Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 4 of 14[ 528 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

Re: Turnabout GenerationTopic%20Title

Walking closer to him, Kaoru leans up on her tiptoes, peeking at the notepad. Hm.. "Oh? Ne, you'll have to forgive me. I've never been to a precinct or been involved in any sort of legal thing.." This would be a new experience for sure!! But an interesting one. Maybe she'd be able to better understand the legal world, just a bit.
♥ Sprites! ♥Art! ♥deviantART!Tegaki! ♥
Daughter of DoMaya ♥ Married to Atmey

I can see you, from here!

"Oh, you can read the pad if you want," Kurtis said, holding it out. "I mostly just keep dates for work reasons in it, keeps me organized, especially if I end up working more than one case at a time." It was nice to see someone interested in his work for once, made him feel important.

"Oooh! Alright,t hank you!" She replied, taking the pad gingerly. Flipping through it, she read through his notes carefully. He had pretty good handwriting, she had to admit. More than one case at a time? Gosh...
"You're quite a busy man, ne?" Kaoru said, handing the pad back to him. "Make sure you don't overwork yourself~"

"No problem," said Kurtis, patiently watching Kaoru looking through his notes. When she gave him back the pad, he stuffed it into his coat pocket. "Why yes, my job does keep me pretty busy, but I get a good amount of private time as well, so don't worry," said Kurtis with a slight smile.

"Good to hear." A grin formed on Kaoru's face, as she looked up at Kurtis. "All work and no play will make you a dull boy~" She giggled, shifting the bag on her shoulder slightly. "So, what do you like to do in your free time?" Her head tilted, brown eyes staring at him curiously.

"Hm hm hm... true," Kurtis said, admittedly laughing a little. "Free time? Well, I read, I've been trying to make models recently, I try to jog around town once a week, oh, and I've been working on a 'personal' project at home."

Aw, she got a laugh out of him! That was like a personal accomplishment. Kaoru smiled more. "What do you make models of? And what is this 'personal' project..?" She'd ask for him to show her, but that would be too forward at this time.

"I've been trying to make models of planes, mostly older designs, and I've also been working on several robotic models, with moving parts and such," said Kurtis, smiling a bit more openly now, "As for the personal project, let's just say for now that it involves robotics, and it involves the human body."

"Oh wow.." Kaoru stared at Kurtis in awe. "That's so cool!! I'm impressed that you can find time to do all this! Do you plan on showing these robotic models to a company or something?"
Though he could probably use them in his apartment, too.

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

Cecelia overheard the conversation between Karou and Kurtis.
'Robot Humans? Hmm...If that's what he's doing, I could buy them off him, sack my employees and earn an extra...' Cecelia thought, pulling out a calculator...
"And save an extra 2mil a year..." Cecelia whispered to herself, smiling.

She ran over to Kurtis.
"Er, excuse me, but I have to say, I'm rather interested in robotics as well. Could you care to explain what your'e doing in more detail? I'd be fascinated to know." Cecelia said, not
bothering to chew the fat, but rather getting right in there and saying what she wanted to.

Kaoru looked over to Cecelia as she ran over, a brow raising. That was random..
Especially the fact that she wanted to know more detail. Given her position, Kaoru was worried that Cecelia would just want to use Kurtis for her own personal gain.

Now, she looked to Kurtis, wondering what he would say or do...

[Kay guys I gotta go to work and won't be back till about 10:30 pm-ish EST. >:]

The Heir to the Planet

Location: the place bewtten space and time, mind and matter. Yes, I am in the velvet room

{{Let's make this anew day!!{}

The next day

So you see." Tyler said, facing his opponet in court, "This knif bears the defandant's finger prints, the defandant himself claims to be at the scene, and the defandan't blood was found on the sc ene, proving a sturggle. Device, Decisive, Decisive..."

"I agree." The judge said nodding, "I find our defandant... guilty!"

Tyler walked out of the courtroom, smiling.
Son to electroboy . engaged to the lovely-girliedinosaur24 that's right: be jealous Oh yeeah, OriginalBubs is my crazy uncle., and I love sending him into oblivion
Time to feed the sandwitch and eat the baby!

"Hmm, why thank you, Ms. Yuuka, though most of my ideas are still in the planning stages. I just don't have all the parts necessary to build a full-scale model at this time." Kurtis then turned to Cecelia. "Hello, ma'am, like I was telling my friend here, I'm attempting to create some robotic models, humanoid but not exactly human-based, though I'm not building them with a single goal for each of them."

Time for you to sleep.

Stephen checked his bag.
“Let's just take a look here... milk, bread... yup.”
He didn't need much. It was enough to last until the weekend with what he bought over the last weekend. He was wheeling his bike back to the apartments while whistling to himself. He locked up his bike and went to put his stuff in his room. He heard friendly voices coming from the an open door to next apartment, and he had been meaning to get to know everyone better, so he popped his head around.
“Hiya!”
Parents: Chloe, CoffeeProsecutor Brothers: K_V_N, Auraion, OriginalBubs Son: Rarikou
Thanks to Midnight Jasper for the stuff.

Kaoru tilted her head at Kurtis. Hm. What kind of models would he be building, that he didn't have all the parts for? "What kind of parts do you need?" She asked, her cowlick twitching slightly.
"How long have you been working on these projects?"

"Well, what I really need is mostly smaller parts, gears and bolts and such. It's not so much that they're hard to obtain, but getting the specific sizes and shapes I need is a hassle. As for how long I've been working on these, It's been several months since I started models in general, but for these, I started about a month ago."

"Oh!! I see..I'm...sorry I can't really help you. I know nothing when it comes to robotic anything." Kaoru smiled sheepishly. "B-but I can offer moral support!!" She reached in her bag, and pulled out a pom-pom. "If you want a cheerleader of sorts, that is!"

"Oh, I see." Cecelia said, put off a bit by the statement.

"Well, If you need any help, let me know. My brother is actually a manafacturer of sorts, and if you want any specififc order I'd be happy to get them for you." Cecelia said, smiling.

'I haven't smiled for ages...what is it about this group of people that makes me so...ugh, happy...?' Cecelia pondered.

"Hmm... while I greatly appreciate the offer, I'm afraid I will have to decline. At least, for you being a cheerleader," Kurtis said. Why does she even have that in her bag?

"And Ms.Cecelia, I will keep that offer in mind, thanl you."

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dieeeee

(Can I join? Please?)

The Heir to the Planet

Location: the place bewtten space and time, mind and matter. Yes, I am in the velvet room

{{SURE!}}

Tyler walked in at the middle of the conversation, "well... I am a genius at this sort of stuff... I have tons of leftover materials that you're welcome too. I get them fromn the military, so they are top grade.
Son to electroboy . engaged to the lovely-girliedinosaur24 that's right: be jealous Oh yeeah, OriginalBubs is my crazy uncle., and I love sending him into oblivion

Poooooooooooout. "Okaaaaay." Kaoru replied, putting the pom-pom away. As for why she had it? She has tons of things in her bag. Tons of things...that one would wonder WHY she even carried everywhere she went.
Well now, she pulled out one of those things-- a box of Pocky. And she'd nibble upon the cookie stick happily.

" Oh, good afternoon, Mr. Valentine, and I appreciate the offer. Maybe on my day off, I can take a look." Kurtis then noticed Kaoru pull out the pocky box. Hmm... is that what I think it is? I haven't seen these since I was a child.
"I didn't know they had pocky nearby. I'll have to take a look around.

Time for you to sleep.

Stephen overheard the man, and walked deeper into the room.
“What the hell is pocky?”
Not that he wasn't well travelled, it's just that he never knew Japanese... er... cuisine.
Parents: Chloe, CoffeeProsecutor Brothers: K_V_N, Auraion, OriginalBubs Son: Rarikou

Kaoru giggled at Kurtis, seeing how he was watching her and the Pocky. "They sell it at tons of bookstores and movie stores also! Want one?" She held the box up to him.

And then looked to Stephen. "Ne, Pocky is a thin cookie stick. There's chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry! Here, try one!" Holding the box out to him also, she smiled hopefully.
And the flavor happened to be chocolate.

Time for you to sleep.

Stephen let out a single, inaudible chuckle. Slightly reluctant, he took one of the alien confections and lightly and delicately pushed it between his lips. He smiled, surprised with the lightly sweetness.
“Thank you.”
He bowed his head slightly to the girl.

"Thank you kindly," Kurtis said, taking the stick and slowly nibbled on it. Now THAT'S a blast from the past. I haven't tasted one of these since I was, what? Twelve? "I'll have to take a look the next time I go looking for books."

"Douitashimashite." Kaoru replied to Stephen, and returned the bow. Awesome!!! She helped someone discover pocky!

She looked to Kurtis now, noticing something as he ate the pocky. Perhaps a look of nostalgia? "I hope you do, ne? You look like you really enjoy it. I like seeing that." She smiled warmly.

"Thank you, and it is quite good. To be honest, I haven't tried one of these since I was a child, so I'm 'savoring the moment', so to speak." Kurtis said after finishing his nostalgia-ridden snack, smiling in return. Geez, I've been smiling more in these last few days than I have in years.

"Well, I do have more, if you'd like to keep savoring the moment," Kaoru replied, revealing that she had two more boxes in her bag. She then noticed Kurtis's smile, and a soft giggle escaped her lips.
"Ne, might I say...that you have a nice smile~"

Detective Daryan wrote:
(Can I join? Please?)

(Sure!! Just fill out a profile. The skeleton's on the first page. <:)

(Made the front page a little cleaner and prettier. So everyone can see the characters vs. having to read through the comments. XD ♥)

"Well, thank you," Kurtis said, taking another stick. Upon hearing Kaoru's next statement he froze for a moment, then coughed into his coat sleeve. "Hmm.. well, I believe I can say the same to you."
(Also, thank you for editing the first post, saves time if I forget a name.)

(No problem! Been meaning to do it but my work schedule's been crazy.)

"Douitashimashite~" She replied happily, allowing him to take as many as he liked, really. It wasn't often she got to share her little treats with anyone. When he coughed though, it worried her a bit. Was he choking, or had she said something to upset him..?
But on the contrary, his statement made her blush. "R-really...? Ah..t-thank you!" That smile returned, just for him. "I'm not used to genuine compliments.."

"Hmmmm...I don't see why we're still just standing about...why not go sit down somewhere? I a coffee bar that does the best late you will ever have tasted." Cecelia said, then added

"They sell Pocky..." Cecelia said in a tempting voice. She was good at finding peoples weak spots. This Karou girl was very cute, and energetic, and loved all things 'kawaii'. If you held her down, she would probably get sad...but Cecelia for some reason didn't want to hold her back. Or the detective either. To be honest, she didn't want to stop anyone from having fun...

'what is wrong with me?' Cecelia muttered to herself.

Time for you to sleep.

Stephen was intrigued at the businesswoman's words.
“A coffee bar, you say?”
His face changed from a large smile to a serious smirk. He remembered back in Ireland where he got his first job as a pianist.
A small coffee joint in California full of young, hip college students and possible up-and-coming high-end music agents? Interesting.
He thought to himself.

The Heir to the Planet

I was never really that interested in Pocky, never could get into the stuff... mind If i try again?

"Oooooh. A coffee bar! That sounds really fun actually!" Kaoru grinned at the group. "...! They do??" Oh boy. Seems that really sealed the deal, with Kaoru anyway. She looked up at Kurtis.

"Kurtis! Let's go to this coffee bar! We should all go! I'll get you all some Pocky."
When saying that, she looked to Tyler, and handed him a box as well. She even held one out to Cecelia..

And it's true. Being held down would make Kaoru quite upset.Losing all of her friends would, too..

'One who should not exist..'

(( Can i join?
Name: Alice Nam
Appearance: Image
Personality: Alice is a very sweet and caring person. After the death of her sister Sheila she became more quiet and she was more on her own, being more carefull with who to trust. Still, if you get to know her, she can be a good friend.
Alice carries some secrets only two persons know, of wich one is dead. She decided only to tell people if she really trusts them. ))

(Sure! <: Your profile's been added to the first page.)
Page 4 of 14 [ 528 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay