Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 3 of 4[ 126 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: A Night in the Gatewater (Begun - Only 5 Slots Left!)Topic%20Title

I can see you, from here!

Hmph... SOMEONE'S got issues... Though I can't really blame her...

Michael took his things, sticking the camera in his bag, and the phone and wallet in his pockets. "I suppose I must admit, HOWEVER you managed to pull it off was impressive... And very well, lead the way. You know more about this hotel then I do."

Arwen sighed as she pushed through yet another set of double doors, and found herself in yet another gleaming hallway, which looked exactly the same as the one she had just come from. At this rate, she was never going to get to the bar... and how was she going to find her way back to her room? There wasn't even anyone around to ask for directions, since despite the hubbub downstairs, the corridors she was wandering endlessly through all seemed to be totally empty.
Randomly, she took a left, and found herself at the top of a small staircase. Hoping it would lead her back to the main lobby, where she could start again, she started to head down it.
Beautiful sig thanks to Panda Prizessin! <3
-Even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day.

Just another day.

Marche Tobaye wrote:
((You can talk to us both at the same time, I think...))

Jonathan thanked the bartender for the whiskey and drank some. "Yeah, I'm a a novelist. Mostly mysteries. But I'm also playing piano in a jazz band known as Lauren Order Trio*. And what are you betting about?"

((* Lauren Order is a pun name I once heard, since it's related to law I thought it would be fitting for the PW-verse))

"well nothing much really just a friendly game of dice...if he wins im paying his first night here free...though if he looses hes gotta buy everyone in the bar a round of drinks."
james chuckled while talking cleaning out glasses.
"also a jazz band ehh...my favorite kind of music...lucky for me we got it playing here most of the time...though If I have the chance ill definately have to check out your group."

Walking the path of heaven, ruler of all

((Could, have you watched the bartender anime?))

Ron took another gulp of the drink and reached for something in his inner pocket with his hand.
"I think I have the perfect game for the two of us" he said and chuckled little. "Have you ever heard about russian roulette?" he said and slowly pulled something out of his pocket and then he slammed the desk with his hand and moved away the hand and revealed a couple of dices.

"I got you good there right" he said and laughed and took another sip of his glass.
"I suggest a simple guess the roll"

If Ron wanted to he could win this instantly with a couple of tricks of his but he was getting in the mood and decided to gamble a little.

"Since these dices are mine I think it would be your rights to check them and decide the rules"
Ron wanted to see if this bartender had the mind of a gambler or not.
Awesome sig made by Nadindi.
My otp's are. MayaxLarry and PhoenixxFranziska

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

Pandora permitted herself a brief grin- people hadn't acknowledged her skills for years now.

"It was impressive, wasn't it? Don't feel bad about it- I've been picking people's pockets since I was seven. You didn't have a chance against me once I decided I'd go for the bag."

She opened the door at the end of the corridor and gestured to Michael to follow her. It was a Staff Only exit but she figured if they were going to have to stick together, they might as well take the short cuts.

This particular passage led to the back of the hotel restaurant and one look told Pandora that the palce was feverishly busy. Actually finding the chef in here was going to be trickier than she'd initially thought.
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

"I see... Still, now that I KNOW you've done this in the past, I doubt it will happen again. Though the fact that you've been doing this for so long, and that you haven't been thrown to the pavement, I take it you HAVEN'T been caught before?"

Michael followed Pandora through the hotel, taking mental notes to decide what could possibly be good photo-fodder. Upon reaching the hotel restaurant, the amount of people surprised him.

Hmm... Coulda SWORN this was supposed to have an 'average' amount of people at this time of year... Guess it's the storm.

Pandora frowned at the question. Even thieves had some pride and it irritated her to know she'd broken her perfect record of never being caught tonight. It wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for the fact that the person who had caught her was one she'd at once taken a dislike to.

"No, I've never been caught. I used to do it for a living until I was fourteen and then you really can't afford to be caught. It's more of a hobby now- the job bores me so I do what I'm good at on the side. Stops me from going crazy in this hellhole." she answered briskly.

So now you're telling him your life story? Pathetic, Pandora, utterly pathetic.

Just another day.

oddy wrote:
((Could, have you watched the bartender anime?))

((not at all :P))
"I could check the dice...but I think ill leave that to chance...no ill add a bonus to the pot ill guess the numbers but also ill call whether the dice are rigged or not, if only one of the two are right well split the bill for the drinks. If guess both youll pay for 2 rounds of our most expensive drink. if both are wrong though, ill spot you for both today's and tomorrows night here...well that's if you wanna take the bet...
I mean there is quite a crowed tonight...would be a pretty expensive bill if you lost."

James looked at the man with a confident grin

"Ah. I see... While I hate to admit it.... If it wasn't for us meeting earlier, combined with the fact that I was in a hurry to get back to the room.... Your status as uncaught probably would have stayed that way..."

THE. HELL. WHY in the WORLD am I displaying... EMPATHY towards this psychopath?! ...I think I'm going soft... Oh well, you can go dig up a shrink later... For now, food.

This seemed to be an interesting gamble. He took a kinda deep breath and then he lit a cigarette. This guy was interesting, there was no doubt about it. He sucked on the cigarette and blew out the smoke and pushed the dices towards the bartender.
"Do you mind rolling first?" he asked and took a gulp of the drink and stared at the bartender.

From James point of view it wouldn't matted who throwed first but for Ron it was different. If he threw first he would be at an disanvantage. Ron thought for himself.

Just another day.

oddy wrote:
This seemed to be an interesting gamble. He took a kinda deep breath and then he lit a cigarette. This guy was interesting, there was no doubt about it. He sucked on the cigarette and blew out the smoke and pushed the dices towards the bartender.
"Do you mind rolling first?" he asked and took a gulp of the drink and stared at the bartender.

From James point of view it wouldn't matted who throwed first but for Ron it was different. If he threw first he would be at an disanvantage. Ron thought for himself.

James looked at the man he could see he was worried about the order...James tried to play another tactic to see if the man would change his mind...though he wasn't too worried even if he went first.
"I dont mind at all...just as I wanted."
james putting on a grin of confidence.

That last sentence was a bluff and Ron knew it. If he just played on lucks it wouldn't matter if he threw first or not but if he was like Ron, knowing a couple of tricks here and there to decide the outcome of the roll, being first would be an disadvantage. If the bartender would guess right on his roll it would just be a matter of fact for Ron to roll the dice wrong. Sure he would still have to pay a bit for tonights but it would be better than 2 whole rounds. But if the bartender guessed wrong he would just guess the wrong roll to.

Then he chuckled a little thinking of something that he realised. This gamble was totally up for Ron's advantage. The bartender had either a kind of plan or hadn't just thought about this enough.

"So go ahead and roll" he said and chuckled a little.
"Let see the outcome of this gamble".

((Due to boredom, I actually did a little sketch of Michael and Pandora in the hotel room =P

Spoiler: I Don't Like You
Yeah, they have no hands XD None of my people I draw have hands :3
))

What's with you? Do you really think I want your goddamn sympathy?

Pandora was a little unnerved by the fact that the man she'd just robbed appeared to be being so nice to her- no doubt he didn't mean a word of it. After all, he hated Pandora just as much as she hated him. But for now, while they were effectively partners of circumstance, they'd have to slightly get along.

She scanned the kitchen and spotted the head chef over on the far side.

"Hey, Felicia!" she called. "Due to circumstances I'm not at liberty to divulge, I need some food- enough for a small meal. Can you help me?"

PandaPrinzessin wrote:
((Due to boredom, I actually did a little sketch of Michael and Pandora in the hotel room =P

Spoiler: I Don't Like You
Yeah, they have no hands XD None of my people I draw have hands :3
))

((I'm hittin' a blank in writing at the moment... So I'm just gonna say... THAT. IS. AMAZING))

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

Felicia was harboring a bad headache, and this... Pandora was making it worse. "NO!" She hit the counter with her spoon to empathize this point. "This restaurant is busy enough, and I'm having a migraine over cooking! Do NOT pester me as you have done in the past!" Felicia grimaced and rubbed her forehead.

"It's not like I want you here, we're just busy for the night." Felicia muttered as she filleted the maki maki.
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

My name is Judge.

Jean burst back into the kitchen with his cart. He'd been serving Caesar Salad and hot bowls of Lobster Bisque table-side, but hungry customers was a massive understatement. He had been feeling melodramatic and his entrance into the pass was equally so. He pushed his cart up and had a chef begin to restock it. He then moved over to Felicia.

"My lord... I haven't seen a night this hectic since... well since the restaurant was the official restaurant downstairs. This truly is a measure of our wit, resourcefulness, skillse-" He stopped seeing Pandora.
"Oh, 'Dora, here again to counter-cruise and mooch off our establishment? I'm disappointed in you. A night like this and all you can think of is yourself." It was clear Jean felt no love towards the employee, and constantly berated the Chief of Staff to let her go.
"And you bring a ruffian friend as well. Hmph."
Re: A Night in the Gatewater (Begun - Slots Open)Topic%20Title

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

((Back.))

Percei wrote:
"Jason's doing wonderfully, you know he's a Prosecutor now, but he's out studying abroad in Germany, what he hopes to learn there is beyond me." Shaun smiled as he shook Sean's hand.

"So, what have you been up to? Better yet, what brings you here?" he grinned inquisitively, "Oh! How about we talk over a meal. I was eating at Le Petite Gerard, but I'm still hungry. I was going to eat at the Excalibur tomorrow, but hey, I can move it forward, how about we go there. I've heard the food there is delectable."

"Great to hear about Jason." Sean told Shaun, reminiscing about his friend. "Germany, huh? I've read it's experimented a huge legal turnaround after last month's system-defining case, since the prosecutor, who was german, apparently took some concepts and ideas home. That case's had a lot of media coverage, for an apparently straight-forward murder."

"And regarding dinner, sounds excellent!" Sean exclaimed. "I..." As he was about to continue his sentence, he remembered that he was still too wet for dinner, or for anything else. "...I should change clothes first. Let me do that, and I'll meet you back at the Excalibur." He quickly checked his pockets again, making sure he hadn't lost his new set of keys. Fortunately, they were still there, so he just stood there and expected Shaun's answer.

Last edited by DeMatador on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Call me Ishmael.

((I'm going to be away for a while. I'll be back in a week or so.))
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

My name is Judge.

((Sorry I didn't mean to confuse you DeMat, I was offering the Excalibur, the Petite Gerard is a restaurant downtown, where Shaun was before the storm, sorry about the confusion!))

"That sounds wonderful! I'll meet you there."

They parted ways as Shaun headed down towards the Excalibur Bar and Grill. "Table for two, I have a reservation this weekend for Shaun Tindeed." The hostess looked at him with an exasperated glare that said We've been holding this table and we could have used it, and we almost did. Shaun sat down at his booth seat and looked at steampunk decor of the restaurant, patiently waiting for Sean.

Just another day.

James figured hed see through it but either way his trap was set and the man was already in it...though it would still come down to luck, it was definitely in his favor.
"well then shall we begin."

((ok so how should we do this...figured I should ask. :P))

((I thought of it like that the person that guesses also roll the dices))

Well, well, if it isn't my old friend I'm-Going-To-See-You-Fired-One-Of-These-Days...

Pandora shrugged- she'd expected that Felicia would most likely refuse her request. The chef tended to be bad-tempered when the restaurant was crowded.

Holding back the ear-blistering response that had immediately risen in her head when Jean had spoken, Pandora simply settled for a glare.

"Believe me, I wouldn't be asking if I had any choice whatsoever in the matter." she managed through gritted teeth.

"But it's better for you to just give it to me than for me to have to take it, right? And he is NOT my friend. Though I'll agree with the ruffian part."

Just another day.

oddy wrote:
((I thought of it like that the person that guesses also roll the dices))

((k just figured Id ask))
"hmm...I feel these are real...hmm what number to choose...ill go with 5."
james rolled the dice the dice hit the bar table just luckily landing on his number
"whew...well then looks like I lucked out for now...though there still is one more dice to be rolled."
james was now sure this game was his win.

((Could you explain what you meant with the rules a little better? I think I've missunderstood them)9

Just another day.

oddy wrote:
((Could you explain what you meant with the rules a little better? I think I've missunderstood them)9

(( well I did ask you myself because I was unsure what we were doing xD...
well at first I thought I was doing the rolling and guessing whether it was real or fake.
the number I could decide while you tell me if it was real or fake...that probably woulda ended in a tie which im fine with...but then you added the turn part which confused me so I myself am abit lost.
but what I though of was we each roll a dice if only my roll is right I win and vice versa but if we both get it right or wrong then its a tie))

((I think I see were we are going now.I thought we would roll both of the dices but we roll one dice each now right?))

Ron looked at the second dice and noticed that it showed a 3. So that bartender was able to pull of a right guess so two free nights was out of the question.
"To bad I couldn't get some free drinks and my guess is 2 " he said and lifted the dice.

I guess I have to go for the split then, he thought for himself. Since the dice showed 3 the other side of the dice would have a 4 since the numbers on each side of the dice equals seven.

So I just have to roll anything beside a two. And I just have to throw the dice so it rolls exactly on and a half roll and I will not loose.

Ron started the throwing motion and had the force to throw the dice so it would roll like he wanted but he hestiated for a second. What the hell he thought for himself. Let's make this a real gamble. he thought and didn't care about the force of his throw anymore and the dice rolled on the table and showed a 2.

Ron laughed. "It looks like I'm out of luck tonight. I wonder if this will be enough for two rounds or do you serve liguor in diamond bottles or something?" he said and pulled out a huge stack of money from his inner pocket and putted it on the desk and left the bar.

Last edited by oddy on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Just another day.

oddy wrote:
((I think I see were we are going now.I thought we would roll both of the dices but we roll one dice each now right?))

((pretty much :P))

"Ugh. Pandora, if you want food, order it like everyone else." Felicia said grumpily as she prepared the plates for Table 5. "It's pretty busy here, and I don't need more work cooking for you right now."

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

((@Perc: Oh, yeah, you're right :P))

After getting into the elevator and arriving at floor 81, Sean rapidly entered room 8103 with his new set of keys. After some minutes, he was in a new set of clothes, still as informal as ever, but, at least, dry. Before leaving, he checked his keys again, and then called the elevator.

Fifteen minutes later, composed of 10 minutes of waiting time and 5 of travel, Sean had arrived at the first floor, where the Excalibur was. By the entrance was a young hostess, dressed in white with a black bowtie. Sean rarely visited the Excalibur, usually dining in the Cancellacqua, so he didn't know the hostess.
"Excuse me," he told her, trying to be as formal as possible, "I'm meeting Mr. Shaun Tindeed, he has a reservation." The hostess rolled her eyes, much to Sean's surprise and dislike, then lead him to Shaun's table.
"Hey!" Sean exclaimed when he saw his friend, and sat down. "So, you were asking me about why I was here. But we should order first, don't you think?" The hostess, who was still next to them, left, probably to call a waiter or waitress. "I'll leave that to the culinary student." He smirked.

My name is Judge.

Shaun smiled back, "Well, I planned on getting their grilled lamb, I've heard that it's to die for. That's what I planned to get, what do you think? I might recommend the beef wellington or the Surf 'n' Turf Roast, which is a large cut of tenderloin stuffed with shrimp and scallops."

He scanned the menu looking to see if there was anything worth getting appetizer wise.

"Lamb? Count me in!" Sean said, his eyes now wide open. "And if what you're looking for is appetizers, I'll let you choose that too. After all, you are studying food." he said, and laughed. He was quite glad Shaun was there, to be honest. He and Shaun's brother, Jason, were very close friends back in the day, after all, and he had become friends with most of the Tindeed family since then. And to be honest, he needed to rest from trying to write. So this little break was very much welcome. Besides, he loved lamb, so it was a win-win situation.

My name is Judge.

After the two had ordered, Shaun settled down, excited for the Shrimp Skewers that were a house special for the appetizer. He waited for Sean to get settled in then tried to start some conversation,

"So what have you been up to in the last few years?"

Last edited by Percei on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

((You wrote "Jason"... Typo or flashback? XD))

"Well..." Sean started. "These haven't been the best years, to be honest. Just 3 years ago, my family, most precisely my father, Marcus, wanted me to take over Dereks Oil, since he wants to retire. I said no, telling him I didn't want to be a business man like he is. Well, thing is, he got mad at me, telling me I was no longer a Dereks, and kicked me out. He'll probably disinherit me, too... The point is he somehow found a bit of humanity in his rage, and talked to the owners of the Gatewater, friends of his. They arranged for me to stay here permanently, all paid by my father." He paused, and sipped from the glass of water that the hostess had left them free of charge. "So I've being stuck in this hotel since then, but I can't complain." He smiled faintly.

"But tell me, how have you been up to, Shaun?"

My name is Judge.

"Well, after high school, as you know, I went into Culinary School, and honestly it's been amazing! Not to gloat but I'm like, the best in our class." He laughed and continued, "Just recently we started on deconstruction of food, which is such an epic process! It's easily my favorite part about cooking. Soon we're going to d-"

Shaun was cut short by a large crash from the kitchen, and some yelling.

"Non! Non! I vill indeed no longer endure 'zis! Jou tre-at me like ze food I so grrrraciously prepare for jou! I am ee-at-en, 'zen chewed up, and speet back out again! I 'ave 'ad it!" Then a man in a large chef hat stormed out of the kitchen in a huff, three other sous chefs and the restaurant owner trailing behind him, all crying for him to come back.

Shaun had a very excited look on his face, "Oh we're so lucky! This is one of Chef Salle's infamous tantrums! I've always wanted to see it, but he's been so docile the last couple of years!"

Felicia finished Table 5's order and told an open waiter to take it there. Then the phone rang next to the door. Felicia rolled her eyes and answered it.

"What is it? We're busy here!" She paused after hearing the frantic response. "... Again? He's throwing a tantrum AGAIN?" Felicia nodded then hung up. She turned to her kitchen staff and clapped her hands together.

"People, I'll have to deal with a problem downstairs. Just giving you a heads-up. Now, chop chop!" The staff looked at her then jumped back into cooking. The head chef looked at them, and ran out to the back stairs. She quickly ran down and burst into the kitchen of the Excalibur. "Where's the chef?"

Call me Ishmael.

((I'm back!))

Jonathan had watched the two men play their game together, fascinated.

"So this guy... I assume you make money by gambling? Cool... Maybe I should write about that in my next novel".

((Dunno what to post to reach 50 words without it being a filler post. I'm just posting this so you know I'm still here :P

I'll let Dawn and Perc (as the chef) move along this subplot.))

((Ah, right. Confrontation.))

The sous chefs pointed at the door leading into the dining and Felicia pushed through the doors. "Mr. Salle, what seems to be the problem?" She quickly said, catching up to the chef before he reached the other end of the room. Felicia quickly took a glance around, seeing that Chef Salle already was making a spectacle. "Surely something didn't go wrong in the kitchen?"

smile

((I think I would like to join! Sounds cool!))
Spoiler:
Name: Tiffany Lee
Job: Maid/Room Service
Appearance: Tiffany has bangs and long curly/wavy hair. She is a bit short. Tiffany has Green eyes and her Hair color is orange. (Like Mikuru Asahina)
Personality: She is helpful and cares about all the guests. A sweet young girl and a bit of a neat freak. Loves cute things, sometimes not the brightest though. She is somewhat scared of thunder/lightening and bugs. Works to help parents pay off bills.
Biography: When Tiffany was 6, her parents got into a car accident and were instantly killed. She was put up for adoption and didn't get adopted until she was 10 years old by newlyweds. They raised her with kindness and responsibility. Then the Lee Family was in house debt. Then Tiffany had to work and then finally landed at Gatewater Hotel as a maid.

((And I might be gone for three days tomorrow. I MIGHT, so if I'm not on it's not because I don't want to.))
ImageImage
the sig was made by PandaPrinzessin
Bellossom avatar made by me
Husband: Marche Tobaye

Call me Ishmael.

((Glad that you're joining, sparkles!))
Page 3 of 4 [ 126 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay