Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 19 of 19[ 733 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Re: Danganronpa School Mode: Phase 2 - SPLIT Opinions!Topic%20Title

"Umm..." Sayako pursed her lips. "I don't really know much about computers so I don't quite understand how 'hacking' works, but from what I've gathered... we were all controlled somehow, and everyone here was freed from that control? But Sakura and the others are still in trouble, right? Please, Zimmern-kun, we have to go help them! If the rest of us were saved, they can be too, right?"

You’re so small in such a big world...

Rosalida giggled softly as Lumica patted her head.

Why, thank you. I'm not really used to being patted on the head. It feels . . . odd, but in a good way.

Then Lumica told her he wasn't a girl and begged her not to hate him. Hate you? I don't hate you. I'm sure you had a good reason to hide. But, ah, what you're saying is . . . a little concerning. Perhaps you would like to talk to me in my office when we get out of here? My door is always open, you know, Rosalida said through the link. Though, I suppose I may need to make my bedroom my office or something while we're here. I wonder if I can move one of those armchairs in here.

Then Lumica scooped her up and put her on his head.

Wheee~ Oooh! This hair is like grass. I feel like I'm a big cat stalking its prey. Rawr! Rosalida laughed silently.

Then they went downstairs, and Lumica spoke to Mikael. Rosalida smiled a nervous smile.

Right. Well, I'm intruding. I’d better go. We can link later, Rosalida thought through the link. Then, she began to fly, severing the link. She admittedly wasn't sure where to go next . . . until she saw Jay. He looked . . . well, like he needed a therapist. She flew toward him and tried to establish a link.

Jay? I'm here. Would you like to talk? I know I’m probably missing some things . . . . She could hear noises in the background. Mikael and Lumica talking, Remeku and Gary fighting, but she focused only on Jay.

~*~

“Y-yes! Hacked! Hacked hacked hacked hacked hacked! You were all hacked! How many times do I have to say it?! There was nothing you could do! Nothing I could do except attack and . . . and try to fix you . . . and . . . hope that . . . hope that you would forgive me when you woke up. But you’re not awake! You might not ever wake up . . . because of me . . . !”

And then Gary spoke. Cat was ready to point out the flaws in what Gary was saying, but then he insulted her . . . and made things worse for Austin.

“N-no! No no no no no!!! Why are you tormenting me like this? Don’t talk about my mom like that! Just disappear! D-disappear!!!” He writhed in Cat’s arms and jerked more violently as he spoke. Cat held on tight.

“Austin, Austin. It’s okay. It’s fine. I’m okay,” she cooed. “His words can’t hurt me. He’ll be out of sight soon. Just-”

“H-he’ll never leave! He’ll never stop hurting you! B-because he knows that that’s the best way to punish me for what I did! Through hurting you!” Austin flung himself about desperately, trying to find a way to escape Jeremy and Cat’s grasp.

“Austin . . . please . . . stop . . . ,” Cat managed between grunts. And then Jeremy spoke. Austin still flailed, but he didn’t do it as violently as before.

“No! No! You’re not helping me take back control! Y-you’re just taking it further away from me! Y-you . . . You can’t . . . help me . . . .” Tears rolled down his cheeks. “I can’t help me . . . .”

Cat grunted, the act of physically restraining her son while also carrying him sapping her energy quickly. “Bedroom, Jeremy . . . Austin has to have a bedroom, right? We can take him there to recover, can’t we? I’ll help you come up with a plan of action when he’s settled.”

Then Sayako spoke. Austin cringed as she opened her mouth, but then . . . the words he was expecting never came. He stopped squirming, frozen in place. But . . . she would have no reason to be this hopeful. This kind. And Lumica would have no reason to confess their feelings for Remeku . . . .

“Could it be . . . ? N-no, I shouldn’t get my hopes up. I shouldn’t get my hopes up . . . they’ll disappear . . . ,” he muttered to himself. Austin had been insisting he wanted them to disappear . . . . but he actually didn’t. He didn’t want to open his eyes and be alone again. Alone except for the unconscious bodies of his friends and family. But he had to . . . didn’t he? He blinked and spoke a little louder. “W-we . . . can . . . save them . . . b-but . . . we’ll have to - w-we’ll have to . . . f-fight them.”

Now she’d have to punish him, wouldn’t she? For telling her the only solution is to fight the one she loves? It had to be a cruel trick, just like last time . . . . He shuddered and averted his gaze, but no longer struggled.

Cat smiled slightly, tiredly. It seemed Austin was coming around a little.

“Thank you, Sayako. Yes, if Austin could save us, we can save them. It’ll be okay,” she said. And then they trekked through the kitchen and into the living room of the cottage. Austin completely froze once more upon looking toward the stairs, except for some blinking.

”Cat has to do what she can do for her own son, you need to stop saying trash! Stop it, Gary! Stop!” Remeku yelled at Gary with all of the breath she had. ”I’m so done with you.”

Cat shot Remeku a half-grateful, half-concerned look and offered the girl a strained smile. She waited for Kirimi to stop talking to her before she spoke, since their journey was rather slow-going across the living room to the hallway, anyway.

“Remeku, darling, thank you for trying to stand up for me . . . though, much as I hate to say it, I think you should try to walk away for now. I appreciate all of you’ve done, but you seem to be pushing yourself too hard. A-and, thank you, Kirimi. I’m sorry about before.”

Cat then glanced at Gary and scowled. She seemed to want to say something, when . . . .

“Lumica?” Austin asked suddenly. “Lumica, you’re . . . showing everyone who you really are . . . ? Th-that . . . that shouldn’t be happening . . . .” He bit his lip and froze once more. Cat looked down at him.

“Austin . . . ?”

It didn’t make sense. Lumica confessing his love for Remeku, Sayako being optimistic even knowing what happened to Sakura, and now Lumica revealing he’s a boy? Why would they deviate from the script this way, unless . . . ? . . . Unless they weren’t following a script. Austin gasped.

“Y-you’re real? Y-you were all . . . y-you were all really real all this time? B-but . . . but I thought . . . I thought . . . My god, I said such . . . horrible things. I’m sorry,” Austin said, clearly choked up as tears sprang to his eyes. He looked up at Cat and Jeremy . . . and smiled. “W-would you please set me down? Both of you? Please? I promise I’m okay. I’m okay now!” He didn’t try to struggle. “You can even set me down right here on the floor.”

Tears sprang to Cat’s eyes, too, and she looked at Jeremy, her smile looking much less strained, though she was still clearly exhausted.

“I’m okay to set him down if you are.” If Jeremy tried to set down Austin, so would she. Though on the floor was rather undignified, so she would have preferred to set him down in a chair.
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Last edited by Lida_Rose on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

"Hmmm... That's a relief to know that Austin will be okay, after all..." Gary mused as he watched Austin calm down, before he realizes that he should probably apologize to Cat. "Oh that actually reminds me..."

He went over to where Cat is. "Um... Ms. Zimmern, if you don't mind sparing some of your time.... I'd like to.... uh..." Gary said as he nervously looks over to where Remeku is, before he looks back to Ms. Zimmern. "Honestly, I don't know the right words to say, but... I'm sorry for being rude to you. If... my Mum finds out that I was being rude to people like you while I am attending Hope's Peak Academy, she'll be very disappointed in me, so that's why I'm apologizing to you right now. Anyway, I'm sorry for what I said to you."

"Well, I guess that's one thing done. Lumica's the only one left to apologize and everything should be better, right?" Gary thought to himself as he looks over to Austin. "Or maybe Lumica's not the only one left to apologize to... I don't know, really. I have yet to hear what Ms. Zimmern have to say."

"Uh, hey, Lumica?" Gary called out to Lumica. "If you're done talking with....." He trailed off, thinking about the threats that Remeku made while she was yelling at him. "If you're done talking with her, then I'd like to apologize to you as well. Just take your time, I guess. I can wait."

Just Mikael.

Lumica gulped and showed a very calm face. ”R-Remeku has shown me . . . many pictures of you and her . . . I know that what she says is true.” Lumica said as he put his arms around himself, even though it wasn’t cold. ”I-I d-don’t understand any of this either . . . Mikael, I have been asking her for a while why she is in love with you . . . She never tells me . . . I don’t understand . . . I-I . . . She was always there for me . . . Always protecting me . . . I thought s-she . . .” Lumica tried to think more about what he was trying to answer for Mikael. ”But then I think again . . . there doesn’t have to be a reason for love.” Lumica gripped himself tightly, like he was holding himself together. ”K-killing games . . . I feel like you and many other people have heard of the term, have you not? Anyway, I was in two killing games at this place called ‘Henashoru Labs’. It was a place where these two horrible people did experiments on kids that interested them . . .” Lumica said quietly, seeing everyone suddenly come in. He knew Rosalida was on top of his head, but he wanted her to hear this. He wanted to talk to Rosalida soon anyway, to see if she would help him. ”I experienced so many of my friends die . . . to the insanity of many of my other friends . . . and it was all because of those awful, awful, AWFUL scientists . . . !” Lumica grunted in sudden anger and then calmed back down. ”I then escaped before the third killing game could happen . . . And I came back multiple times to save other kids from this place . . .” Lumica said still with a bit of anger in his voice. ”I knew that the Henashorus would try and look for me, knowing I was the reason for many of their lab subjects escaping. So I hid myself as a girl . . .” Lumica said with disappointment. ”Now everyone will get upset with me because I hid myself as someone completely different . . . Nobody will understand that it’s so hard to be myself . . . when I know that I will be killed for it . . .” Lumica said with a bit more anger in his tone.

As Lumica's explanation bombarded Mikael with emotions, he had to lean against a nearby wall for support. He waited for Lumica's rant to pause for a moment.

"L-Lumica . . . I-I'm not sure I'm really . . . following any of this. 'H-Henashoru' . . . W-Wait! The last name of the guy outside that b-barrier. The one who y-yelled at everyone like he'd been taken over by a m-monster. Is . . . Is he . . . ?" Mikael asked, his voice quite shaky.

"K-Killing game!?" Mikael looked down, his voice a few pitches higher as he was trying his best to not become overrun with emotion. "I-I've . . . never heard of them, l-let alone been in one." He stared down at the stuffed animal in his clutches, pulling it tight against his chest. "Though if I was . . . I d-doubt I w-would even survi-" Mikael choked up, unable to finish the sentence as tears quickly filled and escaped from his eyes, falling on the stuffed animal's head. He buried his face into it and sobbed.

"M-Mikey . . . ! C'mon, pull yourself together! D-Don't . . . Don't do this to yourself," Yume~Kokoro said, attempting to be comforting, though not really changing from its cheerful tone. "I know it's tough to think about what I went through, but I had to learn to accept my fate . . . and change yours."

Mikael sobbed for a few more seconds before sniffling loudly and lifting his head up once more. He was still shivering as he continued to hold the stuffed creature as close to him as ever.

"B-But you . . . m-made it through two?" Mikael asked weakly, "And then went back in and r-rescued people?"

"That is pretty impressive, I gotta admit," Yume commented, "Even my talent couldn't save me."

Mikael gasped sharply. "T-Talent!? What do you m-mean? Voice acting?"

"Nooope! That's not your--I mean, my--Oh, whoops! Sorry. Thaaaat's a story for another time."

Mikael groaned in pained annoyance. "Yumeeee . . ."

Jay entered, looking rather downtrodden, and unceremoniously fell into an armchair.

Mikael, looking over with a bit of concern, let out a confused, "H-Huh?" He began to take a few steps that way, but then Rosalida flew from Lumica over towards him. Mikael turned back around and resumed his conversation with Lumica.

"L-Lumica . . . of course I w-wouldn't be upset at you f-for hiding your appearance," Mikael reassured, "A-Aren't you part of my m-memories too? I-I'm sure I'd understand . . . wh-what you're going through."

”A-ah? M-my voice?” Lumica was caught off guard by the sudden question. ”Whatever do you mean? That is my natural singing voice! I know I sound like a girl when I sing . . . but I use that ability to put people to sleep . . .” Lumica said and then gritted his teeth. ”I-I’m the Ultimate Escape Artist . . . I use my singing voice to put people to sleep and then escape them . . . At least, that’s my favorite method of escape . . .” Lumica said as he hugged himself tighter. He was going to say more but then heard Remeku burst out at Gary. ”Sho . . . ?’ Lumica almost wanted to go over to Gary and knock him out for making Remeku so mad but he didn’t want to start anymore drama. He shrugged it off and looked back to Mikael.

"That's . . . That's y-your natural singing voice!? I'm impressed. I s-still have a few problems with intonation m-myself . . . Uh, wait, you're an E-Escape Artist?" Mikael asked, intending to ask more questions but completely losing his train of thought as he heard Remeku yell at Gary, followed by Gary apologizing to Cat.

And then Gary called out to Lumica, confusing Mikael with what he was saying. ”W-What? I'm not that f-feminine looking, am I?”

After all the things Gary had apparently said to and about Remeku, Mikael didn't exactly feel the need to rush to finish his talk with Lumica.

---

Jay? I'm here. Would you like to talk? I know I’m probably missing some things . . . . She could hear noises in the background. Mikael and Lumica talking, Remeku and Gary fighting, but she focused only on Jay.

Feeling a somewhat familiar sensation in his head, Jay quickly opened his mind to Lida’s link and listened to her question.

’W-Wow. It's been ages since I last felt a telepathic link. I don't think I've even felt one yet this lifeti--oh right, you're here. Sorry. My mind's a big mess right now so it's been a bit aimless. I . . . um, I don't like the idea of hopeless situations. Hearing that I was being used for evil and that there's nothing I could've done about it took a lot out of me,’ Jay explained through his thoughts. Despite looking so out of it, Jay was still able to articulate his thoughts with relative clarity.

Jay adjusted the pocketbook in his hand and held it up so Lida could read it. It detailed what Austin had said about everyone being hacked and taken control of, about Austin having to incapacitate them all, and how Austin still believed his friends to be fake.

’I'm really worried about Austin, more than anything. I wish there was a way to make him realize we're re-’ Jay’s thoughts were interrupted by Austin being brought into the room. Jay's eyes widened at the exchange between Austin and Cat. When Austin finally apologized for the things he said, Jay's expression brightened. Still, Jay imagined his friends and himself being made to do evil things and shuddered. He didn't want to think about having to harm his friends, but the alternative was . . . Jay shook his head. ”I can't bear to think about what the ones still being affected are being forced to do at this moment. We . . . We have to save them!” Jay's voice was initially weak, but it crescendoed as he regained a bit of his self-confidence.

---

Jeremy wasn't sure how to respond to Austin's protests. He gritted his teeth and did his best to maintain a hold on Austin. Then, when Austin began to regain his senses, Jeremy couldn't suppress a smile.

"Austin, I am pleased that you have managed to calm down. It pained me to see you in such distress and to imagine what you must have been going through. Let us discuss how we may move forward from here, alright?" Jeremy suggested, giving Cat a sympathetic smile when she began to tear up.

“I’m okay to set him down if you are.” If Jeremy tried to set down Austin, so would she.

Jeremy nodded, and led Cat towards one of the unoccupied armchairs, positioning Austin in such a way that once Jeremy let go, Austin would rest neatly in the chair. He then took a look around the room, surveying the situation and the well-being of his other students. Noticing Jay had begun to regain some of his drive, Jeremy walked over and gave him a quick hug around the neck.

After releasing the hug, Jeremy turned toward Gary. "Mr. Liddell, your mother should be the least of your worries right now. I must say, I am extremely disappointed in your behavior, specifically how you have treated Austin, Cat, and Remeku. If you do not shape up soon, you can expect your mother to receive a detailed report of exactly what has transpired here. Do I make myself clear?" Jeremy crossed his arms and awaited Gary's response, "If I have not, I can present you with a very detailed list."
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Credit to my niece for the original drawing of Mikael Stanza which I rendered to produce the avatar you now see!

What is "Løv3"?

"L-Lumica . . . I-I'm not sure I'm really . . . following any of this. 'H-Henashoru' . . . W-Wait! The last name of the guy outside that b-barrier. The one who y-yelled at everyone like he'd been taken over by a m-monster. Is . . . Is he . . . ?" Mikael asked, his voice quite shaky.

”You d-don’t have to get any of it . . . No one should have to understand any of it . . . No one should of had to go through it . . . Not me, not Remeku, not Kishima, not Kirimi, not Warai . . .” Lumica said through pained grunts. ”Not Aito, not Ochi, not Shizukana . . .” Lumica said softly. He looked back at Mikael with a frown. ”Kishima’s last name is Henashoru, so is Remeku’s. Their siblings, after all. And just because they’re related to such evil people, doesn’t mean that they’re evil themselves . . . Kishima has gone through way more than anyone else has in that lab, him not having parents himself. He’s only considered a Henashoru because he was created by the Henashorus. He was just a science project. He was supposed to be part of something known as, “The Despair Experiment”. I saved him from the lab, and I took him to the Latas, witch are Kirimi’s parents. He stayed there for a while, but then went back to the labs to try and rescue Kirimi’s little brother, Warai Lata. Kishima never returned, being caught by the Henashorus. Of course, the KSM/Kishima project failed, and they let him go, thinking that he would kill people from being loose from the lab. Oh were they wrong . . . Kishima developed such a good heart . . . He never listened to what his parents told him. I believe we should trust him, even though he yelled at everyone, that’s only because the only friends he grew up with, were friends that betrayed him, and left him behind. He doesn’t know anyone that actually have a kind heart. It takes a while for him to really accept someone as a friend. He’s accepted me and Warai . . . but it may take time here . . . Just believe me, we should trust him . . .” Lumica said as he closed his eyes.

"Though if I was . . . I d-doubt I w-would even survi-" Mikael choked up, unable to finish the sentence as tears quickly filled and escaped from his eyes, falling on the stuffed animal's head. He buried his face into it and sobbed.

Lumica’s eyes widened as he reached for Mikael and hugged him, not to tightly, not wanted to crush the stuffed toy Mikael was holding. ”Mikael . . . I-I’m sorry that you have to deal with all of this . . . y-you shouldn’t have to deal with it . . . B-but trust me . . . I bet y-you would survive . . . Y-you don’t have t-to think about that anyway . . . I-I’m glad you have never had to be in such an e-event . . .” Lumica said as he patted Mikael’s head. ”I won’t let you get hurt, Mikael . . .” Lumica’s words were quiet and soothing. Lumica could almost feel tears go down his own face, for the sake of his dear friend. ”I’m sorry, Mikael . . .”

"B-But you . . . m-made it through two?" Mikael asked weakly, "And then went back in and r-rescued people?"

"That is pretty impressive, I gotta admit," Yume commented, "Even my talent couldn't save me."

Lumica let go of Mikael and stood straight. ”Well of course . . . I survived, along with the guilt I had from watching my friends get killed . . . which is why I couldn’t just escape and not do anything, knowing other innocent children were in there, surviving, and holding on to what hope they had left . . .” Lumica said with a few tears going down his face. He wiped them with the back of his hand.

"L-Lumica . . . of course I w-wouldn't be upset at you f-for hiding your appearance," Mikael reassured, "A-Aren't you part of my m-memories too? I-I'm sure I'd understand . . . wh-what you're going through."

”Well,” Lumica started. ”Remeku tells me our memories are fake . . . and since I met her when we were 10, I’d say that I’m not in your memories . . . My memories were faked to me thinking I was, but now that I see what Remeku says makes sense, I don’t think so . . . I know Remeku did meet you in kindergarten . . . So she is part of your memories . . .” Lumica said with a frown.

"That's . . . That's y-your natural singing voice!? I'm impressed. I s-still have a few problems with intonation m-myself . . . Uh, wait, you're an E-Escape Artist?" Mikael asked, intending to ask more questions but completely losing his train of thought as he heard Remeku yell at Gary, followed by Gary apologizing to Cat.

”Yes, it is!” Lumica said with a small giggle. ”Well, I am certainly not the best . . . The only reason I still sing, is to keep the memory of my parents with me . . .” Lumica said with a small sigh. ”Yes, I find a way to escape anything . . . but I guess not this particular situation . . .” Lumica said looking to the side. He was going to say more but then he heard Austin start to talk to him.

”W-why shouldn't I-I b-be doing t-that?” Lumica asked. ”We are real . . . I’m glad you have figured that out, Austin.” Lumica said with a warm smile. He then heard his name being called out by Gary. ”G-Gary?” Lumica then thought back at Remeku yelling at him and Lumica furrowed his eyebrows. ”First of all, if you made Remeku that upset, then you had ought to say something truly horrible . . . and for making my Remeku so upset, I can't even look you in the eyes.” Lumica looked away from Gary. ”I forgive you, though. I am not very good at staying mad at someone. Plus,” Lumica looked at the happy Remeku who was hugging Austin at the moment. ”It seems that Remeku has recovered from the little fight you two had.” Lumica said as he scratched his head. ”. . . And how could you say that about my mom!?” Lumica said suddenly, looking over to Cat with a pained look but then looked down. ”I-I mean C-Cat . . .” Lumica said with a shaky sigh. He shook his head quickly and looked back to Gary. ”What I’m mostly upset about, is the fact that you apologize to Cat, you apologize to me, but you won’t apologize to Remeku? For whatever reason she was mad at you, it had to be something, right? Well whatever you said must of had an impact on Remeku, making her burst. So, whatever it is that you said, I want you to really think about, and then apologize to her. You just don’t understand the life she’s been through. She’s seen DEATH before, Gary. She’s come in contact with MURDERERS in her life, Gary. Her own parents are CRAZED KILLERS GARY!” Lumica felt fire burn within him, feeling sudden hatred towards the boy standing before him. He looked back at Remeku, who looked so very happy . . . oh she was so happy . . . so happy. Lumica looked back at Gary, and closed his eyes tightly, trying to keep himself from feeling upset at this hopeful moment that was occurring. ”She almost SACRIFICED herself to save me . . . Gary, I hope you feel stupid for whatever you said to her to make her so mad . . . because no matter how much of a jerk you are, she still cares about you. You know why? Because that’s Remeku. That’s the sweet Remeku, that I know.” Lumica said looking down. ”Don’t make her lose her smile, Gary. Don’t make her upset, Gary. Don’t ever talk to her again, Gary. . .” Lumica said the last part bitterly and coldly, like his soul had slipped away. He looked away from Gary and back to Remeku, making a smile come back to his face.

-----

”G-getting in my h-head . . . ? N-no . . . n-no . . . that’s not true!” Remeku closed her eyes shut and then opened them, trying to see if Gary wasn’t real. ”Y-you’re the one g-g-getting i-in m-m-my . . .” Remeku fell to her knees, not realizing it until she felt horrible pain vibrate through her legs. She suddenly felt horrible for what she said. But why? Did she really do anything wrong? ”I j-just w-wanted t-to help . . . I-I k-know I c-can’t d-do anything f-for Austin~Kun a-anyway . . . I f-feel so useless . . . W-why c-can’t a-anyone j-just c-calm down . . . T-this w-w-w-w-world i-i-i-is f-f-f-filled w-w-w-with s-s-s-so much d-d-despair . . . M-m-m-make it go away . . . p-p-p-please . . .” Remeku looked back up to Gary, suddenly tearing apart her regret. ”What did you s-say!?” Remeku said when she heard Lumica’s name come out of Gary’s mouth. ”Why do you have to apologize to LuLu~San!? Did you do something to him!? What did you say to him!? Did you hurt his feelings!? Did you hurt him!? I swear, if you put one finger on LuLu~San, I don’t know what I’ll do!” Remeku got up and glared at Gary. ”I really care about everyone, even you. But if you dare to mess with LuLu~San . . . I don’t know how I’ll take that . . . I really want to like you . . . be friends with you . . . but you make it so very hard . . .” Remeku stood still for a very long period of time, trying to process all of what happened. Maybe she was a little too harsh on Gary, maybe a accidently letting out all of her stress on to him? She sighed and intertwined her hands together. ”Gary, I . . .” Remeku tried to continue, sli very slightly. She was about to say something else to Gary, but Cat said something to her. ”Thank you, Cat~Sama . . . I-I . . . Just w-want . . . !” Then she saw Austin suddenly say that he was okay. Remeku’s mouth went agape and her happiness sprung over her. ”A-Austin~Kun! Yes we’re all real! You’re real! Everything is real! Maybe not this virtual world . . . since it’s virtual . . . but still! I’m so happy to see that you’re starting to be happy! Ah, what a wonderful day! What a wonderful thing that is happening at this very beautiful moment! Mehehe~! Oh the wonderful thing that has happened~!” Remeku felt tears come to her eyes. All of her stress had been washed away with all of her happiness. She felt her heart grow wings and her pupils turn into sparkles. Her heart couldn’t take it anymore and she ran over to Austin, giving him a tight hug. ”Austin~Kun! I’m so happy to see you well! I’m so happy! So so so so so very happy! For you! For you! Oh, that little smile on your face makes it all worth it! Thank you, Austin~Kun! For being such an amazing person!” Remeku had a huge smile on her face even though she knew Austin didn’t see it. ”Ah, I’m so glad you’re okay! It’s like feeling the galaxy swirl in my heart now that you’re okay! Please, never scare us like that again! You had me worried sick! I’m glad you’re okay . . . so very glad.” Remeku couldn’t let go, feeling like letting go would mean saying goodbye.

-----

“Remeku, darling, thank you for trying to stand up for me . . . though, much as I hate to say it, I think you should try to walk away for now. I appreciate all of you’ve done, but you seem to be pushing yourself too hard. A-and, thank you, Kirimi. I’m sorry about before.”

Kirimi smiled warmly. ”Ah, no need to apologize . . . I know you were only stressed out from what was going on . . . I completely understand, Miss Zemmern.” Kirimi said with a nod. He then saw Austin start to apologize for all the things he had said. ”Mr. Zemmern . . . I am glad to see such attitude from you . . . It makes me very exultant that you’re feeling better . . .” He said with a smile. Kirimi then tried to think about what had happened while Austin was in a bad state. ”Oh! I would like to inform you, Austin. That there is someone on the other side of the barrier . . . He is know to be Remeku’s actual big brother . . . Which I hate to think about . . .” Kirimi said with an angrified sigh. ”I just wanted to let you know, that there is someone on the other side of the barrier that is not currently part of this school . . .” Kirimi said and then gave Austin a smile. ”He is not a threat though, so if you would like to talk to him and maybe help us take down this barrier, we would all love that.” Kirimi said calmly, not want to struck a nerve in Austin. He waited for his response.
Kishima Nana Henashoru, witch means, Towards a Disaster.

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

"Y-Yes, Mr. Slezak..." Gary quietly said as he hung his head in shame. Then Lumica told him about Remeku's life, which made Gary realize that she shouldn't suffer anymore. That and she was the exact opposite of him

"I'm... sorry to hear about what Remeku had gone through. But, I realized that she's exactly the opposite of me... What with her having to deal with being in danger all the time... And me always being safe all the time. Eh, I'm probably overthinking this." He shakes his head. "Right... So, anyway, the question you asked me... I'll answer the question for you and then-" Gary said before he was interrupted by Remeku's sudden outburst.

"Whoa there, Remeku!" Gary started, before quickly realizing that Lumica asked him to not talk to her. He kept his mouth shut as he lets Remeku talks it all out. And then he heard Remeku something odd... Did she just called Lumica a him?!

He turns to Lumica once Remeku have finished talking. "..... Well, that was unexpected. But I think Remeku misunderstood what I wanted to apologize to you about. It's not about what I said; it's about how I didn't answer the question you asked me. Uh..." Gary said as he tried to think of a way to answer the question about how his nap was without talking in British English... Wait... British English.... English.... He knew that he might have to talk in normal English so Lumica can understand his answer. "I'm not really one of those people who sleeps with their eyes open, but I guess you see me staring off into space as napping. So, that might be it. Anyway, to answer your question... My nap was okay, I guess."

He looks towards Remeku before he looks back at Lumica. "Uh, can you do me a favor? Can you please tell Remeku that I am sorry for whatever it is that I said that upsets her, word for word? You said that I couldn't talk to her, so I figured I might be able to get my apologize across to her via you. So, um.... Can you do that for me, please?"

"I... don't want to have to fight the others, of course..." the coupler pouted. "B-but if it's the only way to save them, I will. We're all okay, so I'm sure they will be too, right? A-and who knows, maybe we'll figure out another way to reach them once we find them." She clenched her spellbook anxiously. "All I know for certain is staying here and despairing isn't helping anything or anyone..."

A new dawn.

"Oh, yeah, I kinda forgot about that," Felicity replied when Jay reminded her that he used to be a detective.

She took Jay's stammering to her question as a "no, I'd rather not" and didn't press it any further.

When Austin started to shout, she stumbled back, dropping her hand from his shoulder. "Austin, you didn't..." Felicity trailed off as he explained that they had been hacked. Well, that was just the cherry on top of the wonderful day this had been. 'We- we'd been forced to do what somebody else wanted us to...?' Falling into a daze, she had barely noticed Jeremy and Cat rushing in to take Austin, though she stepped away to give them space.

She ignored the voices around and racked her brains, but she could remember nothing of what Austin had talked about. She couldn't even sense a gap in her memory. 'What did I - we - do?' Felicity wondered with a shudder. 'What are our classmates doing now?'

Stuck in her own thoughts, Felicity flew into the cottage on autopilot, long after the others. However, instead of staying in the living room with everybody, she went upstairs to her bedroom. After everything that had happened, she felt herself at the edge of her limits.

Sitting on her bed, Felicity curled up into a ball and started to cry.

You’re so small in such a big world...

Rosalida tilted her head as Jay mentioned it being ages since he last felt a telepathic link, and something about never having felt one in this lifetime? Then he apologized.

Oh, it's okay. Of course it would be a mess after- Rosalida cut herself off as Jay mentioned hopeless situations and being used for evil with nothing he could do. I’m missing something, aren't I?

As Jay adjust his pocket book, Lida flew to it and perched on it, reading very carefully. h. Oh . . . how . . . ? Why . . . ? Th-that’s-

Rosalida shook her head and closed her eyes.

No, no. Now is not the time for me to get distressed. This is about comforting Jay, not me. She nodded to herself and flew off of the pocketbook, flying up to Jay’s cheek and patting it before perching on his shoulder. Jay, maybe there wasn't anything we could have done then, but there are things we can do now! And that situation clearly wasn't hopeless, or else we would still be hacked, right? I think we should take a minute to process, but it's clear we don't have the full story. Maybe it's not as bad as we think.

As Jay mentioned his concern for Austin, Lida nodded. I worry about him, too. I may have an idea on how to get him to realize we’re real, but it’s a bit of a long sho- Her own communication was interrupted by Jay’s face brightening. She turned around to see what he was looking at and gasped. Austin was . . . doing better? Really, truly? Rosalida sighed with relief. Better doesn’t necessarily mean “good,” or even “okay,” but it’s a start! She inhaled sharply as images of everyone being made to do evil things assaulted her brain. She trembled and tried not to cry, though a whimper may have escaped her lips before she could hold her breath.

M-maybe . . . m-maybe we didn’t do . . . d-didn’t do all of that . . . .

She tried to gather herself and released the breath she was holding, opting to take really deep breaths instead. But still, the guilt . . . the fear . . . seeing herself act like, like . . . How they would . . . even if it was only in her mind’s eye . . . ? It wasn’t so easy to shake off. Jay would see a vision from Rosalida’s end of a man and a woman, each glaring. The man holds a belt and looks ready to swing it. The woman holds out a finger and walks toward her. A sensation of burning in her throat follows, of not being able to breathe, and then . . . .

I need to cut off this link, for your own good . . . Jay . . . , Rosalida thought as she severed the link. There were so many bad emotions. If she kept the link up, they would have just had a negative feedback loop and Jay would not feel better. She began to flap her wings so she could fly away, but her vision was blurred with tears. It would be unsafe . . . unsafe to try to fly now. She nodded at Jay’s words, about being able to save their friends. For a moment, she almost regretted severing the link, because she wanted to join in on Jay’s hope and determination. But she knew . . . she would just bring him down in her current state. She flew up when Jeremy went to hug Jay, and landed on Jeremy’s arm. She halfheartedly crawled until she reached his shoulder, then flopped down and curled up in the fetal position.

Too much. It was just too much. But she’s the counselor! She had to be better! She couldn’t let herself be like this when she had so many others to attend to! And yet, she was. She was like this. Why did her past have to haunt her now of all times?!

~*~

As Gary apologized to her, Cat grunted at first. It was not a good time to talk to her. Couldn’t he see she was a little busy?! She didn’t answer him until Austin was set down neatly in the armchair. Then she turned to Gary.

“Thank you for apologizing, Gary, but I’m not the one you should apologize to. Austin is the one who was hurt most by your actions and inaction. You should apologize to him. And don’t say it’s because you think your mom would be disappointed in you when you do, because that makes it sound like you’re not apologizing because you feel guilty but because you think your mom would make you if she were here.”

She smiled at Jeremy gratefully as he spoke to Gary.

“Jeremy . . . thank you.” The words had seemed to reach Gary, who hung his head in shame. All in all, a decent outcome, though Cat suspected Jeremy may have been more upset about this whole situation than he let on. She knew how he cared for Austin in particular. Perhaps she’d have to talk with him later. Jay, too. Ah, Jay! She hadn’t even been paying attention to him! She’d been too focused on Austin! She quickly glanced at Jay, sitting in his armchair, but before she could approach him . . .

~*~

“O-oh, yes . . . u-um, sorry to have . . . caused you pain. I was just . . . so sure everything was fake, because I imagined you all waking up so many times before. I thought this was another one of those times.” He smiled slightly at Jeremy. “Yeah, we should definitely discuss how to move forward. I think I’d like to discuss that with everyone. Perhaps I’ll make an announcement?”

Austin looked to Sayako.

“A-ah, right you are. We’ll come up with a plan of action. There . . . could well be another way. If we move fast enough . . . .”

He looked lost in thought as he was set down on the armchair. But he was pulled out of his reverie when Remeku hugged him tightly. Austin blushed a little, embarrassed, as she thanked him for being an amazing person.

“U-um, w-well, I’m just . . . you know . . . here,” he said awkwardly. “B-but, a-ah, thanks . . . Remeku. I’m happy to have helped make you so glad . . . ? U-um, I’m sorry I scared you . . . a-and worried you. I wasn’t thinking about . . . how that would hurt at the time . . . .”

He averted his eyes and bit his lip. Then Kirimi spoke, drawing Austin’s attention to him.

“O-oh. Yeah. Um, I’m glad you’re . . . exultant?” He tilted his head. Exultant . . . probably means happy? His eyes widened slightly as Kirimi mentioned someone outside the barrier. “Huh . . . That . . . .” His eyebrows furrowed. “Shouldn’t be happening. We should be invisible, except to other players. How did he . . . ?” He shook his head. “I’ll ask him about it myself. Ah, and the barrier . . . actually, I should talk about that with everyone in just a minute. Right now, I think I have a mom to hug.” He looked up at Cat and smiled. Then glanced at Remeku. “Um, you can let go now. I-if you want.”

He tried to stand up, doing so slowly and carefully so Remeku could adjust. Regardless of whether Remeku let go or not, Austin hugged Cat as soon as he was on his feet.

Cat smiled and hugged Austin back.

“Oh, Austin . . . I’m so happy you’ve come back to us.”

“Thanks, Mom. Sorry I worried you.”

“You shouldn’t apologize for that. I worry either way. You know how I am,” Cat said. Austin chuckled softly and let go, then went to hug Jay and Jeremy. Cat trailed right behind, turning the hugs into group hugs. Rosalida held on to Jeremy’s shoulder so she wouldn’t fall off, but didn’t make an effort to move otherwise. Fortunately for her, neither Cat nor Austin reached up high enough to have their arms across Jeremy’s shoulders.

“I-it’s okay, you guys. I’m sorry for how I . . . how I phrased things. I should have been more sensitive. I . . . I had envisioned this going very differently. Um, if any of you have any questions . . . about what happened, or wh-what . . . what you did, you can always ask me, okay?”

"I . . . It would probably be easier if you asked things rather than me just tell a long . . . painful story.”

Zoey . . . I understand what you meant now. I can’t bring myself to just say what happened . . . but I can answer questions . . . I think. Though of course, this doesn’t compare to . . . what you went through . . . .

“You weren’t yourself, Austin. It’s okay,” Cat said. “I’d personally rather not know . . . unless I need to, for your sake. But I can’t speak for Jay or Jeremy.”

Austin and Cat eventually let go, and Austin went around, trying to hug everyone else in the room. Everyone else except Rosalida and Gary. Rosalida would likely have been crushed if he tried to hug her. Gary, he actually hadn’t looked at or acknowledged this whole time. As he did that, Cat spoke to Jay and Jeremy.

“Would it be alright if we all three talked later? I think we all need some time to process what happened here. And as relieving as it is that Austin is better . . . it doesn’t make all that happened up until now go away.”

As soon as Austin was done hugging others, he walked to the center of the room and cleared his throat.

“Ahem. H-hi . . . everyone . . . ,” Austin said. “I know . . . this is a lot to wrap your heads around, all that I said, all that happened . . . But I’m here to help clarify things a bit, okay? S-so . . . first order of business . . . um . . . th-there’s no way to phrase this delicately . . . you all slept for a long time. I’m not really sure how long, um . . . the sky has been too overcast for me to see whether it’s even day or night. But, by my estimate . . . and my mustache and beard . . . it has been at least two weeks. I-it’s . . . my fault, really. I only meant you to be unconscious long enough for me to recode every last one of you . . . but instead, well . . . you didn’t wake up even after I’d finished my work. Um, I tried to erase the memories of what happened that night, but . . . I’m not that good. Not really. I think . . . whoever controlled you may have wiped them. No, I don’t know who is responsible for all of this. I don’t know where Sakura, Flo, and Alfons are now . . . but before I continue, I’d like to explain what happened to Arthur. I . . . tried to fix him, but instead . . . he was deleted from this game. I . . . took care of his room, cleaned it until it shone . . . but I don’t know how he would have liked it decorated. If anyone would like to help me with that, we can talk about it. For now, though, please . . . I’d like a moment of silence for Arthur Ranpo, the Ultimate Mystery Novelist. Even knowing he probably . . . woke up in the real world, and is in a much safer, better place . . . he will still be sorely missed here. I . . . have been missing him . . . all this time.”

Austin teared up and averted his gaze, biting his lip so he wouldn’t cry.

I-it’s not real . . . I’m overreacting . . . h-he’s not really dead. He’s back in the real world, safe and sound . . . he probably doesn’t even remember what happened.

These thoughts didn’t make the pain go away. After the silence stretched on for a long time, Austin finally spoke again, sniffling a little first.

“O-okay . . . a-as for how to get Alfons, Flo, and Sakura back . . . there is a way we can do it without fighting. I think. Whoever has control over them now . . . I think I can eject this person from the game forever. At the center of this world is the mainframe, um . . . the heart of this world. If someone is changing things so much, I can only assume they’re doing it internally, from there. If it’s all external, then I should still be able to see who is manipulating this from there. So either way, this is where I think we should go. I can relinquish their hold on this world. I can restore everything. I can get our friends back! And I can get us all out of here! But . . . I can’t do it alone. And this is a long journey . . . who knows what dangers lie ahead? I . . . If any of you don’t want to join us . . . then you can stay here in safety instead. And you will warp out of here with us when the job is done. I won’t judge you for that. I’ll warp this cottage to a safe place and put up another barrier.”

This was all a lot to absorb. Way too much to absorb. Cat could barely even keep up, even with the long pause. But she did know one thing.

“I’m with you, Austin,” Cat said.

Austin smiled slightly.

“Thanks, Mom, but . . . .” He took a deep breath and drew himself up. “I don’t know what’ll happen, you guys. You should make your decisions carefully. I already got . . . one person killed. Um, but if you wish to join me, anyway . . . then let me know when everyone is ready. Only then will I remove the barrier, because we’ll have to start moving as soon as it’s down if we don’t want to be found and attacked immediately. Um, we can stick around and try to grind, but I fear we will be overrun if we try to do that. We’ll have better luck if we push forward as quickly as possible. Um, at least, that’s what I think. A-anyway . . . that’s all I have to say for now. Though, if anyone has any questions, you can feel free to ask. Um, I do have something else I need to do, but I’ll be right outside, okay?”

Austin smiled nervously.

“I’ll be back in shortly.”

Having said his piece, Austin headed out the back door. But then . . . he didn’t see anyone there?

“Um . . . hello? I-is anyone out here . . . ? Um, I don’t think Kirimi is pranking me . . . . If anyone’s here, I’m Austin. And I . . . sound like I’m insane right now, calling out into a void, but . . . well, I guess I am insane, but that’s beside the point. I would . . . like to talk to you and ask you questions, if you’re here . . . . Gosh, I feel foolish,” Austin said.
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Last edited by Lida_Rose on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Just Mikael.

As Lumica began talking again, Mikael struggled to keep up. "L-Lumica? Lumica, wait! I c-can't . . ." Mikael stammered, perhaps a bit too quietly for Lumica to hear, "You're t-talking too fast . . ." But it was no use. There'd be no way he could get him to stop now.

He did his best to listen for anything he could make sense of at least. The Henashorus were evil? But Kishima and Remeku are not. Kishima was a project? An experiment?

Those words hitched against Mikael's mind. They scraped a bit, causing slightly-jarring feelings Mikael couldn't place.

Kishima has a kind heart? He can be trusted? Mikael was wary of this coming from someone who had just revealed he wasn't who he said he was. Still, he had no reason to doubt Lumica since he was no longer disguised and would not have a reason to lie.

And then as Mikael was lamenting about the Killing Game, Lumica hugged him and patted him on the head. After Lumica's comforting words, Mikael explained, "It-It's not me I'm crying for; it's . . ." He looked down at his stuffed creature.

"Lumica, you know what I am, right? Though you probably don't know who I am or why that's important. Mind if I tell ya later?" Despite the previous touching moment and heavy subject, Yume's voice remained cheerful.

After the rest of Lumica's answers, Mikael said, "Th-Thanks for talking with me, Lumica. I-I appreciate . . . well . . . your understanding." He let Lumica part ways with him and begin talking to the others. He began to wonder what he should do next.

---

'No, no. Now is not the time for me to get distressed. This is about comforting Jay, not me.' She nodded to herself and flew off of the pocketbook, flying up to Jay’s cheek and patting it before perching on his shoulder. 'Jay, maybe there wasn't anything we could have done then, but there are things we can do now! And that situation clearly wasn't hopeless, or else we would still be hacked, right? I think we should take a minute to process, but it's clear we don't have the full story. Maybe it's not as bad as we think.'

'L-Lida, is everything-' Jay began to ask, but she was right; this was about him, not her. 'You're right. Austin did . . . Austin did save us in the end, so he hadn't totally lost hope,' Jay agreed. That would be a big help in restoring his confidence.

She inhaled sharply as images of everyone being made to do evil things assaulted her brain. She trembled and tried not to cry, though a whimper may have escaped her lips before she could hold her breath.

'W-What? What's going on? I didn't mean to-'

'M-maybe . . . m-maybe we didn’t do . . . d-didn’t do all of that . . . .'

'You're right, Lida! It's just my intrusive thoughts. It can't be what rea-'

She tried to gather herself and released the breath she was holding, opting to take really deep breaths instead. 'W-Wait-' But still, the guilt . . . 'No, stop-' the fear . . . 'I don't want-' seeing herself act like, like . . . How they would . . . 'I-I'm really not trying to-' even if it was only in her mind’s eye . . . ? It wasn’t so easy to shake off. 'P-Please . . .' Jay would see a vision from Rosalida’s end of a man and a woman, each glaring. 'Wh-Who are they? Wait-no, no!' The man holds a belt and looks ready to swing it. 'Ah-Lida! Lida!!' The woman holds out a finger and walks toward her. A sensation of burning in her throat follows, of not being able to breathe, and then . . . . 'Wh-What was that!? Lida?'

'I need to cut off this link, for your own good . . . Jay . . . ,' Rosalida thought as she severed the link. 'No, Lida! Please don't-'
But it was too late. 'D-Don't leave me alone with that . . .' Despite the mental abandonment, Jay managed to hold it together long enough to deliver his hopeful speech.

Being hugged finally broke the facade. Jay gulped as tears filled his eyes. Soaked with guilt, Jay wished he could hug Lida, comfort her, say something, anything to make her feel better. But she had taken that chance away from him 'for his own good' as she claimed. 'Lida, why . . . ?' Jay thought. He hadn't considered simply speaking to her, but that would be impossible at the moment anyway.

Jeremy's expression turned from one of relief into one of concern. "Jay? What happened? What is the matter?" He felt Rosalida crawling up his arm. His eyes followed her as made it to his shoulder and flopped down.

"I . . . I-I . . ." But Jay couldn't answer. The words were stuck in his throat, trapped in his mind.

Realizing Jay might need a moment, Jeremy released the hug and turned to have his talk with Gary. "Very good, Gary. And you are welcome, Cat," Jeremy said plainly, his mind more focused on other things at the moment.

"I... don't want to have to fight the others, of course..." the coupler pouted. "B-but if it's the only way to save them, I will. We're all okay, so I'm sure they will be too, right? A-and who knows, maybe we'll figure out another way to reach them once we find them." She clenched her spellbook anxiously. "All I know for certain is staying here and despairing isn't helping anything or anyone..."

"S-Sayako . . . ?" Jay muttered weakly. She was right. Now wasn't the time to feel bad about the situation, and Jay felt like kicking himself for not being the Ultimate Hope he'd been before. "Thanks," Jay said a bit louder, his voice still shaky, "I know we'll find the others . . . and we'll save them." He sniffled and tried to wipe away some of the tears that had escaped.

Austin and Cat then approached and hugged the brothers. The situation seemed to have calmed down a lot, but Jay's mind was still very troubled.

"I-I'd be glad to take you up on that offer, Austin," Jay replied, "once we . . . have more time."

"I concur," Jeremy added, "And please, do not hesitate to announce anything you wish."

Cat spoke to Jay and Jeremy. “Would it be alright if we all three talked later? I think we all need some time to process what happened here. And as relieving as it is that Austin is better . . . it doesn’t make all that happened up until now go away.”

"I agree, Cat. We need to discuss this once we are in a safer position," Jeremy replied.

"Yeah . . ." All Jay could think about was how Lida was doing. He suddenly leapt up and wrapped his arms tightly around Cat and buried his face in her shoulder. After a few seconds of silent weeping, Jay raised his head, pulled just enough away to see Cat's face, and requested, "M-M-Mom, I need some advice." He glanced at the Counselor, "I . . . think I hurt Lida. She was trying to comfort me because I was feeling down because Austin said we were hacked and that made me imagine all kinds of horrible things and I--sorry, let me slow down a bit. Lida can--well, kinda has to, due to her size--communicate through telepathic link, and while she was comforting me, I imagined some of the things we, in our 'evil' hacked states, might have been doing. I think I . . . showed those to her by accident . . . and then she . . . she-" Jay didn't want to continue. On one hand, the result was in a ball on Jeremy's shoulder. On another, the scene Lida had accidentally shown him seemed private and very, very personal. He didn't want to just go blurting it out willy nilly. "I-I want to help her. I want to fix this. What should I do?"

And then Jay noticed Felicity floating by, not seeming to notice any of what was going on. "Felicity!?" Jay called out, but she didn't appear to have heard him. "Um, sorry to have to dump that on you and run, but can you think on it and tell me later?" Jay released the hug on Cat and began to give chase.

"J-Jay, wait! We have to listen to what Austin-" Jeremy began, but Jay was already bounding up the stairs. Jeremy began to follow him.

"Whatever the plan is, Austin, we're in!" Jay called down as he neared the top of the stairs . . . and then slammed his foot into the top stair and took a tumble forward, landing face-first on the floor.

"Jay! Jay, hold on!" Jeremy called again, breathlessly jogging up the stairs. He knelt down and lifted one side of Jay up, prepared to cast Encouragement if he needed to.

"FELICITY!" Jay screamed, straining his voice as he struggled to rise to his feet. After nearly toppling back over, Jay remembered how to walk and made his way to the room with Felicity's name shakily scribbled onto the label. He knocked three times and asked, "Felicity, can I come in? I want to-I want to make sure everything's alright." After he felt like he'd hurt Lida so much, he needed to do something, anything, for someone to make up for it.

"Jay, wait! Perhaps Felicity merely needs some rest," Jeremy suggested, really wanting to return downstairs to discuss Austin's plan.

"Oh no, that's not it. She looked like I did after I first found out we were hacked. I need to make sure she knows that Austin has come around and has a plan," Jay protested and countered. His hand was on the door handle, ready to push open the door should Felicity respond.

---

Meanwhile, Mikael had been listening intently to Austin's plan. He already had an answer in mind, of course. "I'll do . . . I'll do what Remmy decides to do. I'm her sidekick, so I-I should stick w-with her!" He glanced toward Remeku, waiting to hear what she would say. After what Lumica had told him, he was full of determination, ready to do anything he could.

"Me too! Though that goes without saying," Yume added, "Hey Austin, thanks for letting me tag along by the way. I'd be tooooootally remiss if I couldn't help Mikey out somehow in here!"
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Credit to my niece for the original drawing of Mikael Stanza which I rendered to produce the avatar you now see!

What is "Løv3"?

Kishima was deeply concentrated until he heard a sudden voice from afar, he didn’t know why he thought the voice was talking to him, but he followed the voice until he stopped at the barrier, looking at a boy that was standing behind it. ”Um, d-don’t feel foolish! I’m out here . . . You’re the one that put up this barrier, right? I-I’m really sorry for what I said to the other students . . . I just wanted Remeku. She is my little sister.” Kishima said nervously. ”Austin, eh? Nice to meet you. I’m Kishima Henashoru, the Ultimate Mind Reader. And, before you ask, I will not read your mind if you truly do not wish me to. I can respect your thoughts.” Kishima said with a nod. He waited patiently for Austin to respond to him.

-----

Lumica gritted his teeth. He felt his anger drain away as Gary talked. ”I was just angry, Gary. I am sorry myself for getting mad at you like that . . . It’s just that Remeku is all I have left. The only friend I have that lived . . .” Lumica said and slightly smiled to Gary. He put his hand on his shoulder. ”You are not too different from Remeku. You don’t know her very well, which is why you should talk to her more. That’s the only way to find out more about people, is to interact with them and learn what they’re like. If you do that, you will realize that you’re not too different from them.” Lumica said with a smile. ”You can apologize to Remeku . . . Thank you Gary. I appreciate that. You don’t really have to apologize about my questions, though. I bet you slept fine.” Lumica said awkwardly. ”Yeah . . . Your life must be great . . . Being the Ultimate Heir and everything . . . I was kind of worried that you might be like one of those spoiled rich kids that are mean to to everyone . . . but I have faith that you’re much better than that.” Lumica said and rubbed Gary’s shoulder.

Lumica then looked back at Mikael and smiled. ”No problem, Micool.” Lumica said with a smirk. ”Can I call you that now, Micool?” Lumica asked and giggled. ”I know it’s silly, but a lot of people are calling you ‘Mikey’, and I want to be the one that called you something different!” Lumica said and scratched his head. He then looked down at the stuffed toy and nervously smiled. ”Yeah I know exactly what you are and who you are. Remeku is my best friend, she doesn’t lie when she says she’ll tell you everything. She told me that you were Mikael from another timeline after you died from a Killing Game . . . I’m sorry little one . . . I don’t know what it’s like to die in a Killing Game but I know what it’s like to almost be a victim . . . I would have if Remeku hadn’t risked her life to save me . . . Isn’t that a twist.” Lumica said and frowned a bit.

He then looked up at Austin when he spoke. ”T-two weeks!? A-woah~!” Lumica said as a huge smile appeared on his face. He suddenly got excited. ”My body survived through two weeks in the outside world!? I really am the Ultimate Escape Artist! Ehuhaha~!” Lumica said and clapped his hands together. ”Although, our bodies didn’t even need food and water while we’re here . . . So that takes the fun away.” Lumica said and then frowned. He then threw his hand in the air and waved it. ”I am certainly going! Without a doubt, if Remeku’s going! It’s because she’s my girlfr-!” Lumica stopped when he glanced at Remeku. He felt embarrassment smack him in the face. He put his hand down and let it fall down his face. ”What the hell did I just say . . . ? Lumica said, his face bright red. ”G-girlfriend? N-no no no no . . . D-don’t say that . . . I haven’t even . . . I . . .” Lumica’s lip twitched in irritation. He put his head down to avoid any contact with Remeku.

-----

Remeku let go of Austin after his question with a smile. ”Of course, Austin~Kun!” Remeku said stepping out of the way. ”There is no need to apologize. I know that it must be tough going through that . . .” Remeku said as she watched all of the group hugging that went on after that. She never wanted this moment to end, with so much forgiveness and friendship that it grabbed her heart and hugged it tight. ”This gives me so much hope . . .” Remeku thought with a smile. She listened to what Austin said to everyone after a moment. Her expression turn down and her stress welled up again. ”What . . . ? I-I . . .” Remeku had no idea what to even think about. Fight her own friends? No . . . Why? ”Why though? Fighting them? That’s like killing a part of me. But . . . I guess if it’s helping them then . . .” Remeku pondered. She then heard what Mikael said and she ran over to him and hugged him. ”Thank you, Mikey~Senpai! Thank you for everything you’ve done!” Remeku said and then let go. Sadness filled her eyes and created waterfalls down her face. ”And I’m sorry for making you stressed about everything. The fact that you’re my childhood friend . . . and you think you’ve only known me for a day and a half . . . Yet you believe me so easily? I don’t deserve that! You really are something of a dream . . . A fairytale . . . Hmm . . .” Remeku tried to think of something else to say but Lumica’s voice interrupted her thoughts. She smiled to Mikael and walked over to Lumica. ”LuLu~San, thank y-” Remeku stopped. ”G-gir . . . !?” Remeku’s face went red and she shook her head violently. She smiled sweetly to Lumica. ”Thank you, LuLu~San.” She tried to ignore what Lumica had said before.

She then looked at Austin and gulped. ”I-I’ll go . . .” Remeku closed her eyes and gritted her teeth. ”Sakura~Chan . . . Flo~Chan . . . Alfons~Kun . . . Arthur~Kun . . . You guys are in grave danger . . . and if I have to come in contact with you all in a fight, it will break my heart. But, a broken heart is better than the death of my friends . . . I will save you . . . I will free you . . .” Remeku folded her hands together. How was she going to save her friends by hurting them? Is that what the world has come to? How cruel . . .

-----

Kirimi chuckled at Austin’s response. ”Yes . . . Exultant as in happy.” Kirimi said and nodded. ”Hmm . . . I wouldn’t know anything about programing but I think that may be because he is a player?” Kirimi said biting his lip. ”Or he’s just so powerful that he is able to do that . . . I just hate that guy more and more . . .” Kirimi said and rolled his eyes. He stayed quiet through Austin’s explanation. ”Ah . . . very well.” Kirimi said and smiled. ”I understand a bit more now.” Kirimi got a notebook out and started to write down what was happening. ”By the way, I’m going. I don’t want my own students to get terribly hurt . . .”
Kishima Nana Henashoru, witch means, Towards a Disaster.

"Two weeks...? And Arthur was..." Sayako paled a bit before shaking her head. "N-no, it's just a game. He's okay. We need to focus on helping the others and getting out of here," she told herself. "Um, I'll go to this 'mainframe' place. I'm not sure what I can do to help, if anything, but I have to try."

She blinked as the Lucky Student sped past her. "F-Felicity?" she called weakly. "Er... someone should probably..." And then Jay bolted off after her. "...go talk to her, yes." she finished quietly.

A new dawn.

All the shouting had gone unnoticed by Felicity; the knocks were what alerted her to somebody outside. Heart hammering in her chest, she stood up and quickly wiped away her tears.

Trying to keep her voice even, she replied to Jay, "Yeah, s-sure, you can come i-in. You shouldn't worry th-though; e-everything's perfectly alright." Seems like she had failed there, but hopefully she looked presentable enough. She didn't want to look like she had been crying, not when everybody else seemed to be dealing with things in a more productive manner.
Page 19 of 19 [ 733 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay