Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 1[ 17 posts ]

Vanilla MafiaTopic%20Title

aka Ami <3

Just a regular round of mafia with regular roles. No third parties, no power roles, no extra mechanics. Just 100% organic deception and mayhem from your locally grown local farm, given to you here, at your local website. Townies v. Mafiosi. Since Rov's round got deleted (and hasn't yet been recovered), I assume it's okay that I make a round.

Sign-ups will close 48 hours after minimums are met. Minimum player base is set at 7 players (not counting subs).

Spoiler: Mandate Against Metagame Anything
I understand and agree that by participating in the game:

All actions made in the game must adhere to the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play. All in-game actions are towards the in-game victory. All actions expressed in the game are without insult, ill-will, harmful intent, or personal grudges. Furthermore, any outside alliances, friendships, or other relationships will not affect any of my decisions in the game.

During any game, the Game Master's (and/or co-GM's and/or proxy GM's) judgments regarding the game are final, and not subject to review. This is excepted ONLY when a forum rule is broken, or under very extreme circumstances. All cases will be assessed and processed by Vendetta Strada staff members only. In these exceptions, the staff decision is then final.

The use of meta-game methods for collecting and disseminating information is grounds for penalization. This majorly includes (but isn't limited to):

Screenshots of game-related content.
Creating/using a secondary account.
Using non-players to aid you.
Threatening, extorting, bribing, or otherwise forcing/buying the behaviour of any party involved in a game to influence the outcome of a game.
Reading restricted conversation areas. (Includes, not limited to: Dead/Spectator Thread, Mafia QuickTopic, other player's role PM's, etc.)

I will always pursue the victory of my faction. I will not knowingly and/or willingly assist other factions, unless it does not interfere with my chances of victory. I will make no attempts, through any action or inaction, to knowingly hinder the efforts of others within my faction to achieve victory.

I will not, through any action or inaction, attempt to ruin the game's experience for others. I will not be arrogant in victory, nor contemptuous in defeat. I will be respectful toward all other players of any background and skill level.

The utilization of means to circumvent the phrasing of this agreement will be considered a violation. Anything determined to violate the spirit of this agreement is subject to penalties on par with a violation of any of the specific directives.

If for any reason it is determined that I am in violation of the MAMA, I understand that I will be penalized for my actions with or without warning, inclusive of being expelled from current and/or future games.
If you are incapable of abiding by this agreement, do not play the game.
MAFIA GAMEPLAY RULES

All participants must agree to the MAMA in order to play any and all rounds of Mafia.
All round-specific requests (power usage, item usage, affiliating, etc.) must be sent to the Game Master via private message. The use of instant messaging clients to request is forbidden.
Living players may not directly quote any messages they receive from the Game Master without their express consent.
Game Masters reserve the right to remove any player from their game at any time, for any reason they wish.

LIFE, DEATH, & ACTIVITY RULES

Living players may not view or post within the Dead Thread, and dead players may not post in the Living Thread. You must immediately contact the GM or a member of the staff if you have the ability to break this rule.
You may not, as a dead player/spectator, reveal round-specific information to living players.
Signing up for a round and being inactive will not be tolerated. Players are removed from a game after a duration of its GM's choosing, which cannot exceed 72 hours to maintain site efficiency.
The abuse of thread access to indiscriminately post irrelevant bulk messages is not allowed. However, you're not required to remain completely on-topic all the time. The more amusing you are, the more lenience you'll receive.

Rules wrote:
GM: Genodragon1 (aka Ami)
Phase Lengths: 24:00 Night, 48:00 Day
Phase Change Times: 8:00 PM EST.
Communication Allowed: Thread only (Mafia may make a quicktopic and communicate via PM's). All players may PM the game master (me) with game questions.
Role Ratio: Hidden
Hidden Roles: No
Hidden Mechanics: No
B-mod round: No
Victory Conditions: All mafiosi eliminated (town victory) or the number of mafiosi equal the number of townies (mafia victory).

Game Info:
  • Voting will be plurality lynch. Whoever was first to receive the most votes will be lynched in the event of a deadlock. For example, if Player A has 5 votes first, and Player B has 5 votes, Player A gets lynched. If someone voting for Player A unvotes, but then revotes player A, Player B will be lynched.
  • Uses of powers stack. For example, if someone gets docced once and shot twice in one phase, they will die. If they get docced twice and shot twice in one phase, they will live.
  • Powers aren't usable night 0 unless specifically noted.
  • Don’t talk to dead players (about the game until it's over).

Players: 4/7
1. JesusMonroe
2. BlueJayThePirate
3. Cold52
4. cesar26100
. . .

Substitute Players: 0 (Subs will only play if a player needs to leave the game early)
. . .

Last edited by genodragon1 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Re: Vanilla MafiaTopic%20Title

In / mama

Sleeping is my life.

I'm in! /MAMA

(Okay, you don't have the MAMA rules established, so I assumed that the MAMA rules is still the same.)

Just another day.

im in / mama

aka Ami <3

BlueJaythePirate wrote:
I'm in! /MAMA

(Okay, you don't have the MAMA rules established, so I assumed that the MAMA rules is still the same.)

They do. Thanks for reminding me.

JesusMonroe wrote:
In / mama

Good to see ya, Monroe. ^_^

Cold52 wrote:
im in / mama

YAY! Good to see ya again, btw. <3

Gettin' Old!

Why is there rules regarding powers? There's no powers this game right?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

aka Ami <3

Pierre wrote:
Why is there rules regarding powers? There's no powers this game right?

I copy/pasted it from the last round I ran, so it's basically a vestigial rule.

I'm in / mama
Signature loading, please wait...

Is Rov's round still going to happen at some point?

And is there usually an issue with running two mafia games at once? Do people get confused with scum reads from different games and such?

aka Ami <3

JesusMonroe wrote:
Is Rov's round still going to happen at some point?

And is there usually an issue with running two mafia games at once? Do people get confused with scum reads from different games and such?

In that order:

I dunno, ask Rov. I hope so, because I wanted to play.

Not truly, but multitasking too much can lead to burn out. So while we could probably have two or three rounds here at once, given that our player base here is about 10 to 18-ish at best, a couple of rounds simultaneously shouldn't strain us too much. It's really all about moderation and understanding number of committed players v. how ambitious of an operation is run. So while we probably won't have five rounds running simultaneously any time soon, a round of 60 is similarly unlikely at this time (like ye olden days).

Sleeping is my life.

Man, you'd think it would be this easy to get enough players to start a game of Vanilla Mafia.

Gettin' Old!

BlueJaythePirate wrote:
Man, you'd think it would be this easy to get enough players to start a game of Vanilla Mafia.

I'm surprised too there was plenty of players before.

I'd commit but I think no powers takes away a lot of the fun.

That's my policy on "vanilla" anything though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I also think its a little odd that we only have 4 players so far.It has already been more than a week since this thread was made,so I guess most people here just prefer games with power roles.

Also,I know this is off-topic but what happened to the round that Rov had announced? I don't think there are any rules about two mafia rounds running at the same time yet,and it doesn't seem likely that the old thread will be recovered.
Signature loading, please wait...

aka Ami <3

Maybe if I do a themed role round, it'll get more play. I'll construct one soon.

And no idea. You'll have to ask Rov for that information.

I simply don't have the time to dedicate for a mafia game round right now, what with my practical training on the way and me having to work on a thesis.

Shameless plug but I feel that this is appropriate.

I'm hosting a "Newbie Round" on my usual mafia game forum. You do not have to be a newbie to play it, the title only indicates the basic idea behind the round: each player will be assigned their own mentor who is not a player but works as an assistant or guide for their assigned player. So if you'd like to learn good tricks, methods, and tips from people who have played the game for years, now's a good chance.

If mentoring players who need help is more right on your alley, you are welcome to sing up as a mentor too.

The sign-ups are open and you can find the thread and more information regarding the round behind this link. All you have to do is register on the site, agree to the MAMA, and sign up as either a player or a mentor.

aka Ami <3

Nego wrote:
Shameless plug but I feel that this is appropriate.

I'm hosting a "Newbie Round" on my usual mafia game forum. You do not have to be a newbie to play it, the title only indicates the basic idea behind the round: each player will be assigned their own mentor who is not a player but works as an assistant or guide for their assigned player. So if you'd like to learn good tricks, methods, and tips from people who have played the game for years, now's a good chance.

If mentoring players who need help is more right on your alley, you are welcome to sing up as a mentor too.

The sign-ups are open and you can find the thread and more information regarding the round behind this link. All you have to do is register on the site, agree to the MAMA, and sign up as either a player or a mentor.

Good stuff.
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus