Board index » Roleplay » Trials

Page 1 of 1[ 13 posts ]

BX-2: The Genetic TurnaboutTopic%20Title

Prosecutor

NOTE: This case arguably contains a mild-to-moderate spoiler for Apollo Justice.

- - -

"There she is, out like a light. So long, Selena. It's been nice knowing you."

* rummage rummage rummage *

"That's strange. She's as cold as death..."

- - -

An Ivy University fruit fly geneticist is found dead, poisoned with the exceedingly expensive drug capulettin. To police inquiries, her labmates offer few solid answers and many evasions. What lies hidden behind the Flye Lab's conspiracy of silence?

THE VICTIM:

Dr. Selena Flye, 27: A postdoc in the lab of her father, Martin Flye. Worked closely with the defendant on multiple projects.

WITNESSES:

Dr. Oscar Sophilist, 28: The defendant, a postdoc in the Flye Lab. Accused of poisoning Dr. Selena Flye with capulettin.

Professor Martin Flye, 65: An expert in fly metabolism. Head of the Flye Lab.

Elaine Madari, 21: An undergraduate working in the Flye Lab. May have seen Dr. Sophilist tampering with Dr. Flye's coffee.

Additional witnesses may be found as the case progresses.

Note: If necessary, I'll provide any scientific details that players need to know. It shouldn't be too problematic. The defendant may be called as a witness by the Defense or the Prosecution, though he is not obliged to give any testimony that would hurt his own case.

OPEN ROLES, AND COMMENTS ON THE ROLES:

Dr. Oscar Sophilist: (Matt620)

(This is a heavy role as defendants go; expect to have a lot of information to track. You'll be questioned in the pre-investigation phase by the Defense, and be prepared to be called to the stand.)

Professor Martin Flye: (FerdieLance)

(Another heavy role. During the Investigation phase, you'll be answering questions about the laboratory and research, and you may be a witness during the trial. Your role may have other obligations as well.)

Elaine Madari: (Molotov)

(How involved this role gets is up to you. You will certainly be called as a witness, but you can also join in the Investigation phase.)

Detective: Dick Gumshoe (Neodan282)

(Theoretically, at least, you're leading the Investigation. You get to decide when all Investigating ends, and you have the responsibility of collecting Evidence for the Court Record. You can also arrest people if you feel it proper. The one thing you can't do is kick the Defense out of the scene; the recently-passed Equal Access To Crime Scenes Act prohibits that. Sorry.)

Prosecution: Ivan Dzhugashvili (General Luigi)

(You investigate with the Detective, question witnesses, deliver the opening statement for the Prosecution, try to show that Oscar Sophilist had both the opportunity and the motive to kill Selena Flye, and find decisive evidence against him. If you feel that you can no longer prosecute Oscar Sophilist in good conscience, you may drop the charges against him. If you wish to name a new suspect during the Investigation phase and prosecute them instead, you may do so.)

Assistant to the Prosecution: Lily (jokerta)

(You have all the rights and privileges of the Lead Prosecutor, except that you can't choose to drop the charges. If the Prosecution drops out of the RP, you replace them and a new Assistant is appointed.)

Defense: Alex Gallagher (birdofslimfast)

(You consult with your client, investigate the scene, deliver the opening statement for the Defense, and try to get him off the hook - or at least reduce the charges as much as possible. You can try to convince your client to plead Guilty for a lighter sentence if you want.)

Aide to the Defense: Dominic Hughes (GavinnerRock)

(You have all the rights and privileges of the Lead Defense, except that you don't handle Guilty/Not Guilty pleas or deliver the Opening Statement. If the Defense drops out of the RP, you replace them and a new Assistant is appointed.)

---

Image credits:

Selena Flye - Gabriel Knight, Sierra On-Line
Oscar Sophilist - Frankensteined and heavily edited
Martin Flye - The Dagger of Amon Ra, Sierra On-Line
Elaine Madari - Frankensteined and edited

Last edited by FerdieLance on Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:11 am, edited 6 times in total.
Re: BX-2: The Genetic TurnaboutTopic%20Title

To err is human, to forgive divine.

No Judge? D:

Prosecutor

The Judge will be played by me, for the sake of maintaining play balance and shooting questions at the Prosecution and Defense at key times.

Hearsay and Slander

I'll play the research student if you'll have me.

In Justice We Trust

If you will accept me as the prosecutor, I would like the role.
I'll always love you, Max.

Always a hostile witness

I'll take the defendant.

Living Soundtrack

I would like to be the defense if you'll let me
Everyone should be able to make at least one witty pun per day!
"Remember, no matter what, never hide in an 'effing oven."

Prosecutor

I'm tempted to take the part of Martin myself, if only to simplify the investigation section. But we still need a Detective.

Detective... Well, not yet.

I wanna be the Prosecution's assistant!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9912 < --- Franziska X Phoenix Fan Fiction =P

<insert awesome signature that totally PWNS here>
Current AA Project: Turnabout... Love?

This looks pretty fun, I want to be Detective Gumshoe please. You need a detective, right?

Prosecutor

Okay, we just need a Defense Assistant and a Martin Flye, and we can get moving!

Going fangirl over Larry Butz

I'll be defense assistant Dominic Hughes!

Prosecutor

Great! In that case, it looks like I'll be playing Martin Flye. Let's begin the pre-trial investigation phase.

Defense players: Before the investigation begins, you'll get a chance to talk to your client by PM. PM Oscar Sophilist (Matt620) and RP out the meeting. Please be sure to send me copies of the messages you exchange, so that I can dodge any subtle contradictions that may arise.

Prosecution players: It's time to interview the coroner, Mort Augustini (FerdieLance). This will be RPed by PM with me; be sure to use the option that allows you to send PMs to multiple people so that you're in communication with each other.

Detective Gumshoe: Elaine Madari (Molotov) might have seen something interesting on the day of the poisoning (that is to say, the day before the body was found). I recommend that you contact her and ask a few questions.

If anybody has any questions at all, please PM me and I'll answer them to the best of my ability. After this initial round of pre-investigation is done, we'll open up the Investigation thread in the trials forum.
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » Roleplay » Trials