Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 9 of 9[ 347 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Re: The World Ends With You [Week 1, Day 3] 'Breaking a Taboo'Topic%20Title

Four is Death

"And what would you be doing here, Reapers?" Vita had arrived at the Scramble, avoiding the Taboo Noise and attempting to hide the slight panting that came from his chest. "Player watching at a time like this?" Despite this, Vita also watched the players combat the Noise, trying to wait for the moment to jump in; it would not do if the Game Master was wiped out by a Taboo Noise.

((Argh, short post.))

Haha, I still love Daft Punk <3

"Sorry, Vita. I'm in a bit of pain here and I don't really care for throwing myself in the path of erasure, you see." Rae had never really cared for authority, and was not so fond of calling people Sir or Madam. Luckily, not many people minded. She slowly got back onto her feet and prepared to back him up. It would do her nothing but good to be in the higher-ups good books, she had to become an officer within the next four months.

((Short post. I'm not feeling too inspired right now. :P))
I'm not going to be here very often anymore.

NOW TAKE IT TO THE LAUNCH PAD!

Himiko quickly managed to finish the Taboo Noise off, and used her wings to quickly float to the Scramble. There, she could see a group of reapers...

...Including Vita.

"Well, helloooooo there!" She giggled as she flew over.

"So? So? What's the deal with the Taboo Noise right now Mr Vita? And who's this old hag and geezer?" She asked. Himiko brushed a stand of her hair from her face as she spoke this.
Art by the talented Vickinator, thank you! ^_^

Old hag? She'd been called worse. Much worse.

She stuck her tongue out at the young girl and sighed, "I'm so glad to see the age-old concept of manners has held up as well as my botox, imp."

"I'm Rae and the 'geezer' as you like to put it, is Takai." she added, as she noticed the way the girl was staring at Takai was a bit... strange, to say the least.
How old was this girl? Eleven? Twelve?

"I-IMP?!" Himiko screeched, her anger spilling out as she clenched her teeth and curled her hands into fists. This only made her look more like a spoilt girl then she already was.

Then, she saw Takai...and hearts immediatly took over her eyes. She then shrugged her shoulders.

"Hee hee! Well, I suppose it's hard to not be jealous of one as cute and pretty as me! Though I do wonder why an old grandma like you manage to bag such a hot guy...is he your toyboy or something?" She giggled.

She then behind her and frowned. Then, she turned her head all over the scramble.

"Ugh! Dammit, where the heck did Yumiko go? I TOLD her to back me up against those Taboo Noise!" She sighed.

"I guess that old lady ran out of juice...tee hee!"

((You didn't answer the question, Dahlia. Mention Himiko's name in your next post, please.))

Oh dear, the girl was really ticked off now. Still, she got as good as she gave, and someone had to drag this spoilt brat back down to earth.
Rae had always thought that older men looking at young girls was disturbing. But this was just WRONG. She shot Takai a sympathetic look.
Feeling her cheeks turn red at the girl's comments, she quickly snapped back "No! How the heck can he be my 'toyboy' if he's older than me!? And how the heck do you know about thesed things when you're so young?!" Her face was starting to return to it's normal colour.

"Besides, I already have a boyfr--" She trailed off. Did she still have a boyfriend? It had been complicated in the process of building a new life for herself as "Rae", so she never got the chance to see him.
She decided as soon as she had a spare minute, she would go to AMX.

Rae's thoughts were interrupted by the incessant chattering of the girl. "Y-Yumiko?" she asked, dazed. "You know her?"
It seemed Yumiko had also fallen under fire from this girl's rather weak insults.

((Ooh. Rae's background is starting to be mentioned a bit more in my posts now. :P))

(OOC: Oh, you meant the age thing was a question? Sorry, I thought that was a thought. My bad. ^_^;)

"Well, duuuuuh~ She's my partner! Or at least...she was today. She was kinda cool, in a weird sort of way."

"Tee hee! Well, he's good looking for a...what, eighteen year old? I'm only twelve...not that much of a difference." Himiko giggled.

"And my name is Himiko. Himiko Daisuke! Elegant and cute, and Game Master for the day!" She suddenly did a loop in the air with her wings as she said the last bit.

((I meant asking for Himiko's name. The age thing WAS a thought. :P))

"Oh, right." Seeing as Rae knew Yumiko quite well, she could see how they'd get along. Only just, though.

"Um, seeing as I'm eighteen, and he's older than me, it is a bit of a difference."

"Nice to meet you, Himiko." Rae chuckled a bit inside as she said this.
"Y-You're GAME MASTER?!" Her jaw started scraping the floor, and she prayed that the day would end soon.
"Well, I'm certainly not calling you 'Sir'."

"So, what do we do now? Back up the Players or what?"

(OOC: Ah, I thought that because you didn't say clearly enough about the name thing. Never mind. Let's just puuuuuut it behind us.)

"Well, whatever. One thing I love about Shibuya is that there are ton of hot guys around! Like Vita, for instance..." Her eyes looked over to him as if infatuated before she continued.

"Hee hee! It's nice to meet you too, grandma!" Himiko smiled.

"Uh huh, I'm Game Master! I had quite a bit of fun with a pair of players...one of them was really cute and handsome as well." She showed the pin Vita had given to her at the beginning of the day.

"It's okay. I wouldn't be so harsh as to make an old hag like you bow down before me anyway! You might pull a muscle! Tee hee!" Himiko giggled.

"As for the players...leave them. I loooooove watching them struggle against all these super tough Noise! We only need to worry about ourselves. Ooh, look at that one there!" She pointed out a player who had just been erased by some Taboo Noise and clapped up and down enthusiastically.

(OOC: I love being a brat. XD)

((OK XD))

"Um, girlie, you're a bit too young to be thinking about guys. Trust me on this one." Rae was still being freaked out by Himiko's gazes. She was genuinely surprised Vita wasn't running away at this point.

"Grandma? Riiiiiiight... Try to insult something other than someone's age for once. Say, something they actually have control over, maybe?"

"One of them was handsome? I'm assuming that's why they're still breathing, right?"

"Hooo, boy." she sighed. This was going to be a long day. "Oh, I'll make sure YOU pull a muscle, imp." she muttered under her breath.

"Are you SERIOUS!? We can't leave them! God, you seem like a brat but I didn't think you were heartless!" she cried in disgust as she shielded her eyes from the erasure of the player.
"I don't know about you, but I'm going to help them. Besides, even if we leave the players, they'll be erased and there'll be nothing stopping the noise from erasing US! Who's with me?"

"Tch, as if we need help from Players fighting Taboo Noise." Himiko muttered.

But then, she awkwardly stared at her feet. Players...were always an odd subject around her. Sure, she acted like they deserved to be erased...but...they had lives. Lives they could go back to.

"Um...R-Rae?" She mumbled.

"...Is...um...a player's life...good?" She asked strangely. It was like a childish question to her...and yet, one she dearly wanted to know the answer to...

Keisan Loire

((Sorry again, things a bit better now, also may not be posting much over the holiday as am going away soz :s))
Takai leaned against the wall sluggishly.
"It must be hard for them... there are an awful lot of Taboo noise," he bit his lip thoughtfully.
He jumped slightly when the GM seemingly appeared out of nowhere, he hoped he hadn't been watching their activity.
"We have been erasing taboo noise as we should, but we where just watching to determine if they exhibited any pattern that would help us determine where they came from."
He sighed hoping they had been saved from the GM's wrath. he was about to relax a bit when a little girl flew in front of them. He blinked, was there really a reaper that young? Could there be? Even he, someone Reaper born did not exhibit much power until his teens.
He was about to say something but she talked first. He was surprised at her rudeness, but tried not to show it.
What he probably did show was how creeped out he was getting by the look she was giving him, just no.
He was about to back up Rae, but frankly he was scared and didn't want to get in the way, he settled for standing there and blushing.

He perked up a little when he heard Rae almost mention a boyfriend. His interest perked, he made a mental note to inquire later.

He drifted back to the convo when his age was mentioned.
"I'm 20 actually" he said quite quietly.
His eyebrows shot up at the mention of the girl being GM, he looked at Vita questioningly, but was quickly distracted by a player being erased in front of him. He twinged in regret of not being able to do anything.
Not wanting any others to be erased he nodded at Rae's suggestion.
"They could be a big help with this influx of Tabboo noise"

Takai watched as the girl suddenly became a bit more nervous and asked a suprising question.
He wanted to shout "All life is good"
bit he really didn't want to in front of Vita.
He probably could take him if worst came to worst, but he didn't wnat to try his luck.
credit for sprite used goes to TheTigress
Please check out my deviantART
http://nexas-kun.deviantart.com/

((Good good. We'll miss you T.T Have fun, though!))

Rae turned around to face Himiko. Was a player's life good? To be honest, she wasn't sure. She had been crossed by some pretty horrible people during her life.
Takai looked like he wanted to say something, but he looked wary of Vita. It wouldn't do to be caught persuading Reapers not to erase players. Luckily, he was in his own world.

She geared up to give one of those cheesy yet deeply emotional speeches you hear every so often, only much more quietly. "Well, yes. Yes, it is. I guess my story can count for about 90% of all players here, so I'll tell you about it. Before I ...came to the UG, I thought my life was quite ordinary. Every day was just: get up, go to school, go home, help out my uncle in the restaraunt, sleep. But then, when I came to the UG, I realised how amazing life was, how much I loved my family, my friends, everyone. I missed them so much; I still do. So I've kept on fighting so I can see them again. I know it sounds like a cliche, but that's just how it is, for almost every single player you see. When I'm erasing them, the only way I stop myself going crazy is thinking that the people who deserve to return to the RG are the most determined, and they're usually the ones who last the length of the game. Not everyone can go back, but you kind of need to give them a chance to prove they're worthy, so try not to crush them right away, yeah?" she whispered, giving a weak smile.

Four is Death

"Who can judge whether life is good thing or a bad thing? It's all a viewpoint; from the view of most Players, their life is the most important thing to the, while we are simply obstacles to the goal of returning to live the life they once had. From a slightly more twisted point of view, the Players are terrible sinners who never deserve to return to life. From my own point of view... I will judge the wicked and see justice be done. But that's just me." Vita looked over at the Players. "Be that as it may, mass slaughter is not just by any stretch of the imagination. I will join you... Rae, was it?"

"Yes, I'm Rae." She'd said this so many times now she was starting to believe it...

She took out a pin and summoned her guitar. Giving it a couple of strums, she spotted a pair of players who were on their last legs.
The looks on their faces when she started her assault were priceless. First, she let out a shockwave, knocking back the pair of taboo wolves that were about to erase the players. She followed this up with a short, sharp riff that only noise could hear, causing them to go absolutely insane and run around like headless chickens. She signalled for the players to move out of the way as she drew her weapon behind her head and struck the wolves. They were badly injured by now, but they were still extremely feisty.

Himiko merely stared at Rae as she explained her views on a player's life. Then, when she, Vita and Takai took off to fight the Taboo Noise, Himiko merely stood there, a blank look on her face. it was much like she was rooted to the spot.

Then, she suddenly pulled out her toy laser gun, and began firing shots at the wolves Rae had struck with a guitar.

((Ahaha, it doesn't feel right for me to post next, but we must move along. Also, none of the Players are posting))

"So glad you've decided to join us Himiko!" Rae shouted over to the young girl, letting out her "Magnum Opus" riff.
Her fingers flew at an alarming rate, appearing as just a blur. As she stopped abruptly, a healthy amount of the noise disappeared.
Only a few more were left and they looked worn out. She decided to leave it to one of her colleagues, her fingers were really sore.

((Shortish post DX))

(OOC: Durn players, quit messing up our fun! :yani-fist: )

Himiko seemed rather transfixed, much like she wasn't sure of what she was doing anymore. Using a few more shots from her laser gun, she wiped out the remaining noise. Her eyes were focused on Rae, as if she hadn't seen anything like her before.

"...I can't remember anything of my own Game. Or of my own life." She mumbled, her eyes had fallen to the ground and she seemed rather weak at the knees.

Then, she collapsed.

Last edited by Ulala on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keisan Loire

((Sorry Guys my daad didn't have internet :( but am back now so time to post :D
Also Hope ya all had a great Christmas :D))

Takai listened to Rae's views on players thoughtfully, he had never thought of it like that... he understood her views.

He nodded at them when they decided to erase the noise. He pulled out his scythe and swung it around a few times with a smile.
"Lets do this"

He rushed forward swinging the scythe in an X shape in front of him obliterating any noise that got in his way.
He had a grin on his face, he's forgotten how much fun fighting could be.

Suddenly he heard a thump behind him, he turned to see the girl collapsed o0n the floor, he ran over to her worried.

((No worries. I hope you had a good time at your dad's ^_^))

"H-Himiko?! What the heck?!" Rae sprinted over to Himiko along with Takai.
"Oh my God! Hold it. Calm down." she muttered to herself. Bending over Himiko, she found that she was still breathing.
"Thank God. Takai, she's still breathing. I think she just fainted If she doesn't wake up in a couple of minutes we'd better call HQ for help."
Rae lifted up Himiko's legs about eight inches off the ground. She was pretty sure that's what you were supposed to do if someone fainted.

"Finding out you're Reaper-born, and that she doesn't remember anything about her life and now this. For the first time, I feel so... ordinary." she sighed.

Keisan Loire

Takai bit his lip, he was actually pretty worried for the girl. He nodded in agreement at Rae's suggestion.
"I hope she's ok..."

He then looked up, surprised at Rae's sudden lamentation. He rested a hand on her shoulder.
"Rae... your still a Reaper, your someone who died, you can't get more extraordinary than that" he said with a faint smile.
"And anyways I think being 'extraordinary' is totally overrated" he said, his eyes looking sorrowful. "If my parents hadn't have been Reapers.... they'd still be alive"

Boredom is known no better than I do

"Vita! What the hell is going on in here?!"

Ryoushi had teleported right behind Vita. He seemed quite annoyed.

"It was fun at beginning, but god, I must have killed over 40 of those noises! I can't finish reading my mangas...I even spilled my instant noodles..."

He looked around him, wondering where those were coming from. Nothing was looking suspicious. He sighed, ran his hand through his white hair and turned back to Vita.

"Found who is behind all this? I'll make him pay...God, I loved those instant noodles..."

Ryoushi had spotted another Taboo Noise. He wished it would aim someone else, after all those he had to destroy.

Four is Death

"I haven't found the culprit. It appears that they may have left Shibuya through the Realground somehow, although I doubt it." He turned to some of the oncoming Taboo Noise and used some more of the bullets in his gun. He then turned his attention to the last of the Neoclassical Drakes. He pressed the trigger a few times, weakening the Drake, allowing somebody else to take the kill. Instead, he noticed a Player cowering slightly in front of the Drake. He darted up behind the Player, delivering a powerful slash of what seemed to be air, causing the player to surge forward and his the Drake - this same attack caused him to drop his pins, which Vita promptly shattered. Vita recognized the player from behind - Terminus. Despite the fact that this meant Terminus was powerless, he would receive more pins the next day... probably.

Terminus felt a wave of pain go through him, making him a little lightheaded. His awareness of being in front of the Drake made him recoil in horror at it; not noticing the Game Master behind him once again.

((I may have skipped time to make this go faster. Someone please kill the Drake, the Day ends then automatically~))

Bwaaah!

After a slow and confused romp through Shibuya, Mari and Brett finally arrived at the Scramble. Brett immediatly wished he hadn't, mostly because there was probably ever Reaper in town there, but partly because of the giant Taboo Noise that towered over him. He noticed the Player and the Game Master in front of the beast, and was going to let them handle it, but Mari refused to let him.

"We came here for a reason," she explained, "And besides, the clock is ticking. Remember?" She glanced at him, grinning slightly at his dismay. Brett sighed, mumbled, "Well, let's go then." and ran over to the Drake, Mari right next to him, and they found themselves quickly teleported into battle.

The Drake seemed to put up little challenge for the two. He seemed to hit rather hard, but went down very fast. Mari's Kanesada and Murasame were wholly effective against the Drake, and Brett barely had to do anything but hit it with some Force Rounds before it came down from their combined efforts.

Overworked Sprite Artist

Is it too late to join? If not, here's my character:

Name: Dypo Tarch

Player

Appearance: He has brown hair, but it's often perceived as being black. He usually wears black or blue clothing, and prefers having a print with something intriguing on his T-Shirt. He also wears a bandana, like Pi-Face's, and always has earpieces which seem to have been assembled inside his ears, never to be taken out. His eyes are brown, and he has one grey, and one black pupil (more about this in the "Background" section). He's fairly muscular, which he doesn't really realise.

Background: He was born as an orphan. When his mother was pregnant, she was infected by an unknown illness. She died in the process, but Dypo was miraculously saved, and unharmed. However, just before Dypo was born, his father was overrun, thus orphanizing Dypo. He got taken in by an elderly man shortly afterwards. Unfortunately, the man wasn't who he pretended to be. He was a freak who experimented on little kids. He messed with Dypo's eyes, trying to give him laser-eyes, but failed, thus leaving one of Dypo's pupils grey. Thereafter, Dypo was adopted by self-proclaimed foster parents, meaning that his parents hadn't chosen any yet. When he went to school, he discovered he was multilingual -- he could learn languages easily. That's also the reason that he is almost fluent in Latin. He often cries something in Latin if he's not paying attention.

Pins: Yoshimitsu, Excalibur, Fox, Wolf, Lightning Rook, Drake

Additional details:

Origins Of Surname: I guess I might as well tell you where his surname came from. His foster-parents were a bit eccentric. They wouldn't tell Dypo his parents' surname, claiming that it would be better if he chose his own. By doing that, he would undoubtedly develop a unique personality, as well as unique abilities.
Upon faced with this dilemma, he thought of the word "hark" first, which means to remember something from the past. But it just didn't sound right. That's why he thought up a custom verb: "tark", which means to remember/see something from the future. (One of his reasons was probably that he didn't quite cherish his past...) But then another problem came up. "Tark" just didn't agree with him somehow, so he pun'd his name on top of that.

Cause of Death: When his foster parents were kidnapped, he was overcome with rage, even though he's normally cool and collected. That's why he, stupid as it may have been, tried to single-handedly apprehend the kidnappers, and kill them if he could. But the kidnappers were not so graceful as to let him approach, but killed him from a distance.

___

((This all comes from another RP I signed up at. I like being active at multiple RPs.))

Ahh...Coffee...

Please do not necropost, this topic has been last posted about a year ago.
Click my sig to see my YouTube channel! AA music is found here!
CarChaseCityMan and Arkillian's son, Franzika Von ehmpke5 ,Lida_Rose and angel_of_nature's brother.
"If you don't have any shadows, then you're not standing in the light."

Overworked Sprite Artist

Oh, I'm sorry. I haven't paid much attention to the dates of the previous posts.
I'm really, truly sorry.
Image Image
Page 9 of 9 [ 347 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay