Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 2[ 52 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sailor MoonTopic%20Title

Almost any anime-watcher alive during the nineties knows this one. It's a Magical Girl Shojo series that defined them all, despite there being Shojo beforehand. After all, Cutie Honey was first made in the 1970s and that influenced Sailor Moon somewhat.
Funnily enough, when Cutie Honey Flash was made later on, it was influenced by Sailor Moon!

The story of 14 year old crybaby Tsukino Usagi becoming a fighting Sailor Soldier named Sailor Moon and gaining comrades named after the other planets of the solar system is pretty well-known. Fighting against evil forces that all want the Silver Crystal or bring about the end of the world, with a little romance put into it.

The Anime and Manga versions are very different, with some difference in characterization, which I will blame slightly on the producer Kunihiko Ikuhara. He is known for his love for yuri and he admits it himself, even that he absolutely hated Mamoru and would have loved Usagi to end up with Rei. The anime changed things, like Mamoru being actually much more of a distant person and actually breaking up with Usagi in the 2nd Season.
Something that never happened in the manga.
Yeah, yeah, he broke up with her for a reason, but considering he was the dickcheese that wouldn't explain anything about that, he's still a dick.

Differences between the manga are some pretty big ones, which make one or the other inferior at times. The manga was a lot more fast paced, none of the enemies lasted very long - Jadeite got burned in the third chapter when Mars appears, Nephrite gets fried by Jupiter and such. It keeps the pace going, but the anime gave some of them more time - Nephrite and Naru even got to a somewhat romantic stage, giving him more character development and having a rather sad ending for them.

In the manga, Usagi actually matured pretty fast as a soldier. She got her powers, she took responsibility and stepped up to the position of leader of the soldiers and eventually becoming queen of the world at age 22, up until the 30th Century in Crystal Tokyo. The final image is of how strong Usagi had become as Sailor Moon and be a brightly shining star. (Yes, Sailor Stars was a bit heavy on that star thing...)

The anime, on the other hand, hit a reset button every other season. The girls were reborn and their memories wiped, resulting in all character development being lost. This resulted in Usagi still being somewhat of a crybaby, even towards the end of the series. The final monologue of hers is how she is 16 year old Tsukino Usagi, but is also Sailor Moon - meaning that, despite becoming Sailor Moon, she was still just a normal girl. While this is nice, it does ruin the idea of her being a strong leader.

While I overall like the manga better than the anime, there is one thing I think that the anime did better than the manga. The 4th Season - SuperS/Dream Arc. The manga focused on Sailor Moon once again, with Helios and Chibiusa barely getting much attention. There is the scene of Usagi and Chibiusa switching age, the kiss between Helios and Chibiusa (although in the manga it was for entirely different reasons than the anime!) and it is heavily implied that Helios and Chibiusa will end up together... the focus was still on Usagi.

The anime was a lot more Chibiusa-focused and it deepened her and Helios' relationship. They talked a lot and... the kiss between them was silly... In the anime, Helios kissed Chibiusa as Pegasus and only turning into Helios afterwards, happy that she had turned back into a child for pureness of dream sake or something like that... In the manga, the kiss happened after the ages had been returned to normal and Chibiusa was distraught that Usagi was the great Sailor Moon and she was still just a child. Helios, as Helios, kisses her to calm her down. (Great message! Kiss a chick to shut her up~)
Although I do prefer the manga Teenager!Chibiusa to the anime one. The anime one's hair looks freaky.

And don't get me started on the differences in the last season/arc of the series... it changes EVERYTHING.
Well, almost everything. Practically.

Takeuchi herself actually had some strong words to say to the producers of the anime eventually. She disliked the fact that they turned the Starlights, three crossdressing women, into men during their civillian time and simply turning female again once transformed.

So why am I opening this thread? Well, since 2012 the anime had been re-aired in Italy and there has been mention of a new anime of Sailor Moon coming out! A remake/reboot of the anime, following the manga much closer than before!
I hope this means that the final uniforms will be visible no all the soldiers in the anime this time!

C-A
Re: Sailor MoonTopic%20Title

The King of All

Was the original show good? :eh?:
The king of all, Sir Duke

The cape is self-fluttering

Deadpool 9 wrote:

I can't speak for everyone, because the show did have its share of haters (though to be fair, it was mostly for the overly censored NA dub).

The show itself debuted in 1992. Within the next few years, it had made its way over to many non-Japanese folks. In 2013, I can still say the show has had a lasting impression on me, and in a good way.

Looking back, some of what CatMuto about the show's changes says makes sense. I had read up on some of the changes (mostly what was censored), and I'd also heard what Cat mentioned about the producer not being pleased with the season 5 changes. I haven't read the manga (will consider it once I have some spare cash lying around), but to this day, I couldn't tell you what Sailor Stars was all about. Speaking as a show-only viewer, it was such a bizarre season
Spoiler: season 5
with the three senshi changing sexes all the time, and Mamoru disappearing for absolutely no reason.... only for us to find out in the last couple of episodes that he had been dead the whole time. (Well, if it's true the producer hated Mamoru, I bet he was giddy as hell that entire season... even after he'd turned the guy back into Usagi's abuser.) And that last battle dragged on almost as much as the showdown with Quercus Alba. Yeah, we get it. Knock her down a million times, take away all that she holds dear, and she'll still get up and fight. Well, I don't know if there was any deviation from the manga with that particular battle, but they could have handled it better.

I have mixed feelings on the reboot, but as long as it isn't like that strange live action version, or something with completely unnecessary changes (well, more than the original, I guess), I might check it out.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Is there a tl;dr version? :shoe:
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Deadpool 9 wrote:

Well, I grew up with the German version which came out in the 90s and was a faithful, proper translation of the Japanese show. Unlike the North American version, which came out the early 2000s, we did not have censored and then non-censored Kanji, dialogue added where it wasn't originally and stupid references. We also did not get cool-slang-terms like "the bomb" or "rad" or "wicked".

So the original was... well, I'm not one to go for Nostalgia, but I can say that watching the episodes now shows the flaws. The anime was somewhat faithfully taking from the manga, except for three filler seasons that were made due to the manga not being ahead enough.

Things were changed and in ways that were not good... as I mentioned, Manga!Usagi actually matured pretty fast as a soldier, she took on the responsibility she had and stepped up as leader and everything. Anime!Usagi kept getting hit by a Reset Button, she didn't mature very much, at least not as much as her manga counterpart, which really ruins the idea that Usagi is supposedly this legendary and great Sailor Soldier.

Actually, I'll make a 2nd Post, pointing out as many differences in manga and anime as I can remember. But first of all, here's a quick summary of Sailor Stars: the new villain is Galaxia who is after real Starseeds and has sent her minions, the Animamates, out to look for them. Starseeds are basically the soul-thing of people. Real ones shine brightly, "fake" ones quickly stop shining and become black. Pointing out, real Starseeds are all carried by Sailor Soldiers and similar characters of importance. Like Mamoru. He goes off to America to study abroad, but the plane gets attacked by Galaxia and his starseed is taken. But we don't find that out until almost the end of the season.
At the same time, three new idols come into town the Three Lights, three men who also attend Usagi's school now. They are actually the Sailor Starlights, three women who come from a different planet that was destroyed by Galaxia.
Starseeds keep getting taken, eventually the soldiers all get killed by having their starseeds taken, until the only ones left alive are the Starlights, Galaxia and Sailor Moon. Chibi Chibi, a little girl that appeared and manipulated her way into Usagi's family like Chibiusa did, turns out to be Galaxia's starseed - the Light Of Hope - and wants to defeat Chaos, who has possessed Galaxia. Chibi Chibi dies, Moon uses her own starseed/Silver Crystal/Soul on her chest and tries to reach out to the last bit of Galaxia's good side.
Moon succeeds, Chaos is destroyed and everybody's taken starseeds are returned, everybody is resurrected and everything is finally happy...

And no, there is no tl;dr verision.

And I may be wrong, but I read that Kunihiro left at the beginning or end of Season 4, something about the creative meddling or whatever... I forget and I could be wrong.

C-A

Spoiler: Manga: Dark Kingdom - Anime: Season 1
Mamoru and Usagi bickered a lot less in the manga and quickly fell for each other. Mamoru was also not as cool or distant towards her. That was all made by Kunihiro and his dislike for that guy.
Incidently, Kunihiro also didn't like Chibiusa very much...

Zoisite and Kunzite are not gay lovers. Nephrite also does not fall in love with Naru.

Mamoru is in High School, not College. There is only a 2 - 4 year difference between him and Usagi.

Rei and Mamoru never go on dates. Blame Kunihiro for that anime invention.

Rei also doesn't bicker with Usagi as much as in the anime.

Venus originally posed as Princess Serenity with a crescent moon on her forehead, to fool the enemies and keep Usagi safe until she regained her memories.
This was removed in the anime, Venus joined as Venus and nothing more.

During the time of the Moon Kingdom, Endymion was fatally injured during the war. Serenity, shocked at his death and full of emotion, committed suicide.
The anime had both simply killed by Beryl's army.

Venus and the others go to the moon and speak to a hologram of Queen Serenity, learning of their past some more and obtain a sword. Venus eventually kills Beryl with that sword. The sword is completely absent from the anime. Beryl does not get killed until the last episode of the season.

Mamoru gets turned evil, actually kills Motoki's friend Endou and takes his place, manipulating everyone. He plays on Usagi's emotions and gains access to the girls' secret base which is underneath the Crown Arcade.
Changed in the Anime, Evil!Mamoru is just walking around at times and the girls have no real secret base. They just meet at Crown Arcade or Crown Parlor a lot.

During a fight with Evil!Mamoru/Endymion, Sailor Moon's only way to end this horrible thing is... to kill Endymion and then commit suicide. She even wonders if all they can do is repeat their previous lives.
Not in the anime, Endymion gets killed by Beryl protecting Moon and Moon dies at the end of the season.

Moon and Mamoru are still alive, thanks to the Silver Crystal and are inside Metallia, who is currently taking over the world. To try and save Moon and Mamoru, Venus and the others lay down their transformation pens' energy, which is practically their life, and die, helping them. Mamoru is alive, but blind. Moon uses the Silver Crystal to destroy Metallia once and for all, the Crystal's bright light heals Mamoru's eyes and Usagi dies. A kiss resurrect her.
None of that happens in the anime. The girls get axed off one-by-one, Mamoru dies at Beryl's hands and Usagi fights Beryl-Metallia on her own, but still uses the Silver Crystal to defeat her. The usage is so strong it kills Usagi, which releases the Crystal's power of resurrecting them all.

After that previous stuff in the manga, the girls are resurrected, Usagi's brooch became a new one and she and Mamoru go to the Moon, where the Moon Kingdom has been reborn. But Usagi chooses to stay simply Usagi and live on earth with Mamoru.
In the Anime, the Moon Kingdom was never reborn and the brooch doesn't change until next season.

Spoiler: Manga: Black Moon - Anime: Season 2
The entire part of Ail and Ann, the Doom Tree and such did not exist in the manga. That was a filler season made so that Naoko could draw enough of the next arc, so they could turn it into an anime.

Also, due to the differences in how the manga and anime ended, the manga did not have the girls lose their memories or Mamoru turn into the Moonlight Knight. So that whole thing just... nah, doesn't exist. Ditto on Usagi getting the Silver Crystal power during that season, she obtained that in the last chapter in the previous arc of the manga.

In the manga, Sailor Moon's new Rod is born from the love between her and Mamoru.
The anime had a memory-flashback-vision-thing of Queen Serenity give her the new rod.

Chibiusa carries a Silver Crystal around her neck, similar to a necklace that Usagi wore in the first arc. It's Usagi's Silver Crystal from the 30th Century and Chibiusa is trying to steal Usagi's 20th Century Silver Crystal.
In the anime, Chibiusa touched the 30th Century Silver Crystal and it disappeared, going inside of her body.

The four sister of the Black Moon are simply killed in the manga, but manage to capture Mercury, Mars and Jupiter to the Black Moon.
The anime purifies them into normal humans.

Due to the capture, Venus, Moon, Chibiusa and Tuxedo Mask are the only ones to go to 30th Century Crystal Tokyo and meet up with King Endymion. We find out Chibiusa is Endymion and Serenity's daughter, princess of Crystal Tokyo and actually 901 years old. Usagi gave birth and ascended the throne at age 22, the Silver Crystal basically prolonged everybody's lifespan to a good 1000 years or longer.
The anime has everybody going to 30th Century Crystal Tokyo. Exactly how old Chibiusa is isn't mentioned, but we can assume that she is not 901 years old. The Silver Crystal expanding everyone's life is also not mentioned.

Tuxedo Mask actually became action-oriented in the manga and gained an attack, with the help of King Endymion, called "Tuxedo La Smoking Bomber".
In the anime, Tuxedo Mask was a powerless guy with nothing to do except his schtick of throwing a rose, spouting phrases and sometimes helping the soldiers.

In the manga, Chibiusa is bullied and made fun of in Crystal Tokyo because she doesn't look like the Queen and has no power, despite being the daughter of a powerful Queen and Soldier.
In the anime, Chibiusa had too much power.

Diana, Chibiusa's kitten and the child of Luna and Artemis, appears.
In the anime, she doesn't show up until the fourth season.

There is no real romance hinted at between Petzite and Saphir. Saphir also does not turn good. He and Esmeraude got freaky, superstrong hands by Wiseman. Saphir tries to kill Sailor Moon, whom he blames for how his brother has changed, but fails. Eventually, he gets forced by Wiseman to attack his brother, but Demando kills him.
In the anime, Saphir turned good, distrusting Wiseman. When trying to tell his brother about how Wiseman was using him, Wiseman kills him. Cue Petzite crying.

In both versions, Demando captures Usagi and takes her to Black Moon.
In the manga, Usagi escapes, runs into Saphir who tires to kill her. Neo Queen Serenity's spirit gives Usagi power and she manages to transform and can sense Mars, Mercury and Jupiter being held prisoner close by. She gets them out.
In the anime, Usagi gets captures and Tuxedo Mask has to save her.

Chibiusa gets manipulated and taken in by Wiseman when she loses the Key of Time needed to traverse. Wiseman uses her inferiority complex and all the bullying she had to endure to turn her into Black Lady. Mamoru goes after Chibiusa and gets taken in by Black Lady.
In the anime, Wiseman manipulated Chibiusa into thinking that her parents and nobody ever loved her.

In the manga, Black Lady smacks Luna-P away, seeing it as a childish toy.
In the anime, she kept and used it, saying it was her only friend.

By the way, the kiss between Black Lady and Evil!Mamoru in the manga is real.
In the anime, just an illusion to shock Moon.

Pluto had a huge role.
Demando, after having killed Saphir and realizing that Wiseman is just using him, grabs the 20th and 30th Century Silver Crystals and plans to have them touch each other, combining them into one supreme Silver Crystal, so he could rule the world. Since both objects are actually the same - the power is consistent throughout time - this would cause a huge Paradox and destroy the Universe. Pluto, realizing that they are all doomed, breaks the highest Taboo she has as protector of Time. She stops time and tells Usagi to grab the two Crystals. Pluto dies...
In the anime, Pluto barely appeared and this didn't happen.

Pluto dying, calls out to Small Lady. Black Lady, stirred with memories of how Pluto was her only friend, shatters the control Wiseman had over her and she cries, revealing her own Silver Crystal and she grows older, becoming Sailor Chibimoon for the first time.
In the anime, Usagi has to become Neo Queen Serenity to break Chibiusa's manipulation on not being loved. The Silver Crystal inside of Chibiusa shows up and they defeat Wiseman, but Chibiusa does not manage to transform into a soldier.

Neo Queen Serenity awakens and gives the girls new power and gives Sailor Moon her third brooch. She also goes to meet Usagi at the Door of Time, despite it being forbidden and they bid farewell. Shortly afterwards, Chibiusa returns to the 20th Century, giving Usagi a new Rod and staying behind to train as a soldier.
In the anime, none of this happens...

Spoiler: Manga: Infinity Arc - Anime: Season 3
There is no search for Pure Heart Crystals or Talismans. Uranus and Neptune already have their two Talismans, the Sword and Mirror. They are searching for the third Talisman.

Hotaru is a cyborg. Her father experimented and operated on her after the lab accident that killed his wife, injured his daughter and himself. His original plan was to create super-humans which are part machine and part human. He made a deal with Germatoid and became his host, letting Hotaru become Mistress 9's host. Despite being only about 12 years old, Hotaru looks older.
In the anime, Hotaru is simply a dark girl with frail health and a nice heart. She has some attacks sometimes.

Haruk and Michiru, as themselves and Uranus and Neptune, are hostile towards the other soldiers. Only Haruka is nice to Usagi and Michiru to Mamoru. Usagi gets jealous of Michiru and Mamoru jealous of Haruka. But things quickly patch up.
In the anime, Haruka and Michiru were rather nice towards the others. It was only in transformed form that they were mean and hindered them.

The line of Uranus being "both a man and a woman" to my knowledge does not appear in the anime. But it's a symbolic phrase, meaning she is a woman with the strength of a man. Uranus is not a hermaphrodite, no matter what morons are saying!

Uranus and Neptune accept Usagi as the moon princess and there is no need to somehow prove that she is the Messiah.

Uranus and Neptune also explain things about the Moon Kingdom. They and Pluto were protectors, living on their own respective planet, to stop any danger from approaching the Moon Kingdom. They were not supposed to be reborn when Queen Serenity used the Silver Crystal. They were reborn by accident.
In the anime, they explain nothing like that.

Pluto is back and with slight changes to her uniform. She stays throughout the seasons and longer.
In the anime, Pluto appeared and died a few episodes later, after stopping time to rescue Uranus and Neptune from an exploding helicopter.

Uranus, Neptune and Pluto explain their duties and what the talismans do. The talismans, when brought together, will summon the legendary Soldier of Death - Saturn. The talismans summoned Saturn back during the Moon Kingdom and she destroyed the kingdom. This time around, they plan to summon Saturn and kill her because they do not want to see her destroy the world again.

Professor Tomoe turns into the daimon Germatoid and gets killed.
In the anime, Germatoid removed itself from Tomoe's body and got killed. Tomoe himself survived.

When Mistress 9 takes Chibiusa's Silver Crystal and swallows it, Hotaru is still inside and tries to protect Chibiusa's soul from being consumed. Later on, Mistress 9 also swallows the souls of the four soldiers. Hotaru tries to protect them all, but lets them all go back to their bodies and disappears...
In the anime, there was a sort of off-and-on hint that Hotaru may still be around, but not until towards the end does Hotaru break through Mistress 9 and becomes herself again.

During the time when Chibiusa's soul is taken, she is actually dead. She's kept alive by Mamoru holding her hand and him using his energy to keep her body technically alive until her soul returns. See, in the manga, it's shown that Mamoru has powers - he can heal minor injuries and similar.
In the anime, the same thing happens, but the whole deal with his powers is never explained.

Sailor Moon becomes Super Sailor Moon through drinking from the Holy Grail, which only works when all nine soldiers and their hearts come together.
In the anime, the Holy Grail came together when all three Talismans were brought together.

Speaking of Holy Grail, when Chibiusa regains her soul, she goes to join the soldiers in battle. A second Holy Grail appears and Chibiusa becomes Super Sailor Chibimoon.
In the anime, Chibiusa was practically dead until the end. She did not become Super until next season.

The ending is very different.
In the manga, Mistress 9 summons Pharao 90 who begins to swallow Tokyo and practically the whole world. Mistress 9 gets killed. Uranus, Pluto and Neptune notice that their Talismans are shining... and out of Mistress 9's corpse arises Sailor Saturn. Realizing that they have no future, Sailor Saturn begins to use Death Reborn Revolution, destroying the humans and buildings... but tells them that for rebirth, there must first be death. Usagi turns into Neo Queen Serenity and uses her power and that of the Silver Crystal to rebirth the place and humans. Saturn, realizing that Pharao 90 cannot be stopped, tells Pluto to trap her and Pharao 90 into a separate Dimension. Pluto sends Saturn and Pharao 90 into another dimension with Dark Doom Close.

In the anime, Pharao 90 is sort of there, but he's not that big of a threat. Saturn arrives and says that she will battle Pharao 90 herself by going inside of him. She leaves and Usagi tries desperately to become Super Sailor Moon. She succeeds and enters Pharao 90. After an off-screen battle, she appears in Tokyo's ruins, dead eyed and holding a reborn infant Hotaru.

Hotaru does get reborn and is an infant in the manga as well. Haruka, Michiru and Setsuna vow to raise her, now that she is parentless. The four leave, to return when they are needed again.
In the anime, Hotaru gets raised by Tomoe for a while. But she doesn't get raised by Haruka and the others until the beginning of the fifth season, when Setsuna simply shows up in front of a recovering Tomoe and takes his daughter.

Spoiler: Manga: Dream - Anime: Season 4
Fisheye, Hawkeye and Tigereye are all actual animals that were transformed by the Amazon Quartet. The Amazon Quartet are the main villains prior to the big bad in the manga.
In the anime, the three appear first and the Amazon Quartet doesn't appear until halfway through.

Moon and Chibimoon have to be in their Super form to defeat the enemy. But what with the Outer Senshi leaving, they cannot activate the Holy Grails. Pegasus, who appears in front of Usagi and Chibiusa, gives them their new powers and turns two kaleidoscopes they had into their new weapons.
In the anime, Pegasus gives them their new powers, too, but first it's only temporary. For the real upgrade, Chibiusa gains the Crystal Bell to call him, while in the manga she, too, could use Moon Gorgeous Meditation.

None of the soldiers can transform part-way through the story, except Moon and Chibimoon.

Fisheye is not gay.

We see Artemis and Diana's human form. Artemis when he gives Venus her Venus Crystal and Diana during a ceremony at the end of the arc. We also see Luna's human form, but this is her second appearance. The first time was during a side-story "Princess Kaguya's Lover" during the last arc.
In the anime, the only human form of the cats we ever see is Luna's. And that only in the second movie.

With dreams being the theme in this arc, each of the soldiers tells us about her dream. While the enemies try to trick them with illusions and what their "real" dream is, the soldiers see through them and gain their super forms. The Super form comes from a crystal inside of them, which it turns out is a Starseed for next season. They gain the crystal through their guardians and similar. Mercury and Jupiter gain their Crystals from their mini-Mercury/Jupiter guardians. Mars from Phobos and Deimos, who have mini-human forms and were assigned to serve Mars in their previous life. Venus gains hers through Artemis.
In the anime, they gain their Super forms through Pegasus when they begin to trust him.

The Outer Senshi are actually in the manga! Haruka, Michiru and Setsuna are living together in a big house, wearing identical rings as a promise to raise Hotaru well. Hotaru, who learns the violin and can create visions when playing, awakens as Sailor Saturn and ages rapidly. She gives them their Crystals and they turn Super, too.
In the anime, the Outers never appeared in this season.

The manga focused on Sailor Moon again.
The anime focused a lot more on Chibiusa. She obtains not just a Crystal Bell from Pegasus, which she uses for Twinkle Yell - where as in the manga it was a small glass bell to call him, but also eventually a Stallion Rêve. A little device that lets Chibiusa and Pegasus talk to each other when they're alone. There is a lot of focus on their growing friendship, and eventual romance.

The Amazon Quartet fight the girls and Saturn tells them to awaken soon. They end up locked in balls and at the end of the arc, when Saturn asks Usagi to save them, they appear and turn out to be the Sailor Quartet, named after Asteroids. They say they are Chibiusa's guardians and will become her comrades and team, once she has fulfilled her training as a soldier.
In the anime, the girls are simply girls who got power through Nehelenia. At the end, they get turned into normal girls.

Chibiusa and Usagi change ages for a bit.
In the manga, Chibiusa and Usagi envy each other. Chibiusa wants to be an adult already, with the curvy body of an adult and not be ordered around and all, while Usagi envies Chibiusa for being a kid with no responsibility to worry about.
Palla Palla uses magic to turn them into each other's age once they de-transform after a battle. Usagi is a child and Chibiusa a teenager. Leads to some hijinks and a fun scene where the girls are worried that Black Lady is back. Chibiusa uses Luna-P to confuse Usagi's family, making them think she is Usagi.
The magic disappears once Chibiusa and Usagi re-transform.

In the anime, Chibimoon and Moon argue with each other and Palla Palla changes the two. Things aren't as bad, until night. Chibiusa dreams that she cannot contact Pegasus and, in her dream, Pegasus tells her that her pure dream of being a lady was fulfilled and now he would not be able to contact her anymore. Chibiusa hates this and manages to remove the spell, turning into a child again. Pegasus kisses her, showing her his Helios form.

Speaking of the kiss, the reasons were different.
In the manga, right after managing to revert their ages, Chibiusa calls Helios with the Crystal Bell and tells him that she can't be the maiden he is looking for. Helios reveals the vision he had, telling him of the maiden with the pure dream and reveals that the vision came from "Serenity". Chibiusa, realizing this means Usagi, runs away. Helios follows her and Chibiusa pours her heart out, how she feels she isn't needed and that Sailor Moon is always the one to do everything. Helios proves to Chibiusa that she is needed, that the others are worried and kisses her to calm her down.

In the anime, the kiss is described above and... fels kind of like Pegasus was just happy that Chibiusa was in a child form again... creep.

The plot is entirely different.
In the manga, Nehelenia wants to kill everyone of the White Moon family. She has taken the priest Helios and fused him with his pet pegasus, trapping him in the pegasus form. Helios is searching for a Maiden with a Pure Dream and Bright Spirit, who can unlock the Golden Crystal. Helios and Mamoru are both protectors of the Earth, but with different duties technically, and share a symbiotic connection.
Mamoru is suffering from a disease which shows itself as black rose-shadows in the lung. Helios has the same disease. Worried that Usagi may catch it, too, he distances himself from Usagi. It doesn't help as Usagi would rather be with him and suffer the same disease than leave him.
The vision Helios had of the maiden that can unlock the Golden Crystals refers to Usagi and Chibiusa. It turns out that the Golden Crystal is inside of Mamoru, his starseed, and one inside Helios. Usagi unlocks the Golden Crystal inside Mamoru, while Chibiusa unlocks the one inside Helios.
There is a sort of ceremony at the end of the arc, after Nehelenia has been defeated, where Serenity and Endymion are... doing something. It turns out that every soldier is the princess of their respective planet.

In the anime, Zirconia is using the Amazon Trio to search for Pegasus inside of dreams, which are shown as Dream Mirrors. When the Amazon Quartet arrives, they are searching for a specific dream, with the border being Golden. Nehelenia has captured Helios and keeps his naked body suspended in bondage-spider threads all the time. But his soul, in the form of a pegasus, is gone and hidden in that dream. And she wants him.
The Golden Crystal is Helios' horn. When Nehelenia gets Helios' body and soul together, she takes the Golden Crystal.
The collected power of dreams stalls Nehelenia and causes her to age. Disgusted at her old self, Nehelenia goes inside a mirror, after throwing an unconscious Chibiusa down from the tent. As she falls, Sailor Moon goes after her. Grabbing her, she begs Chibiusa to wake up and use the Golden Crystal, as only she can actually use it. She does and the two land safely on the ground.

At the end of this arc, Sailor Moon manages to transform into her Eternal form. The others also change into Eternal uniforms.
In the anime, Moon doesn't become Eternal permanently until next season and the others never get the uniforms. They remain Super for the rest of the series.

Spoiler: Manga: Stars - Anime: Season 5
The first few episodes about Nehelenia were an anime-invention. Nehelenia was killed off in the manga during the last arc, whereas in the anime it was still sort of left open. What with this episodes missing, Moon was already Eternal at that point.

Haruka and Michiru go to the same school as Usagi and the others now.
In the anime, the Outers were kinda gone for a while until some episodes in.

The Three Lights are women who dress up as men to attract more women with their concerts, hoping their song would reach out to their Princess Kakyuu, who they are searching for.
In the anime, the Three Lights are men, with male bodies and turn to their real female form when transforming into the Starlights.

The anime omitted some Animamates like Sailor Heavy Metal Papillon, Sailor Lethe and Sailor Mnemosyne. Sailor Phi and Sailor Chi are also omitted, although they are not really animamates.

Chibiusa leaves for the 30th Century a few chapters into the arc.
In the anime, she left at the start of the season.

Mamoru leaves for America to study and says goodbye to Usagi at the airport, giving her an engagement ring. He gets his starseed taken by Galaxia, killed in front of Usagi. Usagi, shocked, faints and gets taken home by Seiya and fools herself into thinking that Mamoru left perfectly okay on the plane.
In the anime, Mamoru boards the plane and flies off. The plane stops and his starseed is taken by Galaxia, killing him, but this is not revealed until pretty much the end of the season.

Seiya never had any romantic inclination towards Usagi. That was a creation for the anime. There was one kiss Seiya gave her, but it was entirely platonic.

Chibi Chibi manages to say more than just "Chibi" as the arc progresses, talking normally.
In the anime, it's just Chibi or Chibi Chibi... sometimes a word repeated, but that's it.

Galaxia's reason for collecting Starseeds is that, on her planet, the people were greedy and she killed them all. She was searching for a star that shone brightly, one she could claim her own. She found it, as Sailor Moon's, seeing the light during the ceremony from the last arc. She collects all the Starseeds from every soldier in the universe, having destroyed countless planets before hand, including Kinmoku - the planet the Starlights come from.

Galaxia collects the Starseeds from the soldiers pretty fast and only targetting them. She kills off Mercury and Jupiter fast, then Mars and Venus. The Outer senshi get killed off off-screen. Pretty much, every soldier gets killed really, really fast. The only surviving ones are the Starlights, Chibi Chibi, Usagi and Princess Kakyuu.
In the anime, Galaxia has her minions search for real Starseeds. Of course, they all grab false ones... it isn't until towards the end of the season when the soldiers get killed off pretty fast.

Princess Kakyuu turns out to be a Sailor Soldier herself. Shortly after revealing herself as a soldier, she gets stabbed by Sailor Phi.
In the anime, Kakyuu was just a princess and died pretty fast, too.

Sailor Tin Nyanko forces Luna, Artemis and Diana into their humans forms and injures the moon symbols on their forehead, ridding them of their ability to speak and become normal cats. Usagi asks her mother to take care of all three cats for now.
In the anime, this doesn't happen.

Moon, the Starlights, Chibi and Kakyuu travel to the center of the universe to the Galaxy Cauldron to fight Galaxia. On the way their, Moon's memories are wiped for a bit and Sailor Lethe kills the cats in front of her.
Doesn't happen in the anime.

At Galaxia's, she has used the soldiers' Starseeds to revive them as her minions and they fight Sailor Moon, including Mamoru.
In the anime, it's only Uranus and Neptune who turn evil and that's by their own free will. They originally wanted to trick Galaxia, then use the bracelets to remove Starseeds on Galaxia herself, but failed and got killed.

In the 30th Century, Chibiusa realizes that something is wrong and decides to travel back in time to help Sailor Moon, despite her mother's orders. The Sailor Quartet arrive and follow Chibiusa. Chibiusa arrives at the Galaxy Cauldron and rescue Sailor Moon with the Quartet.
In the anime, Chibiusa never appeared again once she left.

As above, Galaxia pushes Mamoru into the Galaxy Cauldron, destroying his body and Chibiusa vanishes into thin air, ceasing to exist.
In the anime, never happened.

The Starlights get killed shortly after Kakyuu, resulting in Moon, Chibi Chibi and the Quartet to be the only surviving soldiers next to Galaxia at the end.
In the anime, the Quartet never existed and the Starlights were the few that did survive until the end.

Galaxia gets defeated and Moon is told that she has to destroy the Galaxy Cauldron, as all the previous villains came from the Chaos inside of the Cauldron. And if she did not defeat it, Chaos would eventually break out.
In the anime, no Cauldron. Galaxia was possessed by Chaos.

Chibi Chibi is very different.
In the manga, Chibi Chibi reveals herself to be Sailor Cosmos. A soldier who looks very similar and yet different from Sailor Moon. Sailor Cosmos came from the future, where war was raging and she was fighting Sailor Chaos. But she was losing and decided to go back in time, to a time where Chaos had not broken out yet and to comfort "her past self" who was lonely herself. She wanted to persuade Moon to destroy the Cauldron, something that she said was a "mistake" she had not made previously, so the future would change where Chaos would not break out and the war would not happen.
But Moon, realizing that the Galaxy Cauldron is where stars are born and reborn, decides to not do so because then, the people who were dead could not be reborn. Moon decides to use her whole power and purifies the cauldron. Who is Cosmos? Is she Sailor Moon, a future form of Sailor Moon, a different Sailor Moon or what? We don't know, it's left intentionally vague...

In the anime, Chibi Chibi is a human form of Galaxia's Starseed. When Chaos took over Galaxia, she dispelled her own Starseed and hoped for it to shine on as the Light Of Hope somewhere else. To somehow help. Chibi Chibi becomes a sword that Moon uses to fight Galaxia, but gets killed.

Usagi awakens inside the Cauldron and sees Guardian Cosmos as well as all the other soldiers. Cosmos gives Usagi a choice: She can be reborn as a normal person or continue the life she has now as Usagi and Sailor Moon. Usagi chooses to remain herself right now and sees Chibiusa's starseed, telling her that she'll be "waiting in the future".
Usagi wakes up in bed and the manga ends with her and Mamoru's wedding and Usagi realizing that she is pregnant. Mamoru thinks how Usagi will continue to shine on as the legendary bright star of Sailor Moon.
None of that happens in the anime.

In the anime, everyone gets revived and the Starlights leave with Princess Kakyuu back to Kinmoku. The anime ends with a monologue of Usagi's, similar to a monologue at the beginning of the series. In the beginning, she described herself as 14 year old Tsukino Usagi, who was a crybaby and a bit spoiled and lazy. In the end, she describes herself as 16 year old Tsukino Usagi, who was a crybaby, a bit spoiled and lazy and is also the legendary Sailor Moon, showing how she was still herself, despite her new "role".

C-A

An Enigma Among Humans

You should review anime.

The dwarf geeky panda!

Deadpool 9 wrote:

From the point of view of a mature anime lover no. From the one of a little girl yes.

Seriously I don't really care about the whole continuation thing and Usagi not maturing fast enough, it's a show for kids. It was made in the 90's fashion. A lot of episode where fillers and episode would be independant of each other, not like today.

Back to the subject: Looking foward this new adaptation.
Please don't hit me...

Blood_fox5 wrote:
You should review anime.

Well among my LP plans, I was also thinking of reviewing Videogames and Anime, eventually Manga and maybe Movies, too. And Sailor Moon is definitely one I would review. Especially comparing manga to anime.

As much as I am looking forward to the new adapation to follow the manga more closely, I do hope that they keep some of the heavier emphasis on Chibiusa for the Dream Arc. That's what I liked about the anime version more, it focused on Chibiusa and how she became close to Helios more than in the manga. Although I think the manga already made it obvious that Chibiusa and Helios is official.

Although the manga ending of the Infinity Arc in animated form? Awesome!

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Deadpool 9 wrote:

Well, I grew up with the German version which came out in the 90s and was a faithful, proper translation of the Japanese show. Unlike the North American version, which came out the early 2000s, we did not have censored and then non-censored Kanji, dialogue added where it wasn't originally and stupid references. We also did not get cool-slang-terms like "the bomb" or "rad" or "wicked".

C-A

Wanna know something funny? Most people around my age probably first caught this show in the US on Toonami back in the early 2000's but I in particular was fortunate enough to catch it in the US a lot earlier than that. Like USA Cartoon Express early and I think I remember them showing commercials of it on Fox Kids. This was like around 1994 I believe, and looking back now I'm actually kinda glad they dubbed the show the way they did, because knowing my family this show would not have been allowed in my house had they posted it uncut.

Well, the anime Sailor Moon was aimed at 11 - 13 year olds.

Really, only problem I remember with the German version of the anime was that, at one point, Chibiusa referred to Usagi, simply translated to Bunny, as "Bunny Tuxino". I guess she mispronounced Tsukino...

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Well, the anime Sailor Moon was aimed at 11 - 13 year olds.

Really, only problem I remember with the German version of the anime was that, at one point, Chibiusa referred to Usagi, simply translated to Bunny, as "Bunny Tuxino". I guess she mispronounced Tsukino...

C-A

I was actually around 8 years old when I saw season one of the show on USA I never really did see it again until I moved to South Mississippi where they had Cartoon Network on at the time. Toonami obviously ran the seasons where Uranus and Neptune came in (and obviously caused controversy amongst fans when the US dub labeled them as cousins) as a child of that time, I actually wouldn't have been able to process the lesbian love story between them until I got a lot older and more mature. Also the parents probably would've had their panties in a bunch if they heard about a lesbian story in a children's cartoon. So that's why I don't regret the way our American dub turned out.

ElectricOutcast wrote:
I don't regret the way our American dub turned out.

I don't regret the North American dub either... but for the reason that the alternative was much, much worse.

And no, they don't look like fifteen-year-old girls. Damn it America. What is your obsession with putting adults in 80s/90s young teen roles?
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

The Real Human Being

Gah, some of my earliest boners.

and some of my latest.

ElectricOutcast wrote:
I was actually around 8 years old when I saw season one of the show on USA

I think I was about 9 when I first saw the anime in Germany.

C-A

The dwarf geeky panda!

So I watched the reboot first episode and I have one thing to say. I find Usagi's voice annoying. Maybe it's because it's been a while since I heard so much ehhhhhh and whinning in this kind of voice. But the anime seem to have some potential. I'm happy to see that Tuxedo Mask seem to have regular shoulders now...
Please don't hit me...

Shao-Mae wrote:
So I watched the reboot first episode and I have one thing to say. I find Usagi's voice annoying. Maybe it's because it's been a while since I heard so much ehhhhhh and whinning in this kind of voice. But the anime seem to have some potential. I'm happy to see that Tuxedo Mask seem to have regular shoulders now...

Well Kotono Mitsuishi has reprised her role for Sailor Moon. However, looking at Wikipedia right now, it says that the other cast members have changed. Mamoru is now voiced by Kenji Nojima (Setsuna Mudo in the Angel Sanctuary OVA, Todou Master from Weiß Kreuz: Glühen, Goede from Radiant Mythology 2, etc) and Luna is done by Ryo Hisohashi (Meruperuin/Meawen from Rune Factory Oceans, Aoi Yamada from Working!!, etc)

The inners got changed to Hisako Kanemoto, Rina Sato, Ami Koshimizu and Shizuka Ito respectively from Mercury, Mars, Jupiter and Venus. I have to say, I am a bit disappointed that Aya Hisakawa will not be reprising her role as Mercury (resulting in my hilarity of dubbing Judith's lines over Mercury - but with Koshimizu as Jupiter, I can now have fun of dubbing Yayoi from IM@S or Yukiko from Persona 4 over her) the chosen ones seem to fit well. Well, since they haven't actually been heard yet, I can't say...

But I know Koshimizu from multiple games, so I can say that the voice is very fitting. Close to Shinohara, actually. And according to Toei, it says the series will run for 26 Episodes... guess that means the entire Dark Kingdom Arc/First Season. No mention of more seasons... yet.

C-A

The dwarf geeky panda!

It would be nice if they could do the entire serie with the manga end, because I still have mixed feeling about the starlights. Yeah they had way more importance in the anime, but to what price...? Also I like cyborg Hotaru better than possessed Hotaru that express herself at school, but it made more sense I guess. Also, if they could make Chibiusa a bit more tolerable... And correct that weird dub about Haruka's gender in the new dub...

Seeing your post about the voice actress made me decide that it's just because I'm not digging japanese voice acting that much anymore. But it's nice to see that they took competent people.

Maybe to add to my previous post, I like how they are trying to keep the nostalgia by respecting the manga drawing (that rise some complaints if I understand well) and by keeping the background as watercolored ones, like in the 90's. I feel like I'm watching an HD version of the original anime (that being good or bad is up to the watched.)
Please don't hit me...

The starlights were important, even in the manga. Yeah the transgender thing was incredibly dumb, even Takeuchi hated it, but it didn't change too much. Okay, okay, there was that stupid crush Seiya had on Usagi, but I guess the producer (who, remember, was a selfproclaimed Yuri fan) wanted to keep semi-homosexual stuff in... or just wanted to show how Seiya was better than Mamoru, whom he hated.

I never remember there ever being something weird in the dub about Haruka's gender. She always was a woman. I know the manga had the line that Uranus was "both a man and a woman" but that was more a symbolic thing of having the body of a woman, but the strength of a man. And I found Chibiusa quite tolerable in the anime...

As said before, I liked the changes from manga to Season 4 of the anime. I like how they put a lot more emphasis on Chibiusa and Helios. The manga part wasn't bad (I love the age switch part, which wasn't so great in the anime because... Helios kissed her because she became a little girl again, WTF) but it was once again focusing on Sailor Moon and... I kinda got sick of her.

I do wonder why they didn't keep Luna's eyes blue as they originally were in the manga. I mean, it doesn't make sense, considering her human form had blue eyes. Why the sudden color change? Oh and keep Artemis' eyes green. I've said it before, I hope they keep Sailor Moon's tiara changing over the course as she remembers things, because that was a sweet thing - and it gave her more power.

I must say I LOVE that they really took over the Serenity dress' design from the manga. The anime had such a simplified form of it, it looked more like a nightgown to me than a wedding dress. (Which is what all the princess gowns were designed after)

The art and animation is good. Just pretty unfamiliar to me. The colors are so light that I still almost feel like saying this is just a really, really good photoshopped changed fan-made version...

C-A

PS: The opening lyrics were... what? Although it was kind of a catchy song.

Don't call me Shirley

I don't remember much about the plot (I didn't even know until recently there was one, since nearly all episodes are stand alone fillers), but I do remember the french dub in the 90s rubbing off all homosexual references, even changing some characters' genders and relationships as a result.

The dwarf geeky panda!

Yeah, that's the dub I was talking about (sorry for the confusion Cat). At the time I didn't got it. I saw it a few years back... and I still didn't got it. What was up with Haruka/Frédérique? Though your comment about the plot made me laugh because it's true that because of the format of the time, well they had to exxxteeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnndddddd the thing a lot. Also, those "defeat" scene still make me laugh by their ridiculousness.
Please don't hit me...

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

I use to watch it when I was younger thought it was good , wasnt wise to ovbious reedits lol , I have the japanese version which is much better but I prefer some of the music from the dub I only saw to the end of the black moon saga. Never seen futher than that. Overall was pretty good to watch very formulaic much ah well . The dub dvd's are very hard to come by noe I use to the own them all but sold them for next to nothing ^^;, I hear funimation are going to redub it.
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

If they do a redub (and only a redub, not editing anything) I hope it's for the new anime. Redubbing a 20 year old anime when a newer version that is much closer to the source material is out is... not a good idea.

C-A

I found a link that shows there is a sailor moon region 1 dvd re-release both with sub and dub

http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/S3307-Sail ... DVDBlu-ray it makes up the first 23 episodes so first half of season1

And accodin to wikipedia it will be more faithful to the manga and is a reboot rather than just re-dubbing the original anime
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

Anyone ever see the Live action sailor moon series ( pretty guardian sailor moon) It had 46 episodes plus a prequel episode ( act 0 ) and a special act which took place 4 years after the main story ended, It does focus on the dark kingdom arc but has some character changes and new charcaters and overall very enjoy if a sailor moon fan worth checking out

davech1987 wrote:
Anyone ever see the Live action sailor moon series ( pretty guardian sailor moon) It had 46 episodes plus a prequel episode ( act 0 ) and a special act which took place 4 years after the main story ended, It does focus on the dark kingdom arc but has some character changes and new charcaters and overall very enjoy if a sailor moon fan worth checking out

I watched it and it was.............................. okay. It changed DRASTICALLY EVERYTHING from the manga and anime. Venus is now working alone, is already an idol, does her best to not get acquainted with the others and has some mysterious illness that she dies off towards the end of the series.

It was a nice enough idea, but after a while it felt very un-Sailor Moon like. The idea that Serenity's silver crystal actually destroys the world as much as Metallia does is a sweet enough idea, but I dunno. Didn't quite work out. Putting in Princess Sailor Moon was a bit weird - and why does a moon person have black hair!?

Neat that the hair changes to the iconic colors upon transforming. But... I dunno, the acting didn't even feel all that good to me. This was the first live action Japanese show I watched, so maybe I'm just not used to it. Also... Dark Mercury? Motoki being... the way he is in the show? I dunno, it felt like such a weird step.

And the ending felt... meh.

C-A

The dwarf geeky panda!

CatMuto wrote:
davech1987 wrote:

I watched it and it was.............................. okay. It changed DRASTICALLY EVERYTHING from the manga and anime. Venus is now working alone, is already an idol, does her best to not get acquainted with the others and has some mysterious illness that she dies off towards the end of the series.

It was a nice enough idea, but after a while it felt very un-Sailor Moon like. The idea that Serenity's silver crystal actually destroys the world as much as Metallia does is a sweet enough idea, but I dunno. Didn't quite work out. Putting in Princess Sailor Moon was a bit weird - and why does a moon person have black hair!?

Neat that the hair changes to the iconic colors upon transforming. But... I dunno, the acting didn't even feel all that good to me. This was the first live action Japanese show I watched, so maybe I'm just not used to it. Also... Dark Mercury? Motoki being... the way he is in the show? I dunno, it felt like such a weird step.

And the ending felt... meh.

C-A

Well from what I remember, this live action was shot with models instead of actresses I think?. That would explain the acting quality.
Please don't hit me...

The Chocolateholic of CR

Sailor Jupiter..... :bellboy:
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

The Chocolateholic of CR

I will say that the difference between English version and Japanese version was that easy to notice. In English if I remember correct Sailor Jupiter is the busty Sailor of the group and we got that taken away but in Japanese we get the busty Sailor Jupiter.....
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.

I saw the 2nd Episode, with Mercury. Sure, she's not voiced by Hisakawa Aya, but her new voice actress is doing a great job for her. Yeah parts of the anime still make me cringe a bit cause it's so cutey and sparkly and shoujo... but that was in the original manga as well. The way Moon and Tuxedo Mask are... acurate...

I'm happy to see that Mercury is retaining her original manga design without the shoulder pads. Yeah, the transformations remain CG - the preview for the next episode showed multiple shots of Mars' CG transformation. They're not terrible, and really not a big deal with it. Can be ignored.

Although I will say... I don't quite like the transformation music. I dunno, it sounds generic, barely heroic and not as catchy as the old anime's music. In fact, the new one sounds suspiciously similar to the DiC transformation music... but less heroic. The music's a bit bland, actually...

Also, I didn't like the slight changes they made. In the episode, Ami does get brainwashed with the CD the enemy gave her when she used it. In the manga, she nerver used it because using it gave her a headache, which made it more difficult for her to get brainwashed at all or her energy sucked out. In this episode, they made her brainwashed and power of friendship helps her out of it... yeah...

And I've already noticed a few off-model... scenes... and mistakes like Usagi's hands being colored when they should be gloved.

C-A

I really only have the dubbed anime to go on when comparing sailor moon and live action Cat but still thought it was ok and don't remember the ending so prob not that great :P

The Chocolateholic of CR

Sometimes I think Sailor Moon came from Power Rangers.... but then again Sailor Moon did gave birth to Mew Mew Tokyo.....

Anthony wrote:
Sometimes I think Sailor Moon came from Power Rangers.... but then again Sailor Moon did gave birth to Mew Mew Tokyo.....

Takeuchi was a fan of Sentai shows - basically the Japanese equivalent that Power Rangers came from - and yes Sailor Moon had a big impact on the shoujo/magical girl franchise (it didn't just create TMM). Funnily enough, Sailor Moon was slightly inspired by Cutie Honey. When Sailor Moon became a success, Cutie Honey Flash was created, inspired by Sailor Moon - noticeable mostly cause that series included a speech she did and the least amount of fanservice. Although Sailor Moon had fanservice itself.

C-A

The Chocolateholic of CR

Didn't Mew Mew Tokyo came out BEFORE Cutie Honey? Because if so it would been this Power Rangers---->Sailor Moon---->Mew Mew Tokyo---->Cutie Honey

:ron:

Anthony wrote:
Didn't Mew Mew Tokyo came out BEFORE Cutie Honey? Because if so it would been this Power Rangers---->Sailor Moon---->Mew Mew Tokyo---->Cutie Honey

No... no... no... the original Cutie Honey manga - and the first anime series of it - came out in 1973 and the manga ran until 1974. Sailor Moon came out in 1992, (there's a 30 episode 1992 version of Cutie Honey taking place 30 years after the original, but flopped due to "bad quality" and "clumsy-looking" characters) with New Cutie Honey coming out in 1994, with Cutie Honey FX coming out in 1995. Cutie Honey Flash came out 1997, taking over the timeslot for Sailor Moon Stars, Sailor Moon's final season.
Tokyo Mew Mew began in 2000 and ended in 2003.

C-A

Thanks you youtube been watching alot of my old favourite scenes from the Dub mainly due to the music, I like the tuxedo mask theme , the english songs used in battles and even the transformation theme, and even the battle music anyone else agree ??

Don't call me Shirley

davech1987 wrote:
Thanks you youtube been watching alot of my old favourite scenes from the Dub mainly due to the music, I like the tuxedo mask theme , the english songs used in battles and even the transformation theme, and even the battle music anyone else agree ??

Oddly I can't name a single song that got stuck in my head, but I do remember generally liking the music, some themes were quite beautiful. It might be because some of them are used only a couple of time in the series.

These are the ones I meant in terms of general music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoNDrrQ0k6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yl29ui0R9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=339YqFiSm6A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5o7dVx ... I&index=67

davech1987 wrote:

Yeah, those were fairly decent.

The NA vocal collection, not so much (and this is coming from someone who actually bought one of the CDs many years back, going OMG MY ONLY LOVE BESTSONGEVARRR only because they revised all of the dialogue between Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Moon during that episode just so the damn song could have the impact that it did).

...NAILED IT

Well Act 4 of Crystal makes me see more and more parts that seem either Off-Model or feel rushed... kind of disappointing from an anime that was pushed back several times. I mean, I'm glad that we got it and all... but those cringeworthy shoujo scenes are as cringeworthy to see as they were 20 years ago...! Also, I'm still absolutely bored of the romance of Usagi and Mamoru. I'd much rather just get Jupiter already. And then Chibiusa. And then the Dream Arc about Chibiusa and Helios...

I will say, I am happy to see they took over the changing tiara parts from the manga, too. I know it's closer to the manga now, but I was a bit concerned they wouldn't take that over. I hope they keep the part of her only having the moon symbol on her forehead once she regains her memories as Serenity.

C-A
Page 1 of 2 [ 52 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios