Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 1[ 1 post ]

Blade RunnerTopic%20Title

Directed by Ridley Scott, Blade Runner was a dazzling achievement in science fiction film-making when it was first released to audiences in 1982. Effects years ahead of their time, astounding set design, great acting, amazing technology, and so much more; the film was nothing short of groundbreaking, paving the way for the cyberpunk sci-fi genre. Blade Runner was also the first of its kind: a movie that combined all the elements of 1940s film noir with hard science fiction. Simply put, it's a masterpiece that anyone who has even the slightest appreciation for the genre should absolutely see. Unfortunately, due to being overshadowed by other bigger pictures (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, E.T. the Extraterrestrial) and having many studio-imposed changes that greatly detracted from the film, Blade Runner was mostly shunned by audiences at the time, while earning a disappointing box office return. Luckily, through several home video releases on a variety of different formats; Ridley Scott's sci-fi neo-noir finally earned the reputation it deserved and now ranks as one of the best films, sci-fi or otherwise, ever made.

With this film being one of my personal favorites, I though that I'd make a thread about it. What are your thoughts on the film? I'd also like this to be a place where Blade Runner's various themes can be discussed. I'll ask one of the most hotly debated questions surrounding the film. Do any of you think that Rick Deckard was actually a Replicant? What's your take on the whole "message" of the movie?

I look forward to hearing your responses!
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios