Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 2[ 48 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 


annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

Gender: Male

Location: UK

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am

Posts: 202

What annoys you the most when going to the cinema even though it can always be fun seeing films on big screens and the sound they can be times when it can be fustrasting.

For me it is not having leg room ( as I am pretty tall)

people not shutting the hell up ( went to see dawn of planet of the apes and equalizer and both times I had to ask people to be quite as could hear them over the film :O )
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

Leaving tons of crap on the floor, like popcorn and soda. Look, just cause it was part of my job to clean the damn room between shows doesn't give you the right to be a total pig. I understand that some popcorn can fall. But if it looks like you dumped a third of your popcorn on the floor for no good reason, that's when I get mad.

Trying to bring outside food into the rooms. There's a sign saying you can't do that.

Being on the phone during the movie. Also, phones just plain blaring during the movie. There's a Silence option. Use it.

I have more, but that has even more to do with the work-side of being at the cinema.

C-A
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2778

I second "people who won't shut up."

Also, anyone who whips out a cell phone for any reason during the film. No, I don't care if it's on vibrate or silent. Your screen lights up and it is distracting. If the film is so boring that you need to check the time, then feel free to walk out.

I can't stand idiots who bring a sixteen-month-old baby to an R rated movie. Seriously? You have the cash to pay for outrageous theatre prices, but you can't be bothered to get someone to watch your child?

Overpriced garbage in general.

And the shitty, shitty managers who go along with everything while treating their employees like garbage.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

An Enigma Among Humans

Gender: Male

Location: I'm at soup!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:30 pm

Posts: 1069

Image
Image
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

Gender: Male

Location: UK

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am

Posts: 202

CatMuto wrote:
Leaving tons of crap on the floor, like popcorn and soda. Look, just cause it was part of my job to clean the damn room between shows doesn't give you the right to be a total pig. I understand that some popcorn can fall. But if it looks like you dumped a third of your popcorn on the floor for no good reason, that's when I get mad.

Trying to bring outside food into the rooms. There's a sign saying you can't do that.

Being on the phone during the movie. Also, phones just plain blaring during the movie. There's a Silence option. Use it.

I have more, but that has even more to do with the work-side of being at the cinema.

C-A


I bring drinks from outside mainly because cinema don't stock what I like to drink in ways of pop

Yeah I understand I don't see why people have to litter the floor with food they paid for its a waste

I worked as a waiter ad never understood why tons of food would be thrown on the floor for no reason (unless they had small annoying children)
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

High level play

Gender: Male

Location: Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Posts: 1138

All the above regarding to phones. Put that thing on silent and put it away till the break or after the movie!

Other things include:
- People who ask me to sit lower into my seat, when I set in my seat before those people decided to sit behind me. I'm not going to spend sitten 2 hours uncomfortably because I'm tall and other people don't want to switch / find other seats.
- Mexican food is my favorite food of all time. Why do all movie theaters (that I went to) completely manage to ruin the concept of nacho's with sauce? It just tastes horrible for some reason everywhere I go.
- If the movie is supposed to start at 19:00 then why do the previews start at 19:00? I know you get the best 'advertisement experience' with the lights barely lit or in the dark, but it annoys me that when I'm in my seat at 18:50 I still have to wait 20 minutes for the movie to start (and waste my popcorn on static commercials and previews)
There is no solace above or below. I pray for myself, to myself - Frank Underwood

Image
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2778

Sjibbey wrote:
- Mexican food is my favorite food of all time. Why do all movie theaters (that I went to) completely manage to ruin the concept of nacho's with sauce? It just tastes horrible for some reason everywhere I go.


I'm not sure stale, mass-produced corn wafers with lukewarm, sharp-tasting, goopy cheese product on top can really count as Mexican food. Even with the canned jalapeños on top.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

- People complaining about the prices at the snack bar. Look, that's how the cinema gets his money. No, we don't actually get money by selling tickets. At least, not money that we end up using to pay the workers or other ways, like using the location. Quit your eternal bitching. Don't wanna spend money for snacks while watching the movie? Don't buy snacks. Or wait until the DVD is out and watch it at home.

C-A
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Fantina's perfect little Franny!

Gender: Female

Location: UK

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Posts: 3471

When people treat the cinema like a pub!
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Zoinks

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:47 pm

Posts: 1911

This one time, I went to the cinema with a couple of friends (to watch Robocop IIRC) and a random guy sitting alone kept on turning around and asking me stuff like "WHAT HAPPENED?", "WHAT'S HIS NAME" and "WHY DID HE DO THAT????" Awkward as hell.
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

Gender: Male

Location: UK

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am

Posts: 202

Yellow Magician wrote:
This one time, I went to the cinema with a couple of friends (to watch Robocop IIRC) and a random guy sitting alone kept on turning around and asking me stuff like "WHAT HAPPENED?", "WHAT'S HIS NAME" and "WHY DID HE DO THAT????" Awkward as hell.


Like the american pie link :D
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

High level play

Gender: Male

Location: Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Posts: 1138

Sierra Mikain wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:
- Mexican food is my favorite food of all time. Why do all movie theaters (that I went to) completely manage to ruin the concept of nacho's with sauce? It just tastes horrible for some reason everywhere I go.


I'm not sure stale, mass-produced corn wafers with lukewarm, sharp-tasting, goopy cheese product on top can really count as Mexican food. Even with the canned jalapeños on top.


I couldn't agree with you any more.

Yellow Magician wrote:
This one time, I went to the cinema with a couple of friends (to watch Robocop IIRC) and a random guy sitting alone kept on turning around and asking me stuff like "WHAT HAPPENED?", "WHAT'S HIS NAME" and "WHY DID HE DO THAT????" Awkward as hell.


Sounds like that guy suddenly developed severe dementia or something. You sure this guy was sober?
There is no solace above or below. I pray for myself, to myself - Frank Underwood

Image
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Zoinks

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:47 pm

Posts: 1911

davech1987 wrote:
Yellow Magician wrote:
This one time, I went to the cinema with a couple of friends (to watch Robocop IIRC) and a random guy sitting alone kept on turning around and asking me stuff like "WHAT HAPPENED?", "WHAT'S HIS NAME" and "WHY DID HE DO THAT????" Awkward as hell.


Like the american pie link :D

I've never seen an American Pie movie so that reference is lost on me, unfortunately...

Sjibbey wrote:
Sounds like that guy suddenly developed severe dementia or something. You sure this guy was sober?

Yeah - think it might have been, well, mental issues instead. Poor guy.
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

Gender: Male

Location: UK

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am

Posts: 202

Was at the cinema yesterday with a friend to see the Judge
A couple behind me wouldnt shut the hell up and damn popcorn cruching so noisy :(
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Mrs. Jughead Jones ♥

Gender: Female

Location: Austria

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:38 pm

Posts: 1229

There are quite a lot of things which annoy me at the cinema.

1. People who won't shut the hell up. Yeah, I understand that your sad sobbing story is something you have to tell your partner/wife/husband/brother/sister/friend/whatever, but this might first be private and second it's disturbing the other people who paid for this movie and hell, they want to see it without anyone disturbing them.

2. It looks like a mess afterwards. I swear, I could puke or throwing a fit or whatever, but when the cinema is looking like a mess afterwards for example popcorn on the floor, empty soda cans stuck in between the seats or just left poorly behind on the floor - this is the only big thing that disturbs me a lot. I mean, excuse me a cinema is an official place for people, not your room or something like that.

3. Cellphones during the movie. It annoys me so damn much. We have that sign 'no cellphones allowed' put up for a reason. The same is with selfbrought food and/or drinks. This stays at your place and I think it has nothing to do there in a cinema, when you can eat and drink that easily at your place. There's a reason we have something to eat and drink in a cinema.

4. Too little space. I'm pretty tall and so it always has been a problem for me to sit in the cinema, my feet squeezed all the way inbetween my seat and the seat in front of me. God, please, no, stop it for god's sake.

5. The endless reviews before the movie starts (and that later than expected!). In the time when the reviews and commercials are flooding through the screen, I've eaten my popcorn halfway and plus, it's boring. You're here to watch a movie, goddamn it.

6. People who are being way TOO noisy. I once was in the cinema with my ex-boyfriend, we sat in the 1st row, pretty near the screen and we were going to enjoy the movie when a bunch of illiterate teenagers were showing up, screaming during 60 percent of the movie and yeah, they were disturbing us big time. Some people even threw some popcorn towards them to shush them, but it was pretty much useless. I hate such idiots who are disturbing the movie, and we paid for it so let us watch this goddamn movie.

7. People who are putting their feet on the seat in front of them. Absolute no-go, when I am the one sitting in front and some dumb idiot decides to put his/her feet up and resting them on my seat. I hate that, because I feel uncomfortable and can't enjoy the movie.

8. People who are running out when the movie just ended. I understand that you want to go home, but that can be done a bit more calm and collected. Just WALK out and everything's fine.

I think we pretty much have all those problems anyway.
What makes a place feel like home? Is it warmth and familiarity? Some idealized, make-believe TV version of the American Dream? Is it love and acceptance? Or is it simple safety?

Jughead Jones
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

Quote:
There's a reason we have something to eat and drink in a cinema.


Yeah, so the cinema makes money. Seriously, that stuff is overpriced - I don't go to movies often myself, in fact very rarely, but I do know that just a decently sized drink and popcorn (or nachos) can cost me just below 10€. Yes, that is a lot. Especially for people like me, where practically everything is a luxus. Plus, that stuff is unhealthy.

I personally go to the standpoint, if you feel like you HAVE to bring in your own snack or drink (and I mean snack, not a huge pizza as dinner later, please) then at least have it not so blatantly out in the open. If you can get it in without my noticing AND don'T leave evidence of it behind later, I'll be quite happy.

Here's my pet peeve for going to cinemas. Buying alcohol for it. Dude, can you NOT watch a movie without having a fucking BEER in your hand?

C-A
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

High level play

Gender: Male

Location: Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Posts: 1138

CatMuto wrote:
Here's my pet peeve for going to cinemas. Buying alcohol for it. Dude, can you NOT watch a movie without having a fucking BEER in your hand?
C-A


Going to the cinemas with family, friends or SO is considered a social event right? As long as you don't need to drive afterwards what's wrong with drinking beer during the movie? Social events are exactly the places to drink in my book.

Most people take only 1 or 2 beers with them to their seats. You'll have trouble to carrying more, only 1 holder per arm-seat and it's really expensive. They don't get wasted and annoyingly drunk from that amount of alcohol so why do you have a problem with people drinking beer at a movie?
There is no solace above or below. I pray for myself, to myself - Frank Underwood

Image
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

Sjibbey wrote:
so why do you have a problem with people drinking beer at a movie?


Problem is, I had to clean that shit up. And it stank.

C-A
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Mrs. Jughead Jones ♥

Gender: Female

Location: Austria

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:38 pm

Posts: 1229

Sjibbey wrote:
what's wrong with drinking beer during the movie?


I am not against social drinking, it just doesn't belong in a cinema. Some drunk people get offended very easily, scream around a lot - thus disturbing the movie (just my optinion though). I know what I'm talking about, my ex-boyfriend is an alcoholic, pretty much a really heavy drinker and we went to the cinema once, he bought lots of beer and after the first beer I thought, 'Oh god, my life's over'

Don't get me wrong, I'm a social drinker myself, but alcohol doesn't belong in a cinema and this is the only place where I'm thinking that this should be forbidden to drink a damn beer during a movie.
What makes a place feel like home? Is it warmth and familiarity? Some idealized, make-believe TV version of the American Dream? Is it love and acceptance? Or is it simple safety?

Jughead Jones
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

Gender: Male

Location: UK

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am

Posts: 202

If people put feet up on your chair you have every right to tell them to take them down :).

Most films I see tend to be 18 plus as only (mostly) adults can see the movie and they are there for the same reason as me :D

I went to see gone girl a while back only me and 5 other people in the screen it was awesome
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

High level play

Gender: Male

Location: Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Posts: 1138

Mary Faraday wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:
what's wrong with drinking beer during the movie?


I am not against social drinking, it just doesn't belong in a cinema. Some drunk people get offended very easily, scream around a lot - thus disturbing the movie (just my optinion though). I know what I'm talking about, my ex-boyfriend is an alcoholic, pretty much a really heavy drinker and we went to the cinema once, he bought lots of beer and after the first beer I thought, 'Oh god, my life's over'

Don't get me wrong, I'm a social drinker myself, but alcohol doesn't belong in a cinema and this is the only place where I'm thinking that this should be forbidden to drink a damn beer during a movie.


I know this will simply be one personal opinion against another, but I don't agree with that last sentence you put there.

First of all: you say that drinking during a movie should be forbidden based on your experience with an alcoholic. That's pretty extreme for a window of reference. An alcoholic shouldn't drink alcohol or you'll get trouble. The same goes for junkies and drugs. If you can't control yourself from needing this substance then you have problems, but that's probably an other discussion altogether.

Secondly: People who scream around a lot are just dicks (or cunts respectively) or annoying children. Alcohol is forbidden for children so also not relevant here but the ladies and gents in question who get troublesome with alcohol do.
The thing is: is the alcohol responsible for their annoying behavior? Like I said it's pretty rare that people get wasted in the cinema's because of price, location and atmosphere (why get blasted when it's expensive, in a dark room where you're expected to be quiet and enjoy a movie). It's more likely that people display rude behavior because they don't care about the other people in the cinema and only about themselves. In other words: these people are dicks/cunts.

Can alcohol makes this behavior worse? Yes
Is a lot of alcohol consumed during the movie? Not likely but yes it's possible.

The problem here isn't the alcohol (or beer) but people not being able to control or behave themselves when at the cinema. You're blaming a tool/product which gets abused by it's user as the cause for the rude behavior. Why should cinemas stop selling beer when it's up to people to drink it responsibly and cinemas can make a profit from it?
There is no solace above or below. I pray for myself, to myself - Frank Underwood

Image
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

Quote:
Why should cinemas stop selling beer when it's up to people to drink it responsibly and cinemas can make a profit from it?


Because people are idiots.

C-A
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Mrs. Jughead Jones ♥

Gender: Female

Location: Austria

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:38 pm

Posts: 1229

... I think I shouldn't add anything anymore <_<

And I think I shouldn't write out my optinion because some people are directly bashing against it. I'm not saying that this applies to you, but guess I was in the wrong, Sorry 'bout that, I won't disturb you anymore with people who should drink at cinemas or not.

/rolls out
What makes a place feel like home? Is it warmth and familiarity? Some idealized, make-believe TV version of the American Dream? Is it love and acceptance? Or is it simple safety?

Jughead Jones
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

High level play

Gender: Male

Location: Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Posts: 1138

C'mon Mary, I didn't mean bash your optinion. It's simply a discussion about alcohol (beer) in cinemas. On that matter you can't be wrong (or right) since it's just opinion against opinion. Both sides have valid points. All I wanted to do was explain why I felt I was in the right. The best way to do this is debunking the arguments from the other side and strengthen your own standpoints with new or improved arguments. It's a pretty elaborate setup for such a simple discussion, but it's the way I learned to debate in school and how I argue with my friends about stuff.

I know you 'rolled out' but always feel free to tell me if you think I'm in the wrong. I prefer it when people say I'm right though :godot:

Anyways sorry if what I said or how I said it rubbed you the wrong way. I still stand by it though.
There is no solace above or below. I pray for myself, to myself - Frank Underwood

Image
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:03 pm

Posts: 141

Mary Faraday wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:
what's wrong with drinking beer during the movie?

(...)
Don't get me wrong, I'm a social drinker myself, but alcohol doesn't belong in a cinema and this is the only place where I'm thinking that this should be forbidden to drink a damn beer during a movie.

Actually, I think tha--- (Notices that Sjibbey is from the Netherlands and Mary from Austria)
Oh, I guess they might be more lenient towards beer-drinking in the Netherlands, no? I'm friends with this guy who keeps telling me about that.
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

High level play

Gender: Male

Location: Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Posts: 1138

TheUllas wrote:
Mary Faraday wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:
what's wrong with drinking beer during the movie?

(...)
Don't get me wrong, I'm a social drinker myself, but alcohol doesn't belong in a cinema and this is the only place where I'm thinking that this should be forbidden to drink a damn beer during a movie.

Actually, I think tha--- (Notices that Sjibbey is from the Netherlands and Mary from Austria)
Oh, I guess they might be more lenient towards beer-drinking in the Netherlands, no? I'm friends with this guy who keeps telling me about that.


As long as your 18 you basically have no legal restrictions regarding alcohol around here. It's also socially accepted to drink it anywhere. Although drinking in public areas (like a local park or near a school) is prohibited.

Isn't alcohol the only drug that's universally accepted drug around the world though?
There is no solace above or below. I pray for myself, to myself - Frank Underwood

Image
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

A user has no custom title

Gender: Male

Location: Everywhere simultaneously

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1150

I remember when I went to see the final Harry Potter movie, I sat next to a group of junior high girls who wouldn't shut up and stop giggling during

Spoiler:
Snape's death scene.


I mean... I'd already read the books, so I knew what was going on. But it still totally ruined the mood.
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

Ropfa wrote:
I remember when I went to see the final Harry Potter movie, I sat next to a group of junior high girls who wouldn't shut up and stop giggling during

Spoiler:
Snape's death scene.


I mean... I'd already read the books, so I knew what was going on. But it still totally ruined the mood.


Ehhhh the movies fucked up too much stuff, anyway. :ron:

C-A
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

There is only one truth!

Gender: Male

Location: Poland

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:59 pm

Posts: 51

I hate the sight of couples making out in cinema. Jesus Christ. I understand, they're madly in love like Nick was in Dahlia, they enjoy themselves and the film, but hey, there are limits. Limits that shouldn't be crossed.
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

earthlings on fire

Gender: Female

Location: Hazakura Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 am

Posts: 1012

Being Canadian, the idea of alcohol being sold at cinemas, let alone consumed, is really foreign to me. I found the above discussion really interesting. I've never seen a cinema sell alcohol.

I hate the stupid commercials that come on before the previews that try and make cheap gadgets sound really high tech. "Buy this TOTALLY WIRELESS LASER KEYBOARD LIKE ALL THE SPIES HAVE!" They've very obnoxious.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Classified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:55 pm

Posts: 514

People behind me kicking my chair, and when I stop to look at them they stop but, as soon as I go back to watching the movie they start kicking my chair again.
Friend me on: 3DS: 0963-3569-2439 PSN: ZoomCraftGaming and Steam: ZoomBoom124
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

Gender: None specified

Location: Between the blue and the red

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:49 am

Posts: 136

Seeing all these makes me think cinemas here where I am are apparently still pretty tame :basil:

But then again, I'm not usually a cinema goer.

.

My main problem would be using phones in movie houses. Already well elaborated by posters above me.

Anther would be cinema houses cutting off the reel as soon as the credits start rolling. My friend had his issue with their local cinema when one of those Marvel movies showed, and you know that they always have post credits scenes. It was just plain rude. People got angry and took to Facebook, actually.
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Don't call me Shirley

Gender: Male

Location: France

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:53 pm

Posts: 168

No offense, but upon going to the movies for the first times in the united states, I had the unpleasant experience of having both movies pretty much ruined by people cheering, yelling, clapping and boo-hing half of the time. Much to my surprise, no one seemed annoyed or was telling them to shut the hell up. Later learned it was more or less considered normal there...
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2778

Shtak wrote:
No offense, but upon going to the movies for the first times in the united states, I had the unpleasant experience of having both movies pretty much ruined by people cheering, yelling, clapping and boo-hing half of the time. Much to my surprise, no one seemed annoyed or was telling them to shut the hell up. Later learned it was more or less considered normal there...


Assuming you're not trolling, just reacting to a movie isn't against the rules in the US, no.

Making distracting noises or gestures not related to your experience of the film can get you kicked out (yapping on a phone, taking a screaming baby to the movie and not leaving, talking too loudly with your companions while movie is going on).

If you want to go to a movie in silence, then you'll have to wait until its final days when the theatre is empty. Either that or wait for it to come out on Netflix or a rental kiosk.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Classified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:55 pm

Posts: 514

When I went to see Star Wars The Force Awakens, a guy behind me kept spoiling parts of the movie.
Friend me on: 3DS: 0963-3569-2439 PSN: ZoomCraftGaming and Steam: ZoomBoom124
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Don't call me Shirley

Gender: Male

Location: France

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:53 pm

Posts: 168

Jean Descole wrote:
Shtak wrote:
No offense, but upon going to the movies for the first times in the united states, I had the unpleasant experience of having both movies pretty much ruined by people cheering, yelling, clapping and boo-hing half of the time. Much to my surprise, no one seemed annoyed or was telling them to shut the hell up. Later learned it was more or less considered normal there...


Assuming you're not trolling, just reacting to a movie isn't against the rules in the US, no.

Making distracting noises or gestures not related to your experience of the film can get you kicked out (yapping on a phone, taking a screaming baby to the movie and not leaving, talking too loudly with your companions while movie is going on).

If you want to go to a movie in silence, then you'll have to wait until its final days when the theatre is empty. Either that or wait for it to come out on Netflix or a rental kiosk.



No, I'm definitely not trolling. I went to movies in at least eight different countries in the world, and yours was the only one where people keep yelling and clapping for the whole thing, hence my surprise and displeasure with the experience. In ANY european country, people just keep fully silent, and if you start making any kind of loud noise, people all around you will quickly give you bad looks, or worse.
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Japan

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 am

Posts: 118

From my experience, when I'm in the UK, I'd hear the crowd laugh if there's something funny but otherwise it seems people mostly stay silent, though it's been a long time since I last saw a movie there. When I went to see The Force Awakens with my family in Osaka, the audience stayed silent throughout, or at least I didn't notice any noises or distractions.

As a former short person, one of my biggest pet peeves in cinemas was sitting behind someone a lot taller than me. I could see most of the screen, but my OCD started acting up and I'd desperately try to wiggle around to find a position in which I could see the entire screen.
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

is a five star man.

Gender: Male

Location: London

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 76

This is the ultimate cinema code of conduct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A-KV_xkrnc All things mentioned in the video annoy me greatly. How often do people actually act on these annoyances though? Personally, I've never actually told anyone off, but I came really close when I was watching Jurassic World at the Imax, and this guy next to me kept taking out his phone, then leaving and returning repeatedly. It really pissed me off, but I just never said anything because A) I'm too afraid of conflict and B) getting involved in a confrontation is even more distracting from the film. Gah, life is tough :P
Image
Visit http://toatalireviews.wordpress.com for all your TV and video game review needs.
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2778

Shtak wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:
Shtak wrote:
No offense, but upon going to the movies for the first times in the united states, I had the unpleasant experience of having both movies pretty much ruined by people cheering, yelling, clapping and boo-hing half of the time. Much to my surprise, no one seemed annoyed or was telling them to shut the hell up. Later learned it was more or less considered normal there...


Assuming you're not trolling, just reacting to a movie isn't against the rules in the US, no.

Making distracting noises or gestures not related to your experience of the film can get you kicked out (yapping on a phone, taking a screaming baby to the movie and not leaving, talking too loudly with your companions while movie is going on).

If you want to go to a movie in silence, then you'll have to wait until its final days when the theatre is empty. Either that or wait for it to come out on Netflix or a rental kiosk.



No, I'm definitely not trolling. I went to movies in at least eight different countries in the world, and yours was the only one where people keep yelling and clapping for the whole thing, hence my surprise and displeasure with the experience. In ANY european country, people just keep fully silent, and if you start making any kind of loud noise, people all around you will quickly give you bad looks, or worse.


That does sound kind of extreme, though. Maybe it was just that type of movie? In my experience, funny movies or movies with the occasional shocking moment tend to get more reactions.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: annoys you when at cinemaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Call me Ishmael.

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm

Posts: 2434

The pre-movie commercials for me. I find advertisement annoying enough as it is, but it's like every time you go to cinemas the commercial time is at least a little bit longer than before. Next time I'm gonna try showing up maybe ~15 minutes late.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
Page 1 of 2 [ 48 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO