Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

Star Trek Into DarknessTopic%20Title

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

As a hardcore star trek fan who likes generally all of the series (although I never really got into Deep Space 9) I'm pretty excited about the new movie. Anyone else here getting anxious for the release in the next couple of weeks (depending on where you live)?
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Re: Star Trek Into DarknessTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Hmm that's interesting, I didn't think Hardcore Star Trek fans liked the new era films.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!

I'm a pretty big Trek fan, DS9 being my favourite (though TNG's not far behind) and I like the new Star Trek, too. Not least because of Karl Urban's performance as Bones, hell the casting in general. Only thing that sucks about the new film is that it's coming out slap-bang in the middle of exams. And the trailers are showing too much of the film.

Oops, Technical Issue. Sorry for the double Post. My post below is the one to keep.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Last edited by D.A. McCoy on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pierre wrote:
Hmm that's interesting, I didn't think Hardcore Star Trek fans liked the new era films.

I know some people seem to be put off by the high action-to-thinking-about-things-on-the-ship ratio, and I understand that, but there were plenty of "non-intelligent"/action episodes and films of classic Trek, so I think a lot of people make a bigger deal out of it than it really is.

I've been a trek fan since I was a kid (1990's) and I thought the 2009 film was the best film yet. The way they rebooted the franchise and reinvigorated it and at the same time providing closure to "Old" Spock's Romulan story (that just kind of disappeared in the 90's) was awesome.

It also helps I'm an even bigger Star Wars fan, so I feel right at home with the high-action tempo of the new films. And Star Trek is popular again, something that I didn't really think would happen.

Hylian100 wrote:
And the trailers are showing too much of the film.

I know! and the official "clips" are even worse! The newest one gave away a hint that to a really hardcore fan gives the identity of Benedict Cumberbatch completely away.

Ace Sidekick!

Saw a trailer last night and it looks awesome...And I never even watched Star Trek.

Emiko Gale wrote:
Saw a trailer last night and it looks awesome...And I never even watched Star Trek.

That's what's great about the new films. They attract the old fans (or at least fans like me) and are appealing to newcomers who might have found classic Trek a little slow or confusing in the amount of history you had to know.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I was kinda disappointed with the opening scene. If Kirk
Spoiler:
sent a Redshirt into the Nibiran volcano instead of Spock, HE WOULDN'T HAVE LOST THE GODDAMN ENTERPRISE!!!

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios