisrt episode. Also the fact that the awakening of Izanagi came while Chie was there (unconscious but still...) is interesting... but I so loved the fact he got to Inaba being like super tight and once he awakened his persona he opened his jacket, terribly unnecesary but it was awesome. The battles were as I imagined... kinda like Yu Gi Oh... they fight and the personas get hit but they still feel the pain. And I so love how Morooka is in the anime, a real capital A kind of asshole with moral talking and blah blah. And Teddy was sure fast... it was like "Hey take this glasses... Oh boy! Shadows, byeeee!" and that was Teddie.

Episode 2 was nice... I couldn't avoid giggling like a 10 year old when I noticed his stats went up XD. Go courage! Now Shadow Yosuke wasn't just the "Stupid looking boss" as the famous Hiimdaisy comics depicted him as. It was rather cool in here, and proved to look like a real challenge. I find disturbing how fast Chie accepted their apologies, and to make a joke with it no less. But still, it does have to go fast so there's nothing to complain about.

I found episode 3 my favorite so far. The intro was great (Though I read the comment of some ASS who said the dog thing never happened... jerk) The situation with swords at the food court cracked me up as it did in the game. I figured out how things are going to be for the S links (I think): Narukami will join Basketball because the one inviting was Kou not Daisuke, and that'll be Strenght, he'll join the band instead of drama (OH GOD WHY!? I EFFFFING LOVE YUMIIII AGGHHHH!!!!) as she appeared placing the advertisement for the club; later they'll make a full episode dedicated to each link that'll end with a solution. And only now I noticed how Narukami was making Origami (the reason why understanding went up? XD) besides that the search for Yukiko was great, awesome small battles with Yosuke summoning like he did in the game... (But I'm no longer expecting weapons to be used... only the personas). The fight with the "Dominatrix Banana Head" oh... yeah, Shadow Chie (Damn you Hiimdaisy!) was awesome. And in the end they did bring multiple personas! I was very excited when I saw Pyro Jack appear (Or Jack O'Lantern for the ones who want to go only for the anime name) and seeing Yosuke a bit jealous made me think that the possibility of the evolution of the personas is plausible (Remember how yosuke's S link went in the end). But yeah... that's mostly it.
Oh... but I also loved the ending with the arcana cards appearing according to the chapter.

One thing more fan than critic from me is that I'm thinking of the might-be-couples in the anime. I'm thinking mainly of YosukeXChie (Duh, obvious), Narukami could be with Yukiko, Ayane, Rise or Ai (though Ai is likely to be with Kou or Daisuke), I imagine a KanjiXNaoto (it'll be evident but not accomplished)...

And that's everything I had to say about that... hope you read everything, too long! Too big reviews are baaad for the eyes! XD

I expect your thoughts! :edgy:

Gettin' Old!

My god....the understanding...the origami...I never noticed that.

Fine I'll do one of them criticism things

Spoiler: Episode 1
Protag being reasonably silent I thought was fine (also given his current stats seems fitting for a meek new boy in a school). I love watching for all the little things like COMPLETELY NORMAL GAS STATION ATTENDANT...who is now a man for some reason. Also Chie being there for Izanagi's awakening didn't bother me at all though I thought it was hilarious to see her get licked unconscious XD. Though I agree with the whole spirit energy thing but it makes sense anyway....technically he should have to expend health everytime his persona gets physical so it's a tradeoff.

Spoiler: Episode 2
This one was important as it was the first of the real 'awakening' boss battles. Loved to hear they kept the music exactly the same I also liked how it worked out. It's not that the person falls unconscious when their shadow grows strong it's that they are helpless and the Shadow tries to destroy them then. It makes more sense seeing as the random bouts of unconsciousness were never really explained in game. They also cover the battle really well since the target is still alive it becomes an entire battle of realisation whereas before all the stuff would be before and after the fight. Also Protag punching Yosuke? S Rank 10 came about pretty quickly XD. All in all pretty good and a nice little gimmick about the cards in the ending sequence.

Spoiler: Episode 3
Agreed this one is the best of them. For starters the flashback with the dog is cute and heartwarming and provides a small hint at Yukiko's ridiculous laughter fits. Plus y'know the arresting scene was also really funny but yes it tackles an important point. Sneaking weapons under your school uniforms is ridiculous XD. Though they made it a touch more serious when Chie shows up to throttle poor poor innocent Adachi. They battle was also epic since I did not think they'd bother with persona switching in. Though on my anime the subtitles still called him Pyro Jack. I wonder whether they'll actually upgrade the personas over time or depending on the situation or will Pyro Jack be the ONE magician arcana he'll get? Also the all out attack was a really nice touch I thought XD. Keeping the elemental attacks the same and almost officially confirming Yosuke kinda sucks with his persona since he got beat pretty badly this fight.

If there is going to be 26 episodes.... think there might be 26 arcana. Possible one social link a day? Ending with the World of course.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Oh man, I had a laughing fit when I saw the origami and then saw his understanding go up. I agree, episode 3 is probably the best so far because the first two were pretty much rushing through to get caught up; I feel like from this point, it'll have much better pacing.
Lol, that moment when he punches Yosuke... I totally thought it was one of those "snap out of it and deal with it, this is srs bsns" BFF punches, but then he's all *didn't mean to do that* XD
Also, is it just me or do they just take the most amusing choices of dialogue from the game you can make for the MC?
Like...
Spoiler: episode 3
When the MC sticks his hand in the TV and Teddie bites it, Chie's like, "are you ok?"
and he just answers, "... it's making me cry .__." I had to pause it for a moment to finish laughing.

Oh and on the subtitle thing,
Spoiler: episode 3
the subtitles do say Pyro Jack, probably because those subbing it are familiar with the localization and want to keep it consistent, but the MC is saying "Jack-o-lantern" when he summons it.
... I should be calling him Narukami now. GAH.

Gettin' Old!

He'll always be Charlie Tunoku plain old Protag for me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I do admit that the series is getting better now we aren't skipping around scenes from the game and even adding ones in (Yosuke's shadow, Chie and Yukiko). I love that Yu is even getting a little more of a personality (maybe having to do with his social stats increasing, or that's just me).
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.
Page 1 of 3 [ 96 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios