Board index » Roleplay » Trials

Page 1 of 1[ 29 posts ]

UI-3 - Lies, Deceit and TurnaboutTopic%20Title

Faith is for the transient people.

Case UI-3

(Keep in mind that I used PW char names for a reason; you CAN change them if you want, but I modelled a character after the witness)

Defense Attorney: Phoenix Wright (or your character) (Played by ArcanaFang
Defense Aide: Jay Slezak (Played by Slezak)
Prosecuting Attorney: Damion Shadowfox (Played by TailsBell)
Victim(s): George Hope, Jorge Fileep
Defendant: Chris Kleft (Played by ME)
Judge: Judge (Alternating Play by ME and Dahlia) (Who really is gonna play him anyway? o.O I guess alternating works)
Witness: Dahlia Hawthorne (both days) (Played by Dahlia)
Witness: Kevin Looper (played by ME)

Court Record:

Evidence:
Attorney's Badge: Shows you're a prosecuting or defense attorney.
Autopsy Report: Victim died of a heart attack; nothing else was seen except a dent in his chestbone. Unknown death method; it is theorized that Chris forced the heart attack by blunt trauma. Murder weapon unestablished.
Bloody Scarf: Belonged to George Hope. has his blood and Chris' fingerprints on it.
Stone block: Has no blood, but contains Dahlia Hawthorne's fingerprints.
Computer keyboard: Has blood on keys in the shape of fingerprints. Unknown whose it is; suspected to be Chris' fingerprints.

Evidence for day 2 not complete yet.

Day 1 will be trial-only; Day 2 will have an investigation.

Profiles:
Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney. Defense lawyer.
Jay Slezak - Phoenix's assistant in court and investigations.
Damion Shadowfox - Proseucting Attorney.
Chris Kleft - A mysterious person. Friends with Dahlia Hawthorne. Was seen by her on the day of the murder. He seems to be hiding some crucial info...
Dahlia Hawthorne - Not much is known about her to most of the court; she saw Chris on the day of the murder. She turned him in and claims she saw him murder George. Externally sweet.
George Hope - Victim #1. Part of a trio with Chris Kleft and Dahlia Hawthorne. Unknown what they did, suspected just another group of friends.
Jorge Fileep - (SPOILERS FOR THIS CASE) I will give his info when we get there, but nobody plays him anyway.
Kevin Looper - Met on Day 2, police officer. Rest is unknown until we get there.

Why was Kleft accused? His fingerprints were found on the scarf that George was wearing when he died. Bloody fingerprints were found on the keyboard of the computer he regularly uses as well. Unknown murder method, will be established in court. Body was found in basement of Chris Kleft's house.

What is Kleft hiding? He seems to know more than he lets on; but Phoenix and Co. are unable to get any information out of him as Psyche-Locks appear.

NOTE: If the trials section doesn't let us in when all roles are filled, we'll be doing this trial elsewhere. I don't want to bother the admins about the Trials forum - they have enough to worry about as is.
Proud supporter of Phoenix/Iris, past, present and future
Thank you Elriel! :D

Last edited by Xero Wright on Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:36 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Re: UI-3 - Lies, Deceit and TurnaboutTopic%20Title

Fox Prosecutor

Can i be the prosecutor.

And can he be Damion Shadowfox

It's Godot backwards.

I... would like to be the defendant... If possible, change the name to Johnathan Darkly...
It appears I have started a roleplay called A World of Super Humans. You should join it.

Todog wrote:
I... would like to be the defendant... If possible, change the name to Johnathan Darkly...

No, I'm already playing the defendant. I have a specific role for him. Read my intro post, I said it. :P

NOTE: I've reserved three of the roles for friends of mine that are in a case group. If they decide they don't want the roles, I will re-open them. I'm going to add a Witness 2 as well - he's definitely open.

DA RESERVED for Xin Eohp
DA Aide RESERVED for Slezak
Dahlia Hawthorne(Witness 1) RESERVED for Dahlia

And, I would like to ask that the Defense Attorney's name stay "Phoenix Wright" and the first witness "Dahlia Hawthorne", should either of them be taken by Xin Eohp or Dahlia. Because the witness in this case acts exactly like Dahlia, and it'd be fun to see how it turns out. The Aide can be whoever he wants.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

"Defense Aide Jay Slezak (also Amateur Detective) reporting, sir! With the methods of scientific investigation on our side, nothing can go wrong!" Jay said as he rushed into the room. "Oh, sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Amateur Detective Jay Slezak, but on the side, I've been studying law and have actually passed the bar exam. However, I decided to become a detective for now because I love science and scientific investigation. That's another reason I'm a defense aide today, to help out Phoenix and learn more about this trial stuff before I decide if I wanna go into the law circuit." 'I hope that wasn't too complicated for anyone, I'm kinda bad at introductions...' Jay thought to himself.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Could I be the judge? :udgy:

ArcanaFang wrote:
Could I be the judge? :udgy:

Yes, you certainly may.

k thank you. So what other spots need to be filled?

The second witness, Kevin Looper, needs to be taken. He's a serious person and doesn't make mistakes (unlike a certain Gumshoe, poor guy), and etc. etc.

Xin Eohp and Dahlia, read my post above this one to see what you'll be in the fan trial (if you want to be in it). We won't be starting it until after Xin's trial, unless he says otherwise. And it'll be at my board.

NOW TAKE IT TO THE LAUNCH PAD!

Oooh! I get to play Dahlia! Goodie!
Art by the talented Vickinator, thank you! ^_^

Dahlia wrote:
Oooh! I get to play Dahlia! Goodie!

I reserved that for you because I think you play Dahlia perfectly. XD The role is yours!

NOW TAKE IT TO THE LAUNCH PAD!

Oh well, it's not like I copied her in the PW case RP exactly...
*Hides spade*
Art by the talented Vickinator, thank you! ^_^

Dahlia wrote:
Oh well, it's not like I copied her in the PW case RP exactly...
*Hides spade*

>.> Yeah, I know you did. Copying the entire end of Comeback Memories... XD but still, better to know how to RP her than to not, right?

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Jay pops in. "How's everyone doin'? ...Oh, not everyone's here yet... Ah! Hi there, Miss Dahlia!" Jay walks in and sits down in the "discussion lounge" or whatever you wanna call it.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Slezak wrote:
Jay pops in. "How's everyone doin'? ...Oh, not everyone's here yet... Ah! Hi there, Miss Dahlia!" Jay walks in and sits down in the "discussion lounge" or whatever you wanna call it.

Not too bad.

Either way, this trial WILL be moved to my board, but I'm currently waiting on Xin Eohp to see if he wants to do his trial, Turnabout Dead Drop, first or not. Mostly because he hasn't been getting on much as of late. Then again, that makes TDD the most likely case to go on since he's just the judge, and once everyone gets their info we can go on without him for now. (Since I reserved the defense for him).

so where exactly is your forum, can you PM me the link?

I will, yes, when all the roles are filled. There's only two remaining: Phoenix Wright and Witness 2. (I'm about to remove Xin Eohp's reservation since he doesn't seem to be coming online anytime soon.)

well heck...i wouldn't mind being the Defense Attorney instead of the Judge, sadly though...we would have a Judge then lol

ArcanaFang wrote:
well heck...i wouldn't mind being the Defense Attorney instead of the Judge, sadly though...we would have a Judge then lol

Heh... if you think you're capable of such a very important role (You'd have to be the one to respond about 80% of the time, court and investigations, not to mention the three Psyche-Lock scenes.), then I'll give it to you. Think about it carefully... the DA is actually the most important role in the entire case. Especially with how hard it's going to be to prove that the real murderer did it. (It'll be easy at first though.)

And, for the moment I'll take Kevin Looper. After all, I can be a pretty decisive witness XD

He who plays Phoenix Wright must also abide by these guidelines-
- You MUST play like Phoenix Wright. It's very important in this particular case because of a certain witness. There'll be many 'personal brawls' in court between the two. For various reasons.
- There will be a penalty bar; if it goes down to 0, your Aide will give you the answer to the contradiction or evidence needed and it will go back up to half. Don't abuse this, it'll hurt your credibility by the Judge if you let this happen too often.
- I personally will be handling the Psyche-Lock scenes. As in, I will present the dialogue between you and the one with the Locks, and then you have to present evidence as necessary. Otherwise it will just take too long.
- Try to keep your dialogue long. The shorter it is, the more questions it arises and the longer the investigations take.

Other than that, have fun with it; this is not an entirely serious Trial, but I don't want it to get out of hand like I've seen some do. I'm sure everyone knows what I mean.

Also, be that the case, I'd be the Judge. Or Dahlia would be (since Dahlia can control the Judge with her... externally sweet image. XD)

Quote:
He who plays Phoenix Wright must also abide by these guidelines-
- You MUST play like Phoenix Wright. It's very important in this particular case because of a certain witness. There'll be many 'personal brawls' in court between the two. For various reasons.
- There will be a penalty bar; if it goes down to 0, your Aide will give you the answer to the contradiction or evidence needed and it will go back up to half. Don't abuse this, it'll hurt your credibility by the Judge if you let this happen too often.
- I personally will be handling the Psyche-Lock scenes. As in, I will present the dialogue between you and the one with the Locks, and then you have to present evidence as necessary. Otherwise it will just take too long.
- Try to keep your dialogue long. The shorter it is, the more questions it arises and the longer the investigations take.

Well I love a challenge really, and the witness, I'm sure that will spice things up. I am confident that I can play Phoenix Wright, (possible change his name to Mako Burnstead).

How many penaltys do we have? 5 allowed? because if it goes back up to half, wouldn't that be 2.5? lol

Glad to hear that you'll do the Pysche Lock Scenes, was kinda confused as to how that would actually go.

I'll be able to keep talking, trust me. I was a witness for my Mock Trial Team at school, I also know how the Lawyer Side works too. I'd love to do this.

The only thing I'm not certain of is The Investigation...is there an example you can show me? If not, I'm sure I can pick it up.

Okay. Basically, you'll be automatically taken to areas by the narrator (me). You'll talk to the witnesses and defendant in the areas like you would in the game. You'll be directed to the next area automatically so there won't be any confusion. I'll be describing all the areas, so you will know if there's a clue or something to search. I'll always put a hint next to something that needs to be searched.

There will be a Court Record; it will be posted once the Trial starts.

The DA has to be Phoenix Wright, for one reason - the witness is Dahlia Hawthorne. If you've played 3-1 you know why. (Or Comeback Court/Comeback Memories, the fan translation of 3-1 on GBA ROM)

If you are absolutely sure, post back once more, and then I'll lock all the spots and PM everyone.

EDIT: Oh, while I'm thinking about it...

You have 100%, like in Game 2 and 3. Any bad OBJECTIONs will bring it down by 20, just the same. Most evidence presenting that's asked of you is 10, and Psyche Locks go 5, 10, 20, 30, 50 (by each lock), but it's easier as you go through the P-Locks anyway.

Ok, thank you for clearing that up. I've also played T&T Case 1, so I understand completely.

And thank you for clearing up the Penalty question, I always counted the bar as 5 units. lol.

I've made the decision...I will be Phoenix Wright.

Very well!

ALL SLOTS ARE LOCKED. EVERY MEMBER WILL BE PMED WITH THE BOARD LOCATION.

The intro has been posted, you will be linked there as well. HOWEVER, before we can begin, everyone has to sign up for the board and post in the "Sign In" topic that I will link you to as well. Once that starts, I will unlock the real thread.

Also, if Xin Eohp comes back and wants his Fan Trial to start, we will be pausing this and allowing him to go. Unless people want two trials to be going on at once (Which I don't mind at all!)

PMs will be sent in the next little while. Need to reset this library computer.

It's Godot backwards.

Xero Wright wrote:
Todog wrote:

No, I'm already playing the defendant. I have a specific role for him. Read my intro post, I said it. :P

NOTE: I've reserved three of the roles for friends of mine that are in a case group. If they decide they don't want the roles, I will re-open them. I'm going to add a Witness 2 as well - he's definitely open.

DA RESERVED for Xin Eohp
DA Aide RESERVED for Slezak
Dahlia Hawthorne(Witness 1) RESERVED for Dahlia

And, I would like to ask that the Defense Attorney's name stay "Phoenix Wright" and the first witness "Dahlia Hawthorne", should either of them be taken by Xin Eohp or Dahlia. Because the witness in this case acts exactly like Dahlia, and it'd be fun to see how it turns out. The Aide can be whoever he wants.

ARG. I meant to say Defense... But now it's too late.
It appears I have started a roleplay called A World of Super Humans. You should join it.

Yeah, sorry. =\ All of the slots have been filled, and the RP has been started.

TailsBell, if you don't appear at the board by the time Trial Day 1 is over, I'm taking over the Prosecution. The others don't want to wait =\ And I don't want them to have to wait.

Xin Eohp ft. Evil Ayam xD

Please, can i still join, Xero ? I'm sorry i'm late, but i had a busy week at school -.-''

I say you did it... so you did it.

I'd like to join as well. If the prosecutor is still open (or not, I noticed Tailbells' name up there) I'd like to take him. If not, any role will do.

Location: Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada (yes i live in canada)

O man no more roles!
sigTolombo conMagic

Yeah, Iris, this case is near over. We're getting to the final part of the final day in trial... XD
Page 1 of 1 [ 29 posts ] 

Board index » Roleplay » Trials