Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 19 of 19[ 731 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Re: The Date RP 4.0 (Revived)Topic%20Title

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

"I can understand, though not everyone wants to befriend us. A rapier wit can be a very welcome backup." Aliucon commented, thinking on how many times he had to argue before. Thinking back, he much more often defended points of view instead of attacking one. But not enough time to dwell on that now. "You write better, huh? I know how that is." Was the only thing he could think of commenting to that. He didn't have the courage to ask if she actually wrote when it wasn't some essay or something else from school: not now, at least. He smiled. "Well, that's the best we all can hope for. I mean, we can't to anything more than our best. Aiming for the top will, if you don't reach it in the end, make you reach much higher than if you had aimed for an acceptable value." Aliucon said, all too aware that the sentence, even if regarding the subject, could feel out of place in an informal speech. He hurried on, then, to his next sentence. "Hm, I... well, like you, I derive some pleasure from helping others, or buying them things, so... hum, could you get her a cookie, please?" Aliucon added to the keeper when he glanced back at the two. Aliucon continued while he was at it. "Thanks for your own offer, anyway. But yeah, one cup was quite enough." He said, with an embarassed smile.

Many thanks to PandaPrinzessin for this signature!

You’re so small in such a big world...

"Haha, if people don't want to be my friend, that's their problem," Lida said with a smile. "But I will keep the wit in mind. I seem to have that in abundance, until I actually need it." She laughed. "Yeah. Been writing for years. It has always been the safest way to express myself." She smiled brightly. "I suppose you are right about aiming for the best getting you further than aiming for a lower value, however, it depends. In some instances, it is better to pick something easier to reach so you don't push yourself beyond your capacity." She giggled. "Well, if your sure..." She watched the keeper go to get her cookie, then turned back. "I take it your day won't be anywhere near as hectic as mine." She smiled again.
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

"Sure..." Aliucon thought about his original point, but made no remark on that. "Ah, I'm sure you're not the only one to suffer from that. We never know what kind of situation will demand arguing capacity from us. It might not be a simple walk in the park," Aliucon commented, raising his head and thinking for a while. "Ahhhh, so you're a writer! How nice. I look up to them. Probably because I like writing, but can't do it that well." Now he scratched his head, thinking about what to say to the next thing. "I suppose, but it's not like your best is beyond your capacity. You can strive to do your best without going overboard. But sure, you can't be so stubborn as to not accept there are things beyond reach..." He then smiled, slightly embarassed again. "Hum, it's true, unfortunately. Can't share your pain there. But all the more reason for me to help you, no?" He beamed, but then he remembered of a detail he thought there was no harm in saying. "I do have a new schedule to run through, if that counts. And it should, following this one has been as hard of a challenge to me as waking up early without an alarm." He sighed at the end of the sentence.

Lida smiled and wagged her finger.
"My method of argument: pointing out all the fallacies in the other person's argument," she said and laughed. "As for the writing, I never said I was a good writer, I just said I've been doing it for years." She chuckled. "True, you can strive to do your best without going overboard, but it is just as likely that you push yourself beyond your own capacity if you don't know when your limit is reached." She smiled. "Ah, yes, helping me by buying me cookies and coffee...How I wish I could hire a substitute student." She laughed. "A new schedule, huh? Good luck with that." She took a bite of her cookie. "I always used to be able to get up without an alarm no matter how early in the morning I wanted to be up." She smiled timidly. "I would count the number of seconds until I needed to wake up, and it worked just about every time for me. But, of course, I haven't done that for a while. Thanks for the cookie. It hits the spot." She finished her cookie and smiled.

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

Aliucon laughed at her gesture. "It's a 'perfect' method." He commented. "And I don't believe one can spend so many years writing and not being any good at what they do. But what do you write about, Lida?" He asked with interest. "And well, I guess you're right, it's likely to push yourself beyond your capacity when you don't know your limit. But we still have to do as well as we can to actually know what our limit is..." He laughed heartily. "You're not the only one wishing that." After laughing, however, he sighed. "Yes, a schedule. Thanks, by the way. You're lucky you could wake up as early as needed. Counting the seconds, though?" He repeated in a certain disbelief. Still, he didn't really want to doubt her: it was just too fun to talk to her. When she thanked him about the cookie, though, his stomach sunk a bit. If she was satisfied, it meant she would be going soon. He definitely wasn't looking forward to that moment. "Y-You're welcome, Lida."

"Oh, I write about all kinds of things," Lida answered with a smile. "In fact, I'm trying to write several stories at the same time right now: one about a legally blind private investigator, one about some supernatural human whose power is that if anyone touches his skin directly, they die instantly...But my favorite to work on is a vampire satirical novel." She smiled brightly. "The main character is based off my sister, only way more extreme than she is on the emotional front." She then laughed sheepishly. "Sorry for ranting...Just remember you asked. Ahahaha." She then looked at him. "My sister would do the math to know what her limit is." She chuckled, then blushed. "Y-yes, counting the seconds. Sixty seconds a minute, sixty minutes an hour, therefore sixty times sixty gives you the amount of seconds in an hour, then you multiply that number times the amount of hours you wish to sleep...and count the seconds from there." She then shrugged. "Works for me, anyway." She then laughed. "That has got to be the most reluctant 'you're welcome' I have ever heard." She chuckled. "I suppose I can stay for a few more minutes, as we're engaged in a riveting conversation..." She checked her watch, "but not too much longer. Missing exams is probably the worst thing I could do for my grades..."

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

She really did write about lots of things, as she claimed, Aliucon thought. It was quite a pleasant surprise. "Huh, it seems you got your hands full with your writing work. All of them sound like interesting stories, especially the vampire satirical novel. And I'm rather impressed you can juggle all those projects with school life. Would I have to beg to know your secret?" He added, smiling shyly. "And I should have seen that coming, since I asked and all, but I wasn't bugged by it one bit." He shook his head in order to reinforce what he said before, then flashed her a smile again. "Hum, your sister, eh? I assume she must really like math, then." He stated simply, not wanting to ask directly about her, even if it could be a good conversation material, because he couldn't think of how to do it without being too blatant. But he could imagine his own sister doing the same thing. He then felt the urge to laugh again. "Well, I was imagining something like that, but it's impressive that counting the seconds helps. Hum, must be worth a try." He commented out loud. Then he blushed slightly. "S-Sorry. I don't want to cause trouble to you or anything. I just had never spoken with anyone around here except for the keeper up to this point, so having a pleasant chat like this is magnific," he said, wondering if that was the right way to have phrased it.

Lida chuckled.
"Not really. On top of those stories, I'm working on something completely new for National Novel Writing Month, all the while trying to update my fanfictions," she said, then smiled. "My secret is that I tend to be way more creative when I'm procrastinating on my homework." She laughed. "Yeah, my sister is a math whiz! She is getting an 'A' in her college calculus class...And the professor actually asked her to take an advanced problem-solving course for competitions." She beamed. "My sister is brilliant." She then blushed and shuffled her feet. "I wish I was that smart. Ahahaha..." She then chuckled. "'Magnific'? Surely you mean 'magnificent', or, in the case of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody lyrics, 'magnifico'!" She laughed. "I don't really speak to strangers often. Not like this, anyway." She fiddled with her hair.

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

Aliucon tilted his head to the side, puzzled. "How can you say "Not really" and then add something more that you have to do? It seems like a lot of work for me." Then he chuckled. "Well, I can understand that, being more creative when procrastinating on homework. I'm just like that, though I don't always write something: just pointless thinking of humanity and the way its heading towards, and why. I swear I'd take Philosophy if I wasn't so into programming already." He completed, rather unaware that he had mashed quite a bit of information in that last sentence and it could have been hard to follow. "Wow, your sister sounds like she's really something. Congratulations. But I think you have this smarts in you, and you're just too modest to say it out loud." Aliucon replied, smiling. "A-Ah, I could sweat the word "magnific" existed in English.." He muttered in embarassment, trying to remember reading it somewhere, but only recalling the 'magnificent' that Lida mentioned. But still, it could exist, but he just didn't see it often, and thus Lida's correction. Now he looked like an idiot for not even knowing that. He passed his hand over his hair in certain frustration, but had to continue on. "T-Then I was lucky to be able to talk to you. It definitely was a pleasure, for me..." He added, blushing.

Lida giggled. "I guess I was saying if you thought my hands were full before I added in everything else I'm doing, well...You were wrong." She chuckled. "Well, you could still take philosophy classes as...electives?" She then smiled slyly. "I'm not being modest. Just speaking the truth." She chuckled. "Well, hold on, here..." She dug through her back pack and extracted Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary from it. "I brought this to my Perspectives on US American Culture class as a joke, and never took it out of my backpack since. True story. Now, let's see...'magnific'..." She flipped to the words that start with "m" and skimmed down. "Ah, here it is...Well, what do you know? It means 'magnificent', so we were both right." She laughed. "No, really, the luck and pleasure is all mine."

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

Aliucon was still rather impressed. "Ah. Well, I guess I really was wrong, then. I bet you enjoy all of these things, though," he added, smiling back at her. "Electives? I guess I could, but I've been having a bit of a hard time keeping up with my classes as they are. Maybe next year, while I still don't have many other subjects to take." He scratched his head, knowing that the previous statement could be taken as a sign that he was lazy. He really had to stop analyzing the meaning behind his words, though, it drove him crazy and made him feel rather guilty of... well, anything. "You say you're not being modest, but you still look like a bright student. You also sound like one," Aliucon added, blushing slightly. "Oh, really?" He said, upon reading the story behind the dictionary. "Haha, nice! Then we're both right. I guess it's always better when there are only winners." He commented, not actually thinking on the situation, but rather in games. He wasn't going to say that, though. He laughed. "Why is the luck and pleasure all yours? You're greedy." Though that was intended to be a joke, he felt the need to elaborate a bit. "Sorry, I just... there are certain expressions we use towards others that always get me wondering where they came from, so I joke around with them a bit."

Page 19 of 19 [ 731 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay