Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 3 of 4[ 123 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Wright's Island (OOC Conversations)Topic%20Title

Elimentary!

Coco wrote:
Oooh, I wasn't very attentive earlier. Apparently, there already is an existing Kay smiley. Hohoho.

... But no actual Lang smiley for my use. *sheds a tear* Would it be too much work to have the smiley I made above be added to the database? :sadshoe:

I like your lang avvy, I vote for it being added into the database :gant:

Check out my Graphics page :D!

((FYI: I am working on the intro post. Introductions are always the longest RP chapters. It will be finished and posted later tonight.))

EDIT: Update is done. Let me know what you think.
http://forums.court-records.net/general-roleplay/wright-island-ace-attorney-t20158.html

1: Most updates shouldn't be nearly as long as that one was -- introductory posts are almost always longer because "they have to set the mood."

2: You'll notice I interjected a lot of dialogue and exposition with Edgeworth there, despite the fact that Edgeworth isn't my character. I explicitly asked Nudalman via PM for permission to do so, however, and I strongly encourage you all to similarly ask for permission via PM when your own updates require you to write significant portions of dialogue for another character.

3: Will Powers isn't at the beach campsite and won't be participating in this story until I write my first update from his perspective.
I have plans for him. Plans that should drive the plot a bit, at least early on...

4: As always, keep the OOC comments here, and only post in the other topic when you're actually updating the narrative.

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

The post ist AAAAAWESOME! :godot: :redd:

The perfect way to start of an awesome RPG!

(Makes me really wonder why you're so impressed by my writting... :udgy: )

I haven't finished reading it yet (to be honest, I'm in the middle of my Japanese Lecture... :gymshoe: ) but once I did, I'd like to ask if it's possible that I could write the next post as Maya! :maya:

I think Maya coming along and being all "OMG I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE NOT DEAD!" Would be incredibly fitting now. ^^

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Last edited by Neni on Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Your MOM reminds me of a puzzle.

Of course Oldbag gets a special mention from Edgey-poooo. Teehee. We're off to a great start! Looking forward to how things will unfold.
Image "WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME, SIR?!"Image

Seizing the day - or trying to.

((I'd also like to post after Neni - someone calm might be appropriate after Maya, so cue Lana!))
Image OBJECTION! I may be green, but I can still beat you with my epic broomstick! (Avatar copyright Atlus.)

Alright, I posted! The post turned out longer than I planned to though... :yuusaku:

I originally wanted to just post with Maya for now, but I ended up posting with Maggey as well... I guess my imagination just overflew when I thought "Maggey" and "Stranded on an Island".

Heheh... I hope I (=Maya) didn't accidentally knock Wright out with her enthusiasm now. XD I imagine he'd still be in a pretty unpleasant condition right now...

Also, excuse me for all typos, grammar errors and the like. I spellchecked the post, but I don't have a beta-reader for this, like I have for my Fanfic. ^^;

Anyway, writting this was huge fun! I feel so excited about what will happen next now! :maya:

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Elimentary!

That is an awesome intro post!!

Just so you all know, Angel's intro is purposely short. If i go too OOC with her please let me know!

Overworked Sprite Artist

Alright, I posted as well. I hope it's not too suckish... ^^;
Image Image

Dypo wrote:

I think it was a really good post! ;-)

I especially liked "Operation Cheat Bones and Stand Straight!" XD

Overworked Sprite Artist

Whoa. That means a lot to me, coming from you. ;)

After all, we're dealing with one of the finest fanfic authors here... ^^
Image Image

Elimentary!

Dypo wrote:

Excellent post!! I really like how you've done Udgy!!

Neni wrote:
Alright, I posted! The post turned out longer than I planned to though... :yuusaku:

I originally wanted to just post with Maya for now, but I ended up posting with Maggey as well... I guess my imagination just overflew when I thought "Maggey" and "Stranded on an Island".

Heheh... I hope I (=Maya) didn't accidentally knock Wright out with her enthusiasm now. XD I imagine he'd still be in a pretty unpleasant condition right now...

Also, excuse me for all typos, grammar errors and the like. I spellchecked the post, but I don't have a beta-reader for this, like I have for my Fanfic. ^^;

Anyway, writting this was huge fun! I feel so excited about what will happen next now! :maya:

Damn! You've set a high benchmark :godot: Really good post and poor maggey :sadshoe:

Great job, everyone!

I do want to write an update with Feenie, but I think I'll wait a bit longer and let some others complete their intro posts.

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

Posted my intro. Hope it was okay. I really got into writing for Oldbag, despite not really liking her that much. Purposely made it rambley for... obvious reasons. I think I nailed her pretty well.

The Trusty Nudal!

OK, made my first post. I actually intended on Edgey staying with Wright, but TWW forced me away. Still want some communication, so I met up with Dypo.

This is going awesomely smoothly already! :maya:

Alright, I am already very excited for Perseverance's next post! Can't wait to see how Nick reacts to the Attack of the Maya! :-P

By the way, today in University, I realized something. Since this is a dire Situation and Phoenix, Maya and Pearls not thinking about calling Mia in a dire Situation would be very out of Character, especially for Maya (not to mention a wasted oportunity, seeing how we have LANA here), does that mean that Asa Turney and me will get to play as Mia as well once in a while? :peal-mia: :mia-maya: Or will we have an Extra-Player for her and simply "disable" Maya/Pearl for the time she's in the game?

Alright, now for something else:

I just couldn't resist but draw this:

Stranded Maya. Her Kimono's a mess and the Obi's been ripped. She lost her hair-decs, so she uses strings instead. Tying the Odango up again would be too difficult and time consuming, so she picked herself some flower instead. (let's hope it's not poisonous. XD) She also lost her sandals on the ship. Wearing the purple robe would be too hot, so she tied it on a stick and now uses it as a flag. :maya:

I wrote her (japanese) name in Hiragana and Kanji on the sketch.
The Kanji in the lower left corner say "Gyakuten-Jima" which means "Turnabout Island". Was the most... eh... fitting title I could think of. :yuusaku:

And because it's so much fun... again! :maggy:

Maggey. Same deal as Maya. She also has some scratches. All that's left of her glasses is the frame, they do nothing right now and are only there for decor. Don't ask me what's up with the flags, I thought it would be cute if Maya and her had flags...

If anybody wants me to draw such a sketch of their character, just tell me and maybe give me some describtion of what they're wearing! :keiko:

Neni.

Those are absolutely incredible little sketches.

(Now I just need to convince you or someone else to color them...)

Also I sincerely fear that you're going to have to draw Wright's Island interpretations of every stranded character now. :-P

...Oh, who am I kidding! I don't fear it! I practically demand it! :sparkly-maggey:

EDIT:
Quote:
By the way, today in University, I realized something. Since this is a dire Situation and Phoenix, Maya and Pearls not thinking about calling Mia in a dire Situation would be very out of Character, especially for Maya (not to mention a wasted oportunity, seeing how we have LANA here), does that mean that Asa Turney and me will get to play as Mia as well once in a while? Or will we have an Extra-Player for her and simply "disable" Maya/Pearl for the time she's in the game?

...Asa and you can "switch" who roleplays as Mia depending on which body Mia is possessing.
I suppose that'd also work for any other dead person Maya or Pearls was capable of summoning. (Although for simplicity's sake, we'd probably just stick with summoning Mia more or less exclusively.)

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

Sorry I'm late. I hope I didn't screw up with my post.

Perseverance, that was an amazing opening post. I seldom see such detail, even in other opening posts. Nice job.

And wow. Cute sketches, Neni. They look really good! :hobohodo: I'd like to reinforce Perseverance's plea for other stranded characters. Forgive me. :mina:

Many thanks to PandaPrinzessin for this signature!

Aliucon wrote:
Sorry I'm late. I hope I didn't screw up with my post.

Perseverance, that was an amazing opening post. I seldom see such detail, even in other opening posts. Nice job.

And wow. Cute sketches, Neni. They look really good! :hobohodo: I'd like to reinforce Perseverance's plea for other stranded characters. Forgive me. :mina:

Your post was cool! ^^ I especially liked the Gumshoe Maggey thing... You might have noticed but, in Canon's name, I'm attempting to reinforce that a little too. I'll write a answer to your Gumshoe with my Maggey as soon as the next Nick post is there... I just want to see what Nick does first, before I make my characters doing anything else. ;-)

OK, I guess I'll have no choice but to go and try draw everybody, Stranded-style. XD

Neni wrote:
OK, I guess I'll have no choice but to go and try draw everybody, Stranded-style. XD

Yes!!! :nick-heart:

Just keep in mind that Nick isn't wearing a variation of his usual blue suit... actually, right now, he's technically shirtless...I guess I better find a t-shirt or something for him to throw on... :nick-sweat:

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

Neni wrote:
Your post was cool! ^^ I especially liked the Gumshoe Maggey thing... You might have noticed but, in Canon's name, I'm attempting to reinforce that a little too. I'll write a answer to your Gumshoe with my Maggey as soon as the next Nick post is there... I just want to see what Nick does first, before I make my characters doing anything else. ;-)

Thank you very much! Ah, and I'm reinforcing that in Canon's name too, so no pressure intended. ^^"

Heh, good luck with the drawings! Thanks, even, for accepting the challenge of drawing the stranded characters. Hope it isn't too much hard work on your shoulders. And at the same time, I'm looking forward to them. :phoenix:

smile

I'm back! :maya: I love the Maya and Maggey pics! Those are adorable! I'm trying to catch up!

((Working on the next little update as we speak...I promise this one will be much shorter than the last.))

Elimentary!

Those drawings are REALLY good! I'm jumping on the 'please draw the rest' wagon because i'd LOVE to see edgeworth looking scruffy!!

Overworked Sprite Artist

I'd love to see those drawings when you finish them. :godot:

And with that, I'll take a look at the updates as of now.

EDIT: Lol, I love your post, Asa. ;)
Image Image

Team Stepladder, represent!

First of all...
! ...Neni, those drawings are so awesome...!!! :keiko:
I totally can't wait to see the rest!

Well, all right, umm, I (or Pearls) finally posted...
I'm so sorry it took me so long!!

Dang, I was dead last... Forgive me! :Bikini:

It...was even harder than I thought!!

I-it's like a twelve-way collaborative fanfiction, and I have to make sure not to contradict any other posts (and to keep up to a standard -- everyone else's parts were so great!!).

If I did something wrong, I'm so, so sorry in advance... :toaster:

Ack, random references. I used up so many in this first post that I'm gonna run out of ones to make later...
Seriously, why gravy!? Dx I really don't know. 'Cause I'm a loser who couldn't think of a better random reference and I wanted a semi-creative "messed-up outfit" design and m-maybe it'll be important at some point, like, the smell will attract an animal at some point, hahaha I dunno...

I'll get better. And faster. I promise. *rolls up sleeves and makes serious face*

Overworked Sprite Artist

Of course, it's good to get better, however...

You know what they say: "Haste makes waste". ;)
If you don't manage to finish a proper post within a certain amount of time which you choose for yourself, don't rush it. The plot is more important than a "deadline". :godot:

That said, I think that even if you stayed at this level, I think it'd already suffice. :godot:
Image Image

Asa Turney wrote:

I'll get better. And faster. I promise. *rolls up sleeves and makes serious face*

You don't need to be faster! And I already like your post as it is!

...So, in conclusion, half the population of the island is currently assaulting Wright? That's gonna be fun! :gant:

...It's too bad Phoenix is still guilt-trippin' a bit too much -- and he's still in a bit too much pain -- to really enjoy all the attention. :phoenix:

((I'll have Phoenix get over his moping soon enough, but it felt appropriate for him to suffer through a whole new wave of melancholy after seeing Iris, Maya and Pearls in ragged condition.))

Your MOM reminds me of a puzzle.

Hey Neni, those drawings look great! Good job on the details! I can help you out with the drawings. :D I saw your post this morning and I couldn't resist either so I was inspired to draw Lang's situation as well!

(I can't draw a gun to save my life. Hurr durr hurr durr.)
Image "WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME, SIR?!"Image

Coco wrote:
Hey Neni, those drawings look great! Good job on the details! I can help you out with the drawings. :D I saw your post this morning and I couldn't resist either so I was inspired to draw Lang's situation as well!

(I can't draw a gun to save my life. Hurr durr hurr durr.)

Badass Lang is Badass. :godot:

Oh, and I posted again... But I guess my post turned out a little too long. :payne: That both my characters are going for the First aid kit now was a coincidence, really. Maya and Maggey are probably gonna have some trouble deciding who'll go first now. ^^;

Elimentary!

I will write more in depth posts!! And I really hope I'm not going OOC!!

Great posts everyone!!

I think everyone has been doing a fantastic job! This is already one of my favorite RPs here on Court Records.
(But I'm biased. This is also the only RP that I'm an active participant in here.)

That being said, my one concern is that I'd like to continue encouraging interaction between the characters. A lot of us are RPing their characters alone or isolated, or only really writing interaction between the two characters we directly control, which would limit opportunities if we continued that approach. I'm thinking about different ways of encouraging interaction. Maybe the biggest one is establishing a precedent of having us PM each other about the directions we'd like our characters to take in advance; if we all know roughly what we want to do with our characters we can actually write some of each other's dialogue in our updates (and emulate real conversation) without contradicting the intentions we have for our characters.

I think the next move should be that the group at the camp sends out a search troup for Ema and Kay. It should strike at very least Lana, Phoenix and Edgeworth that those two somehow don't come back.

Neni wrote:
I think the next move should be that the group at the camp sends out a search troup for Ema and Kay. It should strike at very least Lana, Phoenix and Edgeworth that those two somehow don't come back.

...Well, Phoenix has only just now learned that Ema was missing, and he doesn't even really know Kay, and he's not exactly in a condition to conduct a search...but yes, he will be concerned.

Perseverance wrote:
Neni wrote:

...Well, Phoenix has only just now learned that Ema was missing, and he doesn't even really know Kay, and he's not exactly in a condition to conduct a search...but yes, he will be concerned.

That's why I mentioned Edgeworth too. And Lana. :-P

Overworked Sprite Artist

If Perseverance finds his way back to CR, I hope we can revive this... I really had a blast RP'ing as the Judge. :-P
Image Image

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

I'm up to revive this if everyone manages to come back here after this long winter!

Last edited by Aliucon on Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Balance (Yin-Yang)

Ack, double post! Sorry.

'Ello again!

I suppose it's self-evident by now, but it's sad to reflect on how our long unexpected break kind of destroyed any chance for this RP to get off the ground. (Heck, I wasn't even aware this forum was back in action until today! That's too bad.)

Coincidentally, though, I'd like to start another RP sometime; my creative writing skills have gotten a tad rusty and RP's a great way to 'stay in shape' when I'm too busy to commit to writing conventional fiction. If anyone who was involved in Wright's Island might be interested in some sort of reboot, drop me a PM or something?

Former anti-shipper

((If this gets revived, how would one go about joining it...?
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for the amazing signature.

I am SomariFeyWright, the freaky and happy shipper-hating son of ToonBlade and Franzika Von ehmpke5, and brother of bethanyann96, Game Over, and >Mario.<
Page 3 of 4 [ 123 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay